PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 12 GotW: Celina (11-0) vs. Lucas Lovejoy (10-1)

Pages : [1] 2

charlesrixey
11-12-2010, 11:29 PM
AP Poll:

#2 Celina vs. #7 Lovejoy

two of the top teams in the region, and two top-10 teams in the state, face off in a matchup dreamed about since the season began. This one should be a battle for the ages, and both teams are firing on all cylinders going into it.

no other introduction necessary

d0tc0m
11-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Man I sure wish I could come back down again next week for this one!! What a matchup this is going to be! I was super impressed with the defense tonight against Sanger's passing offense. Our secondary had good to great coverage pretty much the entire night. Also, i know it's a moot point, but my goodness, i've never seen so many missed holding calls as there were tonight. Anyway, doesn't matter, we got a convincing W to move on!! Com'on Bobcats, win another one and lets play again on Turkey Day!!!

orange machine
11-13-2010, 02:36 AM
If Celina plays like they did tonight the rest of the way number 9 will be in Celina.

IHStangFan
11-13-2010, 03:41 AM
GREAT match up!!! :clap:

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Celina is coming to play. There should be little doubt that the Bobcats are a contender after last night. Sanger was a top offense and was highly rated. They had no chance. Most of their production came late against 2/3rd teamers.

Lovejoy will be a challenge. They have to deal with the fact that they only have one game against Sanger to judge the new D style and to guess at what wrinkles remain to be shown by the Bobcats.

This season for the Bobcats is like playing spades when all the early hands only need red cards to be won and you're still holding all the high spades. Other teams have to play their hands to see what we got. No advance peaks. If you have been looking past Celina, I am afraid you've over bid your own hand and are going to be set.

bobcat1
11-13-2010, 09:16 AM
I look for a close hard fought game with Celina winning by the end of the game. It's going to come down to who prepares the best. Both teams are extremely talented and this will be an all 4 quarters game. I'll be there again next week aand I am looking forward to a great game!

ssgmp5150
11-13-2010, 10:01 AM
I am going to be at this EPIC game!!!! Where is it going to be played at? Not sure who to choose in this one as Celina beat the snot out of Sanger and I wasn't expecting that as they had a very high octane offense! They shut Sanger's offense down! However, Lovejoy has a little bit better defense than Sanger does.....I am going to say that Lovejoy wins this one in a nailbiter all the way down to the wire. Hence, why I am going to this one! Gonna be a great game to watch! Might have to go on the Celina side and visit with a few Bobcat posters. Good luck to both teams and everyone drive safe to and from the game.

MoveInDad
11-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I am going to be at this EPIC game!!!! Where is it going to be played at? Not sure who to choose in this one as Celina beat the snot out of Sanger and I wasn't expecting that as they had a very high octane offense! They shut Sanger's offense down! However, Lovejoy has a little bit better defense than Sanger does.....I am going to say that Lovejoy wins this one in a nailbiter all the way down to the wire. Hence, why I am going to this one! Gonna be a great game to watch! Might have to go on the Celina side and visit with a few Bobcat posters. Good luck to both teams and everyone drive safe to and from the game.
Game being played at CH Collins in Denton, Friday at 730

d0tc0m
11-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ctown
Celina is coming to play. There should be little doubt that the Bobcats are a contender after last night. Sanger was a top offense and was highly rated. They had no chance. Most of their production came late against 2/3rd teamers.

Lovejoy will be a challenge. They have to deal with the fact that they only have one game against Sanger to judge the new D style and to guess at what wrinkles remain to be shown by the Bobcats.

This season for the Bobcats is like playing spades when all the early hands only need red cards to be won and you're still holding all the high spades. Other teams have to play their hands to see what we got. No advance peaks. If you have been looking past Celina, I am afraid you've over bid your own hand and are going to be set.

love the spades reference! :clap: Yeah this game is going to be a HECK of a matchup! i just wish i was able to come in and see it. i gotta say though, i was very very impressed with the defense last night, the secondary looked great. and this is probably the most balanced offense i've ever seen at celina. theres about a 5 headed monster at RB, and several receivers who can hurt you...and who were ALL open the entire night against sanger. there just looks to be too many weapons on this years offense to be stopped. i'll take my bobcats by 14, pulling away late in the game against the leopards.

ssgmp5150
11-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Who is who is home and who is away? I know that Lovejoy's defense is susceptible to the run early in the game, but the coaching staff is excellent at making adjustments and stopping the run in the second half. Lovejoy is big upfront and has very good team speed overall. You are not going to stop their offense from scoring, just hope that you can slow them down. I think Celina will have to be able to pass to beat Lovejoy and their secondary is pretty good. Gonna be a great game and could go either way, but I think Lovejoy sneaks out a close win. Their field goal kicker is MONEY!!!!! I personally saw him make a 53 yard field goal this year! If it comes down to the kicking game, then Lovejoy definately has the edge! If the weather is wet, then I give Celina the edge as I think the rain takes some of Lovejoy's speed away. Gonna be a great game. Any posters want to meet at the game send me a message and we will exchange information. See ya at the game!

bobcat1
11-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Celina is home team.

Ranger Mom
11-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Who is LL's one loss to?

bobcat1
11-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Who is LL's one loss to? Argyle

BleedOrange
11-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Argyle

BwdLions
11-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Celina goes down in this one. :cool:

OrangeChamps
11-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Celina goes down in this one. :cool:

Maybe, maybe not. Hoping for a little better game than the HIGHLY-anticipated game last night. Sanger has a good ball-club, just got outmatched like so many other good times do this time of year. Props to the Sanger kids though, when I left in the 4th they were still playing hard. Love to see to long-time rivals fighting hard for 4.

gatordaze
11-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Who is LL's one loss to?

Argyle, the same Argyle that put 56 on Sanger last week and beat LJ when Means was out! And now Means is out..

Anyone that thinks they match up with Celina's Oline is nuts. They are easily the best Oline in 3A and have 3 future D1 caliber players when necessary. They are deep, big and fast. Just ask A&M, Missouri, TCU, OSU and Oregon what they think of the line talent in Celina this year and next!

We could have run for 400 yards last night but we have fun throwing the ball. Celina had more completions and TD's last night than the best QB in 3A under the same conditions And just think passing is just a hobby for us!

I am going to predict right now that LL wont hold Celina below 45. I hope that LL decides to run the ball because that is playing into the depth of the D and Celina's heritage.

The only way you beat Celina is to outscore them. The only game ever in doubt this year was PP and that was early in the year and before the D was re-configured.

I was optimistic before last night. I really thought that maybe the lack of competition was deceiving. I am assured now. This team, with these Seniors and this offense cannot be beaten by anyone left in D1. Not saying that they roll everyone by 45+ points but LL wont stop them. The match-ups are just not there for them.

I feel abit Rocket-Like!!!! I am now officially on board with the Bobcats!!!!

Deuce
11-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Should be a great game. Was thinking about going to Brownwood game, but I think I will go to this one instead! Have to go with Lovejoy on this one just because I picked them in my bracket.

OrangeChamps
11-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze

Hmm..., so your saying you weren't on board before now? Celina does have a good team; however, LL is a good team with a growing tradition. If we play well we do have a strong chance for victory, if we make mistakes and don't play Bobcat football then anything can happen.

gatordaze
11-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Hmm..., so your saying you weren't on board before now? Celina does have a good team; however, LL is a good team with a growing tradition. If we play well we do have a strong chance for victory, if we make mistakes and don't play Bobcat football then anything can happen.

Nope until last night I did not think we had a championship caliber defense and mostly based on pass defense. Your not running on Celina and therefore I felt that a team like Sanger might be a problem. If we can shut them down through the air we can handle the rest as well. I no longer see an Achilles heal with the possible exception of our desire to throw the ball when we could more easily dominate on the ground. I guess the coaches enjoy the added risk/reward of the passing game.

The boys expect to win it all and believing is the hardest part. I don't see letting down and making mistakes from here on out and none of the teams in d1 are more talented than Celina like Carthage was in 08

bobcat1
11-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Last night was awesome I agree, but it was one game out of 5. Next week Celina has game 2 of this 3rd season. Let's take it one week at a time. If Celina goes 15-0 then the claims can be made. So until then Celina is one bad night away from basketball. Concentrate on Lovejoy first. No easy games from here on out. Work Hard boys. Coach 'em up coaches and we fans will be along for the ride. :thumbsup:

gatordaze
11-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Last night was awesome I agree, but it was one game out of 5. Next week Celina has game 2 of this 3rd season. Let's take it one week at a time. If Celina goes 15-0 then the claims can be made. So until then Celina is one bad night away from basketball. Concentrate on Lovejoy first. No easy games from here on out. Work Hard boys. Coach 'em up coaches and we fans will be along for the ride. :thumbsup:

I am not a player nor do I have any magical powers over whether they win or lose. I only have an opinion and I really don't need to concentrate at all to give it. Bobcats won't look ahead cause I say they are the best anymore than than they will lose because Keith7 hates them. This is just a football message board.

WildTexan972
11-13-2010, 02:09 PM

a couple of decent to moderate years does NOT a tradition make....

Celina by several TDs in this one.....

RPF2666
11-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I really like what Celina did last night, defensively.
I don't believe there have been too many questions all year
about the offense.

Keep improving, Bobcats!

d0tc0m
11-13-2010, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ssgmp5150
...You are not going to stop their offense from scoring, just hope that you can slow them down.... [/QUOTE

Haha how many times have we heard that? We weren't supposed to stop those '98 and '99 Elysian Fields running backs. Weren't supposed to stop Quan Cosby. There was no way we were supposed to even slow down that '02 Gainesville team. In '04 it was whitewright that was going to just blow us away and light up the scoreboard. I seem to remember a vernon team that was supposed to run down our throats. Then there was a kid named Will Clay for snyder that they said we couldn't stop. Later down the road, a China Spring team that could pass up and down the field on us all night. Then there was a sanger team last night that was highly explosive. they said we could only hope to slow them down and hopefully outscore them. These are just a few examples... and we all know how they turned out for the opposition. If you come in thinking Celina's defense can't absolutely shut you down, you may find yourself wishing you had done things differently.

bobcat1
11-13-2010, 03:28 PM
I am not a player nor do I have any magical powers over whether they win or lose. I only have an opinion and I really don't need to concentrate at all to give it. Bobcats won't look ahead cause I say they are the best anymore than than they will lose because Keith7 hates them. This is just a football message board. I stand corrected and I agree with you. I just don't like getting too far out there in front personally.;)

gatordaze
11-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I stand corrected and I agree with you. I just don't like getting too far out there in front personally.;)

I am way out front here I am already calling for back to back and a possible 3 peat!

bobcat1
11-13-2010, 04:39 PM
I am way out front here I am already calling for back to back and a possible 3 peat! :clap: :clap: :clap:

OrangeChamps
11-13-2010, 04:51 PM
I am way out front here I am already calling for back to back and a possible 3 peat!

