PDA

View Full Version : Rocket???

Old LB
11-15-2010, 12:46 AM
While Rocket may bring entertainment to the downlow, I feel it is time to squash the ideal that he represents Brownwood. I have recently joined this forum and certianly enjoy the passion represented here. I am a fan of sports in general and Lions athletics for sure. Please do not judge Brownwood based on Rocket's post here. State championships are earned on the field by great team efforts. My hope is that we display the passion and effort in 2010, if notthen it wasn't earned. Rocket, I know you are passionate, but you do an injustice to your team and town with your tone. Good luck to all in the pusuit of being crowned champion. The journey is brutual and those that acheive it deserve great respect. GO LIONS!

Snyder_TigerFan
11-15-2010, 07:29 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 07:31 AM
:1popcorn:

garciap77
11-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
While Rocket may bring entertainment to the downlow, I feel it is time to squash the ideal that he represents Brownwood. I have recently joined this forum and certianly enjoy the passion represented here. I am a fan of sports in general and Lions athletics for sure. Please do not judge Brownwood based on Rocket's post here. State championships are earned on the field by great team efforts. My hope is that we display the passion and effort in 2010, if notthen it wasn't earned. Rocket, I know you are passionate, but you do an injustice to your team and town with your tone. Good luck to all in the pusuit of being crowned champion. The journey is brutual and those that acheive it deserve great respect. GO LIONS!

Go Lions!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

rykerx144
11-15-2010, 07:36 AM

Finally! Thanks Old LB for the post! I couldnt agree more. This is two sided also. I hope the Brownwood fans know that everyone knows they have a very talented team this year and should go all the way. Many of the comments I have made were made taking shots at rocket and few of his buddies.

JJWalker
11-15-2010, 07:45 AM
If the Brownwood Lions can finish off this season undefeated, then I am going to give Rocket all the credit.

He has worked hard ... gotten his popcorn ready (in good ol' Terrell Owens fashion) ... and has done what it takes to win the championship here on the board.

:clap: :clap: ... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old&Crusty
11-15-2010, 07:46 AM

We know Rocket does not represent all of Brownwood.

hookandladder
11-15-2010, 08:13 AM

I have read many of his post on here this board and have decided not to go there, I am pretty sure most everyone on this board knows how good Brownwood is this year however if they were to stumble and lose Rocket would bring some unwanted comments toward Brownwood football. As the saying goes, Act like you have been there. Good Luck to the Loins.

BILLYFRED0000
11-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Personally I find rocket amusing. And enjoyable. Yes he is a little "out there" with some of his comments but a great fan usually is. In another thread bobcat fans have tried to explain the faith in the system, and conviction of that faith to the uniniated and it has brought some of the same kind of ferver to their comments. It never hurts to be proud and loud as long as you don't cross the personal attack line IMHO.

GrTigers6
11-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Fan support is what this board is all about. So it doesnt matter what claims someone does or doesnt make. Its about supporting your team and having a little fun with your downlow buddies in the process.:D

firstdown
11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Rocket is the best fisherman I have had the pleasure to watch in action since Jimmy Houston. :D

poisoned10
11-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Rocket is 'over the top', 'out there' and 'annoying.'

But he is a HUGE fan and I don't hold it against him. Just as long as he is just as loud at the games as he is here on the boards, I'm fine with him being all of the above.

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 09:30 AM
If this board was all about having serious football discussions then Rocket wouldn't fit. But because it is not is why he does fit. Like him or not he supports his team even if he is a %&^%&%*^ sometimes.:p Bow to Garcia Rocket. He owns you. And the Fantastic Orange of Celina is your favorite color, admit it!:cool:

OldBison75
11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Rocket is a fan with great passion and loves to fling the bait out on this board and see which hungry fish gets snagged. Many don't remember the times that he gives cudos to individual players he has seen on other teams because so much of what he says is chum for the Brownwood opponents and possible opponents. I do agree that he sometimes becomes too personal with name calling, but that goes both ways too. I guarantee you that he takes as many insults as he gives.

