PDA

View Full Version : question for wo-s backers....

trojandad
11-15-2010, 12:21 AM
i sincerely hope this question isn't in bad taste (i've purposefully waited a while to ask) but i heard on the radio the night wo-s played k'ville about the very moving tribute the mustangs did as they lined up in formation without a qb, in reggie's honor.....i didn't get to see it as it happened....

does anyone happen to know if there are any still shots on the net of the play....or possibly video of it? i'd really appreciate being able to see that....it really sounds like a once in a lifetime experience......if not, thanks for checking.....:D

Mojado
11-15-2010, 10:39 AM
It happened and K'ville declined the penalty. I don't know of any pics or video.

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
It happened and K'ville declined the penalty. I don't know of any pics or video. Classy!

Crasher
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
thats awesome. I hadnt heard that

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Would love to see a picture of that. That is team unity at the finest.

pirate4state
11-15-2010, 01:26 PM
ttt

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Nice, there must be a picture out there somewhere. What a moment for those boys, the emotions they had to be going through.

Sweetwater Red
11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I would love to see it too.

I spent almost two hours searching for a pic or video a few weeks back. I searched several area tv channel and newspaper websites and nothing.

The game was televised. There was to be video out there some where.

rykerx144
11-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I have it on dvr with time warner but I guess that dont help you much does it! LOL

BaseballUmp
11-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Take a picture of it on your tv lol

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 04:37 PM
a picture would be good, but I bet to have been in the stadium at the time would be priceless.

trojandad
11-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
a picture would be good, but I bet to have been in the stadium at the time would be priceless.

just listening to the radio description as it happened raised the hair on my neck.....the crowd sounded like they slowly understood what was happening and the applause, and deep sadness, just grew.....

i just really miss that kid....if we're lucky enough to play wo-s again this year, i have to admit i don't look forward to playing them and NOT seeing his lanky style on the field.....our game last year with them was just the best, not because of the victory, but because of the personalities on both sides.....i'll never forget reggie coming out after we had scored and then pinned the mustangs back on their one yd line....so what does reggie do? just comes out and wings it 99 yards.....it was the best game, and his last playoff game in hindsight.....and i will miss that competitor a LOT..........

WOS1
11-16-2010, 01:40 AM
I am in the process of getting that game and a couple of others put on a DVD. When I do, I will figure out how to get that play off, either on a photo or short video.

It was awesome to see in person. All of the players and Coach Toby Foreman held up the number twelve on their fingers as the play clock ran down... It was a very moving tribute.

Trojandad, we are ALL still hurting and missing him. No one talks about it much anymore, but you can just see it with the spirit in the stands. The games just seem to mean more now for everyone. Players, Coaches and Fans.

griff
11-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I am in the process of getting that game and a couple of others put on a DVD. When I do, I will figure out how to get that play off, either on a photo or short video.

It was awesome to see in person. All of the players and Coach Toby Foreman held up the number twelve on their fingers as the play clock ran down... It was a very moving tribute.

Trojandad, we are ALL still hurting and missing him. No one talks about it much anymore, but you can just see it with the spirit in the stands. The games just seem to mean more now for everyone. Players, Coaches and Fans.

I second that. It's also been touching to see how Reggie's dad has been enjoying the games and the fans sitting around him are just swallowed up in the moment with him.

trojandad
11-16-2010, 08:05 AM
i hurt for you guys and your community daily, and i sure didn't bring this up again to bring up old wounds.....but i sure appreciate the updates and the good reports on the healing there.....:clap: :D :clap:

ivchris
11-16-2010, 09:01 AM
http://www.therecordlive.com/article/Sports_Outdoors/Local_Sports/Mustang_family_healing_since_death_of_Garrett/57052

trojandad
11-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
http://www.therecordlive.com/article/Sports_Outdoors/Local_Sports/Mustang_family_healing_since_death_of_Garrett/57052

i didnt know coach crouch had his team on the sidelines that night.......fantastic.....

thanks, ivchris.....

chaingang
11-16-2010, 11:06 AM
The whole game was special. Yes, we lost, but to a great team in kirbyville. Being on the sidelines and seeing that play made me cry. It actually did. i didnt know what was going on, Toby gathered the offense up and sent them on the field but only 10 went out there. i stood there for a moment thinking to myself, I wonder if any of our coaches realizes we have no QB. haha. Then i saw the players holding a number 1 up with one hand and a number 2 up with the other. I then realized what was happening. It was probably one of the most moving moments I have ever seen...EVER. And after the penalty, that kirbyville respectively declined, here comes little Jimmy. Jimmy Salter is his name, and hes a hell of a QB. Only a sophomore. I knew at that moment that we were a new team on a very special mission. And here we go..........................................

trojandad
11-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
The whole game was special. Yes, we lost, but to a great team in kirbyville. Being on the sidelines and seeing that play made me cry. It actually did. i didnt know what was going on, Toby gathered the offense up and sent them on the field but only 10 went out there. i stood there for a moment thinking to myself, I wonder if any of our coaches realizes we have no QB. haha. Then i saw the players holding a number 1 up with one hand and a number 2 up with the other. I then realized what was happening. It was probably one of the most moving moments I have ever seen...EVER. And after the penalty, that kirbyville respectively declined, here comes little Jimmy. Jimmy Salter is his name, and hes a hell of a QB. Only a sophomore. I knew at that moment that we were a new team on a very special mission. And here we go..........................................

i think we all teared up, chaingang, whether we were there or not.....

it sounds like coach hooks probably told coach alvarez beforehand, but the thing i liked the most about it is it appeared from the crowd's reaction (and now by your reaction, hearing your description) that it was a complete surprise to everyone except the team....

the coldspring boys have been on a similar mission for coach barbay, having lost his dad.....that's why a meeting between us would sure be special.....

chaingang
11-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i think we all teared up, chaingang, whether we were there or not.....

it sounds like coach hooks probably told coach alvarez beforehand, but the thing i liked the most about it is it appeared from the crowd's reaction (and now by your reaction, hearing your description) that it was a complete surprise to everyone except the team....

the coldspring boys have been on a similar mission for coach barbay, having lost his dad.....that's why a meeting between us would sure be special.....

A meeting between us would be special. the only bad thing is that someone has to lose. Either way, i hope region 3 is represented in the big dance.

MrLucky11
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
10 players on field for WOS offense. No QB. lined up on the ball in formation and let the 25 second clock lapse to zero. WOS holding up number 12... Kirbyville's Coach Alvarez declinded penalty. After that... Game on!

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/multimedia/sports/West_Orange_Stark_returns_to_the_field.html?c=y&page=20

rykerx144
11-16-2010, 04:23 PM
http://media.beaumontenterprise.com/images/WOS100310_2.jpg

From the link posted above here is a close up of the play.

rykerx144
11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Thats how all 10 players stood at their postition until the flag was thrown and play whistled over.

pirate4state
11-16-2010, 05:14 PM
:crying: awwwwwwwwwww

bobcat1
11-16-2010, 05:27 PM
That brings a tear to a fat man's eye. Well Done Gentlemen!:clap: :clap: :clap: