PDA

View Full Version : If Celina and Brownwood did meet.......

GR Tiger_14
11-09-2010, 09:14 PM
If Celina and Brownwood did ever meet.......who would win??

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Us the fans would win

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Depending on the year and teams. I know it would be a great game and be well supported by both towns. Of course I would say Celina. Those Lions would be known as Gibs after that.

Trashman
11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
This year? The Wood will pound them into the turf.:devil:

GR Tiger_14
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Let me clarify myself, what if brownwood and celina did meet, who would win (this years teams)?

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Celina by 21.

Looking4number8
11-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Sorry, I have to say it.... We could have known but some orange team did not want to play some maroon team

Tin Cup
11-09-2010, 10:11 PM
I heard celina's coach was scared or something. That and Kenny said don't play a good team so you'll be undefeated for my cool song. :nerd:

IHStangFan
11-09-2010, 10:13 PM
only people in Celina & Brownwood would care. Nobody else would really give a crap. :D :p

HI Rocket!!

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 10:14 PM
ha scared. my intramural 7on7 team could beat brownwood this year.

BEAST
11-09-2010, 10:16 PM
This year Brownwood would win. Celina doesn't have any player who could handle Ship head up. Therefore, they would have to double him. Which means he still gets his plus we have single coverage all over the field for the other weapons. I know the Celina posters will say they would be in our backfield therefore the Qb couldn't throw the ball. Every team has tried that. I don't work.

BEAST

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Seriously boys.:rolleyes: I doubt anyone is scared to play anyone. Had to be scheduling. It is pretty disrespectful to keep beating that dead horse. It would be like us saying you couldn't have melted and poured Brownwood on Celina or Liberty Hill in 06 or 07. Unfortunately we will never know for sure. Both teams are great with great coaches. Both towns are steeped in tradition. Let's show respect for the coaches and the teams.

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
only people in Celina & Brownwood would care. Nobody else would really give a crap. :D :p

HI Rocket!!

:iagree:

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
This year Brownwood would win. Celina doesn't have any player who could handle Ship head up. Therefore, they would have to double him. Which means he still gets his plus we have single coverage all over the field for the other weapons. I know the Celina posters will say they would be in our backfield therefore the Qb couldn't throw the ball. Every team has tried that. I don't work.

BEAST Maybe so Beast but has every team you played had the speed on the D-Line and backers we have? Shipley is a bonafide stud no doubt but it takes 11.

Tin Cup
11-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Pat on the butt for that bobbycat

Charlie47
11-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Seriously boys.:rolleyes: I doubt anyone is scared to play anyone. Had to be scheduling. It is pretty disrespectful to keep beating that dead horse. It would be like us saying you couldn't have melted and poured Brownwood on Celina or Liberty Hill in 06 or 07. Unfortunately we will never know for sure. Both teams are great with great coaches. Both towns are steeped in tradition. Let's show respect for the coaches and the teams.

Man, that's good, way to go Bobcat1!:clap: :clap:

LionFan72
11-09-2010, 10:44 PM
No disrespect, the fans would definitely win, as well as the coaches and players. One champion, the BROWNWOOD LIONS!

hollywood
11-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Beatin' a dead horse, again!

We'll never know.

But for arguements sake... BW would have the upper hand this year, no question.

skins4life
11-09-2010, 11:59 PM
The starters would fall out from exhaustion, then the JV would play till they were exhausted and couldn't play any more and then the Freshmen would come in and finish the job. The playoff committee would have to call the game a tie, because they didn't want Rocket and bobcat1 to have to play for the title.. :D :D :D

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 07:35 AM
LOL! I wouldn't be good long, so I bet after play #1 there would be an injury time out for an injured Lion.:D

JJWalker
11-10-2010, 08:15 AM
If Celina and Brownwood did meet ........

Brownwood would get down on one knee give Celina a flower and the two would live happily ever after ... producing a whole flock of little marange colored offspring.

JMO

BILLYFRED0000
11-10-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't know. At this stage of the year I can usually tell how well the team is playing based on competition but our competition has been weaker than normal. So I would go hypothetically with the wood just because they have probably been a little more tested than we have. But I think it would be a good game and if the breaks worked for the cats we could win.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Brownwood by 20+

waterboy
11-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by JJWalker

Brownwood would get down on one knee give Celina a flower and the two would live happily ever after ... producing a whole flock of little marange colored offspring.

JMO
Ok, THIS made me laugh out loud!:D :clap: That's some funny stuff right there, JJ!

It also kinda grossed me out, too......but it WAS funny.:D

Pick6
11-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Seriously boys.:rolleyes: I doubt anyone is scared to play anyone. Had to be scheduling.

I've personally seen ford refuse to play a team in the past. It doesn't surprise me to hear about it happening again.

Rocket
11-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Close game until halftime...Celina's defense would use all their energy to make it close, chasing all 4 of our WR's all over the field for a half. Then Brownwood comes out and rolls... this is the pattern we have seen in close games at half (2).

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I've personally seen ford refuse to play a team in the past. It doesn't surprise me to hear about it happening again. :rolleyes: I have one word to say about that. Gunter hates Celina. :p

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Close game until halftime...Celina's defense would use all their energy to make it close, chasing all 4 of our WR's all over the field for a half. Then Brownwood comes out and rolls... this is the pattern we have seen in close games at half (2). It's possible but the flip side is possible too. It is close at the half but the O-Line of Celina wears down the defense of Brownwood by keeping them on the field while jamming it down their throat. Celina wins by 14.