The Rocket will still be talking trash no matter if his Lions win the championship or not. If they don't, we will have to hear about them beating themselves. Rocket is not nearly the best fan the Brownwood Lions have and is certainly not the voice of Brownwood football--but he could be the "loudest" fan in this forum that allows you to poke out your chest and not worry about somebody crushing your ribs.

Eagle 1
11-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I told you Rocket, not all people in Brownwood appreciate your arrogance or how you represent Brownwood.
Maybe some of your cronies on here do, but a lot fans from Brownwood don't.

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM
I know Rocket can be over the top.. A LOT!! And his condescending attitude makes me wanna smack him upside the head sometimes.....but all in all, he's good people! I have met him on several occasions and I like him!!

I have to give him this though, he is insulted a whole bunch on this board and takes it better than anyone I have ever seen. Love him or hate him, he certainly adds some interesting chatter to this forum.

Black_Magic
ROCKET = •Ostracism-(Εξωστρακισμός) was a procedure under the Athenian democracy in which any citizen could be expelled from the city-state of Athens for ten years. While some instances clearly expressed popular anger at the victim, ostracism was often used preemptively. ...

Daddy D 11
Originally posted by firstdown
Rocket is the best fisherman I have had the pleasure to watch in action since Jimmy Houston. :D

I bet I could give him a serious run for his money lol

Tin Cup
11-15-2010, 09:41 AM
If you take what is said on a message board to heart, you are the one with a problem.

Rocket says my team is better than yours no matter what. Who cares?!?

Threads like this means he is winning!!!

SintonPirateFan
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by firstdown

Gotta agree with this one. Bill dance aint got nothin on rocket. Who else can turn a thread about girls golf in the rio grande valley into a heated debate about bwood football? He takes his lumps when they lose. Threads like this just show how effective he is. You guys fall right into his hands. Suckerrrrrrrrrrs!!!! :)

Rocket
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM

Unfortunately, most will not agree with you. I understand the fine line between class and humility, and I have said on many occasions that sometimes I do cross the line. But one man's opinion is not the representation of a team. I am on here to make sure Brownwood does get credit and if they do not, I will go to battle for them. Simple as that...

I know I could be a big butt slapper on here and say good job and everybody is good and so on and so on... but I just state my opinions. Like Tin Cup said, if you take what is said on a messageboard to heart, then you are the one with the bigger problem. Go check out a pep rally this Friday, I am sure more harsh things will be said about the opposing teams than I say. All I am doing is bringing the pep rally to the board and then just talking some smack.

Some people like yourself are from the old school. You don't see this for what it is. It is fun. Like RM said, I have taken as much as I have given and I don't usually let it get personal as far as that goes...I am a good sport. And I eat my crow.

It is funny to talk to some of the coaches from Brownwood about the Downlow. They usually just laugh about me and my hijinx, they don't shun me and ask me to represent them better. If Bob Shipley contacted me and told me to tone it down, I would in a second, but I think this silly board is the last thing on their mind. The players also love to read the responses to us Brownwood posters, it fires them up, because usually it is the haters that are disrespecting the Lions to spite us. Which is silly.

Facts: I have never seen Celina play. I just like to mess with them. bobcat1 is the same with me. It is all in fun.

Old LB, I guarantee you I have done more for the Brownwood Lion program than most and I love them. Represent them? No, I never signed up for that and I do not agree that a messageboard poster is somebody that should do that. Coaches on the other hand are a different story.

Eagle1A... I think you are in the minority along with all these other people that are tired of me and once again (for the 100th time) I DO NOT CARE. ;)

Take all of this for what it is...One poster, several opinions, mixing it up, and talking smack. Quit crying about me. You act like I am an elected official. I am not. I am a fan. That is it.

RoyceTTU
11-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Unfortunately, most will not agree with you. I understand the fine line between class and humility, and I have said on many occasions that sometimes I do cross the line. But one man's opinion is not the representation of a team. I am on here to make sure Brownwood does get credit and if they do not, I will go to battle for them. Simple as that...

I know I could be a big butt slapper on here and say good job and everybody is good and so on and so on... but I just state my opinions. Like Tin Cup said, if you take what is said on a messageboard to heart, then you are the one with the bigger problem. Go check out a pep rally this Friday, I am sure more harsh things will be said about the opposing teams than I say. All I am doing is bringing the pep rally to the board and then just talking some smack.

