all I can say mike vick WOW

coach
11-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan99
all I can say mike vick WOW

pretty solid performance

BullBoy
11-16-2010, 07:21 AM
He is a BEAST! I'm glad he plays for my favorite NFL team.:D Dallas will be getting a pretty good dose of him next month.:D

RPF2666
11-16-2010, 07:24 AM
As a human being, he's still a piece of CRAP!

coach
11-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666

how do you know? do you know him personally? yeah, what he did was wrong, nut he might have changed. he learned his lesson and has received a 2nd chance and has made the most of it.

BullBoy
11-16-2010, 07:35 AM

seriously? give the man a break, he did his time, get over it, quit hating!

DDBooger
11-16-2010, 07:50 AM
I despise what he did. He paid his debt to society. Hell he spent more time in jail than Stallworth who killed a man while under the influence. He isn't playing the victim of unfortunate circumstances. Just glad he isn't harming animals anymore and just tossing tds and running for em.

Looking4number8
11-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I despise what he did. He paid his debt to society. Hell he spent more time in jail than Stallworth who killed a man while under the influence. He isn't playing the victim of unfortunate circumstances. Just glad he isn't harming animals anymore and just tossing tds and running for em.

+1
My family is a huge dog loving... (no dawg lovin) family. But like you said, he paid his due. If he live the straight life now I am all for him! He is a beast on the field

SWMustang
11-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by coach
how do you know? do you know him personally? yeah, what he did was wrong, nut he might have changed. he learned his lesson and has received a 2nd chance and has made the most of it.

I think we all know that he contributed to the cruelty of animals. I don't have to know him personally to think he's garbage for that.

theville
11-16-2010, 08:37 AM
pretty solid performance

Feel bad for Kevin Kolb. Maybe some other team could grab him.

RPF2666
11-16-2010, 09:00 AM
I stand by my opinion and don't believe it needs justification, it's mine.

He's a great athlete, no question.

If he hadn't gotten caught he'd still be doing it!

eagles_victory
11-16-2010, 09:07 AM
it's mine Sounds like a little kid who doesn't want to share his toys.

SWMustang
11-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Sounds like a little kid who doesn't want to share his toys.

Pot meet kettle

Looking4number8
11-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by theville

Dont feel too bad for him. Mike and Mike were just talking about him and his contract is a 2 year deal. He got a $10,000,000 signing bonus and 2 years at $1,000,000 so he is making $11,000,000 this year. Now he will probally get traded and have a chance to earn a new big contract.

MesquiteFan
11-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Dont feel too bad for him. Mike and Mike were just talking about him and his contract is a 2 year deal. He got a $10,000,000 signing bonus and 2 years at $1,000,000 so he is making $11,000,000 this year. Now he will probally get traded and have a chance to earn a new big contract.

If I'm the Eagles, I keep him.

Looking4number8
11-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
If I'm the Eagles, I keep him.

Good point, it only cost you 1 million to keep him, cant pick up another quality qb for anywhere close to that

Farmersfan
11-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Vick is certainly a talent! The ease in which he threw some of those 60 yard passes last night was amazing. But like most athletes that are given a ton of NATURAL ABILITY he has a over-inflated sense of self worth! The arrogance and obvious lack of humility is a big turnoff for me. And I personally think it's only a matter of time before he becomes infatuated with himself again and does something pretty stupid. You can't change a lifetime of attitude in just a few short years! He will stumble again!
Besides, if he continues to run like he did last night he won't last 2 games!

bwdaggie
11-16-2010, 09:34 AM

+1...hopefully he will get his shot at some point!

AAA87
11-16-2010, 09:51 AM
How many of yall hog hunt with dogs or know people who hog hunt with dogs. That is just as tough on the dog also. I have seen a torn up dog get stapled after a good fight with a hog. Heck there are hog catching tournaments in my home town too and i went to the weigh in this past year and there were some messed up dogs at this thing. I know there is a difference in the two but the way some of the hunters treat the dogs is pretty in humane. Yeah some dogs are meant to hunt you say, but some dogs are bread to fight. I do not condone the fighting of dogs at all but I am stating what some dogs are born to do, just not to be gambled on.

CenTexSports
11-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Vick throws a football like Nolan threw a baseball; it just looks different. The velocity on those passes was amazing and every one of them seemed dead on target.

He may be approaching my hero (Bo Jackson) as one of the best athletes I have seen.

As a person, he had a bad habit or hobby but he has paid for breaking the law. I would take him on my team.

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I stand by my opinion and don't believe it needs justification, it's mine.

He's a great athlete, no question.

If he hadn't gotten caught he'd still be doing it! http://wallpaper.najoomi.com/wallpapers/3/Cute-Baby-Crying-512X384-3.jpg

GrTigers6
11-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Feel bad for Kevin Kolb. Maybe some other team could grab him. Yeah like the Cowboys:D

GrTigers6
11-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Vick is certainly a talent! The ease in which he threw some of those 60 yard passes last night was amazing. But like most athletes that are given a ton of NATURAL ABILITY he has a over-inflated sense of self worth! The arrogance and obvious lack of humility is a big turnoff for me. And I personally think it's only a matter of time before he becomes infatuated with himself again and does something pretty stupid. You can't change a lifetime of attitude in just a few short years! He will stumble again!
Besides, if he continues to run like he did last night he won't last 2 games! I agree with that. Look at when he was a falcon. Great for a few weeks then fall of the deep end and cant even get close to a completion. only time will tell if he has found a way to overcome that downfall.:thinking:

chaingang
11-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Besides, if he continues to run like he did last night he won't last 2 games!

