Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Brownwood 59
Bridgeport 35

hollywood
11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Duh! :doh: Come on, Hollywood!! Surely you know that nobody West of DFW is fast!! That's just the way it is!! :rolleyes: :D

LOL. okay, I know, these West Texas boys are sa-low! Lol They couldn't keep up with a team from Reg 3, no way! ;)

bwdlionfan
11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Brownwood 59
Bridgeport 35

That's pretty close to what I picked... I think Bridgeport will probably score more on us than anyone has.

Anyone have the Bridgeport QB stats for the season?

Is he dual threat?

Rocket
11-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144
Im not even going to entertain an opionion of some other poster you got from another message board. LOL

How lame! come up with your own trash talk or go away!

LOL you are cute. You make me giggle.

91 lion
11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I know you dont want to get into comparing the difference in talent between Reg 1 and Reg 3.

I would love for you too!!....I was born in East Texas and ALL of my family is from there. I have two nephews that play in the WOS program, and another cousin that was on a SC team in region 3 back in '03.........I know a little about the Region.

.....but I also know about Region 1, District 5 and the Brownwood Lions.

You are truly calling the kettle black.

Think about it: how can it irk you how BWD posters talk about and represent our team....them you turn around and stand on your "Region 3 is King" soapbox.......please!

I know this:

Speed is prevalent in East Texas, but so is it in Central and West Texas.

I will put Ward, Nasser and Shipley up against anyone in the state in regards to speed.

...but we all know that the game is about more than speed, and our region as all of the other ingredients in spades. We play big boy ball out here. We have over 900 students, and are only the 3rd largest school in our District.

All I know is that it will come to you, sooner or later about how good Brownwood is and how good our Region is.

Rocket
11-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
I would love for you too!!....I was born in East Texas and ALL of my family is from there. I have two nephews that play in the WOS program, and another cousin that was on a SC team in region 3 back in '03.........I know a little about the Region.

Think about it: how can it irk you how BWD posters talk about and represent our team....them you turn around and stand on your "Region 3 is King" soapbox.......please!

I know this:

I will put Ward, Nasser and Shipley up against anyone in the state in regards to speed.

...but we all know that the game is about more than speed, and our region as all of the other ingredients in spades. We play big boy ball out here. We have over 900 students, and are only the 3rd largest school in our District.

All I know is that it will come to you, sooner or later about how good Brownwood is and how good our Region is.

Oh snap... :D

Rocket
11-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Disciplined Speed Kills...
Undisciplined Speed Kills the team with speed...

There is not a defense in 3A that is 1. Disciplined Enough or 2. In Good Enough Shape to stop Brownwood. I promise you. It will not happen. Healthy Brownwood, that is....

rykerx144
11-14-2010, 07:06 PM

I know this:

I agree Ward Nasser and Shipley are very fast. Thats not what I was talking about! Im talking about team speed, overall football speed!

91 lion
11-14-2010, 07:09 PM
I agree Ward Nasser and Shipley are very fast. Thats not what I was talking about! Im talking about team speed, overall football speed!

I know you were....so was I.:cool:

ccmom
11-14-2010, 07:10 PM

So you have seen all three play? I knew it....you are a District 5 groupie!! :D

Rocket
11-14-2010, 07:11 PM

http://brownwoodlions.com/special/ignorant.jpg

91 lion

He probably thinks that they are all on the same team.

Rocket

Get him...;)

Rocket
11-14-2010, 07:15 PM

Brownwood is FAST.... full of athletes. Full of quickness. Full of strength. Not one weakness...

91 lion
11-14-2010, 07:16 PM
:clap: :clap:
It sounds like B-Port is a formidable opponent and capable of giving the Lions all they can handle. The Bulls will have to play a tremendous game to up-end the Lions....but the Lions will also have to play very well to advance.

Make no mistake....I have extreme confidence in the Lions and their chances this week, but the Bulls are a formidable opponent thats chomping at the bit.

Both offenses should show up (I know Brownwood will)....the real question is which defense will stiffen first?

Man I love High Scool Football!!

Go Lions

Lions 65
Bulls 31

Getting back to the task at hand....I felt I should repost my stance on THIS game....since it was buried on page 5 or 6!

bwdlionfan
11-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Getting back to the task at hand....I felt I should repost my stance on THIS game....since it was buried on page 5 or 6!

Finally, where are the Bridgeport posters?

I want to see stats on their QB

Rocket
11-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Brownwood 63
Bridgeport 24
Final

If we were a little bigger in size, I would have said 63-14...:rolleyes:

91 lion
11-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Finally, where are the Bridgeport posters?

I want to see stats on their QB

According to Max Preps (thru 11 games)

#15 Henson

194 completions
314 attempts
.618 comp %
3160 yards
287.3 avg
31 TDs
13 INTs
73 Long

hollywood
11-14-2010, 07:25 PM
LOL is that the best you can do? Hang around you might learn something!

Good one! Can everyone learn something from you then? Ignorance is prevalent in East Texas, so your posts really don't surprise me. Keep 'em coming though, they keep us laughing!

cowboyandchrist
11-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I'm waiting for a response from Carthage about their struggle with '09 Graham...
Here is your response. You preach more than anyone on here about last year and how it has nothing to do with this year. Has Brownwood ever went into a game thinking it will be an easy win. I believe that is what Carthage did last year when they scored 13 points in less than one minute at the start of that game. Have you ever watched a team play way over there heads. It is usless talking football with you because you only have tunnel vision about Brownwood. When you face an East Texas team and beat them, you will make a believer out of me. Carthage will show you what two of the best players in the Country not just the state on Defense can do to a team. You want to bring up the past, maybe this will help jog your memory about East Texas speed. 03,04.05,06,08,09, the past 3A state champs and may add 10 to the list.

Rocket
11-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
Here is your response. You preach more than anyone on here about last year and how it has nothing to do with this year. Has Brownwood ever went into a game thinking it will be an easy win. I believe that is what Carthage did last year when they scored 13 points in less than one minute at the start of that game. Have you ever watched a team play way over there heads. It is usless talking football with you because you only have tunnel vision about Brownwood. When you face an East Texas team and beat them, you will make a believer out of me. Carthage will show you what two of the best players in the Country not just the state on Defense can do to a team. You want to bring up the past, maybe this will help jog your memory about East Texas speed. 03,04.05,06,08,09, the past 3A state champs and may add 10 to the list.

LOL You are helpless... Let's just watch this unfold. And when your "defense" gets jacked up...come eat some crow...

Rocket
11-14-2010, 07:34 PM
According to Max Preps (thru 11 games)

#15 Henson

194 completions
314 attempts
.618 comp %
3160 yards
287.3 avg
31 TDs
13 INTs
73 Long

That's an awful lot of INT's...

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 07:46 PM
GB's stats?

91 lion
11-14-2010, 07:46 PM
You want to bring up the past, maybe this will help jog your memory about East Texas speed. 03,04.05,06,08,09, the past 3A state champs and may add 10 to the list.

PLEEEEEEASE!!!

So, let me "Jog" your memory on a little "WEST" Texas football:

00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08.......see below

3A Division I - Gatesville 14, Wylie (Abilene) 10
3A Division II - La Grange 20, Forney 17

3A Division I - Everman 25, Sinton 14
3A Division II - Commerce 14, La Grange 11

3A Division I - Everman 35, Burnet 14
3A Division II - Bandera 27, Greenwood 24 - OT(2)

3A Division I - Gainesville 35, Burnet 24
3A Division II - Atlanta 34, Marlin 0

3A Division I - Wylie (Abilene) 17, Cuero 14
3A Division II - Gilmer 49, Jasper 47

3A Division I - Wimberley 21, Gainesville 7
3A Division II - Tatum 38, Hutto 34

3A Division I - Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 35, Robinson 34
3A Division II - Liberty Hill 22, Celina 19

3A Division I - Liberty Hill 38, Gilmer 13
3A Division II - Celina 21, China Spring 14

3A Division I - Prosper: 17, La Vega Waco:
Division II - Carthage: 49, Celina: 37

3A-I Gilmer Abilene Wylie 43-26
3A-II Carthage Graham 13-12
:hand:

91 lion
11-14-2010, 08:06 PM
GB's stats?

Im looking for them.

Bullaholic
11-14-2010, 08:08 PM
That's pretty close to what I picked... I think Bridgeport will probably score more on us than anyone has.

Anyone have the Bridgeport QB stats for the season?

Is he dual threat?

I think 91 Lion provided the stats on Henson. His arm and 4 good receivers are his main weapons. He is not a speed burner, but he has fair size and a lot of power. He has a lot of ints, but that is mostly from trying to force the ball into tight coverages or just making a bad throw.

bwdlionfan
11-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think 91 Lion provided the stats on Henson. His arm and 4 good receivers are his main weapons. He is not a speed burner, but he has fair size and a lot of power. He has a lot of ints, but that is mostly from trying to force the ball into tight coverages or just making a bad throw.

How has his line protected him this year?

Graylon Brown has 40 TD passes and 3 INTs

91 lion
11-14-2010, 08:17 PM
GB's stats?

# 2 Brown (thru 11 games)-from Go Friday Night.com

Passing
171 completions
249 attempts
0.687 comp %
2977 yards
270.6 avg. yards
40 TDs
3 Ints

Rushing
61 attempts
438 yards
7.2 avg yards
7 TDs

47 total TDs 3 Ints

bwdlionfan
11-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Whoever comes out of this one should win week 3 pretty easily. Seminole has no defense (has given up 307 pts and scored 306... also lost to Snyder 54-28) and Borger has very little offense (has scored 212 pts and given up 157 and lost to Graham 21-6)

91 lion
11-14-2010, 08:24 PM

Passing
171 completions
249 attempts
0.687 comp %
2977 yards
270.6 avg. yards
40 TDs
3 Ints

Rushing
61 attempts
438 yards
7.2 avg yards
7 TDs

47 total TDs 3 Ints

Total Team Rushing Yards:
2,160 yds

Bullaholic
11-14-2010, 08:34 PM
How has his line protected him this year?

Graylon Brown has 40 TD passes and 3 INTs

The Bull "O" line has given very good protection all season and that is why he has been able to pass for a bunch of yards to all (4) receivers. The main weapon of the WR's has been their RAC out in space.

Emerson1
11-14-2010, 08:55 PM
How many fans will Bridgeport bring?

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

They will have a good crowd. Seems like a very good fanbase. And there will be plenty from the area that "want to see Brownwood."

Sweetwater Red
11-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

A lot! I have watched them play many times in past years both in the regular season and
playoffs. They travel very well.

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 09:07 PM
I wish this game was at a bigger stadium. The visitor stands are not impressive and bport will have no problem packing them

AngeloState39
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Brownwood is FAST.... full of athletes. Full of quickness. Full of strength. Not one weakness... you're full of crap. i promise you every coach who breaks down brownwood finds weaknesses. but since you're a homer YOU cant find a weakness. that doesnt mean they arent out there, you just have to pull your head out of your butt for a long enough time to see.