BwdLion73
11-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Each year is different. No one will change anyones mind. What a waste of space...:D :D :D

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Each year is different. No one will change anyones mind. What a waste of space...:D :D :D :iagree: :ditto:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 10:23 AM
I've got to admit that I enjoy threads like this, but it does remind me of 2 male dogs trying to mount each other when there is a female in heat next door---:D

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
:iagree:

I disagree. You and so many others are interested or you wouldn't be in this here reading and commenting. :p

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 10:31 AM
I think you'd have to throw all the Bwd & Celina votes out in this argument and let the outsiders decide the outcome of this mythical matchup. It'd also help if you'd watched both teams play. Better yet, wait until the outcome of the playoffs and it might be crystal clear.

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 10:34 AM
LOL! I wouldn't be good long, so I bet after play #1 there would be an injury time out for an injured Lion.:D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pick6
11-10-2010, 11:21 AM
:rolleyes: I have one word to say about that. Gunter hates Celina. :p

Do they? Thanks for the info, I'll remember that if I'm ever over there.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Do they? Thanks for the info, I'll remember that if I'm ever over there. :doh:

Old LB
11-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker

JMO

Then they would all have to transfer to Euless Trinity because they would be super ballers.:D

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Do they? Thanks for the info, I'll remember that if I'm ever over there.
I was about to say, when did you move to Gunter? Hahaha

Rocket
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
It's possible but the flip side is possible too. It is close at the half but the O-Line of Celina wears down the defense of Brownwood by keeping them on the field while jamming it down their throat. Celina wins by 14.

LOL Your defense will not stop Brownwood. Brownwood will stop your offense.

Pick6
11-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I was about to say, when did you move to Gunter? Hahaha

Not sure, maybe a couple of them kitten lovers could tell us. Good thing about Gunter is you can get to Clark's pretty easy from there.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 01:28 PM
LOL Your defense will not stop Brownwood. Brownwood will stop your offense. Oh Okay.:doh: You never did answer 2 questions last night little buddy. Why don't you just say 2 biots 4 bits 6 bits a dollar everytime you start to post. :p

BwdLions
11-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Why don't you just say 2 biots 4 bits 6 bits a dollar everytime you start to post. :p

Everyone now, 2 biots, 4 bits, 6 bits a dollar. Sorry I couldn't resist. :D

Rocket
11-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Article 1 (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/oct/18/check-out-no-1-brownwood-while-you-still-can/)

Article 2 (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/nov/07/brownwood-tops-among-area-powers-in-playoffs/)

Article 3 (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/oct/08/brownwood-big-spring-sdyfsdyfy/)

Here are 3 Articles that mention how special this team is...one coach saying that this offense is the best he has ever seen. ;)

Go ahead and say this is just another good team. That is what they are, to the outsider. But if all goes according to plan, you might just say, "WOW".

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Article 1 (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/oct/18/check-out-no-1-brownwood-while-you-still-can/)

Article 2 (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/nov/07/brownwood-tops-among-area-powers-in-playoffs/)

Article 3 (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2010/oct/08/brownwood-big-spring-sdyfsdyfy/)

Here are 3 Articles that mention how special this team is...one coach saying that this offense is the best he has ever seen. ;)

Who needs "brag" articles when we got you....:rolleyes: :D

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 02:54 PM

Here are 3 Articles that mention how special this team is...one coach saying that this offense is the best he has ever seen. ;) Two of the three written by the same man, :doh: :doh: wouldn't that just count as one man's opinion?? Guess not, carry on Rockee!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket
11-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Who needs "brag" articles when we got you....:rolleyes: :D

by request...

Oh and enjoy your win this week...ain't happenin' next week..

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM

But if all goes according to plan, you might just say, "WOW". Well heck, why wait. "WOW", there you have it.:nerd: :nerd:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 02:58 PM
by request...

Oh and enjoy your win this week...ain't happenin' next week..

Who's request? Somebody marooned on Christmas Island?

Oh, I think we will be able to handle IP next week, Rocket...:D

Rocket
11-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Who's request? Somebody marooned on Christmas Island?

Oh, I think we will be able to handle IP next week, Rocket...:D

Oh you guys have them on your basketball schedule?

Rocket
11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Two of the three written by the same man, :doh: :doh: wouldn't that just count as one man's opinion?? Guess not, carry on Rockee!!!!!!!!!!!

61-20? :thinking: And Snyder is pretty good...right, Hop? LOL

What did your signature say earlier in the season? I believe it was a quote from me...please refresh me...

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 03:19 PM
61-20? :thinking: And Snyder is pretty good...right, Hop? LOL

What did your signature say earlier in the season? I believe it was a quote from me...please refresh me... Gee Rockee, I'm not the one http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/tooter.jpg and declaring a SC. The Tigers are just looking to be ready for the Steers tomorrow night. :doh: :doh: Good luck with the Hawks!!!

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 04:01 PM

Go ahead and say this is just another good team. That is what they are, to the outsider. But if all goes according to plan, you might just say, "WOW".
Article 1 "Can Brownwood be beaten, Yes."
Article 2 "Some people say Brownwood is the best 3A team they have ever seen." Maybe they should venture out of Region 1 more often.
Article 3 "“Their offense is as good as I’ve seen ... maybe ever,” Ritchey said. “Their skill players are as good as I’ve seen in 25 years of coaching. It’s impossible to try and take one thing away from them or they’ll kill you with something else. We won’t see any better this year, I hope." He should again get out of Region one and district more often. Consider the source.

