PDA

View Full Version : Lasik eye surgery

Farmersfan
11-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I go in for Lasik surgery in about 4 hours! Anyone on the forum have this done? Anything you could tell me to settle my nerves would be appreciated...............

Johnnypaycheck
11-09-2010, 11:14 AM
had it done 3 years ago. other than getting married and having kids, best thing i have ever done. well worth the money. piece of cake, no pain whatsoever. you will do great!

Old LB
11-09-2010, 11:20 AM
My dad had it this morning and is at home resting as we speak, they say it is great. :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Had it done about a year ago. No more glasses, it's been great. No worries, no pain, plus they give you a happy pill to calm you. :thumbsup: :) :) :)

Blastoderm55
11-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Had it done about a year ago. No more glasses, it's been great. No worries, no pain, plus they give you a happy pill to calm you. :thumbsup: :) :) :)

Well count me in! :D How much does the procedure typically run?

Johnnypaycheck
11-09-2010, 11:38 AM
mine was $2300 for both eyes...depends on how blind you are...

Louie13
11-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Had it done in 2000.

Piece of cake.

My advise: Don't wait until you need reading glasses. Do it in your 20's and 30's.

I can see fine far out, but I now have to wear glasses to see close up. Better to wear them than always be looking for them, so I'm now stuck wearing glasses just to keep up with them.

Blastoderm55
11-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Cool, I figured it would be around three grand.

Sville
11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I had it done in 2005. It was the best money I ever spent. No more glasses or fooling around with contacts. Mine cost $1625 an eye. I used Kleinman & Evangelista Eye Center in Arlington. They were the only ones I could find at the time that would guarantee my eyes would be 20/20 and they offered free life time enhancements if my eyes ever got worse.

Old LB
11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Sville
I had it done in 2005. It was the best money I ever spent. No more glasses or fooling around with contacts. Mine cost $1625 an eye. I used Kleinman & Evangelista Eye Center in Arlington. They were the only ones I could find at the time that would guarantee my eyes would be 20/20 and they offered free life time enhancements if my eyes ever got worse.

Glad to hear your surgery went well, do you think you could convince some of those Stephanville refs to have the surgery?:D

pancho villa
11-09-2010, 11:55 AM
My wife had it done and she loves it. Money well spent. However I tried to get her to get two other things fixed up.

Farmersfan
11-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I am having it done through Heritage Eye Center in McKinney! They have a special through my employers where they will take the 2000.00 that the insurance company will pay and 450.00 per eye from the employee! It is costing me 900.00 total for mine.
thanks for all the responses!

And if things don't work out.................It was nice SEEING everyone!!!

SintonFan
11-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I am having it done through Heritage Eye Center in McKinney! They have a special through my employers where they will take the 2000.00 that the insurance company will pay and 450.00 per eye from the employee! It is costing me 900.00 total for mine.

If you go blind, at least you don't have to watch the Cowboys the rest of the season!:thumbsup:

J/K

Good luck Farmersfan!:clap:

Tejastrue
11-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Well count me in! :D How much does the procedure typically run?

Mine was $3800 total, no insurance. Prices continue to come down. Mann Eye Institute in Austin. :) :)

Johnnypaycheck
11-09-2010, 12:10 PM

heckuva deal!!!

had mine at Lasik Vision Institute in Galleria area in Houston.

DDBooger
11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
My wife had it done and she loves it. Money well spent. However I tried to get her to get two other things fixed up. :D

Farmersfan
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
If you go blind, at least you don't have to watch the Cowboys the rest of the season!:thumbsup:

J/K

Good luck Farmersfan!:clap:

The bigger question is: Do they make a Seeing-Eye-Fish for the front of my bass boat??????

Thanks for the well wishes!

Green Bling
11-09-2010, 12:24 PM
I did it several years ago. It's been great! Relax and enjoy the Valium!!

bwdlionfan
11-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I go in for Lasik surgery in about 4 hours! Anyone on the forum have this done? Anything you could tell me to settle my nerves would be appreciated...............

I had it a year and a half ago... does not hurt one bit and only last a couple of minutes.

