PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs Giants

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 05:01 PM
good start but the missed TD and miss XP could be huge later

Keith7
11-14-2010, 05:13 PM
The Giants are by far the most overrated team in the league right now. They haven't beat anybody good and have had a very easy schedule.. I think the Eagles win the NFC East pretty easily this season.

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 05:15 PM
I think the giants are the best in the east

BaseballUmp
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Huge!

piratebg
Sweet Jesus the defense needed that with all the injuries to the secondary.

Txbroadcaster
Originally posted by Keith7
The Giants are by far the most overrated team in the league right now. They haven't beat anybody good and have had a very easy schedule.. I think the Eagles win the NFC East pretty easily this season.

Maybe..dont really trust Eagles D..plus not like the Eagles have slayed alot of top teams either

eagles_victory
11-14-2010, 05:17 PM
The Giants are by far the most overrated team in the league right now. They haven't beat anybody good and have had a very easy schedule.. I think the Eagles win the NFC East pretty easily this season. You also think Dez Bryant is a bust

Keith7
11-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I think the giants are the best in the east

That's laughable.. Look at who they have played.. They are an 8-8 team who played bunch of 4-12 teams to make themselves look respectable

Keith7
11-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You also think Dez Bryant is a bust

And I still haven't been proven otherwise :doh:

Keith7
11-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Maybe..dont really trust Eagles D..plus not like the Eagles have slayed alot of top teams either

I think the Colts, Falcons and Jaguars would have something to say about that.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 05:23 PM

the Jags?!?!?!? Really? your saying a 5-4 team is a top team?

yes the Colts and Falcons wins were good..but the Eagles also laid eggs agianst the Pack and the Titans

3 of the Eagles 5 wins are agianst teams that are teams that are 9-16 with one of those teams having 5 of the 9 wins

coach
11-14-2010, 05:23 PM
cowboys are in big trouble....up 16-3 last time they were up 20-7...

95mustang
11-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by coach
cowboys are in big trouble....up 16-3 last time they were up 20-7...

19-3 now and I guess the defense is going to stay on the sidelines now.

piratebg
11-14-2010, 06:05 PM
How Bout Them Cowboys!!!

TD Felix Jones in the dark. :D

Keith7
11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
the Jags?!?!?!? Really? your saying a 5-4 team is a top team?

yes the Colts and Falcons wins were good..but the Eagles also laid eggs agianst the Pack and the Titans

3 of the Eagles 5 wins are agianst teams that are teams that are 9-16 with one of those teams having 5 of the 9 wins

The jags can play.. Just ask the cowgirls and texans..

Anyways.. go cowgirls. the Eagles can move into first place with a win tomorrow.

piratebg
11-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Is all of the power going out in NY or something?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Is all of the power going out in NY or something? ? what happened, have the game on but lol just noticed its not the Cowboys, :mad:

GrTigers6
11-14-2010, 06:18 PM
The Giants are by far the most overrated team in the league right now. They haven't beat anybody good and have had a very easy schedule.. I think the Eagles win the NFC East pretty easily this season. That is one time I completely agree with you keith

bobcat1
11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
It's a conspiracy!

ccmom
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM

Yep...the whole city is in shock because the Cowboys are winning!! :eek: :eek: :D

Go Cowboys!! :clap:

trojandad
11-14-2010, 06:23 PM
the cowboys play this well as often as power goes out in a stadium....:confused: :hand:

sinton66
11-14-2010, 06:37 PM
LOL, Jason Garrett is an assassin. All of a sudden his stupid play calling turns into plays that actually work?

navscanmaster
11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
What an absolute bs pass interference call against Dallas. WR fell down on his own and both were playing the ball.

Emerson1
11-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Cowboys should have traded Barber when someone still wanted him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5805657&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

DDBooger
11-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LOL, Jason Garrett is an assassin. All of a sudden his stupid play calling turns into plays that actually work? haha I was thinking the same.

sinton66
11-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
haha I was thinking the same.

A ONE GAME (almost) complete turn-around? Yeah, SURE. I just hope for the sake of Dallas fans that he doesn't have anything against any of the other coaches. Of course, no one else is standing in his way to the HC job. Just find it ironic that all of a sudden the Cowboys are playing football again and having success running, passing and moving the ball (even with Kitna at the helm).

Bullaholic
11-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Sure happy for the Cowboys, and particuliarly Jason Garrett. One win is not a season-maker, but it sure might be a Cowboy maker. Hope this can continue, and this win can be the foundation of a Cowboy return to glory and excellence.

sinton66
11-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Well, I have to admit, if it works, I'm all for it.;)

NateDawg39
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
A ONE GAME (almost) complete turn-around? Yeah, SURE. I just hope for the sake of Dallas fans that he doesn't have anything against any of the other coaches. Of course, no one else is standing in his way to the HC job. Just find it ironic that all of a sudden the Cowboys are playing football again and having success running, passing and moving the ball (even with Kitna at the helm). It might be me, but for the past 2 seasons, the majority of the players just did not look happy. Then, after the start of the game today, they all looked more lively. Maybe the firing of Wade was what sparked these men into playing again?

