PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Suffers a Permanent Loss

wimbo_pro
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
*EDITED* left Wimberley High School as a student, unenrolled and obviously will not be on the field. This event had to do with the coaches taking action on an alleged criminal act that came to their attention (theft), and it involved ***** and another player (the alleged victim). It was the coaches who called law enforcement. I am told there was an arrest involved, but I cannot prove that right here, right now.

I want to take my hat off to the coaches. I would bet they could have swept this under the carpet, if they chose to do so. It needs to be known that no matter your importance as a player, there are rules and there are expectations of each player...and you won't get a break just because you might be a star.

Regarding what this does to our chances in the play-offs....I don't care. We will be fine.

rholl
11-10-2010, 01:12 PM
If thats how the deal went down my hats is off to the coaches there!! My kind of coaches right there!!!!!!!

hollywood
11-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Wow, hate to hear that. It's a blow to moral but can be used as motivation for the team and community to pull together.

Good luck to the Wimberley community and football team in the playoffs.

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
**EDITED** left Wimberley High School as a student, unenrolled and obviously will not be on the field. This event had to do with the coaches taking action on an alleged criminal act that came to their attention (theft), and it involved ***** and another player (the alleged victim). It was the coaches who called law enforcement. I am told there was an arrest involved, but I cannot prove that right here, right now.

I want to take my hat off to the coaches. I would bet they could have swept this under the carpet, if they chose to do so. It needs to be known that no matter your importance as a player, there are rules and there are expectations of each player...and you won't get a break just because you might be a star.

Regarding what this does to our chances in the play-offs....I don't care. We will be fine.
Wimberley will be fine without **EDITED**. One man doesnt make a team. I like what Wimberley has down there this year.

LionFan72
11-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Courageous and spot on decision by Coach. Hate to hear that the young man had a lapse in judgement, tragic for him, he is a fine athlete. As I stated last year, Wimberley is a class act, and this just furthers proves my observations. Pick up the pieces, and let's replay Cove! Best wishes for the young man, the town, and the School!

Too many times the "stars" think they are above the rest of world, and then get grounded!

Ernest T Bass
11-10-2010, 01:26 PM
He's got a home here if he wants it!!!

Just kidding. Kudos to Coach Nelms and his staff. He's been around long enough to know that this is the right call. A kid who will steal from his teammates obviously can't be depended on.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: to the Coach.

Tejastrue
11-10-2010, 01:35 PM
wimbo_pro,

Say it isn't so!! Is this wise to put this out so quick. Do we really have all the facts? He was just cleared to play next week. Way too stange!! :weeping: :weeping:

rojosgirl
11-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Good call by Coach Nelms. :clap:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Another "no winners" situation here. I am sorry for the Wimberley players and for this young man. I wish him well and hope he finds a wise "big brother" who has been there like a mature Ray Lewis to take him under their care.

SintonFan
11-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
wimbo_pro,

Say it isn't so!! Is this wise to put this out so quick. Do we really have all the facts? He was just cleared to play next week. Way too stange!! :weeping: :weeping:

:confused:

LHPfactory
11-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Hate to hear that , One thing I noticed about him last year is that he was a great sport even when the Texans lost to LH...Never lost his cool and had alot of class during the loss...Hate to hear it

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
wimbo_pro,

I absolutely agree with you. I don't think this thread is very appropriate for all involved.:evil:

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
He's got a home here if he wants it!!!

ETB - when did you move to La Vega? :D

Ernest T Bass
11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ETB - when did you move to La Vega? :D

Now that's funny!
We've got thieves too, but none of them are any good.

ronwx5x
11-10-2010, 02:09 PM
So if he left school and "unenrolled" how is he cleared to play? Sounds like more rumor than fact from all parties. I would certainly applaud Coach Nelms if it proves to be true but the actual facts should be available prior to naming names and stating "facts". JMHO.

Tejastrue
11-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Moderator. Don't you think this thread needs to be pulled at least until this story has been confirmed and a statement is released by the school?

theville
11-10-2010, 02:13 PM
How come he can say the kids name that left the team from Wimbo?

I got jumped when I mentioned our RB left from Stephenville?

