PDA

View Full Version : #8 Nebraska @ #18 Texas A&M, Saturday

navscanmaster
11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Ags are playing at a high level, and besides a quarter long nap on defense the last three games, they have been shutting down opponents, especially in the clutch. Nebraska's defense is going to be tough to crack. Tannehill has not yet seen the kind of pressure and coverage talent that is fixing to be unleashed on him. But he has been what A&M needed the most: a winner.

I am hyped up about this one. Just might be going to it after watching the Rattlers advance Friday.:D

Thoughts?

MoveInDad
11-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Ags are playing at a high level, and besides a quarter long nap on defense the last three games, they have been shutting down opponents, especially in the clutch. Nebraska's defense is going to be tough to crack. Tannehill has not yet seen the kind of pressure and coverage talent that is fixing to be unleashed on him. But he has been what A&M needed the most: a winner.

I am hyped up about this one. Just might be going to it after watching the Rattlers advance Friday.:D

Thoughts?
Thank you Aggies for keeping the Big-12 at least interesting the last 2 weeks.

zebrablue2
11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Gonna be a war at Kyle Field on Saturday night! Should be a great game!!! Go AGS:2thumbsup

nasa1
11-15-2010, 09:45 PM
gametime?

spirate_9
11-15-2010, 09:47 PM
This should be an awesome game. The Ags are playing some damn good football right now. Tannehill seems to be the spark that they needed. Him, along with a renewed defense (I'm still not ready to start with the Wrecking Crew chants) have them playing some of their best football in over a decade. Kyle Field's going to be rocking Saturday night as A&M is trying to break the record for the largest student crowd in the history of college football (28,100+).

zebrablue2
11-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by nasa1
gametime?

saw 7pm in the HC this morning!!!

oldtownag
11-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by spirate_9
(I'm still not ready to start with the Wrecking Crew chants)

Why not. This is the best defense A&M has played in soooo looooong. They need swagger and the Wrecking Crew chants will contribute to that.

DDBooger
11-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Why not. This is the best defense A&M has played in soooo looooong. They need swagger and the Wrecking Crew chants will contribute to that. Not quite the wrecking crew, but I like where DeRuyter is taking them. He may not last to long there as I'm sure he's getting some attention for a HC position. A&M's d was pathetic for so long and now he's made them pretty formidable.

spirate_9
11-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Why not. This is the best defense A&M has played in soooo looooong. They need swagger and the Wrecking Crew chants will contribute to that.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're playing some of the best defense I've seen by the Ags in a long time. I just want to see it consistently over a period of time. I do think that we're heading in the right direction. The Wrecking Crew will be back soon. I love the DeRuyter hire and hope that we can keep him for several years without him getting a HC job somewhere.

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I'll be there. :)

And then my birthday party after. An A&M win would make my night a lot better, but we're gonna party regardless. :cool:

Should be a great game. :clap:

20FAN07
11-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Exactly. We will never see the days of the wrecking crew of years past, but chanting wrecking crew the past few weeks is us applauding the efforts they are giving. They have had some great performances as of late and as players have said, "it just gives them chills to hear wrecking crew echoing through Kyle." Saturday night is going to be electric, can't wait to be in my seats

bwdaggie
11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
from aggie athletics: "It was a record-setting first day of student ticket pull for the 12th Man, the Texas A&M students with an all-sports or football ticket option, as 13,678 students pulled tickets for the Saturday, Nov. 20 football game against Nebraska." the 12th man will be a FORCE & the ags will hopefully give nebraska a run for there money! BTHO the huskers!

Yoe_09
11-15-2010, 11:29 PM
I'll be watching...should be an electric atmosphere.

3afan
11-16-2010, 08:06 AM
TV?

spirate_9
11-16-2010, 08:25 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/spirate_9/ABC.jpg

DDBooger
11-16-2010, 08:27 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/spirate_9/ABC.jpg :thumbsup:
Prime time, should be good.

NastySlot
11-16-2010, 09:13 AM
i'll be there with my daughter ....on her birthday.

rojosgirl
11-16-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm glad the Ags have figured out some of their problems (QB) and got back on track. They've been fun to watch the last few weeks, but I've gotta go with the HUSKERS on this one. Should be a great game & I know things at Kyle Field will be rocking!

GO-BIG-RED!

:1popcorn:

trojandad
11-16-2010, 10:01 AM
is the talk about college gameday coming to a&m this weekend true?

jason
11-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
is the talk about college gameday coming to a&m this weekend true? i think they are going to the game at fenway park...

trojandad
11-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by jason
i think they are going to the game at fenway park...

they play football at fenway??

jason
11-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
they play football at fenway?? some special things - first football game ever there

3afan
11-16-2010, 10:15 AM

3afan
11-16-2010, 10:17 AM
actually I think they will be at Illinois vs Northwestern at Wrigley Field in Chicago

jason
11-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
actually I think they will be at Illinois vs Northwestern at Wrigley Field in Chicago they are - thought it was fenway...

