PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 12 GotW: WO-S (8-2) Vs. Brookshire Royal (8-3)

R3Editor
11-13-2010, 11:45 AM
WO-S Vs. Brookshire Royal

WO-S(5-0/8-2)

27-Aug @Nederland W 40-19
03-Sep @Friendswood L 35-34
17-Sep Jasper W 27-6
25-Sep Giddings CANCELED
01-Oct Kirbyville L 28-14
08-Oct @Hams-Fannett* W 63-0
15-Oct Orangefield* W 41-14
22-Oct @Bridge City* W 28-0
29-Oct Silsbee* W 36-8
05-Nov @Hardin Jefferson* W 70-0
12-Nov Liberty W 63-7

Brookshire Royal(2-2/8-3)

27-Aug Wharton W 40-28
03-Sep @Giddings W 34-31
10-Sep Cleveland W 39-6
17-Sep Hempstead W 32-14
24-Sep @Sweeny W 39-25
01-Oct Caldwell L 21-15
15-Oct Stafford* W 28-6
22-Oct @Columbus* L 29-20
29-Oct Bellville* W 34-0
05-Nov @Sealy* L 44-42
12-Nov Giddings W 20-13

GiddingsFan
11-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Where will they play?

20FAN07
11-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Game Fri. 7:30 pm at The Woodlands College Park

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
Game Fri. 7:30 pm at The Woodlands College Park

Woodforest Stadium?

BRfalconfan
11-13-2010, 03:06 PM
are you sure about the date? Heard it was set for Sat.

pirate4state
11-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
are you sure about the date? Heard it was set for Sat. Saturday would be AWESOME. Please, please be Saturday :D

WOS87
11-13-2010, 03:34 PM
According to the Orange Leader the game will be next Saturday at Woodforest Stadium in The Woodlands at 7 p.m.

Click here --->LINK (http://orangeleader.com/hssports/x1071086255/WO-S-blows-past-Libery-63-7)

WOS87
11-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Just got an update that the stadium was already booked for Saturday and the game will actually be played at Woodforest Stadium on Friday at 7:30pm.

...and for those who don't remember:

WO-S 33, Royal 7 in 2008
WO-S 49, Royal 6 in 2009

Good luck to both! I have a feeling this year the score will be a little closer.
;) :)

pirate4state
11-13-2010, 05:02 PM
:( dang it :mad:

trojandad
11-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
According to the Orange Leader the game will be next Saturday at Woodforest Stadium in The Woodlands at 7 p.m.

Click here --->LINK (http://orangeleader.com/hssports/x1071086255/WO-S-blows-past-Libery-63-7)

good, our game is on friday.......so if i'm lucky......:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

setxsports
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
WO-S/Brookshire Friday 7:30.

Mojado
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
WOS by 3 TD's... I'll explain as soon as the Royal faithful start talkin trash...

Renegade
11-13-2010, 10:59 PM
3 tds? Really? Please elaborate.

WOS87
11-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Renegade
3 tds? Really? Please elaborate.

Well we won by 6 and 4 tds the past two years respectively... and you beat a tougher Giddings team by a larger margin last year (they were 9-1 in 2009 when BR faced them)

:stirpot:

BRfalconfan
11-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Well we won by 6 and 4 tds the past two years respectively... and you beat a tougher Giddings team by a larger margin last year

:stirpot:

With all do respect WOS is a good team the first time we played y'all won by talent and y'all were good but last year was a different story. There were many kids out with the flu and key players that could have made a difference in that game the game could have easily been 18 zip brookshire at the end of the first qt but it didn't and WOS won soundly this year will be different. Brookshire will come out with revenge on there mind and looking for a win to continue this play off run. Give me royal 34-28

WOS87
11-13-2010, 11:37 PM
With all do respect WOS is a good team the first time we played y'all won by talent and y'all were good but last year was a different story. There were many kids out with the flu and key players that could have made a difference in that game the game could have easily been 18 zip brookshire at the end of the first qt but it didn't and WOS won soundly this year will be different. Brookshire will come out with revenge on there mind and looking for a win to continue this play off run. Give me royal 34-28

Was waiting for the excuse... good luck to you. We still shut your RB down last year and HE didn't have the flu. WO-S is known for it's "Chain Gang" defense... not offense... and it's still 100% intact. We had a QB that died this year so WE will be coming out with a vengeance.... so there, we're even! It's just a game so let's keep it civil... If you guys win I will congratulate you with no hesitation.