:eek: Just sounds like a double standard. Not mad. Just curious.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 02:14 PM
I am going to edit out that names on this thread....or else I will have to move it off the board.

Green Bling
11-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Sad, sad story! Gotta hand it to the staff for doing the right thing. I know this is a big disappointment for Wimberley, but the Texans will continue to do well. Best wishes for the team and staff.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am going to edit out that names on this thread....or else I will have to move it off the board.

You missed 1.....

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Quit sensorin me you jack wagon! :kiss:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You missed 1.....

nm--I was too quick....

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by theville

I do have a lunch hour, ya know!!!

I "moderated" as soon as I got back though.

Some of you people don't understand that we can't be on here looking at these threads 24/7.

Double Standard!!:hand: :hand:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Quit sensorin me you jack wagon! :kiss:

You're gonna get licks....:D

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 02:19 PM
You're gonna get licks....:D
Yep, thats what ima fishin for, licks :clap:

BEAST
11-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Hats off to Nelms.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
good job Nelms,

Now I wonder what ATMU will do? I know an Oral commitment isn't formal but there is mutual agreements.

rojosgirl
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey 44 - I just thought about LaVega too. That whole thing still makes me SO mad! :mad:

NastySlot
11-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
good job Nelms,

Now I wonder what ATMU will do? I know an Oral commitment isn't formal but there is mutual agreements.

his oral commitment is for next seasons recruiting class a lot can happen between now and than.

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Some of you people don't understand that we can't be on here looking at these threads 24/7.

So this site is not monitored during the noon hour. :devil:

theville
11-10-2010, 02:25 PM

I was just curious. Not mad at all.

NastySlot
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions

thats when all hell can break lose....sorta like that scene in Hot Rod when the riot breaks out.....but come 1:00.........it's back to Camelot.

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 02:31 PM
I was just curious. Not mad at all.
you made an accusation of having a double standard.. some folks take offense to that.. Next time you have a problem with a thread - send a PM to a specific Moderator or report the post - that's the fastest way to get attention to it. I should have edited it since I even posted a reply (then I got busy and by the time I re-read the thread and saw APPF's comment and I thought 'hhmm - maybe we need to edit to be safe' and before I could do it, Ranger Mom did it :)

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:33 PM
you made an accusation of having a double standard.. some folks take offense to that.. Next time you have a problem with a thread - send a PM to a specific Moderator or report the post - that's the fastest way to get attention to it. I should have edited it since I even posted a reply -

Were you at lunch, 44'....:D

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Were you at lunch, 44'....:D
yep - Monday's pork chops - they were GOOD :)

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 02:38 PM

I wasn't "at lunch" I was just on my lunch hour....I never get to eat lunch on my lunch hour, too many errands to run!!:p

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Thanks RM and 44inarow. You missed one name in the first post below where it was edited.

:)

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Instead of midnight being the "witching hour" I think noon on the DownLow will make midnight seem like nap time at daycare. It could get ugly.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks RM and 44inarow. You missed one name in the first post below where it was edited.

:)

I'm not 100% sure I know what you are talking about, but I just did go back and edited 2 more things...will you check and see if they are what you were referring to??

Thanks!!

TexanAlum_06
11-10-2010, 02:54 PM
You can't fix stupid

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm not 100% sure I know what you are talking about, but I just did go back and edited 2 more things...will you check and see if they are what you were referring to??

Thanks!!

Yes ma'am, you got it.:)

Sweetwater Red
11-10-2010, 03:03 PM

I ate a McRib. That's almost like eating real pork isn't it? :confused: :D

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
"almost" like real pork ;) :p

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Those are from boneless pigs. Do you know what kind of chemicals and additives have to be injected into a piglet to get those bones to disenegrate? I dont but they cant be good for you.

44INAROW
11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Those are from boneless pigs. Do you know what kind of chemicals and additives have to be injected into a piglet to get those bones to disenegrate? I dont but they cant be good for you.
Oh My Goodness - if G2 won't it eat - it's gotta be bad :D
\
I am ROFL - Micheal Jackson's "Beat It" is playing and I am listening to that and watching G2's avatar dancing - too funny...:D

Rocket
11-10-2010, 03:09 PM

And liquid cheese over fried chips is the secret to long life...