Keith7
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Sure happy for the Cowboys, and particuliarly Jason Garrett. One win is not a season-maker, but it sure might be a Cowboy maker. Hope this can continue, and this win can be the foundation of a Cowboy return to glory and excellence.

oh no.. it has begun.. :doh: :doh: :doh:

sinton66
11-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
It might be me, but for the past 2 seasons, the majority of the players just did not look happy. Then, after the start of the game today, they all looked more lively. Maybe the firing of Wade was what sparked these men into playing again?

That's how an assassin works, behind the scenes.;)

NateDawg39
11-14-2010, 08:05 PM
oh no.. it has begun.. :doh: :doh: :doh: The fear in your soul is obvious now :mad:

Bullaholic
11-14-2010, 08:11 PM
oh no.. it has begun.. :doh: :doh: :doh:

And you never stop---but your Eagles always do short of the Super Bowl.

bigYoe
11-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Yea it does seem a lil' strange to me that all of a sudden the 'Boys' offensive plays start working without hesitation. They make Garrett out to be an intelligent, rocket-scientist kind of guy and I can honestly see him playing that part JUST to get to the head coach position. I honestly believe Garrett has been planning this for awhile now, you know giving Phillips crappy offensive plays. Of course though, whenever a HC is fired during mid-season the OC is ALWAYS the first choice as interim or replacement HC. ON Garrett's part though, the players seem to be ALOT more energetic and lively like a bunch of High school players with their backs against the wall. Jason Garrett is a good fit for HC of the Cowboys and I do want him to succeed and take the Cowboys to 9-7 on the season and maybe with a little luck and some giving up by superior teams (Giants, Eagles) the 'Boys can actually make the playoffs. GO oYe, Hook 'Em Horns lol, and How 'bout them Cowboys?

Keith7
11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
guess this means that the cowgirls really don't need romo after all :thinking:

Eagle 1
11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
LOL, Jason Garrett is an assassin. All of a sudden his stupid play calling turns into plays that actually work?

:clap:

IHStangFan
11-14-2010, 08:37 PM
And I still haven't been proven otherwise :doh: I wouldn't say he's a bust just yet...but I don't think he's the superstar that he, and others think he is just yet. So I guess I'm "undecided" on Bryant. Ask me again in about 2 or 3 yrs.

bigYoe
11-14-2010, 08:39 PM
guess this means that the cowgirls really don't need romo after all :thinking:

Romo, to me, seems like a publicity stunt that has been going on for a few years now. Yes, he's a good QB but when Garrett runs his Offense (HIS SYSTEM) it doesnt matter what player is in what position. Just look at Kitna today, AWESOME game by a player we all thought was used up and had his last foot in the door. Its OBVIOUS what was wrong with the Dallas Defense AND Offense and that WAS of course Wade Phillips. I see Garrett leading the 'Boys to at least 4-5 more wins within the next 7 weeks and coming back as HC after Jerry sees he's got a risk-taker and emotional leader at the reins.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 08:48 PM
The Dallas O has not had a problem moving the ball at all this year or the last 3 years..the problem was red zone production and penalties and OL play

At least in this game the penalties were not a problem..but the redzone problems were the exact same..the only difference was Dallas had explosive plays to finish off drives.

they still had 3 trips in the redzone and only came away with one TD and 2 FGs which kept the Giants in the game at a point when Dallas could have sealed it early

OL protected and as talked about before..if Kitna is not running for his life he can still chunk it

bigYoe
11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I wouldn't say he's a bust just yet...but I don't think he's the superstar that he, and others think he is just yet. So I guess I'm "undecided" on Bryant. Ask me again in about 2 or 3 yrs.

If today didnt provide a positive outlook on Bryant's season as well as career, then 2 or 3 years won't budge a thing either. If seeing a ROOKIE come in and DOMINATE his defensive coverage doesnt improve his strength in your eyes, then him scoring 5 TD's and 300 receiving yards in one game wont help his stock in your eyes either. He could have the BEST offensive numbers in ANY rookie year and would STILL have people doubting him. Right now it seems like he's the voice of the offensive leaders and YES, he's a ROOKIE. Good job Dez, as well as the 'Boys. Keep It going

bobcat1
11-14-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
If today didnt provide a positive outlook on Bryant's season as well as career, then 2 or 3 years won't budge a thing either. If seeing a ROOKIE come in and DOMINATE his defensive coverage doesnt improve his strength in your eyes, then him scoring 5 TD's and 300 receiving yards in one game wont help his stock in your eyes either. He could have the BEST offensive numbers in ANY rookie year and would STILL have people doubting him. Right now it seems like he's the voice of the offensive leaders and YES, he's a ROOKIE. Good job Dez, as well as the 'Boys. Keep It going I agree! That young man has skills! Good job by Kitna and most importantly the O-Line and defense today. Good job to the coaches for turning it around for at least this one game. :clap: :clap: :clap:

bigYoe
11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
The Dallas O has not had a problem moving the ball at all this year or the last 3 years..the problem was red zone production and penalties and OL play

At least in this game the penalties were not a problem..but the redzone problems were the exact same..the only difference was Dallas had explosive plays to finish off drives.

they still had 3 trips in the redzone and only came away with one TD and 2 FGs which kept the Giants in the game at a point when Dallas could have sealed it early

OL protected and as talked about before..if Kitna is not running for his life he can still chunk it

VERY TRUE, Redzone production has been the core of the offensive problems. Yet, today was no different EXCEPT once they got the ball rolling the didnt stop. Just about every TD drive ended with a great play by either the RB, QB, or receiver. I can honestly be a homer(hater) sometimes when it comes down to the Cowboys but watching them today was like watching a whole, new team. They can only go UP from here, How 'bout them 'Boys?