Renegade
11-13-2010, 11:52 PM
West Orange will be the best team Royal has played this year. We will have to bring our best game to come out on top. With that being said, we still have the best running back in the state. Royal 31-30.

WOS87
11-13-2010, 11:53 PM
West Orange will be the best team Royal has played this year. We will have to bring our best game to come out on top. With that being said, we still have the best running back in the state. Royal 31-30.

Good luck! Look for the WOS87 jersey that I'll be wearing and would love to meet any of you guys in person. I may even sit over on the BR side on purpose so I can.

Mojado
11-13-2010, 11:56 PM

Thats funny... AGAIN.. no dogs in the race but have seen and kept up with both.

Royals OC gets nervous when #5 gets stopped and starts throwing out of panic.

He got away with that against Giddings but WOS is a diff story.

Cornell(he's the DC) has the athletes on D that Giddings does not.

Williams will be held to under 60 AGAIN. WOS sec will hold and that Royal D will be raped because Foreman(WOS OC) has the athletes to Run and Pass... Must spread the field and not have 9 men in the box...

No brainer... WOS 42 BR 7

Renegade
11-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Throwing out of panic, u must of not been at the game cause the Royal QB WAS 11-13 FOR 220 yards. One of those was a dropped pass so how is that throwing out of panic. You really know alot about football genious.

griff
11-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Good luck! Look for the WOS87 jersey that I'll be wearing and would love to meet any of you guys in person. I may even sit over on the BR side on purpose so I can.

Good, Chris. Maybe some of us WO-S faithful can finally meet you in person. I'll look for ya.

pirate4state
11-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Man, I really wish this game had been on Saturday :( Good Luck Mustangs!

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I guess since I have WOS winning it all, that means I should vote for WOS huh?

Even so, I'd kinda like to see Brookshire pull it out. :)

Lefty
11-14-2010, 04:17 PM
WOS can be run on. Kville did it this yr to their intact defense. I still think WOS wins this game but Royal has all the makings of a sleeper in this region. I wouldn't be surprised to Royal pull it out.

griff
11-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
WOS can be run on. Kville did it this yr to their intact defense. I still think WOS wins this game but Royal has all the makings of a sleeper in this region. I wouldn't be surprised to Royal pull it out.
Say what you want, but the Kirbyville/WO-S game is not a good gauge on the Mustang defense right now. I'm not taking anything away from Kirbyville's performance or their win. But, with that game being the first one after the tragic loss of our QB, we were not at 100% performance level. No team would be in that situation. The Kirbyville game seems so long ago at this point of the season, and the Mustangs have progressed leaps and bounds since then. The truth is our defense is very stingy against the run. If you're looking for a weakness on WO-S, run defense is not one of them.

trojandad
11-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Lefty

technically your right, kv ran on wos that night, but if that was my determination of their running defense i'd sure remember what happened a week before, that wos had no offense to speak of the week after losing their qb and the defense was on the field all night which let kv spring for some huge runs in the 4th....

it could happen again, but in hindsight i think coach hooks did great to not coach hard that night and try to salvage the season....ill bet if kv and wos meet again, coach alvarez doesn't expect to see the same rushing defense (or team for that matter) at all.....

Old Cardinal
11-14-2010, 06:02 PM
West Orange-Stark wins by 4 TDs.
They have one good team!

Lefty
11-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
technically your right, kv ran on wos that night, but if that was my determination of their running defense i'd sure remember what happened a week before, that wos had no offense to speak of the week after losing their qb and the defense was on the field all night which let kv spring for some huge runs in the 4th....

it could happen again, but in hindsight i think coach hooks did great to not coach hard that night and try to salvage the season....ill bet if kv and wos meet again, coach alvarez doesn't expect to see the same rushing defense (or team for that matter) at all.....

