PDA

View Full Version : One of the most criticized jobs in the nation....

coach
11-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Coaching. Me and Ev were discussing this last night and the only other job i can think of is the President of the Unitedd States. Anybody agree disagree? What are some other jobs that get a lot of scrutiny?

Blastoderm55
11-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by coach
Coaching. Me and Ev were discussing this last night and the only other job i can think of is the President of the Unitedd States. Anybody agree disagree? What are some other jobs that get a lot of scrutiny?

Um, CEOs, law enforcement, legal professionals, medical professionals, educators, local, state, and federal politicians.

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Refs

runtowin
11-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Um, CEOs, law enforcement, legal professionals, medical professionals, educators, local, state, and federal politicians.

how many people gather in groups or visit message boards to criticize those individuals?

runtowin
11-12-2010, 11:50 AM
the weather man/woman

Ranger Mom
11-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by runtowin
how many people gather in groups or visit message boards to criticize those individuals?

Probably more than you realize. I bet each of those "groups" has a message board dedicated to it.

slpybear the bullfan
11-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Way more than you realize.

I would hate to be a teacher just as much a coach. Certainly wouldn't want to be a police officer where everyone you arrest is potentially trying to do you harm and every bystander might have a camera trying to film you trying to do them harm.

I ahve always looked at it this way. Anyone desiring to be a coach, teacher, politician, LEO, soldier, etc. understands that the public will constantly pass ill-informed judgement upon you. Those consequences are part of the gig.

BILLYFRED0000
11-12-2010, 12:12 PM
My question is how may arm chair doctors do you hear about. But you always have the arm chair qb and coach who thinks he knows better.

DDBooger
11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Cowboys Coach
Cowboys Owner
Cowboys QB

slpybear the bullfan
11-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
My question is how may arm chair doctors do you hear about. But you always have the arm chair qb and coach who thinks he knows better.

LOL, everyone I know is an arm chair doctor and typically diagnoses themselves for a while until they HAVE to go in and see the doc.

Eagle 1
11-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Cowboys Coach
Cowboys Owner
Cowboys QB

:D :clap:

coach
11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Way more than you realize.

I would hate to be a teacher just as much a coach. Certainly wouldn't want to be a police officer where everyone you arrest is potentially trying to do you harm and every bystander might have a camera trying to film you trying to do them harm.

I ahve always looked at it this way. Anyone desiring to be a coach, teacher, politician, LEO, soldier, etc. understands that the public will constantly pass ill-informed judgement upon you. Those consequences are part of the gig.

the funny thing is the teacher will complain about the coaches all the time...if they arent complaining about his victories they will complain about him just bc he is a coach. a lot of coaches are hated among teachers which i think is funny bc coaches put in waaaayyyyy more hours than they ever think about doing

Ernest T Bass
11-12-2010, 01:50 PM
the funny thing is the teacher will complain about the coaches all the time...if they arent complaining about his victories they will complain about him just bc he is a coach. a lot of coaches are hated among teachers which i think is funny bc coaches put in waaaayyyyy more hours than they ever think about doing

Funny thing is, those same teachers are the ones who start hollering for coaches anytime they can't handle discipline in their classrooms.

95mustang
I will have to go with Medical Professionals.

JJWalker
I like to criticize white people. :)

Not so much of a career, but fun to do.

Ernest T Bass
11-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I will have to go with Medical Professionals.

But they dont get fired because of it.

BaseballUmp
11-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Strippers...

BullsFan
11-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Wrong and wrong. All teachers are not coach-critical. Most of the teachers I know support the team unconditionally, and that usually extends to the coach. And I also wouldn't bet on coaches all spending waaaaaayyyyy more hours than a teacher thinks about doing. Teachers just don't get a stipend for the extra hours they work.

(Dude, I am all about coaches, and I don't begrudge the stipend. Just don't come down on ALL teachers when it sounds like it's just the ones you've encountered who are your problem.)

Ernest T Bass
11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Strippers...

Discussion over. Close thread.

JJWalker
11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Strippers...
That is not a career either. That is a gender.

BaseballUmp
11-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Discussion over. Close thread.

:thumbsup:

Ernest T Bass
11-12-2010, 03:01 PM
:thumbsup:

Actually, lemmie take that back. Id have to say hookers are more criticized than strippers.

BaseballUmp
11-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Actually, lemmie take that back. Id have to say hookers are more criticized than strippers.

Haha yea thats correct, didn't know if I could bring up hookers though since technically it is an illegal activity lol