You said the media was saying Brownwood is the best of all 3A team of all time and y'all were just repeating it. Still waiting for those articles since this was not really the media saying The Best of All time in 3A.:D

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh you guys have them on your basketball schedule? You should be able to check that Gym Rat!:p

Rocket
11-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Gee Rockee, I'm not the one http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/tooter.jpg and declaring a SC. The Tigers are just looking to be ready for the Steers tomorrow night. :doh: :doh: Good luck with the Hawks!!!

Answer the question.

If Snyder is a good team, and Brownwood is 41 points better than Snyder (a good team), then Brownwood is a super, good team. Way on another level.

Is my logic off?

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Oh Rockee. You have never been logical. :taunt:

garciap77
11-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Answer the question.

If Snyder is a good team, and Brownwood is 41 points better than Snyder (a good team), then Brownwood is a super, good team. Way on another level.

Is my logic off?

YES!!! You logic sucks!:D

Go Brownwood Lions!!!!!:clap:

Go Tigers!!!!!:clap:

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 05:32 PM
I still say it is a downright shame that Brownwood will probably win a SC having beaten no one worthy to be on the field with them. Maybe 3A will be better next season. It was AWFULLY good in 2008, though. :D

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Is my logic off? Yes, you were there and know what a big part of that game was about. Did Bwood play a perfect game? Not doubt, no turnovers and throw the ball 30 times against a blitz and have no penalties. I would think if you reverse that, the outcome is different and you never know, it could happen?:thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 06:25 PM
I still say it is a downright shame that Brownwood will probably win a SC having beaten no one worthy to be on the field with them. Maybe 3A will be better next season. It was AWFULLY good in 2008, though. :D :tisk: :tisk: :tisk: :tisk: :evillol: :evillol:

injuredinmelee
11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
if I crapped quarters i'd be rich...

Rocket
11-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Yes, you were there and know what a big part of that game was about. Did Bwood play a perfect game? Not doubt, no turnovers and throw the ball 30 times against a blitz and have no penalties. I would think if you reverse that, the outcome is different and you never know, it could happen?:thinking: :thinking:

Brownwood has turned the ball over once in the last 7 games...Wylie finally intercepted a pass...so the count is 33 TD's to 3 INT's for Brown. ;)

That would make sense if our defense sucked like it did in 2008. But simply not the case in 2010. Brownwood took your ball 6 times. :) And shoved it down your throat.

So are you saying what Brownwood did to Snyder was a fluke? I know you aren't saying that. are you? huh?

Rocket
11-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I still say it is a downright shame that Brownwood will probably win a SC having beaten no one worthy to be on the field with them. Maybe 3A will be better next season. It was AWFULLY good in 2008, though. :D

What are the odds? Brownwood drops and in 3 years has a SC? Hmmm...and you don't think Brownwood would have at least 4 more if we had been 3A all this time? You people are smoking crap...

Not saying we are guaranteed anything...but it is looking GOOD... ;)

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 07:02 PM
What are the odds? Brownwood drops and in 3 years has a SC? Hmmm...and you don't think Brownwood would have at least 4 more if we had been 3A all this time? You people are smoking crap...

I think the '10 team would have gone 7-3, or maybe 8-2 in 08' and probably 3-deep or so. 3A has good and bad years. Nobody worthy to give Brownwood a game this year. Funny thing--Celina managed to win a SC in less than 3 years when they moved up.

ronwx5x
11-10-2010, 07:04 PM

And a certain other team moved UP in class and had a SC in TWO years? No brag there!:inlove:

MesquiteFan
11-10-2010, 07:07 PM
How awesome will it be if Brownwood loses? I have a feeling a lot of Rocket quotes will become signature material.

Not that I think they will lose. Just thinking out loud.

Rocket
11-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
How awesome will it be if Brownwood loses? I have a feeling a lot of Rocket quotes will become signature material.

Not that I think they will lose. Just thinking out loud.

Happened in 2008...I took my lumps and came back for more... ;)

Rocket
11-10-2010, 07:11 PM
I think the '10 team would have gone 7-3, or maybe 8-2 in 08' and probably 3-deep or so. 3A has good and bad years. Nobody worthy to give Brownwood a game this year. Funny thing--Celina managed to win a SC in less than 3 years when they moved up.

You have no idea how good Brownwood is...trust me...

In 2008 we played Liberty Hill within 7 points at home! LOL...and they were the #1 team... Celina matched up well with stopping the run and stopped LH, but they wouldn't have stopped our offense in 2008 and I guarantee you we are 10x better on offense than we were in 2008.

Very ignorant post, Bullaholic, even for you...

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 07:13 PM

How can we know how good they are when there is no one worthy enough to play them this year? That's a shame that we may never know how this team would have fared against some teams in the good 3A years. No glory when you don't beat anyone good.

Rocket
11-10-2010, 07:18 PM
How can we know how good they are when there is no one worthy enough to play them this year? That's a shame that we may never know how this team would have fared against some teams in the good 3A years. No glory when you don't beat anyone good.

So since your team sucks out loud, 3A as a whole sucks? Maybe Brownwood raised the bar so stinking high that it don't matter what year it is...yeah, I like that way better. You are silly. The next time Bridgeport pees a drop you people watch, 3A will be full of good teams... I beg to differ... The 2010 Brownwood team in 2008 rolls....easily... we never got blown out in 2008 and we played a heck of a schedule...not even close.

You take a team like Brownwood and a team that is supposed to be good (relative to who they have played and their success) and measure against what Brownwood does to them. ie. Snyder...