We all know what happend the week before and the tragedy that it was. That game was pretty close for 3 qtrs until Kirbyville pulled away. Their offense began to click in the second half compared to what it looked like in the 1st half. Yes, it was a while back when they played but with that said that was the same defense and they were pretty pumped for that game even admist all that was going on. Like I said I think WOS will win the game but BR is very capable of beating WOS. Will it happen? Porbably not but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Falcongrad&Dad
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Not sure why Sinton fans wanted this game on Friday...not like they have a game to play...that enough trash talk for you?

Yes WOS will be the toughest team we have played this year. But it is the play-offs and each week you move on don't you think it gets harder and the teams better?

I will be around the sports tunnel before the game for anyone wanting to meet.

Also, the game will be webcasted at http://www.audiosportsonline.net/BrookshireRoyal/2010Football.htm for anyone that can't make it and wants to hear.

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 09:41 AM
WOS will win this game handily. Taking nothing away from BR, they have a good team, but not good enough to beat WOS. We wish we could have played WOS, but may be glad we are not.

Crasher
11-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
WOS will win this game handily. Taking nothing away from BR, they have a good team, but not good enough to beat WOS. We wish we could have played WOS, but may be glad we are not.

BUFF 4 EVER...
why are you still posting on a royal thread. I can remember all the posts that started in 09 after the playoff victory over giddings..WE HAD 7 FUMBLES...ETC. After our victory in week 1 this year ..WE HAD 4 FUMBLES, YOU ARE NOTHING WITHOUT #5, etc. Not hearing much now, after beating you 3 times in 12 months...Beating you last week with people OTHER THAN #5....Yall should really crawl into a hole and try to focus on who you are going to hire for next year. WE ARE GLAD TO BE PLAYING WOS...YALL HAVE A BASKETBALL SCRIMMAGE FRIDAY..GO GET IN THE GYM.

Lucky2Coach
11-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Throwing out of panic, u must of not been at the game cause the Royal QB WAS 11-13 FOR 220 yards. One of those was a dropped pass so how is that throwing out of panic. You really know alot about football genious.

I agree with Renegade, Royal can throw the ball pretty well. Williams is the show, but the supporting cast is pretty good. I do think WO-S offense will be too much for the Royal defense though.

AKA CEASAR
11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
buff4ever that sounds like ya'll couldn't have beat them, so think we won't win, but then again ya'll thought ya'll could beat us, so guess we will just have to wait til Friday to see how good your guess is.

Crasher
11-15-2010, 10:20 AM
pretty much just tired of hearing from giddings people. I have alot of respect for the buffaloes and coach...they are a tough squad. But after beating them 3 times in 12 months its time to move on. Buff fans arent a part of what we are doing now as falcons. Time to move on buffs...THUMP THUMP

Crasher
11-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
I agree with Renegade, Royal can throw the ball pretty well. Williams is the show, but the supporting cast is pretty good. I do think WO-S offense will be too much for the Royal defense though.

who does sweeny have this week

Lucky2Coach
11-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Robstown Cotton Pickers. Good Luck to you guys, I hope you win!

Crasher
11-15-2010, 10:25 AM
jump down....turn around....PICK A BAIL OF COTTON!!! Yeah, yall will take care of the cotton pickin cotton Pickers...

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Okay, I think I can get on here and say what I think. Just cause you don't like it, doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't.

Navasota exposed our pass defense, and BR was smart enough to watch the tape on that game and pick up on it. Our run defense has done well all year, and that showed friday night. Our pass defense obviosly got by all year untill a very smart Navasota coaching staff put together a pass attack and exposed us.

BR deserved the win, I just think they made one more week than the buffaloes. To be honest, the only reason our game was as close as it was, is b/c for the first time in 8 years our coach let the kicker kick fg's. If we didn't kick the 37 and 35 yard field goals this game wouldn't have been close, and we have gone for it ahead and behind on 4th and long at those ranges many of times. I don't remember him being smart enought to take the points very many times in the past.

