ccmom
11-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Thursday, November 11th
Mineral Wells
7:30pm

Who wins and why?

Bosqueville
11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
I really want to say Wylie but something tells me they've cashed it in for '10. Burk by 7.

RoyceTTU
11-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I bet the bulldogs win this one. :D :D :D

I was looking at Burkburnett schedule and their record is little indication of what kind of team this might be. They have lost to some good teams.

Wylie will need to be focused to win this one because Burk has found a way to start winning as of late.

I still pick Wylie but not by much.

BwdLions
11-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Wylie wins this one 21-7.

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Burk has got some good athletes. Unfortunately, they are heavily one-dimensional with the run and do not pass well when they need it. Still, it appears that the Burk running game has gotten on track well enough later in the season to put some points on the board quickly enough to get the wins. This one should be close---I'd like to see Burk pull off the win, but I'm going to say Wylie by 7 because they are the more versatile team.

RoyceTTU
11-08-2010, 10:46 AM
FYI-

The stadium will look like a home game for Burk, because Wylie aparantly isn't supporting their team this year. They didn't fill up the home side against Brownwood and this was for a tie for District Champs.

CCMOM and Garcia77, what happened to the Wylie Fans, did they pack it in after a rocky start. I don't understand, ya'll are still in the fight.

ccmom
11-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
FYI-

The stadium will look like a home game for Burk, because Wylie aparantly isn't supporting their team this year. They didn't fill up the home side against Brownwood and this was for a tie for District Champs.

CCMOM and Garcia77, what happened to the Wylie Fans, did they pack it in after a rocky start. I don't understand, ya'll are still in the fight.

Here's my two cents....

The biggest reason for the lack of fans at games is because they are SPOILED. 17 years straight is a long playoff run, and people get used to winning.

Another thing that hurt Friday night's attendance is that a number of the season ticket holders were in S'ville at the volleyball playoff game. Those girls have a shot at making history.

As I said though, overall....it just comes down to fans that are spoiled, I'm sad to say. My group however was there til the bitterly COLD end. Brrrrrr

A Thursday night away game might not draw much of a crowd though, no matter what kind of season we are having. We'll be there, but it'll be tough for lots of folks to make that trip.

Go Bulldogs!! :clap:

RoyceTTU
11-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Here's my two cents....

The biggest reason for the lack of fans at games is because they are SPOILED. 17 years straight is a long playoff run, and people get used to winning.

Another thing that hurt Friday night's attendance is that a number of the season ticket holders were in S'ville at the volleyball playoff game. Those girls have a shot at making history.

As I said though, overall....it just comes down to fans that are spoiled, I'm sad to say. My group however was there til the bitterly COLD end. Brrrrrr

A Thursday night away game might not draw much of a crowd though, no matter what kind of season we are having. We'll be there, but it'll be tough for lots of folks to make that trip.

Good Luck in rallying the support. It's a lot more fun for the kids to play in front of a packed house.

DaHop72
11-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Here's my two cents....

:iagree: When you've had the success the Bulldogs have had for so long I guess some people can't handle the losing. But, this is the time that the boys find out who the real fans are and who the bandwagon, fair weather fans are as well.

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Here's my two cents....

ccmom, I think every town's team who hits a down season experiences fan apathy to some degree--- with some more than others. I think fair-weather fans have become more prevalent in recent years, however. Winning cures all and I have no doubt that the Wylie faithfull will return to the seats when that happens again. I just wish the Bulls could have hit the heights that Wylie fans have enjoyed some of those 17 years---although I will say that Bulls fans are very faithfull even in our less than outstanding years and we still typically bring a bunch even to away games. Best of luck to the Bulldogs in the playoffs.

ccmom
11-08-2010, 11:34 AM
We have a little history with Burkburnett, having played them in 2007 and 2009, although those were later round games.

Do they still have the same coach and run the same offense? Do they run the ball most of the time? Tell us what to expect...

MesquiteFan
11-08-2010, 11:54 AM
ccmom, any word on if Joe Nasser will play? I know he was banged up, but if he plays I'll take Wylie by 10.

Also, I know all about the fan support issue. Mesquite High made the playoffs every year during the 2000s and the last two years, they have gone like 1-9 and 2-8. You still see the "old Skeeters" at games but many of the fans have stopped coming.

Hopefully, Wylie fans can realize that they still have a great program and tradition and the kids need their support no matter what.

Pendragon13
11-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
ccmom, any word on if Joe Nasser will play? I know he was banged up, but if he plays I'll take Wylie by 10.

Also, I know all about the fan support issue. Mesquite High made the playoffs every year during the 2000s and the last two years, they have gone like 1-9 and 2-8. You still see the "old Skeeters" at games but many of the fans have stopped coming.

Hopefully, Wylie fans can realize that they still have a great program and tradition and the kids need their support no matter what. Rumors are that Nasser will play, (and some say he could have played against BW) but we'll see for sure at game time. As far as the reduced crowds...it's a simple matter of winning= butts in the seats. During last years run we regularly outnumbered home crowds on the road...even against 4A teams. The girls volleyball thing is taking away some fans...but it always takes away a few, so that isn't really it.

Red&White_9x5
11-08-2010, 12:30 PM
This is an interesting matchup. I have seen both and I iwll say Wylie takes this game in a close contest

garciap77
11-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
FYI-

We are still here (CCMOM & I). Wylie wins this one in a close one! Yeah! Our fans and posters are starting to look like the fans and poster of the Brownwood 2007 - 2008 team!:D I thought this would never happen, but it has!:(

GO Bulldogs!

