PDA

View Full Version : State volleyball playoffs

AACL
11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Well I did not think that the UIL is the BCS. It looks like the Wimberly has got his way not to play Lucas Lovejoy in the semis.
It seems that they shouldhave
been in the same region as Monahans any way. I thought politics did not matter in UIL

Hupernikomen
11-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by AACL
Well I did not think that the UIL is the BCS. It looks like the Wimberly has got his way not to play Lucas Lovejoy in the semis.
been in the same region as Monahans any way. I thought politics did not matter in UIL

Yeah. I always thought they seeded by record, but I guess not.

catgut
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Doesn't matter who Lovejoy plays first or second. No one will beat them regardless. As long as #7 is on the floor they are more like a college team instead of high school.

rb585
11-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, Wimberley is absolutely terrified of Lovejoy...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Cardinal
11-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Having seen Columbus beat Bridge City; it will take a stout team to beat the Columbus Cardinals.
No big boistering just solid Volleyball!

zebrablue2
11-14-2010, 04:15 PM

anyway u look at it-- gotta win two more!!!

ccmom
11-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
anyway u look at it-- gotta win two more!!!

Exactly!!

Go Wylie!!:clap: :clap:

ccmom
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM

What does this mean? I thought it was seeded by record, too. How were the pairings determined? I guess it doesn't matter much, but your post has me curious. :thinking:

lbjacj
11-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
What does this mean? I thought it was seeded by record, too. How were the pairings determined? I guess it doesn't matter much, but your post has me curious. :thinking:

I think is is by record.
1 vs 3
2 vs 4

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Here's my girlfriends rankings so they are FACT

Lovejoy, Wimberley, AWylie, Columbus

Good luck ladies!!!

ccmom
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
I think is is by record.
1 vs 3
2 vs 4

Yeah....I assume that's why Wylie (#1 seed) is playing Wimberley (#3) seed on Friday, but I was wondering what he was talking about re: Wimberley/politics, not playing LJ, etc. :confused:

I should probably know better than to ask since most of us on here know a lot less than we pretend to. :D

3afan
11-14-2010, 05:15 PM

the UIL web site is your friend - use it!

ccmom
11-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Ok...so does anyone know for sure how it's decided? When I look over the schedule, it doesn't look like all the classes are seeded the same.

Somebody tell me what I am missing, because as usual I must be confused. :vrycnfsd:

Thursday, November 18 - Semifinals Time Conference Schools
1:00 pm Conference 2A White Oak (44-1) vs. Bushland (30-14)
3:00 pm Conference 2A Jewett Leon (42-2) vs. Poth (42-6)
5:00 pm Conference 4A Austin Lake Travis (47-3) vs. Richardson Pearce (45-4)
7:00 pm Conference 4A Lewisville The Colony (43-3) vs. Brenham (36-10)
Friday, November 19 - Semifinals Time Conference Schools
9:00 am Conference 1A Wink (38-5) vs. Cayuga (35-12)
11:00 am Conference 1A Normangee (34-10) vs. Round Top-Carmine (32-11)
1:00 pm Conference 3A Abilene Wylie (45-1) vs. Wimberley (43-3)
3:00 pm Conference 3A Lucas Lovejoy (44-3) vs. Columbus (35-7)
5:00 pm Conference 5A Houston Cypress Woods (42-7) vs. Lewisville Hebron (42-7)
7:00 pm Conference 5A Corpus Christi King (45-3) vs. Conroe The Woodlands (33-12)

gatordaze
11-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by catgut
Doesn't matter who Lovejoy plays first or second. No one will beat them regardless. As long as #7 is on the floor they are more like a college team instead of high school.