But this thread is about WOS-BR. WOS will be able to relax in the 4th quarter of this one. Like it or not.

Crasher
11-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Okay, I think I can get on here and say what I think. Just cause you don't like it, doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't.

Navasota exposed our pass defense, and BR was smart enough to watch the tape on that game and pick up on it. Our run defense has done well all year, and that showed friday night. Our pass defense obviosly got by all year untill a very smart Navasota coaching staff put together a pass attack and exposed us.

BR deserved the win, I just think they made one more week than the buffaloes. To be honest, the only reason our game was as close as it was, is b/c for the first time in 8 years our coach let the kicker kick fg's. If we didn't kick the 37 and 35 yard field goals this game wouldn't have been close, and we have gone for it ahead and behind on 4th and long at those ranges many of times. I don't remember him being smart enought to take the points very many times in the past.

But this thread is about WOS-BR. WOS will be able to relax in the 4th quarter of this one. Like it or not.

well if WOS does beat us they would have beaten you worse. Nobody took a gameplan from the "smart" navasota coaches. Seems like all we do at royal is beat giddings.. . I'm tired of hearing from yall. Time to move on. THUMP THUMP..(thats a basketball hitting the ground by the way). GET OFF OUR THREAD. YOUR SEASON IS OVER. NO ONE NEEDS YOUR NEGATIVITY.

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 10:55 AM
My being posive that WOS will win this game, I guess is viewed as negativity by BR. You make this fun.

Dude, enjoy the ride while it last. It is almost over.

I agree that WOS would have beat Giddings. Is that what you want to hear. You are still going to lose this week.

Crasher
11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
My being posive that WOS will win this game, I guess is viewed as negativity by BR. You make this fun.

Dude, enjoy the ride while it last. It is almost over.

I agree that WOS would have beat Giddings. Is that what you want to hear. You are still going to lose this week.

DUDE? ok..
the ride is never over. We have 7 juniors and a soph that start on offense. #5 will be gone, but did you get a glimpse of our soph TB that had 100 yard game vs sealy? our QB is a junior and 2 of our WR's #22 and #34. What "RIDE" are we talking about anyway. Beating Giddings is some kind of a "ride"? its all we know here. We have NEVER lost to you. Even on your home turf. My point is that you are not involved in the WOS VS Royal game. Why are you spitting your projections out there? I think we can beat WOS. Tell you what Lets put a spread on the game and you and I can bet something. If they are that much better than us..how much you think they will win by? Put your money where your mouth is

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Crasher
DUDE? ok..
the ride is never over. We have 7 juniors and a soph that start on offense. #5 will be gone, but did you get a glimpse of our soph TB that had 100 yard game vs sealy? our QB is a junior and 2 of our WR's #22 and #34. What "RIDE" are we talking about anyway. Beating Giddings is some kind of a "ride"? its all we know here. We have NEVER lost to you. Even on your home turf. My point is that you are not involved in the WOS VS Royal game. Why are you spitting your projections out there? I think we can beat WOS. Tell you what Lets put a spread on the game and you and I can bet something. If they are that much better than us..how much you think they will win by? Put your money where your mouth is

FUN

stay within 17

Crasher
11-15-2010, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by buff4ever
FUN

stay within 17 [/QUOTE

C-note says it will be within 10 either way.
MAN UP....You accept? money where mouth is....etc

Ron Burgandy
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM
FUN

stay within 17 [/QUOTE

Easy crasher..I know you are passionate about your team. But Ive watched Buff4Ever and he is trying to project his anger on Royal because for three games in a row they have beaten giddings like a rented mule, like a red headed step child. Just beaten those boys mercilessly. Its gotta be hard for him to even get on the board. Just knowing that BR probably changed the entire landscape of Buffalo football in a short 12 month period has to make him angry. In any case. We dont care who wins or loses Friday. Just make Brookshire proud and tell those boys to play their hearts out. WOS is a great team, who we have a great deal of respect for . Its gonna be a good one! Go falcons!