Im guessing you never played football in Celina. Even if you say that sarcastically, that's not what Celina is about. Go ahead and give your opinion, but I learned a long time ago that until that trophy is in your hands opinions are worth about as much as a sack of Rocket crap. Good luck to all.

hollywood
11-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Man, you guys sure got awfully confident after last night. Celina beat a mediocore team and you would think that you guys beat the top team in the state. No doubt that Celina is good, but I would be more like bobcat1 and take one game at a time. Lovejoy is not a Sanger. I see a close hard fought game with Celina coming out on top! Good luck to both! May the best team win!

FHS 74
11-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Agree with Hollywood. Celina may end up being the best 3A D1 football team, but not sure by beating Sanger necessarily qualifies you yet.I don't think they would be considered a balance offensive team. From what I know through all the many games and years if a team is considered one dimentional, defensively you tend to try and shut down that weapon and most of times you will win. If a team can both run and throw effectively then it makes things a little more difficult.

MesquiteFan
11-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
a couple of decent to moderate years does NOT a tradition make....

Celina by several TDs in this one.....

lol at this comment.. You realize Lovejoy has been playing varsity football three years, right? And they have been in the playoffs all three years and have gone 22-3 in the last two years? Not sure where "decent to moderate" comes in there.

This is anybody's game. Whoever comes out more prepared and with the better game plan has the best chance to win. Good luck to both teams!

firstdown
11-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Celina remember the team you beat last night was mentally spent from the tuff loss to us last week, they put all their emotion into beating us. Plus they are are one dimensional and that dimension was hampered by the weather, you need to tap the breaks a little. I think that you guys win against LL because you're better across the board.

There is still a bunch of football left to be played. Good luck...I'm pulling for our old bunk mates.

gatordaze
11-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Celina remember the team you beat last night was mentally spent from the tuff loss to us last week, they put all their emotion into beating us. Plus they are are one dimensional and that dimension was hampered by the weather, you need to tap the breaks a little. I think that you guys win against LL because you're better across the board.

There is still a bunch of football left to be played. Good luck...I'm pulling for our old bunk mates.
First off, I was being a bit of a smart arse with the back to back comments
Secondly, what weather??? Was celina's passing game exempt from the weather?
Lastly, my confidence is about nothing but the culture and the personality of a team.
I do not believe man for man lovejoy has more talent than celina. I do believe that celina has a singular focus based upon individual sacrifice for the good of the team. Nothing would hurt these kids more than letting down their teammate. With talent being even it will come down to a team that is unified and determined to not let thier teammates down. The actions of these few players tell me that lovejoy's team personality is not one of unification.

gatordaze
11-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
lol at this comment.. You realize Lovejoy has been playing varsity football three years, right? And they have been in the playoffs all three years and have gone 22-3 in the last two years? Not sure where "decent to moderate" comes in there.

This is anybody's game. Whoever comes out more prepared and with the better game plan has the best chance to win. Good luck to both teams!

The point about Lovejoy only being around for 3 years is very telling.

Do you think these Lovejoy boys walked around as 5,6 and 7 year olds in their little leopard jerseys?

Do you think that they looked at all of those back to back to back to back state championships and said, that is going to be me someday?

No not those boys. I do know where their are 22-25 that did exactly that.

You may not think that a teams personality matters. It does. Unless Lovejoy is a lot more talented man for man than Celina, this game will not even be close.

BILLYFRED0000
11-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by FHS 74
Agree with Hollywood. Celina may end up being the best 3A D1 football team, but not sure by beating Sanger necessarily qualifies you yet.I don't think they would be considered a balance offensive team. From what I know through all the many games and years if a team is considered one dimentional, defensively you tend to try and shut down that weapon and most of times you will win. If a team can both run and throw effectively then it makes things a little more difficult.

Well what you may not understand is that Celina generally considered it's defensive weakness Sangers offensive strong point. And we completely shut them down. We have always been a run stopping team but now we can play pass defense as well. We will stop a running team 9 times out of 10 and this d is really finally getting to full strength. I have faith that the Coaches will figure out how to stop Lovejoy and the boys will execute. Do we win? I leave that to the football Gods. But this team is very good and the defense that had underperformed at stages this year is now firing on all cylinders. I still think they can play better as a matter of fact.

MesquiteFan
11-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Do you think these Lovejoy boys walked around as 5,6 and 7 year olds in their little leopard jerseys?

Do you think that they looked at all of those back to back to back to back state championships and said, that is going to be me someday?

You may not think that a teams personality matters. It does. Unless Lovejoy is a lot more talented man for man than Celina, this game will not even be close.

I absolutely realize a team's makeup and chemistry and personality matters. But who cares if Lovejoy has been around 3 years or 50 years? To be perfectly honest, these kids were going to Allen Eagle football games in the 7th grade and dreaming of playing and winning championships at Allen. But the fact that they had that dream TOGETHER says something. I'm not so much worried in this case about the name on the front of the jersey, but more the fact that the kids at Lovejoy have grown up together too dreaming of playing together.

For lack of a better analogy, do you think Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh dreamed of playing for the Miami Heat? Absolutely not. They wanted to play together. Same thing applies for Lovejoy.

What I'm basically trying to say is that if Celina wins (and with the way they have played this season, there's a good chance they do), it won't just be because they grew up wearing orange dreaming about winning championships. The kids at Lovejoy did that too, just not for Lovejoy High School. Celina (or Lovejoy, for that matter) will win on Friday because a) they are more talented or b) they prepared better and were more ready to play.

slingshot
11-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Is Means for sure out?

ccmom
11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
I absolutely realize a team's makeup and chemistry and personality matters. But who cares if Lovejoy has been around 3 years or 50 years? To be perfectly honest, these kids were going to Allen Eagle football games in the 7th grade and dreaming of playing and winning championships at Allen. But the fact that they had that dream TOGETHER says something. I'm not so much worried in this case about the name on the front of the jersey, but more the fact that the kids at Lovejoy have grown up together too dreaming of playing together.

For lack of a better analogy, do you think Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh dreamed of playing for the Miami Heat? Absolutely not. They wanted to play together. Same thing applies for Lovejoy.

What I'm basically trying to say is that if Celina wins (and with the way they have played this season, there's a good chance they do), it won't just be because they grew up wearing orange dreaming about winning championships. The kids at Lovejoy did that too, just not for Lovejoy High School. Celina (or Lovejoy, for that matter) will win on Friday because a) they are more talented or b) they prepared better and were more ready to play.

Nice post! :thumbsup:

ccmom
11-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Is Means for sure out?

All of the players involved are out for the season.

Tin Cup
11-13-2010, 08:30 PM
This makes me wanna puke...

Celina 42
Lovejoy 14

LL will not make a game of this. P. S. I picked LL in my bracket but I just don't see it.

gatordaze
11-13-2010, 08:48 PM
You are missing the point. If all of these boys have as you describe been dreaming of winning a state championship together and hold a single and shared vision of that dream then they would not allow 3 team leaders to be so selfish and stupid as to potentially throw away their hopes and dreams by drinking DURING a game.

Give me a break. There is no way that all of these boys share the same values and yet allow the star of the team and two other key players to do this.

The Celina seniors are no angels but they have set aside those things that can shatter their shared dream and have an advantage over what is clearly a team in a measure of turmoil. Teams take on the personalities of their leaders. If you are confident that the boys involved are not leaders then you may be fine. If they are then they set the standard for this team.

In either case the situation favors Celina. Setting all that aside. Celina just destroyed a team that scored 45 on the team that held you to 14. LJ just lost 3 weapons and expect to keep Celina from scoring all they want. I am not buying that logic.

MesquiteFan
11-13-2010, 09:01 PM
You are missing the point. If all of these boys have as you describe been dreaming of winning a state championship together and hold a single and shared vision of that dream then they would not allow 3 team leaders to be so selfish and stupid as to potentially throw away their hopes and dreams by drinking DURING a game.

Give me a break. There is no way that all of these boys share the same values and yet allow the star of the team and two other key players to do this.

The Celina seniors are no angels but they have set aside those things that can shatter their shared dream and have an advantage over what is clearly a team in a measure of turmoil. Teams take on the personalities of their leaders. If you are confident that the boys involved are not leaders then you may be fine. If they are then they set the standard for this team.

In either case the situation favors Celina. Setting all that aside. Celina just destroyed a team that scored 45 on the team that held you to 14. LJ just lost 3 weapons and expect to keep Celina from scoring all they want. I am not buying that logic.

I don't really recall making any predictions as to whether Lovejoy can stop Celina. And I don't really think it's right to assume that the actions of a few define the character of an entire team. People aren't perfect, especially 17-18 year old kids. Was what they did wrong? Absolutely. Was it serious enough to warrant a suspension for the rest of the playoffs? Absolutely. But do their actions, which were completely isolated, define the character and makeup of 38 other young men? Emphatically, I say no.

I've played high school sports at a high level, and pretty recently, and when we lost our leading scorer due to grades and his inability to get his act together in the classroom, we rallied around each other and came together. We still shared our dream and realized that we were still capable of achieving what we wanted to achieve without that individual.

With all due respect, gator, implying that the isolated actions of three individuals defines the values, morals, and aspirations of an entire team is missing the point.

gatordaze
11-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I respect your opinion... And disagree

I did not say define, I said reflect. It is possible to have a star player or two that do not buy into the values of the whole yet in their dominance they dictate the standard. They are the alpha dogs and the others are not able to overcome their personalities.

I am sure that the team is better off without them in the long run. You don't make the shift in a week or two.

A tale of two teams is 2007 and 2009. 2007 had a shared vision, 2009 did not. The talent was their just not the focus.

MesquiteFan
11-13-2010, 11:03 PM
I respect your opinion... And disagree

I did not say define, I said reflect. It is possible to have a star player or two that do not buy into the values of the whole yet in their dominance they dictate the standard. They are the alpha dogs and the others are not able to overcome their personalities.

I am sure that the team is better off without them in the long run. You don't make the shift in a week or two.

A tale of two teams is 2007 and 2009. 2007 had a shared vision, 2009 did not. The talent was their just not the focus.

I am fine with agreeing to disagree. I respect your opinion as well and your knowledge of Celina football. Like I've said before, I really have no dog in this fight at all, I am just a fan of good high school football and I like to give high school kids the benefit of the doubt when things such as this happen.

Back to football... I think if Celina can win this one handily like some are predicting, it will help validate the way they have been playing all year long. No one can Celina wasn't tested after this week, because even if Celina rolls, I promise they'll be tested.

Sanger, IMO, had their playoff game in the final week against Argyle and they were emotionally spent when they played Celina.

ctown
11-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Here comes the next excuse---Oh LL wasn't a test. They didn't have all their guns. Celina can't win for losing in these situations. Who really cares.

Gator, just save it trying to explain Celina. Everyone wants to think there is nothing unusual or special about kids attitudes in Celina. yet they don't have an explanation for what our kids do.