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Lol I don't think coaches see weaknesses at all! In fact, I bet they think wow how can I make my kids believe they can win and how do I get them in position to make a play. Read coaches comments before a game. "they are unbelievably good and we will have to be perfect and get mistakes." You can bet the Bridgeport staff would agree with what i just said. I'm am in no way saying Bridgeport can't win. But they will have to be perfect and get serious help from Brownwood.

Show respect, get respect. The other Bulls fan are being realistic and supportive of their team and coaches.

91 lion
11-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
you're full of crap. i promise you every coach who breaks down brownwood finds weaknesses. but since you're a homer YOU cant find a weakness. that doesnt mean they arent out there, you just have to pull your head out of your butt for a long enough time to see.

I consider myself a little more even-keel than Rocket.....but since he is "Clearly Wrong" about our weaknesses. Why don't you tell us what those weaknesses are after Friday. I'm sure that you will have a great list for us all.

:hand: :doh: :doh:

BullsFan
11-14-2010, 09:40 PM
We travel well, and while Stephenville isn't home away from home or anything, we have played quite a few games there so it's not unfamiliar to us. Bridgeport will be dead Friday night. And if history holds true, there will be quite a few leaving work early to get a good seat at the game.

And after reading this thread, I'm going to be rooting hard for whoever wins Reg 1 to teach Reg 3 a little respect. Assuming Reg 3 makes it to the big game, that is...

bigYoe
11-14-2010, 09:54 PM
I believe B-Wood's last challenge of this season came when they scored on us with a few seconds left to go up by 2 points in the 7 on 7 Championship Game. Yes, the receiver's are fast and run the routes VERY SHARPLY. Shipley is a GREAT route runner with speed which makes him extremely dangerous. I honestly dont see B-Wood being challenged except MAYBE the regionals or the championship game.

AngeloState39
11-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Lol I don't think coaches see weaknesses at all! In fact, I bet they think wow how can I make my kids believe they can win and how do I get them in position to make a play. Read coaches comments before a game. "they are unbelievably good and we will have to be perfect and get mistakes." You can bet the Bridgeport staff would agree with what i just said. I'm am in no way saying Bridgeport can't win. But they will have to be perfect and get serious help from Brownwood.

Show respect, get respect. The other Bulls fan are being realistic and supportive of their team and coaches. 1. you can honestly sit at your computer and say that brownwood is perfect in EVERY aspect of the game? you'd be lying if you did.
2. how am i not showing respect? i have said over and over and over again how well coached and good your team is(before this week).
3. if you want me to be realistic then you should probably do the same. saying your team has absolutly zero weaknesses is the most unrealistic thing anyone could ever say. thats just dumb!

AngeloState39
11-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I consider myself a little more even-keel than Rocket.....but since he is "Clearly Wrong" about our weaknesses. Why don't you tell us what those weaknesses are after Friday. I'm sure that you will have a great list for us all.

:hand: :doh: :doh: your boy said brownwood has no weaknesses. not one. so he's saying they're perfect? thats what i understood it as. and to say that any team is perfect and has no weaknesses is the most narrow minded, arrogant, and down right FLASE statement that has ever been posted.
sorry im getting heated but that just blows my mind that someone can actually think that.

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm not saying we are perfect and don't have weaknesses. I'm saying it will take a near-perfect game from bport and mistakes from us to keep this a game that bport could win. I've seen the better team lose a game a bunch of times. I understand that in this point of the season you can't afford an off week. Ask Brenham what rankings and records accomplish. The team understands this they don't have to back up anything we post on the board.

AngeloState39
11-14-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm not saying we are perfect and don't have weaknesses. i thought you said coaches dont see any weaknesses and "wow how can I make my kids believe they can win and how do I get them in position to make a play." ??????

Tin Cup
11-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Ya I said that. Please point out a glaring weakness that coaches can exploit. Our weaknesses are disguised by our strengths, but they are few and far between. We've heard that "well I guess we shouldn't even show up" stuff all year. Your coach has to get the kids to believe they can win. Just like IP watching the miracle.

91 lion
11-14-2010, 10:15 PM
your boy said brownwood has no weaknesses. not one. so he's saying they're perfect? thats what i understood it as. and to say that any team is perfect and has no weaknesses is the most narrow minded, arrogant, and down right FLASE statement that has ever been posted.
sorry im getting heated but that just blows my mind that someone can actually think that.

In his eyes, they are perfect.....why do you have a problem with that?......just beg to differ....instead of calling him every name you can think of. Jeez!

....and have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe he has a point. I am by NO MEANS saying that they are perfect, but I, along with many others that have actually seen them multiple times, have a hard time finding weaknesses......and I can guarantee you that anyone "breaking down" Brownwood tape are also going to have a hard time finding weaknesses.....which 50 point blowout gamefilm are they gonna find those weaknesses on?

Exactly.

You shouldnt let Rocket's opinion get you riled up to the point of namecalling.

I will say it again.....after Friday, I would love to hear what you think our weaknesses are after we play you guys.

cowboyandchrist
11-14-2010, 10:32 PM
PLEEEEEEASE!!!

So, let me "Jog" your memory on a little "WEST" Texas football:

00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08.......see below

3A Division I - Gatesville 14, Wylie (Abilene) 10
3A Division II - La Grange 20, Forney 17

3A Division I - Everman 25, Sinton 14
3A Division II - Commerce 14, La Grange 11

3A Division I - Everman 35, Burnet 14
3A Division II - Bandera 27, Greenwood 24 - OT(2)
I only see 3 or 4 from west Texas so what are you telling me. I see many from east Texas. I did not see Brownwood any where on the list.

3A Division I - Gainesville 35, Burnet 24
3A Division II - Atlanta 34, Marlin 0

3A Division I - Wylie (Abilene) 17, Cuero 14
3A Division II - Gilmer 49, Jasper 47

3A Division I - Wimberley 21, Gainesville 7
3A Division II - Tatum 38, Hutto 34

3A Division I - Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 35, Robinson 34
3A Division II - Liberty Hill 22, Celina 19

3A Division I - Liberty Hill 38, Gilmer 13
3A Division II - Celina 21, China Spring 14

3A Division I - Prosper: 17, La Vega Waco:
Division II - Carthage: 49, Celina: 37

3A-I Gilmer Abilene Wylie 43-26
3A-II Carthage Graham 13-12

LionFan72
11-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Guys, enough of the personalized bickering! It is not smack talking, it is mine is bigger than yours crap, exactly!

The one glaring weakness I noticed for Brownwood this year!

The cheerleaders have only scored 1 touchdown, and that was a 98 yard bomb!:D :D :D

Angelo, if you come "watch" the game as a spectator rather than speculating, your opinion might change, if you dont see the crime, dont try being a witness!

91 lion
11-14-2010, 10:44 PM

The years that I mentioned either have Region 1 ties (i.e. Everman/ A. Wylie) or close neighbors in Region IV that are no where near "East" Texas (i.e. Gatesville/LH).

You get my drift....so, nice try cowboy.

......and Im sure that all of the teams that I have mentioned, don't fit your "Region 3" mold anyway....they were all waaaay too slow, right?

You really don't have an arguement here....until you venture west of I-35 and survey they lay of the land for yourself, you won't really know. :hand: :hand:

Looking4number8
11-14-2010, 10:55 PM

Passing
171 completions
249 attempts
0.687 comp %
2977 yards
270.6 avg. yards
40 TDs
3 Ints

Rushing
61 attempts
438 yards
7.2 avg yards
7 TDs

47 total TDs 3 Ints

And remember these stats are mostly 1st half stats, only game he has played deep into is the Stephenville, Snyder and Iowa Park games and these games we we did not throw much after we took a big lead

AngeloState39
11-14-2010, 11:25 PM
you guys are missing it. i never said bridgeport will exploit these weaknesses and win in this game. i just said that im sure there are phases of the game that brownwood isnt great on. i never called anyone a "name", i just said that the thought of a perfect team is ignorant. which it is. if i offend anyone by thinking brownwood isnt excellent and the best team in the nation im sorry.
just because yall have beat some teams by alot of points doesnt mean yall are invincible. i think thats the problem though. yall havent struggled all year so you think you are. and you say watch the game as a spectator and ill see yall are unbeatable, well being from bridgeport i want to see what your team isnt good at and what we might have an edge on.
rocket said yall have no weaknesses, and if you quit watching as a brownwood fan and have an unbiased view, you'll see where im coming from.

AngeloState39
11-14-2010, 11:30 PM
on a lighter note, any plans for a meet and greet?
i need to know if i should be packing heat:D

91 lion
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
you guys are missing it. i never said bridgeport will exploit these weaknesses and win in this game. i just said that im sure there are phases of the game that brownwood isnt great on. i never called anyone a "name", i just said that the thought of a perfect team is ignorant. which it is. if i offend anyone by thinking brownwood isnt excellent and the best team in the nation im sorry.
just because yall have beat some teams by alot of points doesnt mean yall are invincible. i think thats the problem though. yall havent struggled all year so you think you are. and you say watch the game as a spectator and ill see yall are unbeatable, well being from bridgeport i want to see what your team isnt good at and what we might have an edge on.
rocket said yall have no weaknesses, and if you quit watching as a brownwood fan and have an unbiased view, you'll see where im coming from.

I agree with u that we have weaknesses...i'm sure that we do...I just don't know what they are....at least the ones that can be exploited....that is my genuine answer.

on Friday, we will have another perspective....yours, and I am very eager to hear what you think, once the game is over....again, being very genuine.

Good luck to you guys.

91 lion
11-14-2010, 11:40 PM

:D :D

Well, if you get to the area early enough, your 30/06 would come in handy! I hear that there some Axis deer in the area.....and more feral hogs than you can throw a stick at.

....as for the M&G, I'm not sure.....unfortunately, I will be missing this one.

Rocket
11-14-2010, 11:53 PM

I have heard unbiased opinions give Brownwood crazy kudos. Especially coaches preparing for us. And these are not newspaper comments, but straight up opinions.

By no weaknesses I do not mean Brownwood is perfect. I will give you an example of what I mean. The passing game is excellent. And when we go into a 5 WR set, oh my goodness. The coaching staff is A+. The OC will exploit you and is a series ahead of the DC. The OC has the weapons to execute and do whatever he pleases. This has been proven time and time again. The Bwd DC will not make adjustments until halftime, and they have also proven to shut teams down after halftime, if there was any success from the opposing offense in the first half. I will put our coaching staff up against any other staff in the state. 5A-1A. It is quite impressive.

