PDA

View Full Version : Feb 2 is coming

Bell_06
12-31-2003, 01:31 AM
Feb 2 is the first day for softball practices.. I would assume the approximate same for baseball. I've heard through the grapevine that our girls will be wearing long pants this year for their new uniform. Wondering how most girls feel about the long pants. Makes you wonder who ever put them into shorts to begin with??? Here in Bellville we are the B-R-A-H-M-A-N-E-T-T-E-S can anyone beat that letter count??

I'm just curious, does anyone know why females can't carry the same mascot. In real life (not a rancher here) would a person raising Brahma Bulls refer to his females as ettes? And schools who use a dog as a mascot.. what are their females referred to as?

Phil C
12-31-2003, 11:29 AM
I sure can't blame the girls for wanting to wear long pants especially early in the season when the weather is cold. They thought about having our girls wear pants also but the girls let them know that they preferred the shorts. I don't know why especially when it is cold.

Ranger Mom
12-31-2003, 12:25 PM
Bell_06:
Feb 2 is the first day for softball practices.. I would assume the approximate same for baseball. I've heard through the grapevine that our girls will be wearing long pants this year for their new uniform. Wondering how most girls feel about the long pants. Makes you wonder who ever put them into shorts to begin with??? Here in Bellville we are the B-R-A-H-M-A-N-E-T-T-E-S can anyone beat that letter count??

I'm just curious, does anyone know why females can't carry the same mascot. In real life (not a rancher here) would a person raising Brahma Bulls refer to his females as ettes? And schools who use a dog as a mascot.. what are their females referred to as?When I was in school our mascot was the Bulldogs, and we were the Bulldogettes. Now my kids go to Greenwood and the girls are the Rangerettes.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bellville22
12-31-2003, 01:34 PM
Bell_06:

I'm just curious, does anyone know why females can't carry the same mascot. In real life (not a rancher here) would a person raising Brahma Bulls refer to his females as ettes? And schools who use a dog as a mascot.. what are their females referred to as?Amen 'Bell_06'. I've been saying this forever. Who says that a Brahma can't be female? Drives me crazy. But oh well, I think the Nettes will be pretty solid this year. I put a little rundown on the baseball post that was around last week. Should be fun, I'm ready for both baseball and softball.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-31-2003, 02:37 PM
The Graham mascot is the steer [castrated bulls]. The girl teams are called the Lady Blues. Not sure why but Blue is one of the team colors. I like that they do that since there can be not such a thing as a lady steer. We are the lions and our girl teams are the lady lions. Not sure why they are not just lions?

Old Cardinal
12-31-2003, 02:55 PM
Well Bell 06, I am glad that they did not insist on calling the girls the heifers. Back in the incipient days of school in Bridge City we were the Cobras. Well they wanted to change the name. Many of the boys wanted to be the Red Brahmas. Some one joking told the girls basketball team they would have to be the Red Heifers...Will the School Superintendent and others just decided that Bridge City would be the Cardinals....Tell you the truth, I think the Red Brahmas for both the boys or girls would be the best name.

jason
12-31-2003, 07:13 PM
Old Cardinal:
Well Bell 06, I am glad that they did not insist on calling the girls the heifers. Back in the incipient days of school in Bridge City we were the Cobras. Well they wanted to change the name. Many of the boys wanted to be the Red Brahmas. Some one joking told the girls basketball team they would have to be the Red Heifers...Will the School Superintendent and others just decided that Bridge City would be the Cardinals....Tell you the truth, I think the Red Brahmas for both the boys or girls would be the best name.heifers?? lol i guess that could make girls softball exciting...cause long pants sure wont, lol...y is this topic even on here?

Bell_06
12-31-2003, 11:06 PM
Jason... this topic is on here because I put it on here :)

Bellville 22, I think I too will resort to just calling them the 'Nettes'.... that does sound a bit more like the girls. I guess we should thank our lucky stars that our schools didn't insist on using the feminine terms... Ranger Mom would have been the 'bitches' and yeah I couldn't see my daughter taking lightly to being called a heifer or cow.

It should be interesting to see how the girls take to long pants..... I would think most would prefer them, makes sliding a heck of a lot less painful, but I know my daughter will still wear sliders underneath them.