Rocket
11-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I can't believe you posted that BUllaholic...

So you said this 2010 Brownwood team would go 7-3 and 3 rounds deep in 2008? Did I understand that right?

OK boys... this will be on the Bulletin board next week...make sure it is seen and read. OK BEAST?

MesquiteFan
11-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm not going to take away from Brownwood's season at all, but I do think it would be a bit more validated if they had to go through D2 Region II - Argyle, Prosper, Carthage, Madison, Gilmer, the Texarkana schools.

Region II is much more loaded than I in my opinion.

What Brownwood wins this year can't be taken away from them though. And that's coming from an outsider that has no ties to Brownwood at all.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Since we all have seen you post in the past that Bridgeport is, in fact, a good team, I am going to take you word for it.

So, if and when all of the dust settles this weekend and BWD and Bridgeport advance, you will be next in line to find out just how good the Lions are against a good team. :devil:

....and btw, your logic is flawed.....BWD posters constanly defend our schedule and are more than willing to put it up against the schedules like Celina and B-Port's, etc. So, if we are willing to do that, how can we also say that no one is worthy?:thinking:

Your Bulls will get whats coming to them very soon.

Deuce
11-10-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm not going to take away from Brownwood's season at all, but I do think it would be a bit more validated if they had to go through D2 Region II - Argyle, Prosper, Carthage, Madison, Gilmer, the Texarkana schools.

What Brownwood wins this year can't be taken away from them though. And that's coming from an outsider that has no ties to Brownwood at all.

Sad thing is that anything less than a title for Brownwood will be a total failure the way they have been hyped around here. Kind of makes you fell sorry for those boys if they do get beat.

Rocket
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM

I am here to argue that 3A 1983 SUCKED! It was horrible...no wonder Daingerfield did what they did. :rolleyes:

Rocket
11-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Sad thing is that anything less than a title for Brownwood will be a total failure the way they have been hyped around here. Kind of makes you fell sorry for those boys if they do get beat.

Trust me when I say, they have that expectation on themselves. They know who they are and what they want to do. Has nothing to do with the fans and high expectations. They have them for themselves... This Brownwood offense (in 10 games) is the highest scoring Brownwood team in school history. They have their own goals. And I feel sorry for any team that gets in their way...

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Since we all have seen you post in the past that Bridgeport is, in fact, a good team, I am going to take you word for it.

So, if and when all of the dust settles this weekend and BWD and Bridgeport advance, you will be next in line to find out just how good the Lions are against a good team. :devil:

....and btw, your logic is flawed.....BWD posters constanly defend our schedule and are more than willing to put it up against the schedules like Celina and B-Port's, etc. So, if we are willing to do that, how can we also say that no one is worthy?:thinking:

Your Bulls will get whats coming to them very soon.

Did not say a thing about the Lions' schedule--all I have repeated is what I have been told for months. I did not say no other team was worthy---some of you guys have said it repeatedly. Now, is that a fact or not--that there is absolutely no team in 3A as good as the Lions? Remember, if the Bulls and Lions do get to play and Brownwood wins convincingly--then we have absolutely nothing to apologize for since we are one of the unworthys this year. Now tell me where I am wrong and I will quit feeding you your own words for consideration. If you tell me you want to be serious---I will be serious, but you guys like to pick your moments and expect everyone to take you seriously until you declare something like "just kidding" or "don't take me seriously". Which is it? Be proud and tell me how good your team is, but don't put it on the end of a stick and expect me not to gag. All my Bulls have coming to them is the smallest measure of respect that one team gives to another, even though one may be favored.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 07:39 PM

So when Brownwood thumps the Region II champ, will that not be validation? :confused:

For your Argyle, I raise you a Brownwood.
For your Carthage, how about Snyder?
Prosper, Madison, Gilmer, LE.......Graham, Monohans, B-Port and Kennedale.

You need to get off of that SEC....I mean....Region II high horse.:dispntd: :dispntd:

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 07:40 PM

Not saying we are guaranteed anything...but it is looking GOOD... ;) Uh Celina came up from 2A and played in 3 straight Championship games winning one. Maybe my logic is off but it should be harder to come up from 2A than to drop from 4A.:thinking:

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 07:42 PM

In 2008 we played Liberty Hill within 7 points at home! LOL...and they were the #1 team... Celina matched up well with stopping the run and stopped LH, but they wouldn't have stopped our offense in 2008 and I guarantee you we are 10x better on offense than we were in 2008.

Very ignorant post, Bullaholic, even for you... Puuhhhleeaze! That is the most ignorant post of the year. Rockee! Put down the pipe son!

91 lion
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Did not say a thing about the Lions' schedule--all I have repeated is what I have been told for months. I did not say no other team was worthy---some of you guys have said it repeatedly. Now, is that a fact or not--that there is absolutely no team in 3A as good as the Lions? Remember, if the Bulls and Lions do get to play and Brownwood wins convincingly--then we have absolutely nothing to apologize for since we are one of the unworthys this year. Now tell me where I am wrong and I will quit feeding you your own words for consideration. If you tell me you want to be serious---I will be serious, but you guys like to pick your moments and expect everyone to take you seriously until you declare something like "just kidding" or "don't take me seriously". Which is it? Be proud and tell me how good your team is, but don't put it on the end of a stick and expect me not to gag.

Obviously you have a hard time with dry wit....cause there's nothing serious about what I said, IMO. You should read between the lines....here, I'll break it down for you:

1. "Since we all have seen you post in the past that Bridgeport is, in fact, a good team, I am going to take you word for it."

