PDA

View Full Version : decatur vs kennedale

5wide
11-07-2010, 08:55 PM
who wins?

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
who wins? not decatur, they couldnt beat a pinata. much less a playoff team.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
well, i want the eagletts to win but they are banged up from what i have heard. kennedale wins this one by multiple touchdowns, good luck eagletts.

trojan37
11-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Kennedale by 3 TD's. Watch out for #40 Bo Burgess-very good back.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
trojan man, you've seen kennedale, give us the scoop on them NOW!!! are they a spread team or a pound the rock team?:thinking:

5wide
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
yes decatur was down to its third string qb last week and he suffered from a broken rib( so ive heard). It will be tough but we put 38 pts on you sissie so anything is possible..

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
has decatur beat a playoff team in the last three years? i really dont think so.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:04 PM
yes decatur was down to its third string qb last week and he suffered from a broken rib( so ive heard). It will be tough but we put 38 pts on you sissie so anything is possible..

yeah but that was with a healthy eagletts team, which QB is hurt?

trojan37
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
trojan man, you've seen kennedale, give us the scoop on them NOW!!! are they a spread team or a pound the rock team?:thinking: They will pound the rock. They run 90-95% of the time. Burgess will get most of those carries. The thing that struck me as being odd with Kennedale, for as big a school as they are, alot of their guys played both ways.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
They will pound the rock. They run 90-95% of the time. Burgess will get most of those carries. The thing that struck me as being odd with Kennedale, for as big a school as they are, alot of their guys played both ways.

that's bad news for Decatur.

5wide
11-07-2010, 09:10 PM
both...hodges hasnt played since bport i think and the other kid (mulestein) missed the 2nd 3rd and 4th qtrs of mineral wells and the castleberry game.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:15 PM
both...hodges hasnt played since bport i think and the other kid (mulestein) missed the 2nd 3rd and 4th qtrs of mineral wells and the castleberry game.

wow, that has to suck for you guys... well atleast yall made the playoffs this year.:D

5wide
11-07-2010, 09:20 PM
yea but its not good when your limping in..but to makr 7 out of the last 9 years isn't to bad

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:23 PM
yea but its not good when your limping in..but to makr 7 out of the last 9 years isn't to bad

maybe kennedale will have a bad night and decatur can sneak out a win....

GR Tiger_14
11-07-2010, 09:56 PM
trojan man, you've seen kennedale, give us the scoop on them NOW!!! are they a spread team or a pound the rock team?:thinking:

First of all, don't ask someone from West to give you info cause Trojans know nothing about the sport, secondly, I watched this years Glen Rose team play Kennedale. My friend and I stood at the endzone and watched. Yeah Kennedale put a beating on GR but they are not that good of a team. They run the ball the whole time, which can be easy to stop, and their defense let GR put a bunch of points on the board and GR this year played terrible. GR jumped out 14-0 1st quarter too. If Decatur can jump on them, hit Kennedale in the mouth first play, they got a shot of winning this one. Also, Bo Burgess is a joke. Tall white boy that is it. Hit him low and he won't want that ball again.

trojan37
11-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by GR Tiger_14
First of all, don't ask someone from West to give you info cause Trojans know nothing about the sport, secondly, I watched this years Glen Rose team play Kennedale. My friend and I stood at the endzone and watched. Yeah Kennedale put a beating on GR but they are not that good of a team. They run the ball the whole time, which can be easy to stop, and their defense let GR put a bunch of points on the board and GR this year played terrible. GR jumped out 14-0 1st quarter too. If Decatur can jump on them, hit Kennedale in the mouth first play, they got a shot of winning this one. Also, Bo Burgess is a joke. Tall white boy that is it. Hit him low and he won't want that ball again. Man you talk alot of crap for a team that got beat by Kennedale AND West. Once again, if we know nothing about the sport I feel sorry for you bud because West owned GR this year. You absolutely crack me up.

Matthew328
11-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Kennedale's offense is not easy to stop...they run the true Wing-T and run it well..it's a tough offense to prepare for...when you key on Burgess they hit you with the trap or wingback counter..Kennedale is a very good team

bigwood33
11-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Kennedale's offense is not easy to stop...they run the true Wing-T and run it well..it's a tough offense to prepare for...when you key on Burgess they hit you with the trap or wingback counter..Kennedale is a very good team
I've also seen them trot the Nasty Slot out a few times with good success.
Winged- T, Straight- T, and a little Slot- T. They run it well and they WILL play some defense!

trojan37
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
You have to remember, the person who is saying Kennedale can be stopped had 60 hung on them. Hmmm.....

