PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 11 GotW: Celina (10-0) vs. Sanger (9-1)

MoveInDad
11-06-2010, 02:34 PM
THANK YOU SANGER!

What a game, they put up 587 yds, 498 passing, against one of the best teams and defenses in 3A, and as a result gained the respect you have deserved all along... most importantly from Rocket (not).

The last 2 weeks, I've posted many times about the lack of respect Sanger was getting, and that they would give Argyle a good game and that I wouldn't be surprised, and was hoping, they would upset a very good Argyle squad.
Again, as I posted many times, and other Celina posters reiterated, we WANTED an undefeated Sanger.
While they didn't win, apparently form comments, they did enough to convince they are the real deal... game on!
So how will the Celina D match up? Anything can happen on any given Friday, but I like the recent trend of performances below:
That represents the TOTAL offense Celina opponents have managed in the last 3 games...yes minus 19 last night against Commerce in a 58-0 game that was 30-0 in the 1st Q, with a running clock in the 2nd half. No smack, just fact.
But I can hear it already... yeah but that's Commerce! And there is some justification to that... however they did manage 4 wins and put up 297 and 358 yds in their 2 previous games. What's interesting, is that in a 0-36 loss earlier in the season, they still gained 246 yds.... MINUS 19 IS RELEVANT

The Celina offense? Balanced and ranked in a virtual tie for 2nd in 3A with.... you guessed it Sanger.

Total yards 4864
Rushing 3130
Passing 1734

I won't waste time discussing the issue that Celina starters were rotating with 2nd and 3rd teamer's by the 3rd quarter in almost every game, and the starting QB didn't play in the 2nd half of the last 3 games etc... only W's matter now.

Can't wait, hope this weather holds, everybody walks off the turf at the end, and the Bobcats have finally flushed all the weak schedule crap back to the mouths from which it dribbled.

Cheers!

Keith7
11-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Sanger by 24

MoveInDad
11-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Sanger by 24
idiot

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Sanger by 24 :D

Bruce
11-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Keith7
Aubrey 31, Gainesville 13

Thanks! :thinking:

Pick6
11-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
Keith7
Aubrey 31, Gainesville 13

Thanks! :thinking:

rumor has it gville lost their qb on their 1st offensive play.

MesquiteFan
11-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Sanger by 24

:fnypost:

Keith7
11-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
rumor has it gville lost their qb on their 1st offensive play.

This is true.. He played a series on defense then was out the rest of the game with concussion like symptoms.

Rocket
11-06-2010, 05:46 PM
So Celina is going to hold Sanger to 100 yards? Lol based on what they have done the last 3 games? MAN I wish Brownwood was D1 so we could play a team like Sanger. I don't think there is one in D2.

Sanger 42
Celina 38

Sanger wants it more... And Kenny Chesney takes away man points...

Tin Cup
11-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Sanger may have a good offense but their D was blown away by Argyle. This plays right in Celina's hands.

Celina 49
Sanger 28

Hope Sanger wins though :D

Bullaholic
11-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
So Celina is going to hold Sanger to 100 yards? Lol based on what they have done the last 3 games? MAN I wish Brownwood was D1 so we could play a team like Sanger. I don't think there is one in D2.

Sanger 42
Celina 38

Yea, there is---and you might be lucky enough to get to see em'....;)

MoveInDad
11-06-2010, 06:23 PM

Sanger 42
Celina 38

Sanger will get their yards, but not enough and way below their average. Most importantly, there is a hunger and a bond amongst the Celina players this year, that was absent last year... they'll admit now that they've been looking to this game for the past 2 weeks.
Btw, several of them read the disrespecting crap posted here and that's helping to feed the fire, thanks!

Celina 52
Sanger 21

bobcat1
11-06-2010, 07:18 PM

Sanger 42
Celina 38

Sanger wants it more... And Kenny Chesney takes away man points... I found a statue of Rockee:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7940/statueofafool.jpg

5wide
11-06-2010, 08:21 PM
sanger in a close one..

Pick6
11-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Btw, several of them read the disrespecting crap posted here and that's helping to feed the fire, thanks!

if he boys have to search the internet to find motivation i don't see them getting to deep in the playoffs.

bobcat1
11-06-2010, 08:35 PM
it he boys have to search the internet to find motivation i don't see them getting to deep in the playoffs. I think he said helping to feed the fire. Not looking for motivation.:rolleyes:

MesquiteFan
11-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Sanger will get their yards, but not enough and way below their average. Most importantly, there is a hunger and a bond amongst the Celina players this year, that was absent last year... they'll admit now that they've been looking to this game for the past 2 weeks.

Celina 52
Sanger 21

I can't see Celina's D holding them to just 21. That would be an outstanding feat though after Argyle gave up 45 to them and Argyle's D is stout.

Tin Cup
11-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Has Argyle faced a good passing team? I feel like they are a stop the run and you can't throw on us when we know you're throwing type team. The secondary must be suspect at best. Not taking a shot at Argyle I may be underestimating Sangers offense.

BLACK ATTACK
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
I can't see Celina's D holding them to just 21. That would be an outstanding feat though after Argyle gave up 45 to them and Argyle's D is stout.

It should probably be known that we lost both our starting safeties to concussions in the first quarter, one of them an all-state player. We played 2 freshman the rest of the game. I think that certainly made a difference in how many points we gave up.

Now, let me also say, Sanger brought their "A" game, no question. The QB is good, and #4 and #6 are good. I've been around football most of my life, and I will tell you that if Sanger's offense is clicking like it was last night, they will put up multiple points on anyone (yes, even the great Brownwood). Sanger's dilema is that their defense is not all that good. We had one kid run straight up the gut for 293 yards, and our QB certainly didn't have his best night, and we put up 56. I am also not sure that Sanger can match the intensity and emotion that they brought last night. It will be difficult for them to get up that much again.

Lastly, if Argyle does not start making defensive adjustments before mid 3rd quarter, we will exit by round 3, which if you notice has become the norm for us.

For my orange neighbors over at Celina, you guys are certainly a better team than Sanger, but don't take them lightly, or they will beat you. Also, watch the slant! LOL

MesquiteFan
11-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
It should probably be known that we lost both our starting safeties to concussions in the first quarter, one of them an all-state player. We played 2 freshman the rest of the game. I think that certainly made a difference in how many points we gave up.

Now, let me also say, Sanger brought their "A" game, no question. The QB is good, and #4 and #6 are good. I've been around football most of my life, and I will tell you that if Sanger's offense is clicking like it was last night, they will put up multiple points on anyone (yes, even the great Brownwood). Sanger's dilema is that their defense is not all that good. We had one kid run straight up the gut for 293 yards, and our QB certainly didn't have his best night, and we put up 56. I am also not sure that Sanger can match the intensity and emotion that they brought last night. It will be difficult for them to get up that much again.

Lastly, if Argyle does not start making defensive adjustments before mid 3rd quarter, we will exit by round 3, which if you notice has become the norm for us.

For my orange neighbors over at Celina, you guys are certainly a better team than Sanger, but don't take them lightly, or they will beat you. Also, watch the slant! LOL

Is the saferty you're talking about Storm Griffin?

BLACK ATTACK
11-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Is the saferty you're talking about Storm Griffin?

Yes

BLACK ATTACK
11-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Yes

....and I am only speculating what type of injury these guys had. I never heard for sure.

bobcat1
11-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Is the saferty you're talking about Storm Griffin? That was huge!

BLACK ATTACK
11-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That was huge!

Yeah, that hurt us. But, hopefully we are firing on all cylinders by next week. Although, the freshman were impressive considering the circumstances and magnitude of the game.

partimefan
11-06-2010, 10:20 PM
blackattack - have you seen celina this year?

BLACK ATTACK
11-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by partimefan
blackattack - have you seen celina this year?

