PDA

View Full Version : Go Mean Green

Gobbler Nation
11-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Go Mean Green

Gsquared
11-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Quit bein so mean. Catch more flies with honey, or somethin like that.

Snotbubbles
11-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Here is my outsiders take on this one.

Seen both teams at least twice this year.

Texans will not play run versus Cuero. Period. They will go majority of time with a 3-man, 4-man fronts, either dropping 7, 8 into coverage, applying pressure to QB (like SH did) with stunts, blitzes and forcing him to beat you. Nelms will have zero concern with the Gobblers rushing ability, with TJ out. Wise thinking I think.

I think Cuero should rely on the run though. Take advantage of the 3-man front. Take the 4, 5 yards per play the 3-man front allows you. Eat the clock, cause they will not be able to stop Wimberley's offense. Shorten the game, run the play clock to :01 before snapping. Be committed to shortening the game.

If Cuero comes out relying on their passing game, they will lose. Passing the ball stops the clock and gives the Texans more snaps on offense. Cuero's "D" to me is their weak link. Help the "D", by eating up the clock on "O".

Last year, a team stopped TJ in the playoffs as I recall in the 2nd round I believe. Cuero has a bruising RB currently, that took over, ate the clock, mix in a pass or two, and they handled the situation, and won.

To me, this is the only way Cuero has a chance. You get in a bombs away battle here, you'll lose big time cause the clock is your opponent IMO. Keep Texans "O" off the turf.

I think Owens knows he must shorten this game to have a chance. He'll settle for the 3-4 yards and a cloud of dust per play method, and the 21-20 victory.

If he tries to air it out, Texans cruise to a 48-14 win.

BaseballUmp
11-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Quit bein so mean. Catch more flies with honey, or somethin like that.

More with a whisper than a shout?