Some people say we are fortunate to have our coaches. I agree but also say our coaches are fortunate to have our kids.

Every kid across the state and his little friends want to win state. The little kids in Celina EXPECT to win state. There is a huge difference.

d0tc0m
11-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Hahahaha some of these posts are hilarious!! Last week, Sanger was a darkhorse who had a high powered and high scoring offense...an offense that hung 500 yards on a pretty good argyle squad. Last week they were going to give Celina all they could handle. Last week they were a trendy pick to upset the Bobcats. Now after Celina completely dominates from the opening snap, Sanger was just another nobody team who really didn't deserve to stand on the same field as Celina. All Friday did was show how poor of a team sanger really was. hahaha it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

orange machine
11-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Hahahaha some of these posts are hilarious!! Last week, Sanger was a darkhorse who had a high powered and high scoring offense...an offense that hung 500 yards on a pretty good argyle squad. Last week they were going to give Celina all they could handle. Last week they were a trendy pick to upset the Bobcats. Now after Celina completely dominates from the opening snap, Sanger was just another nobody team who really didn't deserve to stand on the same field as Celina. All Friday did was show how poor of a team sanger really was. hahaha it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I agree people can say what they want, but they should atleast check out the stats for instance Sangers qb is only one of the top rated passers in the country. Anyways people who don't like the Bob ate will mouth off no matter what it's all good, besides how many of those people who are mouthing were at the game you think?

celinaorange
11-14-2010, 02:09 AM
I very seldom put my 2 cents worth in.....I normally just read the posts and get entertained by some of the comments from some of the Celina posters with their observations and opinions about Celina sports, especially football. I have been in Celina since 1973 (and still an outsider). My wife and I have had children, in-laws, and grand children involved in the sports program, school program, church and community programs during that time.

I have been involved in most of the activities during my time in Celina and have attended most all of the football games for many years. At least one and in many cases more than one of my children, son-in-laws, or grand children have been directly involved as a player or cheer leader in all of the State Championships that Celina has won since 1973. One of my grand sons played in the State Championship football game every year that he was in high school.

As you get older a lot of things change. People change, players change, attitudes change, and your children and grand children grow up and change. But in Celina, the Christain attitude and love and respect that my bunch grew up with, will never change.

So, let's give credit where credit is due.

The 'Celina Winning Attitute' and 'Work Ethic' began before I came to Celina, and my family benefited because of this attitude. It was already here and has hung on for a long extended period of time.

Several players, fans, and coaches have contributed to this success and have kept it going.

In my humble opinion I would like to point out and give credit to the 2 men that got it started back in the 60's and to the 2 that have kept it going. Back when Celina was Class B Virgil Miller started the Celina football winning attitude and hard nose work ethic and when he left Gerald Browder continued it. G. A. Moore and Butch Ford have benefited form this beginning and have kept it going. This is just one old man's opinion, but I would like to says "Thanks" to these men for what they did for Celina Schools and also what they did for my children and grand children in guiding them in a respectful and Christain manner.

Since I have been in Celina the attitude has never been to 'Rebuild'........it has always been to just 'ReLoad'.

Win or Lose, me and mine have been blessed by living in Celina, Texas, home of the BOBCATS.

OrangeChamps
11-14-2010, 04:44 AM
Very well put CelinaOrange!! I am a 4th generation Celinian (if that is the correct terminology?), and history is an absolute direct influence of Celina's success. My father played for Coach Miller, Browder, and Moore, after which i had the luxory to play for Coach Moore. Additionally, I had the fortune of having the Celina "SPIRIT" instilled upon me at an early age. Those coaches laid the foundation of Celina athletics that has shaped the program for the last 40 years!

I was just talking tonight to a Celina Great and he commented on how the hometown, Christian beliefs have shaped this community. This is also an integral part of why Celina has succeeded for such an enduring span. Yeah there has been a few dull stretches during those years, but the attitude and dedication has never changed.

As long as the families, players, cheerleaders, and other support groups follow those attributing factors WE will continue to strive. This is key for the influx of new population throughout the Celina ISD. It is imperative that these legacies continue and are instilled upon the young people that make this program Special. A lot of the arrogance that has developed due to past success is not desireable for those that made Celina what it is today. When the aforementioned factors are superseded by egotistical attitudes, the Celina of old will be lost.

Sorry everyone for the long parade, but it has been weighing heavily on me for a while and CelinaOrange spurred the horse. Christianity, Humility, and the desire to achieve more than possible have made Celina what it is. DO NOT FORGET THAT!!

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 05:08 AM

First off who said any of the 3 were team leaders?..They might have been starters and great ones but NONE OF US know in the dynamics of the team if they were truly leaders or not.

even if they were..Unless they broadcast to the team they were planning on doing what they did, how does the team even know to stop them? Again unless we all were there we dont know

The school I played for won State my Soph year..Not everyone of the top talented players were leaders or even close to being thought of as leaders. In fact one of the best leaders of the team played special teams and not much else.

I honestly find your view a strange one without knowing how everything happened and the dynamics of the team.

bobcat1
11-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Very well put CelinaOrange!! I am a 4th generation Celinian (if that is the correct terminology?), and history is an absolute direct influence of Celina's success. My father played for Coach Miller, Browder, and Moore, after which i had the luxory to play for Coach Moore. Additionally, I had the fortune of having the Celina "SPIRIT" instilled upon me at an early age. Those coaches laid the foundation of Celina athletics that has shaped the program for the last 40 years!

I was just talking tonight to a Celina Great and he commented on how the hometown, Christian beliefs have shaped this community. This is also an integral part of why Celina has succeeded for such an enduring span. Yeah there has been a few dull stretches during those years, but the attitude and dedication has never changed.

As long as the families, players, cheerleaders, and other support groups follow those attributing factors WE will continue to strive. This is key for the influx of new population throughout the Celina ISD. It is imperative that these legacies continue and are instilled upon the young people that make this program Special. A lot of the arrogance that has developed due to past success is not desireable for those that made Celina what it is today. When the aforementioned factors are superseded by egotistical attitudes, the Celina of old will be lost.

Sorry everyone for the long parade, but it has been weighing heavily on me for a while and CelinaOrange spurred the horse. Christianity, Humility, and the desire to achieve more than possible have made Celina what it is. DO NOT FORGET THAT!!
Originally posted by celinaorange
I very seldom put my 2 cents worth in.....I normally just read the posts and get entertained by some of the comments from some of the Celina posters with their observations and opinions about Celina sports, especially football. I have been in Celina since 1973 (and still an outsider). My wife and I have had children, in-laws, and grand children involved in the sports program, school program, church and community programs during that time.

I have been involved in most of the activities during my time in Celina and have attended most all of the football games for many years. At least one and in many cases more than one of my children, son-in-laws, or grand children have been directly involved as a player or cheer leader in all of the State Championships that Celina has won since 1973. One of my grand sons played in the State Championship football game every year that he was in high school.

As you get older a lot of things change. People change, players change, attitudes change, and your children and grand children grow up and change. But in Celina, the Christain attitude and love and respect that my bunch grew up with, will never change.

So, let's give credit where credit is due.

The 'Celina Winning Attitute' and 'Work Ethic' began before I came to Celina, and my family benefited because of this attitude. It was already here and has hung on for a long extended period of time.

Several players, fans, and coaches have contributed to this success and have kept it going.

In my humble opinion I would like to point out and give credit to the 2 men that got it started back in the 60's and to the 2 that have kept it going. Back when Celina was Class B Virgil Miller started the Celina football winning attitude and hard nose work ethic and when he left Gerald Browder continued it. G. A. Moore and Butch Ford have benefited form this beginning and have kept it going. This is just one old man's opinion, but I would like to says "Thanks" to these men for what they did for Celina Schools and also what they did for my children and grand children in guiding them in a respectful and Christain manner.

Since I have been in Celina the attitude has never been to 'Rebuild'........it has always been to just 'ReLoad'.

Win or Lose, me and mine have been blessed by living in Celina, Texas, home of the BOBCATS.
Nicely said. Thanks!:clap: :clap: :clap:

gatordaze
11-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
First off who said any of the 3 were team leaders?..They might have been starters and great ones but NONE OF US know in the dynamics of the team if they were truly leaders or not.

even if they were..Unless they broadcast to the team they were planning on doing what they did, how does the team even know to stop them? Again unless we all were there we dont know

The school I played for won State my Soph year..Not everyone of the top talented players were leaders or even close to being thought of as leaders. In fact one of the best leaders of the team played special teams and not much else.

I honestly find your view a strange one without knowing how everything happened and the dynamics of the team.

I susect that you would find it strange and your view is probably true for 99% of the teams out there.

There is more than 1 way to win it all.

If you get a chance take a look excepts at these 3 documentaries

Year of the Bull (warning for language) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY)

Perfect Effort (warning language) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRat31VOBCw&feature=related)

Power, Passion, and Glory (no warnings needed) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8gM1mjzI8E)

Each represent successful programs. In the first example success has been acheived by having a collection of more talent than the opponent and schoolyard intimidation. Teams like this have one on one mismatches that put them in a position to win most of the time based upon a few kids. I think Brownwood has that with Shipley this season. I am not comparing Brownwood culture to Miami NW in any way. Just that Miami NW has seeded many NFL guys and when you have one on your team in a skill position you have a mismatch that matters. Could these kids have a cocktail at halftime and still win it all? Probably.

The second is a team that is run like a business. And like any business that is a desireable place to work they get the pick of the top candidates. They are the who's who of celebrity athetes proginy. They staff, hire and train just like a business. They motivate like a business and they execute like a business. Great athelete and discipline equals results.

The last is truly about passion. Passion can be defined as intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction. If this is where you are on any topic there is little room for anything else (especially drinking at halftime) You can take a group of capable but average people that all have passion and a singular vision, with a little time you create greatness.

This latter is what I think has defined the great Celina teams. They may not have had the talent at the start of the season, but they had the passion and through good coaching and repitition they adjust and get better to the point that they extract every ounce of potential from their team in that particuar year.

I beleive that there is critical mass in anything and when enough or the right parts become aligned they all become aligned. In Celina's case 25+ Seniors decided long ago that 2010 was their time. The same kids were playing last season but there was not enough critical mass to cause alignment. This year there is and unless another team has superior talent or equal passion then Celina will prevail.

If you really beleive that a single vision and passion as I just described is what exists at LL, then how do you explain 3 out of the 4 most recognizable athetes on the team falling out of alignment during a game and jeopadizing that vision?

My guess is that LL succeeds under the "my athelets are better than yours" approach and not the passion approach.

If LL still has better athletes than Celina after all of this they still may win. They are not going to get the passion needed in 2-3 weeks.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2010, 10:20 AM
I quit reading after the first page, but one thing that was said stuck out to me.

What does it matter if a poster wants to "look ahead?"