Rocket
11-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Double Standards run rampant on this board, ville...

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
And liquid cheese over fried chips is the secret to long life...
Yes it is as long as you wash it all down with a 40 oz crusher (Milwaukees Best)

Old LB
11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Yes it is as long as you wash it all down with a 40 oz crusher (Milwaukees Best)

C'mon G, Milwaukees Best?:doh:

Tejastrue
11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
How did we get on the topic of artery hardening foods? We'll I guess it's about as dumbfounding as the thread that started all of this. :blahblah: :dispntd: :sleeping:

I vote to pull them all!! Moderator, show some mercy!! :bigcry: :bigcry:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Double Standards run rampant on this board, ville...

And you thought you caught "grief" before....May you be thankful for that which you are about to receive...:D

Emerson1
11-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Thug

gold_33
11-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Just plain dumb......nothing else but dumb!!

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I try really hard to be fair on here.

I don't know if it can be considered a "double standard" or just several different personalities interpreting one post in six different ways.

If I'm not doing what I should be here, maybe it's time I turned in my "moderating" hat and just became a regular poster again!!

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
How did we get on the topic of artery hardening foods? We'll I guess it's about as dumbfounding as the thread that started all of this. :blahblah: :dispntd: :sleeping:

I vote to pull them all!! Moderator, show some mercy!! :bigcry: :bigcry:
My vote canceled yours out so it looks like its stayin.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 03:46 PM
My vote canceled yours out so it looks like its stayin. And I voted with G! You're stuck.

Tejastrue
11-10-2010, 03:49 PM
My vote canceled yours out so it looks like its stayin.

Can you say conspiracy? :1offtopc:

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Can you say conspiracy? :1offtopc:

We mods get accused of that too!!;)

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 03:52 PM
G2 swam 14 miles thru shark-infested Mexican waters just to have a shot at boarding that crippled cruise ship and get to eat all the spam and pop-tarts he wanted for 2 days....:D

rojosgirl
11-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Yum-o! Spam & poptarts. :eek:

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 03:59 PM
G2 swam 14 miles thru shark-infested Mexican waters just to have a shot at boarding that crippled cruise ship and get to eat all the spam and pop-tarts he wanted for 2 days....:D
Haha, thats right, and im doin it again this March!

pirate4state
11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
I try really hard to be fair on here.

I don't know if it can be considered a "double standard" or just several different personalities interpreting one post in six different ways.

If I'm not doing what I should be here, maybe it's time I turned in my "moderating" hat and just became a regular poster again!!

Copy cat :p :kiss:

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Copy cat :p :kiss:

I wanna be just like you!!:p

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I wanna be just like you!!:p :thinking: :smoker: :smoker: :eek: :D

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :smoker: :smoker: :eek: :D

http://img.madam.eu/img/smiles/SmileyGiggle.gif

warhorsejoe
11-10-2010, 04:21 PM
1st CLASS COACH and a 1st CLASS TEAM!!!

See you next week.

rb585
11-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Honestly, it's about time the coaches did something.

To my knowledge, this is the worst thing he has done, but he has had numerous other problems that the coaches ignored.

runtowin
11-10-2010, 04:29 PM
would this be a currently injured player or someone who has been contributing over the last few weeks?

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I wanna be just like you!!:p

On any other day maybe, but today? nah.....

cough*dentist*cough

Ranger Mom
11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
On any other day maybe, but today? nah.....

cough*dentist*cough

Doesn't she have any god drugs???

Gobbler Fan
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
would this be a currently injured player or someone who has been contributing over the last few weeks?

Only one player from Wimberley is committed to A&M ... no hard to figue out who it is :doh:

banderafan
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
With distractions like this, plus all the injuries, you have to be impressed with the way Wimberley has held it all together for a 10-0 season so far.

SintonFan
11-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :smoker: :smoker: :eek: :D

lol
:evillol:

Inmateboss
11-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions

Thats what I'm talking about,Lol. Thats good stuff right there!:D

sinton66
11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
thats when all hell can break lose....sorta like that scene in Hot Rod when the riot breaks out.....but come 1:00.........it's back to Camelot.

