PDA

View Full Version : BW-IP drama

squid
11-11-2010, 10:27 PM
anyone at the game? The Wylie radio guys just reported that Shipley and the IP coach had to be separated by the police at halftime....something about what Shipley saw as cheapshots...

Eagle 1
11-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I heard that too...

pirate4state
11-11-2010, 10:30 PM
:eek:

Rocket
11-11-2010, 10:32 PM
We bout to hang 100...

Tin Cup
11-11-2010, 10:32 PM
They are cheapshotting us every possession!!!

He said at halftime interview: "if they are gunna keep cheapshotting, we will keep scoring!"

Let's just say he is not happy with the way IP has played this ballgame

squid
11-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Rocket are you at the game?

squid
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
My son played at Wylie in 2000-2003, I think they played IP twice in that time. I seem to remember similiar things even back then...

Rocket
Nope...

BwdLion73
69-24 Brownwood

Z-RO
11-11-2010, 10:36 PM
time left?

Tin Cup
11-11-2010, 10:37 PM
we are in 3rd Q!

Daddy D 11
11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by squid
anyone at the game? The Wylie radio guys just reported that Shipley and the IP coach had to be separated by the police at halftime....something about what Shipley saw as cheapshots...

that is awesome.... i hope brownwood scores 120 points

Z-RO
11-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I've started listening to the game, and just from what I have heard I would keep running it up! 88-24 as of now

Tin Cup
11-11-2010, 11:23 PM
It's been UGLY...

Lee Clubb is one heckuva player and he has a future in sports (he can proly chose which one)

Macarthur
11-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
They are cheapshotting us every possession!!!

He said at halftime interview: "if they are gunna keep cheapshotting, we will keep scoring!"

Let's just say he is not happy with the way IP has played this ballgame

I spoke to an IP fan at the game and obviously they have a very diff take than BW.

Tin Cup
11-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I spoke to an IP fan at the game and obviously they have a very diff take than BW.

Of course he did...he's from IP

Rocket
11-11-2010, 11:51 PM

I'll say... Brownwood whipped their butt and Iowa Park got their butt whipped. LOL

DParker
11-11-2010, 11:53 PM
It's been UGLY...

Lee Clubb is one heckuva player and he has a future in sports (he can proly chose which one)

snowboarding looks fun

Tin Cup
11-11-2010, 11:54 PM
LOL I bet he's good at it

BwdLions
11-12-2010, 12:56 AM
I was at the game. Iowa Park had their#7 ejected for throwing a punch. As far as I know, I.P. Had six personal fouls. It was an ugly game. Shipley was mad so that's why he sent the strong message.

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 01:50 AM
There is only one person that can take the blame for that kind of conduct, since it was not a moment of frustration or a just this one time sorry won't let it happen again kind of a deal, but an all year thing. Like i have heard before if they ain't stopping it, then their Coaching it!! Iowa Parks Head Coach should be ashamed of himself and there is no reason or justification for such actions!!!!I'm glad they lost and hope they don't win again till their coach gets his head out and really tries to be a leader for these young men!!!

LionFan72
11-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
There is only one person that can take the blame for that kind of conduct, since it was not a moment of frustration or a just this one time sorry won't let it happen again kind of a deal, but an all year thing. Like i have heard before if they ain't stopping it, then their Coaching it!! Iowa Parks Head Coach should be ashamed of himself and there is no reason or justification for such actions!!!!I'm glad they lost and hope they don't win again till their coach gets his head out and really tries to be a leader for these young men!!!

Agreed! That is why the confrontation happened at half. Total lack of mature leadership!

BEAST
11-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I was standing 10' from both coaches went their "conversation" took place. Shipley left it up to him. Warned him if the late hits and cheap shots didn't stop, we were going to hang 100 on him. Early in the 3rd Qtr, IP continued with what they had been doing. Therefore we put 88 on them. I promise you, Shipley backed off a little. We could have done more.

BEAST

Looking4number8
11-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Just got home from the game and I will say this, I am not for running up the score but I do like the attitude, "you keep throwing punches, we will keep throwing td's" much better than throwing punches back.

Also an apology is owed to the Iowa Park players and I hope their coach gave it to them, If he would have kept his players from kicking occupied helment and throwing punches no way would we have scored 88, It was soley on their coaches shoulders,

oldtownag
11-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Obviously I was not there. But scoring 88 would be hard to justify in my book. I am sure everyone from IP didn't "throw a punch".

