PDA

View Full Version : TAMU vs baylor

coach
11-13-2010, 07:31 PM
BAY 10 ATM 7

Baylor got away with a huge face mask on 4th down and scored the next pla. Aggies return the kickoff for a TD

bp80884
11-13-2010, 07:32 PM
This is going to be crazy! Go Bears And Aggies.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2010, 07:34 PM
GO AGS!

And yes, that was indeed a facemask.

gobbler grad
11-13-2010, 07:59 PM
got a ballgame now...wtg Aggies...:clap:

44INAROW
11-13-2010, 08:04 PM
this is a good game - we are switching between So Carolina/Florida and A&M and Baylor

coach
11-13-2010, 08:15 PM
this officiating is awful in baylors favor they have missed 4 calls

neck_06
11-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by coach

+1 and I don't usually complain about officials..

squid
11-13-2010, 08:36 PM

did I somehow stumble over to Texags.com?

neck_06
11-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by squid

No, turn on the tv. FoxSports. See for yourself. Good call on the hold right there tho..

neck_06
11-13-2010, 08:39 PM
A&M has scored 3 times already on this drive.. :doh: :doh:

neck_06
11-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Make that 4. Great drive. Now we need a stop.

Baylor 30
Texas A&M 21

coach
baylor cant stop atm...only the officials

MesquiteFan
Whatever you do, don't listen to Dave South on the Texas A&M Radio Network. He is the Rocket of Texas A&M :D except I think Rocket might be a better broadcaster...

neck_06
11-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
Make that 4. Great drive. Now we need a stop.

Baylor 30
Texas A&M 21

PS - That was the EXACT formation A&M lined up in on the second "illegal man downfield" penalty. Ref either blew it earlier or someone didn't check with him..

coach
11-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by squid

missed facemask missed hold (scored next play) ans stopped them twice on 3rd and 4th and inches....

neck_06
11-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Porter just got cheapshotted...

neck_06
11-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Just a btw....I hate Baylor more than any institution in America.

coach
11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
great play by the punter for baylor

neck_06
11-13-2010, 09:36 PM
HOLY SHEET!!! WHAT A CATCH!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bwdaggie
11-13-2010, 10:49 PM
GIG 'EM AGS!!!!!!!:2thumbsup

navscanmaster
11-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Ags beat the Bears and the Big XII officiating conspiracy tonight. You knew that with Baylor still in the hunt and RGIII getting his official Heisman hype, the Big XII wouldn't want to let the only real opportunity for good PR in this league this year slip away. Ags scored three TDs on one drive and had the first two called back on borderline calls. I am just glad that the defense came to play in the second half. Officiating had nothing to do with the whooping the O-Line of Baylor was doing to the Ags, or the poor tackling. A&M is still in the hunt for the Big XII south, but with the OSU win at Texas tonight, that means OU needs to retain their dominance against little brother, but not by too many points.;)

FB-fanatic
11-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Just got back from the game. Wow! 21 unanswered second half points. Shut RGIII down. Everyone was chanting "CREW"! With on minute-thirty secs left, and TAMU finally had it in the bag, someone looked up and said "look at that".... the opposite side, the home side, was completely empty of Gold. Only remaining was approx 25% of the home side loaded with remaining Aggie maroon fans!

Yes, the calls were difficult to take. The field goal block return was right in front of us, but difficult to call. I assume the tape showed it clearly.

Anyway, was a great game to attend with both my boys, one of whom picked up we went down yesterday to watch him pick up his ring.

bandera7
11-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Game was fun to watch. Initially thought Fredrick got in on the blocked FG but he honestly missed it by over a foot.

Tannehill has looked incredible. Lets see if he can keep it up in front of an anticipated new World Record Student Attendance crowd vs. Nebraska.

Cyrus Gray and Michael being together in the backfield next year will be sick. Previous to Michael's injury, Gray wasnt getting any real touches. Nice to see him prove himself now.

eagles_victory
11-14-2010, 04:04 AM
Anybody that thought Rob G had a legit Heisman shot is nuts no way he was even going to get an invite to New York.

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Legit call on Blacked FG before half. Knee was down.