Some people like yourself are from the old school. You don't see this for what it is. It is fun. Like RM said, I have taken as much as I have given and I don't usually let it get personal as far as that goes...I am a good sport. And I eat my crow.

It is funny to talk to some of the coaches from Brownwood about the Downlow. They usually just laugh about me and my hijinx, they don't shun me and ask me to represent them better. If Bob Shipley contacted me and told me to tone it down, I would in a second, but I think this silly board is the last thing on their mind. The players also love to read the responses to us Brownwood posters, it fires them up, because usually it is THEM that are disrespecting the Lions to spite us. Which is silly.

Facts: I have never seen Celina play. I just like to mess with them. bobcat1 is the same with me. It is all in fun.

Old LB, I guarantee you I have done more for the Brownwood Lion program than most and I love them. Represent them? No, I never signed up for that and I do not agree that a messageboard poster is somebody that should do that. Coaches on the other hand are a different story.

Eagle1A... I think you are in the minority along with all these other people that are tired of me and once again (for the 100th time) I DO NOT CARE. ;)

Take all of this for what it is...One poster, several opinions, mixing it up, and talking smack. Quit crying about me. You act like I am an elected official. I am not. I am a fan. That is it.

Rocket,
I support you and agree that to each is own. Keep it up bud. LB dosn't speak for all of the BW posters.

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Just for fun, I googled "Rocket is". Here are some of the results:

Rocket is a mobile...missile.

Rocket is ready to launch.

Rocket is poised to shoot into space.

Rocket is in a different orbit.

North Koreans threaten war if Rocket is shot down.

Rocket is a throwback to less enlightened times.

Rocket is set to take flight.

Rocket is a colorful puzzle.

Rocket is put to the test.

Substitute "Brownwood" for North Koreans, and I'd say that pretty well sums him up. LOL.

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan

Substitute "Brownwood" for North Koreans, and I'd say that pretty well sums him up. LOL. So you are saying that if Rocket and the Lions fall, that the Koreans will wage war???:eek:

LionFan72
11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Rocket, you know you are the #2 fan for the Lions! Nobody can take Joe Bob's place. Nothing wrong with stating one's opinion, last time I checked this is still a free country. Sic'em! I get a lot of laughs out of the banter. Keep on keeping on!

And a day or few late, but YOU CAN THANK A VETERAN FOR THAT PRIVILEDGE!

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
So you are saying that if Rocket and the Lions fall, that the Koreans will wage war???:eek:

No, I said to substitute Brownwood for North Korea. Clearly your reading skills could use some work! Where did you go to school, anyway?? :( :doh:

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 11:21 AM

It is funny to talk to some of the coaches from Brownwood about the Downlow. They usually just laugh about me and my hijinx, they don't shun me and ask me to represent them better. If Bob Shipley contacted me and told me to tone it down, I would in a second, but I think this silly board is the last thing on their mind. The players also love to read the responses to us Brownwood posters, it fires them up, because usually it is the haters that are disrespecting the Lions to spite us. Which is silly.

As I have said before..I love your posts..BUT I do think you hide behind the it is all in fun mantra while at times being really unclassy not to fans, but to the actual schools, kids and coaches.

But I would rather someone like you be here than not be here

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 11:22 AM
No, I said to substitute Brownwood for North Korea. Clearly your reading skills could use some work! Where did you go to school, anyway?? :( :doh:

I thought he was just attempting to make a joke....I guess I don't "read" people as well as I thought!!!:doh:

Eagle 1
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
As I have said before..I love your posts..BUT I do think you hide behind the it is all in fun mantra while at times being really unclassy not to fans, but to the actual schools, kids and coaches.

He does. ;)

BwdLion73
11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Rocket,
I support you and agree that to each is own. Keep it up bud. LB dosn't speak for all of the BW posters.

No one speaks for all Brownwood Posters. He said Rocket brings entertainment. He has a right to his opinion. If you know who your smack talking to it can be fun. I'm glad old LB put in his two cents and agree that we are not all rah rah posters but still support our team. :thinking:

95mustang
Originally posted by LionFan72
Rocket, you know you are the #2 fan for the Lions! Nobody can take Joe Bob's place. Nothing wrong with stating one's opinion, last time I checked this is still a free country. Sic'em! I get a lot of laughs out of the banter. Keep on keeping on!

