PDA

View Full Version : Who, where, and when is Cameron playing this weekend?

Old Tiger
11-15-2010, 11:49 PM
???

3afan
11-16-2010, 06:44 AM
vs. Newton (8-3), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Spring's George Stadium

King_LeYoeNidas
11-16-2010, 10:17 AM
should be a slaughter.....IF Cameron has done what they have all year and stop the run. Otherwise it could be a shootout w/ Cameron still winning by 2 or 3 scores. Newton's D gives up far too much to average teams (28+ in 6 games so far) so the Yoe squad will shred them.

Bosqueville
11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Ouch... what a draw for your first playoff game this year.

Yoe_09
11-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah ill probably head out at about 3:00 for this one. If we can stop the run we will be fine. We just have to be able to contain the outside and make sure we turn them back in. I am going to watch the Newton/East Chambers and Newton/Kirbyville games a little later to get a better idea.

Old Tiger, I think your cousin may get a decent amount of playing time depending on our injury status.

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Yeah ill probably head out at about 3:00 for this one. If we can stop the run we will be fine. We just have to be able to contain the outside and make sure we turn them back it. I am going to watch the Newton/East Chambers and Newton/Kirbyville games a little later to get a better idea.

Old Tiger, I think your cousin may get a decent amount of playing time depending on our injury status. Yeah I haven't talked to him since this past weekend but I will call and talk to him Thursday night. He did very well IMO on his first varsity game. Definitely didn't look as slow as I thought he would but he has been working on getting faster because that is his goal. So far he's gotten 2/3 of his short term goals and that was to make varsity and get faster.

BaseballUmp
11-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Cameron has been destroying 2A this year outscoring opponents 43-10. Our only close games were a 2 point win over Navasota which should have been about a 14 point win had there not been about 4 mistakes in the last 5 minutes, and a 10 point win over La Vega.

Feeling pretty good about this week. Don't think Newton can stop or passing game this week especially if they try and man up. We have 3 or 4 top receivers and our rb is getting over 100 a game. Still dont think Brownwood would even come close to us :D

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I wish yalls RB wouldn't try to juke so much....a lot of times if he'd plant and go he'd probably double his yardage.

Yoe_09
11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
In some instances, yes it would probably work out better...but until someone decides to stop him...I wouldn't change a thing.

Bosqueville
11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Cameron has been destroying 2A this year outscoring opponents 43-10. Our only close games were a 2 point win over Navasota which should have been about a 14 point win had there not been about 4 mistakes in the last 5 minutes, and a 10 point win over La Vega.

Feeling pretty good about this week. Don't think Newton can stop or passing game this week especially if they try and man up. We have 3 or 4 top receivers and our rb is getting over 100 a game. Still dont think Brownwood would even come close to us :D

You're a funny guy! :clap:

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
In some instances, yes it would probably work out better...but until someone decides to stop him...I wouldn't change a thing. Those instances will be late in the playoffs when your playing against fast defenses that are well coached.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
vs. Newton (8-3), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Spring's George Stadium

That's right across the freeway from me. Too bad Navasota is playing across town at the same time. Bummer!:(

Yoe_09
11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Those instances will be late in the playoffs when your playing against fast defenses that are well coached.

We shall see.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I haven't seen Cameron since week three of the season. At that time, they were a solid bunch. And given what they have done the rest of the season, it doesn't look like that anything has changed.

With that said, the win over Navasota was hugh, IMO. Not only for Navasota but for Cameron as well. Cameron was able to hang on to a lead in the final seconds. As for Navasota, the Rattlers seem to have taken off after the loss to the oYe.

Offensively, Cameron can move the ball. They probably were the most consistent team that Navasota played all year on the offensive side of the ball. As far the defense goes, before playing Sealy, I thought that Cameron had the best defense that the Rattlers had seen. But, given the overall improvements from the Rattlers, I would give the edge to Sealy. Not to take anything away from Cameron at all, but, I just feel that Sealy has a slight edge over the oYe.

I look for Cameron to make a deep run. However, Newton has great tradition. They know how to win the big games. Cameron will have to come into this game and play sound football on both sides of the ball.

Good Luck and GO YOE!

Cameron 35-14.

BaseballUmp
11-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I haven't seen Cameron since week three of the season. At that time, they were a solid bunch. And given what they have done the rest of the season, it doesn't look like that anything has changed.