No doubt. I am just glad she does not play receiver for LL. She is taller and jumps higher than anyone on our team!

lbjacj
11-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Pairings for the State Tournament
The UIL athletic staff will be at the office Sunday morning, prior to the State Tournament (512/471-5883). Pairings
will not be released until 9:00 a.m. on Sunday. This information will be released to the media. Teams will be placed
in the bracket according to their win/loss record. The two best records will be placed in opposite halves and the third
best record will be placed up or down as determined by a coin flip. The UIL staff will be calling the coach on Sunday
morning with pairings and tournament information. Be sure and fill out the team information form on the UIL website.
The coach's home and/or cell number from the team information form will be used to contact the coach.

ccmom
11-14-2010, 05:53 PM
This is from the UIL website...

13. REGIONAL TOURNAMENT GAME TIME. The regional director will determine the schedule for the regional
tournament.
14. REGIONAL TOURNAMENT DRAW. The bracket in the manual indicates the regional qualifiers and illustrates exact
pairings for the regional tournaments.
:confused:

Doesn't it look like all the other classes are playing 1vs4 and 2vs3? Am I looking at it wrong? :confused:

lbjacj
11-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Doesn't it look like all the other classes are playing 1vs4 and 2vs3? Am I looking at it wrong? :confused:

see my edited post above

ccmom
11-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Pairings for the State Tournament
The UIL athletic staff will be at the office Sunday morning, prior to the State Tournament (512/471-5883). Pairings
will not be released until 9:00 a.m. on Sunday. This information will be released to the media. Teams will be placed
in the bracket according to their win/loss record. The two best records will be placed in opposite halves and the third
best record will be placed up or down as determined by a coin flip. The UIL staff will be calling the coach on Sunday
morning with pairings and tournament information. Be sure and fill out the team information form on the UIL website.
The coach's home and/or cell number from the team information form will be used to contact the coach.

Ok thanks....that's about as clear as mud. :D

Seriously...I think I kind of "get it". :doh:

catgut
11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by rb585
Yeah, Wimberley is absolutely terrified of Lovejoy...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm sure you're not terrified of them now, but let's see after they warm up.

ccmom
11-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Obviously Lovejoy is the heavy favorite and rightfully so. I know Wimberley has an impressive history in volleyball as well. This is only Wylie's third varsity season in volleyball and we are super proud of this group of girls...as all 4 communties are proud, no doubt. I don't know much about Columbus at all.

Can anybody tell me who the other teams lost to? Wylie's one loss was to 5A Midland High.

lbjacj
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Obviously Lovejoy is the heavy favorite and rightfully so. I know Wimberley has an impressive history in volleyball as well. This is only Wylie's third varsity season in volleyball and we are super proud of this group of girls...as all 4 communties are proud, no doubt. I don't know much about Columbus at all.

Can anybody tell me who the other teams lost to? Wylie's one loss was to 5A Midland High.
Lovejoy lost to...
Flower Mound Marcus
Plano West
Corpus Christi King

Wimberley lost to...
Poth
Boerne Champion
Corpus Christi King

Columbus lost to...
Poth
Hendrickson
San Marcos
Needville
?
?
?

rb585
11-14-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm sure you're not terrified of them now, but let's see after they warm up.

Yeah, I'm sure our girls will be pissing their pants. We have no clue what we're doing.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Lovejoy lost to...
Flower Mound Marcus
Plano West
Corpus Christi King

Wimberley lost to...
Poth
Boerne Champion
Corpus Christi King

Columbus lost to...
Poth
Hendrickson
San Marcos
Needville
?
?
?
Well, the only losses that are worthwhile are the ones to Poth, since they're the only ones still playing. :D ;)

Just kidding! Good luck to all the teams!

catgut
11-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I'm sure our girls will be pissing their pants. We have no clue what we're doing. LOL okay. I'm in no way a fan of Lovejoy's . I just know they are going to be a shock if you haven't seen them.

pirate4state
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
LOL okay. I'm in no way a fan of Lovejoy's . I just know they are going to be a shock if you haven't seen them. I think Wimberley lost to them last year? :thinking:

pirate4state
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, the only losses that are worthwhile are the ones to Poth, since they're the only ones still playing. :D ;)

Just kidding! Good luck to all the teams!

