PDA

View Full Version : Who are some players.....

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 12:11 PM
That people don't "know about?"

Lee Clubb from Iowa Park was the most underrated QB/athlete we've seen this season.

Who are some other studs that are "under the radar?" If you have stats please post them.

This is NOT a Brownwood thread

Old LB
11-14-2010, 12:18 PM
LeFredrick Ford from Kirbyville was one I did not know about until lately. Don't know his stats but he has a highlight video on you tube.

Dub-C
11-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Daymond Lewis not just being West Columbia's QB but as an All-Round athlete. The kid can fly and isn't scared to run the ball. I believe he deserves some recogntion for his effort and accomplishments this year.

Necked
11-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Dub-C
I believe he deserves some recogntion for his effort and accomplishments this year.

I believe a regional title would take care of that...:D

Inmateboss
11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
AAron Gonzales from Graham is a vicious little guy that moved here from Jacksboro. He's 5'6" 130# WR/DB I don't have all his stats but he has 8 INT's for the year as a JR. So he should be one to watch out for next year! He's not big but man he is fast and he has Two younger brothers that are stud football players!!

NastySlot
11-14-2010, 12:57 PM
i saw canyon lake play twice this season.....they have some really good juniors....led rb hinshaw.

clhsdad
11-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i saw canyon lake play twice this season.....they have some really good juniors....led rb hinshaw.

Zach Henshaw he is a good back missed the first 4 games this year. He seams to be really hitting his stride now. Rushed for over 200 yards first half against Burnet. Eduardo Covarrubias sophmore running back another good one they compliment each other well.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Sinton has some talent! :eek: ;)

Great O and D lines, and Cave is a pretty darn good runner. And watch out for the Soph Keith Garcia. That guy is hard to get down and don't let him turn the corner... on even on WC's speed he almost took it to the house a couple times.

pirate4state
11-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Dub-C
Daymond Lewis not just being West Columbia's QB but as an All-Round athlete. The kid can fly and isn't scared to run the ball. I believe he deserves some recogntion for his effort and accomplishments this year. What he did Friday night was amazing and I'm sure he's been doing it all year. His cut backs were so darn frustrating :doh: :D Looking at the film, we were in the back, he made one move and he was gone. ugh. If yalls game is in Victoria, I may have to go watch.

pirate4state
11-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Sinton has some talent! :eek: ;)

Great O and D lines, and Cave is a pretty darn good runner. And watch out for the Soph Keith Garcia. That guy is hard to get down and don't let him turn the corner... on even on WC's speed he almost took it to the house a couple times. Love to watch him play. He does everything at full speed. He will only get better on defense too. :eek: :D We have some good young guys to build around. Will have to rebuild both the O & D lines.

mwrams
11-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Gilbert Casterena of Mineral Wells. Only a Sophmore. gained over 800 yards this year. Will be a force the next two years. District Champ Mineral Wells brings back the QB and both RB's next year.

Roughneck_Dad
11-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Columbia Roughnecks #66 Trey Lavender (DL&OL). One of the smallest lineman on the team and has the most injuries, yet still gives the guys on the other side of the ball all they can handle!!!!!!!!! Tough Kid!!!!:clap: :2thumbsup

Devonplp
11-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Tyler Bates Jr from Alvarado. Lead the state in INT's last year as a sophmore. This year has 10 and Half were returned for touchdowns. Has 5 or so Punt and kick returns for TD's. He is Alvarado's difference maker. Doesn't get a lot of respect because of his size only about 5 foot 6 or 7. But a heck of an athlete.

bigcat8
11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
The RB from Devine has had a tremendous year...

baseballcoach13
11-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What he did Friday night was amazing and I'm sure he's been doing it all year. His cut backs were so darn frustrating :doh: :D Looking at the film, we were in the back, he made one move and he was gone. ugh. If yalls game is in Victoria, I may have to go watch.

If you watch the film again look at when we got pinned down on yalls 1 yard line after the great punt, and he ran the QB sneak. Look how fast he sees the hole open up to his right.....unreal how quick he hit it.

jason
11-15-2010, 11:33 AM
stephenville's running back will surely get some attention from colleges - once they were able to part from their go-to guy from last year, he stepped up and is having a good year...

bowleghorses
11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Prosper's quarterback is a beast from what I have witnessed. Could make an everydown back. Very strong.

MUSTANG69
11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Sinton's Keith Garcia and Ingleside's Marquise Barolle. I think both these kids will be premier running backs in South Texas the next two years.

baseballcoach13
11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Sinton's Keith Garcia and Ingleside's Marquise Barolle. I think both these kids will be premier running backs in South Texas the next two years.