IHStangFan
11-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
If today didnt provide a positive outlook on Bryant's season as well as career, then 2 or 3 years won't budge a thing either. If seeing a ROOKIE come in and DOMINATE his defensive coverage doesnt improve his strength in your eyes, then him scoring 5 TD's and 300 receiving yards in one game wont help his stock in your eyes either. He could have the BEST offensive numbers in ANY rookie year and would STILL have people doubting him. Right now it seems like he's the voice of the offensive leaders and YES, he's a ROOKIE. Good job Dez, as well as the 'Boys. Keep It going You said it right there...I don't think ONE GAME defines ANYONE'S career. That is my point. I'll hold off my considering him a super star for when he proves he can play at a high level consistently, can be a leader, & can progress into the dominating WR that some are already giving him credit for, etc. Until then, he's an impressive rookie that shows promise & nothing more as far as I'm concerned.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
You said it right there...I don't think ONE GAME defines ANYONE'S career. That is my point. I'll hold off my considering him a super star for when he proves he can play at a high level consistently, can be a leader, & can progress into the dominating WR that some are already giving him credit for, etc. Until then, he's an impressive rookie that shows promise & nothing more as far as I'm concerned.

yep I agree..tools seem to be there has to progress from that..him and Hakeem Nicks for the Giants IMO resemble each other in almost every way..they will give some great WR battles for years to come

In fact the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles seem to have some great youth and talent at the WR position the old NFC Smash mouth east is becoming the explosive play East

BullsFan
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't think Garrett is an assassin. The players did not like Wade and would not play for him. They couldn't go on strike so they went a different route. Didn't y'all hear the announcers talk about the players only meeting back in week 2, and how they didn't like Wade's practice policies? I guarantee they weren't having tea and crumpets at that meeting.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I don't think Garrett is an assassin. The players did not like Wade and would not play for him. They couldn't go on strike so they went a different route. Didn't y'all hear the announcers talk about the players only meeting back in week 2, and how they didn't like Wade's practice policies? I guarantee they weren't having tea and crumpets at that meeting.

I think they LOVED Wade..that was the problem..they loved his personality and his style of being relaxed and not pushing..sure they would say oh we need to try harder, practice harder, but they were going thru the motions..the results were on the field.

I personally dont care if players like the coach

sinton66
11-14-2010, 10:11 PM
LOL, even yall have to admit that the dramatic turnaround in this game kinda stands out like a sore thumb. All of a sudden there's intensity and desire. All of a sudden offensive play calling comes up with stuff that actually works instead of the WR screens and such that were getting stuffed. Like I said, if it works, I don't care if he is an assassin. I have no problem with it at all.

Emerson1
11-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Maybe it was Wade wanting the offense to be conservative. I don't remember seeing this many down field passes since Kitna has been starting.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
LOL, even yall have to admit that the dramatic turnaround in this game kinda stands out like a sore thumb. All of a sudden there's intensity and desire. All of a sudden offensive play calling comes up with stuff that actually works instead of the WR screens and such that were getting stuffed. Like I said, if it works, I don't care if he is an assassin. I have no problem with it at all.

The WR screens were still there Bryant broke one big..they threw one to Witten of all things and they tried one to Austin

I think the give up last 3 weeks have made people forget that yes Dallas was 1-4 before the Romo injury, but they had been in every game and lost none of them by more than 7 points..the penalties were the main killer, offense still was moving the ball at will...basically today we saw an offense work for the most part( Red Zone still bad) when they arent getting 20 yards one play then going back 10 the very next.

Eagle 1
11-14-2010, 10:35 PM
I think they LOVED Wade..that was the problem..they loved his personality and his style of being relaxed and not pushing..sure they would say oh we need to try harder, practice harder, but they were going thru the motions..the results were on the field.

I think its more about "respecting" the coach then "liking" the coach.
I don't think the players respected Wade and that's why they didn't perform for him. I don't think they respected him because he was to easy on them and they probably didn't feel he actually new what he was talking about. A majority of the veterans on the team has played for numerous other coaches in their career who had earned their respect.

I'm not sure if they actually "respect" Garrett more or Jerry Jones.
Believe what you want, but I bet JJ told his players to start performing or he would fire them too, no matter what the players league says.

sinton66
11-14-2010, 10:40 PM
The WR screens were still there Bryant broke one big..they threw one to Witten of all things and they tried one to Austin

I think the give up last 3 weeks have made people forget that yes Dallas was 1-4 before the Romo injury, but they had been in every game and lost none of them by more than 7 points..the penalties were the main killer, offense still was moving the ball at will...basically today we saw an offense work for the most part( Red Zone still bad) when they arent getting 20 yards one play then going back 10 the very next.