CC King is still playing ;)

catgut
11-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I'm sure our girls will be pissing their pants. We have no clue what we're doing. This is the sophmore you have to watch out for. Sounds almost like she was recruited.
http://www.ebonynwanebu.com/

lbjacj
11-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think Wimberley lost to them last year? :thinking:

in 5 :mad: payback time!

cotulla
11-15-2010, 09:21 AM
what on her website makes you think she was recruited?

is she living in Lovejoy attendance zone?

4A looks like the only bracket where the flip did not lead to a 2 vs. 3 and 1 vs. 4 match up.

going to be a great weekend of volleyball.

I'm curious to see how Wylie stacks up in their first time to Strahan Colisuem.

catgut
11-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by cotulla
what on her website makes you think she was recruited?

is she living in Lovejoy attendance zone?

4A looks like the only bracket where the flip did not lead to a 2 vs. 3 and 1 vs. 4 match up.

going to be a great weekend of volleyball.

I'm curious to see how Wylie stacks up in their first time to Strahan Colisuem. Oh, it might have something to do with her starting out by saying she was selected to play for Lovejoy this year when she was playing for Irving last season.

cotulla
11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I think there were over 10,000 kids selected this August to play for their high school varsity teams. It's called a try-out.

I'm with you... I know where you are coming from. But you did not answer my question. Does she live in the attendance zone?

Happens all the time. Newcomer of the year in our district was a senior who played jv her junior year because she was inelgible, transferred but never moved!

ccmom
11-15-2010, 10:33 AM

3A didn't work out that way either. It's 1vs3 and 2vs4 but either way it's going to be fun to watch all these great teams!! :clap:

sportsgram
11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
This should be a great State Tournament. Any team that makes it this far plays great VB. The fact that Lovejoy and Wimberly are back in the tourney along with the upstart program at Wylie, and Columbus paying good volleball will make this a a good one.

We'll have Lovejoy and Columbus at 3:00 at www.sportsgram.net. If Lovejoy advances we will broadcast the State Final as well on Saturday.

Good luck to all the teams!

Txbroadcaster
11-15-2010, 11:31 AM
This is the sophmore you have to watch out for. Sounds almost like she was recruited.
http://www.ebonynwanebu.com/

Since she is a Soph I think she means she was selected to play on varsity over JV

ccmom
11-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Wylie/Wimberley will be broadcast at 1:00pm on Friday at

http://bulldogsliveonline.com/

If Wylie advances, the championship game on Saturday will be broadcast there, as well.

Good luck to all the teams!

Old Cardinal
11-15-2010, 03:44 PM
I saw Columbus win in 3 over a good Bridge City team; they will be competitive alright. Could end up a Wimberley vs Columbus final State Championship game.

ccmom
11-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I saw Columbus win in 3 over a good Bridge City team; they will be competitive alright. Could end up a Wimberley vs Columbus final State Championship game.

Or maybe Wylie/Columbus....:thinking:

Have I mentioned I am excited?? :D :clap:

ccmom
11-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Lovejoy lost to...
Flower Mound Marcus
Plano West
Corpus Christi King

Wimberley lost to...
Poth
Boerne Champion
Corpus Christi King

Columbus lost to...
Poth
Hendrickson
San Marcos
Needville
?
?
? The only opponent I see on that list that Wylie has played is Boerne Champion. Wylie played them in the Bev Ball Classic and won in 3. Not that I think that guarantees Wylie will beat Wimberley...not at all. I'm just rambling on because I am excited!! :clap:

wimbo_pro
11-15-2010, 04:59 PM
in 5 :mad: payback time!

I think we have a good shot at winning this one. We are a young team as compared to lat year, but I think maybe more talented.

cotulla
11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Wimberley a young team compared to last year?

Are you trying to blow smoke at these Wylie people?

They are not younger as compared to last year.