Yeah, but when it's in print and yall CAN'T edit it...................when we get back.............;)

pirate4state
11-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Doesn't she have any god drugs???

yeah, they are so good I thought I had replied to this! lol

i've been taking my meds, as prescribed :)

Tejastrue
11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
*EDITED* left Wimberley High School as a student, unenrolled and obviously will not be on the field. This event had to do with the coaches taking action on an alleged criminal act that came to their attention (theft), and it involved ***** and another player (the alleged victim). It was the coaches who called law enforcement. I am told there was an arrest involved, but I cannot prove that right here, right now.

wimbo_pro, I myself being from Wimberley would appreciate a follow up to this post. Not heard from you since you posted today just after noon. Realize you may not have been able to respond just yet. I question your decision to share the alleged event. I have a child who attends the high school and no, there were no rumors or gossip spreading like wildfire throughout the school today. If the allegations are true, I don't believe it was meant to be publicly discussed, at least not yet. Definitely not in this manner. Something just not right about the whole thing.

On second thought, forget about any reply. I'm contradicting what I just said about discussing this sort of thing in this manner. It all makes me sick to my stomach.

bulldog82
11-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I have the scoop but don't want to be run thru the wringer, but some truth to story just not all that bad , all things considered, just a bad choice in judgement on his part with his promising future.

bag-o-chips
11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Is it just me or does wimbo like to spew crap w/o disclosing facts or truths? He did this in another thread then went silent when asked for proof. Just an observation. I really think this one and the manner it was posted was wrong but then again what do I know?

injuredinmelee
11-10-2010, 10:38 PM
this could really ruin my brackets... :(

bulldog82
11-10-2010, 10:47 PM
There was something to report and he is out for playoffs. do not think Nelms was out to make himself look good, probly told the boy to get it out and face the consequences.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm closing this FOR NOW...just because.

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 01:04 AM
I have been traveling today...I apologize for the delay. I understand why they closed the thread. I think I should respond to some of the posts.

This event happened, it involved law enforcement and it is documented. TejasTrue....with all due respect, for someone from Wimberley to say their child didnt hear about this at the high school today tells me you should question what your child tells you regarding what is going on at school. It wasnt rumor. It happened. If your child is saying they didnt hear about it...well...I dont know what to say about that.

He is no longer a student at WHS. This is a fact, as of today. Might that change? I dont know. But the fact is, he left the enrollment as of today..turned in books, supplies, etc. THAT should make you sick to your stomach, not the fact that I posted it when it became fact.

Bag-o-chips...you'll get over it.

ccmom
11-11-2010, 01:11 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: For the post, but what an unfortunate situation for all. :(
Best of luck to the Texans as they move forward. :clap:

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: For the post, but what an unfortunate situation for all. :(
Best of luck to the Texans as they move forward. :clap:

We will be fine, thanks for your comment!

bulldog82
11-11-2010, 01:45 AM
my sources say 3 months AEP, still a school, no charges.

Looking4number8
11-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
Is it just me or does wimbo like to spew crap w/o disclosing facts or truths? He did this in another thread then went silent when asked for proof. Just an observation. I really think this one and the manner it was posted was wrong but then again what do I know?

It's just you. In the past few months with all the Brownwood bashing I have gotten gripey and there are a whole lot of posters I just dont like anymore. Wimpy is NOT one of those posters.

Wimpy you are a class act and I believe this to all be 100% true or I do not believe you would have posted it.

Good luck to your team in the playoffs. Hope we both make it to the finals.. my team needs a little revenge against your team

Sweetwater Red
11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
It's just you. In the past few months with all the Brownwood bashing I have gotten gripey and there are a whole lot of posters I just dont like anymore.

:bigcry: :thinking: :devil:

pirate4state
11-11-2010, 08:17 AM
My only problem with this is that the alleged offender is/was a student. I've never been okay with airing out this kind of "news" on this message board. This is not the spirit in which it was formed, but that's just MY opinion.