The WR "screens" tonight were more like slightly longer slants, not true screens. They also went downfield more than any game I've watched this year. All of a sudden, the line blocks and the running game works quite well. If the OC convinces the team they'd be better off with him at the helm, then the entire O is in on the "conspiracy". I'm a skeptic by nature, but like I've already said twice, I don't care as long as it works.:D

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 10:45 PM
The WR "screens" tonight were more like slightly longer slants, not true screens. They also went downfield more than any game I've watched this year. All of a sudden, the line blocks and the running game works quite well. If the OC convinces the team they'd be better off with him at the helm, then the entire O is in on the "conspiracy". I'm a skeptic by nature, but like I've already said twice, I don't care as long as it works.:D

yes they did finally stretch the field..but I still saw the big Bryant play was their normal WR screen..and the one to Witten( again why him lol) was the same thing

sinton66
11-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Okay, but when they were keeping games close with Romo in the game, how much of that was him calling audibles and changing what was originally called by Garrett? That's the factor none of us know. You seriously can't admit this is just a tad suspicious? Trust me, I'm a lifelong diehard Cowboy fan and always will be, but it tweaked my suspicion. Still, I have no problem with any of it as long as it works.

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 12:05 AM

They absolutely did not love Wade. They may have liked him as a person (as did I), but they didn't respect him as a coach, and they did what they could to get him fired. I don't know whether or not they wanted Garrett in or someone else, but I do know that many or maybe even most of them wanted more discipline in the practices and in the locker room. They didn't love being relaxed and not pushing and going through the motions. They wanted to WIN, and they didn't believe it was ever going to happen with Wade.

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Okay, but when they were keeping games close with Romo in the game, how much of that was him calling audibles and changing what was originally called by Garrett? That's the factor none of us know. You seriously can't admit this is just a tad suspicious? Trust me, I'm a lifelong diehard Cowboy fan and always will be, but it tweaked my suspicion. Still, I have no problem with any of it as long as it works.

That is the thing we dont know..I still think this was the first game in a long time that they had the WR running deeper routes. Of course the Giants helped by NOT blitzing alot..I honestly think that NYG took this game way to lightly and got burned..seemed they were in base D most of game with none of the blitzes we saw the first time around.

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 12:26 AM
They didn't love being relaxed and not pushing and going through the motions. They wanted to WIN, and they didn't believe it was ever going to happen with Wade.

They as the players could have done something about it and never did. When Switzer was in Dallas(alot like Wade) the players those two years they were in the NFC title game and then won the SB basically went above him and still used the things Jimmy taught them....This core of players did not do that..they never said who cares how "soft" our HC is, we want to be better and we will practice better. Instead they just allowed the "Phillips" attitude to control the team.

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 01:47 AM
They as the players could have done something about it and never did. When Switzer was in Dallas(alot like Wade) the players those two years they were in the NFC title game and then won the SB basically went above him and still used the things Jimmy taught them....This core of players did not do that..they never said who cares how "soft" our HC is, we want to be better and we will practice better. Instead they just allowed the "Phillips" attitude to control the team.

When Switzer was in Dallas, those players had Jimmy's policies, strategies, and plays to fall back on. These players did not have that. They had a coach they didn't respect or trust. Going out and winning a SB would have ensured Wade's continued reign at Valley Ranch, what was exactly what they DID NOT WANT. I don't know how deeply they thought about it--whether or not they knew the way to get Jerry to do something was to hit him in the pocketbook, or whether or not it was just a refusal to continue working for Wade--but these players decided that they weren't going to do another thing until Wade was gone. Tonight's effort proved that. The same defense that basically backed off and watched Green Bay run into the end zone again and again and again played so hard tonight that they changed the course of the game in the other direction. They fought for it. They made their own chances. Many of the players crowded around Garrett after the game to hug, pat his back, congratulate him. They talked about him during post-game interviews. These players wanted leadership, discipline, and intensity, and they weren't getting it from Wade so they did what they had to do in order to get it from someone else.

And on at least part of this, I'm not just speculating or blowing smoke. I know it's cliched around these parts, but I do have a source. PM me and I'll be happy to give you details.

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 02:01 AM
When Switzer was in Dallas, those players had Jimmy's policies, strategies, and plays to fall back on. These players did not have that. They had a coach they didn't respect or trust. Going out and winning a SB would have ensured Wade's continued reign at Valley Ranch, what was exactly what they DID NOT WANT. I don't know how deeply they thought about it--whether or not they knew the way to get Jerry to do something was to hit him in the pocketbook, or whether or not it was just a refusal to continue working for Wade--but these players decided that they weren't going to do another thing until Wade was gone. Tonight's effort proved that. The same defense that basically backed off and watched Green Bay run into the end zone again and again and again played so hard tonight that they changed the course of the game in the other direction. They fought for it. They made their own chances. Many of the players crowded around Garrett after the game to hug, pat his back, congratulate him. They talked about him during post-game interviews. These players wanted leadership, discipline, and intensity, and they weren't getting it from Wade so they did what they had to do in order to get it from someone else.

And on at least part of this, I'm not just speculating or blowing smoke. I know it's cliched around these parts, but I do have a source. PM me and I'll be happy to give you details.

