PDA

View Full Version : Argyle vs Prosper

firstdown
11-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Battle of the eagles. Second meeting for the teams this year. Argyle won the first earlier in the season 41-17. Has Prosper made enough progress, are the natives still restless in Collin County.

I think Argyle wins 41-24.

RPF2666
11-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Is Argyle full strength?

If so, I like them.

Prosper has improved though, so it could be fun...

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Gotta go with Argyle but in a closer game this time. I think Prosper has gotten their act together just in time for the playoffs. If the ball bounces their way it could be a toss up kinda like the Bridgeport Prosper game earlier this year.

firstdown
11-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Is Argyle full strength?

If so, I like them.

Prosper has improved though, so it could be fun...

We are as healthy as can be expected. No significant injuries. Just the usual bangs and bruises.

OldNavy
11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
I will go with Argyle. Prosper has a decent D, but their O was only able to put 28 points on a 3 and 8 Ranchview. Don't think that will be goodenough against the Argyle balance on O and D. It might be a closer game, but Argyle is too strong in my opinion.
If Prosper has improved, then so has Ranchview. Prosper beat them by a margin of 28 and this time the margin was only 22. If Argyle improved any at all I don't see this being any closer for Prosper.

Eagle2
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Prosper has definitely improved in all phases of the game but i'm not sure it will be enough this week. I'd love t osee us pull it out but we'd have to play our best game of the year as Argyle is no joke. Best of luck to both teams and safe travels. Has anyone been to the new Little Elm facility? Is it as nice on the inside as it looks on the outside? I know I was at Celina/Sanger Friday and I love that stadium!

OldNavy
11-15-2010, 10:05 AM
My impression was that the visitor's side was way back from the field. I didn't like that. Otherwise it is a very nice facility.

bowleghorses
11-15-2010, 11:49 AM
I got to watch the CR game this past week and even though I think Prosper is better, they do not seem to play with any sense of ergency. Lackluster...no fire...boring. You can see the talent there but they don't play every down like in the last two years. I wish they would come out and play smash mouth from start to finish and see what would happen.:thumbsup:

Eagle2
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I would agree with that. It has some to do with their sr leadership and a lot t odo with their coaches getting them motivated which in my opinion is done poorly. They have talent, a lot of it in their underclass guys. I think they'll be much imporved with player leadership over the next few years for sure but don't count them out Friday night.

bowleghorses
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
I was watching online friday and actually saw my brother way over by the goal line still trying to motivate them but I guess it's not the same if your not coaching.:(

defense51
11-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Argyle shows why they're a top 10 team in this one, Argyle 42- Prosper 10.

lostaussie
11-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Defending State champs on the horizon!!!

Keith7
11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Prosper by 21

Gsquared
11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Defending State champs on the horizon!!!
Wait, Van didnt win it all last year did they? :D

lostaussie
11-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Wait, Van didnt win it all last year did they? :D Nor will they win this saturday:foul:

Gsquared
11-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Nor will they win this saturday:foul:
Hahahaha, think ill be in Tyler for that one. You bringin the suds for the tailgate party?

lostaussie
11-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Hahahaha, think ill be in Tyler for that one. You bringin the suds for the tailgate party? Nope, I got a date with a deer:D I need to hurry up and kill before the next weekend!!

Gsquared
11-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Nope, I got a date with a deer:D I need to hurry up and kill before the next weekend!!
Well crap, you were my Gilmer beer connection! Hope you get lucky and get some action with that deer. Just make sure you are the giver cuz that would be painful..... nevermind. Thank gawd you aint gotta date with a Bull or a horse or mustang.

lostaussie
11-15-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm looking for a Friday night or Saturday game in Quanah:D Also gonna stop in IP and check on those boys. I bet they still po'ed!!