3afan
11-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Obviously I was not there. But scoring 88 would be hard to justify in my book. I am sure everyone from IP didn't "throw a punch".

yep - probably some over reacting

bwdlionfan
11-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I think the whole thing started in the first quarter after an extra point. Everyone was coming back getting ready for the kickoff and Iowa Park's head coach stormed out on the field (almost a sprint) yelling and pointing at Coach Shipley (also motioning him out on the field). Shipley started walking out and got about 10 feet or so out on the field when 3 Iowa Park players and a ref grabbed their head coach and pulled him back. I have no idea what it was about, I didn't think the game was very dirty until this happened. When their coach did this, their fans erupted and their team erupted. That's when they made a game of it for about 10 minutes and that is also when a lot of cheap crap started happening. Our crowd and players started getting in to it and then Brownwood just went off after they tied it at 14.

bwdlionfan
11-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
yep - probably some over reacting

When you've been told to stop cheap shotting or we'll keep scoring and you come kick our #2 RB in the head after he's on the ground and we're already up 75-24 the scoring will continue.

7 personal fouls.... should have been double that.

Should have been more ejections as well, not just the one.

44INAROW
11-12-2010, 08:33 AM
real mature coach.. :hand: Thank God my boys had better influences in coaching than a MDIBTYD type of person. :doh:

Looking4number8
11-12-2010, 08:36 AM

I agree, that's why I say the Iowa Park coach owes his whole team an apology. Again, it was sqare on his shoulders. He was given a choice and made it.

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 08:58 AM

TEAM, Unsportsman like conduct spreads just as fast as good sportsmanship! You let one guy on a TEAM, stop and offer a hand to another player to help him up after a play is over and you just watch a different one do right after that! Lesson Learned?? You let a kid, Punch,Twist,or come out of a pile of players holding another teams players helment by the face mask and then throw it,along with other acts of unsportsman like conduct and see where that gets ya!! Lesson Learned!!! You bet!!
We have played both of these teams this year and there are some really good kids on the Iowa Park team so this falls squarely on the coaches shoulders! Whats the best way to punish a coach? By hanging a 100 on him!!! Shipley was NOT out of line in doing this! If it hurt the teams feelings, well...
"Lesson Learned"

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
When you've been told to stop cheap shotting or we'll keep scoring and you come kick our #2 RB in the head after he's on the ground and we're already up 75-24 the scoring will continue.

7 personal fouls.... should have been double that.

Should have been more ejections as well, not just the one.

Crappy Refs!!! Had they gone over to both benches and explained that with every cheapshot foul will come an ejection and handled it strongly from the start, it would have allowed for a more friendly Texas style football game!!!

Looking4number8
11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Crappy Refs!!! Had they gone over to both benches and explained that with every cheapshot foul will come an ejection and handled it strongly from the start, it would have allowed for a more friendly Texas style football game!!!

+1

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
real mature coach.. :hand: Thank God my boys had better influences in coaching than a MDIBTYD type of person. :doh:

Last year our Head Coach, " during" the game, made one of our boys go across the field and apologize to the other HC for a cheap shot. He rode the bench for the rest of the half!!

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 09:26 AM
so.....what happened? G2 brought me a beer and some spray cheese and it made me sick so I missed 1st - 4th qtrs. :confused: :confused: :D :D

I knew natural light was bad for me but he told me to drink it anyway.

Louie13
11-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
so.....what happened? G2 brought me a beer and some spray cheese and it made me sick so I missed 1st - 4th qtrs. :confused: :confused: :D :D

I knew natural light was bad for me but he told me to drink it anyway.

You've got a lot of reading to catch up on. LOL Enjoy your beer while doing your reading assignment.:eek:

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Louie13
You've got a lot of reading to catch up on. LOL Enjoy your beer while doing your reading assignment.:eek:

I made it to the game. Whats more suprising is I made it to work the next morning. Holy cow I'm tired and I hope nobody calls me, I can barely talk.

BwdLions
11-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I made it to the game. Whats more suprising is I made it to work the next morning. Holy cow I'm tired and I hope nobody calls me, I can barely talk.