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 12:05 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/spirate_9/ABC.jpg doooooomed jk

Yall are on a 3 game tv win streak huh?

NECKS_17
11-16-2010, 12:21 PM
B.T.H.O. n.u.:thumbsup:

spirate_9
11-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
doooooomed jk

Yall are on a 3 game tv win streak huh?

Ha, yea I think we are (KU, OU, Baylor). Hell of a lot better than the 12 game TV losing streak we were on previously.

pirate4state
11-16-2010, 12:52 PM
spirate_9 you going to the game?

spirate_9
11-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
spirate_9 you going to the game?

Yep, headin up there Friday afternoon.

pirate4state
11-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Yep, headin up there Friday afternoon.
should be fun! i can't believe i've watched more Aggie football than Longhorn football the past few weeks :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Mojado
11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
You gotta love the home dog Ags at +3 in the Big 12 this week! National TV, night game, the place will be rockin! With that being said, it scares the crap outa me. I think the line is reversed and Nebraska is a real 2 point favorite. 62% of the bets are in Nebraska so far! With that info is say....

Aggies by 13

as of today...:D

rojosgirl
11-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Don't think that will ever happen!

:thmbdwn:

Mojado
11-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Don't think that will ever happen!

:thmbdwn:

What won't happen???

BEAST
11-16-2010, 02:17 PM
I dont think many people outside the Aggies fanbase realize what the Ags have going on. The Aggies are for real. OU was ranked #8 when they got theirs handed to them. Shermans system has finally taken hold. It will be even better next year. The aTm / TU thing flips about every 10-12 years. Late 80s through the mid to late 90s the Ags dominated. Since then the Horns have. Texas A&M is most definately headed in the right direction. Texas, theyve quit playing for their coach....see Cowboys.

BEAST

neck_06
11-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Ags are going at +3 (-120) at home right now on bodog.com. Pretty tough to bet. Not sure what I want to do.. Lol

Reds fan
11-16-2010, 06:27 PM
The 12th Man is getting pumped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umSpMuRF_H4

1st and goal
11-16-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't know for sure but the Aggies are one of the youngest teams in football. They will be totally reloaded next year if they don't have any draft fallout. I'm so stoked to see them having this success. All I've heard (for years) is about all the blue chippers going to tu and such and I'm glad the Aggies are putting it on a bunch of teams with all their young talent.

Cyrus Gray is a bad a$$ running back. Did y'all see some of his efforts against Baylor? Determination and brute strength. Awesome.:cool:

Emerson1
11-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
They will be totally reloaded next year if they don't have any draft fallout.
I wouldn't worry about that.

navscanmaster
11-16-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't know for sure but the Aggies are one of the youngest teams in football. They will be totally reloaded next year if they don't have any draft fallout. I'm so stoked to see them having this success. All I've heard (for years) is about all the blue chippers going to tu and such and I'm glad the Aggies are putting it on a bunch of teams with all their young talent.

Cyrus Gray is a bad a$$ running back. Did y'all see some of his efforts against Baylor? Determination and brute strength. Awesome.:cool:

Gray started his freshmen year as well, mostly due to Mike Goodson being injured. He did well on a team that finished 4-8. C-Mike is probably the better NFL talent of the two, but Gray is better at making people miss. C-Mike is a better trucker in the running lanes. How many teams in this conference, or all of DI football for that matter, have two solid 100 yard backs ready to play, especially behind a young line?

Look at that line, BTW. Tackles are freshmen, guards are sophomores, and the center is a senior. Eike, the junior and two year starter at LG, is coming back from a injury and will have to fight to regain his starter status. That is a good problem to have with a young line.

BUT.....

They have to block the blackshirts this week and the still formidable UT five nights later. These next two weeks will show what they are really made of.

neck_06
11-16-2010, 10:04 PM

Thats something that he was lacking earlier in the season. When Jerrod was playing we tended to be in the shotgun more often, so he wasn't running downhill as much. Now that we have shifted to more of a "pro-style" offense, Cyrus is finally showing what he can really do. Can't wait to see more of it this weekend.

neck_06
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM

BUT.....

They have to block the blackshirts this week and the still formidable UT five nights later. These next two weeks will show what they are really made of.

Pssh, those guys are nothin.. :hand:

navscanmaster
11-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I wouldn't worry about that.

