PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado v.s Mineral Wells...who wins?

carlmc11
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
:o

bowleghorses
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
alvarado

carlmc11
11-08-2010, 10:01 PM
By how much?? What does alvarado have?

BLACK ATTACK
11-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Alvarado by 20. MW is not that good

bowleghorses
11-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by carlmc11
By how much?? What does alvarado have?

14-20 pts. they are salty.

Inmateboss
11-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I'll go with Mineral Wells, just because!!!

BLACK ATTACK
11-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
I'll go with Mineral Wells, just because!!!

as long as you aren't betting actual money

d0tc0m
11-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah I went with mineral wells in my bracket, just cause I figured no one would pick them and I could get some major points! Buuuuut I'm thinking the rams are gonna be outmatched in this one.

Inmateboss
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
as long as you aren't betting actual money

No, Moon pie and an RC Cola!!

BLACK ATTACK
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
No, Moon pie and an RC Cola!!

That'll work

GrTigers6
11-09-2010, 06:42 AM
After watching both teams, I think the rams, yet improved since we played them, are no match for alvarado on paper. But like Chris Berman says "thats why they play the game"
My Guess
Alvarado 40
Mineral Wells 17

mwrams
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Been watching the Rams practice and they BELIEVE...!!!!
If you saw them early in the season...they have improved alot! 3 out of their 4 losses were to current playoff teams. In addition 3 of the 6 wins are also teams in the playoffs. Don't count my Rams out. The defense has been salty against the run.
I'm picking my Rams
Mineral Wells 35
Alvarado 30

BullBoy
11-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by mwrams
Been watching the Rams practice and they BELIEVE...!!!!
If you saw them early in the season...they have improved alot! 3 out of their 4 losses were to current playoff teams. In addition 3 of the 6 wins are also teams in the playoffs. Don't count my Rams out. The defense has been salty against the run.
I'm picking my Rams
Mineral Wells 35
Alvarado 30

can't over look those pesky rams, their record is decieving! i think only one team really blew them out this season (Argyle), all the other games they lost were close games that were decided by a questionable call or a play that went wrong. should be a pretty good game, i think miserable smells has a chance to win it but their QB will need to play better.

mwrams
11-09-2010, 09:13 AM
The Rams were keeping it close with Argyle until right before the half. The Rams have had a few calls by the officials that could have decided a different outcome. A long kickoff return called back against Graham (official said player called fair catch) film review showed the return should have been allowed. They dropped like 10 passes in a row aginst Glen Rose. RB Poole did not play aginst Argyle or Iowa Park. This team was only 15 points from being 9-1. But, all that is past history! Its time to pony up!!!
GO BIG RED!!! BEAT THE INDIANS! YOUR TIME HAS COME!!!!

BLACK ATTACK
11-09-2010, 09:46 AM
The Rams were keeping it close with Argyle until right before the half. The Rams have had a few calls by the officials that could have decided a different outcome. A long kickoff return called back against Graham (official said player called fair catch) film review showed the return should have been allowed. They dropped like 10 passes in a row aginst Glen Rose. RB Poole did not play aginst Argyle or Iowa Park. This team was only 15 points from being 9-1. But, all that is past history! Its time to pony up!!!

OK, whatever makes you feel good.:rolleyes:

mwrams
11-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Ok black attack (Argyle)
The score at the end of the 1st qtr. was Mineral Wells 6 Argyle 0
Then 2 long TD receptions for Argyle made it 14-6. At he half Argyle was up 20-13. The Rams down fall came in the 3rd as they scored 21 answered point. I have to give ya those!
We may not be a power house but we are better than we have been the last few years and we have improved greatly since the Argyle game.
However, after playing in 4A for the last 20 or so years against the likes of Aledo, Stephenville & Everman I would say in 4A Argyle would be a 5-5 team. But good luck to you guys in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BullBoy
11-09-2010, 10:48 AM

what about the 3 yard punt against iowa park?:D

BullBoy
11-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Ok black attack (Argyle)
Then 2 long TD receptions for Argyle made it 14-6. At he half Argyle was up 20-13. The Rams down fall came in the 3rd as they scored 21 answered point. I have to give ya those!
We may not be a power house but we are better than we have been the last few years and we have improved greatly since the Argyle game.
However, after playing in 4A for the last 20 or so years against the likes of Aledo, Stephenville & Everman I would say in 4A Argyle would be a 5-5 team.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

them's fightin' words there!

