PDA

View Full Version : Lorena vs. Athens

griff
11-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any discussions on this game. Both teams enjoyed successful seasons and now meet in round two. Are there posters from either or both schools that can shed some light on the type of teams they are (style of offense, defense, etc.) and what to look for in this game? 'Would appreciate any input.

midline
11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Lorena is very well coached. Saw them play against Carthage last year and gave them all they could handle. Played physical football. Had a really good RB. Special teams kept them alive that night. I know it's a different but somethings don't change. No one is going to beat them down. It's gonna be a fight regardless who they play. Seems like a great place. Small enrollment compared to Athens and have had more success traditionally.

Athens runs the Wing-T and has an outstanding wideout. Has caught a TD in a every game this season. They also have a utility player named Kendall Sanders that is absolutely the REAL DEAL! QB moved in from P. Westwood and was the newcomer of year as a soph in his previous district. He is having a great senior year. On defense they have had a tough time against the pass but fly around and create turnovers. They have also blocked alot of punts. Athens lost to Chapel Hill in the district Championship 38-35 in Chapel Hill. This team is legit.

Looks to be a really good match-up. I say Athens 28 Lorena 24

Matthew328
11-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Kendall Sanders is a stud....really like his game

Chillfan
11-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by midline
Lorena is very well coached. Saw them play against Carthage last year and gave them all they could handle. Played physical football. Had a really good RB. Special teams kept them alive that night. I know it's a different but somethings don't change. No one is going to beat them down. It's gonna be a fight regardless who they play. Seems like a great place. Small enrollment compared to Athens and have had more success traditionally.

Athens runs the Wing-T and has an outstanding wideout. Has caught a TD in a every game this season. They also have a utility player named Kendall Sanders that is absolutely the REAL DEAL! QB moved in from P. Westwood and was the newcomer of year as a soph in his previous district. He is having a great senior year. On defense they have had a tough time against the pass but fly around and create turnovers. They have also blocked alot of punts. Athens lost to Chapel Hill in the district Championship 38-35 in Chapel Hill. This team is legit.

I agree midline. They have a great QB and WR combo. #5 is big and athlectic. He runs very well after the catch. I think the defense is pretty decent. The sure played us tough.

I wouldnt fall asleep on Athens. Their offense is explosive.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Not many are talking about this game, but, I think that this matchup has the potential to be a really good contest.

Yoe_09
11-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Lorena by 7.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by midline

Sorry, I didn't realize that you had posted that observation.

91 lion
11-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Not many are talking about this game, but, I think that this matchup has the potential to be a really good contest.

+1