Last year they won region 4 with all juniors and 1 senior on the floor. Everyone is back and this year they added a senior who was on JV because she was ineligible last year. Last year's libero was a junior who is now a back up to a sophomore libero.

I see it as they have 2 advantages over Wylie.
1. size
2. experience (all but one starter played on that floor last year when they lost to Lovejoy in 5)

ccmom
11-15-2010, 05:22 PM

They are not younger as compared to last year.

Last year they won region 4 with all juniors and 1 senior on the floor. Everyone is back and this year they added a senior who was on JV because she was ineligible last year. Last year's libero was a junior who is now a back up to a sophomore libero.

I see it as they have 2 advantages over Wylie.
1. size
2. experience (all but one starter played on that floor last year when they lost to Lovejoy in 5)

Hey cotulla have you seen this year's Wylie team? You seem to know a lot about volleyball so I was curious as to what you thought about about our team. Besides that they are small and inexperienced. :D

wimbo_pro
11-15-2010, 05:24 PM

<<<Shhhhhh.....I am working here>>>

garciap77
11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
LOL okay. I'm in no way a fan of Lovejoy's . I just know they are going to be a shock if you haven't seen them.

Here they are! Anybody shocked?;)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2010regionals.jpg

cotulla
11-15-2010, 05:32 PM
I have seen Wylie play.

I call it like I see it.

No doubt that Wylie is inexperienced. The program is only 3 years old, you can't run from that.

Don't take what I said at all as disrespect. I think Coach Thompsen is the 3A coach of the Year. In fact I nominated her today on the TGCA website for the 1A-2A-3A coach of the year. What she and her girls have done just does not happen. Well, Lovejoy did it didn't they a couple of years ago. And he won that same award, so I'm hoping she does the same. Lovejoy had it a little bit different because their school was brand new.

The size and physical play that Wimberley brings to the floor is going to be tough for Wylie. It's going to be a great match!

ccmom
11-15-2010, 06:03 PM
I didn't take it as disrespectful at all. Of course they are inexperienced....only the third varsity season. I really was just interested in your impression of the team.

It's going to be a fun weekend!!:clap:

GrTigers6
11-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Just curious but why is a school that has been borderline 4a for many years just now getting Volleyball?

cotulla
11-15-2010, 06:16 PM
now that's a very good question? what took so long?

i'm very impressed with Wylie. Especially to think they've done all that so fast. Do the kids play club?

very good outside hitters who can terminate, good setting, good ball control. all the pieces are in place or they would not be fueling that bus to San Marcos...

ccmom
11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Just curious but why is a school that has been borderline 4a for many years just now getting Volleyball?

I believe back in 2000ish there was a poll taken to see if there was more interest in developing a girls soccer program or volleyball and soccer won out by a big margin.

The girls that are in this year's sophomore class are the first to start the program in 7th grade. There are two sophs on this year's varsity...one of which just moved up from JV for the playoffs.

Yes, a number of the girls have played travel ball...mostly in the metroplex, but a couple in Abilene and Midland.

garciap77
11-15-2010, 07:08 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20101113-232051-pic-278310367_t607.jpg
Thomas Metthe/Reporter-News
Wylie head coach LeeAnn Thomsen congratulates her players after the Lady Bulldogs' win over Monahans in the Region I-3A finals on Saturday, Nov. 13, 2010, at Lubbock Cooper High School, in Lubbock.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Louie13
11-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Great games this Sat

garciap77
11-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Great games this Sat

Nice avatar!:D

ccmom
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/20101113-232051-pic-278310367_t607.jpg
Thomas Metthe/Reporter-News
Wylie head coach LeeAnn Thomsen congratulates her players after the Lady Bulldogs' win over Monahans in the Region I-3A finals on Saturday, Nov. 13, 2010, at Lubbock Cooper High School, in Lubbock.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-15-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm having a hard time finding a team picture! I might have to go get one myself!:(

LH Panther Mom
11-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
CC King is still playing ;)
Oh well heck! So Wimberley has 2 losses that mean something & WC has one. :devil:

ccmom
11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I'm having a hard time finding a team picture! I might have to go get one myself!:( I can send you one :)

bwdaggie
11-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Or maybe Wylie/Columbus....:thinking:

Have I mentioned I am excited?? :D :clap:

i am excited for you ccmom!!! GO WYLIE!!