All I have to say is "BOOM!" "RELOAD!"

1st and goal
11-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Yah, I was a bit worried in the 1st half, but the fighting Texas Aggies ended up beating the bears and the Refs...:doh: :doh: :doh:

one of the things I noticed was favorable placement of the ball after the pile of bodies got up. One was RG3 was held back by at least 2 feet but they gave them the 1st down spot...:mad:

Daddy D 11
11-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Just a btw....I hate Baylor more than any institution in America.

lol why?

navscanmaster
11-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
lol why?

I am LOL at that one too. The University is a great institution, and is a huge player in the medical field. As far as athletics go, I have been noticing that in the past decade, they have had a lot of negative press against their football and basketball players. There was the tragic, and now the recent run ins with the law. It is really far less than say UT, and about on par with A&M. The irony is that at a Baptist school, violence and drinking/drugs should be more seriously enforced, IMO. But overall, no hostility toward Baylor from me. The refs last night, now thats a different story.:mad:

neck_06
11-14-2010, 07:49 PM
lol why?

Sorry, should have said "Athletic Department" instead of institution.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2010, 08:07 PM
lol why?
What the heck happened? :(

Daddy D 11
11-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Sorry, should have said "Athletic Department" instead of institution.

Alright, why the Athletic Department?

neck_06
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Alright, why the Athletic Department?

I played against Baylor around 16 times during my 4 year career at Texas A&M and every time I played them my disdain for them grew. For starters, they were always the "top-recruits" who underachieved due to a lack of hustle, work-ethic, etc. They always complained, trash talked, etc, before, during, and after the game; even when they were getting whipped. But I would have to say that the main reason I can't stand Baylor is that they disrespect the game. They simply don't play hard. They don't run out everything, they don't take the extra base, they don't dive when a ball is just out of reach, and that always drove me insane. Basically they were the exact opposite of everything we stood for at A&M.

I've also noticed some of these characteristics in Baylor's basketball and football programs, but not nearly as bad.

coach
11-14-2010, 11:43 PM
I played against Baylor around 16 times during my 4 year career at Texas A&M and every time I played them my disdain for them grew. For starters, they were always the "top-recruits" who underachieved due to a lack of hustle, work-ethic, etc. They always complained, trash talked, etc, before, during, and after the game; even when they were getting whipped. But I would have to say that the main reason I can't stand Baylor is that they disrespect the game. They simply don't play hard. They don't run out everything, they don't take the extra base, they don't dive when a ball is just out of reach, and that always drove me insane. Basically they were the exact opposite of everything we stood for at A&M.

I've also noticed some of these characteristics in Baylor's basketball and football programs, but not nearly as bad.

no they just shoot each other in the basketball program

Daddy D 11
11-15-2010, 12:30 AM
clear your PMs necks..

sahen
11-15-2010, 10:22 AM
from a baylor fans perspective that game was sickening...we gave up 17 points on special teams and should have won the game...our field goal kicker who had been pretty much lights out this year missed 2 field goals, got one blocked, and missed an extra point then add a kickoff return for a touchdown on top of that and you have the difference in the game...that is unacceptable..

that said this year has been a big improvement on years past and hopefully they are doing like the basketball team and improving one step at a time...the team is young and we still have 2 more years with Griffin so we got a chance to really improve in the next couple years...

sahen
11-15-2010, 10:23 AM

when did you play at A&M?

oldtownag
11-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by sahen
from a baylor fans perspective that game was sickening...we gave up 17 points on special teams and should have won the game...our field goal kicker who had been pretty much lights out this year missed 2 field goals, got one blocked, and missed an extra point then add a kickoff return for a touchdown on top of that and you have the difference in the game...that is unacceptable..

that said this year has been a big improvement on years past and hopefully they are doing like the basketball team and improving one step at a time...the team is young and we still have 2 more years with Griffin so we got a chance to really improve in the next couple years...

2 half's - 2 different games. - Pretty much everything went right for Baylor and wrong for A&M in the 1st half. Opposite in the 2nd. Aggie coaches did an awesome job adjusting the defense to stop the run in the 2nd half.