Coaching Staff - A+
Passing Game - A+
QB Efficiency - A+; 40 TDs to 3 Int's
Receivers - A+
Running Game - A; 2-200+lb RB's
Downfield Blocking - A
Defensive Line - A-
Secondary - A
Special Teams Returns - A+ (Brownwood has great field position all game long because of the returns of Mr. Shipley or the kicker kicking ball away)
Special Teams Coverage - A-

This is from me watching 5 games so far this season and talking Brownwood football regularly. The results from each game will back all these grades up. The other aspect of this team is the quality of kids and the intellectual capacity. These are very smart players and they have bought in 100% into the coaching staff. It is perfect unity. I have never seen anything quite like it. The QB, Graylon Brown, is also a student of the game. He just doesn't know what to do, but why.

You can get mad all you want about my opinions of this Brownwood team. Let me have my opinion. I am just a fan on a messageboard. The funniest thing about you people that hate me is the fact that you give so much validity to me and my thoughts. I will be real. I know I say stuff on here that 85% of you are too scared to say. I know I am misunderstood about where my heart is most of the time and am hardly given the benefit of the doubt, and I deserve that. The fact that you get so upset about me having an opinion is HILARIOUS. Simply because you offer no proof otherwise to make me change my opinion. That is the fun of it. Don't call me crazy or stupid, just prove me wrong. I have an opinion and so do you. Those people that haven't seen Brownwood play will by no means change my mind. You are ignorant. The people that have seen Brownwood play have a hard time arguing with me because they just watched their team get their butt handed to them. I can be a lot nicer. I can show a lot more respect, and I am sorry I am not more respectful. My game is to find people talking smack and shut them up. That is what I do. And sometimes I will offer my .02 cents where it isn't welcome, but this is a public forum and my right to do so. So read the quotes that I am responding to and you will see why I say what I say. As said before, the most frustrating part for my haters is the fact that this Brownwood team can back me up, and they can't stand it. So all they have left to say is just wait until you are out of your region or this team wouldn't have been as successful 2-3 years ago. That is comical. You people are ignorant.

Brownwood Lions 2010 is for real. I know they have a lot more to prove, but I believe it will be done above and beyond, leaving no room for doubt. I BELIEVE!

hollywood
11-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Brownwood does have a weakness. I've seen it exposed several times this season. It's the pass defense. I don't think that they have been up against a quality, true spread passing team. Stephenville moved the ball through the air quite well. Even All-Saints moved the ball through the air fairly well... for a half. Iowa Park threw for good yardage. This week, they will be up against a better spread attack. But, that being said, there hasn't been a team to continue to be a threat even with a decent passing game. The reason being is, that even though the D gives up chunks of yardage between the 30's, they really tighten up in the redzone. They cause turnovers and capitalize with a counter score. Once this happens, teams are forced playing out of their game plan, start forcing things, then boom, they are 21 points in the hole. Then... Everything becomes black! I've seen it bend, but it doesn't break.

Rocket
11-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Brownwood does have a weakness. I've seen it exposed several times this season. It's the pass defense. I don't think that they have been up against a quality, true spread passing team. Stephenville moved the ball through the air quite well. Even All-Saints moved the ball through the air fairly well... for a half. Iowa Park threw for good yardage. This week, they will be up against a better spread attack. But, that being said, there hasn't been a team to continue to be a threat even with a decent passing game. The reason being is, that even though the D gives up chunks of yardage between the 30's, they really tighten up in the redzone. They cause turnovers and capitalize with a counter score. Once this happens, teams are forced playing out of their game plan, start forcing things, then boom, they are 21 points in the hole. Then... Everything becomes black! I've seen it bend, but it doesn't break.

And Brownwood has like 29 INT's at the same time....It is def bend and don't break. Our D-Line is relentless...

LionFan72
11-15-2010, 12:18 AM

Have you not seen the signs at the Zoo?

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS:) :D

Bullaholic
11-15-2010, 12:22 AM

If the Bulls are given the chance to spread the Lion "D" like they like to do, then I agree that perhaps the Bulls will have better success against the Lions on the scorebord than most have to this point. However, if the Bull "O" sputters as it has done a couple of times this year---it will be a long night. I think the Bull players will be way up mentally and really well prepared for the Lions. Now, how that plays out on the field Friday night remains to be seen. If the Lions are able to score on nearly every possession as they have done to everyone so far, and the Lion "D" is able to force the Bull "O" into a lot of mistakes on several possessions, then I think the Lions will win fairly easily. If the Bulls can score on the Lions quickly on several possessions---I think they can stay close enough to the Lions on the scoreboard, and maybe go into "passing gear" late in the game---then they just might pull an upset.

LionFan72
11-15-2010, 12:22 AM
And Rocket, I think you just turned out the lights. Good Post and quite true. Those that have not witnessed the Lions do not have a clue. Yes, any team can be beat, or beat themselves, or be bitten by the injury bug, that is the nature of the beast. Oh, I forgot, we are the Beast!

navajo joe
11-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Whoever comes out of this one should win week 3 pretty easily. Seminole has no defense (has given up 307 pts and scored 306... also lost to Snyder 54-28) and Borger has very little offense (has scored 212 pts and given up 157 and lost to Graham 21-6) We have some the kids that were hurt back , remember last year , we surprised you ! anything can happen any given week .You all were supposed to walk all over us and remind you how many catches and yards did Shippley have; and how many times was he burned by our # 10 Gerrod Adams .

BullBoy
11-15-2010, 07:49 AM
.i expect it to be a fully packed stadium, any suggestions as to what time to get there? 5pm maybe? i'll be taking off from work at 2 and heading straight to stephenville:D.

garciap77
11-15-2010, 07:51 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rocket is really a nice guy!:)

cowboyandchrist
11-15-2010, 07:53 AM
You are correct in your post. Don't worry the speed Defense is coming from the East and SouthEast. Brownwood will be amazed when they run and pass into it. I am not saying Brownwood won't win, but at the end of the game they won't think they are unbeatable any more. Three teams are coming, which one makes it to Brownwood I don't know. Carthage, WOS, and Kirbby Ville.

garciap77
11-15-2010, 07:55 AM
I have heard unbiased opinions give Brownwood crazy kudos. Especially coaches preparing for us. And these are not newspaper comments, but straight up opinions.

By no weaknesses I do not mean Brownwood is perfect. I will give you an example of what I mean. The passing game is excellent. And when we go into a 5 WR set, oh my goodness. The coaching staff is A+. The OC will exploit you and is a series ahead of the DC. The OC has the weapons to execute and do whatever he pleases. This has been proven time and time again. The Bwd DC will not make adjustments until halftime, and they have also proven to shut teams down after halftime, if there was any success from the opposing offense in the first half. I will put our coaching staff up against any other staff in the state. 5A-1A. It is quite impressive.

Coaching Staff - A+
Passing Game - A+
QB Efficiency - A+; 40 TDs to 3 Int's
Receivers - A+
Running Game - A; 2-200+lb RB's
Downfield Blocking - A
Defensive Line - A-
Secondary - A
Special Teams Returns - A+ (Brownwood has great field position all game long because of the returns of Mr. Shipley or the kicker kicking ball away)
Special Teams Coverage - A-
Poster F+ (Rocket)

This is from me watching 5 games so far this season and talking Brownwood football regularly. The results from each game will back all these grades up. The other aspect of this team is the quality of kids and the intellectual capacity. These are very smart players and they have bought in 100% into the coaching staff. It is perfect unity. I have never seen anything quite like it. The QB, Graylon Brown, is also a student of the game. He just doesn't know what to do, but why.

You can get mad all you want about my opinions of this Brownwood team. Let me have my opinion. I am just a fan on a messageboard. The funniest thing about you people that hate me is the fact that you give so much validity to me and my thoughts. I will be real. I know I say stuff on here that 85% of you are too scared to say. I know I am misunderstood about where my heart is most of the time and am hardly given the benefit of the doubt, and I deserve that. The fact that you get so upset about me having an opinion is HILARIOUS. Simply because you offer no proof otherwise to make me change my opinion. That is the fun of it. Don't call me crazy or stupid, just prove me wrong. I have an opinion and so do you. Those people that haven't seen Brownwood play will by no means change my mind. You are ignorant. The people that have seen Brownwood play have a hard time arguing with me because they just watched their team get their butt handed to them. I can be a lot nicer. I can show a lot more respect, and I am sorry I am not more respectful. My game is to find people talking smack and shut them up. That is what I do. And sometimes I will offer my .02 cents where it isn't welcome, but this is a public forum and my right to do so. So read the quotes that I am responding to and you will see why I say what I say. As said before, the most frustrating part for my haters is the fact that this Brownwood team can back me up, and they can't stand it. So all they have left to say is just wait until you are out of your region or this team wouldn't have been as successful 2-3 years ago. That is comical. You people are ignorant.

Brownwood Lions 2010 is for real. I know they have a lot more to prove, but I believe it will be done above and beyond, leaving no room for doubt. I BELIEVE!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:D
;)

Rocket
11-15-2010, 10:33 AM
You are correct in your post. Don't worry the speed Defense is coming from the East and SouthEast. Brownwood will be amazed when they run and pass into it. I am not saying Brownwood won't win, but at the end of the game they won't think they are unbeatable any more. Three teams are coming, which one makes it to Brownwood I don't know. Carthage, WOS, and Kirbby Ville.

Brownwood passes to open receivers who run great routes. And they run over these little fast defenders.

Rocket
11-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by navajo joe
We have some the kids that were hurt back , remember last year , we surprised you ! anything can happen any given week .You all were supposed to walk all over us and remind you how many catches and yards did Shippley have; and how many times was he burned by our # 10 Gerrod Adams .

And remember our #3 QB who is really a WR...:rolleyes: This year we would smoke Seminole like a 2 inch cigar.

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
We all know Shipley is going to be playing on Saturday's but who else does B Wood have that we could be seeing?

Black_Magic
11-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by navajo joe
We have some the kids that were hurt back , remember last year , we surprised you ! anything can happen any given week .You all were supposed to walk all over us and remind you how many catches and yards did Shippley have; and how many times was he burned by our # 10 Gerrod Adams . Seminole Finishes LAST in our district. Every District team Snyder played can beat Seminole. IMO they dont even make the playoffs in our district or even close. sorry Navajo joe.

BEAST
11-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
We all know Shipley is going to be playing on Saturday's but who else does B Wood have that we could be seeing?

Safety Derek Longoria has a full ride to SMU. I think you will see Chastain somewhere, maybe not D1. Jr LB Ethan Horton will get some looks as will other Jrs corner Kevin Vacarro and Rb Stehl Ratliff.

BEAST

hollywood
11-15-2010, 10:58 AM
And Brownwood has like 29 INT's at the same time....It is def bend and don't break. Our D-Line is relentless...

