PDA

View Full Version : Question about playoffs

runtowin
11-11-2010, 10:53 AM
What 3A schools have fully functioning basketball programs while their football team is still playing football?

GrTigers6
11-11-2010, 10:57 AM
We would have for the first time in years. Normally we have two to three starters on the football team. But not this year

runtowin
11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
What schools do not even attempt to begin basketball until football is over for their school?

runtowin
11-11-2010, 03:50 PM
ttt

44INAROW
11-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
What schools do not even attempt to begin basketball until football is over for their school?
we have a new coach so I can't answer for this year.. but in the past, we traditionally don't start hoops until football season is over so basically they'd play their 1st game during a tourney over the Christmas holidays. I think we have a pretty good basketball coach so things may change.. Doesn't LH usually have a good basketball team?

runtowin
11-11-2010, 04:43 PM
yes and somehow none (ok one) of them play football or vice versa. Very strange for 3A IMO.

Ernest T Bass
11-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I dont think Celina makes any attempt until football is over.

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Blasphemous philosophy in any regards.

OldNavy
11-11-2010, 07:28 PM
What is basketball?

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2010, 07:29 PM
We had seperate basketball and football athletic periods. Dual athletes played football until the season was over. Meanwhile, the basketball only guys had real games. When football ended, the dual athletes started attending the basketball athletic period and practices after school.... so pretty much... we played w/o the football guys til their season ended and then they joined us and our numbers went up. At that point, players were re-evaluated as far as who was on jv/varsity, etc.

MesquiteFan
11-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
We had seperate basketball and football athletic periods. Dual athletes played football until the season was over. Meanwhile, the basketball only guys had real games. When football ended, the dual athletes started attending the basketball athletic period and practices after school.... so pretty much... we played w/o the football guys til their season ended and then they joined us and our numbers went up. At that point, players were re-evaluated as far as who was on jv/varsity, etc.

This is what we did. I went to a 5A so we only had a couple of guys come over and usually the guys who had been practicing basketball since school started (like me) had the advantage because we already knew the offense and had good chemistry with the guys there. It usually took 3 or so weeks worth of games to get everyone acclimated and to get our rotation set.