PDA

View Full Version : IP Cheapshots (Proof)

Rocket
11-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Cheapshot on Shipley Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5JOn1fAjbg)

Exhibit A
Watch the end of the play...#8 Shipley

Funny how they targeted Mr. Shipley. I know Shipley is a classy kid. He just hurts ya where it counts...the scoreboard. This is crazy.

BEAST
11-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Where are ya Macarthur?

BEAST

SintonPirateFan
11-12-2010, 05:24 PM
wow. pretty blatant. yeah.....anybody does that to my kid, and doesn't stop when i warn them, i'd do my best to hang 100 on them too.

***especially one who has a scholarship to Texas waiting for him.

Looking4number8
11-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Should have been an ejection, the play was clearly over and shipley was clearly targeted.

BEAST
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
wow. pretty blatant. yeah.....anybody does that to my kid, and doesn't stop when i warn them, i'd do my best to hang 100 on them too.

That was just 1 of them. There were many more. Thats not even the kid that got ejected.

BEAST

HeavyD
Thats worth every bit of 88 pts.....wish it would have been 100

MUSTANG69
11-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Pretty blatant. I can't believe a coach would leave a kid in after that. Should have been an ejection right then.:mad:

Bosqueville
11-12-2010, 05:33 PM
You should see the hits out of bounds!! :mad:

ccmom
11-12-2010, 05:33 PM
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

It's hard to see how anyone could say that wasn't a cheap shot...

but I'm sure someone will.

Bosqueville
11-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

It's hard to see how anyone could say that wasn't a cheap shot...

but I'm sure someone will.

IHStang will

Rocket
11-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Pretty blatant. I can't believe a coach would leave a kid in after that. Should have been an ejection right then.:mad:

The coach probably gave him a high five for that one...

BEAST
11-12-2010, 05:39 PM
So after that and others like it, I witnessed Shipley and Ponders "conversation" at halftime. I was less than 10' away. Shipley told him if the cheap shots didnt stop, we would hang 100. Ponder should have listened. Barely into the 3rd Qtr, IP did it to our #12, the refs didnt see it but Shipley did. I remember watching Shipley shake his head. From then on, the scoring was at will. Jaxon sat most of the 4th Qtr or we would have scored 100+.

BEAST

Blastoderm55
11-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Got caught being a spectator. Still not called for on the part of the defense.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
So after that and others like it, I witnessed Shipley and Ponders "conversation" at halftime. I was less than 10' away. Shipley told him if the cheap shots didnt stop, we would hang 100. Ponder should have listened. Barely into the 3rd Qtr, IP did it to our #12, the refs didnt see it but Shipley did. I remember watching Shipley shake his head. From then on, the scoring was at will. Jaxon sat most of the 4th Qtr or we would have scored 100+.

BEAST

It is funny to me that this 8-2 IP team couldn't stop Brownwood. Will anybody stop Brownwood? Any takers?

HeavyD
11-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

so I guess you don't have a problem with 88 pts. The IP defense was spectating all night.

Ex-Tiger2005
11-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Wow that was clearer than ur snyder video! :D Jk Rocket!!! That was sorry tho...was Shipley injured?

BEAST
11-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Wow that was clearer than ur snyder video! :D Jk Rocket!!! That was sorry tho...was Shipley injured?

Knocked a little goofy but was ok.

BEAST

Looking4number8
11-12-2010, 05:45 PM

Are you kidding, "got caught being a spectator". I may get banned but you are an idiot. The play was clearly over.

Ex-Tiger2005
11-12-2010, 05:47 PM
The kid was prolly jealous of Shipley!

DDBooger
11-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Are you kidding, "got caught being a spectator". I may get banned but you are an idiot. The play was clearly over. you cant just say he's wrong? seems you're acting like one

Blastoderm55
11-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Are you kidding, "got caught being a spectator". I may get banned but you are an idiot. The play was clearly over.

There was what, a second from the time he was hit and the time the ball carrier hit the ground? Sometime in that gap, the whistle was blown and that IP player already had it in him that he was gonna nail Shipley. I'm not justifying it, I'm just calling it like I saw it. It's probably the least idiotic thing I've done today.

DDBooger
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
There was what, a second from the time he was hit and the time the ball carrier hit the ground? Sometime in that gap, the whistle was blown and that IP player already had it in him that he was gonna nail Shipley. I'm not justifying it, I'm just calling it like I saw it. It's probably the least idiotic thing I've done today. it's definitely a cheap shot, but if I heard correctly, not a LATE hit. Either way, it was unnecessary.

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I understand his concerns and complaints. If IP was indeed playing dirty and taking cheap shots then they are wrong and the responsibility and blame needs to be put soley on the coaches shoulder. He is the single one to blame for allowing a bunch of kids to act like that. Its the coachs responsibility to make sure these kids go out and play by the rules, to do the right thing! I think that a large part of football should be teaching morales and responsibility! The message that coach is sending his players is wrong! In my opinion he is not the only one with blame here though! It is common practice in football not to take advantage of a weaker opponent. You dont run the score up on a weaker team just because you can! The responsible thing to do is to show respect. There are several officials on the field for each of these games to makes sure we play by the rules and if they dont let them handle it. If there were players being ejected and flags being thrown then it sounds like they were doing their job. When you sick your players on the weaker team and intentionally run the score up just because you feel like they were not doing the right thing sends just as bad a message to players. To say that it is okay for you to humilate them just because they did something that you dont agree with and just because you CAN is wrong! Just as wrong as the cheap shot! Just as wrong as a few late hits! I am sure Bob Shipley is good coach and a good person but this was a terrible choice! I would hope that this was a bad decision by a good Coach and not a reflection of what he is about or believes in.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 05:51 PM
There was what, a second from the time he was hit and the time the ball carrier hit the ground? Sometime in that gap, the whistle was blown and that IP player already had it in him that he was gonna nail Shipley. I'm not justifying it, I'm just calling it like I saw it. It's probably the least idiotic thing I've done today.

If that were true...that crap would happen all game long...CLEARLY a late hit. Way late...

warhorsejoe
11-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

Exhibit A

Funny how they targeted Mr. Shipley. I know Shipley is a classy kid. He just hurts ya where it counts...the scoreboard. This is crazy.

I can see why this topic is HOT but that kid should of being ejected by either the coach or the ref. That play was clearly over by 1 or 2 sec. How many more of those cheap shots were there? and was that at the end of the game or begining of it?

bwdaggie
11-12-2010, 05:52 PM

i think you're just trying to be argumentative...it is clearly a cheap shot...the official has whistled the play dead & marked the spot...jaxon is just walking back to the huddle...wow

Blastoderm55
Originally posted by DDBooger
it's definitely a cheap shot, but if I heard correctly, not a LATE hit. Either way, it was unnecessary.

Agreed. Don't blame Coach Shipley for putting up 88 one bit. Listening to the game online, I was hoping they'd break 100. :D

SintonPirateFan
IP's coach is Ponder? Scott Ponder?

wasnt he the HC at Rider?

HeavyD
11-12-2010, 05:56 PM

Since you obviously have the "get in as much as you can in between the whistle no matter what it looks like or who it hurts" attitude, surely u don't have a problem with Brownwood scoring almost as much as they can in the time aloted for a 4 quarter game? Right?

Blastoderm55
11-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
Since you obviously have the "get in as much as you can in between the whistle no matter what it looks like or who it hurts" attitude, surely u don't have a problem with Brownwood scoring almost as much as they can in the time aloted for a 4 quarter game? Right?

Correct. Run it up, Coach.

DDBooger
11-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
Since you obviously have the "get in as much as you can in between the whistle no matter what it looks like or who it hurts" attitude, surely u don't have a problem with Brownwood scoring almost as much as they can in the time aloted for a 4 quarter game? Right? I believe he stated as much. And I don't know how you all were taught, but I was always told to keep my head on a swivel for JUST THAT TYPE OF PLAYER. It WAS a cheap shot, but until the whistle is blown there are always headhunters.

bobcat1
11-12-2010, 06:00 PM
That was cheap no matter who looks at it. Wow!