Agreed! ;)

hollywood
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
If the Bulls are given the chance to spread the Lion "D" like they like to do, then I agree that perhaps the Bulls will have better success against the Lions on the scorebord than most have to this point. However, if the Bull "O" sputters as it has done a couple of times this year---it will be a long night. I think the Bull players will be way up mentally and really well prepared for the Lions. Now, how that plays out on the field Friday night remains to be seen. If the Lions are able to score on nearly every possession as they have done to everyone so far, and the Lion "D" is able to force the Bull "O" into a lot of mistakes on several possessions, then I think the Lions will win fairly easily. If the Bulls can score on the Lions quickly on several possessions---I think they can stay close enough to the Lions on the scoreboard, and maybe go into "passing gear" late in the game---then they just might pull an upset.

I agree on the success B'port may have for scoring. But, if the QB from B'port has thrown 15+ INT's this season, it is a very good chance that he will throw at least 2-3 against B'wood. The DB's are all "East Texas" fast and can leap like gazelles. The B'woods D-line and LB's are very quick and powerful and have a way to get to the QB's.

hollywood
11-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Cowboy, believe me, Brownwood has "East Texas" speed. And has played "East Texas" speed. So it's nothing new to us. Keep thinking that and you will be like :eek:. "Where in the world do these West Texas boys learn to run like that.":(

So tell me what you thought about the Graham and Carthage game last year? Brownwood 2010 is way faster than 2009 Graham and on a whole notha level my friend. You fail again!:doh:

;)

Tin Cup
11-15-2010, 11:46 AM
This east Texas babble kills me. If you took the 2010 Brownwood Lions and moved the town to let's say Tyler, every east Texas team would be saying wait til you face the Lions from "Tyler's" speed. Where your town is located has absolutely zero relevance to who wins the game when the athletes are outstanding for championship caliber teams. And if you don't think Brownwood has the athletes this year, I'll save you a seat to come watch your very first football game for Brownwood football 2010

BwdLions
11-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Man, it took me most of the morning to read this thread just to get to the end so I can post.

I watched Bridgeport play Graham this season (and the Bulls are a good team). Graham's offense struggled big time in that game or it might have been a little different outcome. The Bulls have talent on both sides of the ball. I know the Bulls have improved since that game, but after watching both teams this year, I'm going to predict a 49-21 win for the Lions.

Bullaholic
11-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Man, it took me most of the morning to read this thread just to get to the end so I can post.

I watched Bridgeport play Graham this season (and the Bulls are a good team). Graham's offense struggled big time in that game or it might have been a little different outcome. The Bulls have talent on both sides of the ball. I know the Bulls have improved since that game, but after watching both teams this year, I'm going to predict a 49-21 win for the Lions.

Thanks for that eyeball opinion, BwdLions. The Bulls did have to play pretty hard to get by the Steers this season. I am really looking forward to playing the Lions---it is not often that your team has the chance to play No. 1 until really late in the playoffs. I am looking forward to seeing a stadium packed with a sea of maroon worn by a ton of loyal, vocal fans on both sides.

Now, if I could just get Rocket to agree to be a target for pie hits before the game at $1.00 each, with the revenue split between both teams, I think both schools would be able to build domed stadiums....:D

Tin Cup
11-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Brownwood's maroon is better than Bridgeport's.

:D :D :D

Bullaholic
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM

Not after it's got dirt and grass stains all over it and ours are still clean...:D

Bosqueville
11-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Brownwood by 30!

Tin Cup
11-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Are you saying we are gunna fall coming out of the dressing rooms cuz stephenville has turf :D

theville
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Not after it's got dirt and grass stains all over it and ours are still clean...:D

Stephenville has turf. :D

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by theville
Stephenville has turf. :D

Stephenville doesn't... Tarelton does

Bosqueville
11-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Stephenville doesn't... Tarelton does

theville
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM
:D I wish we had our own.

theville
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Its spelled Tarleton. DUH:D

Putting that Brownwood education to good use I see. LOL!

Bullaholic
11-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Are you saying we are gunna fall coming out of the dressing rooms cuz stephenville has turf :D

:doh: Well, I guess it's the thought that counts...:D

BullBoy
11-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Brownwood Lion?:thinking:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/dantheman370/lion.jpg

Rocket
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.corporatejourney2u.com/businessresources/images/bull-fighting-funny.jpg

OH LAY!

BullBoy
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
:lies:

Louie13
11-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
We travel well, and while Stephenville isn't home away from home or anything, we have played quite a few games there so it's not unfamiliar to us. Bridgeport will be dead Friday night. And if history holds true, there will be quite a few leaving work early to get a good seat at the game.

And after reading this thread, I'm going to be rooting hard for whoever wins Reg 1 to teach Reg 3 a little respect. Assuming Reg 3 makes it to the big game, that is...

:iagree:

Louie13
11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
your boy said brownwood has no weaknesses. not one. so he's saying they're perfect? thats what i understood it as. and to say that any team is perfect and has no weaknesses is the most narrow minded, arrogant, and down right FLASE statement that has ever been posted.

AS39, Prior posts have said "Bet we'll b working on that on-side kick routine this week." Remember....?

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by theville
Its spelled Tarleton. DUH:D

Putting that Brownwood education to good use I see. LOL!

Yeah, because all educational institutions teach how to spell Tarleton :rolleyes: It's called a typo while eating lunch.

BTW, I have a Master's degree from a university four times the size of Tarleton, and am applying now for a Ph.D. program.

Care to compare educations?

hollywood
11-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Wonder who will have the biggest crowd? Well, I mean, the largest turn out... numbers wise.

I think it's going to be a fantastic atmosphere!

Enjoy the show whoever shows up for this one!

RoyceTTU
11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah, because all educational institutions teach how to spell Tarleton :rolleyes: It's called a typo while eating lunch.

BTW, I have a Master's degree from a university four times the size of Tarleton, and am applying now for a Ph.D. program.

Maybe the founders for Tarleton mis-spelled the name and you are right:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Louie13
11-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Have you not seen the signs at the Zoo?

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS:) :D

:ditto:

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Maybe the founders for Tarleton mis-spelled the name and you are right:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I like the way you think.

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 03:34 PM

Care to compare educations? I wouldn't do that with theville. He is the "Spelling Bee Champion" [in my best Roy Mercer voice like when Roy says "I am the Skeeball Champion with my own little bag"] :D

Louie13
11-15-2010, 03:42 PM

Brownwood won the 7 on 7 in the last play of the game. The players don't go out there thinking they are coasting or unbeata ble. They know the reality--as been there, done that. That's why they work hard, they are dedicated and PASSIONATE, and they are taking this one game at a time. I have NEVER seen a team make such adjustment/improvements as they do after half-time. That is why the Coaches and the players get A+. Coaches are smart and players listen. A closed mind will not make changes. That's why our group is smart! They have open minds to improvement. If they thought they were doing everything perfect from the kickoff on, you would never see the adjustments or improvements they make. So stay for the whole game and see what I am talking about.:eek:

ronwx5x
11-15-2010, 03:43 PM

Now, now. DDBooger is finishing his PhD and he can't spell very well and uses non-standard words:D

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Wonder who will have the biggest crowd? Well, I mean, the largest turn out... numbers wise.

I think it's going to be a fantastic atmosphere!

Enjoy the show whoever shows up for this one!

Given that Brownwood is almost 4 times the size of Bridgeport, I suspect that Bridgeport will be the smaller crowd. Numbers wise, I mean. :D

Bullaholic
11-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Given that Brownwood is almost 4 times the size of Bridgeport, I suspect that Bridgeport will be the smaller crowd. Numbers wise, I mean. :D

No way BullsFan---the clans from Paradise, Chico, Alvord, Boyd, and even Decatur are coming down from the mountains uniting behind the Bulls for this one....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH-K3MU7-fA

RoyceTTU
11-15-2010, 04:01 PM
No way BullsFan---the clans from Paradise, Chico, Alvord, Boyd, and even Decatur are coming down from the mountains uniting behind the Bulls for this one....:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH-K3MU7-fA

I like this one better :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0iheQ3h5A

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 04:18 PM

:D :D :D Bridgeport! Her is a recent pic of TinCup and the Beast!

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9649/99817956.jpg

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Now, now. DDBooger is finishing his PhD and he can't spell very well and uses non-standard words:D

My grandfather always said Ph.D. stood for 'Piled higher and deeper'

I guess I'll find out

Pendragon13
11-15-2010, 04:35 PM
If you Brownwood folks want a decent challenge then maybe you should swap opponents with Wylie this week. You know, the team that beat Bridgeport and also beat the other team that beat Bridgeport? Just some food for thought for the "D2 is tougher than D1" folks..;)

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
If you Brownwood folks want a decent challenge then maybe you should swap opponents with Wylie this week. You know, the team that beat Bridgeport and also beat the other team that beat Bridgeport? Just some food for thought for the "D2 is tougher than D1" folks..;)

I bet Iowa Park and Wylie would have been a really good game.

Louie13
11-15-2010, 04:45 PM

Sure, we'll get right on the phone to the UIL. What's that number: 1-800-GET-REAL?:rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
My grandfather always said Ph.D. stood for 'Piled higher and deeper'

I guess I'll find out Funny I was told by mine that meant Post Hole Digger. Of course we were building fence at the time.:p

garciap77
11-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Bridgeport! Her is a recent pic of TinCup and the Beast!

LOL

cowboyandchrist
11-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Brownwood passes to open receivers who run great routes. And they run over these little fast defenders.
Pope is 6' 5" with 4.35 speed at 220 lbs Carthage strong safety. good luck with the the slow little guy. Line backer is 6'3" 4.4 speed, at 235 lbs. Good luck running the ball. One all american and the other was all stater as a soph last year, only bigger, faster, and better.

garciap77
11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
I bet Iowa Park and Wylie would have been a really good game.

We would destroy BW if were playing them in the playoffs!

Louie13
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Bridgeport! Her is a recent pic of TinCup and the Beast!

Perfect! That's what we've been telling you. The Lions are a well-oiled machine!!:thumbsup: :1popcorn: :thumbsup:

cowboyandchrist
11-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Cowboy, believe me, Brownwood has "East Texas" speed. And has played "East Texas" speed. So it's nothing new to us. Keep thinking that and you will be like :eek:. "Where in the world do these West Texas boys learn to run like that.":(

So tell me what you thought about the Graham and Carthage game last year? Brownwood 2010 is way faster than 2009 Graham and on a whole notha level my friend. You fail again!:doh:

;)
You have not played a team with East Texas speed, but if you keep winning you will. I am not saying and never have said that a team will beat the Brownwood lions, what I have said and will keep saying is , if you beat a team from East Texas it will make a believer out of me. It has been a very long long time since a team from East Texas has not won ether the 3a D1 or D2 CHAMPIONSHIP. I have been trying to help you Brownwood people. Don't consider the trophy yours until the last play is over.
We at Tatum played in three in a row. In 07 we were just like Brownwood, nobody can beat us because we have won two in a row and the third will be easy. Well we lost our all everything linebacker and our 6'5' 305 lb Defensive tackle. They get kicked off the team after the third playoff game for reasons I can not say on here. We get beat in the championship game in over time. Anything can happen with 16,17, and 18 year old young men. One play and the QB or another big playmaker gets hurt and it is over.

