PDA

View Full Version : District 8-3A

playpepper
09-28-2001, 09:57 AM
8-3A is shaping up to be one of the best districts in Region 1. Alvarado and its 4-A enrollment is by far the favorite. The only question is if they can keep the city away from firing the new coach. Hillsboro and their no huddle offense compliments their defense perfectly. Kennedale also has a new offense that is more suited for their style of kids. Ferris is going through some growing pains but the head coach seems to still have them focused. Four very good teams. Three playoff spots. Who will be sitting at home come playoff time?

------------------

Matthew328
09-28-2001, 12:06 PM
I think Alvarado and Kennedale are the 2 best teams...Ferris and Hillsboro are a toss up...I think Ferris is gonna get the third spot..

Jacket2000
09-28-2001, 02:46 PM
If Ferris makes the playoffs, I will be VERY suprised. Im thinking Alvarado, Hillsboro, Kennedale,in that order. Whitney wont win a district game, Venus could pull off an upset against Ferris, but probably not.
J2K

lugnut
10-01-2001, 09:21 AM
Surprised Jacket??? Surprised by the fact that the defense is VASTLY improved over last year...mainly due to the fact that when the starters need a break, there are quality backups to come in. Depth was a problem last year..particularly in their linebackers and secondary. If a starter needed a breather there was NO ONE who could step in and help. Those positions are all 2 deep this year. Offense is coming back to full strength. No, the guns from last year aren't back, but there are some quality replacements. I'm just curious Jacket...what is your prediction based upon?

BigBalls
10-01-2001, 10:09 AM
You tell him lugnut. That defense is awesome baby. Jacket2000 quit smoking dope.
It is really beginning to mess you up. Don't worry the jackets will be there in the end.

BigBalls
10-01-2001, 01:16 PM
Where are you Jacket2000? Have you finally decided to keep quiet? Do you now realize that the jackets are for real? Or are you hiding and waiting till this week to talk some more of your b.s.

Jacket2000
10-01-2001, 06:02 PM
What the hell are you idiots talking about? Please tell me why I should be suprised that you beat Carter-Riverside. You've beaten Royse City, Castleberry, and Riverside. You and everyone else in the state. You'll probably beat QF too. But that'll be the end of the line, more than likely. Hillsboro is much improved, as is Kennedale, and Alvarado will contend for the Div 1 title. So it looks like the #4 spot for y'all.
J2K
PS: Why do some people have to be such idiots?

deliriousmaniac
10-01-2001, 07:05 PM
Sounds like someone in this room is rooting for Ferris, eh Jacket? I don't have an opinion on the subject just thought i'd mention that.

lugnut
10-02-2001, 07:42 AM
You know...with the name Jacket2000, something tells me you may have either played or been close to that team at some time in the past. If that's the case, is the team suddenly horrible because you graduated or left or whatever the case may be? You know, things can go on without you.

BigBalls
10-02-2001, 08:44 AM
Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers jacket2000....but is lugnut right? With a name like yours I would think you would be pulling for the jackets. remember this is for fun. No need to swear.

Remember: Bigballs has all the fun!

lugnut
10-02-2001, 09:32 AM
Really J2K....you need to relax and have a little fun with this. You don't want people to believe that this is all you have to look forward to. Just remember all of us have our opinion...nobody knows for sure.

Idiot
10-02-2001, 10:00 AM
You know Jacket i use to think it was Rambo and Bigdawg that was the "junior high" posters but i am about to decide it wasnt those two after all.

playpepper
10-02-2001, 10:11 AM
According to some quick research that i have done on the collier-sharp website, the Ferris team from last year also beat and lost to the same teams as this years team. How then can you discredit what this years team has done when last years went 3 rounds deep? Instead of tearing down a team and several people who have responded to this post why don,t you just build up the other teams that i had mentioned above.

lugnut
10-02-2001, 10:22 AM
Good point Playpepper....think there may be some type of sour grapes in the bunch???