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
i think you're just trying to be argumentative...it is clearly a cheap shot...the official has whistled the play dead & marked the spot...jaxon is just walking back to the huddle...wow

thats not what i hear and see. shipley was not looking and clearly a cheap shot but you can hear the whistle blow just as he is hitting him not before. shipley was not walking back to the huddle he was watching the play. maybe he should not have been just standing watching and it wouldnt be so bad. Other than the fact he was not looking it was completly legal whistle had not blown!

HeavyD
11-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144
thats not what i hear and see. shipley was not looking and clearly a cheap shot but you can hear the whistle blow just as he is hitting him not before. shipley was not walking back to the huddle he was watching the play. maybe he should not have been just standing watching and it wouldnt be so bad. Other than the fact he was not looking it was completly legal whistle had not blown!

Hey dude, don't get on here and defend a shot like that even if it was right before the whistle, and then talk mess about Bwd scoring pts in the aloted 4 quarters of a game!!!

Tx Challenge
11-12-2010, 06:10 PM
You got to call that. Yeah a cheapshot for sure

IHStangFan
11-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Okay...I take back what I said. No excuse for that at ALL. Damn shame you DIDN'T hang 100 on them. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

injuredinmelee
11-12-2010, 06:12 PM
It is funny to me that this 8-2 IP team couldn't stop Brownwood. Will anybody stop Brownwood? Any takers?
God your a douche... SOme of us were talking about if you would be here next year running your mouth when yall suck and then e recalled yeah you did two years ago when douchewood sucked...

LionKing
11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
thats not what i hear and see. shipley was not looking and clearly a cheap shot but you can hear the whistle blow just as he is hitting him not before. shipley was not walking back to the huddle he was watching the play. maybe he should not have been just standing watching and it wouldnt be so bad. Other than the fact he was not looking it was completly legal whistle had not blown! Total cheap shot all the way, should have been going to the ball carrier instead of going out of the way to hit a certain receiver in front of everyone to see. Total Stupidity.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
God your a douche... SOme of us were talking about if you would be here next year running your mouth when yall suck and then e recalled yeah you did two years ago when douchewood sucked...

You still hanging with middle schoolers? I see you are still using their favorite word. :rolleyes:

Too bad you weren't around to make a wager this year...MIA along with Wylie...

DDBooger
11-12-2010, 06:14 PM
We had a Robstown player pull that on us and w/o the coaches knowing we(players)made it a point to emphasize he wouldn't do it again. We knocked him out of the game on an unbelievable blindside shot off of an interception. It all stopped and Coach D called off the dogs.

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 06:15 PM
This was at 14-7 mark in 1stQ. Shipley did nit play D the series following and I thought oh no that jackwagon just took Shipley out

DDBooger
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
This was at 14-7 mark in 1stQ. Shipley did nit play D the series following and I thought oh no that jackwagon just took Shipley out Would have sucked. I'm really hoping you guys make it to Big D. I'll be watching all the games that weekend.

injuredinmelee
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
You still hanging with middle schoolers? I see you are still using their favorite word. :rolleyes:
yawnnnnnnn You are easily the biggest dumbass on the board and we have had some doozies over the years.

BwdLion_80
11-12-2010, 06:17 PM
And to think, all that came out of this was about a 1 1/2 yard penalty, or whatever half the distance was!

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I didnt say it wasnt a cheap shot. STop putting words in my mouth. I said it was reported that it was way after the play and he was walking back to the huddle. I said it was not true. It was not after the play and he was not walking back to the huddle he was just watching the play finish.

injuredinmelee
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
that and 88 points... lol

Rocket
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
yawnnnnnnn You are easily the biggest dumbass on the board and we have had some doozies over the years.

You haven't seen nothing yet ;)

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
This video makes me literally wish we scored 100

HeavyD
11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I didnt say it wasnt a cheap shot. STop putting words in my mouth. I said it was reported that it was way after the play and he was walking back to the huddle. I said it was not true. It was not after the play and he was not walking back to the huddle he was just watching the play finish.

I know what you said, maybe u need to go back and read ur first post lecturing teams on running up the score on poor defensless teams....Ur argument of "It's in between the whistle" doesn't hold water when u don't apply ur own logic to the entire game length, as it refers to the pts scored

injuredinmelee
11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
while it was def justified last night I cant believe how much Shipley (bob) cried about it last night. Just make your point like a man and be done with it. DOnt storm all over the sidelines like someone just took your pacifier away.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 06:32 PM
while it was def justified last night I cant believe how much Shipley (bob) cried about it last night. Just make your point like a man and be done with it. DOnt storm all over the sidelines like someone just took your pacifier away.

Oh wow..Wylie wins a playoff game and you are back, guns a blazin'...loser.:rolleyes:

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

***especially one who has a scholarship to Texas waiting for him.

OOOhhh man, I was hoping he was going to go to A&M

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Dude, I never said it was not a cheap shot! He should have been ejected!! I just meant it wasnt as bad as first described. It was not after the whistle and he was not headed back to the huddle!!!! Thats all I said. And yes I meant every word i said about the coach DEAL WITH IT!!

Rocket
11-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Dude, I never said it was not a cheap shot! He should have been ejected!! I just meant it wasnt as bad as first described. It was not after the whistle and he was not headed back to the huddle!!!! Thats all I said. And yes I meant every word i said about the coach DEAL WITH IT!!

nm

3AFootballfan
11-12-2010, 06:39 PM
good job rykerx144 finally someone with some sense. It was definately a late hit but to run up the score, totally ridiculous. Would shipley have run up the score if it wasn't his son???? No way. What's he gonna do when his son get's hit late at UT call Mack Brown and tell him to run up the score? I'm glad noone got hurt but a totally classless move by Coach Shipley.

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey I was simply talking about the play! Thats it! Im sorry it happened to Shipley and it shouldnt have! I have a question, if it was not Shipley and it was one of the other probably 10 players something similar happened to last night) would we be having this conversation?

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 06:48 PM

If that was your son that got hit and you didn't strip a gear, because the whistle hadn't been blown, well your just a bad father, really bad!! There was NOTHING that can take away from that being wrong, or excused:mad:

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 06:53 PM
If this was the 1 and only shot I would say running up score was classless. But 7/8 times. You've got it coming as hard as we can bring it. This coach embarrassed the entire IP fanbase.

Pendragon13
11-12-2010, 06:58 PM
thats not what i hear and see. shipley was not looking and clearly a cheap shot but you can hear the whistle blow just as he is hitting him not before. shipley was not walking back to the huddle he was watching the play. maybe he should not have been just standing watching and it wouldnt be so bad. Other than the fact he was not looking it was completly legal whistle had not blown! Whistle or no whistle..the play was over and Shipley was in no postion to make a block. If the kid was going after the ball carrier and Shipley was in the way I might understand...but that wasn't the case from what we see in the vid.

wimbo_pro
11-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 3AFootballfan
good job rykerx144 finally someone with some sense. It was definately a late hit but to run up the score, totally ridiculous. Would shipley have run up the score if it wasn't his son???? No way. What's he gonna do when his son get's hit late at UT call Mack Brown and tell him to run up the score? I'm glad noone got hurt but a totally classless move by Coach Shipley.

I wouldnt think it was because it was his son. It was one of his players. And apparently this happened all night...I hope we see more. If this happens at UT, the other players will take care of the punk who did it...or run up the score...or both.

I am not a fan of running up the score. But ya know....when someone bloody's your nose with a sucker punch, you fight back. The players could have started doing the same thing. They didnt. They scored points. Coach Shipley gets a complete pass on this one.

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Whistle or no whistle..the play was over and Shipley was in no postion to make a block. If the kid was going after the ball carrier and Shipley was in the way I might understand...but that wasn't the case from what we see in the vid.

wow thats the same thing I said I agreed it was a cheap shot!! Geez you people only hear what you want to hear

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
If that was your son that got hit and you didn't strip a gear, because the whistle hadn't been blown, well your just a bad father, really bad!! There was NOTHING that can take away from that being wrong, or excused:mad:

as a Dad he should have been upset but he is also the coach just not of his son but the whole team and community. He has responsbilities beyond his son and I still stand by my inital thought, simply a bad decision by a good coach.