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Perfect! That's what we've been telling you. The Lions are a well-oiled machine!!:thumbsup: :1popcorn: :thumbsup: Where is he headed with that oil can.:eek:

NateDawg39
11-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Where is he headed with that oil can.:eek: :doh:

Ranger Mom
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Where is he headed with that oil can.:eek:

ROFL!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AKcPFvhXE8M/SomBU-2Wt3I/AAAAAAAAGh4/rrzjjTxeGeE/s320/wow-wow-shock-surprise-smiley-emoticon-000325-large.gif

AngeloState39
11-15-2010, 05:53 PM
AS39, Prior posts have said "Bet we'll b working on that on-side kick routine this week." Remember....? no? am i supposed to?

Louie13
11-15-2010, 07:39 PM

That is a little bit worrisome bobcat1!:eek: :eek:

Louie13
11-15-2010, 07:42 PM
no? am i supposed to?

Yes! You are supposed to remember. This is in relation to you thinking we think we are Perfect -- with nothing to work on. I can bet this "imperfection" got worked on today!:D :D

garciap77
11-15-2010, 07:49 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/bull-fighting-funnycopy.jpg

Man! You have lost weight and grown about 6"!:D

Go Lions!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

91 lion
11-15-2010, 08:42 PM
You have not played a team with East Texas speed, but if you keep winning you will. I am not saying and never have said that a team will beat the Brownwood lions, what I have said and will keep saying is , if you beat a team from East Texas it will make a believer out of me.

So, I figured that if you are looking at "Team Speed", lets take it to the track. Take a look at the 2009 Track Results for the Sprint Relay......funny how those slow West Texas Boys held their own against all of the "East Texas" speed at the State Meet.

Event 304 Boys 4x100 Meter Relay 3A
================================================== =============================
School Seed
================================================== =============================
1 West Orange-Stark 41.08
2 Dallas Madison 42.08
3 Texarakana Liberty-Eylau 42.10
4 Brownwood 42.26
5 Cameron Yoe 42.31
6 Sweeny 42.40
7 San Antonio Houston 42.42
8 Abilene Wylie 42.49

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
So, I figured that if you are looking at "Team Speed", lets take it to the track. Take a look at the 2009 Track Results for the Sprint Relay......funny how those slow West Texas Boys held their own against all of the "East Texas" Speed

Event 304 Boys 4x100 Meter Relay 3A
School Seed
1 West Orange-Stark 41.08
2 Dallas Madison 42.08
3 Texarakana Liberty-Eylau 42.10
4 Brownwood 42.26
5 Cameron Yoe 42.31
6 Sweeny 42.40
7 San Antonio Houston 42.42
8 Abilene Wylie 42.49

Wasn't Brownwood missing one of their legs of the relay and had to use an alternate?

91 lion
11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
.........It has been a very long long time since a team from East Texas has not won ether the 3a D1 or D2 CHAMPIONSHIP.

Not counting last year......it has also been a very long time since a West Texas team has not won either 3a D1 or D2 or BOTH.

What's your point?

Rocket
11-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Not counting last year......it has also beena very long time since a Weat Texas team has not won either 3a D1 or D2 or BOTH.

What's your point?

The more Cowboy man talks, the less sense he makes.

Rocket
11-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Pope is 6' 5" with 4.35 speed at 220 lbs Carthage strong safety. good luck with the the slow little guy. Line backer is 6'3" 4.4 speed, at 235 lbs. Good luck running the ball. One all american and the other was all stater as a soph last year, only bigger, faster, and better.

He may be big and fast, but he isn't good enough to cover Shipley. Sorry. Shipley will eat his lunch on route running alone. Shipley gets wide open whenever he pleases and catches balls when he is triple covered (huh Wylie?) LOL

We have a coulple of 220s at Linebacker....and they will knock your block off... You really need to just move on a long little doggies... Brownwood will match up just fine. ;)

hollywood
11-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Not counting last year......it has also beena very long time since a Weat Texas team has not won either 3a D1 or D2 or BOTH.

What's your point?

He has no clue! His bowed legs keep him from getting out much.

J/K Cowboy. But, you do need to get out more. You simply can not say that just because Brownwood is not from East Texas they don't have speed... Or haven't seen speed like East Texas teams. I've watched a lot of football and I know that speed alone doesn't matter if you can't execute as well as the other team... especially if the other team has as much speed as you do. :eek:

Anyway, it's BEAT BRIDGEPORT WEEK!!!

Louie13
11-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Wasn't Brownwood missing one of their legs of the relay and had to use an alternate?
Funny. I looked up track results today:
Brownwood's team consisted of Shipley, Perez, Vacarro, and Longoria. And as us Bwd fans know,all these guys are still here and on the team.

Ratliff placed in pole vault and Longoria in the discus, so watch out!

Rocket
11-15-2010, 09:08 PM

J/K Cowboy. But, you do need to get out more. You simply can not say that just because Brownwood is not from East Texas they don't have speed... Or haven't seen speed like East Texas teams. I've watched a lot of football and I know that speed alone doesn't matter if you can't execute as well as the other team... especially if the other team has as much speed as you do. :eek:

Execution trumps speed. Speed combined with execution is unstoppable. Brownwood has it. ;)

91 lion
11-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Brownwood's team consisted of Shipley, Perez, Vacarro, and Longoria. And as us Bwd fans know,all these guys are still here and on the team.

Ratliff actually WON the pole vault....and Shipley placed 6th or higher in 4 events. 3rd hurdles, 4th relay and long jump and 6th in the other hurdles.

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
That is a little bit worrisome bobcat1!:eek: :eek:

I agree with you. Those 2 just ain't right.:p

Rocket
11-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Breaking News!!!!!!

http://brownwoodlions.com/special/garciabull.jpg

cowboyandchrist
11-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I didn't know they gave a metal for 4th place at the state track meet. We here at Tatum have won several state track meets.
How many have the Brownwood Lions won. You do know how to make people laugh. Carhtage is coming, or maybe WOS, or may be Kirbby Ville. Hope you buy enough track shoes for your football team.

Rocket
11-15-2010, 09:16 PM
I didn't know they gave a metal for 4th place at the state track meet. We here at Tatum have won several state track meets.
How many have the Brownwood Lions won. You do know how to make people laugh. Carhtage is coming, or maybe WOS, or may be Kirbby Ville. Hope you buy enough track shoes for your football team.

:rolleyes:

cowboyandchrist
11-15-2010, 09:17 PM

You will have to help me with that one. I have only counted three from west texas in 3a that have one a state championship in the last 10 years.

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 09:21 PM
You will have to help me with that one. I have only counted three from west texas in 3a that have one a state championship in the last 10 years.

If you'd like a little geography lesson, Brownwood really isn't even west Texas.

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 09:22 PM

Great reading comprehension skills genius. East Texas may have a little speed, but the intelligence factor seems to be lacking if you're their speaker.

Show me where I said anything about a medal and fourth place? I asked if we used an alternate for one of our legs.

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 09:27 PM

Funny how you talk about Carthage when you want to talk about a team that might could beat us.

Then you talk about Tatum when you want to talk about a team that can do better than us in track.

Hell I only have one team, how many do you have?

91 lion
11-15-2010, 09:29 PM
If you'd like a little geography lesson, Brownwood really isn't even west Texas.

Im starting to get it now.....Cowboy thinks that Brownwood is about 10 miles from Clint.....or maybe is it a few miles south of Lubbock.....or was that 15 miles north of Laredo???

Which one is it?

Old LB
11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Great reading comprehension skills genius. East Texas may have a little speed, but the intelligence factor seems to be lacking if you're their speaker.

Show me where I said anything about a medal and fourth place? I asked if we used an alternate for one of our legs.

Longoria was not there for sprint relay, he went to throw the discus I believe.

91 lion
11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Funny how you talk about Carthage when you want to talk about a team that might could beat us.

Then you talk about Tatum when you want to talk about a team that can do better than us in track.

Ive counted about 6 so far:

WOS
Kirbyville
Carthage
Gilmer
Tatum
.....and my favorite Beckville (more than likely) his true home:thinking:

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Im starting to get it now.....Cowboy thinks that Brownwood is about 10 miles from Clint.....or maybe is it a few miles south of Lubbock.....or was that 15 miles north of Laredo???

Which one is it?

You know, Brownwood is a few miles northeast of the geographic center of Texas... I guess that makes us east Texas too!!

Must be where all that speed comes from!

bwdlionfan
11-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Ive counted about 6 so far:

WOS
Kirbyville
Carthage
Gilmer
Tatum
.....and my favorite Beckville (more than likely) his true home:thinking:

I bet he also likes the North Carolina Tarheels (or maybe Duke), the LA Lakers, the Indianapolis Colts... who else?

91 lion
11-15-2010, 09:37 PM
I bet he also likes the North Carolina Tarheels (or maybe Duke), the LA Lakers, the Indianapolis Colts... who else?

THAAAAA YANKEES WIN!!!!

hollywood
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM

Zactly! It's about 25 miles northeast of the geographic center of Texas, SO quite frankly Brownwood is east of central making it litarally East Texas.

Cowboy, after reading your post again, you said "you have not played a team with East Texas speed." Were you referring to me personally? If so, do you consider Taylor, Everman, Crowley, or Cleburne East Texas? If so, yes I have . Everman was the fastest that i played against and I caught their running back from behind playing safety. lol Us boys from West Texas can't run. ;)

Inmateboss
11-15-2010, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hollywood
[B]Zactly! It's about 25 miles northeast of the geographic center of Texas, SO quite frankly Brownwood is east of central making it litarally East Texas.

Well hell no wonder y'all are so fast!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
11-15-2010, 11:22 PM
LOL

I know where you go hide!LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Hide-Osama-Bin-LadenandHisdogRocket-1.jpg

bobcat1
11-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Ummm that looks like a female dog GP77:thinking:

Rocket
11-15-2010, 11:42 PM

gp77 is a sicko...

BEAST
11-15-2010, 11:46 PM
So, back on topic, what do the Bulls have up their sleeves that could tilt this in their favor?

BEAST

BullsFan
11-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
So, back on topic, what do the Bulls have up their sleeves that could tilt this in their favor?

