PDA

View Full Version : Region IV UPSET ALERT!!! Week 11

R4Editor
11-10-2010, 09:25 PM
UPSET ALERT: Liberty Hill vs. Navarro (Geronimo) at Manor 7:30pm
Prediction: Navarro (Geronimo) 28-21

bulldog82
11-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Not going to happen, LH defended the pass vs Burnet. Even won the game doing it.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by bulldog82
LH defended the pass vs Burnet. Even won the game doing it. ?

SHSBulldog00
11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
?

That's what I was thinking. Don't both run the Slot T.........:confused:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
That's what I was thinking. Don't both run the Slot T.........:confused: yep

bag-o-chips
11-10-2010, 10:38 PM
bulldog may be thinking back when Navarro burned them for 3 td passes in a row totaling 190+ yards.

Purple Rain
11-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Not going to happen, LH defended the pass vs Burnet. Even won the game doing it.

What he means is that Navarro, like Burnet, has a balanced run/pass game. LH defended the pass fairly well against Burnet. In fact, the LH defense scored the go ahead touchdown on an intercepted pass.

SintonFan
11-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Who knows?
I don't see this happening, but stranger things have happened.
Is the LH squad pretty young?

LHPfactory
11-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Who knows?
I don't see this happening, but stranger things have happened.
Is the LH squad pretty young?

They are young, but getting better and learning how to win, especially tight games.

NastySlot
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
bulldog may be thinking back when Navarro burned them for 3 td passes in a row totaling 190+ yards.

is that the game the receiver for the Panther's set a school record for td catches in a game and than the same receiver became the schools all time leader for touchdown passes caught in a season?

NastySlot
11-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Purple Rain
What he means is that Navarro, like Burnet, has a balanced run/pass game. LH defended the pass fairly well against Burnet. In fact, the LH defense scored the go ahead touchdown on an intercepted pass.

i don't think it's very balanced at all but when they do throw it they complete them..at least in the games i've seen.

Super_R
11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by R4Editor

I would definitely be upset if this happened. But, it wont. The LH Defense doesn't get fooled often. If Navarro has to resort to trickery then its over for them.

LH wins!

NastySlot
11-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
I would definitely be upset if this happened. But, it wont. The LH Defense doesn't get fooled often. If Navarro has to resort to trickery then its over for them.

LH wins!

so resorting to a trick play couldn't be away of breaking up a close game?.................old coach I worked with always told me to run your trick plays early.....so guess two thoughts on trick plays...break up a close game and surprise them early.

runtowin
11-11-2010, 11:17 AM
The G-N Panthers are all about trickery. They are also good at passing to pad stats when they clearly have the advantage. They will go for it on almost any 4th down situation. There will be no time for the LH Panthers to breathe easy. This will be an entertaining game and will go to the Panther team that executes the offense the best. Of course, the LH defense will have alot to do with the outcome.

lv2937
11-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Not going to happen, LH defended the pass vs Burnet. Even won the game doing it. lh didnt defend the pass against burnet. had reciveres open all night long. our qb played the worst game he has played all year long. he was pressured some but has been pressured before. he just tryed to hard and made bad passes

runtowin
11-11-2010, 12:27 PM
You are right he choked.

Purple Rain
11-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by lv2937
lh didnt defend the pass against burnet. had reciveres open all night long. our qb played the worst game he has played all year long. he was pressured some but has been pressured before. he just tryed to hard and made bad passes

Pressuring the QB is a big part of defending against the pass. Not only was he pressured "some", he got rocked a couple of times, which certainly could have contributed to some bad decisions/passes.

That game is over, so it is time to support our district opponent and neighboring town during their playoff run.

Super_R
11-11-2010, 01:42 PM
lh didnt defend the pass against burnet. had reciveres open all night long. our qb played the worst game he has played all year long. he was pressured some but has been pressured before. he just tryed to hard and made bad passes

Burnet had 180 yards of total offense. Everything was defended well!!!

Only a jackass would blame it on one kid.

lv2937
11-11-2010, 02:11 PM
i may be a jackass, but the truth is if our qb was on it would not even be a close game. he just had a bad game. our running wasnt that good either. bad play calling in my opion cost us the game. #14 had 6 passes for 69 yards in the first. he wasnt even thrown to in the second half.

LHPfactory
11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
i may be a jackass, but the truth is if our qb was on it would not even be a close game. he just had a bad game. our running wasnt that good either. bad play calling in my opion cost us the game. #14 had 6 passes for 69 yards in the first. he wasnt even thrown to in the second half.

woulda coulda shoulda.... if my aunt had balls.......you know the rest.....:weeping:

hookandladder
11-11-2010, 02:33 PM

Pretty sure you guy's have our ex. OC, if he is even calling the plays.

Super_R
11-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Maybe its your fault ur kid isn't more talented...bad genetics on your part. Or maybe you should lend your all knowing intellect to the coaching staff so they wouldn’t have blown the game with their , according to you, poor play calling.

lv2937
11-11-2010, 03:28 PM
sorry no son playing football.dont tell me have not ever said poor play calling has not cost some team a game .i,ll give lh credit they won. dont think the best team won. lh was the better team that night but i really belive if we played them again ,we would win.wish the hill luck in the play off.

runtowin
11-11-2010, 03:48 PM
You should be giving the LH defense the credit. They shut down most weapons in the district and allowed LH to win the district title even when the offense struggled to put points on the board. In fact, the LH D even scored when needed to put games away (i.e. the district championship vs Burnet). If the LH D holds true to form and the offense can get enough first downs to control the field and clock, they will win the Bi-District Championship too!

bag-o-chips
11-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Navarro was the upset pick!

Super_R
11-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by R4Editor

Damn u R4Editor!:D
Your majic 8 ball still works.:clap:

runtowin
11-13-2010, 08:55 AM