Translation-So you think your team is good? Good for you.

2. "So, if and when all of the dust settles this weekend and BWD and Bridgeport advance, you will be next in line to find out just how good the Lions are against a good team."

Translation-I can't wait to kick yalls butt!

3. "....and btw, your logic is flawed.....BWD posters constanly defend our schedule and are more than willing to put it up against the schedules like Celina and B-Port's, etc. So, if we are willing to do that, how can we also say that no one is worthy?

Translation-Do you really think that any of us truly feel that no one is worthy? Of course not, heck our opponents would mop the floor with yours!

4. "Your Bulls will get whats coming to them very soon."

Translation-Again, I really can't wait to kick yalls butt!

Is that better?

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I am here to argue that 3A 1983 SUCKED! It was horrible...no wonder Daingerfield did what they did. :rolleyes:

Think 83' Daingerfield repeatedly told everyone within hearing that no one was worthy of playing them like you have done, Rocket?

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Obviously you have a hard time with dry wit....cause there's nothing serious about what I said, IMO. You should read between the lines....here, I'll break it down for you:

1. "Since we all have seen you post in the past that Bridgeport is, in fact, a good team, I am going to take you word for it."

Translation-So you think your team is good? Good for you.

2. "So, if and when all of the dust settles this weekend and BWD and Bridgeport advance, you will be next in line to find out just how good the Lions are against a good team."

Translation-I can't wait to kick yalls butt!

3. "....and btw, your logic is flawed.....BWD posters constanly defend our schedule and are more than willing to put it up against the schedules like Celina and B-Port's, etc. So, if we are willing to do that, how can we also say that no one is worthy?

Translation-Do you really think that any of us truly feel that no one is worthy? Of course not, heck our opponents would mop the floor with yours!

4. "Your Bulls will get whats coming to them very soon."

Translation-Again, I really can't wait to kick yalls butt!

Is that better?

Hey, instead of saying something tastes like chicken--why not just eat chicken. Again, if you want to make some valid points with me, show me that you are being serious and I will respond accordingly. If you want to "play" and trade some good-natured smack--I'll be glad to oblige. Some of you Brownwood guys have blurred the lines so badly that no one can tell anymore. BTW, if you will go back and check all of my posts I have not made one negative or low comment about the Brownwood team--I've just repeated a lot of Brownwood poster's words back to you and asked a few pointed questions here and there.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Hey, instead of saying something tastes like chicken--why not just eat chicken. Again, if you want to make some valid points with me, show me that you are being serious and I will respond accordingly. If you want to "play" and trade some good-natured smack--I'll be glad to oblige. Some of you Brownwood guys have blurred the lines so badly that no one can tell anymore.

Again, you missed the wit!! :doh:

This is 100% smack talk coming from me!! No blurred lines here....It's pretty comical that you don't get it.

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Did not say a thing about the Lions' schedule--all I have repeated is what I have been told for months. I did not say no other team was worthy---some of you guys have said it repeatedly. Now, is that a fact or not--that there is absolutely no team in 3A as good as the Lions? Remember, if the Bulls and Lions do get to play and Brownwood wins convincingly--then we have absolutely nothing to apologize for since we are one of the unworthys this year. Now tell me where I am wrong and I will quit feeding you your own words for consideration. If you tell me you want to be serious---I will be serious, but you guys like to pick your moments and expect everyone to take you seriously until you declare something like "just kidding" or "don't take me seriously". Which is it? Be proud and tell me how good your team is, but don't put it on the end of a stick and expect me not to gag. All my Bulls have coming to them is the smallest measure of respect that one team gives to another, even though one may be favored.
Pretty well sums it up, thanks for the considered post Bull... I like the gagging reference. ;)

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 08:02 PM

This is 100% smack talk coming from me!! No blurred lines here....It's pretty comical that you don't get it.

That's the point--I do get it. I think I have a pretty good feel and appreciation for wit---you just don't want to accept what I am trying to point out about the rules of engagement for trading posts with me.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Did not say a thing about the Lions' schedule--all I have repeated is what I have been told for months. I did not say no other team was worthy---some of you guys have said it repeatedly. Now, is that a fact or not--that there is absolutely no team in 3A as good as the Lions? Remember, if the Bulls and Lions do get to play and Brownwood wins convincingly--then we have absolutely nothing to apologize for since we are one of the unworthys this year. Now tell me where I am wrong and I will quit feeding you your own words for consideration. If you tell me you want to be serious---I will be serious, but you guys like to pick your moments and expect everyone to take you seriously until you declare something like "just kidding" or "don't take me seriously". Which is it? Be proud and tell me how good your team is, but don't put it on the end of a stick and expect me not to gag.

".....lowest measure of respect"

Dude! Take a deep breath!! :doh: "Getting what's coming to you" is FAR from the lowest measures. Gimme a break!

Again....it seems as though you have failed to get this whole "Smack talking" thing :inlove: :inlove:

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Dude! Take a deep breath!! :doh: "Getting what's coming to you" is FAR from the lowest measures. Gimme a break!

Again....it seems as though you have failed to get this whole "Smack talking" thing :inlove: :inlove: Rockee has ruined it for everyone.:dispntd:

91 lion
11-10-2010, 08:12 PM
That's the point--I do get it. I think I have a pretty good feel and appreciation for wit---you just don't want to accept what I am trying to point out about the rules of engagement for trading posts with me.

....and apparently you sir, have the same issue with accepting the rules of engagement for trading posts with me.

...and I don't doubt that you have a "pretty good feel for wit"...I do feel, though, that you have a pretty hard time with it when its pointed at you.