We secretly recruited Shipley over the weekend, and we're bribing Brownwood to beat Brownwood on Friday night. :D :D ;) ;)

BullBoy
11-16-2010, 07:24 AM
We secretly recruited Shipley over the weekend, and we're bribing Brownwood to beat Brownwood on Friday night. :D :D ;) ;) :thumbsup:

BullBoy
11-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
LOL

I know where you go hide!LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Hide-Osama-Bin-LadenandHisdogRocket-1.jpg

:eek: HOLY CRAP THIS MADE ME LAUGH HARD!!! FUNNIEST PIC I HAVE EVER SEEN!! GOOD JOB GP77.:D :D :clap:

garciap77
11-16-2010, 07:29 AM

Rocket is a chick????:D

;)

RoyceTTU
11-16-2010, 09:19 AM

1 guy sat out and reece ran 1 leg if I remember correctly. I can't remember why.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 09:22 AM
1 guy sat out and reece ran 1 leg if I remember correctly. I can't remember why.

If I remember correctly, Perez was the anchor and didn't run because of the baseball playoffs. Game was delayed by the weather and had to finish the day of the state meet.

95mustang
11-16-2010, 09:22 AM

Perez was stuck in Andrews after a playoff Baseball game and couldn't get a flight because of weather.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 09:24 AM

BEAST

Good question Beast. I'm sure they are keeping it a secret.;)

Onside kickoffs always work.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Perez was stuck in Andrews after a playoff Baseball game and couldn't get a flight because of weather.

Haha, beat ya to it. :D

bwdaggie
11-16-2010, 09:29 AM
We secretly recruited Shipley over the weekend, and we're bribing Brownwood to beat Brownwood on Friday night. :D :D ;) ;)

now that's funny haha!

Deuce
11-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Just don't see Bridgeport being able to stop the Brownwood offense unless they have gotten a ton better since Graham played them. I do think that the Bulls will be able to put a few scores on the board with the big tall reciever they have (cant remember his #) that is pretty darn good. I just dont think Brownwood can be beat by another spread team unless you can score at will, and unfortunately I dont think Bridgeport can. In the end Wood just has to many weapons to go to and they win big. The scoreboard will not be as bad as last week because Bridgeport is to classy to pull the stunts that IP did. Good luck to both teams.

Lions 49
Bulls 21

BwdLions
11-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Here's what the Brownwood paper had to say about the game. It sounds like Bridgeport has had a great season so far (even more so than I thought).

By Derrick Stuckly-Brownwood Bulletin

The No. 1 Brownwood Lions are coming off their most explosive performance in the football program’s storied history with Thursday’s 88-24 Division II-3A Region I bi-district victory over the Iowa Park Hawks.

The Lions defense, however, labored through the early portion of the game as Brownwood surrendered both a season-high in points and total yards (451). While Brownwood settled down and yielded 156 yards and no points after halftime — and forced four turnovers overall to give the Lions 36 takeaways — an even greater challenge awaits Friday.

Brownwood Bulletin Print/Online Subscribers Only! .This content is available to Online Subscribers only.
You are logged in, but are either not an Online Subscriber or do not have the required service package to view this page's content. Already have an active Online Subscriber account?
Login now Would you like to become an Online Subscriber?
Please choose one of the following services:
Print Along with your Print Subscription you will be provided instructions detailing how to gain access to Online Subscriber content. Online Only Subscription Online Only Subscription If you would like to become a new online only subscriber, please choose this option Online Only Access - 52 Weeks: $69.00 for 365 days
Online Only Access - 26 Weeks: $50.00 for 182 days
Online Only Access - 4 Weeks: $9.95 for 28 days
Online Only Acces - 4 Weeks Auto Renewing: $6.95 for 28 days
Print and Previous Online Only Subscribers Print and Previous Online Only Subscribers This is for all print subscribers and Online Only Subscribers that purchased an online only service prior to March 29, 2010. You're previous Member ID and password will still work UNLESS you had a password that was shorter than six characters. If your password was shorter than six characters, please send an email with your name and Member ID to: acmisupport@amconmedia.com Online Only Subscription - AUTO RENEW Online Only Subscription - AUTO RENEW If you would like to become a new online only subscriber, and have your payment automatically charged each month, please choose this option. Online Only Access - 4 Weeks Auto-Renewing: $6.95 for 28 days
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow do I get my Member ID/password if I am a print subscriber? If you had a login on our old site, your Member ID and password should remain the same. If you are unable to login with the same Member ID and password, please contact us by phone (410) 398-3311 or e-mail: acmisupport@amconmedia.com for assistance. If you are a new print subscriber, you will need to register on our website via the "Print Subscriber" link above. You will then need to enter the First Name and Last Name you provided to the Cecil Whig when you setup your print subscription. This will validate your account and grant you access immediately. How do I get my Member ID/password if I am an online-only subscriber? Once you have registered and subscribed, your Registered Member ID and password will automatically grant you access to all of the content your subscription package includes.
Forgot your password? I'm logged in. Why am I unable to view the content on this page? You have likely registered an account (allowing you to log in), but not signed up for a service package.
Select a package from the service list above to gain access.

The Bridgeport Bulls (9-2), who will face the Lions (11-0) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Stephenville in Division II-3A Region I area playoff action, possess one of the most dynamic offensive attacks the Lions have seen to date and have a similar number of weapons at their disposal.

Bridgeport enters Friday’s game averaging 40 points and 470 yards of total offense per contest, and the Bulls racked up 501 yards — 309 rushing and 192 passing — in last week’s 43-6 bi-district win over West.

The Lions starting defensive unit, meanwhile, has given up 106 points in 11 games, and forces 3.2 turnovers per contest on average.

The Bulls feature possibly the best pure passer the Lions have seen all season in quarterback Cody Henson, who has completed 62 percent of his passes (194-of-314) for 3,160 yards with 31 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

Much like Brownwood quarterback Graylon Brown, Henson has distributed the ball equally between leading receivers Trent Schuett (51-895, 8 TDs), Jace Hudson (47-650, 11 TDs), Garrett Mullins (40-926, 9 TDs) and Matt Minix (38-554, 3 TDs).

Against West, Henson completed 11-of-17 passes for 192 yards and two touchdowns and also rushed for 84 yards and a pair of scores.

Bridgeport also sports a 1,000-plus yard rusher in Gage Huerta, who has compiled 1,219 yards and 14 touchdowns on 144 carries. Huerta averages 111 yards per game and 8.5 yards per carry, with a long rush this season of 91 yards.

In last week’s game, Huerta finished with 159 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries.

Bridgeport has scored at least 30 points in all nine of its wins, but failed to reach that mark in its losses against Alvarado (35-27) and Mineral Wells (26-17).

hollywood
11-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Bridgeport lost to Mineral Wells? :eek: Wow. Didn't know that.

Oh boy, I better bite my tongue.

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Here's what the Brownwood paper had to say about the game. It sounds like Bridgeport has had a great season so far (even more so than I thought).

By Derrick Stuckly-Brownwood Bulletin

The No. 1 Brownwood Lions are coming off their most explosive performance in the football program’s storied history with Thursday’s 88-24 Division II-3A Region I bi-district victory over the Iowa Park Hawks.

The Lions defense, however, labored through the early portion of the game as Brownwood surrendered both a season-high in points and total yards (451). While Brownwood settled down and yielded 156 yards and no points after halftime — and forced four turnovers overall to give the Lions 36 takeaways — an even greater challenge awaits Friday.

Brownwood Bulletin Print/Online Subscribers Only! .This content is available to Online Subscribers only.
You are logged in, but are either not an Online Subscriber or do not have the required service package to view this page's content. Already have an active Online Subscriber account?
Login now Would you like to become an Online Subscriber?
Please choose one of the following services:
Print Along with your Print Subscription you will be provided instructions detailing how to gain access to Online Subscriber content. Online Only Subscription Online Only Subscription If you would like to become a new online only subscriber, please choose this option Online Only Access - 52 Weeks: $69.00 for 365 days
Online Only Access - 26 Weeks: $50.00 for 182 days
Online Only Access - 4 Weeks: $9.95 for 28 days
Online Only Acces - 4 Weeks Auto Renewing: $6.95 for 28 days
Print and Previous Online Only Subscribers Print and Previous Online Only Subscribers This is for all print subscribers and Online Only Subscribers that purchased an online only service prior to March 29, 2010. You're previous Member ID and password will still work UNLESS you had a password that was shorter than six characters. If your password was shorter than six characters, please send an email with your name and Member ID to: acmisupport@amconmedia.com Online Only Subscription - AUTO RENEW Online Only Subscription - AUTO RENEW If you would like to become a new online only subscriber, and have your payment automatically charged each month, please choose this option. Online Only Access - 4 Weeks Auto-Renewing: $6.95 for 28 days
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow do I get my Member ID/password if I am a print subscriber? If you had a login on our old site, your Member ID and password should remain the same. If you are unable to login with the same Member ID and password, please contact us by phone (410) 398-3311 or e-mail: acmisupport@amconmedia.com for assistance. If you are a new print subscriber, you will need to register on our website via the "Print Subscriber" link above. You will then need to enter the First Name and Last Name you provided to the Cecil Whig when you setup your print subscription. This will validate your account and grant you access immediately. How do I get my Member ID/password if I am an online-only subscriber? Once you have registered and subscribed, your Registered Member ID and password will automatically grant you access to all of the content your subscription package includes.
Forgot your password? I'm logged in. Why am I unable to view the content on this page? You have likely registered an account (allowing you to log in), but not signed up for a service package.
Select a package from the service list above to gain access.

The Bridgeport Bulls (9-2), who will face the Lions (11-0) at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Stephenville in Division II-3A Region I area playoff action, possess one of the most dynamic offensive attacks the Lions have seen to date and have a similar number of weapons at their disposal.

Bridgeport enters Friday’s game averaging 40 points and 470 yards of total offense per contest, and the Bulls racked up 501 yards — 309 rushing and 192 passing — in last week’s 43-6 bi-district win over West.

The Lions starting defensive unit, meanwhile, has given up 106 points in 11 games, and forces 3.2 turnovers per contest on average.

The Bulls feature possibly the best pure passer the Lions have seen all season in quarterback Cody Henson, who has completed 62 percent of his passes (194-of-314) for 3,160 yards with 31 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

Much like Brownwood quarterback Graylon Brown, Henson has distributed the ball equally between leading receivers Trent Schuett (51-895, 8 TDs), Jace Hudson (47-650, 11 TDs), Garrett Mullins (40-926, 9 TDs) and Matt Minix (38-554, 3 TDs).

Against West, Henson completed 11-of-17 passes for 192 yards and two touchdowns and also rushed for 84 yards and a pair of scores.

Bridgeport also sports a 1,000-plus yard rusher in Gage Huerta, who has compiled 1,219 yards and 14 touchdowns on 144 carries. Huerta averages 111 yards per game and 8.5 yards per carry, with a long rush this season of 91 yards.

In last week’s game, Huerta finished with 159 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries.