NastySlot
11-15-2010, 10:38 AM

Baylor is has really stepped it up in football to finally catch up to the sports( success breds success)....Glad to see it and you are right you all will improve and become a legit contender for top recruits and the conference title.

I have always felt the big xii is a joke just two schools ou and texas and the winner between those two will be conference champion.............good to see osu, atm and baylor on the rise...tech will also get it together and we might just have a football conference......to go along with a men's and women's basketball conference and a baseball conference.

NastySlot
11-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
2 half's - 2 different games. - Pretty much everything went right for Baylor and wrong for A&M in the 1st half. Opposite in the 2nd. Aggie coaches did an awesome job adjusting the defense to stop the run in the 2nd half.

Exactly.

coach
11-15-2010, 10:46 AM
ags d shut down rg111 in the 2nd half....imo rog3 quit...looked like he had no fight...he was constantly brought down with arm tackles...i have said it once and ill say it again...he is overrated....a solid player but not quite legit like most baylor fans thinks he is. with that being said he is still young and has 2 years left and hopefully he improve and become the greatest qb in baylor history

NastySlot
11-15-2010, 10:53 AM
ags d shut down rg111 in the 2nd half....imo rog3 quit...looked like he had no fight...he was constantly brought down with arm tackles...i have said it once and ill say it again...he is overrated....a solid player but not quite legit like most baylor fans thinks he is. with that being said he is still young and has 2 years left and hopefully he improve and become the greatest qb in baylor history

don't know if he quit but he sure was abused in the second half.

coach
11-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
don't know if he quit but he sure was abused in the second half.

he just looked like he didnt have the same fire he did in the first half...seemed to go down easier and easier as the game went on

neck_06
11-15-2010, 07:59 PM
clear your PMs necks..

cleared..

neck_06
11-15-2010, 07:59 PM
when did you play at A&M?

Fall 2006 - Spring 2010

neck_06
11-15-2010, 08:01 PM
he just looked like he didnt have the same fire he did in the first half...seemed to go down easier and easier as the game went on

See my post above about the Baylor Athletic Department (i.e. - the part about not playing hard). ;)

Red Bull
11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
My issue is not with the institition or the athletic dept. My issue is with the fans. You beat them for years in most all sports that are relevant and you go about your business with class. They hop up and win once or twice and you see bu fans everywhere that think they own you. I guess that is from being cellar dwellar for so long. I hear in Austin there were chants of "we own this place" and "this is our house" and they hadn't won there since 1991. Too funny. I know most of it is the younger generation, but still rediculous.

Try winning and act like you have done it before. Ooops I forgot. They hadn't.

Also, Baylor needs to get on their knees and thank A&M for keeping the Big XII (soon to be little X) together. Had A&M not, then Baylor would be in Conference USA with Houston and the like.

sahen
11-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Fall 2006 - Spring 2010

i agree those teams did play w/o a lot of heart...dunno what happened there since in 2005 they were in Omaha...

sahen
11-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
My issue is not with the institition or the athletic dept. My issue is with the fans. You beat them for years in most all sports that are relevant and you go about your business with class. They hop up and win once or twice and you see bu fans everywhere that think they own you. I guess that is from being cellar dwellar for so long. I hear in Austin there were chants of "we own this place" and "this is our house" and they hadn't won there since 1991. Too funny. I know most of it is the younger generation, but still rediculous.

Try winning and act like you have done it before. Ooops I forgot. They hadn't.

Also, Baylor needs to get on their knees and thank A&M for keeping the Big XII (soon to be little X) together. Had A&M not, then Baylor would be in Conference USA with Houston and the like.

i think this is funny...esp. considering most baylor fans would say certain teams have beat us w/ anything but class for years and that what they get they had coming....what baylor fans enjoy more than anything is when other people hate us cause when we are baylor that just loses then everyone is like hey baylor is alright no problem there...but all of a sudden we start winning and its "baylor is cheating", "baylor has horrible fans", etc...it is funny to us that no one can seem to fathom the idea that maybe baylor has started to figure it out and are turning it around...it is like they expect us to stay a punching bag forever...

navscanmaster
11-17-2010, 11:23 PM
i think this is funny...esp. considering most baylor fans would say certain teams have beat us w/ anything but class for years and that what they get they had coming....what baylor fans enjoy more than anything is when other people hate us cause when we are baylor that just loses then everyone is like hey baylor is alright no problem there...but all of a sudden we start winning and its "baylor is cheating", "baylor has horrible fans", etc...it is funny to us that no one can seem to fathom the idea that maybe baylor has started to figure it out and are turning it around...it is like they expect us to stay a punching bag forever...