:fnypost:

BwdLions
11-12-2010, 10:52 AM
TEAM, Unsportsman like conduct spreads just as fast as good sportsmanship! You let one guy on a TEAM, stop and offer a hand to another player to help him up after a play is over and you just watch a different one do right after that! Lesson Learned?? You let a kid, Punch,Twist,or come out of a pile of players holding another teams players helment by the face mask and then throw it,along with other acts of unsportsman like conduct and see where that gets ya!! Lesson Learned!!! You bet!!
We have played both of these teams this year and there are some really good kids on the Iowa Park team so this falls squarely on the coaches shoulders! Whats the best way to punish a coach? By hanging a 100 on him!!! Shipley was NOT out of line in doing this! If it hurt the teams feelings, well...
"Lesson Learned"

:iagree:

Ex-Tiger2005
11-12-2010, 10:54 AM

:clap: They have to control the game first off...

Red&White_9x5
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Honestly, it is the coaches job to control his team. The fact that the head coach allowed this behavior to take place is totally unacceptable. It is a shame that the good kids for IP had to experience this beating, but honestly I feel it was justified. Coach Shipley is well respected and a class act so for him to allow his team to hang 88 on somebody there had to be a reason. The coach from IP should have learned a valuable lesson from this and if he didn't then he needs to find a new job. If I am one of the good kids or the community I am placing full blame on the coach

Bosqueville
11-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Extactly!

LionKing
11-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Obviously I was not there. But scoring 88 would be hard to justify in my book. I am sure everyone from IP didn't "throw a punch". I hope you wouldn't wager a bet on that, there were 4-5 punches thrown just in the 1st qtr by various IP players.

Cam
11-12-2010, 11:41 AM
A limerick opportunity has arisen....:D

The punches, the coaches, the drama was great,
By the end of the half, everyone was irate.
Ol' Bob sent a warning, a few things were said,
Stop with the nonsense, or this night you will dread.
IP Coach didn't listen, Lions scored eighty-eight!!

hehehe......

charlesrixey
11-12-2010, 12:15 PM
that extra 20-30 points shipley poured on may continue to get talked about if Brownwood was to break the single-season points record
:thinking:

bobcat1
11-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I agree, that's why I say the Iowa Park coach owes his whole team an apology. Again, it was sqare on his shoulders. He was given a choice and made it. So you think he should have went in at halftime and said lay down boys and they promise to not hit us hard. Even if the coach would have said that to me I would have played harder. I never took cheap shots while playing back in the day because you were weak if you played that way, but in these times today I can see it happening.

My only objection is that Shipley ran the risk of having any of his neccessary kids hurt by playing them deep into this game. All it did was pi$$ those IP kids off worse and subsequently led to more frustration on their part. They obviously knew they were going to lose so they probably looked at it like What do I have to lose.

Blast away but I was trying to look at it from the IP players perspective.

Macarthur
11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
I hope you wouldn't wager a bet on that, there were 4-5 punches thrown just in the 1st qtr by various IP players.

Okay, I'm calling BS here.

There needs to be a little balance on this issue because all of these threads have been extremely one-sided.

I spoke with two people that were at the game. One was from IP and another was from another town and had not rooting interest in either team.

This was how the situation was explained to me. The IP kids did let some of their frustration get the best of them, but it was NOT without provocation (and that came from the person from aonther town). I was told by the person from the other town that there was a real air of arrogance from the brownwood team and they were 'egging' on the IP players.

As for the kid being ejected for throwing a punch, I was told the kid was being held, or so he thought, and the tried to jerk away from the BW player holding him. When he jerked away if you were not watching the play and saw it in your periferal vision, it probably did look like someone took a swing because his arms were flying around.

Again, I was not there, but that is the story from an IP perspective.

There was never any mention last night of 'several punches' being thrown.

IP had 13 penalties and BW had 12.

And I seem to remember some complaints from Wylie folks about some questionable play from BW.

What it sounded like to me, trying to put two stories together, is that the IP kids came out and tried to be really aggressive and was too aggressive early and then once the score got out of hand, there started to be frustration.

But I think for everyone here to say that IP was simply an evil team that wanted nothing but to hurt BW players and BW was nothing but a pure as the driven snow old fashioned american football team innocent of any foul play, is very naive.

And all that I have read about Ponder is that he goes about things the right way.

LIONS
11-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Brownwood did not have 12 personal fouls, and the punch was not trying to jerk away it was a haymaker to the helmet. I know you said you were not there so I thought I would give you two facts.

Macarthur
11-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by LIONS
Brownwood did not have 12 personal fouls, and the punch was not trying to jerk away it was a haymaker to the helmet. I know you said you were not there so I thought I would give you two facts.

I didn't mean to imply all of those 12 were personal fouls; just as all of IP's 13 penalties were not personal fouls.