Bridgeport has scored at least 30 points in all nine of its wins, but failed to reach that mark in its losses against Alvarado (35-27) and Mineral Wells (26-17).

Thanks for posting the article, BwdLions. I think it may serve to give a little more credibility to the Bulls in the eyes of some Lions fans, but whether they can continue to move the ball on a team like the Lions like they have against most teams this season, remains to be seen. The thing I am liking about this game Friday is the teams involved in the game. Neither is a "3-yds-and-a-cloud-of-dust" team, both have great coaches, good kids, and both have a loyal, big, and vocal fan base who supports their teams win or lose. This is going to be a fun game, regardless of the score.

BullBoy
11-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Bridgeport lost to Mineral Wells? :eek: Wow. Didn't know that.

Oh boy, I better bite my tongue.
Bridgeport beat Bridgeport against MW.:rolleyes:

(i am allowed to say that right? or is that only for Brownwood fans?):thinking:

Rocket
11-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by BullBoy

Only if it is applicable...;) I would say Bport is no doubt better than MW...so yeah, Bport beat themselves.

RoyceTTU
11-16-2010, 10:29 AM
This game will be determined by turnovers IMO. If Brownwood losses, we lost 4-5 turnovers, likewise for Bridgeport.

Other than that, I see a shootout and two offenses flexing their muscles.

Which defense shows up, I think Brownwood will be able to bait the Bridgeport QB to create some opportunities. The Bend not Break method.

Should be fun.

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 10:32 AM

Not just trying to be PC here, BullBoy, but MW was way up for the Bulls and played like it. But yes, throwing an 8yd pick in OT going for the win and having it returned for a TD to beat you was ironic, but i take nothing away from the Rams. If they were a terrible team who just got lucky, I would be honest enough to say that, also.

Rocket
11-16-2010, 10:34 AM
For any team to beat Brownwood, they will have to play a perfect game. Meaning they score every time they get the ball, no turnovers, and they will have to get some turnovers of their own (and score). They will also have to adjust to Brownwood's offensive and defensive adjustments that have proven to be lethal in every game the Lions have played this season.

I will be impressed if Bridgeport is still in the game at halftime, but not worried.

Bosqueville
11-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Were any of you Bulls fans in Springtown last week?

RoyceTTU
11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville

Don't know about fans, but the coaches were.

95mustang
11-16-2010, 11:02 AM

There was quite a bit of Maroon on the Iowa Park side. I know of 4 people from Bridgeport that were there (they sat with me) but none of them post on the downlow.

Rocket
11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
There is no doubt that a lot of the Bport peeps were at the Brownwood game. They know whats coming...

Bosqueville
11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
I have to say, the Brownwood crowd was unbelievable last week and I'm sure will be even larger this week!

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 11:26 AM

I was there for the 1st half, sitting among the Lion faithfull.
I even wore my "Bull Football" hat....:D

ccmom
11-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I was there for the 1st half, sitting among the Lion faithfull.
I even wore my "Bull Football" hat....:D

I'm betting you blended right in with all the other people that are "full of bull". :D

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm betting you blended right in with all the other people that are "full of bull". :D

Of course, all Bridgeport fans are full of their Bulls, ccmom...:D

91 lion
11-16-2010, 11:48 AM

No, you can say that, but don't be surprised when it becomes part of multiple signatures:cool:

BullBoy
11-16-2010, 11:57 AM
No, you can say that, but don't be surprised when it becomes part of multiple signatures:cool: COOL! Thanks for clearing that up for me.:D

Black_Magic
11-16-2010, 12:14 PM
I can just see the ref saying at the coin toss.
" Ok Fellas no biting ,pinching, scratching and none of this
http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingGalleryImages2003/angle-guerrero-ss04.jpg

Rocket
11-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I can just see the ref saying at the coin toss.
" Ok Fellas no biting ,pinching, scratching and none of this
http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingGalleryImages2003/angle-guerrero-ss04.jpg

It's a big joke. Another joke I like is 61-20...That always gets me laughing hard.

Black_Magic
11-16-2010, 12:32 PM
good comeback there you brute! or should you be compaired to this little fella?
http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/legacyimages/a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0115722417d8970b-pi.jpg
DROP THE CHALUPA!

nobogey72
11-16-2010, 12:36 PM
It's a big joke. Another joke I like is 61-20...That always gets me laughing hard.

Of course the biggest joke of all is the 82-24 issue.:thinking:

Rocket
11-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Of course the biggest joke of all is the 82-24 issue.:thinking:

88-24...

Giving up 61 is laughable too...

Black_Magic
11-16-2010, 12:47 PM
88-24...

Giving up 61 is laughable too... Not as laughable as a twerp who never could him self but talks more crap than anybody. I know you dont see it but everyone els does.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Bull's fans, who are the play makers for Bridgeport to watch?

Offense

Defense

Eagle 1
11-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Wow...30 pages.
I'm not going to waste my time reading all that, so I will just say.
Brownwood will finally get tested this week, but will still win by 28 points.

BM, I wouldn't worry about Rocket, his mouth will write a check his butt can't cash someday. ;)

Rocket
11-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Not as laughable as a twerp who never could him self but talks more crap than anybody. I know you dont see it but everyone els does.

And you aren't talking crap by making light of the ankle twisting? Typical..

You think you are so big and bad because you played football. And I laugh at you because you got 61 hung on ya. I see the comparison. Not.:rolleyes:

Rocket
11-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Wow...30 pages.
I'm not going to waste my time reading all that, so I will just say.
Brownwood will finally get tested this week, but will still win by 28 points.

BM, I wouldn't worry about Rocket, his mouth will write a check his butt can't cash someday. ;)

Hey Eagle1A...clever. :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
11-16-2010, 01:08 PM
And you aren't talking crap by making light of the ankle twisting? Typical..

You are hilarious. Not talking crap. Just making fun of YOU. You see things through tinted glasses and they are darker than anyone on the entire board. Im making a joke about a joke. You:clap:

Rocket
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Not talking crap. Just making fun of YOU. You see things through tinted glasses and they are darker than anyone on the entire board. Im making a joke about a joke. You:clap:

:rolleyes: The funny thing is you think you are ok. It is quite sad, to tell the truth. You can't smell your own crap...but everybody at the Brownwood-Snyder game could smell it all the way to Abilene. How about that?

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Honest question for bulls fans.

Who will cover Jaxon? Do you have a stud db that you'd put on him or a combination of 2/3 different players.

On offense, will you likely throw more to try to "keep pace" or try to be 2 dimensional. Yal appear to have a good running game to go with the passing but is this more of get a big lead and run clock or are yal typically evenly balanced offensively.

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Honest question for bulls fans.

Who will cover Jaxon? Do you have a stud db that you'd put on him or a combination of 2/3 different players.

On offense, will you likely throw more to try to "keep pace" or try to be 2 dimensional. Yal appear to have a good running game to go with the passing but is this more of get a big lead and run clock or are yal typically evenly balanced offensively.

I think the coverage on Shipley will be our standard defense and maybe a combo of 2/3 defenders, including maybe an offensive player in situations. I think we will run our standard offense which will be balanced, but probably more throws than runs. The Bulls traditionally have never had trouble keeping pace with anyone, and when we do, it is because of drops and bad throws.
The Bulls are very much like the Leach-coached Texas Tech teams
of the past in offense execution.

Rocket
11-16-2010, 01:49 PM
This will be a good test for the Lions Defense. I know our Pac-Man Secondary loves to chomp balls, but I also know you guys will move the ball.

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 01:58 PM
This will be a good test for the Lions Defense. I know our Pac-Man Secondary loves to chomp balls, but I also know you guys will move the ball.

I really do hope you get to gain an appreciation for the Bull "O", Rocket--it really is fun to watch when it is in rhythm and clicking, and I know you, as a serious HS football fan, will appreciate that.

RoyceTTU
11-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I really do hope you get to gain an appreciation for the Bull "O", Rocket--it really is fun to watch when it is in rhythm and clicking, and I know you, as a serious HS football fan, will appreciate that.

The stats speak for themselves. You can tell they've moved the ball. As for seeing an offense click, we do get to see this often thank goodness.

It honestly sounds like the two O are as much of a mirror than anything which makes an interesting match-up for the D. Since both have seen it in practice all year long.

5wide
11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
bwoods offense is on a different level than bports..seen both teams play. bport will try and pick you apart where as bwood trys to go deep and they do it with no problem. Will the chastain kid be back rocket?

Pendragon13
11-16-2010, 02:26 PM
This will be a good test for the Lions Defense. I know our Pac-Man Secondary loves to chomp balls, but I also know you guys will move the ball. Don't you think the team that beat BP and also beat the other team that beat BP would be a better test?;)

Oh wait...that doesn't play into the D2 is tougher than D1 argument. Disregard..

warpig
11-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Don't you think the team that beat BP and also beat the other team that beat BP would be a better test?;)

Oh wait...that doesn't play into the D2 is tougher than D1 argument. Disregard..
You've already made that argument.
Get over it. Ya'll gotta play alvarado.

Pendragon13
11-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by warpig
You've already made that argument.
Get over it. Ya'll gotta play alvarado. Yeah, I know...just trying to make sure Rockets head doesn't get any bigger thinking they'll get a win over a really tough team..;)

Black_Magic
11-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Don't you think the team that beat BP and also beat the other team that beat BP would be a better test?;)

Oh wait...that doesn't play into the D2 is tougher than D1 argument. Disregard.. Look at wylies Road ahead in the playoffs and then look at BW and Snyders Road. Come on. You get past Alvarado ( tough team no doubt ) then get Lubbock cooper or Andrews?

Pendragon13
11-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Look at wylies Road ahead in the playoffs and then look at BW and Snyders Road. Come on. You get past Alvarado ( tough team no doubt ) then get Lubbock cooper or Andrews? And then likely Celina after that...
I'm not really saying D1 is tougher than D2 this year (it isn't) ...just trying to razz Rocket a bit.;)

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 02:47 PM
AWylie wouldn't even score against Celina. Sorry but Celina is on another level than AW

Black_Magic
11-16-2010, 03:02 PM
And then likely Celina after that...
I'm not really saying D1 is tougher than D2 this year (it isn't) ...just trying to razz Rocket a bit.;) when would you face celina.. The Semifinal game:rolleyes: I would bet that if you get by alvarado you play cleina... all finishing 3rd in our district. come on D I is not as tough.:rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
when would you face celina.. The Semifinal game:rolleyes: I would bet that if you get by alvarado you play cleina ... all finishing 3rd in our district. come on D I is not as tough.:rolleyes: So Schneidur:p, you're saying Celina is not that tough?

Rocket
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
So Schneidur:p, you're saying Celina is not that tough?

I'm your huckleberry...

bobcat1
11-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm your huckleberry... You'll be a daisy if you do. Why Johnny Ringo You looked like somebody just walked over your grave.