I don't know about staying a punching bag forever, but Baylor is not even 10% where they need to be for long lasting success in football. They have gotten a taste of success this year. They still have a big home game and a bowl appearance to improve their image. They will be as good next year at least, but should be much improved. That is where you have to hope that recruits are watching. Maybe some of the better recruits that normally pick a TCU or A&M over Texas/LSU/OU will see where they can help a bad defense and get immediate playing time. I don't think they will be reigning in any 5 stars anytime soon. Not that 5 stars really are that much better than 4 stars and 3 stars, but when you are signing them, it means you are doing something right on the field. When Baylor gets to that point, you know that they will have arrived.

Daddy D 11
11-17-2010, 11:39 PM

lol. He got an official heisman letter, they don't hand those out to overrated individuals.

If you think he was brought down with arm tackles its prolly due to the fact that he doesn't want to get injured, he's still playing with a knee thats torn apart.. trust me, i know.

Emerson1
11-17-2010, 11:52 PM
He is still better then Jerrod Johnson and probably Pryor too.

Remember he does play for Baylor and has almost no support around him.

neck_06
11-18-2010, 04:26 AM

If you think he was brought down with arm tackles its prolly due to the fact that he doesn't want to get injured

There's that good ole Baylor grit and toughness I was talking about earlier... :rolleyes:

coach
11-18-2010, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He is still better then Jerrod Johnson and probably Pryor too.

Remember he does play for Baylor and has almost no support around him.

ill take a healthy jarrod over him any day of the week

neck_06
11-18-2010, 04:32 AM

And twice on SUNDAY

Red Bull
11-18-2010, 07:43 AM
RGIII is nothing more than a track star in a football uniform. Once the Ags shut down the middle and forced Baylor into passing situations (like OSU did the week before and OU will do this week) in the 2nd half it was all over for the Bears. The pressure the Ags front seven brought against an O- line that was supposed to be very good just made RGIII look mediocre at best. And thus the zero points in the 2nd half.

And I keep hearing from Baylor faithful that the game would have been different if we hadn't missed those 3 FG's and 1 XP. Well you did and one was blocked by the Ags. If we want to play the "if and but" game, then the Ags had like 3 TD's called back for one thing or another and not getting in the endzone before the half on the blocked FG. And lastly, the Ags were inside the 10 and took a knee at the end of the game. It could have easily been like 63-30 so those 3 FG's / 1 XP wouldn't have mattered at all.

As for Jerrod Johnson, he was preseason All Big XII QB / Offensive Player of the Year pick by most all media outlets. That was chosen over RGIII. It is just very unfortunate that there is something wrong with his shoulder this his final season. The scope done on it did more damage than good in my opinion. Hopefully this gets fixed and he has shot at NFL career.

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2010, 07:46 AM
RGIII is completing 66% of his passes with 22 TDs and 7 ints..That IMO shows he is not a track star in a uniform.

Does he need to improve areas of his game, of course but the dude is a pretty darn good QB already

sahen
11-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
RGIII is completing 66% of his passes with 22 TDs and 7 ints..That IMO shows he is not a track star in a uniform.

