PDA

View Full Version : Bellville pass defense

punt
11-19-2003, 11:04 AM
I keep hearing that if Bellville runs into a good passing qb that will be their demise. Would someone refresh my memory and tell me if they have played a team with a good passing qb. I think that team would also have to have a super defense to stop the Bulls, running or passing.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-19-2003, 11:57 AM
Not true

reptard7isCRAZY
11-19-2003, 12:12 PM
It's led by a 3 year starter and defense leader Chase Kiecke. Kortland Benjamin and Grady Skelton have also been stepping up. Jobow Bryant subs in occasionally. Reeciever Brandt Goeke has even seen the field on defense in the Sealy game. Laid down the hardest hit i saw all night. Kid can do it all.

Bellville22
11-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Bellville's pass D hasn't really been tested this year, and I don't think they will be again this year.

I think they would play well against the pass. They have terrific safeties. Kiecke has been there for 3 years, has great speed, and good instincts. Sanders has a knack for the ball, against the run or the pass. When I hear the name Benjamin, all I can think of is "playmaker," this kid can make some things happen. But I think the strength of this D would be the pass rush. Bellville has a very good, very quick, and very aggressive D-line. I believe the DEs are the strong part of this D, and DT Henry has been causing chaos in backfields for weeks now.

Not sure if the Bulls will have the opportunity to play a pass-heavy team this year, but I think if they run into one, they'll do just fine.

Bull's-eye
11-19-2003, 01:49 PM
The Bellville's offense has forced most teams to play from behind. This allows the defense to turn on the pass rush, forcing the QB to run for his life. The secondary usually is in a prevent type of coverage, giving up the short stuff, but not allowing any deep plays. In basic coverage, they have been very good, but they haven't faced anyone that can compare to what they see at their own practices.

Brahma73
11-19-2003, 01:50 PM
Ya'll worry too much... :rolleyes:

BrahmaMom
11-19-2003, 05:36 PM
I think the Bellville D will handle whatever is "thrown" their way. They have stepped up big time and have my respect (though I wish they all weighed more! Eat guys!). They'll do what they have to do.

sharpie
11-19-2003, 06:00 PM
I give alot of respect to Bellville. They are always in the hunt. Who do they play this week?

Bull's-eye
11-19-2003, 06:12 PM
sharpie:
I give alot of respect to Bellville. They are always in the hunt. Who do they play this week?Huffman

IBRINGTHEHAT
11-19-2003, 10:54 PM
Personally, having played Bellville, since the subject of their Dline was brought up, I really think #35 Evans I think his name is is the best d lineman. #7 (Grell?) the linebacker shores up the middle of the defense (#48 is a solid d player also) and since I play on the line I don't know too much about their secondary. Just my take.