PDA

View Full Version : Dallas vs Green Bay Game Thread

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
How bad how quick? LOL

One of these weeks Dallas will get that holy crap they actually played well game..we shall see if it is this one or not

Keith7
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Green Bay by 56

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm hoping the defense decides to show up and keep it close.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Green Bay by 56 :redxpoke:

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Green Bay by 56

Come on Keith take off your Philly glasses, aint no way in hell GB will beat Dallas by 56..These are professionals and Dallas has talent..they will keep it at least around 42 :D

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I've got Dallas 7 Green Bay 8 and Dallas 4 Green Bay 9. If it wasn't for that I would care less
about this game. :D

jason
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM
i have green bay's defense in the fantasy league so i have no opinion.....

pirate4state
11-07-2010, 08:03 PM
This is a game we should lose by 56 :D so we'll probably win by 20 just to piss Keith off. I have a call in to Jerry :D LOL

Pendragon13
11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Can I still call myself a lifelong Cowboys fan if I have a movie qued up in the dvd player just in case things go bad early in the game?:o

Inmateboss
11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I've got Dallas 7 Green Bay 8 and Dallas 4 Green Bay 9. If it wasn't for that I would care less
about this game. :D

I wish I was on a board so I would want to watch!!!

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Green Bay is going to own them, if Jacksonville and their crappy QB shredded dallas up then just imagine what Rodgers will do to their terrible secondary.:D

TexMike
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
If a player does not know he cannot kick a loose ball that is on the coaches.

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Futbol?

Pendragon13
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Awesome..Kitna picked off by a rookie corner. *fingers dvd player remote*

Keith7
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
*fingers dvd player remote*

:eek: :eek:

bwdlionfan
11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Awesome..Kitna picked off by a rookie corner. *fingers dvd player remote*

sounds dirty

bwdlionfan
11-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
If a player does not know he cannot kick a loose ball that is on the coaches.

I don't know.... You'd think NFL players would know the rules.

TexMike
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Not if they have never been taught them

JJWalker
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM
This is one of those times that the statement, "That is why they play the game", doesn't count.

This game should have been cancelled and Green Bay given the W.

And ... if somehow the Cowboys score more points than Green Bay tonight, the NFL Comish needs to launch an investigation into game fixing.

Matthew328
11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
This is just brutal to watch

Keith7
11-07-2010, 09:35 PM
well at least they arn't on pace for the 56 I predecited

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 09:35 PM

told ya LOL

MesquiteFan
11-07-2010, 09:39 PM

there's still time lol

Honest question for everybody: Is this more disappointing because of the expectations coming into this season? When we were going 5-11 I didn't feel nearly this much anger towards the team.

Don't get me wrong, I will be a Cowboys fan my whole life. I just think the expectations we had coming in are making this that much worse.

TexMike
11-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Huge PR win for Jerry Jones if he were to refund all or part of the season ticket holder money for this season.

Keith7
11-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
told ya LOL

Well nevermind

LH Panther Mom
That dude looked he was jogging into the endzone. :doh:

BullBoy

you're right, they're on pace for 70! DALLAS IS TERRIBLE and i'm loving every bit of it!!!!!:D

Keith7
11-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
you're right, they're on pace for 70! DALLAS IS TERRIBLE and i'm loving every bit of it!!!!!:D

I feel the same way but, really, I can't help but have a little sympathy for the cowgirls.

Farmersfan
11-07-2010, 09:44 PM
The players are acting like Wade Philips in their play!!!! Goofy, lost and staring around like he doesn't have a friggin clue! Why is he still the coach of this team??????

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Why is he still the coach of this team??????
Because if there's a lock-out, they won't need a coach next year, at least for a while, so it's pretty much too late for now.

MesquiteFan
11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
The players are acting like Wade Philips in their play!!!! Goofy, lost and staring around like he doesn't have a friggin clue! Why is he still the coach of this team??????

I give it 24 more hours and Fat Wade is gone.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 09:46 PM

I dont see how Jones can after this performance keep Wade..Phillips basically resigned last week with his comments and yet is still here

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I feel the same way but, really, I can't help but have a little sympathy for the cowgirls.
no sympathy here, i can't wait til my Philly Eagles destroy them next month!!!:D

TexMike
11-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Fire Wade and move Jerry to the sideline!! (Now that is desperation!!)

Keith7
11-07-2010, 09:50 PM
no sympathy here, i can't wait til my Philly Eagles destroy them next month!!!:D

me either :) :)

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
Dez Bryant is and will be a stud

eagles_victory
Wade has to go at this point I dont see how he keeps his job.