Charlie47
11-09-2010, 12:37 PM

I certainly wish you well. I confident that you will do well. Have a great week! :)

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Six years ago I had it done. I went from 20/200 to 20/10. I used Tylock and it was $3500.

There have been many great days in my life... Marriage, Births of Children, finally walking the stage... getting up off the couch from Lasik was right up there behind those. It was a life changer for me... basically blind without corrective lenses to seeing like a hawk. I still give thanks above for this.

I would beg/borrow/steal the money if you have to have glasses or contacts to function. The only downside I have is that in dimly lit places it takes me a bit to adjust... but not much more than it normally did. Zero pain. Recovered in one day.

Enjoy!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Well count me in! :D How much does the procedure typically run? +1 :)

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Had mine done by Harvey Gellender at the Texas Eye Institute in Dallas. I have only had vision in one eye since I was 3 years old. The other one is non-corrective. I shopped around and chose him because he is the one that fixes all the mistakes that happen in the "Meat Market" places. I only had one eye and if they screwed that up I was sunk. Best decision I ever made. I did lose up close reading vision because of my age and brittle lenses when you get older. But from 3 feet out I see like an eagle.

tog
11-09-2010, 02:04 PM
you will love it

BwdLion73
11-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Had mine done by Harvey Gellender at the Texas Eye Institute in Dallas. I have only had vision in one eye since I was 3 years old. The other one is non-corrective. I shopped around and chose him because he is the one that fixes all the mistakes that happen in the "Meat Market" places. I only had one eye and if they screwed that up I was sunk. Best decision I ever made. I did lose up close reading vision because of my age and brittle lenses when you get older. But from 3 feet out I see like an eagle.

Don't take this wrong but do they charge a set amount or by the eye. I know that sounds stupid but I was wondering.

bobcat1
11-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Don't take this wrong but do they charge a set amount or by the eye. I know that sounds stupid but I was wondering. No problem. It is by the eye.

footballgal
11-09-2010, 02:58 PM
The two popular Intra-lasek doctors here in the Valley. I am still trying to convience myself into doing it.

Manrique Custom Vision Center
Edinburg, Texas
http://manriqueeye.com/

Peņa Eye Institute
McAllen, TX
http://www.penaeye.com/html/testimonial-media.html

Both have done several Cowboys (Demarcus Ware, Austin Miles to name a few) and they both have Dallas Cowboys making commercials for them. In light of recent the Cowboys record, maybe I should see the other Doctor, :D Dr. Shaw who says no need to be famous, to get your eyes done with him.

Average price around here is pretty resaonsable, I think for me for both eyes for me it be like $1200 and that was like two years ago, I know the prices keep going down.

What I would like to know what is the difference between refractive surgery and just intra-Lasik

coach
11-09-2010, 04:22 PM

now i know why you blame everything on romo...you CANT SEE:D

coach
11-09-2010, 04:23 PM
My wife had it done and she loves it. Money well spent. However I tried to get her to get two other things fixed up.

i thought you were going to say my wife had it done then left you bc she could see what you really looked like

bwdlionfan
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by coach
i thought you were going to say my wife had it done then left you bc she could see what you really looked like

:eek: :eek:

zebrablue2
11-09-2010, 07:20 PM

after having it done, and being able to see u clearly again, am really surprised she stuck around:D

Txbroadcaster
11-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Hope it all went great FF..maybe then you will see the Cowboys better :D :D :D :D

Farmersfan
11-10-2010, 06:11 AM
UPDATE:

The surgery went perfectly. Now in recovery period. Very little discomfort during the procedure and the after effects are about like a scratched eye. It's 5 am and I still have some sensitivity to the light but that just gives me an excuse wear my awesome shades in the house!!! Thanks for all the best wishes everyone....

Tejastrue
11-10-2010, 09:07 AM
UPDATE:

The surgery went perfectly. Now in recovery period. Very little discomfort during the procedure and the after effects are about like a scratched eye. It's 5 am and I still have some sensitivity to the light but that just gives me an excuse wear my awesome shades in the house!!! Thanks for all the best wishes everyone....

Great to hear!! Probably be a few days before the eyes adjust back to the norm. Although seeing things clearly now could be a hazard to your health!! LOL