Green Bling
11-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Not 3A, but I'm very proud of my young friend Tara Dunn who is an outside hitter for Poth. They will be playing Leon in the state tourney Thurs. She just signed today to play VB for OU. Boomer Sooner, Tara!

garciap77
11-15-2010, 11:19 PM
I can send you one :)

:cool:

ccmom
11-15-2010, 11:54 PM
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/ccmom90/b3b61c79.jpg

Wylie Lady Bulldogs....Region I Champs!

ccmom
11-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Garcia I feel I like such a grown up!! I posted a pic all by myself AND I did it all from my phone!! Are you proud?? :D

Emerson1
11-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Post more action shots.

garciap77
11-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Garcia I feel I like such a grown up!! I posted a pic all by myself AND I did it all from my phone!! Are you proud?? :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/ccmom90/b3b61c79.jpg

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-143.GIF

ccmom
11-16-2010, 10:00 AM
I thought I would post one more for practice. :D
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/ccmom90/a72572ed.jpg

garciap77
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Nice Pic!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

BwdLion73
11-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Why are their uniforms not Purple?

ccmom
11-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Why are their uniforms not Purple?

They have purple unis and then they also have the black unis with purple numbers that are seen in the pic. :)

BwdLion73
11-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Thought your colors were Purple and Goldish Yellow. Your Bulldog photo had blueish shoes and GP's has Yellow shoes! Now your adding Black? :D

ccmom
11-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Thought your colors were Purple and Goldish Yellow. Your Bulldog photo had blueish shoes and GP's has Yellow shoes! Now your adding Black? :D

Uh...get with the times old man!! Those are not shoes in my pic or garcia's!! :)

BwdLion73
11-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Uh...get with the times old man!! Those are not shoes in my pic or garcia's!! :)

Tomato... tamato I just thought you might be announcing that the volleyball team would have their own colors.

Old man?.....ouch! :( :D :D :D Good luck with the V - ball.

ccmom
11-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Tomato... tamato I just thought you might be announcing that the volleyball team would have their own colors.

Old man?.....ouch! :( :D :D :D Good luck with the V - ball.

That was kinda tacky....very out of character for me!! :D

You might be surprised how many people actually think those are purple or yellow shoes, though!!

BwdLion73
11-16-2010, 09:35 PM
After what I have read on this board I don't think it was tacky at all, however you might want to change your colors to Gray and you could use Gray Duct tape and not have all that expense for colored tape. ;)

ccmom
11-16-2010, 09:37 PM
After what I have read on this board I don't think it was tacky at all, however you might want to change your colors to Gray and you could use Gray Duct tape and not have all that expense for colored tape. ;)

Duct tape??? Hahahahaha

Expense?????? Double hahahahahahaha......:D :D

Don't you know people in Wylie don't look at price tags?? :doh:

;)

BwdLion73
11-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Duct tape??? Hahahahaha

Expense?????? Double hahahahahahaha......:D :D

Don't you know people in Wylie don't look at price tags?? :doh:

;)

Your right...the minute I posted it I realized the mistake I had made. :p

ccmom
11-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Fox will be covering the tournament.....

See copy of email below

FYI-

Congratulations on your school making the UIL Volleyball State Tournament! This email is to inform you that Time Warner Cable and FOX Sports Southwest and FOX Sports Houston will televise and webcast a portion of this week's games live on the Time Warner Cable Texas Channel as well as on FOXSportsSouthwest.com and FOXSportsHouston.com. Information on how to watch the television and webcast coverage as well as the schedule is included below. We would appreciate your help getting the word out to your students, parents and alumni. This is great exposure for your school’s volleyball team and an opportunity for your fans to follow the action. We wish your school good luck on making it to Saturday’s championship game. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any more information.Thank you for your assistance.