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Ron Burgandy
Easy crasher..I know you are passionate about your team. But Ive watched Buff4Ever and he is trying to project his anger on Royal because for three games in a row they have beaten giddings like a rented mule, like a red headed step child. Just beaten those boys mercilessly. Its gotta be hard for him to even get on the board. Just knowing that BR probably changed the entire landscape of Buffalo football in a short 12 month period has to make him angry. In any case. We dont care who wins or loses Friday. Just make Brookshire proud and tell those boys to play their hearts out. WOS is a great team, who we have a great deal of respect for . Its gonna be a good one! Go falcons!

Just telling it how it is. I went out on a limb and leaned towards navasota over sealy, even though they just beat the snot out of us. I just think WOS has been that good this year.

Old Cardinal
11-15-2010, 02:04 PM
'Stangs win again-- big score!

Mojado
11-15-2010, 02:05 PM
FUN

stay within 17 [/QUOTE

I wasn't plannin on goin to this game but for a C note I may have to go and collect in person...:D

hookandladder
11-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Just telling it how it is. I went out on a limb and leaned towards navasota over sealy, even though they just beat the snot out of us. I just think WOS has been that good this year.

I have seen BR play but have not seen WOS play, just curious what game did you see WOS play this year that makes you think they are that much better then BR.

Renegade
11-15-2010, 03:11 PM
I just feel that Royal is going to come out and grind the ball down WO throat. Not very big, but very fast def. Go right at them and wear them down. Royal D gets a couple of turnovers and comes out on top. Going to be alot better game than people think. Royal 31-28

Falcongrad&Dad
11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Our defense will definately have to have a great game. Have seen some highlights of wos. they can move the ball.

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 04:32 PM
a little game film, a little simply looking at their scores this year, a little knowing their style and tradition.

And know that their defense will not allow more points than their offense can score against a BR team.

Any quetions?

griff
11-15-2010, 07:19 PM
It's really weird for us WO-S fans to receive all this love from Giddings. Thanks for the vote of confidence, buff. WO-S will be ready for this game.

pirate4state
11-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by griff
It's really weird for us WO-S fans to receive all this love from Giddings. Thanks for the vote of confidence, buff. WO-S will be ready for this game. haha :D

OldBison75
11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
WOS will be the best run defense that BR has seen all year---you can count on it. There is enough speed and size on the WOS defense to keep Williams under control, not shut down, but controlled.

Where the show will happen is on the other side of the ball. Even after the tragedy of losing the QB, the WOS offense has come back strong. They can score very quickly and then grind you up and down the field on the next series. Royal may score 21 against the WOS defense, but the WOS offense will give the BR defense fits all night.

WOS may be the only team that I would say that could come out of this region and have the tools to play down for down with Brownwood. And, everybody knows that the Gods have already christened Brownwood the kings of 3A.

My pick is WOS 35
BR 21

WOS1
11-16-2010, 02:19 AM
I am a big proponent of the idea that anything can happen on any Friday. That was obvious last week when Brenham went down in round 1. However, someone said they believe BR will run it down our throat... I do not think that will happen. It has only happened one time this year, the week after we lost Reggie, and we are a different team now whether KV fans like it or not. We probably shouldn't even have played that game, but the kids wanted to, so Dan did it.

Also, BR runs the spread... check our record vs spread teams this year... Bridge City, Nederland, Jasper, Silsbee, Hamshire Fannett, Hardin Jefferson, Liberty. Four defensive shutouts and 2 single TD games. Couple that with the fact that BR had problems blocking Giddings last week and I just don't believe they can make a living running right at us.

TheDrop
11-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I am a big proponent of the idea that anything can happen on any Friday. That was obvious last week when Brenham went down in round 1. However, someone said they believe BR will run it down our throat... I do not think that will happen. It has only happened one time this year, the week after we lost Reggie, and we are a different team now whether KV fans like it or not. We probably shouldn't even have played that game, but the kids wanted to, so Dan did it.

Also, BR runs the spread... check our record vs spread teams this year... Bridge City, Nederland, Jasper, Silsbee, Hamshire Fannett, Hardin Jefferson, Liberty. Four defensive shutouts and 2 single TD games. Couple that with the fact that BR had problems blocking Giddings last week and I just don't believe they can make a living running right at us.