Pawdaddy
11-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Aussie, you are getting as bad as your neighbor across the road. Shoot a deer. Shoot a bird. Shoot off your mouth. Come on to the ball game and give it a rest. I will cook you two or three farm raised, milk fed, T-Bones or Club steaks (your choice) if you bring the N4SIR with you! Then we can hook up and go watch Gilmer beat Carthage here in a couple of weeks. These people that want to overlook the District of Doom are going to be looking like a Goggle-eye perch out of Lilly Lake here in a few days! What u say?

bowleghorses
11-16-2010, 09:14 AM
:hijacktd: :hijacktd: :hijacktd:

lostaussie
11-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
:hijacktd: :hijacktd: :hijacktd: Go EAGLES!!!:D

PEagleFan2010
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Eagle2
I would agree with that. It has some to do with their sr leadership and a lot t odo with their coaches getting them motivated which in my opinion is done poorly. They have talent, a lot of it in their underclass guys. I think they'll be much imporved with player leadership over the next few years for sure but don't count them out Friday night.

I think it is interesting that you believe the Sr Leadership has anything to do with it. I think you need to look at the "attitudes" of some of the underclassmen who have no respect for the other players or the coaches. As well as the coaches who let unbelievable things go on in and out of locker room. Numerous exceptions being made for special players and two sets of rules..one for the chosen ones and one for the rest of team. I have been to every PHS varsity game for the last 5 years and I would definetely agree that there is very little "team", but look at a couple of the selfish players and you will find your answer there. There is alot of talent on the team, but I fear if their heads swell up much more there will be an explosion before they can show their talents.

Old LB
11-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by PEagleFan2010
I think it is interesting that you believe the Sr Leadership has anything to do with it. I think you need to look at the "attitudes" of some of the underclassmen who have no respect for the other players or the coaches. As well as the coaches who let unbelievable things go on in and out of locker room. Numerous exceptions being made for special players and two sets of rules..one for the chosen ones and one for the rest of team. I have been to every PHS varsity game for the last 5 years and I would definetely agree that there is very little "team", but look at a couple of the selfish players and you will find your answer there. There is alot of talent on the team, but I fear if their heads swell up much more there will be an explosion before they can show their talents.

Houston, we have a problem. Argyle wins.

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Houston, we have a problem. Argyle wins.
Sounds like it, however Harris has them picked as 20 pt underdogs, I don't see that with recent form.

firstdown
11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Say MID what form are you referring too?

buckeyebob
11-17-2010, 04:42 PM
We're back...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy110.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Say MID what form are you referring too?
Referring to Prosper's, with Juan Williams back at full strength and rumored mid season grumbling/ discontent etc behind them. I bet you though I was somehow trying to make an Argyle-Sanger-Celina connection ;)
I've got Argyle, just not by 20...

firstdown
11-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Referring to Prosper's, with Juan Williams back at full strength and rumored mid season grumbling/ discontent etc behind them. I bet you though I was somehow trying to make an Argyle-Sanger-Celina connection ;)
I've got Argyle, just not by 20...

Okie dokie you got me. I have to agree I think it's probably a 14 point game with us on the plus end. It's hard to beat any team by 20+ twice in a year. Good luck this week with LL.

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Okie dokie you got me. I have to agree I think it's probably a 14 point game with us on the plus end. It's hard to beat any team by 20+ twice in a year. Good luck this week with LL.
Cheers, we'll need a little of that, and a lot good execution with no turnovers.

Black Swarm
11-17-2010, 06:23 PM
I was told Juan was being used in a slot position at beginning of season.
I believe he is now being used as a true running back.
The eagles showed some vulnerability against Sanger.
Prosper is improved but I will take
Argyle for the win.

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Black Swarm
Argyle for the win.
Yeah, I don't know what was up with that, I believe he caught 1 pass all last year, seriously.

PEagleFan2010
11-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Black Swarm
Argyle for the win.

You really need to ask what's up with that?? Their offense this year was tailored for the move in qb. Juan was in the way all season. Prosper now has a rb playing qb and it is just too bad for everyone else. How many carries did Juan have against Argyle? Interesting when your qb (who played 1/2 games first half of season) has 50 more carries than your First Team All State running back. Get used to it Prosper, that is your future.