DaHop72
11-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Our fans and posters are starting to look like the fans and poster of the Brownwood 2007 - 2008 team!:D I thought this would never happen, but it has!:(

GO Bulldogs! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
11-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:iagree: When you've had the success the Bulldogs have had for so long I guess some people can't handle the losing. But, this is the time that the boys find out who the real fans are and who the bandwagon, fair weather fans are as well.
:iagree:

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2010, 01:14 PM
We are still here (CCMOM & I).

GO Bulldogs!

Don't forget Halestorm. He was at the AW/BW M&G. He left before
we got around to taking a picture though.

Looking4number8
11-08-2010, 01:19 PM
We are still here (CCMOM & I). Wylie wins this one in a close one! Yeah! Our fans and posters are starting to look like the fans and poster of the Brownwood 2007 - 2008 team!:D I thought this would never happen, but it has!:(

GO Bulldogs!

Now you are just being hurtfull. :p

garciap77
11-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Don't forget Halestorm. He was at the AW/BW M&G. He left before
we got around to taking a picture though.

I might stop by his work today and see what he thinks might be going on with our fans! Even 325 (I mean "Operator") has dropped off the bandwagon, he said a few years ago he was going to be a Wylie fan for ever!:D

;)

MesquiteFan
11-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Last year, in Waco, you guys had a huge crowd for the game against Lovejoy. Really helped swing that game at the end I think.

ccmom
11-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Last year, in Waco, you guys had a huge crowd for the game against Lovejoy. Really helped swing that game at the end I think. That was a fun night...one of my favorite Wylie games ever! :clap:

garciap77
11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Now you are just being hurtfull. :p

No!!! Just stating the facts! The fans/posters for both Wylie and Brownwood are easy to spot! BW: L4#8, Trashman, Rocket, and Beast come to mind! Wylie: CCmom, myself, Pendragon13, Nobogey (when he is not drunk) come to mind!:D

Wait! Rocket dropped off, but he had a good excuse (he boss made him get of the Internet!:D

;)

Go Bulldogs!!!! Go Lions!!! Go Tigers!!!:clap:

LionFan72
11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Go District 5-3A. Wylie by 14!, get that BarneyTrain rolling.

slingshot
11-08-2010, 03:01 PM
No!!! Just stating the facts! The fans/posters for both Wylie and Brownwood are easy to spot! BW: L4#8, Trashman, Rocket, and Beast come to mind! Wylie: CCmom, myself, Pendragon13, Nobogey (when he is not drunk) come to mind!:D

Wait! Rocket dropped off, but he had a good excuse (he boss made him get of the Internet!:D

;)

Go Bulldogs!!!! Go Lions!!! Go Tigers!!!:clap: Hey don't forget me! I'm at every game... have missed maybe 3 in the last 3 years. Even those LOOONG road trips (charter bus ride anyone?). I'll be there. Just usually busy during halftime at the m&g... Dogs by 7.

garciap77
11-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Hey don't forget me! I'm at every game... have missed maybe 3 in the last 3 years. Even those LOOONG road trips (charter bus ride anyone?). I'll be there. Just usually busy during halftime at the m&g... Dogs by 7.

You don't count you are part of the team!:D

;)

Hey! On a serious note! Thanks for volunteering your medical services to the Wylie football team! It's takes a lot of time an effort to be at all the games, especially the away games! Thanks Doc!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

nobogey72
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Who wins??? DUH!! Burkburnett was 3-7. That's horrible. :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for volunteering your medical services to the Wylie football team! It's takes a lot of time an effort to be at all the games, especially the away games! Thanks Doc!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I thought that was Tiny Tim. :confused: :doh:

TexasFight
11-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm hearing Nasser will play - hope he stays healthy. Burk has played a tough schedule - Bridgeport, Argyle, Decatur, Mineral Wells. But so has Wylie - Waco High, Graham, Estacado, Stephenville.

Should be a good one. Wylie's coach is excellent at neutralizing one dimensional teams. Wylie by 10 if they don't turn the ball over.

go blue 64
11-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I will go with Burk in a close game.

STANG RED
11-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Wylie + 1st round playoff game = WIN.

Its usually the same for 2nd and 3rd round as well, but this aint a usual Wylie team.

DOGFAN
11-10-2010, 12:17 AM
I saw Burk play this year. Very impressive running QB, good overall athleticism. Just couldn't seem to put it together for 4 quarters.

ccmom
11-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Let's go Bulldogs....the purple ones!! :D :clap:

ccmom
11-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Dawgs win 40-23....:clap:

Looks like we play in Brownwood next week, no matter if it's Alvarado or Mineral Wells. Woohoo...I love this time of year!! :clap:

lighthouse_lady
11-12-2010, 08:51 AM
ccmom - I totally agree with you that Wylie fans are spoiled. With a capital S. I think it's especially hard after the year we had last year... so many parents/friends/students "on the bandwagon" of an incredible team. Wylie's fan base just isn't used to losing...period.

That being said, I was almost embarrassed last week at the Brownwood game. Brownwood is the one with an incredible team this year and you just knew they'd have a packed house. In my opinion, Wylie should have matched that... the players need even more support when facing a formidable opponent.

As for last night... even a mediocre Wylie crowd just about tripled the number on the Burkburnett side. Was there even one fan per player over there?

On a side note - I was SO PROUD of our Bulldogs last night. Not just because of the win... but I can't remember the last time we had a game with NO turnovers (against us) and only two penalties. Amazing how successful you can be when you do things right! :p