And a day or few late, but YOU CAN THANK A VETERAN FOR THAT PRIVILEDGE!

What about Kenneth G.? He is the #1 Brownwood Fan! ;)

NateDawg39
No, I said to substitute Brownwood for North Korea. Clearly your reading skills could use some work! Where did you go to school, anyway?? :( :doh: I know what you said!! It was a joke captain obvious! :mad:

Clearly you can't read my mind , sheesh, where did YOU go to school :p

Rocket
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

But I would rather someone like you be here than not be here

I can and will do better in this area. Some of the shots I have taken at people on here were pretty harsh and it wasn't all in fun. No doubt. haha

And class is purely subjective... not going for the classy poster of the downlow award.

DDBooger
11-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I thought he was just attempting to make a joke....I guess I don't "read" people as well as I thought!!!:doh: someone lit her fuse :devil:

DDBooger
11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I can and will do better in this area. Lots of people accuse you of being classless while being classless in their responses to you. It goes round and round. You are entertaining. :)

Don't sweat the haters lol

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 11:27 AM
I know what you said!! It was a joke captain obvious! :mad:

Clearly you can't read my mind , sheesh, where did YOU go to school :p

Oh cool!! So I did "read" you correctly!!

Whew!! I thought I was losing my touch!!:p

NateDawg39
I thought he was just attempting to make a joke....I guess I don't "read" people as well as I thought!!!:doh: I did make a joke....some people just can not read common sense :devil:

Ranger Mom
I did make a joke....some people just can not read common sense :devil:

It made me laugh and then shake my head!!:p

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
I can and will do better in this area. Some of the shots I have taken at people on here were pretty harsh and it wasn't all in fun. No doubt. haha

And class is purely subjective... not going for the classy poster of the downlow award. I personally like having Rocket around...

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 11:31 AM

And class is purely subjective... not going for the classy poster of the downlow award. :clap: :clap: :clap:

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 11:32 AM
It made me laugh and then shake my head!!:p Oh good my goal for the day was to make someone laugh:nerd:

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Okay, so clearly when *I* am making a joke, I need to add a few dozen :D :D or ;) ;) at the end. Believe me when I say I would never EVER be serious with a response like I left earlier. This BullsFan doesn't play that way. ;):D ;) :D

(Just to make it explicit, I did not mean what I said and nobody has lit my fuse. Yet. ;):D)

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM

And class is purely subjective... not going for the classy poster of the downlow award.

You bring a little...er..."color" to the DL, Rocket. Wouldn't be the same without you.

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Okay, so clearly when *I* am making a joke, I need to add a few dozen :D or ;) at the end. Believe me when I say I would never EVER be serious with a response like I left earlier. This BullsFan doesn't play that way. ;):D ;) :D

That is probably truer than you realize....my favorite for times such as these is :p .

Now that you mention it....it is amazing how many "arguments" have started on here that would have been avoided had some well placed smilies been used!!!

We are a sensitive bunch of people around here!!!:D

LOL!! I had to take out some of the smilies in your quote, because there wasn't enough room for mine!!:)

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
That is probably truer than you realize....my favorite for times such as these is :p .

Now that you mention it....it is amazing how many "arguments" have started on here that would have been avoided had some well placed smilies been used!!!

We are a sensitive bunch of people around here!!!:D

LOL!! I had to take out some of the smilies in your quote, because there wasn't enough room for mine!!:)

LOL! Nate NEVER uses those kinds of smilies, so I was responding in kind. I don't think I've ever seen so much as an LOL out of him. I guess he can dish it out, but....

Oh, and :D :D. Plus ;)!

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 12:00 PM
LOL! Nate NEVER uses those kinds of smilies, so I was responding in kind. I don't think I've ever seen so much as an LOL out of him. I guess he can dish it out, but....

