PDA

View Full Version : What is a Homer and who is the worst?

Cam
11-09-2010, 04:13 PM
This should start some rumblings!......

Trashman
11-09-2010, 04:16 PM
ME!:D

Old LB
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
It's a tie between Rocket and Bleed Orange.

coach
11-09-2010, 04:21 PM
not saying they are the worst but it was bad when new orleans won the super bowl....all of a sudden everyone was a NO fan....

44INAROW
11-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
I don't even think it's anywhere near a tie........... :D

BaseballUmp
11-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Idk that Bleedorange is even the biggest homer from celina lol

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 04:44 PM
According to Webster. Homer: One who can't see any other team other than their own. Gives no credit to any other team but their own. One whose team can only be beaten by themselves. Or Rockee.:D

Looking4number8
11-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I would think in High School football the worst homer is the one that does not believe in his team. Sorry, I am a true homer, always have been, always will be! Dont wanna change!

Keith7
11-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by coach
not saying they are the worst but it was bad when new orleans won the super bowl....all of a sudden everyone was a NO fan....

thats not being a homer.. that's being a bandwagon fan..

Kinda like the "life long" red sox fans who all of a sudden were "life long" Rangers fans once they won a playoff series :doh:

Bullaholic
11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Kinda like the "life long" red sox fans who all of a sudden were "life long" Rangers fans once they won a playoff series :doh:

I still fail to understand you, Keith. Why does a longtime fan of any team get upset if a lot more people want to support their team---even if it is temporarily? Please explain the downside to your team and you for this?

MesquiteFan
11-09-2010, 05:26 PM

I say bring those people on. Why does being a fan have to be an exclusive clubhouse? I guarantee you the Rangers didn't care that maybe not all of the 53,000+ fans in attendance during the World Series were life-long fans...

coach
11-09-2010, 05:29 PM

lol i literally just woke up when i typed that...you are right...i reread it and and hoped noone would catch it....

coach
11-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
I say bring those people on. Why does being a fan have to be an exclusive clubhouse? I guarantee you the Rangers didn't care that maybe not all of the 53,000+ fans in attendance during the World Series were life-long fans...

i just hate when ppl act like they were fans forver

Keith7
11-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I still fail to understand you, Keith. Why does a longtime fan of any team get upset if a lot more people want to support their team---even if it is temporarily? Please explain the downside to your team and you for this?

because during the down years those are the same people who show up to the stadium and root against your favorite team. They are the ones who take away from the special moment that you have waited years for. They are the ones who always said the Rangers will never win. They are the ones who bought the World Series tickets and sat on their hands at the games. They take away from the REAL fans.

SintonPirateFan
11-09-2010, 05:39 PM
because during the down years those are the same people who show up to the stadium and root against your favorite team. They are the ones who take away from the special moment that you have waited years for. They are the ones who always said the Rangers will never win. They are the ones who bought the World Series tickets and sat on their hands at the games. They take away from the REAL fans.

so....the bandwagoners took away...your.......special moment with the Rangers.........?

Keith7
11-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
so....the bandwagoners took away...your.......special moment with the Rangers.........?

yes.. :mad: :mad:

wimbo_pro
11-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Yet ANOTHER Brownwood <bows head> thread started by someone other than a Brownwood <bows head> regular.

BleedOrange
11-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Old LB

Why am I a homer because I respond to the Brownwood poster's nonsense? Show me one post where I have made the ridiculous guarantees you maroon clown's have. If homer is referring to being a fan of the team where I live then guilty as charged.

Bullaholic
11-09-2010, 05:56 PM

Let me see if I can come up with an analogy that will make sense.

If you have been going for years and supporting some struggling singer or band performing in a bunch of smoky, broken-down old bars and all of a sudden they record a hit---the only ones who should be able to go to their concerts or buy their CD's should be those fans who listened to them in the small bars during their poor days???

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

LOL!:fnypost:

wimbo_pro
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Let me see if I can come up with an analogy that will make sense.

If you have been going for years and supporting some struggling singer or band performing in a bunch of smoky, broken-down old bars and all of a sudden they record a hit---the only ones who should be able to go to their concerts or buy their CD's should be those fans who listened to them in the small bars during their poor days???

No, but they should be the first to get back stage passes!!!

neck_06
11-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Rangers Fans!!!!! Or at least the ones who only realized the Rangers still had a team when they made the playoffs. :p

91 lion
11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Idk that Bleedorange is even the biggest homer from celina lol

+1

91 lion
11-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yet ANOTHER Brownwood <bows head> thread started by someone other than a Brownwood <bows head> regular.

Wimbo definitely wins the award for the most smug poster.

I do hope we meet up again good sir.

'Necks 2013-14
11-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by coach
not saying they are the worst but it was bad when new orleans won the super bowl....all of a sudden everyone was a NO fan.... That's no worse than all of the Dallas gear that gets pulled out of mothballs when they are winning! Funny how we are seeing less and less of it this season...hmmm.

1st and goal
11-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Rumor has it that you can hear the coin flip hit the ground in DKR memorial stadium before the longharns play these days....

Blue42
11-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I think the biggest Homer was floating in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade and his last name is Simpson.

wimbo_pro
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion

LOL..you mean the two teams...not us personally, right? You are relatively new here, so let me state where it is I am coming from. I respect the BW program as much as any other in Texas High School Football history. The <bows head> and other jabs are meant in good fun, mostly at my friend Rocket. Come on, you know he deserves the jabs. I know he does not represent the average poster from your town...but he does get the most attention!!!

But as far as your team...total respect for what they have done to their opponents. Just as Rocket says....dont take me too seriously.

garciap77
11-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
ME!:D
+1 :D

SintonFan
11-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion

*bows head and curtsies*:D

IHStangFan
11-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Homer, n: (hó-mĕr): one who exhibits ridiculous, boisterous, and sometimes quite absurdly unwarranted support for "their" team. Synonym: see also: Rocket

wimbo_pro
11-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
*bows head and curtsies*:D

LOLL

WAIT???? SintonFan is a chick??????

SintonFan
11-09-2010, 11:26 PM
LOLL

WAIT???? SintonFan is a chick??????

:mad: :mad: :mad:

SHOW SOME RESTRAINT!

wimbo_pro
11-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:mad: :mad: :mad:

SHOW SOME RESTRAINT!

There are no boundries in chat.

SintonFan
11-09-2010, 11:31 PM
There are no boundries in chat.

compassion?:(

carter08
11-10-2010, 01:10 AM

Shut up Wimpy.

wimbo_pro
11-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Shut up Wimpy.

I cant argue with you Carter...your still a kid. LOL

OldNavy
11-10-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm a homer, love my Bobcats, but I also like to see other teams have success. It's about the game. I like good competition. Kids well schooled in the game, that display the fundamentals of team work and sportsmanship and put their heart into it are a pleasure to watch, win or loose.

I am not in to trash talk on the field, or on the message board for that matter, although, I have to admit there are some funny trash threads on here. I think you can like your team, players and coaches without trashing others. Maybe that wouldn't be as much fun.

carter08
11-11-2010, 03:08 AM
I cant argue with you Carter...your still a kid. LOL

Learn your grammar, Old Coot.

BwdLion73
11-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Homer, n: (hó-mĕr): one who exhibits ridiculous, boisterous, and sometimes quite absurdly unwarranted support for "their" team. Synonym: see also: Rocket

:D