AngeloState39
11-07-2010, 10:37 PM
You have to remember, the person who is saying Kennedale can be stopped had 60 hung on them. Hmmm..... ouch:doh:
must suck to be from glen rose

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
You have to remember, the person who is saying Kennedale can be stopped had 60 hung on them. Hmmm..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

cstatbull
11-08-2010, 01:09 AM
haha i was at the a&m game the other day and these 2 guys walkin next to my friend and i asked us where we were from and he said bridgeport.. they were like Bridgport!!! **** you!!! were from GR you guys beat us in football.. hahaha i love it.. oh but yeahh i think kennedale is gunna have fun this week.. that is unless decatur doesnt decide to injure some kennedale players in an all out brawl

rholl
11-08-2010, 08:12 AM
First of all, don't ask someone from West to give you info cause Trojans know nothing about the sport, secondly, I watched this years Glen Rose team play Kennedale. My friend and I stood at the endzone and watched. Yeah Kennedale put a beating on GR but they are not that good of a team. They run the ball the whole time, which can be easy to stop, and their defense let GR put a bunch of points on the board and GR this year played terrible. GR jumped out 14-0 1st quarter too. If Decatur can jump on them, hit Kennedale in the mouth first play, they got a shot of winning this one. Also, Bo Burgess is a joke. Tall white boy that is it. Hit him low and he won't want that ball again.

Wow...someone from Glen Rose talkin trash about football this year. Bo Burgess is a joke??? Lets see he's right at 1000 yrds for the yr....already got his full ride to Tech....yea he's a joke!!! Dang he must have really kicked yalls butt for u to call him out
Here the deal.....go inside and close the door on you big ol indoor facility and practice til next year and see if you can do a little better!!!!!!!

GrTigers6
11-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Kennedale is very tough on offense, however they do have some weaknesses that we exploited in our game against them. # 40 is pretty awesome, he reminds me of the kid from wimberley that got hurt this year. Except this kid has experience. And if you try to stop him they have a few other speedy backs to give it or toss it too.

Eaglefan
11-08-2010, 09:13 AM
We are a VERY banged up team right now. Four starters are out. Just hope we can walk away without getting anyone else hurt too bad.

partimefan
11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Kennedale by 24 if D is still w/out Hodges.
Kennedale by 10 if he plays

fbjm
11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
GR_Tiger14

When you get 62 hung on you...you don't get on here and run your mouth!!! If you were standing down in the end zone as you say, then you know better than most that is was an %@* whippin!! Tell you what...since you have nowhere to go on Friday, except to another team's playoff game...come to Saginaw or go watch a game of thump thump. I'm sure GR is playing somewhere!!!

defense51
11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Kennedale wins big, thay are rolling and will continue to do so. Kennedale has a very strong running game, two excellent runners who will pound it out play after play. #40 is big and incredibly fast, look for a run into the quarterfinals at least for Kennedale.

GR Tiger_14
11-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by fbjm
GR_Tiger14

When you get 62 hung on you...you don't get on here and run your mouth!!! If you were standing down in the end zone as you say, then you know better than most that is was an %@* whippin!! Tell you what...since you have nowhere to go on Friday, except to another team's playoff game...come to Saginaw or go watch a game of thump thump. I'm sure GR is playing somewhere!!!
I can run my mouth when and where I want man. All I care about is how my teams did at GR and this year I wasn't on that team so you can stop with the GR jokes, they don't phase me. Wanna meet up at a game somewhere? I bet after we meet you will be writing a little bit nicer about GR on here.

GR Tiger_14
11-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by rholl
Wow...someone from Glen Rose talkin trash about football this year. Bo Burgess is a joke??? Lets see he's right at 1000 yrds for the yr....already got his full ride to Tech....yea he's a joke!!! Dang he must have really kicked yalls butt for u to call him out
Here the deal.....go inside and close the door on you big ol indoor facility and practice til next year and see if you can do a little better!!!!!!!
Wish we had a big indoor facility:bigcry:

DaHop72
11-08-2010, 11:34 PM
I can run my mouth when and where I want man. All I care about is how my teams did at GR and this year I wasn't on that team so you can stop with the GR jokes, they don't phase me. Wanna meet up at a game somewhere? I bet after we meet you will be writing a little bit nicer about GR on here. I'm sure with this attitude that Glen Rose is glad to have a fair weather fan like you no longer in school there.:hand: :hand: :hand: :hand:

GR Tiger_14
11-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Man you talk alot of crap for a team that got beat by Kennedale AND West. Once again, if we know nothing about the sport I feel sorry for you bud because West owned GR this year. You absolutely crack me up.
They beat GR big whoop. What is that like 1st time in 5 years? I wasn't playing so it doesn't matter. Beat West sophmore year, junior, senior, and if I had the chance to be a 5th year senior....I think it would be same result. Who are you anyway man? Did you even play football? You crack ME up. :D

trojan37
11-09-2010, 12:23 AM
As stupid as you sound I can't believe you're not a 5th year senior.

t-bag31
11-09-2010, 08:25 AM
parker the back up qb is really good. decatur needs to stop the run and fly to the ball if they wanna win.