Oh, and :D :D. Plus ;)! I always use :D

I just did not this time :(

SO :tongue:

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 12:06 PM
I always use :D

I just did not this time :(

SO :tongue:

Oh, please! You so do not!! And even if you do (because I am far too lazy to check), your sig alone could be cause for the aforementioned fuse-lighting. It's a good thing I have a mostly intact sense of humor. Now, since there is no "angel" smilie that I can see to use for myself, I'm going to use this one: :catredx: because it is cute and has a kitten on it.

:catredx::catredx::catredx:

rykerx144
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Rocket is my new found friend. I enjoy some smack!! I might not be as loud as rocket but Im just as hard headed. Yall havent heard the last of me!! LOL

ps. who ever wins reg 3 wins it all!!

pss I hate smiley!!

wimbo_pro
11-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I know Rocket can be over the top.. A LOT!! And his condescending attitude makes me wanna smack him upside the head sometimes.....but all in all, he's good people! I have met him on several occasions and I like him!!

I have to give him this though, he is insulted a whole bunch on this board and takes it better than anyone I have ever seen. Love him or hate him, he certainly adds some interesting chatter to this forum.

Well said, RM. I have never met him, but I like him too. Yes, I rag on him pretty good, but he does the same. We all know that no one person or personality represents a team or a town. He's ok in my book.

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Oh, please! You so do not!! And even if you do (because I am far too lazy to check), your sig alone could be cause for the aforementioned fuse-lighting. It's a good thing I have a mostly intact sense of humor. Now, since there is no "angel" smilie that I can see to use for myself, I'm going to use this one: :catredx: because it is cute and has a kitten on it.

:taunt:

Bullaholic
11-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Nate, do your handlers know you broke into the computer room again? :D

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Here ya go!!

http://images.zaazu.com/img/download-angels-smileys-guardian-angels-angels-male-smiley-angel-smiley-emoticon-000076-large.gif

injuredinmelee
11-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I appreciate that someone would come on here and seperate them selves from the false bravado the poster you mentioned oozes. In the past I was always a closet Lion fan then yall dropped and that other little guy joined and soured it all for me.

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Here ya go!!

http://images.zaazu.com/img/download-angels-smileys-guardian-angels-angels-male-smiley-angel-smiley-emoticon-000076-large.gif

Thanks!! I need that one in my sig!!! It's practically an image of me...

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM
:taunt:

:hand:

garciap77
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
If this board was all about having serious football discussions then Rocket wouldn't fit. But because it is not is why he does fit. Like him or not he supports his team even if he is a %&^%&%*^ sometimes.:p Bow to Garcia Rocket. He owns you. And the Fantastic Orange of Celina is your favorite color, admit it!:cool:

Thanks!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketsShirt-3.gif

;)

Rocket
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I appreciate that someone would come on here and seperate them selves from the false bravado the poster you mentioned oozes. In the past I was always a closet Lion fan then y'all dropped and that other little guy joined and soured it all for me.

You poor guy... sad when somebody just decides to not like somebody. I reached out to you last year with our wager and you never even acknowledged it. You are the one that wants to hold on to the hate.... and that is fine with me.

garciap77
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
ROCKET = •Ostracism-(Εξωστρακισμός) was a procedure under the Athenian democracy in which any citizen could be expelled from the city-state of Athens for ten years. While some instances clearly expressed popular anger at the victim, ostracism was often used preemptively. ...

:thinking:

Is that the reason he works in HOBBS, New Mexico!:D

;)

garciap77
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Rocket is a fan with great passion and loves to fling the bait out on this board and see which hungry fish gets snagged. Many don't remember the times that he gives cudos to individual players he has seen on other teams because so much of what he says is chum for the Brownwood opponents and possible opponents. I do agree that he sometimes becomes too personal with name calling, but that goes both ways too. I guarantee you that he takes as many insults as he gives.

The Rocket will still be talking trash no matter if his Lions win the championship or not. If they don't, we will have to hear about them beating themselves. Rocket is not nearly the best fan the Brownwood Lions have and is certainly not the voice of Brownwood football--but he could be the "loudest" fan in this forum that allows you to poke out your chest and not worry about somebody crushing your ribs.