OldBison75
11-12-2010, 07:07 PM
No doubt about it, that was a deliberate attempt to attack a defenseless player. It makes no difference who the player is, he was not even trying to block, but was turning to return to the huddle. The player that did this did receive a penalty, but should have been ejected if this was typical of what was happening during the game. I don't blame the players and coaches from IP as much as the refs for letting the game get to this point. If it happened once that blatantly, give a warning to the entire bench--then every violation after results in the player involved being ejected and the coach getting ejected also.

As far as Brownwood running up the score, I hate when a coach responds to a classless act with a classless act of his own. Line up and run the ball down thier throats and pound them to death.

wimbo_pro
11-12-2010, 07:10 PM
I cannot understand why anyone would think Coach Shipley should be ashamed of anything. The IP coach, players and fans should be ashamed. Look...one cheap shot...maybe two...throw a punch or two...ok. Thosethings happen. But if this video is one of MANY cheap shots....take your medicine and sit down.

Pendragon13
11-12-2010, 07:11 PM
wow thats the same thing I said I agreed it was a cheap shot!! Geez you people only hear what you want to hear Aren't you the one that said he got "caught spectating"? It's been over a decade since I played football, but I still remember what "spectating" means when you're out on the field...but that wasn't the case here. He ran his route, the play developed and ended behind him...and then he got blasted jogging back to the huddle. The kid that threw the cheap shot clearly wasn't going after the ball...and any defensive player that targets anyone but the ball carrier is doing some "spectating" of their own if you ask me..

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 07:12 PM
This is one of the clearest "Take him out of the game for good" shots I've ever seen. If this was my player he wouldsit at least the half unless of course I wanted it to happen.

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I cannot understand why anyone would think Coach Shipley should be ashamed of anything. The IP coach, players and fans should be ashamed. Look...one cheap shot...maybe two...throw a punch or two...ok. Thosethings happen. But if this video is one of MANY cheap shots....take your medicine and sit down.

I agree IP should be ashamed! Coach should probably be run off if he instigated it! But we have refs and they appeared to be doing a good job. Its not Coach Shipleys job to dish out the punishment. He should have remained professional and did what was right. He should be ashamed of some of the decisions he made that night. He shold have let the officials do their job and remained calm and lead the team like a respectable role model. Thats not too much to ask of a Coach I dont think

BwdLion_80
11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Here is another one.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3otJcFJFcoY&feature=player_profilepage

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Aren't you the one that said he got "caught spectating"? It's been over a decade since I played football, but I still remember what "spectating" means when you're out on the field...but that wasn't the case here. He ran his route, the play developed and ended behind him...and then he got blasted jogging back to the huddle. The kid that threw the cheap shot clearly wasn't going after the ball...and any defensive player that targets anyone but the ball carrier is doing some "spectating" of their own if you ask me..

I agree with everything you said except the part about him jogging back to the huddle. That is not true. He ran his route and was standing there watching the play finish. I have done agreed like 10 times it was a cheap shot and he should have been ejected. Im not arguing that point anymore.

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Keep the videos coming!!!

BwdLion_80
11-12-2010, 07:19 PM
And yet another one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0au5CUYBBQ&feature=player_profilepage

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Here is another one.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3otJcFJFcoY&feature=player_profilepage

Again clearly a cheap shot and should have been called and it was. Should have been ejected! But still not Coach Shipleys job to lose his mind and dish out the punishment.

marlin fan
11-12-2010, 07:22 PM
rykerx144 SHADDDUP!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

bwdaggie
11-12-2010, 07:23 PM
OOOhhh man, I was hoping he was going to go to A&M

me too! :weeping:

bp80884
11-12-2010, 07:24 PM
That was pretty close. If China Spring was playingin Mexia, it would have been legal!

Just kidding, very cheap!

marlin fan
11-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by bp80884
That was pretty close. If China Spring was playingin Mexia, it would have been legal!

Just kidding, very cheap! SORRY u guys didnt make it. but i see ur band placed 11th at state they were great!!!

Macarthur
11-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Where are ya Macarthur?

BEAST

I saw it. Bad play. Should have been a penalty. No place in the game for it.

However, you guys that act like this is the worst thing you,ve ever seen on a football field need to get over yourself. Back in the day, you didn't stand around the pile or you would get earholed. When I was a soph, I was carrying out a fake and lloked back at the ball. Some dude drilled me in the chest and I was 25 yards from the play. No penalty. When I got back to the sidelines, you know what my coach did? He bi*ched at me for not paying attention. He didn't wine to the officials on my behalf.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2010, 07:29 PM
My eyes aren't as good as the used to be.....was that Shipley getting hit in all 3 of these posted videos???

bp80884
11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
SORRY u guys didnt make it. but i see ur band placed 11th at state they were great!!!

We are proud of them. To keep the Brownwood theme, they even got a standing ovation at Brownwood this year.

We have the Brownwood of Bands!

marlin fan
11-12-2010, 07:33 PM
We are proud of them. To keep the Brownwood theme, they even got a standing ovation at Brownwood this year.

We have the Brownwood of Bands! sweet!!!saw lorena vs mexia last night in temple man i miss 3a

bp80884
11-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
The kid was prolly jealous of Shipley!

He looked like a midget compared to Shipley.

Looked like my 7 year old trying to take a cheapshot on me. It was dirty, but kind of funny because Shipley took it pretty well.

rykerx144
11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
rykerx144 SHADDDUP!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lol NO :rolleyes:

marlin fan
11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
lol NO :rolleyes: well i thought it was pretty funny lol:evillol:

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 07:38 PM
All 3 videos hit shipley

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I saw it. Bad play. Should have been a penalty. No place in the game for it.

However, you guys that act like this is the worst thing you,ve ever seen on a football field need to get over yourself. Back in the day, you didn't stand around the pile or you would get earholed. When I was a soph, I was carrying out a fake and lloked back at the ball. Some dude drilled me in the chest and I was 25 yards from the play. No penalty. When I got back to the sidelines, you know what my coach did? He bi*ched at me for not paying attention. He didn't wine to the officials on my behalf.

Did you see all 3 videos? we have yet to even see the ejection play

Looking4number8
11-12-2010, 07:41 PM

Do you have a mirror, you are the one whining all day.You made your point many times today. Man up and be done with it. Dont jump on every thread like someone just took your pacifier away.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2010, 07:52 PM
My husband just watched all 3 videos and he doesn't blame Shipley one bit for running up the score....and he said that after watching the first video!!

This is also the same husband who watched the Snyder/Brownwood game and thought Brownwood played somewhat dirty...so he has no allegiance to them!!

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 07:58 PM
I understand when games get chippy by both teams. We could have easily retaliated every time physically. I guarantee you Jaxon Shipley is a class act because I would have lost my cool eventually. He never did. He just kept whipping there butts ALL over the field. You keep hitting the same player over and over, especially the Texas commit coachs son, you deserve being scored on until the final buzzer. I'm sad we didn't score more after watching this BS.

DU_stud04
11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7O4AvuuZg

i laughed at the end of the play.

injuredinmelee
11-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh wow..Wylie wins a playoff game and you are back, guns a blazin'...loser.:rolleyes:

I actually more to do every day than sit in front of the puter and talk about state championships won in the LBJ era... I have been very vocal on my opinion of Wylie this season. SOme of us have actual women and not your rocket approvd blow up doll.

AlphaFemale
11-12-2010, 08:32 PM
OK, I've had enough. Are MacArthur and company serious, or just keeping the Board interesting? I can't believe all the "yes, buts..." On the one hand, Brownwood should "man up" because it's football and not whine about the cheapshots and attempts to injure, while at the same time Brownwood is a big ole meanie for putting too many points on the board. What a bunch of girls!! Ok, I take that back: that's an insult to girls everywhere.

Eagle 1
11-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Clearly a cheap shot, even Helen Keller could have seen that.
:dispntd:

espn1
11-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I think the score will look pretty in the record books!

BEAST
11-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Good news for IP basketball fans, you probably won't lose a game this year on the court worse than the one you took on the field.