As long as the team and the coaches aren't looking ahead, I don't see what it matters if one of us does.

d0tc0m
11-14-2010, 10:59 AM
hahaha it doesn't matter at all RM! they wont let us has-beens on the field, so nothing we say can have an effect on the outcome.

MoveInDad
11-14-2010, 01:46 PM
I susect that you would find it strange and your view is probably true for 99% of the teams out there.

Year of the Bull (warning for language) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY)

Perfect Effort (warning language) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRat31VOBCw&feature=related)

Power, Passion, and Glory (no warnings needed) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8gM1mjzI8E)

Each represent successful programs. In the first example success has been acheived by having a collection of more talent than the opponent and schoolyard intimidation. Teams like this have one on one mismatches that put them in a position to win most of the time based upon a few kids. I think Brownwood has that with Shipley this season. I am not comparing Brownwood culture to Miami NW in any way. Just that Miami NW has seeded many NFL guys and when you have one on your team in a skill position you have a mismatch that matters. Could these kids have a cocktail at halftime and still win it all? Probably.

The second is a team that is run like a business. And like any business that is a desireable place to work they get the pick of the top candidates. They are the who's who of celebrity athetes proginy. They staff, hire and train just like a business. They motivate like a business and they execute like a business. Great athelete and discipline equals results.

The last is truly about passion. Passion can be defined as intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction. If this is where you are on any topic there is little room for anything else (especially drinking at halftime) You can take a group of capable but average people that all have passion and a singular vision, with a little time you create greatness.

This latter is what I think has defined the great Celina teams. They may not have had the talent at the start of the season, but they had the passion and through good coaching and repitition they adjust and get better to the point that they extract every ounce of potential from their team in that particuar year.

I beleive that there is critical mass in anything and when enough or the right parts become aligned they all become aligned. In Celina's case 25+ Seniors decided long ago that 2010 was their time. The same kids were playing last season but there was not enough critical mass to cause alignment. This year there is and unless another team has superior talent or equal passion then Celina will prevail.

If you really beleive that a single vision and passion as I just described is what exists at LL, then how do you explain 3 out of the 4 most recognizable athetes on the team falling out of alignment during a game and jeopadizing that vision?

My guess is that LL succeeds under the "my athelets are better than yours" approach and not the passion approach.

If LL still has better athletes than Celina after all of this they still may win. They are not going to get the passion needed in 2-3 weeks.
Nicely said, however I'm sure others reading this will scoff... believing their young men posses a passion for the game, to play hard and win. And depending on their definition, they will be correct, but passion, as you define, is more conviction than desire - and that comes from consistently achieving the results of one's desires.

Celina doesn't have a lock on 'passion', without having any inside on Carthage, they seem to also now possess the conviction that can turn desire into results, and there others of course to point to, but Celina's record over the last 16 years, including the 7 titles, the runner up years, semi's etc, have given this program a conviction component perhaps unmatched in 3A.

But as Gator pointed out, there are reasons in some years passion isn't going to be enough to win it all. There are others as well, injuries to key players come to mind etc.

I think the 16 years figure above has some significance... for as long as these boys can remember Celina has been winning or playing for it all in most of those years.
Probably come back to this later...life is calling.
cheers!

FHS 74
11-14-2010, 04:51 PM
So I'm guessing if all these kids haven't been in Celina for all the sixteen years that there was after school sessions and summer school available to get caught up on Passion 101.

ctown
11-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by FHS 74
So I'm guessing if all these kids haven't been in Celina for all the sixteen years that there was after school sessions and summer school available to get caught up on Passion 101.

Pretty much. They recognize and adapt to what is there or they don't play. There is no in between. A huge chunk of this year's seniors have been playing together since they were little. The other guys have come on board and become a key part of that core. But make no mistake, the core dictates the mode of the team, not the move ins.

charlesrixey
11-14-2010, 05:20 PM

absolutely true

Sanger was 9-0 before they lost to a top-5 Argyle team 56-45, a game they led most of the way through.

And Celina led them 42-0 through 3 quarters.

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Again ur making an assumption that LL as a whole is not passionate because 3 players made a stupid mistake..I just dont think that is fair to judge a team and a program by that.

gatordaze
11-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Again ur making an assumption that LL as a whole is not passionate because 3 players made a stupid mistake..I just dont think that is fair to judge a team and a program by that.

I don't have to be fair anymore than you have to understand my point. Good luck Friday

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't have to be fair anymore than you have to understand my point. Good luck Friday

good luck? I am not a LL follower lol. I aint got a dog in this fight so to speak.

gatordaze
11-14-2010, 10:00 PM
good luck? I am not a LL follower lol. I aint got a dog in this fight so to speak.

Then good luck mowing your yard or whatever you have planned

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Then good luck mowing your yard or whatever you have planned

:rolleyes:

Gsquared
11-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Ill say Celina 35 Lovejoy 14 in this one.

Eagle2
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
I heard this game was moved to the Smirnoff Center. Any truth to that?

RPF2666
11-15-2010, 09:58 AM
That is flat out not right...:doh:

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Eagle2
I heard this game was moved to the Smirnoff Center. Any truth to that? Come on now. :rolleyes:

WildTexan972
11-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Man, you guys sure got awfully confident after last night. Celina beat a mediocore team and you would think that you guys beat the top team in the state. No doubt that Celina is good, but I would be more like bobcat1 and take one game at a time. Lovejoy is not a Sanger. I see a close hard fought game with Celina coming out on top! Good luck to both! May the best team win!

like the wood beat any type of decent team last week.....you guys act like dogpiling on a mediocre team gives YOU reason to brag, but anyone else beating a Better team did nothing...

Sanger could hang 70 on IP so what you did was nothing really but a hissy fit by a whiney coach....

WildTexan972
11-15-2010, 11:13 AM

making the playoffs in 3A with a bunch of stolen 4/5A players carved out of big school districts is not such a feat....who have they beaten in that time? Farmersville? wow....impressive indeed....

it should be a good game alright, but then that was expected with Sanger, and Sanger gave Argyle all they could handle the week before, moreso than LL did when they played....

although I will give em this......LL could hang 88 on IP as well as the Wood did.....

marler1972
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I heard this game was moved to the Smirnoff Center. Any truth to that?

WOW:vrycnfsd:

BILLYFRED0000
11-15-2010, 11:55 AM
I believe that LL is a good football team.
Probably going to be the toughest defense we have faced this year. Their O on the other hand won't be any better than a couple we have already faced IMHO. We shall see.

BwdLions
11-15-2010, 11:56 AM
like the wood beat any type of decent team last week.....you guys act like dogpiling on a mediocre team gives YOU reason to brag, but anyone else beating a Better team did nothing...

Sanger could hang 70 on IP so what you did was nothing really but a hissy fit by a whiney coach....

Good grief, look who thinks he actually adds something intelligent to the conversation. :rolleyes:

RPF2666
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
I wonder if it sounds as rediculous while he's saying it out loud to himself?

marler1972
11-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I believe that LL is a good football team.
Probably going to be the toughest defense we have faced this year. Their O on the other hand won't be any better than a couple we have already faced IMHO. We shall see.

I had heard there O was the strong part of their team not the D.

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Good grief, look who thinks he actually adds something intelligent to the conversation. :rolleyes: He is Celina's Rocket for sure. :D

Eagle2
11-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I've seen both teams play. I honestly think LJ has no prayer in this game. I think Celina would beat them down at full strength but now with their suspensions it's going to be ugly. Celina looks like the Celina of old again. The Celina teams that don't have a super star but the Celina teams that just dominate the game from start to finish. Celina rolls in this game....

WildTexan972
11-15-2010, 12:46 PM
He is Celina's Rocket for sure. :D

like any of those Bwd hillbillies have any intelligence at all to offer after 30 years of little results...

and NO I am not a Celina town favorite since I don't go to the weekly booster club meeting to practice the fabled "humble but we win but we never SAY we win" speeches.....we WON our 7th title (we had 8 trophies but the 1st one we TIED for and did not WIN it and it urks the 70s guys to bring that up) and I was there for all the winnings - and then we were supposed to be "humble" as we hung 8 titles flags and signs and tshirts all over the earth....that is humble?

I happen to have my own brain so I don't need the coaches telling me what I can or can't say.....but as I keep sayin - prove me wrong THEN feel free to have me be quiet....but until then, as is usually the case, I am right AGAIN.....

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 12:55 PM
like any of those Bwd hillbillies have any intelligence at all to offer after 30 years of little results...

and NO I am not a Celina town favorite since I don't go to the weekly booster club meeting to practice the fabled "humble but we win but we never SAY we win" speeches.....we WON our 7th title (we had 8 trophies but the 1st one we TIED for and did not WIN it and it urks the 70s guys to bring that up) and I was there for all the winnings - and then we were supposed to be "humble" as we hung 8 titles flags and signs and tshirts all over the earth....that is humble?

I happen to have my own brain so I don't need the coaches telling me what I can or can't say.....but as I keep sayin - prove me wrong THEN feel free to have me be quiet....but until then, as is usually the case, I am right AGAIN..... Oh okay.:rolleyes: You still helping set up the band stuff?

BILLYFRED0000
11-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
I had heard there O was the strong part of their team not the D.

IF you look at massey he does have the O rated stronger. I was massaging the fact that they have to change a little for the change at QB. Their D is about the best rated d we will have faced this year.

I am not one of those that is predicting a beat down. The d will have to play extremely well against this squad. And the O will need to play mistake free.

Deuce
11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh okay.:rolleyes: You still helping set up the band stuff?

good stuff here!

WildTexan972
11-15-2010, 01:41 PM

nope.....but since 2 of my kids were in the band, I do keep findin it hilarious that some bucketheads who only live for football downgrade a parent that helps with their kids' events....had 2 daughters in drill team and watched them each game too - is that your next mouthoff? and I have a son on the team, but I guess watchin him is ok since that is FOOTBALL.....

we did FFA too, so is that next for you to complain about? we was GOOD at it too, and it got my daughter a year of college on limited scholarship, yet to pigskin-heads I doubt that is worthy of a parents time or energy....and there was UIL thinking events....not many football boys in that....

I will go with this - most of what I have done is a better benefit to the kids involved than a weekly breakfast to watch game films or hear speeches is to the kids on the football team.....both of my daughters got a ring and now my son seeks his - hopefully none of these boys now lose their guts and drive like those supposed "leaders" did last year.....

PPSTATEBOUND
11-15-2010, 01:44 PM

OMG.....Hilarious.

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 01:59 PM
nope.....but since 2 of my kids were in the band, I do keep findin it hilarious that some bucketheads who only live for football downgrade a parent that helps with their kids' events....had 2 daughters in drill team and watched them each game too - is that your next mouthoff? and I have a son on the team, but I guess watchin him is ok since that is FOOTBALL.....

we did FFA too, so is that next for you to complain about? we was GOOD at it too, and it got my daughter a year of college on limited scholarship, yet to pigskin-heads I doubt that is worthy of a parents time or energy....and there was UIL thinking events....not many football boys in that....