I couldnt disagree with you more. You stated that you cant change a lifetime of attitude in a few short years, well Ive seen it change overnight. Im a big believer in second chances and I do believe he is a totaly different person. Ive been there, I was a person that changed overnight. Why? Because I wanted to and was ready. The main step in recovery is to get yourself out of the environment that promoted the bad behavior. Get new friends, alter your daily routine, etc. It actually happens. I didnt see any arrogance or cockiness in him at all last night, just a former top player trying to be better than he used to be. Im not trying to ruffle your feathers, just disagree thats all.

NECKS_17
11-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
I couldnt disagree with you more. You stated that you cant change a lifetime of attitude in a few short years, well Ive seen it change overnight. Im a big believer in second chances and I do believe he is a totaly different person. Ive been there, I was a person that changed overnight. Why? Because I wanted to and was ready. The main step in recovery is to get yourself out of the environment that promoted the bad behavior. Get new friends, alter your daily routine, etc. It actually happens. I didnt see any arrogance or cockiness in him at all last night, just a former top player trying to be better than he used to be. Im not trying to ruffle your feathers, just disagree thats all. Josh Hamilton is the perfect example of changing overnight!

coach
11-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by NECKS_17
Josh Hamilton is the perfect example of changing overnight!

who is that? never heard of him...

NECKS_17
11-16-2010, 03:19 PM
who is that? never heard of him... I would have called you an idiot..but then I read your signature:thumbsup:

DDBooger
11-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by NECKS_17
Josh Hamilton is the perfect example of changing overnight! "OH, but that's different!"

:rolleyes: :D

SWMustang
11-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I couldnt disagree with you more. You stated that you cant change a lifetime of attitude in a few short years, well Ive seen it change overnight. Im a big believer in second chances and I do believe he is a totaly different person. Ive been there, I was a person that changed overnight. Why? Because I wanted to and was ready. The main step in recovery is to get yourself out of the environment that promoted the bad behavior. Get new friends, alter your daily routine, etc. It actually happens. I didnt see any arrogance or cockiness in him at all last night, just a former top player trying to be better than he used to be. Im not trying to ruffle your feathers, just disagree thats all.

where were you when Jeffery Dahmer needed a friend?

Saggy Aggie
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Vick for MVP. :clap: :)

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Vick is doing great things but lets keep last nights performance in perspective, he played the Redskins here is a list of quarterbacks and how they've performed against the Redskins, who rank 31st in pass yards and 32nd in total yards allowed as well as 26th in points allowed...not really a stellar defense to judge Vick by one game

sinton66
11-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Vick is doing great things but lets keep last nights performance in perspective, he played the Redskins here is a list of quarterbacks and how they've performed against the Redskins, who rank 31st in pass yards and 32nd in total yards allowed as well as 26th in points allowed...not really a stellar defense to judge Vick by one game

My thoughts too.

Farmersfan
11-17-2010, 08:21 AM

All very good points! And if someone is simply living a life that has been steered a little off course then I say a second chance is a great thing. But when I examine a situation where a individual was "CAUGHT" or "FORCED" into a change then I have to look at the actions of that individual when left to their own moral compass! I have to ask IF that person is truely sorry for what he did or is he only sorry for GETTING CAUGHT! This wasn't a case of substance abuse where a person's perspective or attitude is physically or physiologically altered by a foreign substance. This was a case of a person ACTING on his own moral compass! M. Vick didn't simply break the law by fighting dogs. He actually participated in the systematic torture and killing of innocent animals. A "DECENT" person does not burn, drown or beat a innocent animal under any circumstances! No amount of peer pressure will force a good person to do these things! There must have been a measure of sorriness in him in the first place. Those acts tell me bunches about what type of person Vick is on the inside! And you don't change the inside that easily!!!!!!!
Maybe I'm a sceptic but I don't think a person can change something that took a lifetime to develope in just a few short years. Once M. Vick stops feeling the pressure to walk the straight and narrow he will revert back to the self absorbed, entitled and pampered individual that we all got to know!

Farmersfan
11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

I agree Dre!
I don't think anyone has ever denied the physical tools that Vick has! The difference in average QBs and great QBs in the NFL is what they do between the ears! And we have seen a long history of Vick's lacking in that department! If he can "get his head on straight" he certainly can be a top notch Qb. But I have my doubts!

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2010, 08:38 AM
All very good points! And if someone is simply living a life that has been steered a little off course then I say a second chance is a great thing. But when I examine a situation where a individual was "CAUGHT" or "FORCED" into a change then I have to look at the actions of that individual when left to their own moral compass! I have to ask IF that person is truely sorry for what he did or is he only sorry for GETTING CAUGHT! This wasn't a case of substance abuse where a person's perspective or attitude is physically or physiologically altered by a foreign substance. This was a case of a person ACTING on his own moral compass! M. Vick didn't simply break the law by fighting dogs. He actually participated in the systematic torture and killing of innocent animals. A "DECENT" person does not burn, drown or beat a innocent animal under any circumstances! No amount of peer pressure will force a good person to do these things! There must have been a measure of sorriness in him in the first place. Those acts tell me bunches about what type of person Vick is on the inside! And you don't change the inside that easily!!!!!!!
Maybe I'm a sceptic but I don't think a person can change something that took a lifetime to develope in just a few short years. Once M. Vick stops feeling the pressure to walk the straight and narrow he will revert back to the self absorbed, entitled and pampered individual that we all got to know!

You make good points..but sometimes a person even "forced" to change does just that. It is not like Vick got a slap on the wrist then pronounced he was changed. He had everything taken from him from money, wealth, fame and freedom. IMO If that did not change hm, nothing will. We will see from this point forward as he regains his wealth and status if he really changed.