BEAST

Rocket
11-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I actually more to do every day than sit in front of the puter and talk about state championships won in the LBJ era... I have been very vocal on my opinion of Wylie this season. SOme of us have actual women and not your rocket approvd blow up doll.

Wow, look at you. You made a post without using the word "douche". Maybe there is hope for you, yet. You have an actual woman? I bet she's fatter than you and looks like a buffalo.

Stacy2132
11-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I went to that game expected to see a class act (like Coach Mack Brown at Texas) after seeing the Jorden Shipley play at UT and the fact that Brownwood was/is ranked #1, but what I saw was unfortunately the polar opposite of class.

Watching that game, I feel sorry for the Brownwood players and fans. That coach was an arrogant petty jerk, who established dominance like an alpha dog. What's worse, he is teaching your kids that IF you can be the biggest bully in the game - do it. You think Iowa Park got in some cheap shots? I saw some calls that weren't called on the other direction too. It was a pretty evening called game. There were talented players on Brownwood's team - no doubt. Someday though that coach will be on the other side of that scoreboard. He wasn't even professional enough to shake hands after the game! (Guess he was too busy in the spotlight.) He sent his kids out though, I guess that is supposed to be sportsmanship for that team. I'd be ashamed of having that kind of display as a roll model. I'll be for any and every team that plays that coach and look forward to hearing/seeing the tables turned.

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Stacy2132
I went to that game expected to see a class act (like Coach Mack Brown at Texas) after seeing the Jorden Shipley play at UT and the fact that Brownwood was/is ranked #1, but what I saw was unfortunately the polar opposite of class.

Watching that game, I feel sorry for the Brownwood players and fans. That coach was an arrogant petty jerk, who established dominance like an alpha dog. What's worse, he is teaching your kids that IF you can be the biggest bully in the game - do it. You think Iowa Park got in some cheap shots? I saw some calls that weren't called on the other direction too. It was a pretty evening called game. There were talented players on Brownwood's team - no doubt. Someday though that coach will be on the other side of that scoreboard. He wasn't even professional enough to shake hands after the game! (Guess he was too busy in the spotlight.) He sent his kids out though, I guess that is supposed to be sportsmanship for that team. I'd be ashamed of having that kind of display as a roll model. I'll be for any and every team that plays that coach and look forward to hearing/seeing the
tables turned.

Is this a joke? are you related to coach ponder? please post any video evidence of brownwood playing dirty

ccmom
11-12-2010, 09:21 PM

Watching that game, I feel sorry for the Brownwood players and fans. That coach was an arrogant petty jerk, who established dominance like an alpha dog. What's worse, he is teaching your kids that IF you can be the biggest bully in the game - do it. You think Iowa Park got in some cheap shots? I saw some calls that weren't called on the other direction too. It was a pretty evening called game. There were talented players on Brownwood's team - no doubt. Someday though that coach will be on the other side of that scoreboard. He wasn't even professional enough to shake hands after the game! (Guess he was too busy in the spotlight.) He sent his kids out though, I guess that is supposed to be sportsmanship for that team. I'd be ashamed of having that kind of display as a roll model. I'll be for any and every team that plays that coach and look forward to hearing/seeing the tables turned.

Considering your previous posts indicate you are an Iowa Park supporter, it's easy to see why you would feel this way I guess. :confused: I still don't see how anyone can justify what the videos show, though.

Stacy2132
11-12-2010, 09:22 PM
You said playing dirty. I didn't. It is sad that you can't even respond to your coaches actions. I guess even the fans see it and it doesn't matter as long as you win. (PS: No relation to Coach Ponder. It was just extremely obvious that it was a one sided thread.) I sat on the Iowa Park side, but it was the first game I've been to in years. If you'll notice I live in San Antonio.

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Can you explain 7 personal fouls and an ejection to me?

We had 1 late hit penalty...did the refs miss 6 more to even things up?

watch the videos please. Jaxon Shipley, son of coach, gets hit in all 3. Is this intentional by IP?

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by bwdaggie
me too! :weeping:

Man would that have been a hoot or what!! Dang the luck

Ranger Mom
11-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Considering your previous posts indicate you are an Iowa Park supporter, it's easy to see why you would feel this way I guess. :confused: I still don't see how anyone can justify what the videos show, though.

I'm with you sista!!!

sweetwater07
11-12-2010, 09:51 PM

Exhibit A

lol thats almost as bad as the canyon and perryton game a few years back..

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 09:53 PM

If you really feel the way you state in this post, well... Honey you were sitting on the right side!!!

sweetwater07
11-12-2010, 09:55 PM
shipley?? is that son and brother of former texas shipley?

95mustang
11-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
shipley?? is that son and brother of former texas shipley?

It is actually Colt McCoy's dad college roomate's youngest son. :D

sweetwater07
11-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
It is actually Colt McCoy's dad college roomate's youngest son. :D

haha, i see. Kinda crazy how the dads and sons go way back and continue on into future and present BA football players.

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 09:59 PM
If you really feel the way you state in this post, well... Honey you were sitting on the right side!!!

Hey I just thought of something!! If Shipley can tell you he's fixen to hang a hundred on you and then do it, that means they have been sand bagging all year!!! Blast :mad:

pero chato
11-12-2010, 10:05 PM
OK so here's my unqualified opinion. Last week Brownwood played Wylie and whipped them 45-7. No personal fouls on either team. Wylie tried some things defensivley that worked somewhat. But there were no cheap shots so you can't tell me that Brownwood is a classless team. The rivalry with Wylie is a lot more intense than anything with IP. BW is the best team in 3A this year so far. Am I saying lay down and don't play? Heck no! Play them as hard as you can fairly! Good grief, give them all you got. I don't care what you think about their posters on this board or their "swagger" or mouthing. Play the friggin' game and beat them on the field without the cheap shots.
For the record I will be rooting for my BW district brothers and Snyder as well.
Good luck Wylie, Brownwood, and Snyder!

bwdlionfan
11-12-2010, 10:06 PM
It was a pretty evening called game.

Yes it was a pretty evening last night... very nice weather

I'd be ashamed of having that kind of display as a roll model.

I'd be ashamed of having a rolling model too... I usually look for ROLE models

I'd be ashamed to have a coach who storms across to midfield yelling at an opposing coach trying to get a confrontation started when he's losing 14-0.

I'll be for any and every team that plays that coach and look forward to hearing/seeing the tables turned.

We really could care less who you support. You have 12 posts on this site and are clearly an IP supporter.

Doc Holliday
11-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Let's not act like this is the first time that IP has been accused of dirty play this year and that they are the victims of someone else's poor sportsmanship. I know of a couple of different games that IP participated in where the hawks players were engaging in dirty and cheap play.

Doc Holliday
11-12-2010, 10:24 PM

I disagree. If you look at the ten games that brownwood has played this year then you know that they could have realistically scored 100 on most to all of the teams that they have played yet they pulled off and chose not too. At some point it is up to a coach to stand up for his players whether those players are his son or someone else's son. If that means calling out the opposing coach in front of everyone and calling a spade a spade then so be it.

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
OK so here's my unqualified opinion. Last week Brownwood played Wylie and whipped them 45-7. No personal fouls on either team. Wylie tried some things defensivley that worked somewhat. But there were no cheap shots so you can't tell me that Brownwood is a classless team. The rivalry with Wylie is a lot more intense than anything with IP. BW is the best team in 3A this year so far. Am I saying lay down and don't play? Heck no! Play them as hard as you can fairly! Good grief, give them all you got. I don't care what you think about their posters on this board or their "swagger" or mouthing. Play the friggin' game and beat them on the field without the cheap shots.
For the record I will be rooting for my BW district brothers and Snyder as well.
Good luck Wylie, Brownwood, and Snyder!

:clap: You got that right !!! :iagree:

Displaced Texan
11-12-2010, 10:36 PM

I think you just proved without a doubt who the biggest dumb@$$ is...congratulations you win hands down.
Geez

BwdLion73
11-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Chato makes a good point. Wylie/Bwd. is a game that means a lot to both teams. I think Sandifer was in the same spot and planning stage as Ponder. Just as he (Sandifer) came out with a one man down defense which confused us at the start Ponder came out with the onside kicks that worked great for him.

