PDA

View Full Version : Dead Man Walking: Official "Wade Released by Cowboys" Watch, 2010

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Well, I have been one of the biggest speculators that Wade WOULD NOT get fired before years end... citing several great reasons. (NOTE: I DO want him to get fired, but thought it wouldn't happen).

Today, I am happily reversing my prior speculation and now believe enough stinky fish are piling up at Jerry's feet he will pull the trigger. And soon.

Please post rumors, lies, links, or anything else that makes us feel the end may be near or the countdown can begin.

Take heart Cowboys fans, we are getting closer to turning the car around.

(PS - unfortunately, I think I might have to revise that whole 8-8 prediction as well. :( )

jason
11-08-2010, 09:39 AM
not that i think he deserves to keep his job - but thinking logically...

who the hell would jerry replace him with? jason garrett? dave campo??

nobody in their right mind would come in from the outside to take over this team now....

i think they're stuck up crap pond without any paddles....

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Supposedly according to a couple of news sites Jones is meeting with coaches today.

Jason he has to do something or he loses alot of the fanbase. You cant keep rolling out 45-7 losses and not try something IMO.

jason
11-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Supposedly according to a couple of news sites Jones is meeting with coaches today.

Jason he has to do something or he loses alot of the fanbase. You cant keep rolling out 45-7 losses and not try something IMO.
i wouldn't disagree...

maybe they'll hire greg davis and kill 2 birds with one stone.....

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jason
i wouldn't disagree...

maybe they'll hire greg davis and kill 2 birds with one stone.....

HOORAY! Something I could get excited about.

In all seriousness... I think at this point you can check Wade out, pull Garrett in, and start making plans for the draft. How is that any worse than what rolled out there last night? And how would that negatively impact your coaching search?

Farmersfan
11-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Jerry is pretty fond of making the quote "Never let your money get mad"!!! I think it's time Jerry let his money get mad! A lot of players in my opinion have under performed terribly and it would likely bring on action from the players union but I would tell Barber, Romo, Jenkins, Davis and few others that we are renegotiating contracts today and if you aren't willing you are gone! It appears this team will go 3-13 or worst so what does it matter if you cut a few EX great players? The attitude in the locker room must change or it really doesn't matter who you bring in!

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Slpy---my guess is Wade is gone today and Garrett takes over in the interim, and the HC search gets into high gear. Firing Wade will be highly symbolic, but things have gotten so bad with the Cowboys that it has to be done to clear the air----because the air just stinks at Valley Ranch right now.

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Slpy---my guess is Wade is gone today and Garrett takes over in the interim, and the HC search gets into high gear. Firing Wade will be highly symbolic, but things have gotten so bad with the Cowboys that it has to be done to clear the air----because the air just stinks at Valley Ranch right now.

do be shocked if Paul P or DeCamillis is named interim HC...I think if Jones makes the change he will someone who at least appears to show some fire

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
do be shocked if Paul P or DeCamillis is named interim HC...I think if Jones makes the change he will someone who at least appears to show some fire

There's a chance of that happening TXB, but with the money that Garrett is being paid as an assistant my guess is Jerry will tell Garrett that if he performs a miracle and brings the Cowboys back in a big way that he will be in the running for the HC job. .

jason
11-08-2010, 10:14 AM
kind of sucks for garret who turned down some head coaching jobs because he would be the next head coach in dallas...now he is basically having to prove himself and interview all over again...

bobcat1
11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
I hope he fires Wade and Jason. Offense has done nothing to justify promoting Garrett and defense really is gone.

Farmersfan
11-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I hope he fires Wade and Jason. Offense has done nothing to justify promoting Garrett and defense really is gone.

Of course the special teams, D-line and O-line has played terrible too so those coaches need dumbed too!

Farmersfan
11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1

I don't have a problem with him giving Garrett a shot the rest of the way. Although some of the calls have been questionable on offense it is essentually execution that makes them bad! All those "Bad Calls" would be labled as greatness right now IF they had been successful and Garrett is in high demand around the league. The problems with this team are attitude and discipline and I'm not so sure Garrett has much of a hand in that category as a 0-cordinator! Ecspecially if you consider that Garrett was likely thinking HE was in line to take over for Wade so why would he go out of his way to do anything to help Wade correct team attitude and discipline when fat Wade was waddling around and slapping everyone on the back and blaming the media for the Cowboy's problems.