I have sources as well lol...Here is the thing...these players saw the firing of Phillips as a chance to reinvent who they were...THEY are the ones that quit on the field, not Phillips..but since Wade got the blame it gave them an out as long as with a new HC they tried...If they truly hated or disliked Wade we would not have had the last 3 weeks where the players en masse were saying dont blame Wade..when player turn on a coach it leaks out( just like it has in Minny where the players are screaming they hate Childress) we have not heard ONE player before or after the firing say yes Wade was the problem..why? Because they liked him, they also liked his relaxed style which worked when they were winning because winning breeds hard work, but as soon as problems happened, the players could not and would not adjust...and alot of these core players were under Parcells so they should have supposedly learned tjhe "right" way to win.

So players can say what they want NOW about the change, but the facts are during the 1-7 start they were not en masse talking about the coach, they were in fact deflecting from him. That tells me they liked the status quo and are only NOW changing because they have to or they just might lose the paycheck

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 02:37 AM
I have sources as well lol...Here is the thing...these players saw the firing of Phillips as a chance to reinvent who they were...THEY are the ones that quit on the field, not Phillips..but since Wade got the blame it gave them an out as long as with a new HC they tried...If they truly hated or disliked Wade we would not have had the last 3 weeks where the players en masse were saying dont blame Wade..when player turn on a coach it leaks out( just like it has in Minny where the players are screaming they hate Childress) we have not heard ONE player before or after the firing say yes Wade was the problem..why? Because they liked him, they also liked his relaxed style which worked when they were winning because winning breeds hard work, but as soon as problems happened, the players could not and would not adjust...and alot of these core players were under Parcells so they should have supposedly learned tjhe "right" way to win.

So players can say what they want NOW about the change, but the facts are during the 1-7 start they were not en masse talking about the coach, they were in fact deflecting from him. That tells me they liked the status quo and are only NOW changing because they have to or they just might lose the paycheck

Well since I heard about 2 weeks ago that the players weren't going to play until Wade was gone, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Believe it or not, the players can mouth the party line about not blaming Wade and still want him gone. And since I've got their actions on the field and postgame tonight, including interviews, to back up what I was told, I think I'll take it as true. :)

I suspect you're a bigger fan of Wade than I was. I liked him a lot as a person, but I didn't think much of him as a coach.

(And I'm not sure why you think it would have leaked out...seriously? You don't think these guys can keep it a secret that they want their boss gone? Cause I think that's something it's pretty easy to keep on the QT. )

Either way I think we've gone past the point of discussing and into thread hijacking, so maybe we can let it rest now and just enjoy that really and truly epic win. I feel like we've turned a corner, and maybe...just maybe, our 'Boys really are BACK!

rojosgirl
11-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Will wonders never cease?

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 09:37 AM

If cowboys can win 6 games this year, Bryant will be rookie of the year. Will that prove you wrong. He is a gamer, and wants the ball.

ROOKIE

Eagle 1
11-15-2010, 09:47 AM
TXbroadcaster, I said it before and I will say it again.
It's not whether the Dallas players liked or hated Wade, it's more about respect.
I think Bullsfan hit the nail right on the head, and no I don't have any sources.
But I can look outside and tell if it's raining or not.
Being retired military, I have been in leadership positions for years.
I know when somebody does not respect their their leaders the affects it will have.
It's the same thing here.
If you don't think you are being lead in the right direction, you probably won't follow. The Dallas players may have liked Wade as a person, but I seriously doubt they had much faith in him as a coach.
I agree, there was enough Jimmy Johnson left over in the organization to win another SuperBowl. It wouldn't have mattered if I was the coach or Barry, Dallas would have won their last SuperBowl.

Maroon87
11-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
If cowboys can win 6 games this year, Bryant will be rookie of the year. Will that prove you wrong. He is a gamer, and wants the ball.

ROOKIE

He's already been proven wrong and he knows it, but he'll never admit it.

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
TXbroadcaster, I said it before and I will say it again.
It's not whether the Dallas players liked or hated Wade, it's more about respect.
I think Bullsfan hit the nail right on the head, and no I don't have any sources.
But I can look outside and tell if it's raining or not.
Being retired military, I have been in leadership positions for years.
I know when somebody does not respect their their leaders the affects it will have.
It's the same thing here.
If you don't think you are being lead in the right direction, you probably won't follow. The Dallas players may have liked Wade as a person, but I seriously doubt they had much faith in him as a coach.
I agree, there was enough Jimmy Johnson left over in the organization to win another SuperBowl. It wouldn't have mattered if I was the coach or Barry, Dallas would have won their last SuperBowl.

I agree about the respect thing 100%

My thing about the players is..As bad as Wade was at not leading..they were just as bad by quitting..Again look at Minny..they HATE their coach( and have said it)..yet they have not stopped playing hard.

When the coaching change happened it gave the players a new slate..If they play hard from here on out then they escape culpability in the the collapse and quitting. But those grown men basically for 3 weeks did nothing but collect a check without putting forth the effort and again IMO that is not all on WADE, but on themselves as players for quitting( of course not EVERY player quit)

Farmersfan
11-15-2010, 09:56 AM
TXbroadcaster does more flip flops than a fish out of water.

