PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait ...

JJWalker
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM
for some wind and weather to start affecting the outcome of some of the playoff games.

I love it when teams like Celina and Brownwood get out manuvered and lose in a shocking turn of the weather.

AngeloState39
11-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
for some wind and weather to start affecting the outcome of some of the playoff games.

I love it when teams like Celina and Brownwood get out manuvered and lose in a shocking turn of the weather. not even mother nature can defeat the almighty brownwood. :dispntd:

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Brownwood creates weather. If they want to.

Tin Cup
11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Line up and beat me. Don't pray for bad weather so you have a chance. Just sayin...

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Line up and beat me. Don't pray for bad weather so you have a chance. Just sayin...

I will be interested to see what Brownwood does if they line up with somebody who has the size to pound on them and the speed to cover them---if such a team exists. We shall see.

Tin Cup
11-08-2010, 10:11 PM
We don't play Katy of Trinity this year so we are good :D :D

JJWalker
11-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Looks like rain in both Springtown and Denton on Thursday and Friday. :clap:

I'm gonna love it when two undefeated teams are eliminated in round 1. :eek:

NastySlot
11-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Brownwood used to date Mother Nature and then dumped her.

RoyceTTU
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Looks like rain in both Springtown and Denton on Thursday and Friday. :clap:

I'm gonna love it when two undefeated teams are eliminated in round 1. :eek:

Some of the best passing games come in the rain because the defenders can't react without slipping. Major advantage for the receiver.

GrTigers6
11-09-2010, 11:41 AM

I love it when teams like Celina and Brownwood get out manuvered and lose in a shocking turn of the weather. That's 80% of the reason we lost to llano 2 years ago. Wind was 30-40mph and we were a primary pass team. So we couldn't counter llano's powerful run offense.
It definetly plays a factor

hollywood
11-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Brownwood can not only throw, but can run, run, run if they want to. They have at least 5 RB's, not to mention a very mobile QB, that can take it to the house on any given play.

Next.

Sville
11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
The only way that Brownwood does not win a SC is if they suffer devastating injuries to their 2 or 3 best players. And considering the bad luck they have suffered through in that dept over the last several years they are due not to have any of those.

The Lions could lineup in a Wildcat with Ship at QB flanked by Ratliff and Longoria and make any team hollar uncle, if they had to.

HeavyD
11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Normally, this would be tough for a passing team like Bwd. But, anyone who has seen them knows that making BWD run is also not good for ur defense. This team can and has ran through #38 before. Be careful what u guys wish for. Making Bwd run is not a slow death either, they can score almost as fast as they do when throwing.

GrTigers6
11-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Brownwood don't have to pass to be successful. Thata what makes them my favorite to win it all

Pendragon13
11-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Anyone looking to slow down or stop Brownwood's offense should probably watch game film of the Wylie-Brownwood game. It may look strange, but Sandifer's unconventional defense with only one down lineman and everyone else playing safety/linebacker could be successful with the right personell on the field. With quick, hard hitting players you could defend the run, and with ball hawk DB's and well timed blitzes you could slow down the passing attack.

Not saying it would be the "answer" but with the right kind of athletes a team could put themselves in position to win. Shipley is going to catch anything near him, the key is containing Brown and keeping him off balance.

HeavyD
11-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Anyone looking to slow down or stop Brownwood's offense should probably watch game film of the Wylie-Brownwood game. It may look strange, but Sandifer's unconventional defense with only one down lineman and everyone else playing safety/linebacker could be successful with the right personell on the field. With quick, hard hitting players you could defend the run, and with ball hawk DB's and well timed blitzes you could slow down the passing attack.

Not saying it would be the "answer" but with the right kind of athletes a team could put themselves in position to win. Shipley is going to catch anything near him, the key is containing Brown and keeping him off balance.

The problem with that is giving up 8 yrds per rush

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 12:19 PM

I love it when teams like Celina and Brownwood get out manuvered and lose in a shocking turn of the weather.