No, I usually try to catch a scrimmage or one their games in our off week, but since we were not in their district this year, and looking at the other teams in their district it was obvious that they were gonna go DI, I didn't go.

MoveInDad
11-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I am also not sure that Sanger can match the intensity and emotion that they brought last night. It will be difficult for them to get up that much again.
Having played you guys that close will give them some juice, but I think you're right, they'll have a bit of a hangover while Celina will be ready to burst by Friday night.

MoveInDad
11-07-2010, 12:13 PM
if he boys have to search the internet to find motivation i don't see them getting to deep in the playoffs.
yeah, it really worries me too... I understand Coach Ford was speechless after the Commerce game, and with a tear in his eye, he could only mutter, "he goes by Rocket...at www.3adownlow.com".

MoveInDad
11-07-2010, 04:12 PM
No, I usually try to catch a scrimmage or one their games in our off week, but since we were not in their district this year, and looking at the other teams in their district it was obvious that they were gonna go DI, I didn't go.
btw, you didn't miss much from a neutral's standpoint... they were only pushed 3 quarters in one game, you knew the outcome of every other by the end of the 1st. We'll know a lot more about this team after Friday's contest.

BLACK ATTACK
11-07-2010, 05:56 PM
btw, you didn't miss much from a neutral's standpoint... they were only pushed 3 quarters in one game, you knew the outcome of every other by the end of the 1st. We'll know a lot more about this team after Friday's contest.

Yeah, we weren't either. Probably hurts us a little never being challenged. Nothing close, with the exception of LJ, and I still don't think they are all that good. We certainly didn't play very well against them and still won.
I think you guys have a great shot in DI.

5wide
11-07-2010, 06:03 PM
im gonna go out on a limb and say that sangers qb will be the district mvp...he's a stud!

BLACK ATTACK
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
im gonna go out on a limb and say that sangers qb will be the district mvp...he's a stud!

I don't think that is going out on a limb at all. He's a lock for MVP.

5wide
11-07-2010, 07:11 PM
i will say tho..the lowry kid is a stud as well.He runs hard on every play! Fun to watch argyle

CelinaCatFan
11-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Do we have a definite date, time, and place for this matchup?

I'm hearing Friday, 7:30, CH Collins in Denton

BLACK ATTACK
11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
i will say tho..the lowry kid is a stud as well.He runs hard on every play! Fun to watch argyle

Yeah, Lawton has really come into his own this year. His 90 yard TD in the 3rd really surprised me. My son played with him the two years prior, and I never realized he was quite that fast.

BLACK ATTACK
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

I'm pretty sure that is correct.

3afan
11-07-2010, 07:33 PM
go SANGER!

charlesrixey
11-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Sanger showed that they were better than expected this last week vs. Argyle. Celina's defense has improved greatly but has not been tested in five games. They will surely be tested this week.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM
could be a high scoring game, if it ends up being a shoot out then my pick is sanger but if celina can get a few stops then the bobcats get the win behind their punishing run game (they still run the ball alot in celina right?). alot of good games going down this week, i wish i could be at them all.:(

charlesrixey
11-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Celina has still managed to run for 300+ yards a game while passing for 1800 yards, so they should be able to control the clock if they need to. They just havent had to worry about it too much because they get a lot of long runs to score quickly.

MesquiteFan
11-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Chance to have a lot of fireworks in this one, I think. I'm worried that Sanger might be spent emotionally and physically after that game with Argyle.

I say Sanger in a close one.

MoveInDad
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

Looking at all the sites that have playoff info, and none have confirmed this game's location... CH Collins is what I 'hear' as well though.

LionFan72
11-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Is this gonna be an UPSET ALERT?

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2010, 08:51 AM
This game shows how injuries to one or two players affects the emotions and outcome of a game. A safety like Storm is irreplaceable. That explains how Sanger did so well. IN that kind of game secondary losses are critical. Looking at the ratings overall I would say Sanger at home wanted that game bad but on a nuetral site I think they lose that edge. barring injury Celina should win but it is never a given.

Bosqueville
11-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Celina by 21.

RPF2666
11-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I think Celina as well.

It will be a game.

Last year, Sanger played Celina tough for a half, before Celina
took control (NO Keith7 it wasn't a Sanger 1/2 win). It wouldn't surprise me to see that again.

partimefan
11-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
This game shows how injuries to one or two players affects the emotions and outcome of a game. A safety like Storm is irreplaceable. That explains how Sanger did so well. IN that kind of game secondary losses are critical. Looking at the ratings overall I would say Sanger at home wanted that game bad but on a nuetral site I think they lose that edge. barring injury Celina should win but it is never a given.

I believe Sanger's first two TDs (and maybe the 3rd too) were scored while the perfect Storm was still in the game. Appeared that the Indians had identified a weakness in Argyle's coverage and exploited that.

Are you guys seriously saying that any TX high school football player will have a hard time getting psyched to play the orange "boys of fall"? Really??

JJWalker
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I've gotta stick with the minorities on this one. Little Big Horn all over again.

RPF2666
11-08-2010, 10:10 AM
What 'choo talkin' 'bout Willis!?

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I believe Sanger's first two TDs (and maybe the 3rd too) were scored while the perfect Storm was still in the game. Appeared that the Indians had identified a weakness in Argyle's coverage and exploited that.

Are you guys seriously saying that any TX high school football player will have a hard time getting psyched to play the orange "boys of fall"? Really??

No I am saying that Sanger was home vs argyle. Homefield in an emotional game is a huge advantage, Neutral site takes that away.

MoveInDad
11-08-2010, 10:35 AM
True, everybody gets up for Celina, its a matter of how long they can keep it up. When things don't go a team's way vs Celina they tend to quickly drop their heads, get frustrated and then angry... so it's crucial for Sanger to come out smoking, put a couple of scores on the board, shore up their belief and put some doubt in the mind's of Celina players.
On the other side of the ball, Celina players have chip on their shoulder, they 'hear' the talk about their 'weak' schedule and lopsided victories and are chomping at the opportunity to finally substantiate their ranking and pedigree.
All this goes without saying of course, and nothing we say here means a damn thing come Friday night... but ESPN isn't covering the game so its up to us amateur football pundits to fill the void.
Cheers!

PPSTATEBOUND
11-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Sanger by 6. Pumpkins D fails.:)

RPF2666
11-08-2010, 10:42 AM
And away we go...:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

I would say that it does not fail. I just believe that Aubrey held them to 21 points. Now look at the pedigree. GA and Butch know schemes. I would say that there is something to the fact that we can see what has worked and not and I do not see a failure. They won't stop them all but I believe they will stop enough.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I would say that it does not fail. I just believe that Aubrey held them to 21 points. Now look at the pedigree. GA and Butch know schemes. I would say that there is something the fact that we can see what has worked and not and I do not see a failure. They won't stop them all but I believe they will stop enough.

Yeah....Aubrey coaches got a call Friday night......"HOW DO WE STOP SANGERS PASSING GAME". LOL.

I'm sure Sangers coach know whats coming also...A mirror image of whatever Aubrey ran to slow them......Adjustments from the Sangers HC will be made I would believe.

Best of Luck to both teams.

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah....Aubrey coaches got a call Friday night......"HOW DO WE STOP SANGERS PASSING GAME". LOL.

I'm sure Sangers coach know whats coming also...A mirror image of whatever Aubrey ran to slow them......Adjustments from the Sangers HC will be made I would believe.

Best of Luck to both teams.

I think you misunderstood. I never suggested there would be a mirror image. I suggested that two guys who coached together for 25 years might have the same kind of success against the same system since they view defenses similarly and use similar systems.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I think you misunderstood. I never suggested there would be a mirror image. I suggested that two guys who coached together for 25 years might have the same kind of success against the same system since they view defenses similarly and use similar systems.