Does he need to improve areas of his game, of course but the dude is a pretty darn good QB already

and he is also just a redshirt sophomore...if he played for Aggie they would be pumping him as the next guy to win 2 heismans and lead them to back to back undefeated championship years the next 2...he plays for baylor so aggie says "he aint any good..." ::rolls eyes::...the guy isn't a superstar yet but he has 2 years left to play and he is a good QB...

sahen
11-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't know about staying a punching bag forever, but Baylor is not even 10% where they need to be for long lasting success in football. They have gotten a taste of success this year. They still have a big home game and a bowl appearance to improve their image. They will be as good next year at least, but should be much improved. That is where you have to hope that recruits are watching. Maybe some of the better recruits that normally pick a TCU or A&M over Texas/LSU/OU will see where they can help a bad defense and get immediate playing time. I don't think they will be reigning in any 5 stars anytime soon. Not that 5 stars really are that much better than 4 stars and 3 stars, but when you are signing them, it means you are doing something right on the field. When Baylor gets to that point, you know that they will have arrived.

i never said we are where we should be or even want to be...however where we are this year is leaps and bounds better than where we have been the past 15 years...you have to crawl before you walk and Briles is recruiting better than our past coaches...hopefully they can get a defensive coordinator that can put some resemblence of a defense on the field so we can make the next step...

NastySlot
11-18-2010, 11:38 AM
and he is also just a redshirt sophomore...if he played for Aggie they would be pumping him as the next guy to win 2 heismans and lead them to back to back undefeated championship years the next 2...he plays for baylor so aggie says "he aint any good..." ::rolls eyes::...the guy isn't a superstar yet but he has 2 years left to play and he is a good QB...

i'm an aggie an I know he's good and a very good person. I also know as long as he's the Baylor qb he gives the bears a chance to beat anyone.

3afan
11-18-2010, 11:47 AM

LOL - nice aTm loyalty

navscanmaster
11-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
LOL - nice aTm loyalty

Hmmm. I am a very open minded person when it comes to player comparisons. I try to step away from the "homer" mentality as much as possible. I believe I take a healthy Jerrod over Griffin III as well. That shoulder surgery, combined with the coaches tweaking his throwing mechanics in the summer, really ruined a good year. I know we all live in the moment and all, though, LOL. Body of work is outstanding overall, man. 60% career completion percentage, 8011 passing yards in two and a half seasons. He was still averaging over three hundred yards passing per game this year. After a year with 28 TDs and 6 INTs, including a Big XII record for completions without an INT last season, he threw 9 INTs this year. 5 against OSU, and 4 against ARK. Thats five other games this year without an INT when you look at it.
Griffin III is going to be a record breaking QB and probably a NFL player when his time comes. But if you are looking at right now, Jerrod is a better QB. Opinions don't have to be based on homerism.

sahen
11-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i'm an aggie an I know he's good and a very good person. I also know as long as he's the Baylor qb he gives the bears a chance to beat anyone.

this is the way most Bears feel as well...

Lucky2Coach
11-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Jerrod Johnson is a great athlete, but not a good football player (at least this year, and that is all that matters).

With a healthy Griffin, Baylor is an average football team (and he is the best player they have had in 20 years), but without him Baylor stinks. I don't see even the Almighty Art Briles getting a kid like Griffin to come to Baylor very often, so I think mediocre is about the best the Bears can hope for. When Griffin leaves, Briles will seek new employment, even though his contract his very solid.

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Body of work is outstanding overall, man. 60% career completion percentage, 8011 passing yards in two and a half seasons. He was still averaging over three hundred yards passing per game this year. After a year with 28 TDs and 6 INTs, including a Big XII record for completions without an INT last season, he threw 9 INTs this year. 5 against OSU, and 4 against ARK. Thats five other games this year without an INT when you look at it.

RG III has 5643 yads passing 65 % 39 TDs 9 Ints in only 26 games to go along with his 1428 yds on the ground and 23 TDs.

I never thought RG III would step in and be as good of a passer as he has been

sahen
11-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Jerrod Johnson is a great athlete, but not a good football player (at least this year, and that is all that matters).

With a healthy Griffin, Baylor is an average football team (and he is the best player they have had in 20 years), but without him Baylor stinks. I don't see even the Almighty Art Briles getting a kid like Griffin to come to Baylor very often, so I think mediocre is about the best the Bears can hope for. When Griffin leaves, Briles will seek new employment, even though his contract his very solid.

Briles recruiting is better than his predecessors...w/ 2 more years of Griffin he may be able to turn us into a decent program...

i do find this one man army thing kinda funny...our starting runningback has over 1000 yards this year with a game left to go plus the bowl...

navscanmaster
11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
RG III has 5643 yads passing 65 % 39 TDs 9 Ints in only 26 games to go along with his 1428 yds on the ground and 23 TDs.

