PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Longhorns ...

JJWalker
11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
... are going to get the first pick in the draft. :)

Maroon87
11-13-2010, 11:13 PM
What's funny is, Aggie fan is all over my Facebook laughing at them for losing.

For A&M to have any shot at the Big 12 South they need Ok St. to lose. Dumb Aggies...:doh:

Even by losing, Texas still gets over.

Mojado
11-13-2010, 11:58 PM
...SUCK!

lostaussie
11-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
...SUCK! 10-4

navscanmaster
11-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
What's funny is, an Aggie fan is all over my Facebook laughing at them for losing.

For A&M to have any shot at the Big 12 South they need Ok St. to lose. Dumb Aggie...:doh:

Even by losing, Texas still gets over.

There, FIFY.

I am as big an Aggie fan you'll find, and I pull for Texas against anything from the territory. Especially when we need their opponent to lose. Oh well. A&M is not out of it yet. Texas however will have to beat A&M to get a sniff at a bowl now.

Inmateboss
11-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
There, FIFY.

I am as big an Aggie fan you'll find, and I pull for Texas against anything from the territory. Especially when we need their opponent to lose. Oh well. A&M is not out of it yet. Texas however will have to beat A&M to get a sniff at a bowl now.

Texas is going to get a sniff of a bowl alright,toilet bowl!! A&M is going to spank them like the burnt orange headed stepchild they are!!

MoveInDad
11-14-2010, 03:34 AM
...are struggling a bit this year.:D

eagles_victory
11-14-2010, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Texas is going to get a sniff of a bowl alright,toilet bowl!! A&M is going to spank them like the burnt orange headed stepchild they are!! lol :clap: aggies. When is the last time you had a better season than Texas? and they are the step children?

3afan
11-14-2010, 07:14 AM
funny Aggies care more about Texas losing that they do about a big win by their own team

griff
11-14-2010, 08:41 AM
...should have made a bid for Cam Newton.

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2010, 08:48 AM
will end the season with the same record as North Texas.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Ags beating the bears tonight. Could care less if tu lost or won.

By the way, I am personnally 3-0 vs tu. Twice in Memorial.

navscanmaster
11-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
funny Aggies care more about Texas losing that they do about a big win by their own team

Funny that that is all we are hearing from UT fans with the Longhorns current losing way. I would normally not give two craps what they were doing, but in this case, it was detrimental to Ags' Big XII championship hopes for the Horns to lose. And as I said before, give me a Texas team win over the land thieves and their little brothers anyday.

DDBooger
11-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Funny that that is all we are hearing from UT fans with the Longhorns current losing way. I would normally not give two craps what they were doing, but in this case, it was detrimental to Ags' Big XII championship hopes for the Horns to lose. And as I said before, give me a Texas team win over the land thieves and their little brothers anyday. OSU did quite well vs Texas teams, better than UT-Norman. 2/3rd of the roster here are Texas kids. All my student athletes are from Texas. Guess that makes this UT-Stillwater. :D

slpybear the bullfan
11-14-2010, 10:12 PM
...we did the annual run to DKR and watched OSU beat em. That was a very depressed stadium in the second half. Hated to watch it but still had a wonderful time with friends.

The good thing is, UT may be down one year... but with the kick A recruiting we always have, a huge alumni and fan$$$ base, you can bet we will be back on top in no time.

:D

navscanmaster
11-15-2010, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
...we did the annual run to DKR and watched OSU beat em. That was a very depressed stadium in the second half. Hated to watch it but still had a wonderful time with friends.

The good thing is, UT may be down one year... but with the kick A recruiting we always have, a huge alumni and fan$$$ base, you can bet we will be back on top in no time.

Exactly. $$$ and influence cure all ills. Only question is will there still be a Big XII when they rise back up? The TV deal they are finalizing is boiling blood within the conference.....

NastySlot
11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
...are way down this season..........but will be back.

SintonPirateFan
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Cleveland browns draft a Texas qb and they are suddenly good. Dallas cowboys draft an a&m qb and they suck worse than usual.

A&m finally wins a few games and a bronze statue of mike sherman will be put up at kyle. Texas has a down year(after 9 years of 10-win seasons) and fans are ready to fire mack brown. So you tell me.....which team is really the "loser"?

slpybear the bullfan
11-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Exactly. $$$ and influence cure all ills. Only question is will there still be a Big XII when they rise back up? The TV deal they are finalizing is boiling blood within the conference.....