Mirror image..that came from my mouth....You never said that and I understand comepletly.......it will be very similar whatever it is. :)

MoveInDad
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Mirror image..that came from my mouth....You never said that and I understand comepletly.......it will be very similar whatever it is. :)
The frustrating thing about being a Celina fan is that you rarely have the opportunity to second guess the coaches. How can I, having never coached a game in my life, suggest I know something they haven't already considered or seen a thousand times.
But its still a free a country so I'm going to anyway... nah, I started to, then realized I didn't have a clue how to defend the spread offense.
;)

PPSTATEBOUND
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
The frustrating thing about being a Celina fan is that you rarely have the opportunity to second guess the coaches. How can I, having never coached a game in my life, suggest I know something they haven't already considered or seen a thousand times.
But its still a free a country so I'm going to anyway... nah, I started to, then realized I didn't have a clue how to defend the spread offense.
;)

"MOVEINDAD"....:rolleyes: YEAH!!!!!! I'd keep my trap shut also.;)

RPF2666
11-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Brownwood is DII...remember you were going to take the bold, risky leap and support them...

Go on, GIT...!!!

PPSTATEBOUND
11-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Brownwood is DII...remember you were going to take the bold, risky leap and support them...

Go on, GIT...!!!

I'll be in Springtown for all of you keeping score....."RPF2666"..LMAO...:D, and also at the game Celina loses....So yes I will be there Friday also...:)

garciap77
11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Celina by 24!

:clap:

RPF2666
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Celina could very well lose...a PLAYOFF game this year.

They've got a 1 in 32 chance to be State Champion.

I'll take those odds over some other schools chances...;)

WildTexan972
11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Celina could very well lose...a PLAYOFF game this year.

They've got a 1 in 32 chance to be State Champion.

I'll take those odds over some other schools chances...;)

the odds are not 1 in 32....several of those teams don't have any chance at all....Region 2 is a pretty tough region, however, so if we win the region we probably win state....nothin in Region 1, and 3/4 have to battle it out to get the chance at us....

odds are more like 1 in 5 I'd say.....

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 01:53 PM
You Region II guys just aren't on each other's Christmas lists are you? :D

bobcat1
11-08-2010, 02:06 PM
The only thing that I would consider to be a point of concern in this game will be how hot to turn up the heat to cook the soup just right. ;) Persoanlly I would turn it wide open and keep it that way until I heard Uncle.

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2010, 02:09 PM
The only thing that I would consider to be a point of concern in this game will be how hot to turn up the heat to cook the soup just right. ;) Persoanlly I would turn it wide open and keep it that way until I heard Uncle.

YEah what he said. And good to see you postin again BTW bobcat1...... That dry sense of humor sure comes in handy sometimes..... I still like" why do you ask two dogs?....."

partimefan
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
True, everybody gets up for Celina, its a matter of how long they can keep it up. When things don't go a team's way vs Celina they tend to quickly drop their heads, get frustrated and then angry... so it's crucial for Sanger to come out smoking, put a couple of scores on the board, shore up their belief and put some doubt in the mind's of Celina players.

That is exactly what happened to Sanger a couple of years ago in Celina. They went into the game thinking they could win, but got the wind knocked out of their sails on the first kick off.

This is a different Sanger squad, tho. Did you notice in the Argyle box score that the Eagles scored first? Took the ball right down the gut. The purple people were pretty quiet.

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2010, 02:47 PM
That is exactly what happened to Sanger a couple of years ago in Celina. They went into the game thinking they could win, but got the wind knocked out of their sails on the first kick off.

This is a different Sanger squad, tho. Did you notice in the Argyle box score that the Eagles scored first? Took the ball right down the gut. The purple people were pretty quiet.

Well this one could come more down to the Indians first offesnive series. They have great faith in their O. If Celina could shut then down a couple of times it could get interesting on that bench.

FHS 74
11-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Just talked to a buddy of mine that has a pirated copy of the BCS Ranking program and he imputted all of Celina's information and they would fall just behind Boise State but in front of LSU. Evidently all these Celina posters know what they are talking about when they say how awesome the B'Cats are. It's just a shame they are in a non BCS Conference.

BILLYFRED0000
11-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by FHS 74
Just talked to a buddy of mine that has a pirated copy of the BCS Ranking program and he imputted all of Celina's information and they would fall just behind Boise State but in front of LSU. Evidently all these Celina posters know what they are talking about when they say how awesome the B'Cats are. It's just a shame they are in a non BCS Conference.

Well we did have an offer from the Pac 10 but Kenny promised he could deliver more money in the long run.

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Who's the best passing team Celina has played so far? What was the score?

PPSTATEBOUND
11-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Gimmie Prestonwood The Tapps team that Lost to Ft. Nolan another tapps team...I belive Prestonwood hit them for 350 plus in the air...

59-35 final.....or something......Of course the 350 was against Selenas 3rd and 4rth stringers...:rolleyes:

bobcat1
11-08-2010, 03:34 PM
One question. If Celina beats Sanger, will Celina have played anyone then? :D

MoveInDad
11-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Prestonwood Academy, the #2 ranked school in the large private school division. QB Parker Ash stats for the year are 144 out of 235 completing 61.28% for 2620 yds and 24 TD's and 7 Ints.
Celina won 56-35, was 56 -21 at end of 3rd...Game stats:

Prestonwood Christian Celina
Total yards 496 555
First downs 22 27
Rushes/Yds 33/96 39/338
Average rush 2.91 8.67
Comp-Att-Int 22-41-2 14-20-2
Pass yards 400 217
Comp pct 53.66 70
Punts 0 0
Punting Yards 0 0
Punting Average 0 0
Fumbles-Lost 2-1 3-0
Penalties-yards 1-5 6-35

Celina QB threw for 4 td's however while PCA's had 2

MoveInDad
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
One question. If Celina beats Sanger, will Celina have played anyone then? :D
The answer, according to ALL comments, is yes. Win or lose, the consensus is that Celina will have played a good team... or maybe everybody will say Sanger isn't really that good, even if they win, cause Celina hadn't proven themselves... :doh:

Bullaholic
11-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Looks like this one has all the ingredients for a shootout. Having seen Celina in only a scrimmage, and not having seen Sanger, I would say that if Celina keeps Sanger below 35, they win---if not, then it could be anybody's game.

RPF2666
11-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Celina has given up some points to teams this year. The problem for all of those teams is they couldn't stop Celina.

Sanger will score, maybe a bunch. I think Celina will score more.

MoveInDad
11-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Looks like this one has all the ingredients for a shootout. Having seen Celina in only a scrimmage, and not having seen Sanger, I would say that if Celina keeps Sanger below 35, they win---if not, then it could be anybody's game.
Like all teams, Celina improved a great deal over the season, particularly at QB. In many games I felt like I was watching a scrimmage, they were definitely 'working' on the passing game in many circumstances when they could have just started running out the clock early.

d0tc0m
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Well I really couldn't be more excited, I'm finally going to get to make it down south to see my bobcats play!! This game could be a pretty fun one. But seeing how balanced the offense has been, and how much the defense has improved, I'll take the boys in orange by 14! I can't wait to finally get to see some texas football, I've had all I can take of this Arkansas HS nonsense they call football.

alaskacat
11-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Well I really couldn't be more excited, I'm finally going to get to make it down south to see my bobcats play!! This game could be a pretty fun one. But seeing how balanced the offense has been, and how much the defense has improved, I'll take the boys in orange by 14! I can't wait to finally get to see some texas football, I've had all I can take of this Arkansas HS nonsense they call football.

Try Alaska:)

See you guys Friday night!

d0tc0m
11-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Haha no thanks alaskacat. Though I think Alaska is a beautiful place, it's definitely not appealing to me in the athletics department...unless i decide to run the Iditarod.

BILLYFRED0000
11-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Haha no thanks alaskacat. Though I think Alaska is a beautiful place, it's definitely not appealing to me in the athletics department...unless i decide to run the Iditarod.

They do have a few good football teams up there but talk about travel...... Alaska cat should tell you a few stories.