The difference is that Sandifer controlled his team and played the game hard just like last year when they destroyed us 41/21. It just seemed that IP was not able to accept what was happening to them.

Things get out of hand sometimes and you need someone at the helm to keep things under control. Good luck to all in the future and lets hope that some important lessons are learned.

It could start by looking at the Brownwood/Wylie game.:thinking:

Displaced Texan
11-12-2010, 10:52 PM
You said playing dirty. I didn't. It is sad that you can't even respond to your coaches actions. I guess even the fans see it and it doesn't matter as long as you win. (PS: No relation to Coach Ponder. It was just extremely obvious that it was a one sided thread.) I sat on the Iowa Park side, but it was the first game I've been to in years. If you'll notice I live in San Antonio.

Yeah and I live in California but I am a Brownwood fan. You can't even lie good what a joke.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 10:57 PM

LOL go watch the videos... your coach pissed Coach Shipley off and paid the price. It is football. Stop us. Oh you can't stop us? Ok, get scored on...easily... and we will keep stopping you. Your coach is an arrogant jackass and he got dealt with in a major way. Please show me some videos of our players hitting you players after the whistle was blown. You won't find it. Move on little doggies...move on..

BEAST
11-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey Rykerx144,
Surely you're not the the guy I think you are. Wood boy turned orange? Qb for The Wood back in the day?

BEAST

garciap77
11-12-2010, 11:43 PM

BEAST

I would have sat him down sooner! And not have taken the chance of a cheap shot ending his career.

Bosqueville
11-13-2010, 12:13 AM

:clap:

garciap77
11-13-2010, 12:14 AM
After watching the three videos, there is not way you can tell me that IP was not going after Shipley. IP was trying to hurt him with cheap shots!:mad:

pero chato
11-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Chato makes a good point. Wylie/Bwd. is a game that means a lot to both teams. I think Sandifer was in the same spot and planning stage as Ponder. Just as he (Sandifer) came out with a one man down defense which confused us at the start Ponder came out with the onside kicks that worked great for him.

The difference is that Sandifer controlled his team and played the game hard just like last year when they destroyed us 41/21. It just seemed that IP was not able to accept what was happening to them.

Things get out of hand sometimes and you need someone at the helm to keep things under control. Good luck to all in the future and lets hope that some important lessons are learned.

It could start by looking at the Brownwood/Wylie game.:thinking:

My point exactly. If you want to beat BW do it on the field with something innovative on defense, or even offense, not stupid cheap shots.

Ranger Mom
11-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
After watching the three videos, there is not way you can tell me that IP was not going after Shipley. IP was trying to hurt him with cheap shots!:mad:

That was my initial thought......someone had an agenda and Shipley was their target!!!

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2010, 01:06 AM

Hey, do you remember when a group of us DL posters were at the Andrews/Brownwood
playoff game at HSU's basefield? It seemed like everytime Shelby Miller came up to bat that Andrews was trying to hit him with a pitch.

My point is that maybe bobcat1 is onto something here. The only team that ever
cheap shotted Brownwood before they dropped was Stephenville. Now it looks like everybody is.
Is it a coincicidence that Rocket started posting at the same time? :thinking:

bobcat1
11-13-2010, 01:47 AM
After watching the three videos, there is not way you can tell me that IP was not going after Shipley. IP was trying to hurt him with cheap shots!:mad: Bad thing is if they truly wanted to stop Brownwood by cheapshots they targeted the wrong person. The QB is what makes that offense purr.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 02:09 AM
I agree IP should be ashamed! Coach should probably be run off if he instigated it! But we have refs and they appeared to be doing a good job. Its not Coach Shipleys job to dish out the punishment. He should have remained professional and did what was right. He should be ashamed of some of the decisions he made that night. He shold have let the officials do their job and remained calm and lead the team like a respectable role model. Thats not too much to ask of a Coach I dont think

Seriously? Shipley should be ashamed? For what? For NOT reciprocating with cheap shots and telling his boys to play the game to the best of their ability for 4 full quarters?? Rykerx...you seem like a good guy...but please. This is ridiculous. Shipley did nothing but push his boys to do what they do...beat up the other team within the governing rules.

BullsFan
11-13-2010, 02:32 AM
As someone who is going to be sitting across the field from Brownwood next week, I would LOVE to be able to jump all over Shipley Sr or Jr or any of the Lions or whatever, but having seen those videos....I'll be honest, having read more from Brownwood than I wanted at the 3ADL over the years, I couldn't imagine anything would justify that kind of scoring (and really believed it was exaggeration and hyperbole). But those videos are pretty indefensible. There's no way to justify or rationalize or explain or make those plays okay, and it seems pretty unlikely to me that BW retaliated in kind or the calls would be more even. Could the coach have been the bigger person and not run the score up? Maybe. But he is a coach and a human being, and watching his boys get hit with those kind of cheap shots would rile anyone up, especially if one of those boys was his son. It's just a darned good thing Jaxon wasn't seriously injured.

And I'll be real honest...if I'm watching that stuff going on down on the field, I'm going to be screaming for blood and hoping to hang a 100 on them at the very least. And if a kid of mine is down there, I'm going to be hoping for 2.

orange machine
11-13-2010, 02:33 AM
I went to this game and let me tell you that was the longest 1st qt I have ever seen 53 minutes long crazy. Anyways we left with 4 minutes before Halftime it was just stupid that game sucked big time. As for the Brownwood team I have finally seen them first hand. There D is good, but when they play against a fast team they are gonna have problems. Also i think if a team has a big strong oline that could give Brownwoods dline some issues because they are small. Offensively I was impressed with Graylon Brown he is what makes that offense go no doubt about it. It helps to have Shipley because of his speed, but Brown moves good in the pocket and rolls out good when he is pressured. I really felt like Brownwood was a very good team and is worthy of there ranking, but they can be beat and they are not as fast as some have made them out to be. I'm not taking anything away from Brownwood so please don't think I am just stating what I saw.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I went to this game and let me tell you that was the longest 1st qt I have ever seen 53 minutes long crazy. Anyways we left with 4 minutes before Halftime it was just stupid that game sucked big time. As for the Brownwood team I have finally seen them first hand. There D is good, but when they play against a fast team they are gonna have problems. Also i think if a team has a big strong oline that could give Brownwoods dline some issues because they are small. Offensively I was impressed with Graylon Brown he is what makes that offense go no doubt about it. It helps to have Shipley because of his speed, but Brown moves good in the pocket and rolls out good when he is pressured. I really felt like Brownwood was a very good team and is worthy of there ranking, but they can be beat and they are not as fast as some have made them out to be. I'm not taking anything away from Brownwood so please don't think I am just stating what I saw.

wow. A voice of reason in a sea of partisans. Tell us Orange Machine...is it true that IP was blatantly dirty as the video would indicate?

bwdlionfan
11-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Tell us Orange Machine...is it true that IP was blatantly dirty as the video would indicate?

Whether he says yes or no doesn't change what you saw on video, does it?

I wish there was video of their coach wanting a confrontation with coach Shipley at midfield

orange machine
11-13-2010, 02:56 AM
wow. A voice of reason in a sea of partisans. Tell us Orange Machine...is it true that IP was blatantly dirty as the video would indicate?
Well like I said I left with 4 minutes before the half because it was seriously a waste of money and time going to that game. Before we left a IP player had just got ejected, but I couldn't tell you about the other cheap shots they are referring to. The game was sloppy most of the first qt. Unless you were a Brownwood fan you probably would have thought the game was retarded like me and the folks. That came with me.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

I wish there was video of their coach wanting a confrontation with coach Shipley at midfield

I understand your point, bwdlionfan. And I have formed my opinion thusfar on posters I tend to believe. You are one of them. But, its always good to get as many "data points" as possible. I respect OM...I would like to hear his opinion. I know that a few clips can be misleading, but I kind of have a feeling that these clips do indeed speak to the general accusation of foul play.