The TV deal they are finalizing is the price for keeping this conference together.

NastySlot
11-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
Cleveland browns draft a Texas qb and they are suddenly good. Dallas cowboys draft an a&m qb and they suck worse than usual.

A&m finally wins a few games and a bronze statue of mike sherman will be put up at kyle. Texas has a down year(after 9 years of 10-win seasons) and fans are ready to fire mack brown. So you tell me.....which team is really the "loser"?

this weak post has loser written all over it......and you probably put a lot of thought into this also.

you feel better now?

NastySlot
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

oh wait i'm sorry i went back reread your post...pretty open ended...cause you may actually be speaking about the orangebloods...who want to fire a pretty good coach..............so maybe disregard my previous post.

Old Tiger
11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
oh wait i'm sorry i went back reread your post...pretty open ended...cause you may actually be speaking about the orangebloods...who want to fire a pretty good coach..............so maybe disregard by previous post. I would just like Greg Davis and Mac McWhorter gone.

rojosgirl
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
There isn't a big enough band-aid to stop the bleeding in Austin.

:eek:

navscanmaster
11-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
The TV deal they are finalizing is the price for keeping this conference together.

Really? The Longhorn network, or BevoTV, or whatever it will be, is in addition to what the reworked Big XII TV contract lays out, and the revenue from it is exclusively UT's. I don't see this conference living too much longer. Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M all have big alumni and fan bases, which equals eyes glued to a tube in each of their areas (Kansas City/St. Louis, DFW/OKC, and Houston, and even San Antonio to a degree.) If they are not happy with the way the Longhorns are going about, there are big conferences such as the SEC and Big 10 that are ready to expand their markets.

Now I am not saying that Texas is bad for doing it. They have the power, program, and fan base to pull off whatever they want to. But to think that the other schools will just do whatever Texas does to bask in their glow is ridiculous. Nebraska decided the Big XII was not for them anymore and bolted quickly. Not much stopping the other big players from bolting either. Sad too, because where does it leave schools like OSU and Tech? WAC, CUSA, Sun Belt? Who knows.

eagleqb_14
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
... are going to get the first pick in the draft. :) :clap: :clap:

slpybear the bullfan
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Really? The Longhorn network, or BevoTV, or whatever it will be, is in addition to what the reworked Big XII TV contract lays out, and the revenue from it is exclusively UT's. I don't see this conference living too much longer. Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M all have big alumni and fan bases, which equals eyes glued to a tube in each of their areas (Kansas City/St. Louis, DFW/OKC, and Houston, and even San Antonio to a degree.) If they are not happy with the way the Longhorns are going about, there are big conferences such as the SEC and Big 10 that are ready to expand their markets.

Now I am not saying that Texas is bad for doing it. They have the power, program, and fan base to pull off whatever they want to. But to think that the other schools will just do whatever Texas does to bask in their glow is ridiculous. Nebraska decided the Big XII was not for them anymore and bolted quickly. Not much stopping the other big players from bolting either. Sad too, because where does it leave schools like OSU and Tech? WAC, CUSA, Sun Belt? Who knows.

If the Big 12 was to survive another year, then Texas had to be in it. And if the Iowa States, Baylor's, etc. of the world want their piece of Big FBS Conference Revenue, then they understand what role the Longhorn Network plays for UT, and ultimately for them.

NastySlot
11-16-2010, 02:29 PM
texas needs the big xii.........if they had to go to another conference they would be just another good team.......in the big xii texas just has to beat ou and they have a chance at the title...go to the sec...and it gets brutal each week....but wait there's not enough tier I schools in the sec.....so they re to scared to go there....the pac 10...yeah better academics....but wait now oregon, osu, cal and stanford are on the rise they might be too tough to beat ....stay in big xii and beat up those guys....sounds good.

by way i spoke with two guys in two different sports (sid) depts when all this disbanding talk was taking place...and they told a different story of who was working to keep things in place.

i love it that baylor, a&m, osu, missouri are on the rise...just maybe the big xii will become competitive in football...not just men's and women's basketball and baseball.