Bullaholic
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I'd love to see our fellow 7-3A neighbors win this one, which could happen. However, both of these teams have some good athletes and maybe I was impressed too much by one Alvarado kid, Bates--the WR/DB. This kid can be a difference maker in any game he plays. I think Alvarado squeaks by the Rams by 7.

GrTigers6
11-09-2010, 11:07 AM
If your talking about number 2, he is one heck of an athlete. I saw him catch a pass with one hand over his head and a little behind him. Kinda showing off. And I would too. :D

BullBoy
11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
:( i only wish there were 3 of me so i could go watch Celina vs Sanger, Mineral Wells vs Alvarado and Bridgeport vs West all at the same time..:(

BLACK ATTACK
11-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok black attack (Argyle)
However, after playing in 4A for the last 20 or so years against the likes of Aledo, Stephenville & Everman I would say in 4A Argyle would be a 5-5 team. But good luck to you guys in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rams downfall was that the game was ever played in the first place. You probably have to give me all the points considering that there were 47 scored. Which could have easily been 67 if guys I never heard of had not played.
As for playing in 4A, I think only a 5-5 record is questionable. But is doesn't really matter because we don't play in 4A. But, I can promise you whatever the record would be, it would be better than the 3-7 MW has had for the last whatever years.

Alvarado stomps you guys!

mwrams
11-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Always hating!
I do believe the winner of this game could be the regional rep out of region 1.

partimefan
11-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Yep! Alvarado will be the Region 1 Rep!

garciap77
11-09-2010, 01:04 PM
MW by 20!

BullBoy
11-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
MW by 20! :eek:

BLACK ATTACK
11-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Always hating!

We might actually agree on something here. Congratulations Alvarado!

Not hating, just stating pure fact!

mwrams
11-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Well if the girls varsity score is any indication:
At the half:
Mineral wells lady rams 48
Alvarado lady Indians 8
Mineral wells is for real in 2010!!!

Sweetwater Red
11-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Always hating!

I do too. I have Alvarado reaching the semi-finals in my DI bracket. If Mineral Wells blows up
my bracket in the 1st round then you will really start to see me "hating" :mad: ;)

Inmateboss
11-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
MW by 20!

:iagree:

mwrams
11-09-2010, 08:18 PM
End of the 3rd
Mw 67
Alvarado 12

Devonplp
11-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Alvarado too strong for the Rams. May be close for a quarter or so but this is one of the best week of practices we've had. Carrying the momentum into the playoffs.

I've got Alvarado 35

Mineral Wells 10

ahs_indian_fan
11-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't get too excited about beating our girls basketball team this year. New coach, only three seniors and one junior on the team.

As for the game Friday, I think Alvarado will win, but it won't be easy.

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
:( i only wish there were 3 of me so i could go watch Celina vs Sanger, Mineral Wells vs Alvarado and Bridgeport vs West all at the same time..:(

agreed. that's the only bad thing about playoffs...there's too many good games and not enough time to watch them all. speaking of that though, are there any good ones on thursday in the DFW area?

mwrams
11-10-2010, 07:41 AM
The weather may come into play in this one. Either way let me just say congratulations to the Rams. You have come a long way from back to back 1-9 seasons just two years ago in 4A. These kids believe and that is a big part of the game. Home town coach Chuck Lawrence has found another gear and is shifting in to overdive!!!

WE BELIEVE TOO!!!!
GO BIG RED!!! BEAT ALVARADO!!!!

BullBoy
11-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
are there any good ones on thursday in the DFW area?

I think the Division II State Champion Brownwood Lions play some poor little team from the north tomorrow in Springtown, but that won't be a good game at all according to some posters and based on the way thay talk about it that game is going to be 350-14 at the half in favor of the chosen ones.:(

other than that i really don't know of any other games, i think there is a thread with all the playoff info floating around here somewhere.:D

Devonplp
11-12-2010, 06:12 PM
bumb

ccmom
11-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Is there a webcast of this game?