PDA

View Full Version : Easiest path to a state title??

Buckweed
11-09-2010, 02:52 PM
who has the easiest path to the big dance??
i think sealy does if they can get by navasota i dont see many more roadblocks after that until they play celina (my pick) in the championship.
what do you think?

JJWalker
11-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Any path through Celina or Brownwood!

DaHop72
11-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Buckweed

what do you think? Well, Bwood of course. They have already won the SC, they are just playing the games because the UIL has not seen fit to send them their trophy yet. Just ask Rockee, he will tell you. :devil: :devil: :devil:

RoyceTTU
11-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Well, Bwood of course. They have already won the SC, they are just playing the games because the UIL has not seen fit to send them their trophy yet. Just ask Rockee, he will tell you. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Which means Brownwood has the hardest path fighting an uphill battle all the way. Hop....didn't you hear Brownwood is overrated and has been. Mostly because all us "West Texans" don't know what good football is.

We are only as good as our mediocre schedules will allow:doh: :doh: :doh:

ronwx5x
11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
i think sealy does if they can get by navasota i dont see many more roadblocks after that until they play celina (my pick) in the championship.
what do you think?

Don't look past Chapel Hill.

OldNavy
11-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Don't look past Chapel Hill.

I have Chapel Hill beating Sealy in the 3rd round. I guess Sealy could have an easy path, but I don't think so.

waterboy
11-09-2010, 03:20 PM
There are no easy routes to the state championship. Some regions may be stronger than others, but they won't find out until those regions play each other in the semis.

ctown
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Ride the bench as a non-starter for Celina. Recent history proves it's a higher percentage shot at getting a state ring than playing for Brownwood....:inlove:

bobber.......(.)......((.))........

DaHop72
11-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Which means Brownwood has the hardest path fighting an uphill battle all the way. Hop....didn't you hear Brownwood is overrated and has been. Mostly because all us "West Texans" don't know what good football is.

We are only as good as our mediocre schedules will allow:doh: :doh: :doh: But Royce, haven't you heard that only Brownwood can beat Brownwood thus the Lions are already SC. The rest of the games are merely technicalities.:devil: :devil:

Old LB
11-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
There are no easy routes to the state championship. Some regions may be stronger than others, but they won't find out until those regions play each other in the semis.

+1 :thumbsup:

PPSTATEBOUND
11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
I have Chapel Hill beating Sealy in the 3rd round. I guess Sealy could have an easy path, but I don't think so.

I have Chapel Hill beating Love Joy and winning D1....Very sound and athletic team that t-totaly trounced #2 3A and is a bit under the radar IMO.

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
But Royce, haven't you heard that only Brownwood can beat Brownwood thus the Lions are already SC. The rest of the games are merely technicalities.:devil: :devil:
Well technically, Brownwood still has to play those games, however if they manage not to meet Brownwood until the title game, Brownwood will be bringing the title home.
;)

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
I have Chapel Hill beating Love Joy and winning D1....Very sound and athletic team that t-totaly trounced #2 3A and is a bit under the radar IMO.
Agree, regarding Chapel Hill, will politely disagree regarding Love Joy. :p

M-town lobo fan
11-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I say Liberty Hill,All they have to do is upset Wimberly and their in..They are 8-2 and lost to 2 scrub teams and get an easey pass what ashame if they dont make it,I will be dissapointed:D

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 03:42 PM
yeah i picked LH to make it all the way to the semis and then fall to wimberly. but a nice rebound season for the panthers after missing the postseason dance last year.

LHPfactory
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
yeah i picked LH to make it all the way to the semis and then fall to wimberly. but a nice rebound season for the panthers after missing the postseason dance last year.

That would actually be the RIV finals, game before the semis, thats if LH and Wimberley both win through RIV.... If this game takes place, I would hope for the upset.....The beauty of rivalry games is that anything can happen.

Z-RO
11-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

We are only as good as our mediocre schedules will allow:doh: :doh: :doh:

Technically I would say 6 of Brownwoods 10 games were against non-west Texas Teams

neck_06
11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
West Columbia. Region IV has NOBODY. Sinton is the toughest game and from what I've heard they've already called off practice this week and started getting ready for basketball... :stirpot:

#33 Sinton 1994
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Keep talkin Sinton will WIN u will cry! Sinton Vs Sealy reg IV after that who knows!
:)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by #33 Sinton 1994
Keep talkin Sinton will WIN u will cry! Sinton Vs Sealy reg IV after that who knows!
:) La Vernia or SA Sam Houston will be a tougher challenge than West Columbia ;)

neck_06
11-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Seriously doubt I'll cry.. :cool:

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
That would actually be the RIV finals, game before the semis, thats if LH and Wimberley both win through RIV.... If this game takes place, I would hope for the upset.....The beauty of rivalry games is that anything can happen.

yeah whoops. i was picturing the D1 bracket in my mind when i posted that. i'll pull for LH, just cause their fans were pretty cool when we played ya'll in state in '07. I can't wait for the games to start!