Kristi

Kristi Roberts
FOX Sports SouthwestMedia Relations Manager

ccmom
11-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Someone sent me the following link....video of Wimberley's #1 Laura Blab...

Whoa...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Her height alone is impressive but that girl can play! :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxVKINucIHk

rb585
11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
For those of you who don't know Laura's dad:

http://www.rotoevil.com/images/blab_back.jpg

ccmom
11-17-2010, 10:08 PM
For those of you who don't know Laura's dad:

http://www.rotoevil.com/images/blab_back.jpg Cool!!

catgut
11-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Someone sent me the following link....video of Wimberley's #1 Laura Blab...

Whoa...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Her height alone is impressive but that girl can play! :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxVKINucIHk

She's good, but......You ain't seen nothing yet

I really hope they can beat Lovejoy but I can't see it.

ccmom
11-18-2010, 09:34 AM

I really hope they can beat Lovejoy but I can't see it. I'm sure you are expecting this response ;) , but they DO have another team to play before Lovejoy. :D

Go Wylie! :clap:

catgut
11-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I know! *lol*...actually I would just like to see anyone beat Lovejoy. We had a good team and if we played them ten times it would have been same result everytime.

ccmom
11-18-2010, 02:58 PM
I know! *lol*...actually I would just like to see anyone beat Lovejoy. We had a good team and if we played them ten times it would have been same result everytime. Hey where did you see Wylie play?? Tournament, I assume?? Just curious..

Also...have you seen Columbus play?? I haven't heard much about them at all.

rb585
11-18-2010, 03:43 PM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/loss-and-love-inspire-wimberley-star-1055619.html

ccmom
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/loss-and-love-inspire-wimberley-star-1055619.html I read that earlier today...sad, but touching story.

ccmom
11-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Game day! Good luck to all the teams! Let's go Wylie!!

ccmom
11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Wylie/Wimberley game at 1pm today ... Webcast can be found at http://bulldogsliveonline.com/

wimbo_pro
11-19-2010, 11:36 AM

I really hope they can beat Lovejoy but I can't see it.

Catgut...when it comes to volleyball over the last decade, trust me on this...we have seen it all. Does that mean we are going to win it all this year? No. But you can be sure we have no fear of any team or player, and we have a plan to win. I know we can do it...we just need to execute.

catgut
11-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Catgut...when it comes to volleyball over the last decade, trust me on this...we have seen it all. Does that mean we are going to win it all this year? No. But you can be sure we have no fear of any team or player, and we have a plan to win. I know we can do it...we just need to execute.
Good luck. I hope you do it.

ccmom
11-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Wimberley out to fast start...

Leading first set 8-1

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Wimberley out to fast start...

Leading first set 8-1

They might be the real deal...

ccmom
11-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
They might be the real deal...

Never doubted they were but...wow they are freakin TALL!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, crazier things have happened, that's for sure! That's why they play best of 5 matches :)

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 02:32 PM
By the way, congrats on your 3000th post, ccmom :D

lbjacj
11-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I thought it was streaming live on foxsports SW?

ccmom
11-19-2010, 02:35 PM
By the way, congrats on your 3000th post, ccmom :D

Haha...I didn't even notice that but wow...what an intelligent post for my 3000th! :D

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 02:36 PM

That is just the finals I believe. The semis are being broadcast on some Time Warner channel if I remember correctly.

ccmom
11-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Wimberley takes first set convincingly ...

25-12

lbjacj
11-19-2010, 02:38 PM
That is just the finals I believe. The semis are being broadcast on some Time Warner channel if I remember correctly.
Dang ! I thought I was going to get to watch it at work!#$%^&@#$
Keep the updates coming please?

ccmom
11-19-2010, 02:41 PM

It is on foxsportssouthwest.com.....I'm watching it

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 02:42 PM
It is on foxsportssouthwest.com.....I'm watching it

What she said! I am listening to the Wylie radio broadcast...

ccmom
11-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Dang ! I thought I was going to get to watch it at work!#$%^&@#$
Keep the updates coming please?