Keith7
11-07-2010, 09:52 PM
De Bryant is and will be a stud

he looks good against the Green Bay back ups playing to not get penalized.

I wonder what he would do against a real defense :thinking:

Does Patrick Crayton ring a bell?

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 09:53 PM

ur funny

MesquiteFan
11-07-2010, 09:54 PM

Dez has already done more than Crayton ever did in a Cowboy uniform, IMO. Bryant is a threat teams need to be aware of...Crayton wasn't.

I would say Jeremy Maclin of your Birds looks more like a Patrick Crayton type...

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
me either :) :)

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess those cowboy fans should have waited for the season to start before talking about superbowl... don't hear it as much these days as much as i did during pre-season.:D

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Dez has already done more than Crayton ever did in a Cowboy uniform, IMO. Bryant is a threat teams need to be aware of...Crayton wasn't.

I would say Jeremy Maclin of your Birds looks more like a Patrick Crayton type...

you wish!

tigerball4life
11-07-2010, 09:56 PM
REALLY. you challenge a 2nd and inches when your defense can't stop anything, now you have a real need to challenge and you can't. Wh is making this decesions. This isn't all on Wade but he has to pull his head out and tell his asst. coaches to either coach this huys up or you are out of here (right after me). WHY ISN'T DEZ BRYANT ON THE FILED EVERY OFFENSIVE SNAP?!?!?!?! is it that he doesn't know the play book , who cares he has to be better than this . Jerry start gathering film on Olineman and DB's because you got NOTHING

MesquiteFan
11-07-2010, 10:00 PM
At this point, I think it's best the Cowboys just hang it up...

Remaining schedule: @ NY Giants, vs. Detroit, vs. NO, @ Indy, vs. Philly, vs. Washington, @ Arizona, @ Philly

I can see us winning two, MAYBE 3 of those games, which puts us at best at 4-12.

Then we can go after a high draft pick (and if there's a lockout, we may see two years worth of draftees in one), and get a competent head coach.

SintonFan
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Two Iggles fans on the downlow?
A sign of the Apocalypse, for sure!:doh:

Txbroadcaster
This is why Phillips IMO must be fired

Since Dez Bryant's punt return for a touchdown gave the Cowboys a 20-7 lead against the Giants,the Cowboys defense has allowed points on 15 of the last 25 drives, not including three end of half or game situations.

we all kept hearing well PHillips is the DC so to fire him means finding two replacements...well the D is now broke, so what is the point of keeping him?

JJWalker
At this point, I think it's best the Cowboys just hang it up...

Remaining schedule: @ NY Giants, vs. Detroit, vs. NO, @ Indy, vs. Philly, vs. Washington, @ Arizona, @ Philly

I can see us winning two, MAYBE 3 of those games, which puts us at best at 4-12.

Then we can go after a high draft pick (and if there's a lockout, we may see two years worth of draftees in one), and get a competent head coach.
That is very optimistic.

tigerball4life
11-07-2010, 10:08 PM
NO HE DIDN'T . Al Michaels just compared wade to TOM LANDRY in the way he deals with players.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by tigerball4life
NO HE DIDN'T . Al Michaels just compared wade to TOM LANDRY in the way he deals with players.

no he said Landry was not a yeller..which he was not. Landry was never about being a firey loud type

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Quarterbacks have a total of six incompletions in the last six quarters against Wade Phillips' defense

coach
11-07-2010, 10:21 PM
the reason wade is still coaching is bc of the possible lockout next year

Keith7
11-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Quarterbacks have a total of six incompletions in the last six quarters against Wade Phillips' defense

but but but Jenkins and Newman are pro bowlers :p

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 10:28 PM
but but but Jenkins and Newman are pro bowlers :p

hey enjoy, the Cowboys are bad this year

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 10:34 PM
hey enjoy, the Cowboys are bad this year

quit sugar coating it, they're not bad, THEY'RE TERRIBLE!!! WORST TEAM IN THE NFL! :D

MesquiteFan
11-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Will it ever get to the point where JJ makes himself look stupid for not firing Wade?

Farmersfan
11-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Will it ever get to the point where JJ makes himself look stupid for not firing Wade?

That point was after the playoff loss to the Vikings last season! The team's play was about as bad as we have watched this season.....

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 10:49 PM
That point was after the playoff loss to the Vikings last season! The team's play was about as bad as we have watched this season.....