I will go with this - most of what I have done is a better benefit to the kids involved than a weekly breakfast to watch game films or hear speeches is to the kids on the football team.....both of my daughters got a ring and now my son seeks his - hopefully none of these boys now lose their guts and drive like those supposed "leaders" did last year..... Dang! I just asked a question Napolean. Chill. I just wanted to make sure I remembered who you were. I didn't complain about anything you do. Why so defensive?:rolleyes:

Eagle2
11-15-2010, 02:04 PM

I will go with this - most of what I have done is a better benefit to the kids involved than a weekly breakfast to watch game films or hear speeches is to the kids on the football team.....both of my daughters got a ring and now my son seeks his - hopefully none of these boys now lose their guts and drive like those supposed "leaders" did last year.....

This guy must be a move in.......:kiss:

PPSTATEBOUND
11-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Dang! I just asked a question Napolean. Chill. I just wanted to make sure I remembered who you were. I didn't complain about anything you do. Why so defensive?:rolleyes:

He's only 5'5"...:D

BILLYFRED0000
11-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Hey my oldest was Las Gatitas class of 03. And she was good.

gatordaze
11-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Dang! I just asked a question Napolean. Chill. I just wanted to make sure I remembered who you were. I didn't complain about anything you do. Why so defensive?:rolleyes:

Settle down.. See what hapens when the LL people abandon their team we are forced to talk smack to each other!

I know what will help... Brownwood sucks!

defense51
11-15-2010, 03:05 PM
should be an excellent game, Celina gets the nod in this one by 7

MesquiteFan
11-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Settle down.. See what hapens when the LL people abandon their team we are forced to talk smack to each other!

lol what LL people? The only one I know of is Charlie47 on the board and Emerson1 I think

Eagle2
11-15-2010, 03:27 PM

This just cracked me up......

hollywood
11-15-2010, 03:43 PM

Oh crap, it's on now!!!

:D

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 03:52 PM

I know what will help... Brownwood sucks! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Louie13
11-15-2010, 04:38 PM

Wow! Look how you folks try to deflect the untasty topics within your ranks. The reason the Bwd Board has 8000 posts right now is cause we are not trying to smack each other. Ya'll hop on and provide plenty of ammo. Right now there's nothing going on (785 posts) on the Kirbyville site and Kv has a poster who wants to stir us up and talk about events that are not here yet. We are doing our best to focus on Bridgeport! This is Funny!:cool:

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Wow! Look how you folks try to deflect the untasty topics within your ranks. The reason the Bwd Board has 8000 posts right now is cause we are not trying to smack each other. Ya'll hop on and provide plenty of ammo. Right now there's nothing going on (785 posts) on the Kirbyville site and Kv has a poster who wants to stir us up and talk about events that are not here yet. We are doing our best to focus on Bridgeport! This is Funny!:cool: Ms Louie13, we all have our Rockets. :D

Louie13
11-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Ms Louie13, we all have our Rockets. :D

lol Moby Dick and the albatross!:D

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 04:51 PM
lol Moby Dick and the albatross!:D Zactly!:clap:

ccmom
11-15-2010, 04:54 PM
lol Moby Dick and the albatross!:D

....nevermind, I'll be nice....;)

garciap77
11-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Lucas Lovejoy 65

Selina 12

ctown
11-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Lucas Lovejoy 65

Selina 12

Whoopee. Everyone's full of piss and vinegar after winning the first round last week.:p

MoveInDad
11-15-2010, 06:57 PM
This guy must be a move in.......:kiss:
I'm the only MoveInDad in Celina ;)

Bullaholic
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
I can't make a very informed opinion on this game never having seen LL, and only seeing Celina in a scrimmage. However, based on the Bobcat's margins of victory of late, most noticeably over a pretty good Sanger team, I have picked Celina as my eventual D1 SC bracket winner after winning over LL by 7-14 and moving on. Again, that is just a speculative guess. As always, a few Fridays from now and we will get to see how smart, or dumb, we all are.

garciap77
11-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Whoopee. Everyone's full of piss and vinegar after winning the first round last week.:p

WildTexan972
11-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
He's only 5'5"...:D

2 things to a guy with PP on all his clothes....

1) no I am not Rocket-sized

and B) you'd not know anyway since you never have the guts to show up when I set up a meeting to knock the PP off your hat....

btw....how is that November bball practice coming?

November bball practice is for GIRLS....and the weak PP sissies that fail in a mediocre district....

CHS_89
11-15-2010, 08:58 PM
My take on this game after watching Celina vs. Sanger: Celina offense takes control of the clock early with the punishing running game. The question is, can the Leopards make some stops? I don't think they can stop the multi faceted Bobcat running game. The Lovejoy defense will be winded by half and asking for the name of the truck that just ran over them.
Celina's swarming defense comes after the QB from all angles placing major pressure on the passer. He will be running for his life and forced to make plays, resulting in a turnover or two. Give the ball back to Celina on a turnover or punt and they will grind it out and control the clock. If they go up on Lovejoy by 2 TD's, Lovejoy will have to play catch-up. Conditioning plays a big role in this game and I give Celina the edge. Lovejoy's running game will have success early, and Celina will adjust accordingly to shut it down.
I say Celina 42, LL 14. Go get #9 boys!!!

JJWalker
11-15-2010, 09:43 PM

and B) you'd not know anyway since you never have the guts to show up when I set up a meeting to knock the PP off your hat....

November bball practice is for GIRLS....and the weak PP sissies that fail in a mediocre district....
You have a purty mouth ... Ned! :eek:

MoveInDad
11-15-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
You have a purty mouth ... Ned! :eek:
Anybody hear a banjo? ;)
Take it easy boys, let the coaches coach, the players and the band play, and the cheerleaders cheer... and be thankful we have a good team with a real opportunity to get #9, one a game at a time.
cheers

alaskacat
11-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Lucas Lovejoy 65

Selina 12

At least spell it right...its not named after Mexican singer :)

PPSTATEBOUND
11-16-2010, 10:49 AM

LOL.:)

MoveInDad
11-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey get the goat out..
Watch it PP... HERE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108969) Just trying to help.

Old&Crusty
11-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by CHS_89
My take on this game after watching Celina vs. Sanger: Celina offense takes control of the clock early with the punishing running game. The question is, can the Leopards make some stops? I don't think they can stop the multi faceted Bobcat running game. The Lovejoy defense will be winded by half and asking for the name of the truck that just ran over them.
Celina's swarming defense comes after the QB from all angles placing major pressure on the passer. He will be running for his life and forced to make plays, resulting in a turnover or two. Give the ball back to Celina on a turnover or punt and they will grind it out and control the clock. If they go up on Lovejoy by 2 TD's, Lovejoy will have to play catch-up. Conditioning plays a big role in this game and I give Celina the edge. Lovejoy's running game will have success early, and Celina will adjust accordingly to shut it down.

DANG! Hope you're right.

Old&Crusty
11-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I can't make a very informed opinion on this game never having seen LL, and only seeing Celina in a scrimmage. However, based on the Bobcat's margins of victory of late, most noticeably over a pretty good Sanger team, I have picked Celina as my eventual D1 SC bracket winner after winning over LL by 7-14 and moving on. Again, that is just a speculative guess. As always, a few Fridays from now and we will get to see how smart, or dumb, we all are.

I agree with your pick and your reasoning. I can't say the same for the Bulls. Seems y'all may have a bigger hill to climb than the Bobcat's. No team is perfect, but BW is firing on all cylinders and may not get stopped until late in the playoffs. Good luck.

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, I thought Sanger would be a measuring stick of sorts and it was. We played solid all the way around and held a very good offensive team down. LL will be better on both sides of the ball but Sanger was no slouch on offense. We just made them look that way.

MoveInDad
11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Well, I thought Sanger would be a measuring stick of sorts and it was. We played solid all the way around and held a very good offensive team down. LL will be better on both sides of the ball but Sanger was no slouch on offense. We just made them look that way.
May have been posted before, if not HERE (http://www.planostar.com/articles/2010/11/14/sports_update/8917a.txt) is a good article on LL posted after their win Friday.... thanks Ken!

garciap77
11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
At least spell it right...its not named after Mexican singer :)

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Lucas Lovejoy 65

Celina 12

;)

MesquiteFan
11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Can it be Friday yet? I am ready for this game!

MoveInDad
11-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Lucas Lovejoy 65
Celina 12
;) Everybody has an opinion, like a rear-end, what is yours based on? :D :hand: ;)

RPF2666
11-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
May have been posted before, if not HERE (http://www.planostar.com/articles/2010/11/14/sports_update/8917a.txt) is a good article on LL posted after their win Friday.... thanks Ken!

Good article. I like the Bobcats in this one.

:clap:

ctown
11-16-2010, 01:54 PM

Lucas Lovejoy 65

Celina 12

;)

Those are the average speeds of the vehicles from each town as they leave the Stadium when Celina wins.:twitch:

BEAST
11-16-2010, 02:14 PM
I didnt realize Means was no longer on the team. What happened?

BEAST

RPF2666
11-16-2010, 02:15 PM
"Breach of Team Rules"

He and two other offensive starters...

RPF2666
11-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Sorry for that, but it's the 'Official Answer' I was given...:rolleyes:

BEAST
11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
WOW!! Way to go coach. That takes some serious cojones. Guess I have had my mind on all the Brownwood games that I missed this news. How long has he been off the team?

BEAST

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2010, 02:20 PM
I think we should all take a moment and once again try to bring life to this thread. There are no LL posters and so

BROWNWOOD STILL SUCKS........:D

Pendragon13
11-16-2010, 02:22 PM

You may not think that a teams personality matters. It does. Unless Lovejoy is a lot more talented man for man than Celina, this game will not even be close. No, they were probably walking around in Allen eagle jerseys.:D

After watching LL take a very good and determined Wylie team to the wire last year in the semi-finals..and knowing that most of their skill players are back this year...don't underestimate them.

Also, tradition is a wonderful thing...but so is being one the pioneers of a new tradition. Other schools players are trying to uphold a legacy while LL is trying to create one for future teams to follow.

edit- just read the rest of the thread and found out some LL players are off the team?:eek:

RPF2666
11-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
WOW!! Way to go coach. That takes some serious cojones. Guess I have had my mind on all the Brownwood games that I missed this news. How long has he been off the team?

BEAST

Prior to last weeks game...30 day in-school-suspension...
NO extra-curiculars...

RPF2666
11-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Prior to last weeks game...30 day in-school-suspension...
NO extra-curiculars...

Apparently it was a NO BRAINER on the part of the boys, and the coach...

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
No, they were probably walking around in Allen eagle jerseys.:D

After watching LL take a very good and determined Wylie team to the wire last year in the semi-finals..and knowing that most of their skill players are back this year...don't underestimate them.