It is simply amazing how such a old and untalented team could perform so well just ONE WEEK after a coaching change!

And the ONLY difference in the offensive play calling is that KITNA actually ran the called plays instead of audiabling out of it and he actually tried to use his play progression reads instead of automatically defaulting to the short nonsense crap. And it seemed the other players were willing to put out the effort that we haven't seen for some time. Is that 100% due to the coaching change or does the different QB have something to do with that also? Only time will tell. Although Romo certainly has the physical tools to get it done I have made it known that in my opinion he is lacking in something else. Whether it's mental capacity or attitude there is a reason he played for a high school that would equal a Texas 3A team, a D II college, went undrafted in the NFL and sat on the bench for 4 years behinds some really, really great NFL talent...............:eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
TXbroadcaster does more flip flops than a fish out of water.

:

What am I flipping about?

Farmersfan
11-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
It wouldn't have mattered if I was the coach or Barry, Dallas would have won their last SuperBowl.

I would even take it another step further and say IF a good coach were there intead of Barry the Cowboys win 4 in a row instead of 3 out of 4!

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Whether it's mental capacity or attitude there is a reason he played for a high school that would equal a Texas 3A team, a D II college, went undrafted in the NFL and sat on the bench for 4 years behinds some really, really great NFL talent...............:eek: :eek:

umm..Kitna was undrafted from a small college as well

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Is that 100% due to the coaching change or does the different QB have something to do with that also?

Well lets see..Kitna has now been the QB in 3 full games and then almost 2/3 of another...in those game the effort was questioned in EVERY ONE except for the last..which had a NEW HC...so I think it is real easy to see why the effort was better today

Farmersfan
11-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Well lets see..Kitna has now been the QB in 3 full games and then almost 2/3 of another...in those game the effort was questioned in EVERY ONE except for the last..which had a NEW HC...so I think it is real easy to see why the effort was better today

The "lack of effort" from this team has been questioned since the preseason TX! You are the only person I know of who has claimed the effort stopped when Romo went out.

Farmersfan
11-15-2010, 11:07 AM
umm..Kitna was undrafted from a small college as well

You do know that there has only been ONE (1) starting QB to win the Superbowl that was not drafted in the NFL draft, right?

(Kurt Warner)

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 11:08 AM
The "lack of effort" from this team has been questioned since the preseason TX! You are the only person I know of who has claimed the effort stopped when Romo went out.

Then your not looking much...Again yes Dallas was 1-4..but NO ONE was saying they were giving up and not trying till the first Giants game. To many articles have been written about it and the main reason Phillips was fired was not the 1-7..but the fact since that first Giants game the team was not putting forth the effort

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 11:09 AM
GO COWBOYS!!! ;)

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 11:12 AM
OMG!!! You two are driving me crazy!!!!!

I, for one, am cautiously optimistic!!!:)

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I, for one, am cautiously optimistic!!!:) I am conveniently optimistic :D

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I am as well..I like Garrett and think alot of his "play calling problems" such as lack of running game was dictated more by bad play than bad play calling..An OC cant keep running when the running game is not there.

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I am also cautiously optimistic....does that mean there is something we can all agree on??? LOL

(For the record, I may have gone past "cautiously" and right into "get your heart broken" optimistic. I can't help but think something has changed for the better. Don't let me down again, 'Boys, please!!)

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 11:22 AM

(For the record, I may have gone past "cautiously" and right into "get your heart broken" optimistic. I can't help but think something has changed for the better. Don't let me down again, 'Boys, please!!)

LOL nothing wrong with that

DDBooger
11-15-2010, 11:29 AM
The "lack of effort" from this team has been questioned since the preseason TX! You are the only person I know of who has claimed the effort stopped when Romo went out. Not taking sides here, but yeah man, Cowboys with Romo and without was pretty clear which team was more competitive. Yesterday's game was anomalous.

Farmersfan
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Then your not looking much...Again yes Dallas was 1-4..but NO ONE was saying they were giving up and not trying till the first Giants game. To many articles have been written about it and the main reason Phillips was fired was not the 1-7..but the fact since that first Giants game the team was not putting forth the effort

You are using selective memory TX! The effort from this team has been questioned by MILLIONS of people since the opening kickoff of this preseason. But you can certainly keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to make yourself feel better.

GrTigers6
11-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Kitna played well, had a few passes not placed well but were caught. Then the few he left short. But overall took care of business. If he can keep his feet out from under Gurode he would do better. :D

GrTigers6
11-15-2010, 11:40 AM
You are using selective memory TX! The effort from this team has been questioned by MILLIONS of people since the opening kickoff of this preseason. But you can certainly keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to make yourself feel better. Yes it was questionable but it got much worse after romo went down

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 11:40 AM
You are using selective memory TX! The effort from this team has been questioned by MILLIONS of people since the opening kickoff of this preseason. But you can certainly keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to make yourself feel better.

Show me where the EFFORT was questioned in the 1-4 start..Not the results, but the EFFORT.