The Garcia kid is good. And he's not a bad blocker either.

GrTigers6
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Well my son has 1 catch for 31 yards and a TD. So thats pretty good catch per td ratio. :D
Seriously though, That #2 for alvarado is a very good athlete.

bulldog25
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Sweeny's sophomore running-back Craig Bell is an athlete, the two games ive seen so far he has been very hard to tackle with multiple runs of over thirty yards against Ingleside last saturday.. Also, #25 Gary Woodard from Sweeny, He is thier Safety/2nd string running back/ Kick Returner. He had 2 almost three picks against Ingleside and has multiple 2+ interception games this season. GO Dogs!

bulldog25
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by bulldog25
Sweeny's sophomore running-back Craig Bell is an athlete, the two games ive seen so far he has been very hard to tackle with multiple runs of over thirty yards against Ingleside last saturday.. Also, #25 Gary Woodard from Sweeny, He is thier Safety/2nd string running back/ Kick Returner. He had 2 almost three picks against Ingleside and has multiple 2+ interception games this season. GO Dogs!

Gary Woodard is a Junior BTW

Rocket
11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by jason
stephenville's running back will surely get some attention from colleges - once they were able to part from their go-to guy from last year, he stepped up and is having a good year...

We often wondered why Sville didn't let Edwards carry the ball and bench the big slow RB. He had some very nice runs against us. But he also got hit and went helicopter flipping on that 2 point conversion. ouch. haha

buckeyebob
11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Dakota Cannon
Gilmer Buckeyes #33 Sr.
Defensive Tackle
5'10", 160lbs (Yes 160)

Average 8.6 tackles per game, Total 68, 13 Assists
Average 0.6 Sacks per game, Total 8
3 Fumble Recoveries, 2 Fumbles Causes

One Tough Young Man

JJWalker
11-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm a playa ... but don't let that get too far.

I like to roll ambush style. :eek:

Necked
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
If you watch the film again look at when we got pinned down on yalls 1 yard line after the great punt, and he ran the QB sneak.

That was a nice one, but I would like to call attention to the real star of that play. You football neophytes out there go back and find that play, & watch Boucher pull down the line and apply a textbook block on Sintons' stud lineman Perez. That was beautiful. That is how you win games...

Roughneck_Dad
11-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Necked
That was a nice one, but I would like to call attention to the real star of that play. You football neophytes out there go back and find that play, & watch Boucher pull down the line and apply a textbook block on Sintons' stud lineman Perez. That was beautiful. That is how you win games... :1offtopc: I believe that this is supposed to be about "Players that no one knows about" He is known very well!!!! There are players on this Team that are a lot better that don't get the praise they deserve.:evil:

SHSBulldog00
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck_Dad
:1offtopc: I believe that this is supposed to be about "Players that no one knows about" He is known very well!!!! There are players on this Team that are a lot better that don't get the praise they deserve.:evil:

Floyd Bess Soph RB West Columbia:thumbsup:

Roughneck_Dad
11-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Floyd Bess Soph RB West Columbia:thumbsup: :clap: :iagree: :2thumbsup

Old LB
11-15-2010, 09:47 PM
Seth Owens, Brownwood Lions freshman QB. 6'1ish, cool head, good athlete. I have a good feeling about this kid, watched him grow up playing soccer in the youth league.

Roughneck_Dad
11-15-2010, 09:54 PM
That was a nice one, but I would like to call attention to the real star of that play. You football neophytes out there go back and find that play, & watch Boucher pull down the line and apply a textbook block on Sintons' stud lineman Perez. That was beautiful. That is how you win games... :thinking: Here are just a few that come to mind #54 Duke, #70 Henderson, #52 Kresta, #33 Shorter, and #66 Lavender. These are players that are not known about and are every bit as good if not better than him:clap:

Necked
11-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck_Dad
:thinking: Here are just a few that come to mind #54 Duke, #70 Henderson, #52 Kresta, #33 Shorter, and #66 Lavender. These are players that are not known about and are every bit as good if not better than him:clap:

Didn't mean to imply that at all. It just so happens that on that particular play in the video Boucher is the only lineman that is clearly visible. Of course it could have been any of the other guys. Simply wanted to point out to those who were fixated on Lewis in the video that without the linemen that play doesn't have a happy ending...

Roughneck_Dad
11-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Didn't mean to imply that at all. It just so happens that on that particular play in the video Boucher is the only lineman that is clearly visible. Of course it could have been any of the other guys. Simply wanted to point out to those who were fixated on Lewis in the video that without the linemen that play doesn't have a happy ending... :iagree: :2thumbsup Without those boys he would get nowhere.