Second set tied 2-2....did you find the stream?

ccmom
11-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Tied 9-9 now

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Wylie hanging tough...

ccmom
11-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Wimb leading 19-12

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Wimberley takes second set

25-17

rb585
11-19-2010, 03:02 PM
We'll probably forfeit the next three games because we're so scared of Lovejoy.

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Wimberley leading 3rd 10-7

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Time out Wimberley...

leading 11-9

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Tied at 14

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Going down to the wire in game 3...

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
tied at 23

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Time out Wimberley

Set point for Wylie

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Wylie wins third set 25-23!!

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Congrats Wylie! Still a long way to go in this one... they showed great intensity and sense of urgency in that third set

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Congrats Wylie! Still a long way to go in this one... they showed great intensity and sense of urgency in that third set

Agreed on both points. Proud of the girls for hanging tough!!

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Fourth set tied at 6

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Wylie's record is very telling. They are holding their own in this match in the last 2 games. Wonder if Wimbo might be thinking "here we go again" since they lost in a 5th set heartbreaker last year

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Wylie leading 10-6

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:47 PM
wylie leading 17-12

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Timeout Wylie...

Wylie leading 4th set 21-17

Booter11
11-19-2010, 03:53 PM
great game so far.. hope it goes to a 5th set

Phil C
11-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Timeout Wylie...

Wylie leading 4th set 21-17

Still close. But this may come down to the fifth and final set.
Thanks for the updates.

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Tied at 21

Phil C
11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Man the fourth set is another big battle!

Booter11
11-19-2010, 03:57 PM
24-22 wylie.. set point

ccmom
11-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Wylie wins fourth

25-23!!!!

Booter11
11-19-2010, 03:58 PM
25-23 wylie.. on to game 5

Phil C
11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
This last game should be an epic. But look for Wimberly to play tough but so will Wylie.

ccmom
11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Wylie wins fourth

25-23!!!!

5th set tied at 2

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:04 PM
ace! 4-3 bulldogs

ccmom
11-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Time out...

Wimberley leading 5th 6-4

Charlie47
5th set tied at 2

Hang it there, ya'll get 'em! What a game!:clap:

Phil C
Close. We have to remember they play to 15 in 5th set.

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:08 PM
8-4 wimberley. timeout

BaseballUmp
11-19-2010, 04:11 PM
I thought some of yall were there...lol I could walk over to Strahan from my apartment lol

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM
14-7 match point

Phil C
The game must have lots of action going on. Either that or a long timeout. :)

Booter11
Wimberley wins

lbjacj
11-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Great win girls!!!!

ccmom
11-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Wimberley wins 15-8

Congrats to a great Lady Texans team!

So proud of the Lady Bulldogs! They never ever gave up!!

Not bad for our 3rd varsity season. :clap: :clap:

Phil C
11-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Booter11
Wimberley wins

I anticipated that Wimberley would play extra tough in this last game but a great effort by Wylie and congrations to them for a great season. Congratulations to Wimberley and best of luck in the State Championship game.

Thanks for the updates!

Charlie47
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Wimberley wins 15-8

Congrats to a great team!

Ya'll had a great year! Be safe travelling!

Bruce
11-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Lady Bulldogs did good, they made the other team work for it. Just making the final four is good within itself. Thanks!

Tejastrue
11-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Congrats Lady Texans. We are so proud!! :cheerl: :clap: :clap: :2thumbsup

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:22 PM
congrats to both teams on a well played game... great season wylie and goodluck tomorrow wimberley, i hope its a match up against columbus.. go lady cards!

lbjacj
11-19-2010, 04:26 PM
congrats to both teams on a well played game... great season wylie and goodluck tomorrow wimberley, i hope its a match up against columbus.. go lady cards!

