PDA

View Full Version : This is GREATNESS!

MesquiteFan
11-08-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIdI8khMkw

Driscoll Middle School trick play.

Not sure this is legal in the NFL but this is awesome!

BaseballUmp
11-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Haha wow those kids are dumb, I would have blasted him lol

RoyceTTU
11-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Ha,

At the Early vs. Brady 8th grade game this happened twice.

The first time the center raised up and handed the ball to the QB, the QB walked to the sideline as if he was talking to the coach and then tried to run. The Early DB talkled him immediatly but everyone was lost. There ended up being an offside call on the Offense that overshadowed the play.

The second time, Brady QB got the ball and stood there for about 5 seconds, everyone was lost except 1 Early DB, he came from his safety spot and drilled the QB. It was a vicious hit. Early got a flag for unnecessary ruffness, I came unglued.

SintonFan
11-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Dang! That went viral and now that kid has been on many major news networks.:clap:

MUSTANG69
11-10-2010, 01:17 PM
I was listening to a radio interview with a high school referee official. Can't remember his name but he also advises the NCAA and NFL on rules and rule changes. He said they reviewed this play and it was illegal. He also said that he probably would not have called it if he was officiating because it so unusual.:thinking:

Pick6
11-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I was listening to a radio interview with a high school referee official. Can't remember his name but he also advises the NCAA and NFL on rules and rule changes. He said they reviewed this play and it was illegal. He also said that he probably would not have called it if he was officiating because it so unusual.:thinking:

some officials on the news last night said the play itself is legal, but the way they ran it was illegal. The coach was screaming at the kid to move the ball 5 yards for a penalty. Official said that an opposing coach can't decieve the other team.

icu812
11-10-2010, 01:29 PM
I think its chicken xxxx. Coaches should be embarressed to run a play like that. Why waste coaching time learning that when you could be teaching blocking/tackling. That play has nothing to do with football.

Here is another stupid play with backflips!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Backflips-on-two-point-conversion-draw-flags-ej?urn=highschool-283559

MUSTANG69
11-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
some officials on the news last night said the play itself is legal, but the way they ran it was illegal. The coach was screaming at the kid to move the ball 5 yards for a penalty. Official said that an opposing coach can't decieve the other team.

The guy I was listening to said that the QB did not receive the snap in the right place so when he step forward he became a lineman. Way above my head.

defense51
11-10-2010, 04:01 PM
anyone know who won the game? Was this play a difference in the game? The coach who ran this is suspect and probably deserved a kick in the tail afterwards, but kids have to know when the ball moves it's game time... Most coaches who have to resort to this type of play are second rate coaches!!!

MesquiteFan
11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
What would have made this really funny was if one of the defensive players just came up and hit that quarterback in the mouth while he was trying to be all sneaky...

Ernest T Bass
11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Kids like running trick plays. The crazier the better, and when they work, the kids LOVE it. Maybe he was just trying to have some fun. Besides, if running trick plays is the way to beat you, that's all I'll run when I play you.

Pick6
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by defense51
anyone know who won the game? Was this play a difference in the game? The coach who ran this is suspect and probably deserved a kick in the tail afterwards, but kids have to know when the ball moves it's game time... Most coaches who have to resort to this type of play are second rate coaches!!!

ended in a tie, 6-6

Old Tiger
11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Haha wow those kids are dumb, I would have blasted him lol you would have gotten a 15 yard penalty for coming onto the playing field from the sideline.

Phil C
11-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by defense51

It was a 6-6 tie as pointed out but this was for the championship. The other team (that did not run the trick play) was awarded the championship because they had more penetrations. Perhaps some poetic justice. Driscoll gets the play but the other team gets the trophy. :)

MesquiteFan
11-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It was a 6-6 tie as pointed out but this was for the championship. The other team (that did not run the trick play) was awarded the championship because they had more penetrations. Perhaps some poetic justice. Driscoll gets the play but the other team gets the trophy. :)

Dricoll also gets the publicity ;)