The first time the actual effort was questioned IMO deom what I saw and read was starting with the Giants game after Romo went down..But if u read something before then please link it

Farmersfan
11-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I, for one, am cautiously optimistic!!!:)

And of course "optimism" isn't something we have had in the past from this team to only get disappointed time after time after time!!!!!!!!!! Even IF these Cowboys manage to get back on track to qualtiy play where they were last year at 11-5 we will still have the issues that have kept this team from winning more than a single playoff game in Romo's career!!!!! That's all I'm saying! Let's FIX this dang thing and not be happy with just a patch..........................

ronwx5x
11-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Yesterday's game was anomalous.

Maybe the previous 8 games were anomalous!!

Definition of ANOMALOUS
1: inconsistent with or deviating from what is usual, normal, or expected : irregular, unusual
2a : of uncertain nature or classification b : marked by incongruity or contradiction : paradoxical

:D :D

DDBooger
11-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Maybe the previous 8 games were anomalous!!

Definition of ANOMALOUS
1: inconsistent with or deviating from what is usual, normal, or expected : irregular, unusual
2a : of uncertain nature or classification b : marked by incongruity or contradiction : paradoxical

:D :D It depends on what the variable is that we are looking at. In my particular post I was speaking of EFFORT. Which as TXB pointed out, was there prior to Romo's injury. Since Romo's injury the norm has been giving up.

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 11:50 AM
And of course "optimism" isn't something we have had in the past from this team to only get disappointed time after time after time!!!!!!!!!! Even IF these Cowboys manage to get back on track to qualtiy play where they were last year at 11-5 we will still have the issues that have kept this team from winning more than a single playoff game in Romo's career!!!!! That's all I'm saying! Let's FIX this dang thing and not be happy with just a patch..........................

You worry about the bigger problems, I am just happy to be happy for the Cowboys this week....I will worry about next week - next week.

Farmersfan
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Show me where the EFFORT was questioned in the 1-4 start..Not the results, but the EFFORT.

The first time the actual effort was questioned IMO deom what I saw and read was starting with the Giants game after Romo went down..But if u read something before then please link it

First one to pop up on Google:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/470700-wade-phillips-hes-whats-wrong-with-the-dallas-cowboys

"I know preseason is not always a good barometer of success but the Cowboys' lack of effort and intensity was on full display."

Only a blind mole that has been underground all season would think like you do TX. There are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stories from not only this season but last season where people questioned the desire, effort, discipline, preparation, mental toughness, intensity, motivation, leadership and evey other cliche' you can think of. But it's all the same thing. All those words are nothing more than simplified peices of ATTITUDE!

marler1972
11-15-2010, 11:55 AM

It was wild I was at the game and poof all the lights went out all you could see were cell phones and camara flashes. The stadium seems to be very nice but not near as nice as Jerry's world. Cowboys played very good yesterday.

GrTigers6
11-15-2010, 12:40 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/470700-wade-phillips-hes-whats-wrong-with-the-dallas-cowboys

"I know preseason is not always a good barometer of success but the Cowboys' lack of effort and intensity was on full display."

Only a blind mole that has been underground all season would think like you do TX. There are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stories from not only this season but last season where people questioned the desire, effort, discipline, preparation, mental toughness, intensity, motivation, leadership and evey other cliche' you can think of. But it's all the same thing. All those words are nothing more than simplified peices of ATTITUDE! That happens after every loss for any team that didnt play up to there potential

Farmersfan
11-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
That happens after every loss for any team that didnt play up to there potential

I agree GrTigers6! But basicaly IF they don't play up to their potential then didn't they "Quit"????? If a team gives less than 100% then they are quitting in a sense! This team has underachieved since Romo took over as the QB. I would say there has been a lot of "Quit" in them! Perhaps that is just me!

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 03:35 PM

Only a blind mole that has been underground all season would think like you do TX. There are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of stories from not only this season but last season where people questioned the desire, effort, discipline, preparation, mental toughness, intensity, motivation, leadership and evey other cliche' you can think of. But it's all the same thing. All those words are nothing more than simplified peices of ATTITUDE!

ok first of..bleacher report are fan based articles..

2nd..I meant during the regular season and I apologize for not stating that any clearer

3rd..Why cant you just debate? Why must you throw things in like only blind moles think like I do and stupid things like that

But this is the type of comments I was talking about

"For the first time in four games, the Cowboys played as hard as they could for as long as they could"

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/111510dnspotaylorcol.22ea683b5.html

"We saw some players quit for parts of two quarters against the New York Giants a couple of weeks ago, and we saw the Cowboys go through the motions last week in an embarrassing blowout loss to Jacksonville"
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/110710dnspotaylor.2d19b02.html

Again All I am saying is the effort IMO was there for the team in the 1-4 start, it was bad play that was killing them...the effort collpassed in the first Giants game and was dead until yesterday.

Yesterday we saw the effort and good plays..now we will see if it just the same thing with the Houston game and this teams goes back to self destruction with penalties, or if they will use this game as a brick to rebuild

GrTigers6
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
I agree GrTigers6! But basicaly IF they don't play up to their potential then didn't they "Quit"????? If a team gives less than 100% then they are quitting in a sense! This team has underachieved since Romo took over as the QB. I would say there has been a lot of "Quit" in them! Perhaps that is just me! this team had underachieved long before romo. And since romo is the QB do they not have a winning recoed overall. Enough Said:thinking:

coach
11-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I agree GrTigers6! But basicaly IF they don't play up to their potential then didn't they "Quit"????? If a team gives less than 100% then they are quitting in a sense! This team has underachieved since Romo took over as the QB. I would say there has been a lot of "Quit" in them! Perhaps that is just me!

no its just you

AP Panther Fan
11-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Only a blind mole that has been underground all season would think like you do

:spitlol:

lol, geez you two!