3afan
11-08-2010, 10:53 AM
cant wait to go on the 21st :rolleyes:

maybe the boys can be competitive against the lions!

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 10:56 AM
I would love to see Joe D get the interim reins if for no other reason than to watch him torch the butts of some of the Cowboy players who have been doing nothing but drawing a paycheck for a long time. And on that note, I think there may be a few starters gathering splinters in their butts for at least a few games, and maybe even on the trading block.

BullsFan
11-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Heard a rumor indirectly a while back that the players had essentially given up on Wade, and weren't going to do anything so long as he was head coach. If that's the case, a change in coaching could reenergize the team no matter who they put in place.

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2010, 11:31 AM
rumor is that his suv is not at valley ranch for the morning media session. And I know that he flew back on Jerry's private Jet coming back from the game.

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
rumor is that his suv is not at valley ranch for the morning media session. And I know that he flew back on Jerry's private Jet coming back from the game.

These are the kind of rumors this thread needs... ^

MoveInDad
11-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
These are the kind of rumors this thread needs... ^
I have a buddy that works for the Mayflower moving company, and he text me earlier to say he had just taken a call from a guy named 'Wade' getting an estimate for moving costs from Irving to Orange.
:D

crzyjournalist03
11-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Wade 4 p.m. presser still on today's media availability sheet that was sent out this morning.

DaHop72
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Wade 4 p.m. presser still on today's media availability sheet that was sent out this morning. Maybe JJ's going to let him resign instead of firing him?:thinking:

OldNavy
11-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Of course the special teams, D-line and O-line has played terrible too so those coaches need dumbed too!

No, just get rid of them, they have already been dumbed!

buckeyebob
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I have from a reliable source that Jerry is talking to Bob Shipley...only coach that can build a winner with nothing.

warpig
11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
The cowboys are close to making me ashamed to be a Texan.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by warpig
The cowboys are close to making me ashamed to be a Texan. Thank goodness for the Texans otherwise the Cowboys would be winless this year!

crzyjournalist03
11-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Maybe JJ's going to let him resign instead of firing him?:thinking:

Wade would have to be an idiot to resign. If he gets fired, he gets to keep his contract money that he's due. If he resigns, he forfeits it.

DaHop72
11-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Wade would have to be an idiot to resign. :iagree: :iagree:

MoveInDad
11-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Wade would have to be an idiot to resign. If he gets fired, he gets to keep his contract money that he's due. If he resigns, he forfeits it.
I'm sure they'll work that out...

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2010, 03:25 PM
And, apparently the watch lasts half a day. Adios Wade.

skins4life
11-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by jason
not that i think he deserves to keep his job - but thinking logically...

who the hell would jerry replace him with? jason garrett? dave campo??

nobody in their right mind would come in from the outside to take over this team now....

i think they're stuck up crap pond without any paddles....

I thinks it's "up crap creek without a paddle in a wire boat" but close enough. :D

skins4life
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
No, just get rid of them, they have already been dumbed!

LOL at dumbed :D

Charlie47
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Jerry is pretty fond of making the quote "Never let your money get mad"!!! I think it's time Jerry let his money get mad! A lot of players in my opinion have under performed terribly and it would likely bring on action from the players union but I would tell Barber, Romo, Jenkins, Davis and few others that we are renegotiating contracts today and if you aren't willing you are gone! It appears this team will go 3-13 or worst so what does it matter if you cut a few EX great players? The attitude in the locker room must change or it really doesn't matter who you bring in!

Dad-gummit, I never thought I'd ever say this, I agree with Farmersfan
100% :mad: However, I really agree with Farmersfan!;)

MoveInDad
11-08-2010, 06:11 PM
This was a bit surprising to me...

Coach Yrs. W L %
Tom Landry* '60-88 250 162 .607
Jimmy Johnson '89-93 44 36 .550
Barry Switzer '94-97 40 24 .625
Chan Gailey '98-99 18 14 .563
Dave Campo '00-02 15 33 .313
Parcells '03-06 34 30 .531
Wade Phillips '07-10 34 22 .607