With that said...lets hear from OM.

orange machine
11-13-2010, 02:59 AM

I did see that, but both coaches were at fault because they both started walking to mid field point at each other and yelling. It was classless by both coaches to do that.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 03:00 AM
Well like I said I left with 4 minutes before the half because it was seriously a waste of money and time going to that game. Before we left a IP player had just got ejected, but I couldn't tell you about the other cheap shots they are referring to. The game was sloppy most of the first qt. Unless you were a Brownwood fan you probably would have thought the game was retarded like me and the folks. That came with me.

But what you saw...even just the first half...what was your view with regard to this topic?

orange machine
11-13-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm not saying either coach is classless just them acting like that at that moment was classless.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 03:02 AM
I'm not saying either coach is classless just them acting like that at that moment was classless.

OM...the cheap shots...did you see them? Whats your take on the cheap shots?

orange machine
11-13-2010, 03:04 AM
I personally did not see any cheap shots the little time I was there. I did however see some players from both teams pushing and mouthing each other.

orange machine
11-13-2010, 03:06 AM
I dont doubt that there were cheap shots after I left the game, but I doubt the Brownwood players were being saints like I said they were pushing and mouthing from what I saw as was IP.

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 03:08 AM
I personally did not see any cheap shots the little time I was there. I did however see some players from both teams pushing and mouthing each other.

Ok...but isnt that first clip from early in the 1st quarter? You didnt see that? What am i missing here?

bwdlionfan
11-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Ok...but isnt that first clip from early in the 1st quarter? You didnt see that? What am i missing here?

I didn't even see the dirty hit in the video clip that was titled 3rd play of game last night. I had said I thought it was a pretty clean game until their coach had a rampage out to midfield but I guess it wasn't.

orange machine
11-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Yes I saw it and it happened so fast that it just looked like a player hitting another player who wasn't paying attention. If you listen for the whistle the ref blows it and it was just not even a second when the IP player hit Shipley. Players are told to play to the whistle well the IP played to the whistle it just happend to get blown when he had a head full of steam and was one foot away.

bwdlionfan
11-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Yes I saw it and it happened so fast that it just looked like a player hitting another player who wasn't paying attention. If you listen for the whistle the ref blows it and it was just not even a second when the IP player hit Shipley. Players are told to play to the whistle well the IP played to the whistle it just happend to get blown when he had a head full of steam and was one foot away.

The thing that is common about all of these clips is that Shipley really wasn't even involved in the play... it's very evident they were targeting him.

orange machine
11-13-2010, 03:28 AM
The thing that is common about all of these clips is that Shipley really wasn't even involved in the play... it's very evident they were targeting him.
That very well be the case, but as far as the first hit there on Shipley it's football you better be watching. I personally don't think it was a cheap shot, but if players were getting tossed like they were then there must have been something to it.

Gontex
11-13-2010, 04:23 AM

Exhibit A

Nearly as blantant as Heard's hit on McCoy a couple of years back. Damn, guys, The play is over. Shipley is not spectating, he's on his way back to the huddle. Totally uncalled for in football. That's why the NFL is cracking down on that kind of stuff. When you start trying to hurt somebody, you have definitely crossed the line.

rykerx144
11-13-2010, 07:50 AM
I dont know why you people keep saying that Shipley was walking back to the huddle. Nevermind yea I do, to make it sound even worse than it was. He was not walking to the huddle he was finished with his route and watching the end of the play! If he was walking back to the huddle then he would have been looking that way and he wouldnt have got drove in his earhole!!!!!!!

duckhunter
11-13-2010, 07:57 AM
hard to call it a cheap shot or late hit when the player made the hit as the whistle was being blown. looks like he was playing thru the whistle. god forbid he do that. :rolleyes:

Tin Cup
11-13-2010, 08:16 AM
This a not a playing til the whistle blows play people!!! This is there's jaxon take him down!!! If my team did this I would be so beyond ticked I would blow up.

Orange machine, were you at the game or watching the game. There is a difference. Shipley was close enough to the ball that you had to see it if you're watching. Would Ford be upset if his bobcats were getting cheapshotted? Would he be happy with that coach? No friggin way.

I'm a major homer but that's a cheapshot whether the kid is wearing green orange maroon etc. You people that say play to the whistle bull need to be earholed. It's not even debatable on the video.

injuredinmelee
11-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Do you have a mirror, you are the one whining all day.You made your point many times today. Man up and be done with it. Dont jump on every thread like someone just took your pacifier away.
thats funny coming from a bwood poster whose fellow poster is beating a dead horse into the ground all day long.

injuredinmelee
11-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Wow, look at you. You made a post without using the word "douche". Maybe there is hope for you, yet. You have an actual woman? I bet she's fatter than you and looks like a buffalo.
good one Napoleon... There is nothing you could possibly say that I would take serious. Everyone here knows you have issues about your dwarfism and try to compensate with your ignorant trash talking.

injuredinmelee
11-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Displaced Texan
I think you just proved without a doubt who the biggest dumb@$$ is...congratulations you win hands down.
Geez
nm

TheDOCTORdre
11-13-2010, 08:55 AM
I think everyone who is defending IP for those cheap shots are being redirected from the YouTube videos of the game to the Hellen Keller Simulator (http://helenkellersimulator.org/)

either that or their just blind

for those who defend the player from IP in the 1st video for playing through the whistle:rolleyes: perhaps you should be concerned with the fact that he doesnt know where the ball is if he's hitting shipley:D :doh:

Looking4number8
11-13-2010, 09:03 AM

I get your point but it is a true cheap shot. What is the defense supposed to be doing... Tackle the man with the ball. The #12 on defense is comming across the field to hit Shipley, the ball is 10 feet away from him and he is not going for it. Even if the play was still live, his job is get the man with the ball down.

Yes players are told to play to the whistle but he was not playing football, he was trying to put another player out of a game. That is a cheap shot and coaching that should get a man fired!

The NFL was mentioned.. what would this player get from the NFL (i realize this it HS football, just making a comparrison) $50,000 fine and weeks suspension?

GreenMonster
11-13-2010, 09:27 AM
It was late. It was excessive. It was flagged. I would have pulled the kid to the side and said great hustle BUT don't do stupid things to hurt your team. And I would have sent him back in at the first opportunity. That was not an ejectable offense in my book or obviously the presiding officials book. It's just a kid being overly aggressive and making a poor decision. Now, I wasn't there and did not see everything that went on and have not seen IP play at all this year so I am in no way defending what went on in the game because all I've seen of it is this one play. But on this one play that's what I saw and how I would have reacted. I'm a firm believer in playing with class. I'm also a firm believer in doing exactly what Coach Shipley did if I feel the guy on the other sideline is behind it. As a player though, if I was caught in that situation (getting it run way up on me) I'm going to get dirtier and dirtier. It's a no win situation. Back in the day, Coaches pulled the offensive starters but would leave the defensive starters in the game in situations like this to send a message. Now in this era of score first and we'll consider defense for the first 15 minutes of practice on Monday a coach feels he needs to punish you with his offense instead of his defense. I don't care for it much as a shashmouth brand of football guy, but it is what it is. Now, with all of that having happened and the dust having settled and we've all had time to sit back and calm down. Was it really the right thing to do? The Christian thing to do? In the words of Forrest Gump, my Momma allways says "Two wrongs don't make a right." What lessons were taught Thursday night to the young men participating in the game? As coaches it is our duty, our responsibility, and our job to teach life lessons, build character, and foremost be a good role model to our student athletes. From what I can gather both coaches failed miserably at this Thursday night because they let their own ego get in the way. It's not about the guy under the headset, it's not about the fans in the stands, it's about those kids on the field and the life lessons that they will take forward with them.

