PDA

View Full Version : Harris Rating Picks for 3A Div. I (1st Round)

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
3A DIVISION I PLAYOFF PAIRINGS

REGION I
(3-6) Pampa vs. (24) Lub. Cooper (7-3)
(4-6) Mountain View vs. (31) Andrews (7-3)
(4-6) Abl. Wylie (18) vs. Burkburnett (3-7)
(6-4) Mineral Wells vs. (14) Alvarado (9-1)
REGION II
(9-1) Sanger vs. (17) Celina (10-0)
(9-1) Lucas Lovejoy (NL) vs. Ds. Smith (6-4)
(2-8) North Forney vs. (NL) Lindale (7-3)
(6-4) North Lamar vs. (21) Henderson (8-2)
REGION III
(9-1) Chapel Hill (25) vs. Center (5-5)
(5-5) Gatesville vs. (2) Madisonville (5-5)
(6-4) Silsbee vs. (6) Huffman (8-2)
(8-2) Navasota vs. (1) Sealy (9-1)
REGION IV
(8-2) Burnet (17) vs. Canyon Lake (5-5)
(8-2) Somerset vs. (7) La Vernia (5-5)
(9-1) West Columbia vs. (3) Sinton* (10-0)
(4-6) C.C. Miller* (13) vs. Zapata (5-5)

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
3A DIVISION I PLAYOFF PAIRINGS

REGION I
(3-6) Pampa vs. (24) Lub. Cooper (7-3)
(4-6) Mountain View vs. (31) Andrews (7-3)
(4-6) Abl. Wylie (18) vs. Burkburnett (3-7)
(6-4) Mineral Wells vs. (14) Alvarado (9-1)
REGION II
(9-1) Sanger vs. (17) Celina (10-0)
(2-8) North Forney vs. (NL) Lindale (7-3)
(6-4) North Lamar vs. (21) Henderson (8-2)
REGION III
(9-1) Chapel Hill (25) vs. Center (5-5)
(5-5) Gatesville vs. (2) Madisonville (5-5)
(6-4) Silsbee vs. (6) Huffman (8-2)
(8-2) Navasota vs. (1) Sealy (9-1)
REGION IV
(8-2) Burnet (17) vs. Canyon Lake (5-5)
(8-2) Somerset vs. (7) La Vernia (5-5)
(9-1) West Columbia vs. (3) Sinton* (10-0)
(4-6) C.C. Miller* (13) vs. Zapata (5-5)

Am I missing where his "picks" are??

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Am I missing where his "picks" are?? His picks are in the (_) on the side of the team he favors.

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 02:46 PM
The number in parenthesis is the spread. Sanger 17 pt underdog to Celina for instance.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:46 PM

The number between the brackets () next to the team name is an indicator of how many points that team is favored over the other.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
His picks are in the (_) on the side of the team he favors.

Gotcha!!!

So what are the asterisks on the bottom 2 teams??

baseballcoach13
11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I think they mean that team is playing at their home stadium.

Or am i wrong again?

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Gotcha!!!

So what are the asterisks on the bottom 2 teams??

It means those teams "backed" into the playoffs.....:D

Actually, I'm going to guess that those are typos as the * is located right next to the ( on the keyboard....maybe so, maybe no...

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for not making fun of my "mom-like" questions!!

After all the time on this board, I am STILL learning!!:D :D

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
I think they mean that team is playing at their home stadium.

Or am i wrong again?
that would be my guess - not that you're wrong but they are playing at their home stadium :D

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
* determines which team is the home team. If there is no asterick, then that information was not known when the picks were made.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks for not making fun of my "mom-like" questions!!

After all the time on this board, I am STILL learning!!:D :D

Not bad for a "jack wagon"...:D

Rocket
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
The number in parenthesis is the spread. Sanger 17 pt underdog to Celina for instance.

17? That's it? LOL weak...

Ranger354
11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Actually, I'm going to guess that those are typos as the * is located right next to the ( on the keyboard....maybe so, maybe no...

It means Sinton and CC Miller are playing on their Home fields.

Sinton didn't BACK in to anything..........

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354

Jeez - Bull - seems you stepped on a toe or two :D

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 03:07 PM

I knew somebody would call me out on that one----and the honest explanation is I didn't really notice which teams had asterisks, I was just attempting to make a funny based on something somebody said about Wylie in another thread and applied it here for the hopeful amusement of those whose caught the reference. No shots were meant for anyone. Most oldtime Sinton posters know that I have supported Sinton in the past with well wishes and have made several tongue-in-cheek posts about Sinton being the Rodney Dangerfield of Region IV. I will wish Sinton Good Luck again this season in D1.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Jeez - Bull - seems you stepped on a toe or two :D He stepped on the whole foot :)

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I knew somebody would call me out on that one----and the honest explanation is I didn't really notice which teams had asterisks, I was just attempting to make a funny

seems alot of folks are "sensitive" today.. maybe it's the weather? Life's too short to be so freaking up-tight folks.. :doh: double standards and all.. jeez... :p ;)
on a separate note: Currently Active Users: 140 @ 2:12 pm :) I'll admit it - I'm goofing off - how about you?