Well, isn't it interesting how people on two sides of a field see the same incident and have very different takes on it.

That's really my point of the whole post. There has been absolutely no balance on these topics. And I'm pretty much willing to bet anything that IP's strategy wasn't to get everyone kicked out of the game.

WildTexan972
11-12-2010, 01:31 PM
those mean ankle twisters were at it again....

burgandy hillbillies as she called em....now that was funny....

SintonPirateFan
11-12-2010, 01:32 PM
brownwood posters are some of the most biased homers ive seen on here.(no offense, but you know it's true--i bet some of you even wear it as a badge of honor! :) ) that being said, i'm pretty sure i HC wouldn't lay 88 on a team unless he felt it was deserved. like the "lesson learned" post.....seems like the BW HC felt if the IP HC wouldn't teach those boys what they were doing was wrong, he'd do it himself.

Macarthur
11-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
brownwood posters are some of the most biased homers ive seen on here.(no offense, but you know it's true--i bet some of you even wear it as a badge of honor! :) ) that being said, i'm pretty sure i HC wouldn't lay 88 on a team unless he felt it was deserved. like the "lesson learned" post.....seems like the BW HC felt if the IP HC wouldn't teach those boys what they were doing was wrong, he'd do it himself.

Well, I suspect that the reason shipley got so emotional was that one of those shots was on his boy.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I know one thing...

88-24. Ridiculous...

Looking4number8
11-12-2010, 01:38 PM
As for the kid being ejected for throwing a punch, I was told the kid was being held, or so he thought, and the tried to jerk away from the BW player holding him. When he jerked away if you were not watching the play and saw it in your periferal vision, it probably did look like someone took a swing because his arms were flying around.

Your friend is wrong, I was watching and their # 7 threw at straight up punch at our kid. Think our kid was #7 also.

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Your friend is wrong, I was watching and their # 7 threw at straight up punch at our kid. Think our kid was #7 also.

You are correct on #7, I still have not seen the punch and glanced over there after the fact. But after seeing all the coaches go crazy on the sideline, they convinced me something warranted an ejection.

Or the coaches are some really good actors with great timing.

slpybear the bullfan
11-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
brownwood posters are some of the most biased homers ive seen on here.(no offense, but you know it's true--i bet some of you even wear it as a badge of honor! :) ) that being said, i'm pretty sure i HC wouldn't lay 88 on a team unless he felt it was deserved.

Yeah!, because we know Pride never affects a HC....

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 02:11 PM

But I think for everyone here to say that IP was simply an evil team that wanted nothing but to hurt BW players and BW was nothing but a pure as the driven snow old fashioned american football team innocent of any foul play, is very naive.

And all that I have read about Ponder is that he goes about things the right way.

Thats just it Dude, were not saying that Iowa Parks team is evil, they have some fantastic young men on that team! I know there have been some players on our team that have done some stupid crap on the field and all the other teams too!! But when the HC lets it continue it becomes all his!!

And if you think IP's HC does things the right way, Well... then you are a fool and naive!!!

Rocket
11-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Yeah!, because we know Pride never affects a HC....

Bridgeport's butt whoopin' is coming soon enough... Get ready.

Macarthur
11-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Thats just it Dude, were not saying that Iowa Parks team is evil, they have some fantastic young men on that team! I know there have been some players on our team that have done some stupid crap on the field and all the other teams too!! But when the HC lets it continue it becomes all his!!

Well, my third source I have heard from was sitting right next to a HC and his staff from a certain n texas town watching the game. BW wasn't innocent by any means in what was going on.

And if you think IP's HC does things the right way, Well... then you are a fool and naive!!!

Those are pretty big words. Would like to provide some examples/evidence or are you like many of the BW folks that like to just shoot off their mouth because they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

Deuce
11-12-2010, 02:30 PM
88 points=wow!

100 personal fouls=WOW!

ejection from the game=WOW!

3 onside kick recoverys=WOW!

Were the onside kicks just that good in execution, or is this the 1 weakness of Wood?

wimbo_pro
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I KNEW we would eventually find Brownwoods <bows head> weakness sooner or later. On side kicks. So, all we have to do is kick onside kick after onside kick, and we can beat them.

Wait a minute...that means we would have to score a lot. This could be a problem.

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I KNEW we would eventually find Brownwoods <bows head> weakness sooner or later. On side kicks. So, all we have to do is kick onside kick after onside kick, and we can beat them.