Even if it is fact it doesn't belong on here. I've never understood why "we" would need to know about this? I know that in this day and age, it was bound to be "out there", but maybe not? The fact that wimbo posted, makes it seem like he wanted to do damage control.

Hopefully this young man will learn a very hard life lesson.

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM
My only problem with this is that the alleged offender is/was a student. I've never been okay with airing out this kind of "news" on this message board. This is not the spirit in which it was formed, but that's just MY opinion.

Even if it is fact it doesn't belong on here. I've never understood why "we" would need to know about this? I know that in this day and age, it was bound to be "out there", but maybe not? The fact that wimbo posted, makes it seem like he wanted to do damage control.

Hopefully this young man will learn a very hard life lesson.

I hope you're right, Pirate. He really is a good kid at heart. I hate to see things like this happen at this age to any kid...like me at that age, they think they know what is what and that is that. Man o man, what I would give have it to do over again, right?

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by bulldog82
my sources say 3 months AEP, still a school, no charges.

There are indeed efforts going on to get it turned around...I hope they are successful, not for football reasons, but for his own future. It wasnt the school officials who made the decision for his departure.

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
It's just you. In the past few months with all the Brownwood bashing I have gotten gripey and there are a whole lot of posters I just dont like anymore. Wimpy is NOT one of those posters.

Wimpy you are a class act and I believe this to all be 100% true or I do not believe you would have posted it.

Good luck to your team in the playoffs. Hope we both make it to the finals.. my team needs a little revenge against your team

Thanks Looking. Good luck to your boys! We still plan on meeting you, if you make it that far!!!!

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 09:15 AM
The fact that wimbo posted, makes it seem like he wanted to do damage control.

You could of hit on some truth there Pirate. There were some other rumors going around of something much worse, and I did indeed have a bit of concern that those untrue and much more harmful rumors would have hit first.

rojosgirl
11-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Lots of opinions about this issue floating around out there. Bad timing, yes. But then again, there never is a good time for problems like this. On every level there are those who think they are above the rules - high school ,college and pros. These young men need some guidance. Sometimes coaches and athletics can help, but sometimes not.
No, I like many, don't know all of the facts regarding this incident. It is unfortunate and I wish Wimberley the strength and courage to fight through this.

Tejastrue
11-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I have been traveling today...I apologize for the delay. I understand why they closed the thread. I think I should respond to some of the posts.

This event happened, it involved law enforcement and it is documented. TejasTrue....with all due respect, for someone from Wimberley to say their child didnt hear about this at the high school today tells me you should question what your child tells you regarding what is going on at school. It wasnt rumor. It happened. If your child is saying they didnt hear about it...well...I dont know what to say about that.

He is no longer a student at WHS. This is a fact, as of today. Might that change? I dont know. But the fact is, he left the enrollment as of today..turned in books, supplies, etc. THAT should make you sick to your stomach, not the fact that I posted it when it became fact.

Bag-o-chips...you'll get over it.

Just putting the young man's name on the block was absolutely wrong. What's most disappointing is the fact you've just shared it with practically the whole state of Texas. This is something that should have remained internal with the team and the school until a release has been given through the proper channels, not by an individual who posts on a forum. Again, if the allegations are true, I'm not condoning anything here, but I strongly believe a little more foreword thinking and restraint should have been shown.

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Just putting the young man's name on the block was absolutely wrong. What's most disappointing is the fact you've just shared it with practically the whole state of Texas. This is something that should have remained internal with the team and the school until a release has been given through the proper channels, not by an individual who posts on a forum. Again, if the allegations are true, I'm not condoning anything here, but I strongly believe a little more foreword thinking and restraint should have been shown.

Fair enough Tejastrue. I respect your opinion.
(P.S. I wont even tell you whats going on on FaceBook right now...kids to kids).

gold_33
11-11-2010, 09:49 AM

I see your point but at the same time if you do not want your problems or legal issues or people knowing of your troubles then dont do stuff to get you into trouble or put you in that situation.

rojosgirl
11-11-2010, 09:49 AM
In this day & age there are lots of ways news (good & bad) can travel. Folks have different intentions when this news is shared. Not everyone agrees with what is done, but good judgement should always be used.