:rolleyes:

MesquiteFan
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM

He was never going to fire Wade after he won them the first playoff game since 96. Jerry has been preaching continuity with the coaching staff for two years now, but IMO the entire coaching staff including Wade has lost its voice. No one is listening anymore.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2010, 10:56 PM
He was never going to fire Wade after he won them the first playoff game since 96. Jerry has been preaching continuity with the coaching staff for two years now, but IMO the entire coaching staff including Wade has lost its voice. No one is listening anymore.

and it would be silly for ANY team to ever fire a coach after winning a play off game, you would have a hard time afterwards finding a good coach willing to step into a situation like that.

And I know FF and I disagree, but I never felt the team gave up in the Minny game, they just got beat

We have now seen them since the 3rd Q agianst the Giants do nothing BUT give up. THAT is why you fire Wade now..not for just the losses, but because the team has no effort or heart

BullBoy
11-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Look on the brightside cowgirl fans, atleast it's not gonna be a shut out.:D

DaHop72
11-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Jenkins should have to find his own flight home, he quit and wouldn't even try and make a tackle.

Eagle 1
11-07-2010, 11:09 PM
I guess, I think the Cowboys should try letting Stephen McGee play qb before firing Wade.
Just a thought, sometimes you just need to keep turning over stones.

Daddy D 11
11-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I've been screaming for McGee since Romo went down! Why the hell not? Worse comes to worse he wins you some games, ups his trade value and you trade him for a decent safety or an offensive lineman.

LionFan72
11-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Wade need to proceed to the Airport and buy his own ticket home, if he is not fired tonight after this embarrassing loss, then the fans need to cash in their tickets and quit supporting a lousy team and owner. Let them empty seats speak, Jerry will listen. Slap em in the pocket book, they listen to MONEY talks!

skins4life
11-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Two Iggles fans on the downlow?
A sign of the Apocalypse, for sure!:doh:

There's more than 1 'Skins fan too,:D Others are just hiding out. ;)

bobcat1
11-08-2010, 12:03 AM
That had to be embarrassing. It was for me and I'm just a fan. Maybe Jerry will sell them and the new owner will fire Wade and crew. Wade must have a very incriminating picture of Jerry. If I perfomed like the coaches or players I would get fired. What was Wade thinking when he challenged the 1st and goal play at the one. They were going to get in anyway. Idiot!

DaHop72
11-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by skins4life
There's more than 1 'Skins fan too,:D Others are just hiding out. ;) Are they as ignorant as you? :devil: :devil:

NateDawg39
11-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I still love my Cowboys! I just despise the coach, owner, and majority of players exception being Felix Jones and J Witten

skins4life
11-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Are they as ignorant as you? :devil: :devil:

Oh no!! No one is as ignorant as me :D Just ask the # 1 card holder!!! :devil: :devil:

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I still love my Cowboys! I just despise the coach, owner, and majority of players exception being Felix Jones and J Witten

Really? because IMO Witten and even Jones are two of the bigger problems...especially Witten who has been a penalty machine who does not block anymore

eagles_victory
11-08-2010, 02:47 AM
Really? because IMO Witten and even Jones are two of the bigger problems...especially Witten who has been a penalty machine who does not block anymore Your exactly right Witten looks like he is totally finished at this point can't block a statue and Felix is the definition of a bust can't believe we could of had CJ.

Old Tiger
11-08-2010, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Your exactly right Witten looks like he is totally finished at this point can't block a statue and Felix is the definition of a bust can't believe we could of had CJ. jerry <3's his arkansas boys

GrTigers6
11-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I've been screaming for McGee since Romo went down! Why the hell not? Worse comes to worse he wins you some games, ups his trade value and you trade him for a decent safety or an offensive lineman. Cant trade Mcgee because then we wont have a backup qb. Because if kitna is still with cowboys next year then that is a waste of a roster spot.

bobcat1
11-08-2010, 08:57 AM
The O-Line couldn't block my Mom who uses a walker to get around. What a bust Leonard Davis has been. Big ol' Texas guy that is lazy as heck. The D-Line including DWare and Spencer couldn't break through a wet paper sack and if they do they are so far out of the play they can't make one. We have no true linebackers. Newman is washed up. Jenkins has not been coached at all this year. Sensabaugh tries but never has been great. Allan Ball is a 3rd stringer at best. Marion is good for one run of 7 yards right at the first of the game and that's it. Felix Jones should never be used to run except for quick pitch out sweeps or screen passes, 3rd down type back. Kitna is useless. He has no pocket awareness at all.