Also, tradition is a wonderful thing...but so is being one the pioneers of a new tradition. Other schools players are trying to uphold a legacy while LL is trying to create one for future teams to follow.

edit- just read the rest of the thread and found out some LL players are off the team?:eek:

So the only thing they are missing then is the same system more or less that has been taught these boys for the last 22 years. That was when GA came back the last time with Butch as his assistant. And these boys have been learning this system from the time they were in the fifth grade to boot which is 4 more years than LL has been playing for the Seniors. And some may have been playing longer. Still think there is not a difference?

firstdown
11-16-2010, 03:30 PM
I think we should all take a moment and once again try to bring life to this thread. There are no LL posters and so

BROWNWOOD STILL SUCKS........:D

What happened to all LL posters/fans? Charlie47,Mesquitefan, are the only two that come to mind but they are MIA.

BILLYFRED0000
11-16-2010, 03:47 PM
What happened to all LL posters/fans? Charlie47,Mesquitefan, are the only two that come to mind but they are MIA.

Dont know. LL just does not have the tradition of Celina I guess.....:p

coachc45
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM
http://www.courier-gazette.com/articles/2010/11/12/sports_update/8929.txt

Article about the kids kicked off at lovejoy

Eagle2
11-16-2010, 05:34 PM
No Means equals no prayer......good night Leopards! Really wasn't much of a prayer anyways!

RPF2666
11-16-2010, 05:43 PM

Charlie47 made a 'Last Post' last week. He was very adament that the 'rumors' coming out of LL were just that. He got pretty aggressive to people questioning it.

Then it came out he appologized and said he was done.

Too bad, he was a Good 'Un!

MoveInDad
11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
No Means equals no prayer......good night Leopards! Really wasn't much of a prayer anyways!
Man, you're just trying to put the hex on the us!

Eagle2
11-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Man, you're just trying to put the hex on the us!

No sir. I finally got to watch Celina play and if they play like they did against Sanger there is not a team in 3A going to touch them.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
I've heard the #2 QB is a very good passer. Did this happen before last weeks playoff game?

MoveInDad
11-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
I've heard the #2 QB is a very good passer. Did this happen before last weeks playoff game?
Yes, but evidently from other comments etc here and on the DMN forum, its a real blow. The #1 QB was da man... a 3 yr starter, leader and play maker, it really is a shame for and the 2 other boys.

gatordaze
11-16-2010, 06:30 PM
No sir. I finally got to watch Celina play and if they play like they did against Sanger there is not a team in 3A going to touch them.

Dude, shhh don't let rocket hear you say that! I mean it! it is really not worth it...

MoveInDad
11-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Dude, shhh don't let rocket hear you say that! I mean it! it is really not worth it... Too late...even if you edit your post the original is there for all eternity!

MesquiteFan
11-16-2010, 07:25 PM

lol I wouldn't really call myself a LL poster just because I broadcast their games. I try to stay professional and remain unbiased and think I do a good job of that. I would say that many of my posts come across objectively. I never make predictions as to how LL will play or how their opponents will play, I just try to bring some insight since I am around the team often but I in no way root for or against LL. The only thing I have said on this thread is that it's impossible to question the passion of an entire football team based on the actions of a few and I feel it's foolish to discount a team's passion based on the number of years a school has been open, which are sentiments I would share regardless of which team I was talking about.

charlesrixey
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
lol I wouldn't really call myself a LL poster just because I broadcast their games. I try to stay professional and remain unbiased and think I do a good job of that. I would say that many of my posts come across objectively. I never make predictions as to how LL will play or how their opponents will play, I just try to bring some insight since I am around the team often but I in no way root for or against LL. The only thing I have said on this thread is that it's impossible to question the passion of an entire football team based on the actions of a few and I feel it's foolish to discount a team's passion based on the number of years a school has been open, which are sentiments I would share regardless of which team I was talking about.

i agree-this doesnt matter. i dont care what mistakes some teenagers made-it doesnt reflect on the city as a whole (see all other teams who occasionally have trouble). I also dont care about arguing about tradition. I am from celina, i love celina, but why cant we just appreciate what we have and be positive when other schools, new or not, are growing traditions of their own?

who cares anyway? this is a matchup of two top ten teams. id rather talk about that

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i agree-this doesnt matter. i dont care what mistakes some teenagers made-it doesnt reflect on the city as a whole (see all other teams who occasionally have trouble). I also dont care about arguing about tradition. I am from celina, i love celina, but why cant we just appreciate what we have and be positive when other schools, new or not, are growing traditions of their own?

who cares anyway? this is a matchup of two top ten teams. id rather talk about that
This is a sad day for highschool football. I remember in 2007, we at Tatum were on our way to our third state championship in a row. After our second playoff game our star linebacker/ back up tailback and our 6'5 300 pound defensive/offensive tackle, both being recruited got kicked off for ----- I would say why, but it is not fair to the youn men and their family. This hurts the young men now and in the future. It hurts the team, the school, and the community. I feel sorry for LL. They would not have beaten Celina, but the game would have been much better. We lost in overtime, with those two in the game, we win three in a row.

firstdown
11-16-2010, 09:09 PM

My bad I didn't realize you did the broadcast. I thought you were like me... just another fan of your team.

OrangeChamps
11-16-2010, 11:31 PM

Whoa '89. That's a big prediction. You have any inside information to back it up or are you just being a huge Celina homer?!? LOL.

91 lion
11-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Lovejoy 38
Celina 28

MesquiteFan
11-17-2010, 02:04 AM
My bad I didn't realize you did the broadcast. I thought you were like me... just another fan of your team.

No worries, firstdown. :D I do enjoy this board and everyone's opinions and dishing mine out too. Sometimes those opinions show favor towards Lovejoy, other times they don't. I just try to be honest.

I would call myself more of a supporter than a fan of LL.

MesquiteFan
11-17-2010, 02:14 AM
LL is very confident in Ryan Lusby's ability to lead the team. He is a very smart player and has a good skill set as a pass-first quarterback. He even called his own plays while he was in blowouts late in the game.

The biggest difference between Means and Lusby is that Means runs when he feels pressure because that is what he was more comfortable doing. Lusby, when he feels pressure, keeps his head up and looks for open receivers in one-on-one coverage.

From what I hear from you Celina folks about the pass rush for the Bobcats, he may be feeling a lot of pressure. We'll see.

CHS_89
11-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Whoa '89. That's a big prediction. You have any inside information to back it up or are you just being a huge Celina homer?!? LOL.

;)

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
... who cares anyway? this is a matchup of two top ten teams. id rather talk about that
amen bro...

gatordaze
11-17-2010, 09:26 AM
LL is very confident in Ryan Lusby's ability to lead the team. He is a very smart player and has a good skill set as a pass-first quarterback. He even called his own plays while he was in blowouts late in the game.

The biggest difference between Means and Lusby is that Means runs when he feels pressure because that is what he was more comfortable doing. Lusby, when he feels pressure, keeps his head up and looks for open receivers in one-on-one coverage.

From what I hear from you Celina folks about the pass rush for the Bobcats, he may be feeling a lot of pressure. We'll see.

I think that we will match up better with him than Means. The Dline is fast and gets a lot of pressure but the linebackers have struggled in containing a QB that is flushed from the pocket.

They had success last week because Sanger's QB does not scramble and the DB's were able press the receivers at the LOS.

The mismatch that could give Celina fits is a scrambling QB and physical receivers that cannot be pressed.

Aesculus gilmus
11-17-2010, 09:57 AM
The mismatch that could give Celina fits is a scrambling QB and physical receivers that cannot be pressed.

You're going to have fits with Henderson then.

RPF2666
11-17-2010, 09:57 AM
You better believe LL will know that, and be prepared to test it, as will everyone we face moving forward.

Gonna be fun...

Aesculus gilmus
11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Charlie47 made a 'Last Post' last week. He was very adament that the 'rumors' coming out of LL were just that. He got pretty aggressive to people questioning it.

Then it came out he appologized and said he was done.

Too bad, he was a Good 'Un!

I saw that. It was bizarre. Charlie47 was a bit touchy, though. I remember last season he "jumped" me for having the effrontery to look up and then mention the average household income of families in the Lovejoy district. Maybe this will get hit to come out of retirement to read me the Riot Act on this again.

It just totally took me aback. Why wouldn't a district be proud of how economically successful its families are? I had no clue it was going to cause such an outburst on his part.

gatordaze
11-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
You're going to have fits with Henderson then.

Could be

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I saw that. It was bizarre. Charlie47 was a bit touchy, though. I remember last season he "jumped" me for having the effrontery to look up and then mention the average household income of families in the Lovejoy district. Maybe this will get hit to come out of retirement to read me the Riot Act on this again.

It just totally took me aback. Why wouldn't a district be proud of how economically successful its families are? I had no clue it was going to cause such an outburst on his part.
Saw that, he's more than a bit touchy for a mostly football message board... LL wins and he'll be back. I know you're reading this Charlie, but don't stay away just to prove me wrong. ;)

Gsquared
11-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Henderson (if they beat Lindale) could be quiet a test for Celina. If Henderson can duplicate the three quarters I saw them play againt Carthage (and add a fourth qtr) then I would be tempted to pick the Lions in a Lion vs Bobcat matchup. Problem is, Henderson seems to be so up and down this year.

bobcat1
11-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Henderson (if they beat Lindale) could be quiet a test for Celina. If Henderson can duplicate the three quarters I saw them play againt Carthage (and add a fourth qtr) then I would be tempted to pick the Lions in a Lion vs Bobcat matchup. Problem is, Henderson seems to be so up and down this year. Each week will get tougher as Celina goes. I see it as Lovejoy then Henderson then Alvarado(or whomever comes out of Region1) then Chapell Hill/Navasota. None more important than this week against Lovejoy. We have to contain their scrambling/running game period. Key thing to it all is mistake free intense football.

Gsquared
11-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Each week will get tougher as Celina goes. I see it as Lovejoy then Henderson then Alvarado(or whomever comes out of Region1) then Chapell Hill/Navasota. None more important than this week against Lovejoy. We have to contain their scrambling/running game period. Key thing to it all is mistake free intense football.
Nobody plays mistake free intense football better than Celina, thats why I look for it to be Celina vs Chapell Hill in the final.

bobcat1
11-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Our linebackers will need to play very disciplined this week also. Everyone must be accounted for.

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Each week will get tougher as Celina goes. I see it as Lovejoy then Henderson then Alvarado(or whomever comes out of Region1) then Chapell Hill/Navasota. None more important than this week against Lovejoy. We have to contain their scrambling/running game period. Key thing to it all is mistake free intense football.
IF CH and Navasota meet in round 3, AND Celina is still playing, BUT not on the same night, I'll be heading to that game. A perfect trifecta of ifs, ands and buts... ;)

d0tc0m
11-17-2010, 12:28 PM
agreed movein, that'd sure be a fun game to be at...and a fun situation to be in as well with us advancing! I sure wish I was in for this game this week, so the boys gotta win so i can see em play on Turkey day or something! Anybody know if and where this game is being broadcast on the web?