Bandera YaYa
01-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Well, in Bandera, anyone who plays sports are the Bulldogs.......all the same...no "ettes" here! :D

Ranger Mom
01-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Bell_06
Ranger Mom would have been the 'bitches' Well actually....I have been called that a time or two!! :p :D

Bell_06
01-05-2004, 06:11 PM
That's funny Ranger Mom.... Talked to my daughter and she said that she is proud to be a BRAHMANETTE, so I guess the term will stay if this is what the majority of the girls want, better then our dancing drill team, they are the Brahmadoras, still haven't figured that one out.

next generation
01-05-2004, 08:00 PM
jason:

Old Cardinal:
Well Bell 06, I am glad that they did not insist on calling the girls the heifers. Back in the incipient days of school in Bridge City we were the Cobras. Well they wanted to change the name. Many of the boys wanted to be the Red Brahmas. Some one joking told the girls basketball team they would have to be the Red Heifers...Will the School Superintendent and others just decided that Bridge City would be the Cardinals....Tell you the truth, I think the Red Brahmas for both the boys or girls would be the best name.heifers?? lol i guess that could make girls softball exciting...cause long pants sure wont, lol...y is this topic even on here?Volleyball shorts would be nice to see them play in. wink :D

spiveyrat
01-06-2004, 08:00 AM
PNG's mascot is the Indians. But their volleyball team is the "Rock-a-Noos" (sp?). This has puzzled me for years. But I just realized they couldn't use "Indianettes" because that is the name of the dance team. Anyone from SE Tex or the Triangle have any insight here? Just what is a Rock-a-Noo? I would imagine that term is Indian... but I'm just guessing here.

Cat22
01-06-2004, 10:31 AM
spiveyrat:
PNG's mascot is the Indians. But their volleyball team is the "Rock-a-Noos" (sp?). This has puzzled me for years. But I just realized they couldn't use "Indianettes" because that is the name of the dance team. Anyone from SE Tex or the Triangle have any insight here? Just what is a Rock-a-Noo? I would imagine that term is Indian... but I'm just guessing here.I've always wondered this myself. I've even asked people from PNG and they will not tell. Maybe because they don't know either.

Old No. 7
01-06-2004, 10:55 AM
About 2 years ago, there was an article in the Beaumont Enterpise about the "Rock-a-Noo". All the coach said was during a game someone hollered rock a noo and it just kinda snowballed. If I remember correctly, PNG won the game. So I guess they thought it was a good luck chant.I'm not sure if anybody kwows for sure. You may be able to contact the Beaumont Enterpise for that enterview.

Wildcat81
01-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Old No. 7:
About 2 years ago, there was an article in the Beaumont Enterpise about the "Rock-a-Noo". All the coach said was during a game someone hollered rock a noo and it just kinda snowballed. If I remember correctly, PNG won the game. So I guess they thought it was a good luck chant.I'm not sure if anybody kwows for sure. You may be able to contact the Beaumont Enterpise for that enterview.Old No.7 the girls teams still called the the Lady Wildcats.

Old No. 7
01-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Wildcat81, I was refering to the Port Neches Groves topic above, about the "rock-a-noo" girls volleyball team. :)

Wildcat81
01-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Old No. 7:
Wildcat81, I was refering to the Port Neches Groves topic above, about the "rock-a-noo" girls volleyball team. :) sorry about Old No.7

Old No. 7
01-06-2004, 03:35 PM
That's quite alright. :D :D

spiveyrat
01-07-2004, 07:43 AM
I got my wife to ask her sister (a PNG alum) yesterday about it. She said it was a big secret and only the v-ball players knew. How dumb is that to have a silly name for your mascot and then be secretive about what it is. That's so "high school".

Bulldog92
01-07-2004, 08:26 AM
spiveyrat:
I got my wife to ask her sister (a PNG alum) yesterday about it. She said it was a big secret and only the v-ball players knew. How dumb is that to have a silly name for your mascot and then be secretive about what it is. That's so "high school".Well they ARE kids, ya know. If they wanna have a nickname that makes no sense to us, let 'em have it. It's not like PNG ever made sense doing anything anyway, right?

spiveyrat
01-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Bulldog92:

spiveyrat:
I got my wife to ask her sister (a PNG alum) yesterday about it. She said it was a big secret and only the v-ball players knew. How dumb is that to have a silly name for your mascot and then be secretive about what it is. That's so "high school".Well they ARE kids, ya know. If they wanna have a nickname that makes no sense to us, let 'em have it. It's not like PNG ever made sense doing anything anyway, right?Surely the kids couldn't just name the team what they wanted to without some sort of Administration stamp of approval. Point being, I don't think the kids could have done this by themselves.