Wait a minute...that means we would have to score a lot. This could be a problem.

Funny you mentioned this. Someone asked me in the stands why we kept scoring. In my mind I was thinking if they started scoring, we might never get the ball back cause we can't field an onside. :D :D :D

Gsquared
11-12-2010, 02:36 PM

Wimbo, while they DID give up three on side kicks last night, I think Brownwoods true weakness is the carburator on thier bus. Man, that thing was makin some strange noises when it pulled up last night. I think theres a chance of that bus breaking down on the way to one of these games. Im just sayin :thinking:

Rocket
11-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Well, my third source I have heard from was sitting right next to a HC and his staff from a certain n texas town watching the game. BW wasn't innocent by any means in what was going on.

Those are pretty big words. Would like to provide some examples/evidence or are you like many of the BW folks that like to just shoot off their mouth because they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

Lol you think you and your biased opinion is any better than ours? Once again, you run your mouth off like you are something special and above all of us Brownwood posters, but you are really clueless. Move on. 88-24. Besides the horrible play of IP and the unsportsmanlike mess, they got their inferior butts handed to them and there wasn't anything they could do about it. That is the simple truth...

I hope Brownwood plays with a swag. Why wouldn't they. "we are about to whip your butt and we know it."

Black_Magic
11-12-2010, 02:38 PM

Those are pretty big words. Would like to provide some examples/evidence or are you like many of the BW folks that like to just shoot off their mouth because they can hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Well I heard that some of this was going on
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/06/18/angle400.jpg

Rocket
11-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Well I heard that some of this was going on
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/06/18/angle400.jpg

Hey BM, if you find yourself looking for a job soon, this IP coach is even worse than Rogers. I'm sure you'll fit in well under him...

Gsquared
11-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Hey BM, if you find yourself looking for a job soon, this IP coach is even worse than Rogers. I'm sure you'll fit in well under him...
:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 02:45 PM
LOL at macarthur. You are Not going to win this battle. I'd give up if I were you.

upper20
11-12-2010, 02:54 PM

There needs to be a little balance on this issue because all of these threads have been extremely one-sided.

And I seem to remember some complaints from Wylie folks about some questionable play from BW.

I was at the BW vs Wylie game from start to finish and I do not recall any questionable play? Both teams exhibited sportsmanship, and after the game, the on-field scene was like a family reunion. If not for the uniforms, you wouldn't have been able to tell who was from which school.

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 03:03 PM

I have a feeling that somewhere someone has a game film and yes I would like to watch the "examples/evidence". I was at the Graham/Iowa Park game and saw the HC let way to many things slide! It's his job to to teach these young men to be good football players,ie...Sportsmanship and conduct on the field. If you think he's doing a good job, well... thats your opinion, but I don't think you get it, and thats mine!!

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by upper20
I was at the BW vs Wylie game from start to finish and I do not recall any questionable play? Both teams exhibited sportsmanship, and after the game, the on-field scene was like a family reunion. If not for the uniforms, you wouldn't have been able to tell who was from which school.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Macarthur
11-12-2010, 03:11 PM
LOL at macarthur. You are Not going to win this battle. I'd give up if I were you.

Give up on what?

I think any reasonable person that has read these threads will come to the conclusion that the game was not nearly as one-sided dirty as the BW posters want everyone to believe.

And if you guys can't see that pretty much everyone on here is really tired of your incessant chest thumping, you're all dumber than we all thought.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised the moderators haven't taken a few folks down a notch or two.

This site, historically, has been enjoyable to come have reasonable conversations about HS football. I do not enjoy reading this kind of junk. And I've heard from other posters that don't either. If the site continues to descend into this type of juvenile drivel, I will spend time elsewhere.

Macarthur
11-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I have a feeling that somewhere someone has a game film and yes I would like to watch the "examples/evidence". I was at the Graham/Iowa Park game and saw the HC let way to many things slide! It's his job to to teach these young men to be good football players,ie...Sportsmanship and conduct on the field. If you think he's doing a good job, well... thats your opinion, but I don't think you get it, and thats mine!!

Give me examples. What things did he let slide?

BEAST
11-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey Macarthur,

Brownwood just scored again. LOL!! Get over it. You had 88 hung on you. Shouldve been 95 but Jaxon had 1 TD before half called back. Go play basketball.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I do not enjoy reading this kind of junk. And I've heard from other posters that don't either. If the site continues to descend into this type of juvenile drivel, I will spend time elsewhere.