44INAROW
11-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
La Vernia or SA Sam Houston will be a tougher challenge than West Columbia ;)
no one believes us when we say that.. I'll just sit back and see what happens. ;)

**Not saying WC isn't tough - just that SH and LV are tougher than people think they are SH especially

'Necks 2013-14
11-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
La Vernia or SA Sam Houston will be a tougher challenge than West Columbia ;) We'll just "C" about that bro.

navscanmaster
11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Winner of Navasota/Sealy. Region IV rep will fall miserably to Region III rep. Region I rep will fall miserably to Region II rep. But Region II has some good teams in D1, and every week should have some bona fide battles.

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Who says it would be an upset? ;)

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 10:16 PM
yeah whoops. i was picturing the D1 bracket in my mind when i posted that. i'll pull for LH, just cause their fans were pretty cool when we played ya'll in state in '07. I can't wait for the games to start!

messed up again... man my mind is not right today. i meant when we played ya'll in the '06 state game.

wimbo_pro
11-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Oh hush, LHPM.

LHPfactory
11-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

SSHHH....We need to sneak up on the big bad Texans this year...

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 10:52 PM
careful or a few other teams might sneak up on the big bad panthers before you can get to the texans....or before the texans could get to you ;)

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2010, 11:04 PM
careful or a few other teams might sneak up on the big bad panthers before you can get to the texans....or before the texans could get to you ;)
Hence my tense...would, not will. ;)

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 11:23 PM
noted. :D

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 11:26 PM
yeah whoops. i was picturing the D1 bracket in my mind when i posted that. i'll pull for LH, just cause their fans were pretty cool when we played ya'll in state in '07. I can't wait for the games to start! Um that was 06. That was the year LH broke their maiden against us. 07 saw LH D1 Champs and Celina D2 Champs. But neither of us ever played anyone.

HEMOTOXIC
11-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Sealys season will end Friday. Period.

Saggy Aggie
11-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Sealys season will end Friday. Period. I think I might have to agree

SintonFan
11-10-2010, 12:38 AM

Apples and "Apples" and Oranges(orangutans in the Dub) ...

Sealy is Region 3

Sinton is Div. 1

Sam Houston is Div.2, right?
:doh:

SintonFan
11-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I think I might have to agree

Sealy by 10...:D

Tiger Dad
11-10-2010, 02:04 AM
[
B]Sealys season will end Friday. Period. [/B]

Don't count your chickens !

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
Don't count your chickens !

Don't worry, you guys seem to have done that already.

WOS87
11-10-2010, 04:07 AM

EGG-zactly! Counting chickens seems to be an epidemic this year.

Let's count the 3A playoff teams that have won titles since Brownwood's last one in 1981.. The ones that come to mind off the top of my head are Chapel Hill, Gilmer, Carthage, Wimberley, WO-S, Celina, Prosper, Cuero, Abilene Wylie, Liberty Hill, Sealy, Liberty-Eylau.... who else am I missing?

(all in jest... I still am pulling for the Lions, at least unless we meet up at the Death Star in late December) ;)

#33 Sinton 1994
11-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Everman won two before going 4A!

And I meant to post reg III Sealy vs reg IV Sinton for semi-finals!

Our old coach vs. our new coach!

Ragin Red
11-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Well, Bwood of course. They have already won the SC, they are just playing the games because the UIL has not seen fit to send them their trophy yet. Just ask Rockee, he will tell you. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Ragin Red
11-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Well, Bwood of course. They have already won the SC, they are just playing the games because the UIL has not seen fit to send them their trophy yet. Just ask Rockee, he will tell you. :devil: :devil: :devil: :fnypost:

lostaussie
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
what do you think? Chapel Hill will win this region. That is all.

Tiger Dad
11-10-2010, 08:28 AM

I don't see where anyone from Sealy has said anything in this thread.

LHPfactory
11-10-2010, 08:31 AM

No Chicken counting here..... like I said each win is a bonus....and its taken game by game....quarter by quarter....or better yet play by play....

LHPfactory
11-10-2010, 09:05 AM
My final response to this thread is that the very title is an OXYMORON.....Is there really an easy road to winning 6 games in a row this time of year???

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
I don't see where anyone from Sealy has said anything in this thread.

Not in this thread. But, come on, really?

Buckweed
11-10-2010, 10:14 AM
player for player sealy vs navasota is pretty evenly matched with sealy probably getting the slight edge. its going to come down to coaching and who makes the better adjustments throughout the game and i think sealy has the edge in this category. the only team they really struggled with in the second half of games this year was brookshire. jimmy also has plenty of experience in big games (honestly, i dont know navasota's head coaches history).