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 03:54 PM
i would love to hear some good stories.

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 04:12 PM
i would love to hear some good stories.
If you want to 'hear' a good story, listen to the Brownwood posters as they spin a fairy tale yarn about the greatest, mystical football team to have ever played the game... go on, if you don't hurry, the story could end soon. ;)

Old&Crusty
11-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Sanger is a couple of notches above Celina's earlier opponents.

RoyceTTU
11-09-2010, 05:00 PM
If you want to 'hear' a good story, listen to the Brownwood posters as they spin a fairy tale yarn about the greatest, mystical football team to have ever played the game... go on, if you don't hurry, the story could end soon. ;)

Big talk since you narrowly escaped danger since Brownwood went DII. You should probably worry about Sanger, I would hate for them to sneek up on you.

BILLYFRED0000
11-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Big talk since you narrowly escaped danger since Brownwood went DII. You should probably worry about Sanger, I would hate for them to sneek up on you.

Who knows. It won't happen now so conjecture is futile. Sanger is good. I would say their O is a little better than Preston Christian but their d is not so good.

partimefan
11-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Who knows. It won't happen now so conjecture is futile. Sanger is good. I would say their O is a little better than Preston Christian but their d is not so good.

How many times have you seen Sanger play?

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

Royce, I'm not disrespecting the Brownwood team, you will not find one amongst the many (too) posts that I have written, not one. You will also not find one where I'm talking BIG, meaning, where I say Celina is the best 3A team in the state, not one.
The post, you quote was completely tongue in cheek... besides you would LOVE for Sanger to sneak up on us!

MoveInDad
11-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Old&Crusty
Sanger is a couple of notches above Celina's earlier opponents.
Agreed, at least it would seem, I haven't seen them play, but who knows, it may turn out they are not as good as Prestonwood, or it may be that Celina is in for a bloody scrap... in the meantime I'm not getting enough work done. ;)

MesquiteFan
11-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Agreed, at least it would seem, I haven't seen them play, but who knows, it may turn out they are not as good as Prestonwood, or it may be that Celina is in for a bloody scrap... in the meantime I'm not getting enough work done. ;)

Nobody is getting enough work done this time of the year :)

As for Sanger, I would say their offense is probably better than Prestonwood's. I haven't seen Prestonwood play but I doubt they put 45 on Argyle.

d0tc0m
11-09-2010, 09:48 PM
this will be a great test to see how much celina's defense has improved, and where they stand moving on (the Good Lord willing) deeper into the playoffs.

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 08:14 AM
From what I saw last Friday against Argyle, Sanger can move the football against anyone, including Celina. However, I think Celina's offense will wear down and wear out that Sanger defense. Argyle ripped them up running the ball between the tackles.

cowboyandchrist
11-10-2010, 08:23 AM

Sanger 42
Celina 38

Rocket I keep telling you the beast from the east is coming for you. If you under estimate the speed from the east, you will not be a happy camper on the long drive home. Carthage is coming again. Well coached, starters are all back, and a team looking for the three pete. I know Brownwood will get to the simi final, lets hope Carthage can make it. Rocket you can smack talk Celina all you want, but I believe they will play for the D1 state champion ship.
Remember Rocket, Celina has been to the big game three times in the last five years. Just hope Brownwood does not choke in the playoffs because they have not gone very far in what 25 years. Celina is in the hunt every year.

BILLYFRED0000
11-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Well now the football gods are throwing in some fun with the weather predicted to be wet and windy. bad for throwing great for running. And the wind will be shifting around some as well. Hard game to play if you heave the rock.

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Well now the football gods are throwing in some fun with the weather predicted to be wet and windy. bad for throwing great for running. And the wind will be shifting around some as well. Hard game to play if you heave the rock.
They are calling for rain and wind Friday night?

Old&Crusty
11-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
Rocket I keep telling you the beast from the east is coming for you. If you under estimate the speed from the east, you will not be a happy camper on the long drive home. Carthage is coming again. Well coached, starters are all back, and a team looking for the three pete. I know Brownwood will get to the simi final, lets hope Carthage can make it. Rocket you can smack talk Celina all you want, but I believe they will play for the D1 state champion ship.
Remember Rocket, Celina has been to the big game three times in the last five years. Just hope Brownwood does not choke in the playoffs because they have not gone very far in what 25 years. Celina is in the hunt every year.

That east Texas speed killed Celina a couple of times these past few years. That, and Carthage's O-line! Those boys were GOOD!

PPSTATEBOUND
11-10-2010, 09:26 AM

:eek: That being said....

Like opponents..Sanger/Celina

Opponents offensive points against

Pilot point hits Celina for 35 points accumulated in Quarters 1 thru 3.
Pilot Point Hits Sanger for 28 Points Quarters 1-4.

Lake Worth Hits Celina for 17 Points....... all though it was the freshman playing at that time....:rolleyes:

Lake Worth Hits Sanger for 2 points....

and Who's Defense is not that good.......:thinking:

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 09:28 AM

Lake Worth Hits Celina for 17 Points....... all though it was the freshman playing at that time....:rolleyes:

Haha, those are some goofy numbers but seeing Sanger's defense first hand, I dont think they are all that great on D. Not terrible by anymeans but the defense isnt going to win games for them.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Haha, those are some goofy numbers but seeing Sanger's defense first hand, I dont think they are all that great on D. Not terrible by anymeans but the defense isnt going to win games for them.

Goofy but true Gsquared.....:clap: Ive watched both teams first hand also...I can say the same thing you said about Sanger for both teams.

cowboyandchrist
11-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I have a big respect for Celina football. The coaches and players put a good football team on the field every year. All that talk about week oppents is people just do not understand it is very difficult to get teams in a decent driving distance to play you when you are good year in and year out. We at Tatum have the same problem as do Gilmer and Carthage. We played all 3a teams this year with two of them in the top 10 at the start of the year. i AM A BIG TIME HIGHSCHOOL football fan. I have followed Celina for years just like Southlake, Katy, and others. Good luck to Celina in the playoffs.

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 09:49 AM

Re: Lake Worth, its 35-7 Celina with 1:03 on the clock and LW elect to kick a field goal...what? At this stage Celina had 412 yds offense to 51 TOTAL yds for LW... its been a joke. They onside kick, recover and throw hail mary for 35-17. This was never a contest. Celina QB at this stage in the season still making poor decisions and throws 3 interceptions.

Re: Pilot Point, Celina wins by 21, Sanger wins by 7.
PP has 589 yds v Sanger, they have 314 v Celina
This is a game where Celina QB again throws 3 ints

He's only thrown 2 ints in the last 4 games for comparison. I had not looked at the 2 like opponents, but after doing so, fwiw, I like what I see.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Re: Lake Worth, its 35-7 Celina with 1:03 on the clock and LW elect to kick a field goal...what? At this stage Celina had 412 yds offense to 51 TOTAL yds for LW... its been a joke. They onside kick, recover and throw hail mary for 35-17. This was never a contest. Celina QB at this stage in the season still making poor decisions and throws 3 interceptions.

Re: Pilot Point, Celina wins by 21, Sanger wins by 7.
PP has 589 yds v Sanger, they have 314 v Celina
This is a game where Celina QB again throws 3 ints

He's only thrown 2 ints in the last 4 games for comparison. I had not looked at the 2 like opponents, but after doing so, fwiw, I like what I see.

