PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia vs. Somerset

LV_Bearfan
11-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Old district rivals face off. Who wins and why?

lvfan12
11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
La Vernia.... To many weapons

LV_Bearfan
11-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Agree. The Bears have finally pulled it all together.

warhorsejoe
11-09-2010, 09:15 AM
my vote:
Somerset by 3

Tejastrue
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
La Vernia by 14. Bears have come a long way on offense. This has taken a lot of pressure off the defense, left on the field for too many plays earlier in the the year.

Cam
11-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by lvfan12

What kind of weapons? Is LV a running or passing team. Don't know much about em. I know Somerset is primarily a passing team with Detmer there. Big receivers I hear. What were both teams records?

NastySlot
11-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by lvfan12

i've heard that somerset has some big time weapons in the qb dorman and three dI receivers.

SintonFan
11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Somerset QB and receivers are all over 6'5"...:eek:
La Vernia is gonna have their hands full.

Tejastrue
11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Cam
What kind of weapons? Is LV a running or passing team. Don't know much about em. I know Somerset is primarily a passing team with Detmer there. Big receivers I hear. What were both teams records?

Yes, with Somerset QB Dorman pushing 2500 yds passing and over 60% completion rate and a 1200 yd receiver.

La Vernia is more blue collar, nothing stands out. Have become very consistant of late.

Somerset 8-2

losses

Altair Rice Consolidated :crying:
Devine :crying: :confused:

La Vernia ( A strong 5-5)

losses ( 4 in first half of season)

Abilene Wylie :crying:
Canyon Lake :crying:
Wimberley :crying:
Cuero :crying:
SA Sam Houston :crying: by 2 points

BearBacker
11-09-2010, 12:52 PM
The Bears don't have any weapons. They are at their best when we can run the ball between the tackles, throw in a pass to keep the defense honest, and do not turn the ball over. Even our own fumbles that we recover take momentum away when we're driving the ball.

We will need to stop the big play for Somerset. They can throw the ball because thats what they do. We need to keep defensive assignments and not have any busted coverages, and put pressure on the qb. He can't run real well.

Go Bears!

LV_Bearfan
11-09-2010, 12:58 PM
The Bears have power up the middle, speed around the outside, multiple receivers that are not flashy but that can catch and run well, and a QB that can throw it and run it very well. Four or five turnovers a game and bonehead mistakes cost this team offensively early in the season. The worst losses were 14 pt decisions to Wylie and Wimberley early in the year.

If any one particular item works, they'll do it until you stop it. Strong RB and offensive line went up the gut for 240 yards against GZ. QB ran for big yardage against Pleasanton when they loaded up to stop the power game.

Turnovers are the X factor in this one!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Somerset

Gobbler Fan
11-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Lavernia by 7 ... tough blue collar team :clap:

hollywood
11-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Somerset

rojosgirl
11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
I'll go with da Bears.

Snotbubbles
11-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Bo over the Detmers by 5.

warhorsejoe
11-09-2010, 06:41 PM
LV better be ready to play Somerset. Somerset will be ready and they way it looks, LV will be very surprise at the end of this game. Dont underestimate da Bulldogs. I really think that this will go in Somerset's way.

Blue42
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Alright, we're talking here, live from the heart of La Vernia Texas. The city of big shoulders, and home, of course, to a certain football team, which has carved out a special place in the pantheon of high school football greats. That team, which is known the world over, as.. Da Bears!

LV_Bearfan
11-09-2010, 07:53 PM
It will be a tough game no doubt. I don't think most folks know a whole lot about Somerset, so that's why La Vernia has so many votes. These polls are really on good for generating conversation.

La Vernia has played against the Dorman kid before and had success, but he is older and wiser and has weapons. In the past, La Vernia was able to apply enough pressure to disrupt Dorman. It's yet to be seen if they can do it this year.

warhorsejoe
11-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by LV_Bearfan
It will be a tough game no doubt. I don't think most folks know a whole lot about Somerset, so that's why La Vernia has so many votes. These polls are really on good for generating conversation.

La Vernia has played against the Dorman kid before and had success, but he is older and wiser and has weapons. In the past, La Vernia was able to apply enough pressure to disrupt Dorman. It's yet to be seen if they can do it this year.

Have you ever heard "I'm surprised what a year will do".
Well Dorman has gotten that much better.

LV_Bearfan
11-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by warhorsejoe

Exactly, thus the statement "He is older and wiser and has weapons".

LV_Bearfan
11-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Did you guys beat them last year?

BurnetMom27
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
What is the time and place of the LV vs Somerset game?

LV_Bearfan
11-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by BurnetMom27
What is the time and place of the LV vs Somerset game?
Somerset Bulldogs vs La Vernia Bears, Saturday, November 13, 6:00 pm, Comalander Stadium (Blossom), San Antonio

LV_Bearfan
11-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Did you guys beat them last year?

I'm only asking because I was curious and couldn't find the score on Google. Did Devine lose to Somerset this year? I can't remember who lost to whom out of the top three in your district.

banderafan
11-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Somerset wins this one! You can thank me later Bears fans, I'm like 0-10 on my predictions this year.

warhorsejoe
11-09-2010, 10:03 PM
banderafan you need to pick Cuero over Devine. and I'll thank you now.:)

Third
11-09-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm only asking because I was curious and couldn't find the score on Google. Did Devine lose to Somerset this year? I can't remember who lost to whom out of the top three in your district.

Devine beat Somerset 26-21 or something like that. Somerset beat Hondo 33-14? can't recall score and Hondo crushed Devine 48-21. Go figure.

Tejastrue
11-09-2010, 11:21 PM
banderafan you need to pick Cuero over Devine. and I'll thank you now.:)

Banderafan needs some love!! :kiss: :kiss:

With that 0-10 season, there is a high risk for confusion.

You are going to pick Cuero!! Say it again. You are going to pick Cuero!! :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

Yes, I know this is a La Vernia, Somerset thread. Just playing along!! :) :D :doh: :rolleyes:

Blue42
11-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Banderafan needs some love!! :kiss: :kiss:

With that 0-10 season, there is a high risk for confusion.

You are going to pick Cuero!! Say it again. You are going to pick Cuero!! :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

Yes, I know this is a La Vernia, Somerset thread. Just playing along!! :) :D :doh: :rolleyes:
Yes that was the regular season and he picked Bandera to win all 10 games that's not bad luck just wishful thinking.

warhorsejoe
11-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Where is all the Somerset and La Vernia fans?????

I cant do this all by myself here (Somerset). D27 we need you to step it up!!!!:devil:

44INAROW
11-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Where is all the Somerset and La Vernia fans?????

I cant do this all by myself here (Somerset). D27 we need you to step it up!!!!:devil:

come on Somerset and LV fans - Warhorsejoe needs some backup :)

lvfan12
11-11-2010, 12:44 PM
It will be a hard fought game no doubt... the bears will be ready for anything and everything and will play smash mouth la vernia football. Dorman has never beat the bears and the bears want to keep him coming up short again this year... should be a game to see

LV_Bearfan
11-11-2010, 01:30 PM
These guys at 5-5 have been through many battles together, and they have not once quit on each other. The character built during a season of constant adversity starts to pay off this week.

GO BEARS!