PDA

View Full Version : Ladies at Games

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the ladies get more excitied about what rival or obnoxious fans say at games and the men just get to do all the fightin' or peacemakin' because of it? :D

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 04:21 PM
excuse me, I need to go kick someone's butt...... be back in a little bit :D

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Is it just me, or does it seem like the ladies get more excitied about what rival or obnoxious fans say at games and the men just get to do all the fightin' or peacemakin' because of it? :D

It seems right the opposite on the board!!!:thinking:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
excuse me, I need to go kick someone's butt...... be back in a little bit :D

See! :D---You ladies are way more hostile and competitive than us men any day.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It seems right the opposite on the board!!!:thinking:

LOL--You are probably right, RM.

Louie13
11-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Well dang it----

I would never start an argument I planned on someone else finishing.
:thinking:

When you go to see any game that isn't "your" team, you can understand that the fans are just as loyal, devoted and passionate as you -- so we all need to stay respectful. Guess that's why there is a home side and a visitor side. GOOD FENCES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORS -- so if you're gonna sit on my team's side, BE RESPECTFUL OR BE QUIET!
:nerd:

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the ladies get more excitied about what rival or obnoxious fans say at games :D

And God help them if they say something negative about one of our kids.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Well dang it----

When you go to see any game that isn't "your" team, you can understand that the fans are just as loyal, devoted and passionate as you -- so we all need to stay respectful. Guess that's why there is a home side and a visitor side. GOOD FENCES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORS -- particularly in the heat of the moment.

I agree, Louie, but unfortunately sometimes it seems some folks just can't help making a classless personal comment about a coach or player, and if mama or a wife is sitting close by---look out!, and I'm not saying rightfully so, but you ladies just don't hold back any on anybody when it comes to defending your loved ones from verbal assault. I think men defend their kids too, but just not as heatedly as the ladies do right out of the gate. I think you're right in saying that is best for everyone for such incidents not to happen in the first place.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

I said it in a much more round-about way, AP---I just thought it was better to come from one of you ladies.

ccmom
11-10-2010, 04:49 PM

Amen!! :clap:

I have been told more than once that I remind people of LeAnn Touhy in "The Blindside" when she yells "Hey Deliverance..." to the knuckle head in the stands. :D

Old Tiger
11-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the ladies get more excitied about what rival or obnoxious fans say at games and the men just get to do all the fightin' or peacemakin' because of it? :D I like what the ladies at the Utah Utes do during games :D

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Amen!! :clap:

I have been told more than once that I remind people of LeAnn Touhy in "The Blindside" when she yells "Hey Deliverance..." to the knuckle head in the stands. :D

LOL--I can just see that, ccmom...:D

Louie13
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I agree, Louie, but unfortunately sometimes it seems some folks just can't help making a classless personal comment about a coach or player, and if mama or a wife is sitting close by---look out!, and I'm not saying rightfully so, but you ladies just don't hold back any on anybody when it comes to defending your loved ones from verbal assault. I think men defend their kids too, but just not as heatedly as the ladies do right out of the gate. I think you're right in saying that is best for everyone for such incidents not to happen in the first place.

You are absolutely right. We sometimes forget "its a small world" and those ears near us belong to the DL's mom, etc.
Guess we are too used to criticizing those prof players on TV and we forget our manners! Don't mess with baby bear! Momma bear will tear you up!

Hornet Mom 2
11-10-2010, 05:03 PM

Men do, in "manly" ways. Several years ago, my husband was coaching my oldest son's little dribblers team. They were 7th graders, and we had THE SHORTEST team in the league. But dang they were fast! They wore the other teams out running up and down the court, and were undefeated that season.

Anyway, back to the manly part. We met up with the other undefeated team of course, in the last game of the season. The other coach was beyond pissed b'c our kids were hustling the you know what outta his team. They were bent over, hands on their knees, couldn't catch their breath tired by the 3rd quarter. Other coach throws a fit on the court about a call, then gets called for a technical. Hubby tells son to shoot. He missed the first shot - other coach yells, "Yeah, you picked the right man for the job."

Oh hell, it was on. The men got manly and yea, it got ugly. Amazingly neither of them were ejected and the police were not called, thanks to the wives running on the court and calming things down.

My husband would usually call the dogs off if we were up by 15 or more, but we won that game by 33 points. The men have not spoken since. My son is 20 now and is still good friends with the other son...LOL!

As any mama will tell you, you can mess with me all you want, but dont mess with my child. ANYONE will defend their kids, but yes, mama's usually jump much quicker!

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 05:10 PM
And in general, you ladies seem to trade barbs in subtle, yet effective, ways for long periods of time. Is this what is known as "catty" behavior? Two men would have duked it out, shook hands, and gone to have a beer while you ladies are still trading zingers.

Inmateboss
11-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Well dang it----

When you go to see any game that isn't "your" team, you can understand that the fans are just as loyal, devoted and passionate as you -- so we all need to stay respectful. Guess that's why there is a home side and a visitor side. GOOD FENCES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORS -- so if you're gonna sit on my team's side, BE RESPECTFUL OR BE QUIET!

Man, you and my mom would get along great!!! As she puts it " I'm old enough that I can say anything I want!!! You can talk about the team as a whole but if you single out one player and bad mouth him, well your gonna be better off to just go ahead and move or leave the game!!

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2010, 10:16 PM
It will be ON! :redxpoke:

BullsFan
11-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Some of the men I sit with just don't hear period. Deaf men take very little offense to anything said around them. :D :D

SintonFan
11-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I think men defend their kids too, but just not as heatedly as the ladies do right out of the gate. I think you're right in saying that is best for everyone for such incidents not to happen in the first place.

I think MEN are born when they have to defend themselves. Dad's understand that...:thinking: :)

IHStangFan
11-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It seems right the opposite on the board!!!:thinking: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/RCG.jpg

:D

SintonFan
11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/RCG.jpg

:D

lol
LOL!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

buckeyebob
11-11-2010, 06:17 AM

My wife says that I always make classless personal comments...I just tell the truth ...and sometimes the devil makes me do it.

AP Panther Fan
11-11-2010, 10:07 AM
And in general, you ladies seem to trade barbs in subtle, yet effective, ways for long periods of time. Is this what is known as "catty" behavior? Two men would have duked it out, shook hands, and gone to have a beer while you ladies are still trading zingers.

LOL...this post reminded me of Bandera YaYa.

We have our ways of dealing with things and achieving the desired outcome...sometimes subtle, sometimes not, but typically always effective...you are observant Bullaholic.:D

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2010, 10:38 AM
From 12 years of experience running the local youth league football/baseball/basketball programs,
You will hear it from the mommas infinitely more than the dads.

The dads are too busy coaching thier kids from the stands.