I never thought RG III would step in and be as good of a passer as he has been

Jerrod only started in 30 career games.

In 2008, Stephen McGee started the Arkansas St. debacle, was injured two games, and started against Army, but was reinjured IIRC and made way for Jerrod.

2008 - 10 starts
2009 - 13 starts
2010 - 7 starts

As I said before, never mind what the guy has done in his career. He had two bad games this year and is no longer a good football player.:doh:

Emerson1
11-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Jerrod has shoulder issues, RGIII wasn't able to walk half of the off season. I think it evens out.

oldtownag
11-18-2010, 07:57 PM
You are BAYLOR. You can't change that. You might get a win against the big boys now and then. However, you are BAYLOR and success is fleeting.

neck_06
11-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Jerrod has shoulder issues, RGIII wasn't able to walk half of the off season. I think it evens out.

Are we talking track stars or quarterbacks? :rolleyes:

Emerson1
11-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Are we talking track stars or quarterbacks? :rolleyes:
So quarterbacks don't need to be in peak physical shape, especially one that has running as a threat? Nice logic there.

Daddy D 11
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
So quarterbacks don't need to be in peak physical shape, especially one that has running as a threat? Nice logic there.

LOL yeah throwing on one knee is just as easy as throwing on two, you didn't know that?

Old Tiger
11-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Jerrod's biggest problem is he likes to stay on Northgate too much

Daddy D 11
11-18-2010, 09:04 PM
There's that good ole Baylor grit and toughness I was talking about earlier... :rolleyes:

That's exactly like you blowing your arm out, rehabbing for an entire year to get back, and then not exactly letting it loose on the mound because you're still timid to hurt it again. Are you all the sudden a wuss just because you won't let it go on the mound? No, no you are not. It's funny, people act like with a torn knee they would go balls to wall because they're such hardasses and what not.

And for being a track star, he sure as hell puts up some good passing numbers???

He's five times the athlete any of us are on a bum knee, I'd bet that "any day of the week".

neck_06
11-18-2010, 10:21 PM
That's exactly like you blowing your arm out, rehabbing for an entire year to get back, and then not exactly letting it loose on the mound because you're still timid to hurt it again. Are you all the sudden a wuss just because you won't let it go on the mound? No, no you are not. It's funny, people act like with a torn knee they would go balls to wall because they're such hardasses and what not.

And for being a track star, he sure as hell puts up some good passing numbers???

He's five times the athlete any of us are on a bum knee, I'd bet that "any day of the week".

I've known lots of guys that have blown arms....they let it go. I promise. If anything guys try to let it go too soon. Thats the difference between college and high school. In high school you might be a little timid and/or scared, in college there is no time to hold back. I would put money on the fact that RGIII ISN'T holding of being "gunshy" while he's out there. If he is, he's doing himself and his team an injustice.

PS - Don't come at me with the "blow out your arm" stuff like you need to "dumb it down" for me. I've played and understand the game of football just as well as baseball.. Thanks and gig em.

neck_06
11-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Jerrod's biggest problem is he likes to stay on Northgate too much

Doesn't drink tho.. Which is a plus..

Daddy D 11
11-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
Hopefully this gets fixed and he has shot at NFL career.

Heard from people that were at the Manning camp this summer that Jerrod had an awful showing there, said his arm strength and accuracy were the worst there and that most NFL scouts left saying if he wants to make a roster it'd be as a tight end. I'm not saying I agree with that, but a person that was there in person at the camp told me that that was the word around camp.

Daddy D 11
11-18-2010, 10:27 PM
I've known lots of guys that have blown arms....they let it go. I promise. If anything guys try to let it go too soon. Thats the difference between college and high school. In high school you might be a little timid and/or scared, in college there is no time to hold back. I would put money on the fact that RGIII ISN'T holding of being "gunshy" while he's out there. If he is, he's doing himself and his team an injustice.

PS - Don't come at me with the "blow out your arm" stuff like you need to "dumb it down" for me. I've played and understand the game of football just as well as baseball.. Thanks and gig em.