Hilarious...I knew I would draw the finest out......stop with the excuses....:doh:...nice work move in......:clap:

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Hilarious...I knew I would draw the finest out......stop with the excuses....:doh:...nice work move in......:clap:
It's called meat on the bone... your post was regarded defense, yet only referenced the final scores and not the winning margins etc. Anyway, I don't have time for this today, glad I was able to make yours. Enjoy whatever game you choose to attend since your own team hasn't provided you with a date... if you choose to support your district and attend this game, I'll have a just a little extra satisfaction knowing you're there watching as Celina crushes Sanger and all this weak schedule bs.
cheers

PPSTATEBOUND
11-10-2010, 10:18 AM
It's called meat on the bone... your post was regarded defense, yet only referenced the final scores and not the winning margins etc. Anyway, I don't have time for this today, glad I was able to make yours. Enjoy whatever game you choose to attend since your own team hasn't provided you with a date... if you choose to support your district and attend this game, I'll have a just a little extra satisfaction knowing you're there watching as Celina crushes Sanger and all this weak schedule bs.
cheers

Blah Blah....Best wishes.

BILLYFRED0000
11-10-2010, 10:19 AM
They are calling for rain and wind Friday night?

Yes chance of rain around game time and it will be wet but not soaking. However wind is predicted steady at 12 mph nnw with gusts up to 25. That stadium will swirl some with the wind out of that direction. It will be hard to be accurate on anything over midrange passes into the wind and the ball will be short a lot into the wind as well. Going to favor the running game.

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes chance of rain around game time and it will be wet but not soaking. However wind is predicted steady at 12 mph nnw with gusts up to 25. That stadium will swirl some with the wind out of that direction. It will be hard to be accurate on anything over midrange passes into the wind and the ball will be short a lot into the wind as well. Going to favor the running game.
Sanger runs tons of screens to # 4 and # 6 , slip screens etc.. Not much over five yards. I think this is going to be on of the most entertaining BI-District games in the area.

MoveInDad
11-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Sanger runs tons of screens to # 4 and # 6 , slip screens etc.. Not much over five yards. I think this is going to be on of the most entertaining BI-District games in the area.
Agreed, although hopefully not tooo much 'entertainment' for the neutral... in this one, I want the outcome sorted asap, as long as its Celina. I wonder if Sanger changes up their game plan much for this one... do they come out with 'surprises' or dance with the ones that brung 'em.

BILLYFRED0000
11-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Those slip screens cover a lot of yardage depending on how wide the receivers set. It is still a 20 yard pass and the wind gusts will make it exciting occasionally. The ball should be a little slick too. Like I said, this will make execution harder on both sides but those slip screens have to happen fast and crisp and the wind will have an effect.

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Found out today Celina is home team according to the high school.

MesquiteFan
11-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Agreed, although hopefully not tooo much 'entertainment' for the neutral... in this one, I want the outcome sorted asap, as long as its Celina. I wonder if Sanger changes up their game plan much for this one... do they come out with 'surprises' or dance with the ones that brung 'em.

Good idea. Never know what can happen if the other side gets a little confidence, gets the crowd into the game, and starts believing. Especially a dangerous offense like Sanger.

I think Sanger will stick with what they came with. I saw them play last year and they weren't a very experimental bunch from what I remember.

gatordaze
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Good idea. Never know what can happen if the other side gets a little confidence, gets the crowd into the game, and starts believing. Especially a dangerous offense like Sanger.

I think Sanger will stick with what they came with. I saw them play last year and they weren't a very experimental bunch from what I remember.

Best player is Dane by far and he does not run. They live and die by the pass and will tomorrow night. Not great oline and Celina will have to be careful to read the screen and draw as they will get lots of pressure as celina dline is a mismatch for Sanger. Linebacker play is the key and mixing up the pressure. Linebackrs need to light up the slant once or twice and arma will get short Boys are fired up to play a meaningful game. Weather will be on the side of the orange this week which is the
last thing Sanger needed. I would much rather face a pure passer than a dual threat like the PP kid.

I appreciate the caution, but I think this matchup and the weather is tailor made for Celina.

Giving up 300 yards and 56 to Argyles O is not good. Celina's O is better than that!

MesquiteFan
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Best player is Dane by far and he does not run. They live and die by the pass and will tomorrow night. Not great oline and Celina will have to be careful to read the screen and draw as they will get lots of pressure as celina dline is a mismatch for Sanger. Linebacker play is the key and mixing up the pressure. Linebackrs need to light up the slant once or twice and arma will get short Boys are fired up to play a meaningful game. Weather will be on the side of the orange this week which is the
last thing Sanger needed. I would much rather face a pure passer than a dual threat like the PP kid.

I appreciate the caution, but I think this matchup and the weather is tailor made for Celina.

Giving up 300 yards and 56 to Argyles O is not good. Celina's O is better than that!

I agree with just about everything you said. Weather doesn't help Sanger AT ALL. Also, I saw Argyle early in the season and their offense isn't a worldbeater. Don't get me wrong, they are good and have probably improved as the season progressed and they have plenty of weapons (Lowry, Chestopoulos, and Aune, who might be a little underrated in my opinion), but I think Celina has the edge offensively on Argyle which spells bad news for the Indians.

Even still, crazier things have happened. That's why they play the games.

WildTexan972
11-10-2010, 10:15 PM

ah yes....the mental giant from the pp town that tries to be rocket.....but I will give him this credit....his pp boys have a trophy much more recently than those UglyMaroons do.....

bobcat1
11-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
ah yes....the mental giant from the pp town that tries to be rocket.....but I will give him this credit....his pp boys have a trophy much more recently than those UglyMaroons do..... And this year they are already dribbling.:eek:

partimefan
11-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I agree with just about everything you said. Weather doesn't help Sanger AT ALL. Also, I saw Argyle early in the season and their offense isn't a worldbeater. Don't get me wrong, they are good and have probably improved as the season progressed and they have plenty of weapons (Lowry, Chestopoulos, and Aune, who might be a little underrated in my opinion), but I think Celina has the edge offensively on Argyle which spells bad news for the Indians.

Even still, crazier things have happened. That's why they play the gams.

Why do you say Celina has the edge offensively on Argyle, since you haven't seen Celina play?

CHS_89
11-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Why do you say Celina has the edge offensively on Argyle, since you haven't seen Celina play?

Who cares? We will all find out Friday! Go Bobcats!!

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2010, 08:48 AM
The latest forecast shows rain and wind for the entire game. This is going to be a wet one it looks like and the wind will be gusty and shifting around a lot. Gonna be tough footing and a heavy ball. At least it will not be muddy. Could be some embedded lighting or light storms.
Will be a tough one for the fans to sit and watch. Unless you are die hard like a lot of us. I told my 9 year old it was going to be wet and cold and asked if he still wanted to go. He sad and I quote...

"ARE YOU KIDDING? WE'RE GOING.......!

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2010, 08:52 AM

We do. Argyle is not as good on O as we are. But it is close in some ways.

MN95
11-11-2010, 10:13 AM
I am very nervous about this game and will be the rest of the way. I know first hand (through my son and his friends) how badly this Senior class wants the championship. They have EXPECTED it since they were in 6th grade. Nothing less will satisfy. That's just the way it is in Celina. If you don't get a ring, you have failed. I doubt many other schools get that pressure. So, as a parent, I know it will be a very difficult, emotional moment if they fall short. Hence, my nervousness..........

3afan
11-11-2010, 10:20 AM
one of the DMN guys made his pick, FWIW:

Sanger (9-1) vs. Celina (10-0)
7 p.m. Friday, Denton's C.H. Collins Complex

Sanger, led by QB Dane Evans (3,217 passing yards, 36 TDs), suffered its only loss in the regular-season finale against state-ranked Argyle. Celina won every game this season by 18 points or more and won its final three games by a combined score of 168-6.

Pick: Sanger 40, Celina 38

MesquiteFan
11-11-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

Sanger, led by QB Dane Evans (3,217 passing yards, 36 TDs), suffered its only loss in the regular-season finale against state-ranked Argyle. Celina won every game this season by 18 points or more and won its final three games by a combined score of 168-6.

Wow, he basically said Sanger will win because they have been tested and Celina hasn't. At least that's what I got out of that prediction.

