PDA

View Full Version : Macarthur!

Gsquared
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Forgot to tell ya, your a genius!!! You called Aggie over Sooner!!!!!!

Macarthur
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I just wish I had gone to Vegas and put my money where my mouth is. :)

I gotta tell ya, I've had a feeling about Tannehill for some time. I've read up on him and talked to some folks that have a bit of exposure to the program. There have been rumors all season that the team felt Tannehill gave them a better chance to win. Not that anyone didn't like JJ. JJ is a great aggie.

The kid is very athletic and he has a really good release. He doesn't have a great arm, but his release is so quick, the ball gets on WRs really quickly and accurately.

Now, he made some errors that will need to coached out of him, but making some mistkes against a Stoops defense in your 2nd career start is somewhat understandable.

The elephant in the room though, is you have to wonder if Sherman had made this move sooner....I think they win the OSU game and possibly the Arkansas game. Mizzou kinda got away from them, but if Tannehill gets the nod earlier, you are looking at potentially an 8-1 aggie team or 7-2 at worst, and leading the Big 12 South. :eek:

You wonder if that decision, or lack of decision, might cost Sherman a chance at the South title?