Green Bling
11-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Gobbler Faithful, there'll be the famous stew at Booster Club tonight. Bet it would rate #1 on Harris! Mr. Bling left some time ago to help chop up stuff. :clap:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
seems alot of folks are "sensitive" today.. maybe it's the weather? Life's too short to be so freaking up-tight folks.. :doh: double standards and all.. jeez... :p ;)
on a separate note: Currently Active Users: 140 @ 2:12 pm :) I'll admit it - I'm goofing off - how about you?

Some folks just got their "playoff" faces on, 44'....:D
I don't think everything is a joke 44', but I know I would whole lot more like to laugh than cry, and sure hope that most folks will feel the same way.

Charlie47
11-10-2010, 03:32 PM

The NL, means what?
Thank-you.
:confused: ;)

firstdown
11-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47

The NL, means what?
Thank-you.

no love :D

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 03:37 PM

The NL, means what?
Thank-you.
:confused: ;) No Line for the game.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-10-2010, 03:40 PM

The NL, means what?
Thank-you.

Kinda like the Tyson/Douglas fight.....no line/odds at 41-1-no bets taken.......Tyson was suppose to stomp that Arse........as are yall.:eek: ....woooops.....:eek:

Charlie47
11-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
no love :D

I certainly understand that feeling. No love and No respect.
Lovejoy fully understands that! Thanks!;)

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I knew somebody would call me out on that one----and the honest explanation is I didn't really notice which teams had asterisks, I was just attempting to make a funny based on something somebody said about Wylie in another thread and applied it here for the hopeful amusement of those whose caught the reference. No shots were meant for anyone. Most oldtime Sinton posters know that I have supported Sinton in the past with well wishes and have made several tongue-in-cheek posts about Sinton being the Rodney Dangerfield of Region IV. I will wish Sinton Good Luck again this season in D1.

Darn!! When I read that I meant to post...."No, that can't be it, there isn't an asterick by Abilene Wylie"....and then the phone rang and I was forced to get to work.

I actually KNEW what you were referring to....YAY ME!!!:D :D

And I agree with the "sensitivity" on here....sometimes I forget I am actually posting on a forum that is predominately made up of "men!!":eek:

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
17? That's it? LOL weak...
:doh: Which is it? In some posts you say Sanger is going to kick our butt, now that we're 'officially' favored by 17 you say, 'that's it?'...

ccmom
11-10-2010, 04:19 PM

I caught it and I didn't find it amusing in the least!:mad:

Wanna fight??? :devil: :thinking:

:p

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I caught it and I didn't find it amusing in the least!:mad:

Wanna fight??? :devil: :thinking:

:p

LOL. Well, knock me down with a feather--you actually replied to one of my posts. I'll have to make you mad more often, ccmom....:D

I gave up fightin' with the ladies years ago, ccmom---I've learned that descretion is the better part of valor in 40 years of marriage...:D

partimefan
11-10-2010, 04:31 PM
:doh: Which is it? In some posts you say Sanger is going to kick our butt, now that we're 'officially' favored by 17 you say, 'that's it?'...

Now that you are "officially" favored, I guess you should go ahead and get ready for Lovejoy. Heck, maybe you should get some film on Chapel Hill?

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by partimefan
Now that you are "officially" favored, I guess you should go ahead and get ready for Lovejoy. Heck, maybe you should get some film on Chapel Hill? In John Wayne's words from Big Jake. "Not Hardly"

BLACK ATTACK
11-10-2010, 04:48 PM

:bigcry:

ccmom
11-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Whatever...:rolleyes: :hand: :bigcry:

Charlie47
11-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Whatever...:rolleyes: :hand: :bigcry:

Lady I've always been for Abilene Wylie, what is your problem?
Please get the broom out of your rear, you're supposed to ride it!
:hand: ;)

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 05:16 PM
:hand: ;) :1popcorn:

ccmom
11-10-2010, 06:20 PM
:hand: ;)

I happen to think that playing the Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect" routine is ridiculous when you your team is ranked #7 in the state. Cry me a river, Chuck. :rolleyes:

I'm really not interested in a back and forth with you. You have proven in the past that you can't hang with me and so it's really not much fun at all.