Ranger Mom
11-11-2010, 09:55 AM
In this day and age, that information is going to get out...there is nothing we can do about it.

But...on THIS board, we can make sure we don't post the student's name...that was my only problem with it.

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 10:02 AM
In this day and age, that information is going to get out...there is nothing we can do about it.

But...on THIS board, we can make sure we don't post the student's name...that was my only problem with it.

i hear youRM...but we all know when it came out with "a certain player of high D1 potential", everyone would of known who it was anyways. But I do hear you...and am not arguing with you.

Ranger Mom
11-11-2010, 10:07 AM
i hear youRM...but we all know when it came out with "a certain player of high D1 potential", everyone would of known who it was anyways. But I do hear you...and am not arguing with you.

Actually....after I edited it, I had several PM's from other posters asking me who it was......so, maybe you give us too much credit!!:p :p

jason
11-11-2010, 10:09 AM
so what did he steal?

Tejastrue
11-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
I see your point but at the same time if you do not want your problems or legal issues or people knowing of your troubles then dont do stuff to get you into trouble or put you in that situation.

Yes, but when we use such means as an online forum, blog, what have you, for judge, jury and executioner, what does that say for our society. These days, more than ever, because of the internet, you don't have to do anything wrong and yet are a victim, simply because a story, article or picture was posted on a forum, blog, MySpace or Facebook. I guess I'm getting too old for this sort of thing. It's way beyond my understanding.

I'm ready to get back to the reason I joined this site, 3A High School Football and the game itself. As someone once said, "You got to put your behind in the past".

Wimberley Texans, you've played this year with the heart of a champion. Just another bump in the road. I'll be there to cheer you on and for all the players who've brought you thus far, let the "Code Red" cry be heard loud and clear!! :cheerl: :clap:

Tejastrue
11-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Fair enough Tejastrue. I respect your opinion.
(P.S. I wont even tell you whats going on on FaceBook right now...kids to kids).

The kids were one of my first concerns. We all know how things like this stir a frenzy amongst them. Just like a bunch of piranhas. The fact we happen to be playing Llano (always a tough game) this week does not help.

A truce wimb_pro. Appreciate the good gesture. No, we don't have to agree. We have our differences and opinions and have shared them.

I'm ready to move on and get back to thinking about football and the game this Friday. No more posts for me through this thread. Go Texans!!

Realized today is Veterans Day, THANKS to all whom have proudly served and a special Thanks to all veterans who are members of this site. :2thumbsup

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Actually....after I edited it, I had several PM's from other posters asking me who it was......so, maybe you give us too much credit!!:p :p

LOL@RangerMom....maybe so, maybe so. LOL

AP Panther Fan
11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Yes, but when we use such means as an online forum, blog, what have you, for judge, jury and executioner, what does that say for our society. These days, more than ever, because of the internet, you don't have to do anything wrong and yet are a victim, simply because a story, article or picture was posted on a forum, blog, MySpace or Facebook. I guess I'm getting too old for this sort of thing. It's way beyond my understanding.

I'm ready to get back to the reason I joined this site, 3A High School Football and the game itself. As someone once said, "You got to put your behind in the past".

Wimberley Texans, you've played this year with the heart of a champion. Just another bump in the road. I'll be there to cheer you on and for all the players who've brought you thus far, let the "Code Red" cry be heard loud and clear!! :cheerl: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think if everyone would just stop and ask themselves "how would I feel if that were my son or daughter" and show some compassion, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I wish nothing but the best for this young man, his family, community, school and team. GO TEXANS! :)

wimbo_pro
11-11-2010, 10:34 AM

You know Tejastrue...I dont think it is much of a bump in the road either. We have been so decimated with injuries and players out for various reasons, I think its SOP....standard operating procedure. When we had our D1 prospect in the line up, we had several others out. When several others came back, D1 prospect goes out. Its been this way ALL season. Obviously any team would want to be full strength at all times...we have just not been close to full strength all year, which means we ARE at full strength as far as the 2010 season goes! It's crazy, but it is what it is. We will be fine.