PDA

View Full Version : Coaching changes

Coach BS
11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Any coaches leaving or getting fired that you know of??

bowleghorses
11-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Any coaches leaving or getting fired that you know of??

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ !!!!:D

95mustang
11-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ !!!!:D

WOW, say it isn't so. I didn't see that one coming. ;)

theville
11-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Not being mean but Bob Shipley may leave the Wood after this season.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by theville
Not being mean but Bob Shipley may leave the Wood after this season.

Yeah I heard he was going to be the new offensive coordinator at UT.

theville
11-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Yeah I heard he was going to be the new offensive coordinator at UT.

Hope that happens.

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by theville
Hope that happens.

Well I heard it at the whataburger in Early so it's true.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Not being mean but Coach G. at Stephenville may be asked to step down if he doesn't beat Aledo in the quarter finals.

trojandad
11-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Well I heard it at the whataburger in Early so it's true.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
I hear Shipley is moving on and Rogers is going to take over in Brownwood. :eek:

OldNavy
11-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Thought I read that the Paris coach has been reassigned to other duties, and they are looking to go in another direction. I guess that means they are looking for a new head coach.

ccmom
11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I hear Shipley is moving on and Rogers is going to take over in Brownwood. :eek: :spitlol: :D

coach
11-16-2010, 10:13 AM
dont worry guys i am not going anywhere

jason
11-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Not being mean but Coach G. at Stephenville may be asked to step down if he doesn't beat Aledo in the quarter finals. that wouldn't surprise me - he has done little with decent talent - he'll beat the teams he is supposed to beat but can't win against good teams....

and for the life of me i can't understand why they make their qb run to the sideline after every play - i watched him run from the 1 yard line on the far corner of the field to get a play call that was just a hand off straight up the middle - he has got to run a couple hundred extra yards a game just getting plays...

Lombardi
11-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Gene Stallings is selecting a new coach as we speak
Originally posted by OldNavy
Thought I read that the Paris coach has been reassigned to other duties, and they are looking to go in another direction. I guess that means they are looking for a new head coach.

catgut
11-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Lombardi
Gene Stallings is selecting a new coach as we speak I hope he's not involved in this one. He knows what he's talking about but this is high school.

catgut
11-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Thought I read that the Paris coach has been reassigned to other duties, and they are looking to go in another direction. I guess that means they are looking for a new head coach. Someone will get a good group to work with. I think we started more freshmen this year than we did seniors. And no seniors were starting on offense at first of year. Not sure might have been one by end of season.

OldNavy
11-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by catgut
Someone will get a good group to work with. I think we started more freshmen this year than we did seniors. And no seniors were starting on offense at first of year. Not sure might have been one by end of season.
Don't you have new facilities as well. Looks like plenty to build on there.

SHSBulldog00
11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I heard Atlanta is looking for a new AD/HC.

RoyceTTU
11-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

Didn't Wade Phillips coach a few games there :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

SHSBulldog00
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Didn't Wade Phillips coach a few games there :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:clap: :clap: Rabbits

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Mac McWhorter - Offensive Line Coach, Texas

For sure...

Greg Davis possibly but probably not

tog
11-16-2010, 02:13 PM
there are three I know of that will go down this week.

FbCoachB40
11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I definately know of one

hollywood
11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jason
that wouldn't surprise me - he has done little with decent talent - he'll beat the teams he is supposed to beat but can't win against good teams....

and for the life of me i can't understand why they make their qb run to the sideline after every play - i watched him run from the 1 yard line on the far corner of the field to get a play call that was just a hand off straight up the middle - he has got to run a couple hundred extra yards a game just getting plays...

Just kidding about losing job over Aledo loss. I do think Coach G. is a good coach overall... but there are a few things that seem to really keep their offense from getting into a rhythm. And the QB running to the sideline every down to get the play in is one of the less productive things I've ever seen. Shoot, I bet it's way more than a couple of hundred yards. I'd say on average, he runs 30 yrds per down (15 there and 15 back to the huddle). Multiply that by a modist number of plays per game at 60... (60*30) 1,800! That's over a mile per game just running plays into the huddle. Dumb!

87 TIGER
11-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Any word in Caldwell counrty about Williams leaving??

Snotbubbles
11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Just kidding about losing job over Aledo loss. I do think Coach G. is a good coach overall... but there are a few things that seem to really keep their offense from getting into a rhythm. And the QB running to the sideline every down to get the play in is one of the less productive things I've ever seen. Shoot, I bet it's way more than a couple of hundred yards. I'd say on average, he runs 30 yrds per down (15 there and 15 back to the huddle). Multiply that by a modist number of plays per game at 60... (60*30) 1,800! That's over a mile per game just running plays into the huddle. Dumb!

Yeah, pretty dumb. I'd rather have the QB call his own plays before doing this.

catgut
11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Don't you have new facilities as well. Looks like plenty to build on there.
Yes, we have new high school, stadium, and field house with indoor practice facility.

FB-fanatic
11-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Head football coach at Robinson, Brian Lewis, was let go this morning.

BaseballUmp
11-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Fredricksburg
Lubbock High
Atlanta
Temple
Baytown Sterling
Lubbock Coronado
Paris
Hays Consolidated
Waco Robinson
Fort Davis

coach
11-17-2010, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

i heard that too...dark horse for the job would be nacs offensive coordinator james reyes

Ex-Tiger2005
11-17-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I hear Shipley is moving on and Rogers is going to take over in Brownwood. :eek:

:fnypost:

Hilarious...