....as for trading posts, Im your Huckleberry!

I wonder, after next week, if B-Port loses, will you still be posting?....and if so, will it only be from the standpoint of a Brownwood Hater?

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM

Sorry to butt in, but I missed it too... I guess if you made comments like this SOME of the time, we could tell the difference from a normal post, but they ALL sound like that.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Rockee has ruined it for everyone.:dispntd:

Bobcat1a, You are your own man...don't let Rocket ruin anythhing for you.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 08:16 PM

Again....it seems as though you have failed to get this whole "Smack talking" thing :inlove: :inlove:

It is not my style to get into trading personal posts---just posts about teams and games. You got me---you won. Thank you very much for your kind offers on how to "talk" and "appreciate" smack or wit. Respectfully, I must decline at this time, but I will try to take notes and get the "hang" of it since I have only been doing this for a short while. Perhaps I will get better in time. :D

91 lion
11-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Sorry to butt in, but I missed it too... I guess if you made comments like this SOME of the time, we could tell the difference from a normal post, but they ALL sound like that.

We will just have to disagree on that one.....but do feel free to butt in at anytime!

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Brownwood has turned the ball over once in the last 7 games...Wylie finally intercepted a pass...so the count is 33 TD's to 3 INT's for Brown. ;)

That would make sense if our defense sucked like it did in 2008. But simply not the case in 2010. Brownwood took your ball 6 times. :) And shoved it down your throat.

So are you saying what Brownwood did to Snyder was a fluke? I know you aren't saying that. are you? huh? Dang, you get more ignorant the further this goes. My point was the Lions played a perfect game, we turned the ball over 6 times. Believe it or not, it could happen to any team, even the BCS champion Lions. Different time, different game, you just never know.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 08:25 PM
It is not my style to get into trading personal posts---just posts about teams and games. You got me---you won. Thank you very much for your kind offers on how to "talk" and "appreciate" smack or wit. Respectfully, I must decline at this time, but I will try to take notes and get the "hang" of it since I have only been doing this for a short while. Perhaps I will get better in time. :D

Oh great one with the 10000 posts, you are very right. I started this with you, but smug posts like the "no one is worthy" is going to garner attention. If I riled you up....good. But do know is all in the smack. You like playing the background, chiming in with smug generalities. I get that. We just play the game a little differently.

Cheers

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Bobcat1a, You are your own man...don't let Rocket ruin anythhing for you. ;) :cool:

BwdLion73
11-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I've read and read post on here and this is my take:

This so called "smack talk" among fans can be fun if you know the person you are talking too, or have exchanged some pm's or meet and greets. Tongue in cheek remarks are hard to use on here sometimes. You cannot put inflections of voice in words. The good natured battles can be fun (since thats all most of us are capable of anymore!) but we seem to have a lot of new posters that don't know each other and feathers get ruffled. I try to be as close to my real self as I can when I post and I wish others would too. I like to imagine a 3ADL reunion where we could all meet and have our name tags on.
I think most of us would have a great time and make some good lasting friendships since we have a like minded common interest.
However I afraid there are a few that might be quite embarrassed to wear their name tags.

GO BROWNWOOD!

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 08:34 PM
....and apparently you sir, have the same issue with accepting the rules of engagement for trading posts with me.

...and I don't doubt that you have a "pretty good feel for wit"...I do feel, though, that you have a pretty hard time with it when its pointed at you.

....as for trading posts, Im your Huckleberry!

I wonder, after next week, if B-Port loses, will you still be posting?....and if so, will it only be from the standpoint of a Brownwood Hater? I've got news for you, Bull was here before you and he will be here when you slink in the background when this group graduates and the Lions come down to earth next year. Bull will bring it next week all week if the Lions and Bulls play and then will give kudos where they are due if his Bulls lose. Can we say the same for you???:thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72

However I afraid there are a few that might be quite embarrassed to wear their name tags.

GO BROWNWOOD! true....true....

bobcat1

This so called "smack talk" among fans can be fun if you know the person you are talking too, or have exchanged some pm's or meet and greets. Tongue in cheek remarks are hard to use on here sometimes. You cannot put inflections of voice in words. The good natured battles can be fun (since thats all most of us are capable of anymore!) but we seem to have a lot of new posters that don't know each other and feathers get ruffled. I try to be as close to my real self as I can when I post and I wish others would too. I like to imagine a 3ADL reunion where we could all meet and have our name tags on.
I think most of us would have a great time and make some good lasting friendships since we have a like minded common interest.

GO BROWNWOOD! +1

I met one of my best friends in the world at a meet and greet after being mortal board enemies when our son's were playing on opposing teams. I am a smart arse in real life and if I can't have fun I ain't doing it. You will get the same in person from me as you get here. I'm a little bitty guy too.:D Cheers!

91 lion
11-10-2010, 08:35 PM

GO BROWNWOOD!

I think you are right on 73! Good natured battles are what its about. Like I posted the other day, Im sure almost ALL posters on here are very pleasant in person.....the super egos just seem to prevail as we get passionate about our teams. Anyone that knows me, gets me. I think the lesson to be learned is that people can and will read too much into posts, and I have to be more aware of that.

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 08:35 PM
+1

I met one of my best friends in the world at a meet and greet after being mortal board enemies when our son's were playing on opposing teams. I am a smart arse in real life and if I can't have fun I ain't doing it. You will get the same in person from me as you get here. I'm a little bitty guy too.:D Yeah, you and 95mustang would both blow over in a good wind. :D :D

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 08:40 PM

GO BROWNWOOD! But it's amazing 73 how many say they are going to make a meet and greet and then don't. Most of the time it's because they are not the person they portray on here.