:devil:

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I happen to think that playing the Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect" routine is ridiculous when you your team is ranked #7 in the state. Cry me a river, Chuck. :rolleyes:

I'm really not interested in a back and forth with you. You have proven in the past that you can't hang with me and so it's really not much fun at all.

:devil: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Rocket
11-10-2010, 07:05 PM

If Celina is a bunch of world beaters (which they aren't), I would think they would be favored by at least 21..all the big dogs are favored by 38 and up... WEAK!

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
If Celina is a bunch of world beaters (which they aren't), I would think they would be favored by at least 21..all the big dogs are favored by 38 and up... WEAK!

Brownwood got the right draw this week and you know it, and that is the only reason for the +38. Don't worry, Rocket that ain't going to last forever.

SintonFan
11-10-2010, 07:14 PM

:tongue: :tongue: :D

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by partimefan
Now that you are "officially" favored, I guess you should go ahead and get ready for Lovejoy. Heck, maybe you should get some film on Chapel Hill?
I put 'officially' in quotations to indicate it wasn't my statement... as I have stated here many times recently, I don't think rankings, Harris ratings or any other computer-based 'picking' systems have any validity for HS programs. So, easy partimer ;)

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Please point to even 1 post by any Celina supporter, where they say anything close to indicating they feel the 2010 are 'a bunch of world beaters'.
Which BIG DOGS are you referring to... there is only ONE other match up of a 10-0 v 9-1 team in the 1st round in DI or DII, and that's Sinton v W Columbus and the line is 3.
I don't mean to disrespect the other teams in the draw with BW, but 1 look at Celina's will tell you the Bobcats have a much tougher task ahead than the Lions.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 08:05 PM
If Celina is a bunch of world beaters (which they aren't), I would think they would be favored by at least 21..all the big dogs are favored by 38 and up... WEAK! It's coming Rocket so shout in your megaphone and shake them pom poms. Will you be in attendance this week?

neck_06
11-10-2010, 08:09 PM

This little fella is feisty!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
This little fella is feisty! :D

IHStangFan
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
If Celina is a bunch of world beaters (which they aren't), I would think they would be favored by at least 21..all the big dogs are favored by 38 and up... WEAK! They didn't draw a "sacrificial lamb" in the 1st round like Brownwood. Lines and stats mean exactly jack squat. ;)

sinton66
11-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey Sinton folks, don't get on Bullaholic, he didn't mean it as a dig. We Maroon peeps gotta stick together. GO BULLS!;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hey Sinton folks, don't get on Bullaholic, he didn't mean it as a dig. We Maroon peeps gotta stick together. GO BULLS!;) i used the :) icon

:)

sinton66
11-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i used the :) icon

:)

LOL, I knew you didn't take offense.;) (Just didn't want to single anyone out.):D

Charlie47
11-10-2010, 08:35 PM

:devil:

I think I stated it quite correctly the 1st time. Since there will not be any
back and forth, I thought I'd state things as they are!:hand: :hand: ;)

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
It's coming Rocket so shout in your megaphone and shake them pom poms. Will you be in attendance this week? Will he look like this bobcat?
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/horntooter.jpg

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Will he look like this bobcat?
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/horntooter.jpg Zactly! Except a maroon thing in his mouth.

ccmom
11-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I think I stated it quite correctly the 1st time. Since there will not be any
back and forth, I thought I'd state things as they are!:hand: :hand: ;) My apologies... I thought this was the Charlie who got his feelings hurt back in September and said he was gonna quit posting. Oh wait, he did quit posting until about 10 minutes after his team shut out Wylie. :rolleyes: Now I remember.

So you win, Chuck...I'll play. Please tell us all about your poor disrespected, #7 ranked team. :rolleyes:

SintonFan
11-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LOL, I knew you didn't take offense.;) (Just didn't want to single anyone out.):D

Well Crap! Now I can't respond...:D

BwdLion73
11-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
They didn't draw a "sacrificial lamb" in the 1st round like Brownwood. Lines and stats mean exactly jack squat. ;)

There all "sacrificial lambs" to us.
;) :D :D :D :devil:

Charlie47
11-10-2010, 09:59 PM
My apologies... I thought this was the Charlie who got his feelings hurt back in September and said he was gonna quit posting. Oh wait, he did quit posting until about 10 minutes after his team shut out Wylie. :rolleyes: Now I remember.

So you win, Chuck...I'll play. Please tell us all about your poor disrespected, #7 ranked team. :rolleyes:

Sorry, no back and forth!:hand: ;)

IHStangFan
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
There all "sacrificial lambs" to us.
;) :D :D :D :devil: Been drinkin Rocket's strychnine laced Koolaid too eh?

BwdLion73
11-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Been drinkin Rocket's strychnine laced Koolaid too eh?

Nope, Just drinkin a bourbon and coke and trying to be cute. ;)