Oh, please MAC, don't go andywhere, we need you here. We can't have fun without you. Is that what you want to hear. Otherwise this statement was useless and as juvinile as what your describing.

Whatever!!!! If you don't like the situation your in, change it, otherwise step aside and not complain.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey Mac-

Quit your crying. Don't read Brownwood threads and better yet don't post on them. I picture you wearing a bowtie and sipping tea like some pompous better than all this wannabe.. Be gone, wanna be...

wimbo_pro
11-12-2010, 03:32 PM
How many personal fouls were leveled against each team?

Ranger Mom
11-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Give up on what?

I think any reasonable person that has read these threads will come to the conclusion that the game was not nearly as one-sided dirty as the BW posters want everyone to believe.

And if you guys can't see that pretty much everyone on here is really tired of your incessant chest thumping, you're all dumber than we all thought.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised the moderators haven't taken a few folks down a notch or two.

This site, historically, has been enjoyable to come have reasonable conversations about HS football. I do not enjoy reading this kind of junk. And I've heard from other posters that don't either. If the site continues to descend into this type of juvenile drivel, I will spend time elsewhere.

Unless they are breaking rules there isn't much we can do!!

Annoying posts and/or posters aren't against the rules....if they ever are, then we might as well shut the whole board down, because we would lose a big majority of posters!!!

These thread titles pretty much sum up what they are going to contain, if you don't want to read the "junk and juvenile drivel" then you know what to do!

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 03:36 PM
How many personal fouls were leveled against each team?

I think there were 7 against them.

I remember 1 on us when we tackled the kid into out of bounds. We were mostly hit with offside, holding, def holding

I may be wrong, tough to remember

BwdLion_80
11-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Annoying posts and/or posters aren't against the rules....if they ever are, then we might as well shut the whole board down, because we would lose a big majority of posters!!!

These thread titles pretty much sum up what they are going to contain, if you don't want to read the "junk and juvenile drivel" then you know what to do! :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :ditto: :ditto: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

LionKing
11-12-2010, 03:44 PM

These thread titles pretty much sum up what they are going to contain, if you don't want to read the "junk and juvenile drivel" then you know what to do! Great post Ranger Mom.
If we took everything to heart posted on here, we'd all have committed suicide by now.

hollywood
11-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Give up on what?

Are you a fan of The Clockwork Orange?

bwdlionfan
11-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Give me examples. What things did he let slide?

How about the IP HC running out halfway across the field yelling, pointing, and motioning at Shipley to come over to him. Three of his players and a ref had to pull him back to the sideline. The game was clean until that happened.

bobcat1
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
How about the IP HC running out halfway across the field yelling, pointing, and motioning at Shipley to come over to him. Three of his players and a ref had to pull him back to the sideline. The game was clean until that happened. I wondered why he did that?That is the question. What caused a likable coach to bolt halfway across the field in the middle of the game?

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
How about the IP HC running out halfway across the field yelling, pointing, and motioning at Shipley to come over to him. Three of his players and a ref had to pull him back to the sideline. The game was clean until that happened.

I talked to my friend who is the father of one of the line judges around noon today. He said he was shocked, he was watching the play, all the sudden he turned around after the play cause he heard some comotion, and was shocked the 2 coaches were about to go at it a good 40 yards behind the play.

On a side note, he said that game was the hardest game he has ever had to ref. He said the game was out of control as soon as the first kickoff happened and his crew felt like no matter what they did they couldn't get the game back on the tracks.

He was shocked that the constant personal fouls and ejection did not stop all the antics. When asked how shipley was(he was on BW line), he said that he was respectful but acted like a father that just had his son targeted. Who can blame him for that.

Take it what its worth. I worked with this mutual friend for 10 years and his son was the line judge. I didn't here it first hand but trust him without a second guess.

Could they of done more? I think so
What would it of been? Who really knows
Would it of changed the outcome? probably not

Lets look on to next week. We still have a long road to go.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
"when this baby hits 88 miles per hour..." how does the rest go? Hahaha

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I wondered why he did that?That is the question. What caused a likable coach to bolt halfway across the field in the middle of the game?

The two were chirpping back and forth from there respected sidelines before Proper ran onto the field. This was when Jaxon was hit late by the goaline.

My guess is Shipley said that green made Proper look Fat:D :D :D

Rocket
11-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I wondered why he did that?That is the question. What caused a likable coach to bolt halfway across the field in the middle of the game?