BigBalls
10-02-2001, 11:08 AM
Not sour grapes lugnut ......... just sour balls.

lugnut
10-02-2001, 11:15 AM
Great one BigBalls...and remember "There are no stupid football players"

BigBalls
10-02-2001, 11:29 AM
Whoever said that is an idiot....there are only idiots.

Jacket2000
10-02-2001, 01:33 PM
If I remember correctly, I simply stated my opinion that Ferris would not go to the playoffs. Then you two dimwits suggested that I was abusing narcotics,that my opinion was BS, etc... . When I am approached in a hostile manner, I will respond in a hostile manner.
AS for my opinion, I do not have to explain or defend it. But I will, nonetheless. Yes, Ferris has lost to/defeated the same teams as the 2000 edition. However, from what Ive heard from those who have seen the 2001 edition, and from what Ive seen from this year's edition myself, Ferris has lost a few steps. To make matters worse, Hillsboro, and especially Kennedale and Alvarado, have made huge improvments. As has Venus, but I dont think they will be much of a force. So, if there are 3 teams better than you, it would be safe to assume that you would get the 4th place spot.
J2K

[This message has been edited by Jacket2000 (edited October 02, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jacket2000 (edited October 02, 2001).]

lugnut
10-03-2001, 07:41 AM
Fair enough Jacket...and no, you don't have to defend your position. I would appreciate that the childish name calling cease however as I did not refer to you personally on any level.

It is to be expected that Ferris would be a little slower on offense in that only 3 returning starters are back, but they are starting to pick up the system. One mistake you are making is that the defense is down. The defense is better...MUCH better. The secondary returned intact, the linebackers are far better technique players than the ones from last year, and the linemen are dominating the line of scrimmage. Don't let the Chapel Hill score fool you about the defense. Any one who observed that game will tell you it was mistakes and not defense that cost the Jackets that game.

So yes Jacket, you are entitled to your opinion...but isn't it also true that opinions mean virtually nothing and that only results are what will count in the end?

BigBalls
10-03-2001, 08:42 AM
AMEN brother lugnut. I couldn't agree with you more. The offense is sputtering but it is showing signs of improvement. Anyone who can put 43 points on the board in a single game and not have its starters in the fourth quarter is not bad. Come see a game jacket2000 and make up your mind about the jackets. Don't go by what you read in the paper or what others tell you.

Jacket2000
10-03-2001, 12:16 PM
I have seen a game, and I wasnt imrpressed at all. But then again, I thought they'd be semifinalists last year, and in the playoffs in '99(I still think they should have been...both ofém). So, my predictions on Ferris havent been accurate thus far.
J2K

lugnut
10-03-2001, 12:57 PM
Just curious Jacket...what is it about them other than the fact that they are young on offense that is so unimpressive?

BigBalls
10-03-2001, 01:26 PM
I would like to know that as well lugnut. The jackets haven't put up the offensive numbers so far but the defense and special teams (except game 1) have been exceptional. I read they also haven't had their starting tailback. Is he back and healthy? If he is watch out. I saw him last year and he is pretty good.

Jacket2000
10-03-2001, 06:10 PM
Well, I'll tell ya. I saw the Royse City game. Yes, it was a shut out, but ALL of RC's games were shut outs untill Castleberry; and RC was moving the ball alot better than I expected they would against Ferris. They just couldnt put it in the end zone. So, that, plus a less-than-potent offense, is what keep them from impressing me. At least on that night. Like I said, Ive been wrong about them two years in a row, maybe they can make it three.
J2K

BigBalls
10-04-2001, 08:43 AM
That is pretty good of you jacket2000. It takes a pretty big person to admit that they can be wrong. Are you going to the game this Friday? I am going and would like to compare notes with you. Are you interested?

Jacket2000
10-04-2001, 10:34 PM
Im thinking about it, but the Everman-Hachie game is looking pretty tempting.I'm sure I'll be at the Kennedale game though.
J2K

BigBalls
10-05-2001, 11:18 AM
Everman and Waxahachie game won't be good. Waxahachie has too much this year. Come see the jackets it will be worth the money.