So all the sudden human nature is thrown out the window in college but not in high school? It's human nature, subconsciously you are going to favor something that still hasn't healed all the way, it's in the back of your mind whether you want it there or not.

Just putting it in perspective for those that might be lacking. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

neck_06
11-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Heard from people that were at the Manning camp this summer that Jerrod had an awful showing there, said his arm strength and accuracy were the worst there and that most NFL scouts left saying if he wants to make a roster it'd be as a tight end. I'm not saying I agree with that, but a person that was there in person at the camp told me that that was the word around camp.

Those same scouts said the year prior that he had THE BEST showing of all QBs there.. I know that was last year and its a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately system, I just wanted to point out that the potential is there. If he can get healthy by the combine (which will be tough: shoulder surgery usually takes 12-18 months to get to 100% IF YOU EVER GET THERE) he'll be a top 3 round pick.

neck_06
11-18-2010, 10:29 PM
So all the sudden human nature is thrown out the window in college but not in high school? It's human nature, subconsciously you are going to favor something that still hasn't healed all the way, it's in the back of your mind whether you want it there or not.

Just putting it in perspective for those that might be lacking. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I understand the whole "human nature" thing (believe me, i've been there) but as soon as the lights come on all that goes out the window, or else he wouldn't be out there. He sure looked pretty good in the first half....

And I'm wearing boxers. ;) Lol

coach
11-19-2010, 02:37 AM
30 tds 8 ints 3500 passing yards last year...yea rg111 is better lol...like i said rg111 is overrated and ill take a healthy jj over him...hell ill take tannehill over rg...atleast he doesnt quit

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2010, 02:42 AM
30 tds 8 ints 3500 passing yards last year...yea rg111 is better lol...like i said rg111 is overrated and ill take a healthy jj over him...hell ill take tannehill over rg...atleast he doesnt quit

uhh that is about where RG III will finish

he is sitting at 3,071 yards 22 TDs 7 ints..also completiting 66% of passes compared to JJ completiting 59% in that 3500 30 TD season

And I like JJ as well, I just think it is crazy to say RGIII is that overrated and JJ is so much better

Old Tiger
11-19-2010, 02:47 AM

RG3

College awards and honors

* 2008 Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year (as selected by the league's coaches[10] and the media[11][12][13])
* 2008 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (received honor for the week of September 7–14, 2008; Griffin led the Bears to a 45–17 victory over Washington State on September 12, breaking various school records in the process[14])
* 2008 Sporting News[15] and Rivals.com[16] freshman first team All-American

JJ

# 2009 Consensus second-team All-Big 12 selection

RG3 is still a starting QB I'd take that over a guy who played crappy and lost his spot.

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Jerrod only started in 30 career games.

In 2008, Stephen McGee started the Arkansas St. debacle, was injured two games, and started against Army, but was reinjured IIRC and made way for Jerrod.

2008 - 10 starts
2009 - 13 starts
2010 - 7 starts

As I said before, never mind what the guy has done in his career. He had two bad games this year and is no longer a good football player.:doh:

I personally dont think JJ is bad, I think he shoulder never healed..all I am saying is RGIII is not just a track star and JJ is not miles and miles better than him.

Old Tiger
11-19-2010, 02:49 AM
Doesn't drink tho.. Which is a plus.. still for a starting QB that is not something you want....
~edited~

3afan
11-19-2010, 06:37 AM
~edited~

:eek:

3afan
11-19-2010, 06:38 AM
...it is crazy to say RGIII is that overrated and JJ is so much better

bottm line right there

Red Bull
11-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Daddy D 11,

How did RGIII look in the second half last Saturday. I saw someone who was either hurt or acting hurt after just about every play. He got pounded.

I take back my track star comment. A track star would have run away from some of the slow LB's and DL's that were pounding him.

By the way, who did Baylor beat that is any good this year? Texas? Yeah right. Keep telling yourself that.