BEAST
11-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
bwoods offense is on a different level than bports..seen both teams play. bport will try and pick you apart where as bwood trys to go deep and they do it with no problem. Will the chastain kid be back rocket?

Yes Chastain will be back. He could have played last week, however, there was no need.

BEAST

BEAST
11-16-2010, 04:48 PM
I am looking forward to this game quite a bit. This will be the first time we play a team that really runs the spread, not just lines up in it. Our secondary is built for this. Our outside backers are fast and can cover most slots. Our D up front is not huge but are strong and very quick. I am going to be intrested in the score at the half, versus the score at the end. We make huge adjustments defensively when needed. I think our D will slow the Bulls WAY down. If MW held you to 17 than we can do some damage as well. We will score early and often. We no longer play the style of offense that takes what the D is giving you, although we do on some occasion. We take what we want! Bulls fans, yall are a classy bunch, good luck in the game. Better luck in basketball the following week.:devil:

BEAST

bobcat1
11-16-2010, 04:56 PM
We take what we want! Better luck in basketball the following week.:devil:

BEAST I always said if you got'em, let 'em swing!;)

ccmom
11-16-2010, 05:00 PM
AWylie wouldn't even score against Celina. Sorry but Celina is on another level than AW

Well Wylie scored against Brownwood....so are you admitting that Celina is better than Brownwood?? :thinking: :thinking:

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Trick play!! Lol

ccmom
11-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Trick play!! Lol

Are you referring to the hook and lateral play that lead to a TD later in the drive? :doh:

I guess you can call that a trick play....but I wonder what you called it the very next week when the Lions ran it? :thinking:
I'm sure it was GENIOUS!! :thinking: :p

hollywood
11-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Are you referring to the hook and lateral play that lead to a TD later in the drive? :doh:

I guess you can call that a trick play....but I wonder what you called it the very next week when the Lions ran it? :thinking:

How'd you hear about that play???

Looking4number8
11-16-2010, 05:06 PM

We did not "officially" run that play so we did not copy you....:)

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Think Shipley will play both ways much? He's going to be running a bunch on "D" against the Bulls.

ccmom
11-16-2010, 05:08 PM
How'd you hear about that play???

Don't you know by now that I know EVERYTHING!!??!!?!?!? :cool: ;)

AngeloState39
11-16-2010, 05:08 PM
he went both ways last week against ip.

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 05:11 PM

Oh yeah?---What's the name of Rocket's dog? :D

ccmom
11-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
We did not "officially" run that play so we did not copy you....:)

Keep trying and maybe y'all can execute it without a penalty!! :clap: :clap: :D

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! ;)

Looking4number8
11-16-2010, 05:13 PM

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! ;)

I saw it as an "anything you can do, we can do better"

BEAST
11-16-2010, 05:14 PM
he went both ways last week against ip.

Only because Chastain was out of the lineup. Longoria and Vacarro play full time D. Chastain plays 80-90% D and full time O. Jaxon plays full time O and normally about 20-30% D.

BEAST

ccmom
11-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I saw it as an "anything you can do, we can do better"

Well I'm sure that was the plan :doh:, but anyway. :D

RoyceTTU
11-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Think Shipley will play both ways much? He's going to be running a bunch on "D" against the Bulls.

I doubt it if Chastian is healthy, I actually think Chastain is a better defender than Shipley.

hollywood
11-16-2010, 05:20 PM

Always got your fingers in everyone's business! lol

;)

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Who else, besides Clubb, executed some big plays against the Lions this season?----so far...;)

BEAST
11-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Ward from Snyder had some plays. Various teams had a trick play or two. Thats about it.

BEAST

garciap77
11-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Well Wylie scored against Brownwood....so are you admitting that Celina is better than Brownwood?? :thinking: :thinking:

Bullaholic
11-16-2010, 05:34 PM

You Wylie troublemakers up here to try and start a thread riot? :D

Louie13
11-16-2010, 06:01 PM

As for me, I think Wylie is improving and playing better every week. I think you played decently against Brownwood, but we really don't know what the coaches had up their sleeves with the score.
And No Celina is not as good as Brownwood. Wish we could prove it.
Just remember, there is really not a 1 to 1 relationship in comparing scores Team A to Team B. Look at Abilene High and Cooper. What a discrepancy when they played Midland Lee, yet Cooper beat AH.

espn1
11-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Oh great! A thread that is going to pit several classy Bridgeport posters against a truck
load of assholes from Brownwood. :rolleyes: You have to know that Jock Sniffing is a B'wood pass time! I bet the Thursday night ones were nice and Juicy! But I don't see anyone coming close this year! As long as everyone stays healthy!

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2010, 06:20 PM

I will help you out with that one. I went to Tatum in grade school, Grandfather was on th eschool board for 20 years. Moved to the baseball capital of Texas(Carthage) in the fifth grade, played football and baseball for the dogs. Have lived in Tatum last 25 years. So I can claim them both. I do know speed, we at Tatum are famous for it. Have turned out many NFL players with more on the way from college. We had 9 D1 football players on the 2005 3A state championship team. You have not played East Texas speed but you soon will. I know you are smart enough to know Brownwood is a long way from East Texas. You Brownwood supporters are what makes this board fun to read. When or if you get beat I will not be the one to rub it in your face, but

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2010, 06:20 PM

I will help you out with that one. I went to Tatum in grade school, Grandfather was on th eschool board for 20 years. Moved to the baseball capital of Texas(Carthage) in the fifth grade, played football and baseball for the dogs. Have lived in Tatum last 25 years. So I can claim them both. I do know speed, we at Tatum are famous for it. Have turned out many NFL players with more on the way from college. We had 9 D1 football players on the 2005 3A state championship team. You have not played East Texas speed but you soon will. I know you are smart enough to know Brownwood is a long way from East Texas. You Brownwood supporters are what makes this board fun to read. When or if you get beat I will not be the one to rub it in your face, but

ccmom
11-16-2010, 06:36 PM
As for me, I think Wylie is improving and playing better every week. I think you played decently against Brownwood, but we really don't know what the coaches had up their sleeves with the score.
Just remember, there is really not a 1 to 1 relationship in comparing scores Team A to Team B. Look at Abilene High and Cooper. What a discrepancy when they played Midland Lee, yet Cooper beat AH. I believe one of your burgundy buddies (ummm TC) is the one that makes assumptions and authoritative statements about teams he has never seen play a single down of football. Or then again...maybe he has seen all these teams talks about....but I sure hope he's getting paid for it cuz that boy is traveling a LOT of miles! :D

ccmom
11-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Always got your fingers in everyone's business! lol

;) Haha....was that supposed to be an insult?? :doh: What's next? Are you going to start calling me a spoiled rotten wino?? :hand: :D

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2010, 06:53 PM
We had 9 D1 football players on the 2005 3A state championship team.

Do you mind listing a few? I know you had them. But, That semifinal game at Texas Stadium
was a long time ago for me. Lol

garciap77
11-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Just remember, there is really not a 1 to 1 relationship in comparing scores Team A to Team B. Look at Abilene High and Cooper. What a discrepancy when they played Midland Lee, yet Cooper beat AH.

Now, if you could only get Rockee understand that simple logic!:D

;)

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 07:10 PM
I got under ccmom's skin. Woohoo!

I live in Houston but I've seen plenty of good football this year, including Brownwood a number of times. I live and work about 15 miles from Katy High. I've seen a lot of really good football this year. This is why I'm confident about what Brownwood has :D

ccmom
11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
I got under ccmom's skin. Woohoo!

I live in Houston but I've seen plenty of good football this year, including Brownwood a number of times. I live and work about 15 miles from Katy High. I've seen a lot of really good football this year. This is why I'm confident about what Brownwood has :D Haha...you didn't get under my skin. :) I just wanted to point out your little "oopsie" about Celina. Your statement kind of contradicts the idea of Brownwood > Celina. :D

I also find it amusing that some of y'all (not all) have the attitude that other teams fans have "no idea" how good Brownwood is if they haven't seen them play. This might be true...but it goes both ways.

By the way...I've already gone on record as to my opinion of Brownwood. Now I'm just having fun picking apart your posts. :taunt: :D

Rocket
11-16-2010, 07:28 PM

Now, if you could only get Rockee understand that simple logic!:D

;)

45-7.

Tin Cup

I also find it amusing that some of y'all (not all) have the attitude that other teams fans have "no idea" how good Brownwood is if they haven't seen them play. This might be true...but it goes both ways.

By the way...I've already gone on record as to my opinion of Brownwood. Now I'm just having fun picking apart your posts. :taunt: :D

All I know is I could absolutely care less if Celina could beat Brownwood. If you're not in our bracket then you are irrelevant. I have never one time seen celina play and until they play Brownwood it will stay that way. I respect celina for who they are and what they've done. Much respect

garciap77
Breaking News!!!!!!

I know what you last summer!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocketcorona01copy-1.jpg

Rocket
11-16-2010, 07:29 PM
I always said if you got'em, let 'em swing!;)

No, you don't...

garciap77
11-16-2010, 07:29 PM
45-7.

You need to do something about that black eye!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocket2-1-1-1.jpg
;)

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Over the last 5 meetings, who has beat Wylie more than Brownwood? They are darn hard to beat! Maybe Graham?

garciap77
11-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Over the last 5 meetings, who has beat Wylie more than Brownwood? They are darn hard to beat! Maybe Graham?

nm

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Do you mind listing a few? I know you had them. But, That semifinal game at Texas Stadium
was a long time ago for me. Lol
Brice bell(Houston), Chance Blackman(Colorado), Lennon Greer(Tennesse), Clearance Leach(TCU), Carson Blackman(Houston)
Dnarous Moore(Tennesse)Daylon Mcoy(LSU) Isaia Thompson(Houston) I can not remember the last young mans name, but he went to A&M.

ccmom
11-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Over the last 5 meetings, who has beat Wylie more than Brownwood? They are darn hard to beat! Maybe Graham? Haha...what do you care about Wylie? They aren't in your bracket!! :p

By the way, those two close games y'all won before you dropped to 3A meant alot more to Brownwood than they did to Wylie. I bet y'all were still talking about those in late November and December in the gym. Never really came up much in the football stands where we were. :D

garciap77
11-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Haha...what do you care about Wylie? They aren't in your bracket!! :p

By the way, those two close games y'all won before you dropped to 3A meant alot more to Brownwood than they did to Wylie. I bet y'all were still talking about those in late November and December in the gym. Never really came up much in the football stands where we were. :D

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

91 lion
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Oh....I beg to differ, maam! You guys are in the same bracket with us....District 5-3a----the Bagging Rights Bracket.

Tin Cup
11-16-2010, 07:49 PM

Lol after this week we all know who will be in the gym!!! Not good when your volleyball teams season ends after you football teams :devil:

Well it's good for your volleyball team lol