PDA

View Full Version : Navasota vs Huffman Hargrave

OldBison75
11-13-2010, 12:31 AM
The Navasota Rattlers will take on Huffman Hargrave in the second round of the Texas State Football Playoffs next Friday, November 19 at 7:30 p.m. The game will be played at Tully Stadium-Spring Branch ISD

striker
11-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Navasota will also be the home team.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2010, 01:19 AM
GO SNAKES!

Yoe_09
11-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Great job tonight Navasota. We will be 30 minutes away in Spring taking on Newton.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Great job tonight Navasota. We will be 30 minutes away in Spring taking on Newton.

Dang, wish y'all played Saturday or Thursday. At any rate good luck and go oYe!

trojandad
11-13-2010, 01:34 AM
congrats to the snakes.....i sure like you guys chances....

hemotoxic didn't like huffman as much as i did against coldspring, but i think they have a good passing scheme where they overload one side or the other, then take what the defense gives them, or goes one on one to the off side....

against us, i feel the qb just wasn't patient enough once they got behind and didn't continue to take the short option that the defense was giving him or else they would have made the trojans lives a lot harder....

they are fairly one dimensional but it obviously worked against silsbee.....good luck in the game with them...

navscanmaster
11-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Navasota should be the favorite in this game. They have beaten #8 Caldwell 34-20, preseason #8 Giddings 31-7, and #6 Sealy 33-17 in a four week span. And they are keeping their blue jersies on against Huffman!

I say Navasota 45, Huffman 20

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
congrats to the snakes.....i sure like you guys chances....

hemotoxic didn't like huffman as much as i did against coldspring, but i think they have a good passing scheme where they overload one side or the other, then take what the defense gives them, or goes one on one to the off side....

against us, i feel the qb just wasn't patient enough once they got behind and didn't continue to take the short option that the defense was giving him or else they would have made the trojans lives a lot harder....

they are fairly one dimensional but it obviously worked against silsbee.....good luck in the game with them...

Hey trojandad, congratulations on you guys win.

During the Huffman -Coldspring game, I just didn't see a top ten team in Huffman. They pass the ball alot, but, if that is what you are going to do, you need to be somewhat more proficient than what I saw. Like I said before, it could have just been a bad game for them. IDK, but I do know that Huffman is capable of putting up some points. Navasota will need to have another great defensive game plan against the Falcons.

Navasota 45-14

Caldwell_Raider
11-13-2010, 01:00 PM
I have no idea what Huffman has..... But I'm pulling for Navasota!

Go Snakes!

:D

Superbacker 00'
11-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Navasota's "D" will hold Huffman to 14 points and the Rattler O will march on.....
42-14 Navasota :thinking:

trojandad
11-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Hey trojandad, congratulations on you guys win.

During the Huffman -Coldspring game, I just didn't see a top ten team in Huffman. They pass the ball alot, but, if that is what you are going to do, you need to be somewhat more proficient than what I saw. Like I said before, it could have just been a bad game for them. IDK, but I do know that Huffman is capable of putting up some points. Navasota will need to have another great defensive game plan against the Falcons.

Navasota 45-14

back at you, big guy....

they aren't a top ten, or twenty, team....your right, i was just amazed at their proficiency in passing when they are so notorious of lining up and running on you 75 plays a game with big hog linemen.....usually takesa longer time to develop any passing game but they've done well to not have a lot of speed....if we ran on them,you guys should be able to as well, and you saw that running the clock works against their ball control type of passing offense....they only like to pass downfield when in trouble....

navasota by 2 tds........good luck to you guys.....

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
back at you, big guy....

they aren't a top ten, or twenty, team....your right, i was just amazed at their proficiency in passing when they are so notorious of lining up and running on you 75 plays a game with big hog linemen.....usually takesa longer time to develop any passing game but they've done well to not have a lot of speed....if we ran on them,you guys should be able to as well, and you saw that running the clock works against their ball control type of passing offense....they only like to pass downfield when in trouble....

navasota by 2 tds........good luck to you guys.....

You're right, they had some big guys. But as the saying goes, the bigger they are the harder they fall. Any word on you guys location, date, time?

trojandad
11-13-2010, 08:59 PM
haven't heard....my guess would be in college station....will let you know......

trojandad
11-13-2010, 09:07 PM
just saw.......friday, in humble........:clap: :clap:

Old Cardinal
11-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Since no one I know from Huffman-Hargrave post on here; I will say that I will be the sole support of the Falcons, posting for a win.

They are the largest enrollment in 3A Region 3 and have a fair football team.

navscanmaster
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Since no one I know from Huffman-Hargrave post on here; I will say that I will be the sole support of the Falcons, posting for a win.

Good post. But the Rattlers have beaten two fair football teams convincingly, two good football teams soundly, and one great football team last week by 16. Huffman will have to rise up to the occasion and control the tempo if they are to win. Tempo is hard to keep against the Rattler defense.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Good post. But the Rattlers have beaten two fair football teams convincingly, two good football teams soundly, and one great football team last week by 16. Huffman will have to rise up to the occasion and control the tempo if they are to win. Tempo is hard to keep against the Rattler defense.