MesquiteFan
11-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by MN95
I am very nervous about this game and will be the rest of the way. I know first hand (through my son and his friends) how badly this Senior class wants the championship. They have EXPECTED it since they were in 6th grade. Nothing less will satisfy. That's just the way it is in Celina. If you don't get a ring, you have failed. I doubt many other schools get that pressure. So, as a parent, I know it will be a very difficult, emotional moment if they fall short. Hence, my nervousness..........

Do you think the players share your nervousness?

MN95
11-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Do you think the players share your nervousness?

No, they are very confident and feel very prepared. That's not to say they are taking the game lightly. They just expect to win every game they play. Always have since we have been here.

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

I see, so Sanger's D gets 56 and 500+ yds, hung on them last week, while Celina's has allowed a TOTAL of 135 yds and 6 pts. in the last 3 weeks... I think the saying goes that "Defense wins Championships".
Love it! Can't wait!

Old&Crusty
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
This will be a bigger test for the Bobcat D.

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 10:57 AM
No, they are very confident and feel very prepared. That's not to say they are taking the game lightly. They just expect to win every game they play. Always have since we have been here.
I feel though that there is definitely an 'edge' to this year's team, last year left a very bad taste in the mouths of all concerned.

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Old&Crusty
This will be a bigger test for the Bobcat D.
That goes without saying, however it is the same D, performances are relevant.

partimefan
11-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I see, so Sanger's D gets 56 and 500+ yds, hung on them last week, while Celina's has allowed a TOTAL of 135 yds and 6 pts. in the last 3 weeks... I think the saying goes that "Defense wins Championships".
Love it! Can't wait!

Not saying Sanger has a good D, but I don't think that Commerce, Anna, and VA compare with Argyle.

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Not saying Sanger has a good D, but I don't think that Commerce, Anna, and VA compare with Argyle.
They would all lose to Argyle by a lot more than Sanger did for sure. What seems to get lost though, is the 'relative performance' of Celina's D... 135 TOTAL yds through 3 consecutive games, the last 3.
Anyway, we need a scrap, and I think Sanger will provide enough, but not too much of one.
cheers

PPSTATEBOUND
11-11-2010, 12:41 PM

VA nailed Celina for 326 yards and 28 points.......They had a 100 yard passer and 2 backs 1 yard shy of a bill.....:)

partimefan
11-11-2010, 12:50 PM
VA nailed Celina for 326 yards and 28 points.......They had a 100 yard passer and 2 backs 1 yard shy of a bill.....:)

And I still don't think they compare with Argyle or Sanger.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Your right...makes many wonder what type of numbers those two listed above might lay downnnn:eek:

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Your right...makes many wonder what type of numbers those two listed above might lay downnnn:eek:
Well, we're about to find out for one of them, then we'll get a good idea when we play LJ, since they only lost to Argyle by 3. :taunt:

RPF2666
11-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Beauty of it is, Celina is still playing...

Maybe just one more game, maybe more, but still playing none-the-less!!!

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
There is a lot of conjecture about performance of the Celina D but Sanger is the D with a problem. There is no doubt that Celina can play O as well as sanger. It then comes down to who has the better d and it is not Sanger. IMHO.

d0tc0m
11-11-2010, 03:54 PM
with two HIGH powered and high scoring offenses...taking care of the football and effective clock management is going to be key in this one. a sidelined offense is an ineffective offense and can't hurt ya.

Gsquared
11-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Ive seen both and as much as I have seen a few publications picking Sanger in this one, I just cant see it. Sanger is going to get thier yards but Celina will wear them down. Celina pulls away in the 3rd (im guessing, could be sooner, could be later) and ends up winning by a coupla TD's.

d0tc0m
11-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Ive seen both and as much as I have seen a few publications picking Sanger in this one, I just cant see it. Sanger is going to get thier yards but Celina will wear them down. Celina pulls away in the 3rd (im guessing, could be sooner, could be later) and ends up winning by a coupla TD's.

sounds eerily similar to how celina usually takes down high powered offenses in the postseason.

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Well I still look at Massey and he has sanger at 133 329 O and D vs Celina 36 221 O and D. While he is not always right his right a lot. This kind of spread is usually sure deal. But IMHO this is more about matchups on the lines for both teams and I believe Celina wins in the trenches. That eventually bears out in the game. Both teams playing without too many mistakes should come out in favor of the bcats especially when weather conditions are factored. I have watched some footage of Sanger and they just don't look that fast.

Gsquared
11-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Well I still look at Massey and he has sanger at 133 329 O and D vs Celina 36 221 O and D. While he is not always right his right a lot. This kind of spread is usually sure deal. But IMHO this is more about matchups on the lines for both teams and I believe Celina wins in the trenches. That eventually bears out in the game. Both teams playing without too many mistakes should come out in favor of the bcats especially when weather conditions are factored. I have watched some footage of Sanger and they just don't look that fast.
The two recievers they screen to are pretty fast but overall team speed wont wow you much. I just think Celina runs up the gut on Sanger all night and that is what will wear Sanger down more than anything. Kind of makes me think of what they did to Pewitt and Garrison in both those state games.

BILLYFRED0000
11-11-2010, 04:46 PM
The two recievers they screen to are pretty fast but overall team speed wont wow you much. I just think Celina runs up the gut on Sanger all night and that is what will wear Sanger down more than anything. Kind of makes me think of what they did to Pewitt and Garrison in both those state games.

You might be right G. Aubrey did a good job on Sanger and they played keep away. If we control the clock and wear them down fast then it comes down to them being tired. Also we appear to have more depth.

firstdown
11-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Billyfred.... heres how I see it

1) Sanger has several key players that play both sides of the ball they will get tired in the second half
2) They aren't as excited about playing defense as they are offense. They will lose interest in a defensive game. It's not their cup of tea
3) You control the clock you control the game.

Sanger lost a very emotional game Friday. Perfect season gone, district championship gone, Senior night ruined.
I think you guys win but it won't be easy for ya. They can score quick. Good luck.

Gsquared
11-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Billyfred.... heres how I see it

1) Sanger has several key players that play both sides of the ball they will get tired in the second half
2) They aren't as excited about playing defense as they are offense. They will lose interest in a defensive game. It's not their cup of tea
3) You control the clock you control the game.

Sanger lost a very emotional game Friday. Perfect season gone, district championship gone, Senior night ruined.
I think you guys win but it won't be easy for ya. They can score quick. Good luck.
I agree with ya buddy! I do however think that a full strength Argyle team (defensivly) last Friday would have figured it out and would have held Sanger to fewer points than they did.

gatordaze
11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Don't leave me out!!

I know many here are tired of stats and justifications for this and that. The fact is that you CANNOT fairly judge a team that has not lost. The team that is behind is still playing at full effort with their starters and the team ahead by 2-3 TD's is thinking about hanging out with their girlfriends after the game while the 2nd teamer's mop up.

Even with that said, Celina has dominated all and with the exception of a renewed and emotional game with Pilot Point, never having a game in doubt after the first drive of the 2nd half when the 2's started filtering in.

Lets use Massey for comparative purposes only...

Massey newbies, the numbers represent state rank all classes, movement up or down, schedule strength, offensive ranking, defensive ranking, and power ranking (not sure how that is calculated, Net, Net the smaller the number the closer to the best you are. Brownwood's number would be a negative integer!)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/rd1vPW.jpg

Prestonwood was the best team we faced statistically, at that time, Celina was configured defensively to stop the run and did not pressure the QB very well. PW QB was 22-41 and threw for 400 yards with 2 TD’s but picked twice. PW D was not a factor as Celina had 555 yards of O with 338 on the ground and 217 in the air. Celina won on 56-34. The score was 56-21 early in the 3rd with the 2’s giving up 13 in the 4th.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/rd1vpp.jpg

Pilot Point was the most competitive game. Celina was still configured to stop the run on D and struggled with a scrambling QB. It was an emotional rivalry renewal game in which PP played probably played their best game and just did not have the depth to hang for 4 quarters. Mistakes were a factor with 4 turnovers Celina and only 2 for PP. PP D was not a factor at any point as Celina rolled up 514 yards of O and won 56-35.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/rd1VA.jpg

PPSTATEBOUND mentioned Van Alstyne. And yes, Van Alstyne's QB amassed 96 yards rushing and 123 through the air. What PPINURPANTS did not mention was that it was home coming, the score at half was 48-13, and the King and Queen were smooching in the stands while the 2's chased Mr. Dennis around. Final 55-28

Yes Van Alstyne is competitive... with Celina's 2nd team!