Nope. They lose their two big LBs to graduation, Hodges and Miller. Von will of course move on to a big NFL career, and Michael Hodges will have to put on a show at the combine to get any interest, due to his size. Allen will graduate at Center. Jerrod will graduate, and with his shoulder being fully healed, should grab a spot on an NFL roster. His performance at camps has been well received the last few years. McGee pulled it off after a sad ending to his Texas A&M career, and JJ is probably more highly regarded by most scouts.

The only real draft worry is Jeff Fuller. Have you seen this guy up close? He is a monster at his position. Muscled up, smart at the game, and an unbelievable ability to catch anything thrown to him. He will probably get a big pay day heading to the draft this year, however I think he will stay for his senior year if he thinks a Big XII title or MNC is possible.

neck_06
11-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Nope. They lose their two big LBs to graduation, Hodges and Miller. Von will of course move on to a big NFL career, and Michael Hodges will have to put on a show at the combine to get any interest, due to his size. Allen will graduate at Center. Jerrod will graduate, and with his shoulder being fully healed, should grab a spot on an NFL roster. His performance at camps has been well received the last few years. McGee pulled it off after a sad ending to his Texas A&M career, and JJ is probably more highly regarded by most scouts.

The only real draft worry is Jeff Fuller. Have you seen this guy up close? He is a monster at his position. Muscled up, smart at the game, and an unbelievable ability to catch anything thrown to him. He will probably get a big pay day heading to the draft this year, however I think he will stay for his senior year if he thinks a Big XII title or MNC is possible.

Fuller is gone.

mar00nmichael
11-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I dont think many people outside the Aggies fanbase realize what the Ags have going on. The Aggies are for real. OU was ranked #8 when they got theirs handed to them. Shermans system has finally taken hold. It will be even better next year. The aTm / TU thing flips about every 10-12 years. Late 80s through the mid to late 90s the Ags dominated. Since then the Horns have. Texas A&M is most definately headed in the right direction. Texas, theyve quit playing for their coach....see Cowboys.

BEAST

I hope this is a trend. It is about time for the Ags to rise up and reclaim their regular season domination and extend it to Bowl Season

rojosgirl
11-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I do think these next 2 games will prove if the Aggies are the real deal or not. Glad they've stepped it up the last few weeks. Still gotta go with the Huskers.

GO-BIG-RED!

Mojado
11-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
Ags are going at +3 (-120) at home right now on bodog.com. Pretty tough to bet. Not sure what I want to do.. Lol

Still 63% of the betting public on Nebraska and the line hasn't moved???

I'm liking the Ags more and more even though the Big 12 is a crap district...:D

defense51
11-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Aggies pull the upset again 24-14

NastySlot
11-17-2010, 07:36 PM
"Dollar" Bill is trying to have a record set with student attendence.....might just get it looks like....after three days of student sports/football passes pulls the total stands at 25.734 with the fish pulling tomorrow and i think discounted tickets for students w/out passes going on sale friday (i think).

neck_06
11-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
"Dollar" Bill is trying to have a record set with student attendence.....might just get it looks like....after three days of student sports/football passes pulls the total stands at 25.734 with the fish pulling tomorrow and i think discounted tickets for students w/out passes going on sale friday (i think).

Yup. Fish and whoever hasn't used their sports pass yet pull tomorrow starting at 7 am. Discounted student tickets start selling Friday morning at 8.

spirate_9
11-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Fuller is gone.

Although, he'll likely be a 1st round pick, his original intentions were to stay all four years. I wouldn't be so sure that he's gone after this season.

A&M's Fuller may come back for more (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texasam/7274307.html)

neck_06
11-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Although, he'll likely be a 1st round pick, his original intentions were to stay all four years. I wouldn't be so sure that he's gone after this season.

A&M's Fuller may come back for more (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texasam/7274307.html)

Jeff is a smart kid. A smart kid that knows not to tip his hand. Hope he stays....but he won't.

spirate_9
11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Jeff is a smart kid. A smart kid that knows not to tip his hand. Hope he stays....but he won't.

Just trying to be optimistic. Although our receiving corps is pretty deep, Fuller is a STUD

neck_06
11-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Just trying to be optimistic. Although our receiving corps is pretty deep, Fuller is a STUD

I understand trying to be optomistic, but get used to this sort of thing happening at A&M. As we start to get better as a team (which is starting to happen), you're gonna start seeing more guys leave for the NFL after their Junior year. GREAT problem to have if you ask me! :thumbsup:

And yes, Jeff is most definitely a STUD! Only thing that might hold him back in the league is his speed (high 4.5s), but he should make up for that with his size.