PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg???

jockcity33
11-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Does anybody have any information about Fredericksburg? Can they be successful, how is the administration, facilities, returning players, community support?

I have a friend that is thinking about applying so I am just trying to find out some info.

Thanks in Advance

greendawg84
11-11-2010, 04:47 PM
As a rule they usally have a lot of speed , seem to have a bunch of real good , very respectful kids , they can win but for some reason they just cant get it all together, facility is OK , town seems to be behind all the teams. Dont know about Admin , etc

And they gots lots of great places to eat and drink.

jockcity33
11-11-2010, 04:55 PM
yeah the eating and drinking is about all I know about Fred. and the peaches.

Cam
11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Can't go wrong in the beautiful Hill Country. Fred is nice. I think they love their baseball the most.

Tejastrue
11-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by jockcity33
Does anybody have any information about Fredericksburg? Can they be successful, how is the administration, facilities, returning players, community support?

I have a friend that is thinking about applying so I am just trying to find out some info.

Thanks in Advance

Fredericksburg would be my next choice after where I live now in Wimberley. A place I love to visit. It is a tourist town. People are friendly, hospitable, patriotic and kind, except the kids at the football game taunting with profanity, the opposing football players and band members. Seems to be the norm from the Fred. student section stadium seats. What can you do, kids? The community supports the schools. School ads. support education and the football team is on the cusp of being very competitive again. If you don't mind the mascot being "The Battlin Billies" then I'd say the decision to move there would be a good one. There will always be a few things everyone dislikes about their community. Hope it works out for your friend!! :2thumbsup

dirtysouth
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
They always have some size and speed. The town has great tradition from the community all the way into the school. Yes they do like their baseball but only because it has been more successful recently. They feel that way about track too, they love all their sports and just want to be good in football again!