So how do all these compare to Sanger?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/rd1all.jpg

Sanger and Prestonwood are very similar philosophically as they rely on the arm of a very talented QB that does not run, neither are great defensively. Strength of schedules is roughly the same.

Defensively, Prestonwood is a bit better than Sanger and Celina put 56 on them through the 3rd with the 1st team. Sanger has given up 2X the rushing yards on the season than has Celina against a similar schedule.

Offensively, Prestonwood is significantly better than Sanger and the Celina 1st team held Prestonwood to 21 with the 2’s giving up 13 late. Celina is offensively to Prestonwood what Prestonwood is to Sanger and therefore, I see Celina putting up 50+ on this Sanger D and limiting them to 21-28 points at least until the game is decided.

As they relate to PP, PP was tough they just did not have enough juice to last for 4 quarters. Sanger plays 6 kids both ways and it will make a difference as Celina play 0 players both ways and rotate 5-6 across the D-lines. Celina has more size and speed than Sanger, has more depth and is better in all statistical defensive categories and all offensive with the except passing (virtual tie in total offensive production).

Sanger would kill VA and so did Celina.

What we do know is this...

Sanger is #1 in total offense...
Celina is # 2 in total offense(by 2 yards per game)...
Sanger is 1 dimensional offensively...
Celina is balanced offensively...
Sanger had to game plan each week to win district...
Celina has been game planning for Sanger for over 6 weeks...
Sanger lacks enough depth to 2 platoon...
Celina is deep, rested, and healthy...
Sanger has not beat Celina since 1998...
Celina has not ever lost a 1st round playoff game...

If its raining like a fat cow wizzin on a flat rock tomorrow night like it is right now, in fact if it is anything short of a southern California evening tomorrow night, don't bet against the orange!

gatordaze
11-11-2010, 06:51 PM
If you take the comparison all the way through with the higher rated teams winning the finals should be the best offense versus the best defense in D1.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/finals.jpg

MoveInDad
11-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Don't leave me out!!

I know many here are tired of stats and justifications for this and that. The fact is that you CANNOT fairly judge a team that has not lost. The team that is behind is still playing at full effort with their starters and the team ahead by 2-3 TD's is thinking about hanging out with their girlfriends after the game while the 2nd teamer's mop up.

Even with that said, Celina has dominated all and with the exception of a renewed and emotional game with Pilot Point, never having a game in doubt after the first drive of the 2nd half when the 2's started filtering in.

If its raining like a fat cow wizzin on a flat rock tomorrow night like it is right now, in fact if it is anything short of a southern California evening tomorrow night, don't bet against the orange!

Well there ya go! Thanks Gator!! But after all that, you were at your best with the PPINURPANTS line... cheers!

MesquiteFan
11-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Well there ya go! Thanks Gator!! But after all that, you were at your best with the PPINURPANTS line... cheers!

Celina needs to hire gator as their official statistician! Kind of like the math teacher on Remember the Titans who scouted the game film and gave the coaches an in depth statistical scouting report

Nice work! :clap:

MN95
11-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Don't leave me out!!

Massey newbies, the numbers represent state rank all classes, movement up or down, schedule strength, offensive ranking, defensive ranking, and power ranking (not sure how that is calculated, Net, Net the smaller the number the closer to the best you are. Brownwood's number would be a negative integer!)

Prestonwood was the best team we faced statistically, at that time, Celina was configured defensively to stop the run and did not pressure the QB very well. PW QB was 22-41 and threw for 400 yards with 2 TD’s but picked twice. PW D was not a factor as Celina had 555 yards of O with 338 on the ground and 217 in the air. Celina won on 56-34. The score was 56-21 early in the 3rd with the 2’s giving up 13 in the 4th.

Pilot Point was the most competitive game. Celina was still configured to stop the run on D and struggled with a scrambling QB. It was an emotional rivalry renewal game in which PP played probably played their best game and just did not have the depth to hang for 4 quarters. Mistakes were a factor with 4 turnovers Celina and only 2 for PP. PP D was not a factor at any point as Celina rolled up 514 yards of O and won 56-35.

PPSTATEBOUND mentioned Van Alstyne. And yes, Van Alstyne's QB amassed 96 yards rushing and 123 through the air. What PPINURPANTS did not mention was that it was home coming, the score at half was 48-13, and the King and Queen were smooching in the stands while the 2's chased Mr. Dennis around. Final 55-28

Sanger and Prestonwood are very similar philosophically as they rely on the arm of a very talented QB that does not run, neither are great defensively. Strength of schedules is roughly the same.

Defensively, Prestonwood is a bit better than Sanger and Celina put 56 on them through the 3rd with the 1st team. Sanger has given up 2X the rushing yards on the season than has Celina against a similar schedule.

Offensively, Prestonwood is significantly better than Sanger and the Celina 1st team held Prestonwood to 21 with the 2’s giving up 13 late. Celina is offensively to Prestonwood what Prestonwood is to Sanger and therefore, I see Celina putting up 50+ on this Sanger D and limiting them to 21-28 points at least until the game is decided.

As they relate to PP, PP was tough they just did not have enough juice to last for 4 quarters. Sanger plays 6 kids both ways and it will make a difference as Celina play 0 players both ways and rotate 5-6 across the D-lines. Celina has more size and speed than Sanger, has more depth and is better in all statistical defensive categories and all offensive with the except passing (virtual tie in total offensive production).

OK, but I'm still nervous.

gatordaze
11-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Thats just the dad in you that has to face the soon and eventual last game of your only son's football career. Hopefully it will include alot of smiles and a bit of personal redemption. As sort of make up game if you know what I mean!

GR Tiger_14
11-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Not a fan of Celina. They are notorious for Texas High School Football though. Gotta go with Sanger on the upset.

bobcat1
11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Thats just the dad in you that has to face the soon and eventual last game of your only son's football career. Hopefully it will include alot of smiles and a bit of personal redemption. As sort of make up game if you know what I mean! I hope so for the son's sake. He was and is a difference maker and a heck of a good kid.

partimefan
11-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Don't leave me out!!

Sounds like you guys have it wrapped up.

bobcat1
11-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Sounds like you guys have it wrapped up. :blahblah: :dispntd: :dispntd: You are the only one that ever has said that.

CHS_89
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Sounds like you guys have it wrapped up.

At least on paper...game still has to be played to determine a winner. Anything can happen...playoff's BABEEE!!! Go Cats!

d0tc0m
11-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Yup and we all know the game is won on the field and not on paper. and these coaches and players definitely know that. i do recall a certain explosive offense in Whitewright in '04 that was supposed to light up the score board on us.... i think at the end of the day their side of the board had a nice big goose egg on it.

PPSTATEBOUND
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
PPINURPANTS

Pretty childish...I must ask..are you the one suiting up tonight?

Anyhow best of luck to both teams.:)

ctown
11-12-2010, 09:49 AM

It's an inside joke for people who know what they are talking about. You look foolish for even commenting. Put some more polish on that trophy. It can tarnish after a year...

partimefan
11-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ctown
It's an inside joke for people who know what they are talking about. You look foolish for even commenting. Put some more polish on that trophy. It can tarnish after a year...

Wondering if 8 trophies can tarnish as fast as 1?