NastySlot
11-19-2010, 09:20 AM
still for a starting QB that is not something you want....
~edited~

Really?.....I heard the kid has been study film since he was little...........before his father became a principal he was a coach....so jj was watching film for a while.

people always talk about the effect his injury has had....i sometimes wonder how much losing his father as factored into this.

sic'em
11-19-2010, 09:21 AM
wow this sounds like texags. jj better than rg3? landing white chicks? unbelievable.

NastySlot
11-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by sic'em
wow this sounds like texags. jj better than rg3? landing white chicks? unbelievable.

speaking of txags..........two good topics to look at the weekly girls of (the school playing that week) Nebraska is good and if you want a laugh check the Nebraska look alikes threads.

navscanmaster
11-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by sic'em

This is getting stupid. I personally have not said anything about RGIII being overrated. He is the most electric quarterback, and probably player overall, that has ever worn a Baylor uniform. He can pass well and run with the best of the dual threats out there. My issue is with defending Jerrod. To most of you on here, because he is an Aggie, you discount his accomplishments. If he were a Longhorn QB, he would be defended without question. There is a certain NFL player out there that has his number retired at DKR that went through a few stretches of bad play, and had his toughness come in question many times in his career. I don't see anybody discounting his accomplishments.

NastySlot
11-19-2010, 09:57 AM
This is getting stupid. I personally have not said anything about RGIII being overrated. He is the most electric quarterback, and probably player overall, that has ever worn a Baylor uniform. He can pass well and run with the best of the dual threats out there. My issue is with defending Jerrod. To most of you on here, because he is an Aggie, you discount his accomplishments. If he were a Longhorn QB, he would be defended without question. There is a certain NFL player out there that has his number retired at DKR that went through a few stretches of bad play, and had his toughness come in question many times in his career. I don't see anybody discounting his accomplishments.

good post.

Lucky2Coach
11-19-2010, 10:26 AM
still for a starting QB that is not something you want....
~edited~

That is a racist comment, and I think it should be taken off the board!!!

Old Tiger
11-19-2010, 10:33 AM
That is a racist comment, and I think it should be taken off the board!!! ~edited~

NastySlot
11-19-2010, 10:36 AM
~edited~

you could of probably said........girls.

Lucky2Coach
11-19-2010, 10:42 AM
~edited~

Because if it would have been a white player hitting on white girls, you would have said "girls". You meant it with negative context when you said "White girls" because Jerrod Johnson is black. If you defend your comment, then you will make yourself look worse. Just apologize and move on please.

coach
11-19-2010, 10:52 AM
~edited~

1. how do you know this?

2. good for him...he is having fun and trying to find a relationship. whats so bad about going to bars and picking up women lol i guess as a teasipper you are so use to the football players not being able to pick up women

coach
11-19-2010, 10:55 AM
RG3

College awards and honors

* 2008 Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year (as selected by the league's coaches[10] and the media[11][12][13])
* 2008 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (received honor for the week of September 7–14, 2008; Griffin led the Bears to a 45–17 victory over Washington State on September 12, breaking various school records in the process[14])
* 2008 Sporting News[15] and Rivals.com[16] freshman first team All-American

JJ

# 2009 Consensus second-team All-Big 12 selection

RG3 is still a starting QB I'd take that over a guy who played crappy and lost his spot.

63 tds 8888 total yards...prob the best qb ever to where a atm jersey...

coach
11-19-2010, 10:57 AM
~edited~

Old Tiger
11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Because if it would have been a white player hitting on white girls, you would have said "girls". You meant it with negative context when you said "White girls" because Jerrod Johnson is black. If you defend your comment, then you will make yourself look worse. Just apologize and move on please.
~edited~

1. how do you know this?

2. ~edited~

2) You're funny/ridiculous....I see what you did there

[QUOTE]Originally posted by coach
[B]63 tds 8888 total yards...prob the best qb ever to where a atm jersey... That isn't saying much

~edited~
~edited~

coach
11-19-2010, 11:05 AM
im still waitng for jj's ~edited~ buddy to come in here and talk about how hard he works

DDBooger
11-19-2010, 11:05 AM
~edited~
Are you threatened by the black man? lol

:p

Old Tiger
11-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Are you threatened by the black man? lol

:p nah I'm content with my relationship that I have now :D