Eagle2
11-17-2010, 12:31 PM
ESPN Radio sponsored by Grey Goose....:eek:

RPF2666
11-17-2010, 12:37 PM
agreed movein, that'd sure be a fun game to be at...and a fun situation to be in as well with us advancing! I sure wish I was in for this game this week, so the boys gotta win so i can see em play on Turkey day or something! Anybody know if and where this game is being broadcast on the web?

www.championslivehere.com

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 12:48 PM
A sense of humor and good taste... cheers!

bobcat1
11-17-2010, 01:06 PM
www.championslivehere.com +1

marler1972
11-17-2010, 01:16 PM
I say Lindale Beats Henderson , after what I saw from our guys last week i will just say they impressed the hell out of me.......

marler1972
11-17-2010, 01:18 PM

I laughed out loud when I read that.....

RPF2666
11-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Wrong...but funny none-the-less...;)

bobcat1
11-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
I say Lindale Beats Henderson , after what I saw from our guys last week i will just say they impressed the hell out of me....... Lindale winning sure could happen and the Bobcats impressed me as well. Great TEAM effort. No superstars... all about team. Equal strength all pushing in one direction. Good stuff

d0tc0m
11-17-2010, 06:01 PM
www.championslivehere.com

Thanks RP! Next question, does anyone know if I'll need a special plugin to stream it on my mac?because on most other webcasts it always tells me I need to download a plugin but never actually let's me. Just curious if anyone has mac.

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks RP! Next question, does anyone know if I'll need a special plugin to stream it on my mac?because on most other webcasts it always tells me I need to download a plugin but never actually let's me. Just curious if anyone has mac.
I don't, but I'm trying to get to 500 posts in the next 10 mins so I'm posting useless info like this ;)

d0tc0m
11-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't, but I'm trying to get to 500 posts in the next 10 mins so I'm posting useless info like this ;)

Hahaha fair enough movein! I'll try to help you out! What's the weather supposed to be like on Friday?

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Hahaha fair enough movein! I'll try to help you out! What's the weather supposed to be like on Friday?
And now for the weather and my 500th post, which I think means I move up to Varsity! YEAH!
Friday night in Denton looks like perfect football weather, game time temps high 50s down to high 40s with light winds and partly cloudy skies. As opposed to the 35mph gusts blowing dark clouds in right now... dammit, looks like I only made Letterman with this post :doh:

RPF2666
11-17-2010, 06:50 PM

I'd go on and try to listen to one of the archived games...

MoveInDad
11-17-2010, 08:21 PM

RPF2666
11-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Sure is slow with no LL die hards!!!

Charlie, come out come out wherever you are....

Charlie47
11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Sure is slow with no LL die hards!!!

Charlie, come out come out wherever you are....

OK, you got me! Ya'll ready for some football! ;) :clap:

Bruce
11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Good to have you back Charlie, your a all class person,in other words, a gentleman.Thanks!

MesquiteFan
11-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47

Welcome back, Charlie!! :clap:

Tired ole Bobcat
11-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Glad to see your name on the board again. Welcome back!!!!

Charlie47
11-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
Good to have you back Charlie, your a all class person,in other words, a gentleman.Thanks!

Thanks Bruce, I really appreciate you. This has been a rough couple of weeks for me. First of all, I dislike RUMORS of any kind, aimed at any team. I made a major effort to find out the truth. I thought I had that.
BTW, I have had several contacts with the folks that gave the the Rumor info. First, you have to understand the lengths that the team went to keep the info from getting out. I have since contacted one of the kids on the team that I went to church with. Even he would not discuss it. The folks that sent me the letter denying the rumor, thought sincerely that that was what I was talking about. Their son had not discussed the rumor until a day latter.

I'm very sad the irrresponsible thing that occurred during halftime of the
Nevada Comm. game has hurt the team the most. Unfortunatly, young folks don't always think things through. I'm confident they would never do something that would hurt their teammates like this has, again.

Guys, I love 3A DownLow, I'm not a person who enjoys having people dislike them. I do apologize to the people that I have offended, that was not my purpose.

To my Celina friends, I wish you all well, however I sure hope that the Lovejoy kids come together. I sure hope neither team has any injuries.
We still have great kids left, but any injuries would really hurt our chances.

I'm kinda surprised that ya'll are so confident that you've already
moved on to the Lindale/Henderson game. We may be down some, but
we won't roll over.
;) :)

bobcat1
11-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Welcome back Charlie. Most of us, myself included, are all about Friday night. I too hope there are no injuries. After raising 4 boys I know all to well decisions made by young men are most always never thought through. I am sorry it happened the way it did at Lovejoy. I am sure you are right, it would never happen again. As far as looking forward to a next game, yes I do that but I never look over this game. It is still front in center in my mind as it should be with everyone concerned. Again it is good you are back. Here's to a great game with Celina winning of course. ;)

Charlie47
11-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Welcome back Charlie. Most of us, myself included, are all about Friday night. I too hope there are no injuries. After raising 4 boys I know all to well decisions made by young men are most always never thought through. I am sorry it happened the way it did at Lovejoy. I am sure you are right, it would never happen again. As far as looking forward to a next game, yes I do that but I never look over this game. It is still front in center in my mind as it should be with everyone concerned. Again it is good you are back. Here's to a great game with Celina winning of course. ;)

Thanks Bobcat1!

Tired ole Bobcat
11-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Charlie, the only people that have moved on to next weeks game are the Celina posters and readers. The cats are still focused on Lovejoy. Nice post by the way.

RPF2666
11-18-2010, 06:56 AM

Welcome back...you can't let a little misdirection (especially on here) kill your passion...

Go Bobcats!

CHS_89
11-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Welcome back Charlie. I kinda figured you would make it back at some point. Glad you did!

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey Charlie welcome back. I hope the kids are all ok. I would think that having a playoff game under their belts should make this week a little more normal. I do not expect them to underperform. I also do not care who we play next week because we have to win this week. However I do find the game itself interesting between henderson and lindale. Both ex 4a teams now in the large school 3a and they were district opponents in 4a. Should be a great game.

d0tc0m
11-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks Bruce, I really appreciate you. This has been a rough couple of weeks for me. First of all, I dislike RUMORS of any kind, aimed at any team. I made a major effort to find out the truth. I thought I had that.
BTW, I have had several contacts with the folks that gave the the Rumor info. First, you have to understand the lengths that the team went to keep the info from getting out. I have since contacted one of the kids on the team that I went to church with. Even he would not discuss it. The folks that sent me the letter denying the rumor, thought sincerely that that was what I was talking about. Their son had not discussed the rumor until a day latter.

I'm very sad the irrresponsible thing that occurred during halftime of the
Nevada Comm. game has hurt the team the most. Unfortunatly, young folks don't always think things through. I'm confident they would never do something that would hurt their teammates like this has, again.

Guys, I love 3A DownLow, I'm not a person who enjoys having people dislike them. I do apologize to the people that I have offended, that was not my purpose.

To my Celina friends, I wish you all well, however I sure hope that the Lovejoy kids come together. I sure hope neither team has any injuries.
We still have great kids left, but any injuries would really hurt our chances.

I'm kinda surprised that ya'll are so confident that you've already
moved on to the Lindale/Henderson game. We may be down some, but
we won't roll over.
;) :)

Welcome back Charlie, glad you decided against leaving! From what I've heard, the #2 QB is pretty salty, different style than means, but can still play. This incident, if the boys on LL will let it, can bring the team closer and give them something to be unified over. They can rally around each other and convince themselves that they can still do this thing. And that, along with their obvious talent, could make them a volatile, and very dangerous team! I still expect a great game on Friday, and sure wish I could see it! It's almost a shame that two teams as good as these have to meet each other the 2nd round, but that's football! Go Bobcats!!

MajorApplehorn
11-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Argyle, the same Argyle that put 56 on Sanger last week and beat LJ when Means was out! And now Means is out..

Anyone that thinks they match up with Celina's Oline is nuts. They are easily the best Oline in 3A and have 3 future D1 caliber players when necessary. They are deep, big and fast. Just ask A&M, Missouri, TCU, OSU and Oregon what they think of the line talent in Celina this year and next!

We could have run for 400 yards last night but we have fun throwing the ball. Celina had more completions and TD's last night than the best QB in 3A under the same conditions And just think passing is just a hobby for us!

I am going to predict right now that LL wont hold Celina below 45. I hope that LL decides to run the ball because that is playing into the depth of the D and Celina's heritage.

The only way you beat Celina is to outscore them. The only game ever in doubt this year was PP and that was early in the year and before the D was re-configured.

I was optimistic before last night. I really thought that maybe the lack of competition was deceiving. I am assured now. This team, with these Seniors and this offense cannot be beaten by anyone left in D1. Not saying that they roll everyone by 45+ points but LL wont stop them. The match-ups are just not there for them.

Just so this is clear, Means played against Argyle. They knocked him out. Lovejoy may say he was gimpy before the game. He may have been, but Argyle definitely hurt him pretty bad. Pretty sure he didn't play much, if at all, in the following weeks. In fact, the back up had better stats, according to Dallas Morning News, for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

MesquiteFan
11-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by MajorApplehorn
Just so this is clear, Means played against Argyle. They knocked him out. Lovejoy may say he was gimpy before the game. He may have been, but Argyle definitely hurt him pretty bad. Pretty sure he didn't play much, if at all, in the following weeks. In fact, the back up had better stats, according to Dallas Morning News, for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Good as the Argyle defense may be, Mike suffered an injury in the intrasquad scrimmage back in August. He was never 100% early in the season until he took two weeks off (Frisco game + the open week) to let the ankle heal. I wouldn't say Argyle hurt him pretty bad more than I would say they aggravated an injury that was already there.

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by MajorApplehorn

Yes he may have better stats but what stats. Not rushing. Passing. Means is a running qb that is a real threat. The other dude will not scare you with his legs. That means pressure will be affective. Against Means if you got to him he would tear you up running by you. Much more dangerous IMHO.

MoveInDad
11-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Yes he may have better stats but what stats. Not rushing. Passing. Means is a running qb that is a real threat. The other dude will not scare you with his legs. That means pressure will be affective. Against Means if you got to him he would tear you up running by you. Much more dangerous IMHO.
I'm sure he's not crippled though, I bet he runs more in this game than he has all season... hopefully in fear for his life, bless him. ;)

RPF2666
11-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Wouldn't surprise me either...

Bet they pull a few trick plays out of the book...too

Charlie47
11-18-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm sure he's not crippled though, I bet he runs more in this game than he has all season... hopefully in fear for his life, bless him. ;)

Hey guys, please keep telling everyone that Ryan can't run. In addition,
what he does have is a fantastic, quick release. Just when you think you have him, all you get is a flag for roughing the QB.:) :eek:

gatordaze
11-18-2010, 12:36 PM
what he does have is a fantastic, quick release. Just when you think you have him, all you get is a flag for roughing the QB.:) :eek:

Quicker than Dane Evans?

