3. Atlanta
4. Gilmer
5. Gainesville
6. Bellville
7. Rice Consolidated
8. Jasper
9. Longview Spring Hill
10. Marlin
How can two teams with (5-4) records (Atlanta and Marlin) be in the top ten?

Matthew328
11-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Check out the teams Marlin and Atlanta have lost too and you'll know why

JasperDog94
11-03-2003, 10:53 AM
A lot of it also has to do with injuries and getting star players back. (Marlin)

3afan
11-03-2003, 11:18 AM
JasperDog94:
A lot of it also has to do with injuries and getting star players back. (Marlin)i dont think these "computer" polls can take that into account - its all numbers ............

Gilmer Buckeye
11-03-2003, 12:51 PM
I don't disagree with Gilmer dropping to No. 4, but it couldn't be all about the numbers. We won, 56-14, but some human had to come in and override the computer and say, "Yeah, but it was tied 7-7 at halftime."

When you are deadlocked after two quarters at home against a 1-7 team whose own coach admitted beforehand there was basically no way Rains could even stay on the field with Gilmer, you shouldn't be surprised at the drop.

I think our coach is probably somewhat relieved to be ranked as an underdog to Daingerfield and Atlanta, the two teams we have to beat to get out of Region II.

And if the Bucks were to go ahead and lose to Lindale, they'd establish themselves as even bigger underdogs up against Daingerfield. But there's such a thing as carrying this underdog stuff too far.

BUDDY
11-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Having watched both Gilmer and Daingerfield play this year, Gilmer should be underdogs going in to that 1st round playoff game. Both teams are filled with talent. Daingerfield's defense will match up very well against the Gilmer offense. Gilmer has not faced the quickness and physical type of play that Daingerfield will bring to the field. Granted Gilmer will score a couple of times, but that will be about it. On offense Daingerfield is averaging about 35 points per game and around 350yds offense per game. The Gilmer defense also has not faced anything of this caliber all season and they will not match up well at all. Kicking game....that is a no brainer as well. The Mcfarlin kid is one of the top kickers and punters in the state. Watching him in pregame drills will leave you lost for words. Last but not least Daingerfield just knows how to win the big games!!!!!!!D'field 35 Gilmer 17

Buckeye80
11-03-2003, 02:54 PM
BUDDY:
Having watched both Gilmer and Daingerfield play this year, Gilmer should be underdogs going in to that 1st round playoff game. Both teams are filled with talent. Daingerfield's defense will match up very well against the Gilmer offense. Gilmer has not faced the quickness and physical type of play that Daingerfield will bring to the field. Granted Gilmer will score a couple of times, but that will be about it. On offense Daingerfield is averaging about 35 points per game and around 350yds offense per game. The Gilmer defense also has not faced anything of this caliber all season and they will not match up well at all. Kicking game....that is a no brainer as well. The Mcfarlin kid is one of the top kickers and punters in the state. Watching him in pregame drills will leave you lost for words. Last but not least Daingerfield just knows how to win the big games!!!!!!!D'field 35 Gilmer 17I'll respectfully disagree with you. Both teams returned 17 starters this year, and both are playing equally well. So, saying that we haven't played anyone like Daingerfield is not entirely true. We played them last year in the playoffs with almost the exact same teams on both sides. Regardless, we lost last year, but gained a year of experience in trade. We are better this year, and I honestly feel that we will play Daingerfield a very close game even if we do not win, but hopefully we will get that monkey off our back.

AggieJohn
11-03-2003, 03:23 PM
that still can chap someones hide that liberty will get no love in the polls....okay yeah marlin played some studlly 4a teams but still there not worthy of top ten status still...their etching by their knees to get into playoffs

crzyjournalist03
11-03-2003, 03:34 PM
I personally have never liked computer polls...they can mess up the BCS in college, but other than that, they have no use whatsoever.

St. Ivender
11-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Polls are only there to give people bragging rights. The only poll that nmatters is who is putting their State Championship banner up the flag "pole" when the kids get back from Christmas vacation.
Newton won 56-7 this week but didn't cover the C-S spread so they dropped 2 spaces. This is all well and good though. I don't think it likely they will sneak up on anyone but you never know.

MARLINFAN
11-03-2003, 11:25 PM
WHAT DO U MEAN ECHINING BY OUR KNEES. I dont see any buldogs on knees from the square