MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
Sanger vs. Celina, Sanger by 2
Lovejoy vs. Dallas Smith, Lovejoy by 38

Dallas Jesuit vs. Rowlett, Dallas Jesuit by 7
Mesquite Horn vs. Copperas Cove, Copperas Cove by 3

cool

It comforts me to see Celina being picked as the underdog... after very soundly winning all their games this year, the last thing they need is to think this the same Sanger they played in years passed.

Pick6
11-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
. after very soundly winning all their games this year

When a coach schedules weak non-district games a good team should win soundly.

3afan
11-11-2010, 10:02 AM
like I've said in the past , anyone who questions Celina's scheduling philosophy doesnt get it ........ they do whats best for THEM, and from their track record Celina is doing it right!

go COVE!

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
When a coach schedules weak non-district games a good team should win soundly. :doh: Recall that until moments before the UIL announced the new realignment that put Celina in 10-3A, we naturally thought we'd be playing Argyle, Prosper, Sanger, Gainsville etc in district, and had already arranged most of the non-district... when we got put in 5 team district it opened up 2 weeks and we stuck Pilot Point (2A state champ and oldest rivalry) in there, and I think Lake Worth.
OK, that's the last time I will ever address that subject, a waste of time.

MesquiteFan
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Sanger vs. Celina, Sanger by 2
Lovejoy vs. Dallas Smith, Lovejoy by 38

Dallas Jesuit vs. Rowlett, Dallas Jesuit by 7
Mesquite Horn vs. Copperas Cove, Copperas Cove by 3

cool

CC is a great team, but I wouldn't be surprised if Horn wins that one. Remember, Rodney Webb had excellent playoff success with Royse City. He'll have his boys prepared. They are a scrappy bunch..

That's a game I could see going either way.

jason
11-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
CC is a great team, but I wouldn't be surprised if Horn wins that one. Remember, Rodney Webb had excellent playoff success with Royse City. He'll have his boys prepared. They are a scrappy bunch..

That's a game I could see going either way. are you going?

MesquiteFan
11-11-2010, 10:34 AM
like I've said in the past , anyone who questions Celina's scheduling philosophy doesnt get it ........ they do whats best for THEM, and from their track record Celina is doing it right!

go COVE!

Totally agree. Some teams prefer to schedule tough opponents, lose a few close games, and go into the playoffs battle tested with a 8-2, 7-3 type of record and other ones want to schedule games that will boost confidence and go into postseason 10-0.

Both strategies work to some extent and the one Celina employs works wonderfully. So nobody should fault Butch's philosophy. The guy wins titles.

MesquiteFan
11-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by jason
are you going?

No, I'm tied up with work on Friday night. :rolleyes:

I should be getting text updates though.

waterboy
11-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Gilmer will cover that 1 point spread.......and then some...:D

Tin Cup
11-11-2010, 11:22 AM
The only 2 picks I have different are Celina over Sanger and Van Alstyne over Gainesville