PDA

View Full Version : COD: Black Ops

Old Tiger
11-10-2010, 02:57 AM
So far I like it a lot because it got rid of a lot of the noob stuff from MW2 such as drop shots, quick scoping, scavenger with noob tubes, and scavenger with claymores. The guns are sweet and the money system is cool because you can purchase what you want for your gun once you reach the levels to obtain that gun, perk, or whatever it may be. It seems if you are a good shooter you will excel at this game more than those who rely on those noob tactics. Another big deal is lack of camping because it seems there is always two or more entrances to a place.

What are your thoughts on it if you have purchased and played?

Feel free to add me on XBL under this gamertag 'P0WER 0F CHRIST.' The letter O's in the gamertage are in fact the number zero.

poisoned10
11-10-2010, 07:28 AM
I always go through the campaign before I start playing online. Once I finish that I'll start playing online, which I think I'm on the last mission.

IHStangFan
11-10-2010, 11:41 AM
So I may have to FINALLY cave in and look into this online gaming thing?

Old Tiger
11-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
So I may have to FINALLY cave in and look into this online gaming thing? They have a mode where you can play against computer AI in gameplay that will get you ready for online. You play against a bunch of computer based enemies and it is the exact same as online.

poisoned10
11-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Has anyone played the hidden 'Dead Ops Arcade' and 'Zork' games?

Dead Ops is kinda fun but I don't get Zork.

Emerson1
11-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Probably gonna trade Red Dead Redemption soon and get it. Wish I had thought of it before so I could have gotten the extra trade in.

SWMustang
11-12-2010, 11:39 PM
WOW! 360 million in one day?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/11/11/call.of.duty.sales/

Move over, Activision. Here comes Activision.

"Call of Duty: Black Ops" sold 5.6 million copies in 24 hours, making it the biggest entertainment launch ever, Activision said Thursday.

This breaks the previous record of 4.7 million, which Activision set last year with "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."

"There has never been another entertainment franchise that has set opening day records for two consecutive years," Activision CEO Bobby Kotick said in a statement.

The game is also on track to outperform last year's five-day global sales record, which was $550 million, Kotick said.

Activision places the total one-day sales figure at $360 million, which is an okay amount of money, I guess. It makes you wonder, though -- do 5.6 million people really care about Call of Duty, or did they all just want to play Zork?

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Has anyone played the hidden 'Dead Ops Arcade' and 'Zork' games?

Dead Ops is kinda fun but I don't get Zork. yo add me on xbl you were pretty good at mw2 and me and my 2 other buddies always need a good 4th person to dominate with.

poisoned10
11-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
yo add me on xbl you were pretty good at mw2 and me and my 2 other buddies always need a good 4th person to dominate with.

What is your gamertag?