Lastly O-line, D-line, OC, DC, D-Backs and Special teams coaches all need to be fired today! There is not one coach on that sideline that will get it their arse when they screww up. They all want to sit down and rationalize the situation.

MesquiteFan
11-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I think Jerry's comments after the game last night hint towards a decision today on the head coach...

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
. The D-Line including DWare and Spencer couldn't break through a wet paper sack and if they do they are so far out of the play they can't make one. We have no true linebackers. Newman is washed up. Jenkins has not been coached at all this year. .

Ware has not been playing at the best level but is still 3rd in league with sacks

Newman before the injury was playing at pretty high level, teams were not even throwing his way

the rest I agree with

Farmersfan
11-08-2010, 09:48 AM
This whole organization has been about making excuses. Hell, even a awful lot of their fans are about making excuses. Many on this forum are constantly making excuses! Nobody is held accountable on this team or in the office! Look at the facts over the last several years and you can see the issues with this team have been bobbing their ugly head up and down, up and down on a regular basis. Even when Parcels was here we saw indications of rotten attitude and arrogance from a lot of the players! Romo fumbles a routine FG snap to lose a playoff game and everyone makes excuses! Several key players take a vacation to Mexico the weekend before a playoff game then they proceed to get beat and everyone makes excuses! The #1 player on the team tells the world that if losing a football game is the worst thing to happen to him he will have lived a good life and everyone makes excuses! Every single preseaon the QB and receivers for this team are labeled "out of sync" after we watch news reports all off-season of Romo trying to qualify for the PGA and everyone makes excuses! Jerry brings in trash like Owens, Jones and Johnson to split and destroy the lockerroom and everyone makes excuses! All season long last year the offense progressively gets worst and worst at scoring points and everyone makes excuses! Marion Barber was probably the BEST 4th quarter back in the NFL and Jerry gives him a huge contract and Wade makes him the starter and he becomes a shadow of his former self and everyone makes excuses! Jason Witten was one of the best TEs in the game a couple of years ago but has started to make a lot of mistakes, can't block and can't get open like he use to and everyone makes excuses! The receivers for this team drop a lot of balls and instead of benching them, Wade publically makes excuses! The O-line is playing like crap and when you see them on the sidelines it's like they just don't care! (I'm not talking about just the past several games either) and everyone makes excuses. Even last year this O-line didn't seem to fight real hard!
But first and foremost the problem with this team this year is confidence! It seems like everything is working against them in these games. The refs are missing key penalties that would help the Cowboys and calling penalties against them that kill the Cowboys! The ball is bouncing against the Cowboys it seems at all times!
Of all the problems with this team I blame Wade the most for this one. There is NO EXCUSE for this team to have a lack of confidence! Combinations of bad game plans, poor execution and bad luck have reduced this team to below mediocre and Wade and several others need to pay the price for that!

DISCLAIMER: I didn't bring up Romo to single him out! But if the Army sucks you have to look at the officers first. Even if the "EXCUSE MAKERS" don't agree, Romo is the highest ranking officer of this army!

Farmersfan
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
The O-Line couldn't block my Mom who uses a walker to get around. What a bust Leonard Davis has been. Big ol' Texas guy that is lazy as heck. The D-Line including DWare and Spencer couldn't break through a wet paper sack and if they do they are so far out of the play they can't make one. We have no true linebackers. Newman is washed up. Jenkins has not been coached at all this year. Sensabaugh tries but never has been great. Allan Ball is a 3rd stringer at best. Marion is good for one run of 7 yards right at the first of the game and that's it. Felix Jones should never be used to run except for quick pitch out sweeps or screen passes, 3rd down type back. Kitna is useless. He has no pocket awareness at all.

Lastly O-line, D-line, OC, DC, D-Backs and Special teams coaches all need to be fired today! There is not one coach on that sideline that will get it their arse when they screww up. They all want to sit down and rationalize the situation.

The Packer's O-line broke down just as often as the Cowboys O-line did but THEIR QB stepped up, stepped out or made adjustments to help his line out! The run blocking has been bad but the Cowboys have been trying to run against 8 or 9 man fronts ever since last season! Teams have learned that the passing game for the Cowboys won't hurt you if you don't give the QB 3 or 4 seconds to allow the receivers to get open down field. The defenses for the opponents have been bringing 1 or more blitzers almost every single play and the Cowboys can't make them pay! Does that speak about the quality of the receivers or the quality of the QBs?