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Wait a minute....how did this work around to Romo? He didn't have much to do with this one either way. :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Wait a minute....how did this work around to Romo? He didn't have much to do with this one either way. :thinking:

Welcome to a Cowboy debate with FF..it is always Romo's fault

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Welcome to a Cowboy debate with FF..it is always Romo's fault

But that doesn't....it makes no sense....hmmm.

I think this is my cue to bow out. :D

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2010, 12:14 AM
But that doesn't....it makes no sense....hmmm.

I think this is my cue to bow out. :D

nah he is fun to joust with

Farmersfan
11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
ok first of..bleacher report are fan based articles..

2nd..I meant during the regular season and I apologize for not stating that any clearer

3rd..Why cant you just debate? Why must you throw things in like only blind moles think like I do and stupid things like that

But this is the type of comments I was talking about

"For the first time in four games, the Cowboys played as hard as they could for as long as they could"

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/111510dnspotaylorcol.22ea683b5.html

"We saw some players quit for parts of two quarters against the New York Giants a couple of weeks ago, and we saw the Cowboys go through the motions last week in an embarrassing blowout loss to Jacksonville"
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/110710dnspotaylor.2d19b02.html

Again All I am saying is the effort IMO was there for the team in the 1-4 start, it was bad play that was killing them...the effort collpassed in the first Giants game and was dead until yesterday.

Yesterday we saw the effort and good plays..now we will see if it just the same thing with the Houston game and this teams goes back to self destruction with penalties, or if they will use this game as a brick to rebuild

You are right TX! I should not say things like the blind mole comment. But it was only to emphasize that you chose to hide from or ignore all the media comments about the players quitting or the remarks about effort and desire until they become important to your point. The defense gave up 27 to the Bears, 34 to Tennessee and 24 to the Vikings but they didn't "Quit" according to you until Romo went out. Nevermind the fact that the opponents they were playing suddenly had an average of 8 minutes more Time of Possession because the offense couldn't sustain any drives! This entire discussion was started because of YOUR statement that the team quitting against the Giants PROVES that Romo is a leader! Complete and total nonsense! If I remember correctly, didn't Mike Jenkin's play his rookie years prompt a ton of questions about his effort and desire???? How often have you read something questioning Newmans effort? Be honest! Any time you have a very talented team that underacheives you will have questions about the effort and desire of that team. The effort and desire of these players has been questioned NON-STOP for several years now!

SintonFan
11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
nah he is fun to joust with

That might be accurate but unfortunately you can't do that if one is holding a lance and the other is holding a butter knife.:D

Farmersfan
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That might be accurate but unfortunately you can't do that if one is holding a lance and the other is holding a butter knife.:D

That's why I allow him a headstart!!!!!:D :D :D

gobblerfan34
11-16-2010, 01:10 PM
so glad to see the cowboys play with effort and purpose, something they did not do the previous 3 weeks
KEEP IT GOIN COWBOYS

GO MEAN GREEN

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2010, 02:32 PM
You are right TX! I should not say things like the blind mole comment. But it was only to emphasize that you chose to hide from or ignore all the media comments about the players quitting or the remarks about effort and desire until they become important to your point. The defense gave up 27 to the Bears, 34 to Tennessee and 24 to the Vikings but they didn't "Quit" according to you until Romo went out. Nevermind the fact that the opponents they were playing suddenly had an average of 8 minutes more Time of Possession because the offense couldn't sustain any drives! This entire discussion was started because of YOUR statement that the team quitting against the Giants PROVES that Romo is a leader! Complete and total nonsense! If I remember correctly, didn't Mike Jenkin's play his rookie years prompt a ton of questions about his effort and desire???? How often have you read something questioning Newmans effort? Be honest! Any time you have a very talented team that underacheives you will have questions about the effort and desire of that team. The effort and desire of these players has been questioned NON-STOP for several years now!

I think this is where you and I simply differ...I dont think a team's effort iis bad just because they lose. ..In the NFL the talent is so close that bad teams, or to say it better..good teams who make bad mistakes on the field but are putting forth effort will lose games 27-20, 34-27, and 24-21...those are games where one less penalty, one redzone TD, one defensive stand could have turned it around

A team not giving effort has scores like 35-17..and 45-7

Yes Jenkins in 08 agianst the Giants did the famous ole

No I have honestly never heard anyone question Newman's effort..the dude has been playing with a bad rib so IMO his effort is always been pretty solid

Your point on TOP after Romo got hurt might have some validity IF the Dallas D would have played well early agianst the Jags and the Packers..if the scores at half time would have been like 7-3 and then in the 2nd half they were wore down I would agree with you..but TOP in the JAGS game was only 5 min difference...The GB game the 2nd Q is when Dallas gave up 28..I hope after 1Q they were not already wore down..but you do bring up a possibe reason.