Had problems blocking Giddings? Several times th Royal QB had all night to throw the ball. Guess the definition of blocking is a little different in West Orange? All I know is the last time the Falcons weren't given a chance to win a game in the playoffs they shocked the state.

Falcongrad&Dad
11-16-2010, 08:21 AM
I don't think that the post said that Royal was going to run it down wos throat. I believe it was suggested that is what Royal should do.

GUNHO
11-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
I don't think that the post said that Royal was going to run it down wos throat. I believe it was suggested that is what Royal should do.

I just feel that Royal is going to come out and grind the ball down WO throat. Not very big, but very fast def. Go right at them and wear them down. Royal D gets a couple of turnovers and comes out on top. Going to be alot better game than people think. Royal 31-28

No.That is his opinion what BR is going to do and that's ok.I have my opinion also and I think WO-S takes this one.I do think this will be a good game.

chaingang
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Im Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkk. Been a few years, but good to be back. Got booted off when the yahoo emails were no longer accepted. anyways, hello to all.

We(WOS) will not get anything run down our throats. this team is on a mission, and have become a very scary team to play against. The worst team that anyone wants to play is one that has a very specific goal on an emotional reason. trust me.

Man, this sucks, i think i had like 5k posts in the past, and now I start back at 1:(

Mojado
11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by TheDrop
Had problems blocking Giddings? Several times th Royal QB had all night to throw the ball. Guess the definition of blocking is a little different in West Orange? All I know is the last time the Falcons weren't given a chance to win a game in the playoffs they shocked the state.

The conversation was the run game... BTW, is it true that both WOS junior corners have already been offered by Big 12 schools?

chaingang
11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
The conversation was the run game... BTW, is it true that both WOS junior corners have already been offered by Big 12 schools?

Havent heard that, but i do know one of them has. And you should have seen the interception he had last Friday. WOW is all I can say. he literally plucked the ball in mid flight from like 10 yards away on a out route. Talk about closing speed.....

pirate4state
11-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
Im Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkk. Been a few years, but good to be back. Got booted off when the yahoo emails were no longer accepted. anyways, hello to all.

We(WOS) will not get anything run down our throats. this team is on a mission, and have become a very scary team to play against. The worst team that anyone wants to play is one that has a very specific goal on an emotional reason. trust me.

Man, this sucks, i think i had like 5k posts in the past, and now I start back at 1:( :wave: welcome back, sorry you had to start over and I wish I could watch this week's game. ugh.

GO 'STANGS!

91 lion
11-17-2010, 12:13 AM
WO-S 40
BR 19

WOS1
11-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Had problems blocking Giddings? Several times th Royal QB had all night to throw the ball. Guess the definition of blocking is a little different in West Orange?

Well, 71 yards rushing by your stud, so yeah, I guess we DO have a different definition for blocking...:p

All I know is the last time the Falcons weren't given a chance to win a game in the playoffs they shocked the state.

Please go back and read my first sentence in my post... I definitely believe BR has the ability to beat us... I just don't think it will be done by running it down our throat.;)

WOS1
11-17-2010, 01:08 AM

He actually said they would "grind" it down our throat... That's the same thing, isn't it?

Falcongrad&Dad
11-17-2010, 08:48 AM
I suppose it is. And I agree, it's going to be a great game. Getting there early. Hopefully between 5:30 and 6:00.

chaingang
11-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I wonder how may the stadium sits? If I remember, its decent size. And yeah, get there early. Woodland traffic is horrible. And word to the wise, the stadium is actually in a town called Shenandoah. They have about a 3 mile streach of the interstate. If you are going 66 in a 65, you will get a ticket. Its nationally known for police over inforcement. Yes, I do know from experience. lol.

Old Cardinal
11-17-2010, 03:05 PM
BR is out after this game.....the only team that can take WO-S is Kirbyville in Region III.
One or both-- KV & WO-S--can whip Brownwood or anyone else in 3A State Championship level games.

ronwx5x
11-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I wonder how may the stadium sits? If I remember, its decent size. And yeah, get there early. Woodland traffic is horrible. And word to the wise, the stadium is actually in a town called Shenandoah. They have about a 3 mile streach of the interstate. If you are going 66 in a 65, you will get a ticket. Its nationally known for police over inforcement. Yes, I do know from experience. lol.