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I try to be as close to my real self as I can when I post and I wish others would too. I like to imagine a 3ADL reunion where we could all meet and have our name tags on.
GO BROWNWOOD!
Very well said... cheers!

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 08:46 PM
M&G's are a great place to get to know folks, even though they tend to be pretty brief because of lack of time. Been to several and intend to make many more. I have enjoyed meeting every poster with every hand that I had the pleasure to shake. Me. and Hop, and several of the "Old Codgers" take a lot of time to get down from those stands so we have to talk like a 33RPM record on 78 in order to make the rounds. :D

bobcat1
Yeah, you and 95mustang would both blow over in a good wind. :D :D I don't know about him but it better be a strong wind. In case no one knows me. Here I am.
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/206/14779375.jpg

91 lion
I've got news for you, Bull was here before you and he will be here when you slink in the background when this group graduates and the Lions come down to earth next year. Bull will bring it next week all week if the Lions and Bulls play and then will give kudos where they are due if his Bulls lose. Can we say the same for you???:thinking: :thinking:

Those were genuine questions...as I dont know Bull and just wanted to know. As for me, I will be here...now I may only have 100 posts or so, but you shouldn't read into it as a fairweather fan or a whodini poster that disappears....and yes i will give Kudos to any team that beats my team.

....and I don't think that its "news" that Bull was here before me.

So Hop, I have a question or two for you.

I read at least 100 times more posts than I actually write, and I have noticed a consistent theme from you.....you seem to have a big problem with Brownwood.

Why is that?

.....and if im off base, please let me know. If the answer is "Rocket", I won't be the one to tell you "poor excuse", but it just seems like your level of anti-Brownwood is much higher than most. I would just like to know.

BwdLion73
11-10-2010, 08:50 PM
But it's amazing 73 how many say they are going to make a meet and greet and then don't. Most of the time it's because they are not the person they portray on here.

I would not blame some on here for not going to meet and greets. LOL
You may not be able tell by a couple of post but over time it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who is who. I have never gone to a meet and greet, but thats just because GP77 said I can't be in any Photos. ;)

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I personally am not anti-Brownwood. I hope those boys, fans and coaches get everything they worked for. I am anti-Rocket. Heck I would probably like him if he muzzled it some. He is so in your face on here and I have heard (never witnessed it in person) that he is a skittish kitten at meet and greets. Wondering who is coming up behind him. Kinda goosey like.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
+1

I met one of my best friends in the world at a meet and greet after being mortal board enemies when our son's were playing on opposing teams. I am a smart arse in real life and if I can't have fun I ain't doing it. You will get the same in person from me as you get here. I'm a little bitty guy too.:D Cheers!

I agree Cat.....and in person, I am the same person too....I will debate with a cockroach if he has an opinion. Please know folks that my opinions are tongue and cheek and in fun....no matter how disquised they may be. :D :D

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I personally am not anti-Brownwood. I hope those boys, fans and coaches get everything they worked for. I am anti-Rocket. Heck I would probably like him if he muzzled it some. He is so in your face on here and I have heard (never witnessed it in person) that he is a skittish kitten at meet and greets. Wondering who is coming up behind him. Kinda goosey like.
I'd be skittish if I was him, you never know about the folks that may be creeping here, that don't post, that may be a bit 'unstable'... know what I mean? Oh Rocket, I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about...:devil: ;)

DaHop72
11-10-2010, 08:58 PM

So Hop, I have a question or two for you.

I read at least 100 times more posts than I actually write, and I have noticed a consistent theme from you.....you seem to have a big problem with Brownwood.

Why is that?

.....and if im off base, please let me know. If the answer is "Rocket", I won't be the one to tell you "poor excuse", but it just seems like you level of anti-Brownwood is much higher than most. I would just like to know. Okay, you are off base. I support the Tigers first and then my district. I went to Lubbock last year and watched the doubleheader that Bwood and Graham played in Lubbock and went to the State final game to see Wylie against Gilmer. I have no level of anti-Bwood anything. I just get tired of the total disrespect from several Lion posters on here who put down everyone not Bwood and who disrespect our players and coaching staff. I have many friends in Bwood, went to the Liberty Hill/Bridgeport game in Waco with a Bwood poster. Went and supported the Lions in baseball against Andrews a couple of years ago picking up three Swater posters who went as well. I even claim 95mustang as a member of my family so it's not a Bwood thing, it's a respect thing. Hopefully that clears up you thought about me.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Okay, you are off base. I support the Tigers first and then my district. I went to Lubbock last year and watched the doubleheader that Bwood and Graham played in Lubbock and went to the State final game to see Wylie against Gilmer. I have no level of anti-Bwood anything. I just get tired of the total disrespect from several Lion posters on here who put down everyone not Bwood and who disrespect our players and coaching staff. I have many friends in Bwood, went to the Liberty Hill/Bridgeport game in Waco with a Bwood poster. Went and supported the Lions in baseball against Andrews a couple of years ago picking up three Swater posters who went as well. I even claim 95mustang as a member of my family so it's not a Bwood thing, it's a respect thing. Hopefully that clears up you thought about me.

Actually, it does. Thanks for the clarification!