No not Columbus.I'm sure the girls want to take down Lovejoy!

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:27 PM
that may be true but i hope its columbus

the genious
11-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Updates please

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by the genious
Updates please

They haven't started yet. Game is being broadcast at www.sportsgram.net

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:45 PM
should start in the next 10 minutes

ccmom
11-19-2010, 04:46 PM
You can also watch the game on foxsportssouthwest.com

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Columbus 1-0

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:52 PM
3-1 lovejoy

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:53 PM
5-3 lovejoy

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:56 PM
11-6 lovejoy

Booter11
11-19-2010, 04:59 PM
15-8 lovejoy

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
18-12 lovejoy

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Lovejoy 20-12.. Timeout... Entire front line is over 6' with one girl at 6'4".. wow

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Lovejoy wins game 1 25-13

wimbo_pro
11-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Wimberley wins 15-8

Let me tell you somethnig CCmom....those Wylie girls....WOW. Wimberley came in and punched them right in the nose, right out of the box. Wylie staggered, but didnt panic. Second game, they got their running legs, but still lost. 3rd game...BANG...they punch back. 4th game, they continued the counter punching. 5th game...we had just worn them down. I am very impressed with them and the Wylie crowd...enthusiastic, never say die, fight to the end. An honorable opponent for sure!!!

There were some bad calls in game 4 in think (ball looked IN to me on two calls that were called out to Wylie's disappointment), but they won that game anyways, so no harm done. A great tourney!!!

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:22 PM
lovejoy 21-14

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:24 PM
23-17 lovejoy.. timeout cards

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:26 PM
lovejoy wins game 2 25-18... lady cards need a late comeback

44INAROW
11-19-2010, 05:26 PM
23-17 lovejoy.. timeout cards
I am half-a$$ reading and see "timeout cards" I thought to myself - is that like a yellow card in soccer lol.. Then I realized - Cardinals duh.. I need to go home.................

sounds like some great volleyball today ...

Congrats to the Reg IV Wimberley Lady Texans.. :clap:

garciap77
11-19-2010, 05:29 PM

Great season for the Lady Bulldogs!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:35 PM
10-7 lovejoy

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:44 PM
20-18 lovejoy... tight game 3

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:45 PM
21-19 lovejoy

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:45 PM
22-19 lovejoy... timeout lady cards

Booter11
11-19-2010, 05:49 PM
lovejoy wins 25-19 in a 30 sweep... great game by lovejoy... wimberley and lovejoy wil be a great game tomorrow... great season lady cards we are proud of you, getting to the state tournament is a great accomplishment.. it didnt end the way we wanted it too but keep yalls heads high and be proud of all yalls accomplishments

Charlie47
11-19-2010, 05:51 PM
lovejoy wins 25-19 in a 30 sweep... great game by lovejoy... wimberley and lovejoy wil be a great game tomorrow... great season lady cards we are proud of you, getting to the state tournament is a great accomplishment.. it didnt end the way we wanted it too but keep yalls heads high and be proud of all yalls accomplishments

Congrats to the Lady Cardinals, great season.

Way to go Lady Leopards! One More!:clap:

ccmom
11-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Congrats Lovejoy! The championship match should be a doozie!! :clap:

Congrats to Columbus on an outstanding season! :clap:

Phil C
11-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Congrats Lovejoy! The championship match should be a doozie!! :clap:

Congrats to Columbus on an outstanding season! :clap:

I agree with everything in the quote.

Booter11
11-19-2010, 06:07 PM
was it last year or two years ago that lovejoy and wimberley met in the finals?

catgut
11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
What time is the final tomorrow?

sportsgram
11-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Final is at 1:00 tomorrow. We will have the game at www.sportsgram.net. You can also listen to the game on your mobile phone.

MesquiteFan
11-20-2010, 01:06 AM
was it last year or two years ago that lovejoy and wimberley met in the finals?

They met last year in the semis. Wimberley lost in 5 games.