1. He's a weirdo.
2. He's an idiot.
3. He's a loser.
4. He felt threatened.
5. He had no other choice.

Any coach that acts like that is crazy and shouldn't be coaching kids. No wonder the cheapshots were so rampant.

bwdlionfan
11-12-2010, 04:35 PM

I'm gonna quote myself by saying I'm surprised no one else had really talked about this until now.

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 04:36 PM

These thread titles pretty much sum up what they are going to contain, if you don't want to read the "junk and juvenile drivel" then you know what to do!

It's like I have said before, the good thing about this site is you the reader are in total control just like a phone call!!! If you don't like what their saying, JUST HANG UP !!!

Ranger Mom
11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
It's like I have said before, the good thing about this site is you the reader are in total control just like a phone call!!! If you don't like what their saying, JUST HANG UP !!!

Exactly.....unless you are moderator.....but then, that is my choice too!!!:p :p

bobcat1
11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
1. He's a weirdo.
2. He's an idiot.
3. He's a loser.
4. He felt threatened.
5. He had no other choice.

Any coach that acts like that is crazy and shouldn't be coaching kids. No wonder the cheapshots were so rampant. Strange the only school getting a rash cheap shots all year are Brownwood. Wonder why? Do you think it's the arrogant postings and attitudes? Do you think kids from opposing towns read how they don't stand a chance and kinda let the rules fly out the window and start twisting ankles, hitting late and throwing punches out of frustration after playing a loaded team with near 4A numbers? Or have all the coaches said play them dirty boys. Hurt them and make them pay for winning.

No. I think the common denominators are Brownwood is good and I also think there is probably a "little" back and forth going on to provoke the other team. Kinda of mind games. We know of the reaction but maybe just maybe the catalyst is the original action. We see the firecracker pop but who lit the fuse.

bobcat1
11-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm gonna quote myself by saying I'm surprised no one else had really talked about this until now. Again, what made him do that?

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Strange the only school getting a rash cheap shots all year are Brownwood. Wonder why? Do you think it's the arrogant postings and attitudes? Do you think kids from opposing towns read how they don't stand a chance and kinda let the rules fly out the window and start twisting ankles, hitting late and throwing punches out of frustration after playing a loaded team with near 4A numbers? Or have all the coaches said play them dirty boys. Hurt them and make them pay for winning.

No. I think the common denominators are Brownwood is good and I also think there is probably a "little" back and forth going on to provoke the other team. Kinda of mind games. We know of the reaction but maybe just maybe the catalyst is the original action. We see the firecracker pop but who lit the fuse.

Bobcat

You argument hold some merit, I will agree.

I want to add though, attention is always paid to the team in the lead. We stand with the target on our chest and are trying to stay in the lead. Surely Celina would know this, teams will try just about anything to knock you off.

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Again, what made him do that?

I already answered this question. When Jaxon got hit late, the BW coaching staff went crazy, off coarse Shipley started yelling across the field.

This isn't that far out of the norm for a heated HS football game.

What is out of the norm is a coach calling another out onto the field for a confrontation.

Tin Cup
11-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I have never ever enjoyed losing. But what I hate even more is getting my arse handed to me.

When you play Brownwood this happens. I wouldn't like it whe big ol Bully Brownwood rocked my world either.

DaHop72
11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey BM, if you find yourself looking for a job soon, this IP coach is even worse than Rogers. I'm sure you'll fit in well under him... 3). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats. (2 points)

This is NOT a smack site. We are not here to air personal vendettas. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. Use intelligence & wit. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Rocket
11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Strange the only school getting a rash cheap shots all year are Brownwood. Wonder why? Do you think it's the arrogant postings and attitudes? Do you think kids from opposing towns read how they don't stand a chance and kinda let the rules fly out the window and start twisting ankles, hitting late and throwing punches out of frustration after playing a loaded team with near 4A numbers? Or have all the coaches said play them dirty boys. Hurt them and make them pay for winning.

Cheapshots=88 points

Either way, as a coach, get control of your mediocre team and play ball without playing dirty. There is no excuse for attempting to hurt another player, even arrogant postings or smack talk.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
3). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats. (2 points)

This is NOT a smack site. We are not here to air personal vendettas. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. Use intelligence & wit. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

Just looking out for BM... I thought he may be interested in working for a bigger pr** than the one he works with now. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

It isn't wise to talk smack with fans as a coach. Actually, it's pretty stupid.