AngeloState39
11-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by t-bag31
parker the back up qb is really good. decatur needs to stop the run and fly to the ball if they wanna win. the same quarterback from last year??? thats what you have coming into the playoffs?? well goodluck with that.

AngeloState39
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
As stupid as you sound I can't believe you're not a 5th year senior. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

5wide
11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I think it will be mulestein...the qb that ran all over bport ;)

AngeloState39
11-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I think it will be mulestein...the qb that ran all over bport ;) he's really fast

GR Tiger_14
11-09-2010, 09:00 PM
As stupid as you sound I can't believe you're not a 5th year senior.
Whatever helps you sleep at night man. Just go down to the Czech Stop and fill up on them kolaches:D :D

rangerjim60
11-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Rain coming this week boys. Weather can be a big equalizer. Guess we'll find out who has the better cleats!

AngeloState39
11-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
Rain coming this week boys. Weather can be a big equalizer. Guess we'll find out who has the better cleats! wouldnt rain hurt decatur more? kennedale is a run team, decatur is more spread and like to pass. id say rain hurts your chances even more.

GrTigers6
11-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
wouldnt rain hurt decatur more? kennedale is a run team, decatur is more spread and like to pass. id say rain hurts your chances even more. Kennedale runs more than pass due to several speedy backs. but dont think they cant burn you on a pass that surprises you. You have to be ready for anything with them.

rholl
11-10-2010, 01:16 PM
I can run my mouth when and where I want man. All I care about is how my teams did at GR and this year I wasn't on that team so you can stop with the GR jokes, they don't phase me. Wanna meet up at a game somewhere? I bet after we meet you will be writing a little bit nicer about GR on here.

All I wanna know is if this tough guy is still posting??? LOL

Gsquared
11-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Yes they are good and they run the Wing-T as good as any program that has ever ran it. You can key on Burgess all you want but doesnt mean you can stop him. Ask Alvarado. They knew where the football was going and they had a hard time with him. They hit that wing back trap to perfection too!! Watch out for Kennedale.

Bullaholic
11-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Decatur's chances against Kennedale will be greatly diminished if either of the backfield studs doesn't play, or is not 100%---and no disrespect intended to the players who will have to step up and play if this happens.

BullBoy
11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Decatur's chances against Kennedale will be greatly diminished if either of the backfield studs doesn't play, or is not 100%---and no disrespect intended to the players who will have to step up and play if this happens.

in the wcmessenger it says hodges is out for this game. they don't know who their QB will be on game day.

tog
11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Kennedale is a well oiled program.

t-bag31
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
in the wcmessenger it says hodges is out for this game. they don't know who their QB will be on game day.

HODGES WAS KICKED OFF HE TEAM

AngeloState39
11-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by t-bag31
HODGES WAS KICKED OFF HE TEAM decatur has a problem keeping good athletes around. id say coaching maybe:thinking:

rangerjim60
11-11-2010, 09:46 AM
I love me some Eagles but if we keep it within 21 it will be a victory, moral that is - Man I hate moral victories.

t-bag31
11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
decatur has a problem keeping good athletes around. id say coaching maybe:thinking:

agree! The kids dont respect story as much as the did when i played.

partimefan
11-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Don't know the truth about what happened to the Eagle's best player, but I know that he is a amazing athlete who can be a great kid when he gets the right encouragement. Coaches didn't recognize his talent and take him under their wings early enough. People in the Big D didn't like it cause he wasn't home grown, took positions that they thought their kiddos deserved.

Doc Holliday
11-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I know that Coach story and his coaches are totally class guys and run a great program. There is always more to a story than the one side that the people in the town hear. Good luck to the eagles.

partimefan
11-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by partimefan
Don't know the truth about what happened to the Eagle's best player, but I know that he is a amazing athlete who can be a great kid when he gets the right encouragement. Coaches didn't recognize his talent and take him under their wings early enough. People in the Big D didn't like it cause he wasn't home grown, took positions that they thought their kiddos deserved.

I don't mean any disrespect to Coach Story. He is a class act as a person and a coach. But, sometimes even the best coaches don't see a player's potential because other factors get in the way.

5wide
11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
coach story and his staff deserve a ton of credit for this year! All the crap they have had to deal with and still managed a respectful season...look when the talemt isnt there..it shows!

Eaglefan
11-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Doc Holliday
I know that Coach story and his coaches are totally class guys and run a great program. There is always more to a story than the one side that the people in the town hear. Good luck to the eagles.

This is the best post I have read on this forum to date. There is always more to a story and people need to remember that.