PDA

View Full Version : Punched Jeff Fischer

Bone Pile
11-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Who was the guy that punched Jeff Fischer on national TV when he was still with the oilers?

95mustang
11-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Who was the guy that punched Jeff Fischer on national TV when he was still with the oilers?

Buddy Ryan.

RoyceTTU
11-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile

buddy ryan i believe.

RoyceTTU
11-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Buddy Ryan.

jinx you owe me a coke :D :D :D

Silverback 04
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I believe you are talking about Buddy Ryan (DC) punching Kevin Gilbride (OC). I can't remeber another punching on the sidline other than that.

Ernest T Bass
11-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
I believe you are talking about Buddy Ryan (DC) punching Kevin Gilbride (OC). I can't remeber another punching on the sidline other than that.

That's the one!

SintonPirateFan
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah that was great. Was fisher the coach then or was it still jack pardee?

Bone Pile
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys. I do believe it was Gilbride.
Brain needs a grease job.

Maroon87
11-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
Yeah that was great. Was fisher the coach then or was it still jack pardee?

Pardee

RoyceTTU
11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
okay, i was wrong, thats what I get for going off the top of my head.

here is the video. pretty funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Sorry. Here is a shorter version Ryan punches Gilbride (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tbRv9_IWlU&feature=related) Good Stuff!

FbCoachB40
11-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I WAS AT THAT GAME!!! HAH!!

All we saw was a comotion...we didn't know what happened until we got in the car, and heard it on the radio.

turbostud
11-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Wasnt much of a punch.

BwdLions
11-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Wasnt much of a punch.

He wasn't much of a coach either.

coach
11-15-2010, 05:49 PM
buddy ryan was a sorry piece of crap

griff
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by coach

You are right about that. Great defensive coach, but a sorry individual and a failure as a head coach. Ryan was frustrated with Gilbride for running his "3rd down offense" (Ryan's reference to the run-and-shoot) and causing the defense to be on the field too much. I remember seeing an interview with Gilbride the week after this happened. Gilbride asked Ryan at a practice that week if he wanted to go out and "settle" the matter like men. Ryan declined. Gilbride was a younger and larger man. He would've beat the crap out of the old man. Also, Ryan had a deep jealousy for the Dallas Cowboys. Remember the year when Buddy was HC of Philadelphia and he faked a kneel down at the end of a game? There were only seconds left and the Eagles were going to win against the Cowboys, but that wasn't good enough. He had Randall Cunningham fake a kneel down and throw a Hail Mary for a TD. Tom Landry walked off the field and would not shake Ryan's hand. Ryan was a jerk.

wimbo_pro
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Those were the days, eh?

bigwood33
11-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by coach
And a former Gainesville Leopards coach, at that!
There's the 3A tie in that most of you didn't expect!

The Cunningham fake kneel down was Buddy's retaliation for the "Scab" games. When the players went on strike, the Cowboys had several players cross the picket line, including Randy White and Tony Dorsett. Of course, most of the players were of the replacement variety, they still "donkey stomped" the Iggles and Buddy stayed pissed about it for the remainder of his career. He also put a bounty on Cowboys kickers. He would pay guys if they got a big hit on a kicker and even a bigger bonus if he (kicker) were knocked out of the game. The league fined him for that and he eventually stopped that BS.

griff
11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
And a former Gainesville Leopards coach, at that!
There's the 3A tie in that most of you didn't expect!

The Cunningham fake kneel down was Buddy's retaliation for the "Scab" games. When the players went on strike, the Cowboys had several players cross the picket line, including Randy White and Tony Dorsett. Of course, most of the players were of the replacement variety, they still "donkey stomped" the Iggles and Buddy stayed pissed about it for the remainder of his career. He also put a bounty on Cowboys kickers. He would pay guys if they got a big hit on a kicker and even a bigger bonus if he (kicker) were knocked out of the game. The league fined him for that and he eventually stopped that BS.

Even without the "scab" episode, I think Buddy just had a personal hatred for the Cowboys because of their tradition and success. I'm glad you reminded me about the bounty on kickers. A friend of mine was the Cowboys "scab" punter (he played at Baylor) during that time. I'll have to ask him if he was ever a target of this.

bigwood33
11-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I hated the use of the word scab. Those guys were living a DREAM! (even if it was temporary)

95mustang
11-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I hated the use of the word scab. Those guys were living a DREAM! (even if it was temporary)

....and if it were to happen again there will be 1000's of people lined up to do it again.