Woodforest Stadium is only 2 years old and extremely nice. I've been to 3 3A playoff games there and seating is never a problem. They do have metal detectors and you must empty your pockets before entering (no pocket knives or lighters).

The Woodlands does have traffic going north on I45, especially on a Friday. If you arrive around 6:45-7:00 PM, shouldn't be too bad. You must exit at Research Forest and travel north on the I45 service road. Turn right at the Pappadeaux restaurant. If you attempt to enter from Research Forest eastbound, you will be stopped! When you exit after the game, you have to know the secret code in order to travel southbound on I45. Give me a PM and I will give you the code.

ronwx5x
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I suppose it is. And I agree, it's going to be a great game. Getting there early. Hopefully between 5:30 and 6:00.

Bad idea due to traffic at that time. Plan to arrive around 6:30-7:00, much less traffic and seating will not be a problem on either side.

Renegade
11-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Cardinal, u seen BR play this year? BTW, BR was a 21 pt dog last year when they played Giddings in the playoffs and won the game by 20. So their is no for sure thing in the playoffs. Royal will show up ready to play. It will be a totally different game then when we played last year. U can bet ur ass on it.

GUNHO
11-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
BR is out after this game.....the only team that can take WO-S is Kirbyville in Region III.
One or both-- KV & WO-S--can whip Brownwood or anyone else in 3A State Championship level games.

Cardinal thanks for the prase but that is a mighty bold statement about the championship.There are some pretty good teams still left.

WOS1
11-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Can't wait for this game! Only 2 more days!!!:D

Falcongrad&Dad
11-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Bad idea due to traffic at that time. Plan to arrive around 6:30-7:00, much less traffic and seating will not be a problem on either side.
Thinking of taking 1488 from Waller rather than fight North bound traffic on I-45. I have to be there early because I bring the run thru tunnel and helmet. Look for me. I will have a coach's shirt on with a red cap.

Falcongrad&Dad
11-18-2010, 09:48 AM

Stadium seats 9,600

Falcongrad&Dad
11-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Can't wait for this game! Only 2 more days!!!:D

35 more hours!!!! As the song says " cause we're coming...to your city!"

KVILLE_GRAD
11-18-2010, 11:04 AM
wo-s is playing good football right now. think that this year they will make it farther than they have since dropping in to 3A .. think they haven't been past the third round? idk. may be wrong.

chaingang
11-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
wo-s is playing good football right now. think that this year they will make it farther than they have since dropping in to 3A .. think they haven't been past the third round? idk. may be wrong.

We went to the semifinals in 05 and lost to eventual state champ Wimberley.

KVILLE_GRAD
11-18-2010, 11:53 AM
We went to the semifinals in 05 and lost to eventual state champ Wimberley.

ah. see it now..
what happened that year? was there back to back bye weeks? maxpreps dates show almost a month between games (bmt central and anahuac) and only nine games in the reg season. or is it missing a game?

ahhhh... or the hurricane?

chaingang
11-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by KVILLE_GRAD
ah. see it now..
what happened that year? was there back to back bye weeks? maxpreps dates show almost a month between games (bmt central and anahuac) and only nine games in the reg season. or is it missing a game?

ahhhh... or the hurricane?

Yeah, that was the year Hurricane Rita hit us headon.

chaingang
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Gameday! Lets get it on baby!!! 112%!!!!!!!!!!

Mojado
11-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Anyone doin one of those play by play threads on this game tonite???

I'll chime in...gonna be on the sideline or pressbox for this one. Should be a good one for a while...

Good luck to both!

buff4ever
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
Anyone doin one of those play by play threads on this game tonite???

I'll chime in...gonna be on the sideline or pressbox for this one. Should be a good one for a while...

Good luck to both!

I got one for you.

WOS pulls away in the 1st quarter:D :D

JK, these BR peeps are really touchy about people thinking they can win or not. It will be close for a half.