Good Post!

sinton66
11-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Believe it or not, I was there a couple of weeks ago in my job and tried to recruit some of them. Hopefully we'll get a few to sign up. We need members from every 3A team in the state.

bigYoe
11-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Navasota should be the favorite in this game. They have beaten #8 Caldwell 34-20, preseason #8 Giddings 31-7, and #6 Sealy 33-17 in a four week span. And they are keeping their blue jersies on against Huffman!

I say Navasota 45, Huffman 20

I honestly see the 'Rattlers winning by 2+ TD's. I like to consider us Yoemen a good 2A team and we thought we had the game in the bag against Navasota. We were up by 2 td's with 5 minutes left and had to stop them on a 2pt. conversion with literally seconds left in the game to win by exactly that, 2 points. I think Navasota is a GREAT, underrated team that should give hell the next few rounds. C'mon 'Rattlers show those haters what Central Texas football is about.

buff4ever
11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Don't know Huffman, but I do know Navasota, and believe the rattlers will win this game.

navscanmaster
11-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
I honestly see the 'Rattlers winning by 2+ TD's. I like to consider us Yoemen a good 2A team and we thought we had the game in the bag against Navasota. We were up by 2 td's with 5 minutes left and had to stop them on a 2pt. conversion with literally seconds left in the game to win by exactly that, 2 points. I think Navasota is a GREAT, underrated team that should give hell the next few rounds. C'mon 'Rattlers show those haters what Central Texas football is about.

You know, I am happy where the Rattlers are at and the level of play they are showing out there, but........man would I like to have those two games back.:D

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
ttt

navscanmaster
11-16-2010, 10:15 PM
ttt
x2

bigYoe
11-17-2010, 01:32 AM
You know, I am happy where the Rattlers are at and the level of play they are showing out there, but........man would I like to have those two games back.:D

Well, I know how you feel but unfortunately you cant change the past. I Just want Navasota to go far in the playoffs because we are familiar with each other. Also, the more you guys win in the playoffs the better it makes us Yoemen look lol. Hopefully you guys will take it deep as well as us and then we can say both of us have GREAT teams, which is, by far the truth. Anyways, that game was a damn good one and just knowing it was yall's homecoming had me scared quite a bit. Yet, we did a damn good job during 7 on 7 losing to Bwood by 2 points when they scored a TD with seconds left in the game so that showed how much our guys prepared during the summer. Of course practice wasnt mandatory but our players sure acted like it was. Come on 'Rattlers kick some butt AND GO oYe.

navscanmaster
11-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Doesn't look like I will be travelling to Houston this weekend to make the game. Hopefully we can pull this one out so I can make the next one, cause after that, work days be darned. I need me some Rattler football!!!:mad:

Bosqueville
11-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Huffman???? I've never heard of it?? :thinking:

NastySlot
11-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Huffman???? I've never heard of it?? :thinking:

Huffman or Willie Hargrave High School.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Huffman or Willie Hargrave High School.

Willie Hargrave High School (Huffman ISD)

www.huffmanisd.net

Aesculus gilmus
11-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Gotta go with the Rattlers in this one. They gave Gilmer all we could handle last year in the QF.

Yoe_09
11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gotta go with the Rattlers in this one. They gave Gilmer all we could handle last year in the QF.

You are right....and I think they are a touch better this year tbh.

Old Cardinal
11-17-2010, 04:42 PM
What was the final score?

Aesculus gilmus
11-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Gilmer 42, Navasota 35

It was tied 28-28 at the half and I was sitting there next to the Cuero coaches in Lufkin who were scouting it and I remember asking "How is it that Navasota is not undefeated?"

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Gilmer 42, Navasota 35

It was tied 28-28 at the half and I was sitting there next to the Cuero coaches in Lufkin who were scouting it and I remember asking "How is it that Navasota is not undefeated?"

Navasota had a tendency to play down to their opponents level. Not to take anything from 2009 district champ Caldwell (Loss 14-0) and Cameron Yoe (Loss 25-23??), but Navasota was, IMO, the better team.

Yoe_09
11-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Navasota had a tendency to play down to their opponents level. Not to take anything from 2009 district champ Caldwell (Loss 14-0) and Cameron Yoe (Loss 25-23??), but Navasota was, IMO, the better team.

Yes, I saw both the Caldwell and Navasota games and I will admit that Navasota was probably the better team last year. The field really killed Navasota last year against Caldwell. Cameron Yoe came in a played their best game of the year(if we would have played like that we would not have lost to Rockdale or Madisonville) but Navasota did have a down night. This year(from what ive seen) it looks like Navasota is better and is ready to make a deep run.

zebrablue2
11-17-2010, 10:03 PM
GO SNAKES!!!

Superbacker 00'
11-18-2010, 07:22 AM
The Navasota vs Gilmer game was a nail biter forsure

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2010, 12:34 PM
FINALLY, it's THURSDAY!

navscanmaster
11-18-2010, 07:00 PM
One more day. 25 hours to be precise.

Lord I need me some Rattler football!!!:D

Hornet Mom 2
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
We will be there in support of D23 - Go Rattlers!

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
We will be there in support of D23 - Go Rattlers!

Thanks for the support mom!

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
GO RATTLERS!

Safe, traveling to and from the game to all!

UPanIN
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Can't make the game but I'm pulling for them Rattlers all the way.

GO RATTLERS!

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2010, 05:09 PM
2 more hours here at work... It's slow for now... As soon a six rolls around, patients will follow.

This is torture. Come on 6p!