Dude, what are you smoking? We're playing against Sanger, not Mother Nature!
Are you saying that Celina or BW are going to effected MORE by the weather than their opponents? Anyway, I think the worse the weather MAY get, the more it favors either one of these well-balanced teams.
I think the only weather related 'out-maneuvering' will be done by Sanger fans leaving early ;)

Pendragon13
11-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
The problem with that is giving up 8 yrds per rush With the right kinds of players it wouldn't have to be that way. Again, it may not be the answer as an every down defense, just soemthing to consider. Even coach Shipley said it was fairly successful and caused some confusion.

partimefan
11-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Anyone looking to slow down or stop Brownwood's offense should probably watch game film of the Wylie-Brownwood game.

What a novel idea. I'll call our coaches and tell them to watch the film from the other team's games. I bet they never thought of doing that!

;)

Old LB
11-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure about Celina but I would be willing to bet you have not seen the beginning of offensive plays Brownwood is capable of. They have only been in two games that were close at any point and they have won with the basics so far. When it comes time to adjust it will happen. Injuries would be my main concern, other than that they can compete with the best.

LionFan72
11-09-2010, 01:02 PM

And just tell me, how did that work out for your team?

garciap77
11-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
not even mother nature can defeat the almighty brownwood. :dispntd:

:evillol:

JJWalker
11-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Dude, what are you smoking? We're playing against Sanger, not Mother Nature!
Are you saying that Celina or BW are going to effected MORE by the weather than their opponents? Anyway, I think the worse the weather MAY get, the more it favors either one of these well-balanced teams.
I think the only weather related 'out-maneuvering' will be done by Sanger fans leaving early ;)
I guess weather didn't help Kennedale's game plan last year?

Somehow ... I think it helped.

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I guess weather didn't help Kennedale's game plan last year?

Somehow ... I think it helped.
Ouch! However, unless their game plan was to have 3 1st downs, 95 yds total offense, with about 40 coming on 1 play, with their only td coming on a punt return, then NO, I don't think weather aided them a whole lot.

Celina imploded that night, in what will go down as perhaps the strangest outcome, and worst performances, coaches included, in team history... still stings!

JJWalker
11-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Ouch! However, unless their game plan was to have 3 1st downs, 95 yds total offense, with about 40 coming on 1 play, with their only td coming on a punt return, then NO, I don't think weather aided them a whole lot.

Celina imploded that night, in what will go down as perhaps the strangest outcome, and worst performances, coaches included, in team history... still stings!
Only Celina beats Celina! ;)

Rocket
11-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Brownwood is an offensive machine. Run and Pass...EFFECTIVELY, EFFICIENTLY, and WITH FORCE.

Rocket
11-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
not even mother nature can defeat the almighty brownwood. :dispntd:

The last time I checked, both teams have to play in whatever weather there is.

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood is an offensive machine. Run and Pass...EFFECTIVELY, EFFICIENTLY, and WITH FORCE.
OK....

BwdLion73
11-09-2010, 03:39 PM
One of the best Quotes I heard about the weather affecting the game came from Coach Wood after a close loss in a blinding rain storm. Dallas Huston was lamenting about the terrible field conditions and how it could have cost us the game. Coach Wood said "you know, it was raining just as hard on their end of the field". :thinking:

JJWalker
11-11-2010, 11:30 AM
... to hear the excuses tonight!!! Woulda Shoulda Coulda

Rocket
11-11-2010, 11:51 AM
... to hear the excuses tonight!!! Woulda Shoulda Coulda

... For the Lions to shut the hatrers up, once again.

WildTexan972
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
having a good team every 20-30 years is "once again"???

Bosqueville
11-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Does a good team mean only winning state championships??

Gsquared
11-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Does a good team mean only winning state championships??
Ill answer that, no!!! There are tons of teams out there that are known for being GREAT programs and have no rings to show for it. Sometimes a state championship is icing on the cake. That being said, I think every teams goal to start the year should be a state title.

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
... For the Lions to shut the hatrers up, once again.
Don't confuse people who are not fond of you, with 'hating' the kids that actually play the game. They sound like a good group of kids, working hard to achieve something very special, and I wish them all the best... unfortunately you make that slightly more difficult.
cheers

Rocket
11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Kind of hard to differentiate people that want Brownwood to lose because of a fan and ones that want Brownwood to lose because they want them to lose. :rolleyes:

I can't wait for Brownwood to hang 55 on this sorry, dirty playing IP team in the first half. And also 75 as I type this in the 3rd Qtr...