DaHop72
11-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Just looking out for BM... I thought he may be interested in working for a bigger pr** than the one he works with now. Sheesh.:rolleyes: You stay classy Rocket:rolleyes: , destroy everything good that has ever been said about you, continue to make those people proud.....

Rocket
11-12-2010, 05:09 PM
You stay classy Rocket:rolleyes: , destroy everything good that has ever been said about you, continue to make those people proud.....

I will hold your BM accountable just like you hold me accountable...goes both ways.

That sounded funny...lol

Chill out, Hop. BM is big enough to defend himself and Rogers has a screenname too..tell him to log on...

As long as BM comes on this board and makes light of the classless crap that went on during the Brownwood game with Snyder, I will continue as well...

Rocket
11-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Cheapshot on Shipley Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5JOn1fAjbg)

Exhibit A

DaHop72
11-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I will hold your BM accountable just like you hold me accountable...goes both ways.

That sounded funny...lol

Chill out, Hop. BM is big enough to defend himself and Rogers has a screenname too..tell him to log on...

As long as BM comes on this board and makes light of the classless crap that went on during the Brownwood game with Snyder, I will continue as well... I don't know that you know enough about BM to hold him accountable as I do you so it doesn't go both ways. If you and BM want to go at it, go ahead he's a big boy too. I don't see why our coach should have to trade barbs with you, it's you with the problem with him, not the other way around. I've stayed away from the Bwood threads from yesterday for this reason, guess I'll leave now and let you continue on in the ways you have chosen.

BEAST
11-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Exhibit A

Hmmm. Did that really just happen? Good grief, the Brownwood folks werent telling fibs after all.

BEAST

Rocket
11-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know that you know enough about BM to hold him accountable as I do you so it doesn't go both ways. If you and BM want to go at it, go ahead he's a big boy too. I don't see why our coach should have to trade barbs with you, it's you with the problem with him, not the other way around. I've stayed away from the Bwood threads from yesterday for this reason, guess I'll leave now and let you continue on in the ways you have chosen.

I guess you missed some of the crap he said about me? Because I like you and think more of you, I will refrain from taking shots at him and Rogers... Let it be known, I am not a fan. With that said, I am done.

Rocket
11-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Hmmm. Did that really just happen? Good grief, the Brownwood folks werent telling fibs after all.

BEAST

Yeah, I think it did...

Z-RO
11-12-2010, 05:20 PM

Exhibit A

Exactly...the proof is in the pudding, but these "haters" don't want to hear it.

And Dahop, while I do think you are a respectable poster you crying foul over a rules violation is just ridiculous. Especially considering the majority of this site knows the mental capacity of yalls head coach. To me he was just stating the obvious.

DaHop72
11-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Exactly...the proof is in the pudding, but these "haters" don't want to hear it.

And Dahop, while I do think you are a respectable poster you crying foul over a rules violation is just ridiculous. Especially considering the majority of this site knows the mental capacity of yalls head coach. To me he was just stating the obvious. :confused: I didn't know I was crying foul over any rules violation, I know Rocket personally so you think you know what this banter is about and trust me, you really don't. I know and Rocket knows and that is all that matters.

bobcat1
11-12-2010, 06:01 PM
I already answered this question. When Jaxon got hit late, the BW coaching staff went crazy, off coarse Shipley started yelling across the field.

This isn't that far out of the norm for a heated HS football game.

What is out of the norm is a coach calling another out onto the field for a confrontation. Ah! Missed that part. Anyway headed to the game. Listen in tonight.;)

Inmateboss
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM

Exhibit A

Holy crap, if that was my son that did that hit, He would think his daddy had done a cracker box full of ****!! The ref should have stopped the game till his butt was on the bus!!!

charlesrixey
11-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
that extra 20-30 points shipley poured on may continue to get talked about if Brownwood was to break the single-season points record
:thinking:

this was never answered and i am still curious. if Brownwood breaks the season scoring record by 2 points, how will this incident look?

Deuce
11-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
this was never answered and i am still curious. if Brownwood breaks the season scoring record by 2 points, how will this incident look?

IMO it doesn't matter after watching those videos. I would have tried to break the record in that game for what IP was doing. When you are obviously trying take out an opposing teams star, you get what you deserve.

Z-RO
11-13-2010, 07:28 PM
:confused: I didn't know I was crying foul over any rules violation, I know Rocket personally so you think you know what this banter is about and trust me, you really don't. I know and Rocket knows and that is all that matters.

3). Do not engage in personal attacks and/or threats. (2 points)