MoveInDad
11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
No, but he'll be as close to the action as you can get without wearing a helmet...;)

MN95
11-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Thats just the dad in you that has to face the soon and eventual last game of your only son's football career. Hopefully it will include alot of smiles and a bit of personal redemption. As sort of make up game if you know what I mean!

I'll bet 52 stays far from the team scrum after running through the victory line.

BILLYFRED0000
11-12-2010, 11:04 AM
we hope so........ that just was not funny the way that happened. I was standing right there and saw the whole darn thing.

marler1972
11-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Celina by alot we will suprise them and shut there O down just a gut feeling.

marler1972
11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I'll bet 52 stays far from the team scrum after running through the victory line.

He better

bobcat1
11-12-2010, 11:51 AM
I'll bet 52 stays far from the team scrum after running through the victory line. I don't blame him. Man we missed him against Carthage. He will wreck shop tonight. Get 'em 52!

FHS 74
11-12-2010, 01:17 PM
After having read all the stats and the weather forecasts on how it plays right into Celina's hands Sanger should just call Butchie and call off this game. All the experts have played this one out and what I can gather by the 4 minute mark of the 2nd quarter Celina will have 75% of all their starters loading up on the bus getting ready to go to IHOP for the victory dinner. UIL will have called the school on Monday stating they are Fed Exing the SC trophy along with a cardboard cut out of Kenny. No need to play any more games. Evidently Celina is prepared to take on the the next 5A Champ and give points.

MoveInDad
11-12-2010, 01:28 PM
After having read all the stats and the weather forecasts on how it plays right into Celina's hands Sanger should just call Butchie and call off this game. All the experts have played this one out and what I can gather by the 4 minute mark of the 2nd quarter Celina will have 75% of all their starters loading up on the bus getting ready to go to IHOP for the victory dinner. UIL will have called the school on Monday stating they are Fed Exing the SC trophy along with a cardboard cut out of Kenny. No need to play any more games. Evidently Celina is prepared to take on the the next 5A Champ and give points.
Well, you can read into it however you want... but I don't think you can point to many Celina supporters that feel that way.

OLINEFAN
11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Well I'm new to the 3A downlow thing, but one thing I know is there will be a football game tonight in Denton, Texas. You can bet the house that Coach Ford and his Staff will have the Celina Bobcats ready to play. Win or Lose Celina, Texas is a first class City that has all of lifes priorities in line:

God
Family
Football

see you all at the GAME!

FHS 74
11-12-2010, 01:54 PM
It seems alot like the game of Spades.No matter what you have I can trump you. Good luck to both teams.

MesquiteFan
11-12-2010, 02:12 PM

lol wow

BILLYFRED0000
11-12-2010, 02:25 PM
It seems alot like the game of Spades.No matter what you have I can trump you. Good luck to both teams.

YOu forgot to mention that we recruited Kenny Chesney to do a video promoting us so we could get more money to pay our recruits.

Gsquared
11-12-2010, 02:39 PM
YOu forgot to mention that we recruited Kenny Chesney to do a video promoting us so we could get more money to pay our recruits.
Orrrr, does Kenny Chesney have a stud 8th grader and he is looking for a program to put him in? :nerd:

marler1972
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Orrrr, does Kenny Chesney have a stud 8th grader and he is looking for a program to put him in? :nerd:

I hope cause that sure would help out the 8th grade class that is already pretty salty......

FHS 74
11-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't think the term "Recruit" is proper anymore. I like to go with the term "convenient move in"

d0tc0m
11-12-2010, 03:22 PM

yeah i'm pretty sure if you look back through all these posts you'll find that not a single person said anything like that....so this is coming from your own faulty deductive reasoning. maybe it's the FHS that you went to that makes you so bitter.

FHS 74
11-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Not bitter, heck ya'll ended up with some pretty good Frisco players. I left before the metroplex ended up in our backyard.

d0tc0m
11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
it rained hard earlier when my dad and i went to get lunch in mckinney, then it was beautiful outside and looked like the weather might miss us. and we were just at the celina park throwing the ball around and it came a mini-flood for a bit, now the sun is shining again. Hopefully the rain is gone and the cool front won't bring anymore wet stuff with it. What time is everyone heading over to the stadium?

marler1972
11-12-2010, 04:32 PM
it rained hard earlier when my dad and i went to get lunch in mckinney, then it was beautiful outside and looked like the weather might miss us. and we were just at the celina park throwing the ball around and it came a mini-flood for a bit, now the sun is shining again. Hopefully the rain is gone and the cool front won't bring anymore wet stuff with it. What time is everyone heading over to the stadium? \

The Orange Bus is leaving Celina at 4:30.

d0tc0m
11-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah I think we'll be about an hour behind the bus. Man I'm getting excited!

WildTexan972
11-12-2010, 10:31 PM
9-2 season there Sanger....good year for ya...good luck again next year....

charlesrixey
11-12-2010, 11:57 PM
im actually very surprised that it wasn't a lot closer. Celina's defense just came out on fire. Celina's offense did their job, but the defense played by far the best game all year. Congratulations to Sanger on a fine season-they have a lot to look forward to next year.

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Sanger by 24

Whatcha got???

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Sanger 42
Celina 38

Wrongo bongo Rocko

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:14 AM

Boom

charlesrixey
11-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Wrongo bongo Rocko

lol

score was 42-0 through three quarters, and Sanger had 100 yards until the last 15 minutes (against the seconds) and half of that was on one play.

great performance by our defense

bobcat1
11-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
lol

score was 42-0 through three quarters, and Sanger had 100 yards until the last 15 minutes (against the seconds) and half of that was on one play.

great performance by our defense You're exactly right Rixey. Coach Ford's defense was dialed in last night and I suspect the few long plays they had would normally been called back on holding calls. I'm not talking aboout interior line holding calls. I am talking about take downs on the edge all alone one on one in plain view of the whole world. I don't remember holding being called at all last night.

The point is the defense controlled the Sanger offense. The Bobcat offense faltered on their first drive but other than that were not stopped until the 2's came in. Good all around game last night Bobcats.

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:26 AM

Find another bandwagon this week.

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:30 AM

Answer the question....

MN95
11-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Great defense and ball control, clock chewing offense. A pretty good formula for playoffs. Proud of our boys.

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
VA nailed Celina for 326 yards and 28 points.......They had a 100 yard passer and 2 backs 1 yard shy of a bill.....

I'm skeered paw. oh no.....

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by GR Tiger_14
Not a fan of Celina. They are notorious for Texas High School Football though. Gotta go with Sanger on the upset.

You'll just have to settle for being upset Mr. Hater

BILLYFRED0000
11-13-2010, 09:39 AM
The thing that just kills me is the lack of holding calls. I was not pleased with the officials. That cannot be the standard for any game. If a guy gets his shoulders turned up and under and on the way by and the lineman still has jersey you have to call that. I know I saw four of those myself.

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Proud of the boys for doing even better than most fans could have hoped for last night. The playoffs leave no excuses for schedule or anything else.

Looking forward to all the little smug Celina bashers comments this week. You might have hoped Celina was on the downhill but you are sadly mistaken. But yall go ahead, keep coming with some more drivel this week.

ctown
11-13-2010, 09:48 AM
The thing that just kills me is the lack of holding calls. I was not pleased with the officials. That cannot be the standard for any game. If a guy gets his shoulders turned up and under and on the way by and the lineman still has jersey you have to call that. I know I saw four of those myself.

There were some bad ones for sure. But I am glad the boys still performed so well on D. I'm sure there would have been a few more sacks but our guys were man enough to play the game all out, no matter what the refs decided to call or not call.

sandbagger
11-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Proud of the boys for doing even better than most fans could have hoped for last night. The playoffs leave no excuses for schedule or anything else.

Looking forward to all the little smug Celina bashers comments this week. You might have hoped Celina was on the downhill but you are sadly mistaken. But yall go ahead, keep coming with some more drivel this week. OK