Renegade
11-19-2010, 04:46 PM
We got something for them. Yeah the game might get out of hand in the second half, in Royals favor. For ur sake, hope talk ain't looking past us.

Booter11
11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Gonna be a great game but i see Williams taking control of this one early.. BR by 7

trojandad
11-19-2010, 11:34 PM
congrats to royal.....you guys bucked the odds....good win......:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lefty
11-20-2010, 12:34 AM
I didn't call the upset but I said that I wouldn't be surprised to see BR pull it out. Congrats to BR on the win and to WOS on a fine season battling through adversity.

IHStangFan
11-20-2010, 12:39 AM
I got one for you.

WOS pulls away in the 1st quarter:D :D

JK, these BR peeps are really touchy about people thinking they can win or not. It will be close for a half. Obviously for good reason. Think they proved that tonight.

WOS87
11-20-2010, 01:36 AM
I just want to officially say congratulations to the Falcons... I got lost on the way there and somehow ended up in Conroe at the wrong stadium (lol) but was at the game in the 2nd half. I never go outside the 610 loop so that's foreign territory to me. Not sure what was up with the plays in the 1st half... but we won the 4th quarter 14-3 and the 2nd half 21-10 ;)

Good luck in the next round! The fans and players from Brookshire were very classy...

We should be scary good for the next two years with an excellent replacement Sophomore QB who did quite well under immense pressure this season and a ton of returning starters. We were one play away from winning this game but Kudos to BR!

sinton66
11-20-2010, 07:33 AM
WOS turnovers really hurt their chances in this game. They had something like four interceptions and a bad snap that went over the QB's head and was recoverd by BR deep in WOS' end. WOS appeared to never give up, and that's the mark of a good football team. Congrats to BR and great season Mustangs.

griff
11-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Congratulations to Brookshire Royal.

This was a tough loss to swallow. In my opinion, we lost this game in the first half. The biggest reason was our defense doing a poor job of wrapping up the RB Williams. Yes, he's as good as we've seen all year, but last year we shut him down. We could've done much better. We were tackling high and didn't seem to have intensity early on defense. Our defense has been the strength of our team all year, but they just didn't show up in the first half.

Additionally, 1) the six or seven turnovers really hurt; 2) the faked punt at our nine yard line (which was NOT called by the coaches); and 3) not attepting to return BR's final punt in the game that pinned us back deep (with less than 1:00 to play) were all contributing factors to losing this game. If we would have corrected any one of those errors, the outcome probably could've been different. Still, what stands out to me most is the bad defensive play in the first half.

This was a very winnable game, but all it takes is one flat perfomance in the playoffs and you're done. Now we're sitting home like Brenham and The Woodlands. I hope the winner of the Kirbyville vs. Coldspring game wins it all. Gotta go with the regional teams. ;)

It was cool to see both teams after last night joining together and saying the Lord's Prayer. Thanks to the BR coaching staff and players for joining our team in that show of support. Even though we're exitting too early, this has been a memorable year that will affect our team, coaches, and community for a lifetime.

1st and goal
11-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Super Congrats to BR! You guys hang in there and keep on playing hard each week!

Ron Burgandy
11-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
WOS turnovers really hurt their chances in this game. They had something like four interceptions and a bad snap that went over the QB's head and was recoverd by BR deep in WOS' end. WOS appeared to never give up, and that's the mark of a good football team. Congrats to BR and great season Mustangs.

Yes and Royal Had 3 INTS and a Fumble also.

BOTH teams had Turnovers. IT was 21-0 Royal in the 3rd. Nobody won or lost this game because one team had turnovers and the other didnt.

Physical Ball game. Royal was the better team Friday night. Where is buff4Ever and move the chains...all of yall who said we couldnt even keep it close:???:???

buff4ever
11-20-2010, 05:25 PM
This doesn't happen often, I will eat my crow with pride, didn't mean to take anything away from BR, just thought it was WOS's year playing on emotion and great talent and all.

Great season WOS, you are still in everyones' thoughts, even better win BR.