Charlie47
11-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Quicker than Dane Evans?

Haven't seen Dane.;)

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Hey I did not say he could not run. I said Means was a stud. Very dangerous very hard to contain. Ryan is not a cakewalk by any means. But he is a pass first kind a guy and that does lend itself to a guy that holds the ball longer letting pressure get close. And I know that LL has never seen pressure all game like Celina likes to give.

RPF2666
11-18-2010, 12:41 PM
We'll get 2-3 roughing the passer flags, anyway.

Late or not, we tend to get those flags due to the
'ears back' approach we take...

PPSTATEBOUND
11-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Haven't seen Dane.;)

I believe Dane was clocked at a 5.4 at a camp this summer...I will go out on a limb and say LJ's #2 could be just a tad quicker.:eek:

gatordaze
11-18-2010, 12:49 PM
I believe Dane was clocked at a 5.4 at a camp this summer...I will go out on a limb and say LJ's #2 could be just a tad quicker.:eek:

I was referring to his release. Dane does not run.

Charlie47
11-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey I did not say he could not run. I said Means was a stud. Very dangerous very hard to contain. Ryan is not a cakewalk by any means. But he is a pass first kind a guy and that does lend itself to a guy that holds the ball longer letting pressure get close. And I know that LL has never seen pressure all game like Celina likes to give.

That works two ways!;) :eek:

MoveInDad
11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
what he does have is a fantastic, quick release. Just when you think you have him, all you get is a flag for roughing the QB.:) :eek: \
I sarcastically said he ain't crippled, implying he can indeed run, and I believe he will run more in this game than he has all season... besides I don't believe Coach Ford would take me tooo seriously if I went up and informed him that the LL QB can't run. ;)

MoveInDad
11-18-2010, 01:10 PM
We'll get 2-3 roughing the passer flags, anyway.

Late or not, we tend to get those flags due to the
'ears back' approach we take...
I don't believe we had one last game, though I was cringing when #40 put Dane on his butt and obviously shook him up a bit.

charlesrixey
11-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Lusby may not have as quick of a release as Evans, but he probably plays behind a better line and has more complete running threats to hand off too.

Don't look for Celina to hold back though; the first quarter was where the tone was set for Evans. If Lovejoy doesn't get off to a quick start against the pressure, it becomes that much harder. I do think that Celina's line will have to play very well on offense since lovejoy's defense is a bit stronger and faster than pretty much anyone we've played this year. It will be interesting to see what happens if it stays close for most of the game. Celina has come on strong in the second half when needed, but they haven't been playing from behind much all season. Thankfully, their offense is balanced enough to come back from such a situation--this was the big weakness last year.

RPF2666
11-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Lovejoy will be a great test for US, regardless of who they run out there.

It's that time of year!!!

Can't wait 'til tomorrow night...

RPF2666
11-18-2010, 02:46 PM

Gsquared
11-18-2010, 02:47 PM

You can say that again. Oh wait, you did :clap:

MoveInDad
11-18-2010, 02:52 PM

RPF, I gotta tell you, that bobcat looks pretty tame... couldn't you find something slightly more ferocious like THIS (https://91middleschoolscience.wikispaces.com/file/view/baby_bobcat.jpg/141827547/baby_bobcat.jpg)

bobcat1
11-18-2010, 03:04 PM
RPF, I gotta tell you, that bobcat looks pretty tame... couldn't you find something slightly more ferocious like THIS (https://91middleschoolscience.wikispaces.com/file/view/baby_bobcat.jpg/141827547/baby_bobcat.jpg) Here ya go MID. http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/931/bobcat19go8gqdz6.gif

Bruce
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
That's a mean looking bugger,now that's a real BOBCAT.
If our Bobcats can control that running back, and put pressure on QB, we should be in good shape, if they play like they did against Sanger. Thanks!

MoveInDad
11-18-2010, 04:10 PM
If our Bobcats can control that running back, and put pressure on QB, we should be in good shape, if they play like they did against Sanger. Thanks!
Yeah it is, I need to figure out to get something like that in my signature or to use as an avatar... the profile settings on here are not the most intuitive. :confused:
As for the game tomorrow night, another opportunity against a high ranking opponent, yes I still consider Sanger a good team, for the Bobcats to further justify theirs.
cheers

bobcat1
11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah it is, I need to figure out to get something like that in my signature or to use as an avatar... the profile settings on here are not the most intuitive. :confused:
As for the game tomorrow night, another opportunity against a high ranking opponent, yes I still consider Sanger a good team, for the Bobcats to further justify theirs.
cheers Go to your profile and edit options and upload it in your avatar

d0tc0m
11-18-2010, 04:24 PM

Well if we can control every teams RB and put pressure on the qb then we should win state! That's pretty much the name of the game on defense! Well I won't be able to listen to this one, tomorrow is date night! But a nice steak dinner and Spamalot with a pretty lady...I'm not gonna complain!! I'll definitely be the guy checking his bright phone every 3 min in a dark theatre though!! Go Bobcats!

Bruce
11-18-2010, 04:41 PM
d0tc0m, looks like the team is improving week by week, and that's a good thing . I feel like its going to be a good game and Bobcats should come out on top. LL has a good team. Yet both our O and D starting to shine. Enjoy the movie and have a great weekend. Thanks!

d0tc0m
11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks Bruce! Well that's great to hear the team isn't growing complacent after a dominant performance against Sanger! Love to hear they are still improving! They sure did impress me on both sides of the ball last week, and if they continue to get better, it's gonna be tough to find a team that could stop them!

MesquiteFan
11-18-2010, 05:05 PM
How many of you Celina folks will be at the game? Curious to see how big of a crowd ya'll bring out.

d0tc0m
11-18-2010, 05:09 PM
They'll be more at this game, but I bet there's consistently 3,500-4,000 at a celina playoff game.

BILLYFRED0000
11-18-2010, 05:10 PM
How many of you Celina folks will be at the game? Curious to see how big of a crowd ya'll bring out.

A lot. we had a good crowd for Sanger.
and everybody is expecting this game to be tougher and better to watch and the weather is going to be fantastic. we travel very well.

MoveInDad
11-18-2010, 05:34 PM
A lot. we had a good crowd for Sanger.
and everybody is expecting this game to be tougher and better to watch and the weather is going to be fantastic. we travel very well.
I imagine a lot of the nearby Sanger folks will come back to see if we get our butts whipped... although that might prove to be toooo painful.

d0tc0m
11-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah this game is probably gonna attract a pretty good portion of folks from the DFW as this is gonna be one of the marquee matchups this weekend! Probably be 100,000 at the trinity/Allen game though.

garciap77
11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Go Lucas Lovejoy!:clap: :clap: :clap:

MoveInDad
11-18-2010, 07:15 PM
GO BULLS! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

CHS_89
11-18-2010, 07:41 PM
GO BULLS! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Ditto!! Get lost Garcia, LOL!

I_DONT_CARE
11-18-2010, 08:02 PM
IF THE SCHOOL COLORS ARE SOMETHING OTHER THAN THAT GAWD-AWFUL ORANGE OR PUTRID PURPLE, I WILL CHEER FOR THEM.

garciap77
11-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Ditto!! Get lost Garcia, LOL!

Let Rocket Go!!!!!!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/268kv2-1.jpg

;)

Go Bulldogs!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
IF THE SCHOOL COLORS ARE SOMETHING OTHER THAN THAT GAWD-AWFUL ORANGE OR PUTRID PURPLE, I WILL CHEER FOR THEM.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/IDontCareT-Shirt-1.jpg

How's them Armadillos’ doing!:D

;)

d0tc0m
11-18-2010, 08:23 PM

;)

Go Bulldogs!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Is that seriously rocket in that picture?

bobcat1
11-18-2010, 08:24 PM

;)

Go Bulldogs!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: He looks great in Orange! :D

Charlie47
11-18-2010, 08:25 PM

Thanks buddy, it feels like an ant against the Chinese Army, here
by myself!;) :eek:

garciap77
11-18-2010, 08:37 PM

Charlie if you guys don't take of Celina, we will!:D

d0tc0m
11-18-2010, 08:37 PM

Awww poor charlie!:( hahaha go recruit some of your buddies to jump on here, we'd love to have some more lovejoy followers!

garciap77
11-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Is that seriously rocket in that picture?

The one and only!:D

Now! Stop jacking around and let him GO!:D

;)

garciap77
11-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Awww poor charlie!:( hahaha go recruit some of your buddies to jump on here, we'd love to have some more lovejoy followers!

Don't worry Charlie, it's easy to get rid of Celina posters, just ask BobcatBenny!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/byebyepussy-1.jpg

;)

bobcat1
11-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Charlie if you guys don't take of Celina, we will!:D Go Indians!:D

garciap77
11-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Go Indians!:D

P.S. Let Rocket GO!!!!:D

;)

bobcat1
11-18-2010, 09:09 PM

P.S. Let Rocket GO!!!!:D

;) He's probably coaching a B-Ball game right now.:D

garciap77
11-18-2010, 09:16 PM
He's probably coaching a B-Ball game right now.:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/midget_basketballRocket-1.jpg

;)

CHS_89
11-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Another good Garcia pic. Good times! Isn't it fun to be able to laugh a little bit?

garciap77
11-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Another good Garcia pic. Good times! Isn't it fun to be able to laugh a little bit?

:2thumbsup

It's All In Fun!:)

CHS_89
11-18-2010, 10:05 PM
:2thumbsup

It's All In Fun!:)

True dat!

RPF2666
11-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Wylie's got a ways to go to get to an eventual matchup, as do the Bobcats!

That woudl be fun though!

Brownwood would all of the sudden become Wylie fans...!!!

P.S.- That cat looks tame, but try him!

d0tc0m
11-18-2010, 10:35 PM
That cat looks like he knows exactly what he's doing. Like he wants you to think he's tame. Then BOOM! Next thing you know, you're down 35-0 at the half, and all the fans are left confused, crying for a coaching change.

RPF2666
11-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Agreed...spent a fair amount of time finding...

THE Bobcat!!!

It's Friday......:clap:

garciap77
11-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Wylie's got a ways to go to get to an eventual matchup, as do the Bobcats!

That woudl be fun though!

Brownwood would all of the sudden become Wylie fans...!!!

P.S.- That cat looks tame, but try him!

We own them they have no choice!:D

2 - 1!!!!:D

BILLYFRED0000
11-19-2010, 09:04 AM
allright game day. Hey all you football fans lets cheer for the Celina Bobcats and their quest for number 9.

MesquiteFan
11-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Is everybody on their lunch break?? It's game day folks!

RPF2666
11-19-2010, 01:15 PM
No kidding!

Gsquared
11-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Im here and im ready!!!!!

RPF2666
11-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Where are you tonight...G2?

Gsquared
11-19-2010, 01:18 PM