Inmateboss
11-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It was late. It was excessive. It was flagged. I would have pulled the kid to the side and said great hustle BUT don't do stupid things to hurt your team. And I would have sent him back in at the first opportunity. That was not an ejectable offense in my book or obviously the presiding officials book. It's just a kid being overly aggressive and making a poor decision. Now, I wasn't there and did not see everything that went on and have not seen IP play at all this year so I am in no way defending what went on in the game because all I've seen of it is this one play. But on this one play that's what I saw and how I would have reacted. I'm a firm believer in playing with class. I'm also a firm believer in doing exactly what Coach Shipley did if I feel the guy on the other sideline is behind it. As a player though, if I was caught in that situation (getting it run way up on me) I'm going to get dirtier and dirtier. It's a no win situation. Back in the day, Coaches pulled the offensive starters but would leave the defensive starters in the game in situations like this to send a message. Now in this era of score first and we'll consider defense for the first 15 minutes of practice on Monday a coach feels he needs to punish you with his offense instead of his defense. I don't care for it much as a shashmouth brand of football guy, but it is what it is. Now, with all of that having happened and the dust having settled and we've all had time to sit back and calm down. Was it really the right thing to do? The Christian thing to do? In the words of Forrest Gump, my Momma allways says "Two wrongs don't make a right." What lessons were taught Thursday night to the young men participating in the game? As coaches it is our duty, our responsibility, and our job to teach life lessons, build character, and foremost be a good role model to our student athletes. From what I can gather both coaches failed miserably at this Thursday night because they let their own ego get in the way. It's not about the guy under the headset, it's not about the fans in the stands, it's about those kids on the field and the life lessons that they will take forward with them.

:clap:

hookandladder
11-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Clearly a late hit, no different then after a QB throws an int. The first thing I told my son this year, when you throw an int. you better start looking around cause someone is looking to put a cheap shot on you. Also told him that is part of football, so suck it up and play or get out. No one likes to see this type of football, but it is a full contact sport so you better be alert. Shipley will take much harder hit's next year and yes possibily a cheap shot or 2.

garciap77
11-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hey, do you remember when a group of us DL posters were at the Andrews/Brownwood
playoff game at HSU's basefield? It seemed like everytime Shelby Miller came up to bat that Andrews was trying to hit him with a pitch.

My point is that maybe bobcat1 is onto something here. The only team that ever
cheap shotted Brownwood before they dropped was Stephenville. Now it looks like everybody is.
Is it a coincicidence that Rocket started posting at the same time? :thinking:

:thinking:

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 11:41 AM

Well said GreenMonster. I agree with almost all of it, except that I dont think Shipley failed miserably at all. I do think IP did. But anyways, the life lessons comment....very timely comment. Here is what that life lesson might be:

1) In business, if your competitor is cheating and lying, you stay within the rules and just out-sell them...crush them...run them out of business.
2) In your personal life, if someone sucker punches your son (or your best friends son) with intent to really do harm, you stay within the rules and you press charges to the fullest extent of the law, follow it to the very end.
3) In life, if you play dirty, expect a hailstorm of retribution. It's not worth it.

BwdLions
11-13-2010, 11:58 AM
I have a good idea. Some of you less than intelligent posters who are justifying these late hits come to a Brownwood game. Stand there with your back to me and I'll come level you when you're not expecting it. It will be fun.

DaHop72
11-13-2010, 12:00 PM
It was late. It was excessive. It was flagged. I would have pulled the kid to the side and said great hustle BUT don't do stupid things to hurt your team. And I would have sent him back in at the first opportunity. That was not an ejectable offense in my book or obviously the presiding officials book. It's just a kid being overly aggressive and making a poor decision. Now, I wasn't there and did not see everything that went on and have not seen IP play at all this year so I am in no way defending what went on in the game because all I've seen of it is this one play. But on this one play that's what I saw and how I would have reacted. I'm a firm believer in playing with class. I'm also a firm believer in doing exactly what Coach Shipley did if I feel the guy on the other sideline is behind it. As a player though, if I was caught in that situation (getting it run way up on me) I'm going to get dirtier and dirtier. It's a no win situation. Back in the day, Coaches pulled the offensive starters but would leave the defensive starters in the game in situations like this to send a message. Now in this era of score first and we'll consider defense for the first 15 minutes of practice on Monday a coach feels he needs to punish you with his offense instead of his defense. I don't care for it much as a shashmouth brand of football guy, but it is what it is. Now, with all of that having happened and the dust having settled and we've all had time to sit back and calm down. Was it really the right thing to do? The Christian thing to do? In the words of Forrest Gump, my Momma allways says "Two wrongs don't make a right." What lessons were taught Thursday night to the young men participating in the game? As coaches it is our duty, our responsibility, and our job to teach life lessons, build character, and foremost be a good role model to our student athletes. From what I can gather both coaches failed miserably at this Thursday night because they let their own ego get in the way. It's not about the guy under the headset, it's not about the fans in the stands, it's about those kids on the field and the life lessons that they will take forward with them. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
11-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SHUT UP DAHOP!!!!

hookandladder
11-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I have a good idea. Some of you less than intelligent posters who are justifying these late hits come to a Brownwood game. Stand there with your back to me and I'll come level you when you're not expecting it. It will be fun.

If you have ever played football I am sure this has happen to most all player once or twice, right or wrong it happens. Not saying I agree with the cheap shots but it happens. Brownwood players are not the only ones it has happened to, it is water under the bridge so move on.

Deuce
11-13-2010, 12:31 PM
I would have scored as much as possible on them after watching these videos. You can say they were not late hits and this and that and I might agree, but these were clearly attempts at trying to knock and all star out of the game. "Two wrongs dont make a right." Cry me a freaking river. IP got what they deserved after clearly trying to take a kid out of the game.

Rocket
11-13-2010, 12:37 PM
It's hilarious to me how people hate accountability in the USA. You play dirty and then get 88 points scored on you. It's that simple. The coach didn't control it and he was humiliated in front of 1000's along with his team. It's very simple logic, but you left wing liberals are so scared of judgment. Shipley handled business swiftly and justice was served. Let it be known, any team planning on turding out as part of their gameplan will be dealt with harshly.

DDBooger
11-13-2010, 12:42 PM
It's hilarious to me how people hate accountability in the USA. You play dirty and then get 88 points scored on you. It's that simple. The coach didn't control it and he was humiliated in front of 1000's along with his team. It's very simple logic, but you left wing liberals are so scared of judgment. Shipley handled business swiftly and justice was served. Let it be known, any team planning on turding out as part of their gameplan will be dealt with harshly. yeah, you lost me here rockee, only a handful of us liberals here and I'd bet none of the people stating their opinions on here to the contrary are liberal. Mixing in politics was stupid. Your coach did what he did, some people just don't agree. I had no problem with it, just questioned the thinking of giving the other team more opportunities to take shots at your players.

MoveInDad
11-13-2010, 12:47 PM
It's hilarious to me how people hate accountability in the USA. You play dirty and then get 88 points scored on you. It's that simple. The coach didn't control it and he was humiliated in front of 1000's along with his team. It's very simple logic, but you left wing liberals are so scared of judgment. Shipley handled business swiftly and justice was served. Let it be known, any team planning on turding out as part of their gameplan will be dealt with harshly.
I'm afraid you disqualified yourself from using even 'simple' logic with the first line in your post.

Tejastrue
11-13-2010, 03:12 PM

I can't personally speak for our team, just a fan and supporter, but I believe the Texans would readily accept the challenge. If we are blessed with the honor to participate in the big game, and they may have to travel there via a fleet of ambulances, I can promise you this. They'll play with pride, dignity, and character ( a reflection of our coaches) and you'll see nothing in that game that resembled the individuals responsible for the dirty play, lack of respect and class that occurred last Thursday night.

I would like to add my opinion for the reason there are so many Brownwood posts on this forum. To Brownwood, take it as a compliment however negative some may be. There are posts that reflect jealousy and anger but also respect. It will always be like this for teams with an abundance of history and success. This year you have opened many eyes and have everyone's attention. With your long history of success and the vast community support I just think it's good for 3A football that Brownwood has returned to it's winning ways. Here's wishing you success throughout the playoffs except for that one game should we meet again.

atownindians
11-13-2010, 04:44 PM

Rocket
11-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
I can't personally speak for our team, just a fan and supporter, but I believe the Texans would readily accept the challenge. If we are blessed with the honor to participate in the big game, and they may have to travel there via a fleet of ambulances, I can promise you this. They'll play with pride, dignity, and character ( a reflection of our coaches) and you'll see nothing in that game that resembled the individuals responsible for the dirty play, lack of respect and class that occurred last Thursday night.