:iagree:

LionFan72
11-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
What about Kenneth G.? He is the #1 Brownwood Fan! ;)

Dang it, sorry Kenny. My fingers often works faster than my brain! Could be said for many on here!

garciap77
11-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144
Rocket is my new found friend. I enjoy some smack!! I might not be as loud as rocket but Im just as hard headed. Yall havent heard the last of me!! LOL

ps. who ever wins reg 3 wins it all!!

pss I hate smiley!!

You and Rocket might have more in Common than you think!:D

I did a little research and have some ..........:D

nm:D

;)

Old LB
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM

Dude I am not mad at you, you are kinda like that little brother that mom makes you take with you everywhere. Just as long as everybody doesn't think we are together it's all good. I understand the concept of the board and am good with it. Do what you do, just remember you do represent the maroon and white.

Inmateboss
11-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

I know Monahans would vote for you!!!:eek: :eek: :clap:

Inmateboss
11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
Gotta agree with this one. Bill dance aint got nothin on rocket. Who else can turn a thread about girls golf in the rio grande valley into a heated debate about bwood football? He takes his lumps when they lose. Threads like this just show how effective he is. You guys fall right into his hands. Suckerrrrrrrrrrs!!!! :)

AMEN Brother... and the truth shall set you free!!!:clap: :clap:

Rocket
11-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Dude I am not mad at you, you are kinda like that little brother that mom makes you take with you everywhere. Just as long as everybody doesn't think we are together it's all good. I understand the concept of the board and am good with it. Do what you do, just remember you do represent the maroon and white.

I am not mad either. Go back and read this thread...I am who I am and most people get it. I have some that hate me. Ok with me...they just don't get it.

How dare I believe we are going to win and post accordingly? You do you and I will do me. (gangsta talk)

Rocket
11-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I told you Rocket, not all people in Brownwood appreciate your arrogance or how you represent Brownwood.
Maybe some of your cronies on here do, but a lot fans from Brownwood don't.

Since when do ALL people agree on anything? LOL

Rocket
11-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

I have a feeling before long you and your unnamed buddy will get a true does of what that word means...

Rocket
11-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Why does the Apprentice always want to defeat the Master?

lionbacker
11-15-2010, 09:17 PM
I am a very big lion fan, but i hope that the brownwood football team does not read 3a downlow.If they are reading this then they are already getting ring sizes!We are good, very good but we have not won nothing yet. Brownwood fans do not need to get on here talking crap let the lions do it on the field

Inmateboss
11-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Rocket may well be the Howard Stern of the Downlow! Some hate him but he has a large following. Even haters log on to see what has been posted today!! I have never met the man and have only seen pictures of him when Garcia is up and running! He Ticked me off many times last year and I felt he was picking on Graham or just didn't like us! That was my first year on here and it took awhile to understand him and where his passion lies!! Rocket supports the Lions if they win or lose, if they were 1-9 it would be because they were disgusted with the competition and will wait till next year when we can get some real teams that will make them want to play hard!!! Thats just plain ol support for his team! This year he has a winner and I just have to say -Run little Buddy Run, wave that flag, honk that horn, support your team!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Rocket
11-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by lionbacker
I am a very big lion fan, but i hope that the brownwood football team does not read 3a downlow.If they are reading this then they are already getting ring sizes!We are good, very good but we have not won nothing yet. Brownwood fans do not need to get on here talking crap let the lions do it on the field

The coaches take care of that...it is their job to keep the kids grounded and playing well and so far, so good. Brownwood hasn't played down to any team yet, and they domin8 and take care of business every time they step on the field.

The save the date T-Shirts they are selling to raise money for project graduation is just as dangerous... The coaches know the situation with cockiness and are handling it nicely. We have some good players on this year's team. They know what they have to do.

Inmateboss
11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Why does the Apprentice always want to defeat the Master?

:eek: :eek: LOL

snaxet
11-15-2010, 09:44 PM

Substitute "Brownwood" for North Koreans, and I'd say that pretty well sums him up. LOL.

Rocket could explode before it reaches its target.

Substitute "Brownwood" for Rocket and that pretty well covers all the options.

bp80884
11-15-2010, 09:57 PM

I have only gotten to know Rocket over this football season and for the most part he is ok. I will be interested how he is when Brownwood doesn't have the best team in 3a suiting up every week.