With that said, the win over Navasota was hugh, IMO. Not only for Navasota but for Cameron as well. Cameron was able to hang on to a lead in the final seconds. As for Navasota, the Rattlers seem to have taken off after the loss to the oYe.

Offensively, Cameron can move the ball. They probably were the most consistent team that Navasota played all year on the offensive side of the ball. As far the defense goes, before playing Sealy, I thought that Cameron had the best defense that the Rattlers had seen. But, given the overall improvements from the Rattlers, I would give the edge to Sealy. Not to take anything away from Cameron at all, but, I just feel that Sealy has a slight edge over the oYe.

I look for Cameron to make a deep run. However, Newton has great tradition. They know how to win the big games. Cameron will have to come into this game and play sound football on both sides of the ball.

Good Luck and GO YOE!

Cameron 35-14.

I understand what you are saying, but you have to also realize that we saw yall in week 3 and yall saw Sealy in week 11. And I think Cameron's defense has exceeded what we were to begin the season by leaps and bounds

Yoe_09
11-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I understand what you are saying, but you have to also realize that we saw yall in week 3 and yall saw Sealy in week 11. And I think Cameron's defense has exceeded what we were to begin the season by leaps and bounds

True. I think the defense has gotten quite a bit better since the Navasota game. In the game we did not play that bad defensively, we just gave up way to many bombs down the field.

Offensively I think we are still doing what we have been doing all season. As long as we do not turnover the ball(which we havent for the most part) we should be fine.

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 12:13 PM
True. I think the defense has gotten quite a bit better since the Navasota game. In the game we did not play that bad defensively, we just gave up way to many bombs down the field.

Offensively I think we are still doing what we have been doing all season. As long as we do not turnover the ball(which we havent for the most part) we should be fine. You guys also played a weak district so its hard to get a true test of your defense till you go up against another good team.

BaseballUmp
11-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey, both teams are still playing, and McGregor has a good shot at playing us next week if we both win...Marlin will get trounced by Tatum though

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Hey, both teams are still playing, and McGregor has a good shot at playing us next week if we both win...Marlin will get trounced by Tatum though Like I said weak district aside from McGregor and yall and yall torched them.

I'm looking forward to a Tatum/Yoe match up.

Anyone have brackets that I can look at for 2a?

Yoe_09
11-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey, both teams are still playing, and McGregor has a good shot at playing us next week if we both win...Marlin will get trounced by Tatum though

Many people(not on message boards) feel that Marlin does match up decently with Tatum so it might be a little more interesting than most think.

As far as the district goes....it is not as weak as everyone thinks. Sure it does not have the depth of a lot of 3A districts but it has shown to be a threat so far in the playoffs. We probably have one of the top 5 districts in the state in 2A DI.

Yoe_09
11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Like I said weak district aside from McGregor and yall and yall torched them.

I'm looking forward to a Tatum/Yoe match up.

Anyone have brackets that I can look at for 2a?

2A DI (http://www2.uil.utexas.edu/brackets/football/2A_Division1.pdf)

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Anahuac/Tatum will be good next week!

Looks like it could possibly be a tatum/cameron and Rice semi final but I don't know much about any of the region IV teams.

Yoe_09
11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Anahuac/Tatum will be good next week!

Looks like it could possibly be a tatum/cameron and Rice semi final but I don't know much about any of the region IV teams.

Many people think Lago Vista could come out of Region IV, but whoever comes out of Region III should breeze through the semis.

You think Anahuac will beat Crockett?

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Many people think Lago Vista could come out of Region IV, but whoever comes out of Region III should breeze through the semis.

You think Anahuac will beat Crockett? Well I hope its Cameron/Rice so it will be in college station most likely at Kyle field

Yoe_09
11-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, it would also be nice if McGregor could beat East Chambers(the game would be played in Temple) and if Marlin could get through Tatum & Crockett...but this will not happen.

You going to Spring?

BaseballUmp
11-16-2010, 12:33 PM
yea I see Crockett winning over anahuac and Lago has been hyped a lot lately and Refugio killed Rice in week 0 by 50+

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah, it would also be nice if McGregor could beat East Chambers(the game would be played in Temple) and if Marlin could get through Tatum & Crockett...but this will not happen.

You going to Spring? possibly but i doubt it. who knows

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM

No doubt....I just haven't seen you guys since then. I was just going on what I saw in week three. Believe me, I know that you guys have probably only gotten stronger. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cameron won it all.