I would like to add my opinion for the reason there are so many Brownwood posts on this forum. To Brownwood, take it as a compliment however negative some may be. There are posts that reflect jealousy and anger but also respect. It will always be like this for teams with an abundance of history and success. This year you have opened many eyes and have everyone's attention. With your long history of success and the vast community support I just think it's good for 3A football that Brownwood has returned to it's winning ways. Here's wishing you success throughout the playoffs except for that one game should we meet again.

Awesome post. I hope it is Brownwood/Wimberley in the finals...

Rocket
11-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
yeah, you lost me here rockee, only a handful of us liberals here and I'd bet none of the people stating their opinions on here to the contrary are liberal. Mixing in politics was stupid. Your coach did what he did, some people just don't agree. I had no problem with it, just questioned the thinking of giving the other team more opportunities to take shots at your players.

It is the idea that nobody is wrong, no matter what. I thought I would throw some politics on it like some salt and pepper..LOL

The IP coach was wrong and he got dealt with. End of story.

DDBooger
11-13-2010, 05:23 PM
It is the idea that nobody is wrong, no matter what. I thought I would throw some politics on it like some salt and pepper..LOL

The IP coach was wrong and he got dealt with. End of story. that's fine. :)

bp80884
11-13-2010, 05:28 PM

The IP coach was wrong and he got dealt with. End of story.

How did he get dealt with? Did someone whack him or did his team just get blown out?

It is great and classy when an adult can deal with another adult by telling high school kids to humiliate other high school kids.

I think they should get their dad's together and let them duke it out. I would rather that than having kids get into the middle of a pissing match between 2 adults.

garciap77
11-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Bad thing is if they truly wanted to stop Brownwood by cheapshots they targeted the wrong person. The QB is what makes that offense purr.

I know! I disagree with the QB, it should have been Rocket!:D

;)

garciap77
11-13-2010, 05:31 PM
SHUT UP DAHOP!!!!

SHUT UP WIMPY!:D

;)

bp80884
11-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I know! I disagree with the QB, it should have been Rocket!:D

;)

I would be ok with a cheap shot on Rocket.

Rocket
11-13-2010, 06:01 PM
How did he get dealt with? Did someone whack him or did his team just get blown out?

It is great and classy when an adult can deal with another adult by telling high school kids to humiliate other high school kids.

I think they should get their dad's together and let them duke it out. I would rather that than having kids get into the middle of a pissing match between 2 adults.

88 points. Dealt with.

Some people don't deserve mercy. You show good sportsmanship by playing clean ball, you get handled with good sportsmanship and the dogs called off...it is so simple.

Rocket
11-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I would be ok with a cheap shot on Rocket.

Pretty bored huh? Nothing to do...no team to watch...

GreenMonster
11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
88 points. Dealt with.

Some people don't deserve mercy. You show good sportsmanship by playing clean ball, you get handled with good sportsmanship and the dogs called off...it is so simple.

I agree. Stated very clearly that I understand and agree with what Coach Shipley did in the game. I have no problem with giving them some more medicine if I feel they are playing dirty. But there also comes a point where you've got to be the bigger man and walk away. That's a real good life lesson. Whereas, pulling out all the stops to try to score 100 points on a bunch of 16,17,& 18 year olds doesn't teach anything but retaliation. Retaliation is a crime in the real world. Therefore, it is my belief that Coach Shipley, who lost his cool (which shouldn't ever happen), used poor judgement in how he went about his business Thursday night. Because of this he failed miserably to be a good role model for his student athletes and I will stand by my opinion on this no matter how many names you call me Rocket. And also, I already do not expect you to understand what it is like to be the bigger man, Rocket. So go ahead with your insults and name calling, we all know what's coming as your response. Hope you have a good time with that. :p

bp80884
11-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Pretty bored huh? Nothing to do...no team to watch...

Nah, watching you keep up with all of the Brownwood posts is entertaining enough and worth the price of admission.

garciap77
11-13-2010, 08:44 PM
88 points. Dealt with.

I thought you guys were the Lions! Remember! The dogs own you! :D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocket2-1-1-1.jpg
;)

Z-RO
11-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Those IP kids knew what they were doing, and to think other wise is just ridiculous. Their head coach never put a stop to it so it falls on his head, however, where are the team captains? Once again like I said those kids knew what they were doing, let this be a tough life lesson learned.

BWDCindie
11-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 3AFootballfan

Better than returning the favor by cheapshotting your players! And Mack Brown doesn't have to be told to run up the score, they don't cry about stuff like that in college football! If your team can score 100, so be it.

AngeloState39
11-13-2010, 09:21 PM

AngeloState39
11-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by BWDCindie
Better than returning the favor by cheapshotting your players! And Mack Brown doesn't have to be told to run up the score, they don't cry about stuff like that in college football! If your team can score 100, so be it. you should stay away from the keyboard.

Rocket
11-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
you should stay away from the keyboard.

:rolleyes:

BWDCindie
11-13-2010, 09:56 PM
you should stay away from the keyboard.

Why? Because you didn't like what I said?

bwdaggie
11-13-2010, 10:12 PM

i like this ALOT! i think you get it because wimberley has experienced the same effect on their own community with your storied volleyball program...respected, feared, even emulated in the play of other teams...i know that when that happens you have a target the size of texas on your team and your community as well. CONGRATS to your volleyball team on YET ANOTHER trip to the state tourney....good luck!

Looking4number8
11-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Whereas, pulling out all the stops to try to score 100 points on a bunch of 16,17,& 18 year olds doesn't teach anything but retaliation. Retaliation is a crime in the real world. :p

We understand what you are saying but the part where you are mistaken is that we did not pull all the stops. From the midway of the 3 rd quarter we barley threw the ball, only on 3rd and long. We just ran it down their throat which is not really our game. In the 4th quarter we only scored 1 offensive TD, the other was a int return. Other thing is our kids that they were cheap shoting are also 16, 17 and 18 year old kids. People have said we should have put the backups in, sorry, those are 14, 15 and 16 year olds. They had no business in that game playing against that Iowa Park team.

I hope we never see the likes of this again. I am thrilled Shipley did what he did but I look forward to playing teams like Bridgeport that dont play that game.

Go Lions

LionFan72
11-13-2010, 10:47 PM

Very Reasonable, and nothing less than class sportsmanship. I enjoyed the game with Wimberley last year and would not mind at all meeting you again for a little re-match! The Texans played a hard hitting smash mouth game that was indeed clean and entertaining, although I did not like the results very much:doh:, maybe we can return the favor this year. Good luck in your games (except your last one, maybe)and hope you injuries heal quickly and completely!

The IP game was a game I hope to never witness again! It was completely out of control from the beginning. I will not say that the Lions were innocent by any means, but the aggressors were definitely wearing green and white. The officials could have put a stop to it by ejecting those players early on, but failed to do so. There is nothing wrong with playing agressive football, but when it comes to targeting, ejections should have occurred. Nuff said, they are done, bouncing the Bballs, bring on Bridgeport! Sorry Bull fans, Brownwood 52-Bridgeport24!

DaHop72
11-13-2010, 11:05 PM
SHUT UP DAHOP!!!! SHUT UP WIMPY!!!, you :stirpot: Rockee loving sucker. :devil: :devil: :D

ctown
11-14-2010, 12:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

prick

Rocket, you're a little too in love with yourself. That's a BS thing to say in this forum or anywhere else. You wanna chest thump and prance around the forum like a miniature gorilla, fine. You're in bad territory when you comment on anyone's significant others.

bp80884
11-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by ctown
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Rocket, you're a little too in love with yourself. That's a BS thing to say in this forum or anywhere else. You wanna chest thump and prance around the forum like a miniature gorilla, fine. You're in bad territory when you comment on anyone's significant others.

Wow, this took an ackward turn. Let's keep it above the line.

wimbo_pro
11-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Wow, this took an ackward turn. Let's keep it above the line.
I agree. I am all for agreeing with Shipley on putting serious numbers on IP...but geez...they didnt stab anyone...no one got shot. Let's pump the brakes a little here.