I do like his passion. We have all seen Friday Night lights. Maybe Rocket is having flash backs to his Odessa Permian days in the 80s when his great grand son played for them.

In 3 years, when China Spring has a more dominating team that the 2010 Lions, I will be the New Rocket. Until then, I will just make fun of him.

DDBooger
11-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
I have only gotten to know Rocket over this football season and for the most part he is ok. I will be interested how he is when Brownwood doesn't have the best team in 3a suiting up every week.

In 3 years, when China Spring has a more dominating team that the 2010 Lions, I will be the New Rocket. Until then, I will just make fun of him. He hung around the season they went 3-7. I don't see why he'd leave in the future.

garciap77
11-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Rocket may well be the Howard Stern of the Downlow! Some hate him but he has a large following. Even haters log on to see what has been posted today!! I have never met the man and have only seen pictures of him when Garcia is up and running! He Ticked me off many times last year and I felt he was picking on Graham or just didn't like us! That was my first year on here and it took awhile to understand him and where his passion lies!! Rocket supports the Lions if they win or lose, if they were 1-9 it would be because they were disgusted with the competition and will wait till next year when we can get some real teams that will make them want to play hard!!! Thats just plain ol support for his team! This year he has a winner and I just have to say -Run little Buddy Run, wave that flag, honk that horn, support your team!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/kissass.gif

:D

;)

skins4life
11-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by bp80884

I do like his passion. We have all seen Friday Night lights. Maybe Rocket is having flash backs to his Odessa Permian days in the 80s when his great grand son played for them.

In 3 years, when China Spring has a more dominating team that the 2010 Lions, I will be the New Rocket. Until then, I will just make fun of him.

Have you seen the M&G pictures from the Snyder/Brownwood game? :confused: If you had, you could see he didn't have a great grand son that played in the '80's. :D funny post tho.

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
He hung around the season they went 3-7. I don't see why he'd leave in the future.

That was my thought!! He was as obnoxious back then as he is now!!

No offense Rocket! ;)

garciap77
11-15-2010, 10:33 PM
That was my thought!! He was as obnoxious back then as he is now!!

No offense Rocket! ;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory-1.jpg

He drop off the first year, becuase of eating to much crow(or because his boss would not let him post:D)! But, he came back strong the second year.:D I can't wait to see what happens if BW wins State!:)

garciap77
11-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Have you seen the M&G pictures from the Snyder/Brownwood game? :confused: If you had, you could see he didn't have a great grand son that played in the '80's. :D funny post tho.

:thinking:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketLady.jpg

Are you sure about that?:D

;)

Inmateboss
11-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/kissass.gif

;)

LOL thats not the First time I've heard that this week!!! :eek: Hey i'm over 800, need the count!!:D :D

BEAST
11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory-1.jpg

He drop off the first year, becuase of eating to much crow(or because his boss would not let him post:D)! But, he came back strong the second year.:D I can't wait to see what happens if BW wins State!:)

If/When we win state. The thread/ posts are already planned. Trust me, they are classic.

BEAST

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
If/When we win state. The thread/ posts are already planned. Trust me, they are classic.

BEAST

Dude, that is sooo tempting fate. Hope you didn't jinx anything!

garciap77
11-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
LOL thats not the First time I've heard that this week!!! :eek: Hey i'm over 800, need the count!!:D :D

garciap77
11-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

If you guys win state! I will make a nice chart for you guys!

Go Lions!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

hookandladder
11-17-2010, 07:25 AM

Just curious , has Rocket ever put the maroon and white on. Rocket, what is your background for all this knowledge of football. Just wondering, not saying you have to have played the game but with as much as you know about the Brownwood team just curious where all your knowledge comes from.

rykerx144
11-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Just curious , has Rocket ever put the maroon and white on. Rocket, what is your background for all this knowledge of football. Just wondering, not saying you have to have played the game but with as much as you know about the Brownwood team just curious where all your knowledge comes from.