BwdLion73
11-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Just take a moment and think, this thread was started about Brownwood and Celina by someone who is not from either town talking about a game that will not happen this year!! :thinking:

91 lion
11-10-2010, 09:13 PM

I get that......The funny thing is, Rocket is one of the nicest and most genuine people that you will ever meet. True, at times, I even shake my head at some of his proclamations....but speaking as a person that has known him for more than 25 years, I genuinely know its all in fun with him.

There have been plenty of times when he will call or text and say...."I'm about to go rile them up with this one..."then creates a thread that gets 1000s of reads. You have to knonw that Rocket really gets this viral and social media thing....heck, he builds sites, so he will gladly be the villian if it means raising interest.

He name has BY FAR been the most posted name since he joined, and believe me, there is a method to his madness.

The JR Ewing of the downlow!!

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 09:14 PM

I'm like you bobcat. I'm certainly not a Brownwood hater and have expressed my respect and admiration for what their coaches and players have done in some games on some of the serious football threads. I'm only even anti-Rocket when I feel his posts have crossed my personal threshold of good taste or respect. Most longtime Brownwood posters know this, and some of the newer ones apparently do not. I plan to have fun with all the Brownwood posters, and will try to be aware when something I have posted may be unintentionally seriously hurtful to any poster's team pride, but I will guarantee that nothing I ever post will rise to the personal level either by origination or response. Let the fun and serious football comments continue....

BEAST
11-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I can't believe you posted that BUllaholic...

So you said this 2010 Brownwood team would go 7-3 and 3 rounds deep in 2008? Did I understand that right?

OK boys... this will be on the Bulletin board next week...make sure it is seen and read. OK BEAST?

Done!!

BEAST

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Done!!

BEAST Alright! Bulletin Board material! Rocket commands it be posted! Beast is on it!.

Eagle 1
11-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't know about him but it better be a strong wind. In case no one knows me. Here I am.
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/206/14779375.jpg

Bull Crap....You aint got that much hair....:D

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2721/dogf.jpg

Eagle 1
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM
+1

I wonder who that would be? :devil:

PS...I still got that football and someday you will get it back...wait and see. ;)

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I wonder who that would be? :devil:

PS...I still got that football and someday you will get it back...wait and see. ;) I still have the picture of your surburban before and after the game. :D

Here is a pic of Eagle 1 if nobody knows him.

http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/3110/bobnh7.jpg

Before the game it said Dogfan1 who is your daddy? After the game it needed correction: :D
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2666/goldthwaiteloses.jpg

I still got all my hair but even with no hair, I aint bad.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eagle 1

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2721/dogf.jpg [/QUOTE

Any man that fills up at Quick Trip is good in my book.....even if he doesn't have any hair! :cool:

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eagle 1

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2721/dogf.jpg [/QUOTE

Any man that fills up at Quick Trip is good in my book.....even if he doesn't have any hair! :cool: Little bitty dude at that. Right 91 Lion? Use to be a whiskey called QT. We called it Quick Temper. It wasn't bad when I was young. Man I drank my share.

91 lion
11-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Little bitty dude at that. Right 91 Lion.

The slick head gives you a suprisingly slim profile....but that smart phone looks like a motorola beeper in those big mits of yours, so i'm not so sure! :D

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 10:50 PM
The slick head gives you a suprisingly slim profile....but that smart phone looks like a motorola beeper in those big mits of yours, so i'm not so sure! :D It's a Motorola Q. Those hamhocks have boxed a few ears in their time. Oh and I ain't slim at all. In that pic I weighed in at 335.

LionFan72
11-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Well pull me up some drumsticks kittycat, I think I found my brudder! :D :D :D :D

91 lion
11-10-2010, 10:57 PM
It's a Motorola Q. Those hamhocks have boxed a few ears in their time. Oh and I ain't slim at all. In that pic I weighed in at 335.

335..really, I wouldn't thought that you were an ounce over 305, looking at the picks;) .....all I have to say is that you wear it well, my friend.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Well pull me up some drumsticks kittycat, I think I found my brudder! :D :D :D :D Pop a top Bro. Life is good!

Rocket
11-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Uh Celina came up from 2A and played in 3 straight Championship games winning one. Maybe my logic is off but it should be harder to come up from 2A than to drop from 4A.:thinking:

Nm

Rocket
11-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Uh Celina came up from 2A and played in 3 straight Championship games winning one. Maybe my logic is off but it should be harder to come up from 2A than to drop from 4A.:thinking:

I guess 3A sucks every year.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Here comes the Village Idgit. :rolleyes:

Rocket
11-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Here comes the idgit. :rolleyes:

Nope, seems you've been here all along...

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2010, 11:06 PM
If Celina and Brownwood did meet.......

http://www.lahc.edu/classes/chemistry/arias/nuclear-explosion.jpg

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If Celina and Brownwood did meet.......

http://www.lahc.edu/classes/chemistry/arias/nuclear-explosion.jpg When Lh and Brownwood met it was http://www.lahc.edu/classes/chemistry/arias/nuclear-explosion.jpg LOL

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2010, 11:10 PM
When Lh and Brownwood met it was http://www.lahc.edu/classes/chemistry/arias/nuclear-explosion.jpg LOL
And LH/Celina - slight explosion on the DL. ;)

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Nope, seems you've been here all along... Sigh........ :tisk: :tisk: :tisk: No comprehinsion at all. That is sad. Night all. Take over Gym rat!

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And LH/Celina - slight explosion on the DL. ;) 2006 was one but I liked 2008 better.:D But the Peanut Patty head from Hobbs don't get it. :rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Night all. It was enjoyable tonight.

Pawdaddy
11-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Well, it was fun reading it while it lasted!!