Id be curous about that too. How does someone in Hobbs NM know so much about brownwood. :D

garciap77
11-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Id be curous about that too. How does someone in Hobbs NM know so much about brownwood. :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Eagle 1
11-17-2010, 09:18 AM

You will be suprised....:)

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Just curious , has Rocket ever put the maroon and white on. Rocket, what is your background for all this knowledge of football. Just wondering, not saying you have to have played the game but with as much as you know about the Brownwood team just curious where all your knowledge comes from. :1popcorn:

Louie13
11-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Reading skills Ryker
His signature says ROCKET, RODNEY DAVIS, CLASS OF 91

Maroon and White - that would be Brownwood Lions!:D

Rocket
11-17-2010, 11:30 AM

My dad coached football for 34 years. We moved to Brownwood in 1984 from Big Lake, where my dad was Head Coach for a few years. Gordon Wood hired him to coach girls volleyball and basketball. Dad started coaching football again in the mid 90's... And survived 3 staff changes. His last year to coach at Brownwood was last season. I have been watching Brownwood football for 26 years.

I never played football. Played basketball with the likes of 91 Lion. Went to HPU and got my degree in Education and coached at Brownwood for 4 years. I got to coach with some of Texas High School Football's current top head coaches and went to school with some great coaches as well... Steve Freeman (Breckenridge), Darren Allmann and Ted Willmann (Westlake), John Walsh and Mitch Stovall (Denton Guyer), was coached by Sam Harrell (Ennis), and was on a first name basis with Coach Wood and Randy Allen... and my dad is one of the best football minds I have ever been around. So yeah I know a little about and know some men that know a little about the game. Growing up and coaching at Brownwood always helps...

As far as me knowing about football, I am just a thinker and I talk Brownwood Football with some of the best football players to ever suit up for Brownwood (ie. BEAST, Hollywood, and so on)

Pendragon13
11-17-2010, 11:44 AM
meh..this board wouldn't be much fun to read/post on without people like Rocket. Also...keep in mind that there is/was several high school, D1-D2 college and NFL coaches who also never put on a helmet. I played for 7 years total, but realize there are non-players out there that are more passionate and knowledgeable about football than I am.

rykerx144
11-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Reading skills Ryker
His signature says ROCKET, RODNEY DAVIS, CLASS OF 91

Maroon and White - that would be Brownwood Lions!:D

Yes I can read! Thank you,,, that was directed at Rocket and he fully understood the meaning of that post but thanks for your input and concern!!

hookandladder
11-17-2010, 02:49 PM
My dad coached football for 34 years. We moved to Brownwood in 1984 from Big Lake, where my dad was Head Coach for a few years. Gordon Wood hired him to coach girls volleyball and basketball. Dad started coaching football again in the mid 90's... And survived 3 staff changes. His last year to coach at Brownwood was last season. I have been watching Brownwood football for 26 years.

I never played football. Played basketball with the likes of 91 Lion. Went to HPU and got my degree in Education and coached at Brownwood for 4 years. I got to coach with some of Texas High School Football's current top head coaches and went to school with some great coaches as well... Steve Freeman (Breckenridge), Darren Allmann and Ted Willmann (Westlake), John Walsh and Mitch Stovall (Denton Guyer), was coached by Sam Harrell (Ennis), and was on a first name basis with Coach Wood and Randy Allen... and my dad is one of the best football minds I have ever been around. So yeah I know a little about and know some men that know a little about the game. Growing up and coaching at Brownwood always helps...

As far as me knowing about football, I am just a thinker and I talk Brownwood Football with some of the best football players to ever suit up for Brownwood (ie. BEAST, Hollywood, and so on)

Sound like you have been around some very knowledgeable people, would most of those that you have been around come on a message board and talk as much crap about opposing teams. Normally not all the time most people who have either played or coached at a higher level are a little more humble and do not bragg about their accomplishments, To each his own.

Rocket
11-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Sound like you have been around some very knowledgeable people, would most of those that you have been around come on a message board and talk as much crap about opposing teams. Normally not all the time most people who have either played or coached at a higher level are a little more humble and do not bragg about their accomplishments, To each his own.

Most current coaches wouldn't..I agree. I am a fan, not a coach. There are some dumb*** coaches that do come on this board and try to talk smack and mix it up with fans. Which I agree, is very stupid.

I blur the lines between bragging and having fun. And you can see it how you like to see it. To each his own...