Txbroadcaster
11-08-2010, 09:59 AM
This whole organization has been about making excuses. Hell, even a awful lot of their fans are about making excuses. Many on this forum are constantly making excuses! Nobody is held accountable on this team or in the office! Look at the facts over the last several years and you can see the issues with this team have been bobbing their ugly head up and down, up and down on a regular basis. Even when Parcels was here we saw indications of rotten attitude and arrogance from a lot of the players! Romo fumbles a routine FG snap to lose a playoff game and everyone makes excuses! Several key players take a vacation to Mexico the weekend before a playoff game then they proceed to get beat and everyone makes excuses! The #1 player on the team tells the world that if losing a football game is the worst thing to happen to him he will have lived a good life and everyone makes excuses! Every single preseaon the QB and receivers for this team are labeled "out of sync" after we watch news reports all off-season of Romo trying to qualify for the PGA and everyone makes excuses! Jerry brings in trash like Owens, Jones and Johnson to split and destroy the lockerroom and everyone makes excuses! All season long last year the offense progressively gets worst and worst at scoring points and everyone makes excuses! Marion Barber was probably the BEST 4th quarter back in the NFL and Jerry gives him a huge contract and Wade makes him the starter and he becomes a shadow of his former self and everyone makes excuses! Jason Witten was one of the best TEs in the game a couple of years ago but has started to make a lot of mistakes, can't block and can't get open like he use to and everyone makes excuses! The receivers for this team drop a lot of balls and instead of benching them, Wade publically makes excuses! The O-line is playing like crap and when you see them on the sidelines it's like they just don't care! (I'm not talking about just the past several games either) and everyone makes excuses. Even last year this O-line didn't seem to fight real hard!
But first and foremost the problem with this team this year is confidence! It seems like everything is working against them in these games. The refs are missing key penalties that would help the Cowboys and calling penalties against them that kill the Cowboys! The ball is bouncing against the Cowboys it seems at all times!
Of all the problems with this team I blame Wade the most for this one. There is NO EXCUSE for this team to have a lack of confidence! Combinations of bad game plans, poor execution and bad luck have reduced this team to below mediocre and Wade and several others need to pay the price for that!

DISCLAIMER: I didn't bring up Romo to single him out! But if the Army sucks you have to look at the officers first. Even if the "EXCUSE MAKERS" don't agree, Romo is the highest ranking officer of this army!

This IMO is the problem with alot of the fanbase...your pointing out things like the trip to Mexico...you do realize in a bye week players travel right? Emmot Smith talked about how when they had bye week in the play offs in the 90's half the team went to Vegas and the other half went to the beach.

This is not about confidence( but I do agree to some extent) it is about talent not as good as we all thought at key positons.

And of course you bring up comments made by Romo two years ago that he has since said he regrets saying

Not sure what excuse was made about Romo and the fumble on the FG..I do know the NFL changed how the K-balls were handled( HAHAHA sounds bad) after that game

Again with excuses..u claim to many Cowboys make them, yet your making them about the refs and key penalties

Again just look at the "effort" this team has put forth since Romo went down. You might not like him, he might not be as good as people think, but the simple fact is when he plays the team at least tries, when he has been hurt this team folds

GrTigers6
The Packer's O-line broke down just as often as the Cowboys O-line did but THEIR QB stepped up, stepped out or made adjustments to help his line out! The run blocking has been bad but the Cowboys have been trying to run against 8 or 9 man fronts ever since last season! Teams have learned that the passing game for the Cowboys won't hurt you if you don't give the QB 3 or 4 seconds to allow the receivers to get open down field. The defenses for the opponents have been bringing 1 or more blitzers almost every single play and the Cowboys can't make them pay! Does that speak about the quality of the receivers or the quality of the QBs? The quality of head coach and OC

Bullaholic
Deplorable, embarassing, and hard for a loyal Cowboy fan to watch. Hope Jerry makes the change today, if for no other reason than to satisfy the fans and clear the air. I don't think firing Wade will salvage the season, but at least it will put the team on the long road to recovery.

GrTigers6
11-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Deplorable, embarassing, and hard for a loyal Cowboy fan to watch. Hope Jerry makes the change today, if for no other reason than to satisfy the fans and clear the air. I don't think firing Wade will salvage the season, but at least it will put the team on the long road to recovery. it might make the games m,ore interesting though, depending on who the next puppett is.:D

Farmersfan
11-08-2010, 10:39 AM
This IMO is the problem with alot of the fanbase...your pointing out things like the trip to Mexico...you do realize in a bye week players travel right? Emmot Smith talked about how when they had bye week in the play offs in the 90's half the team went to Vegas and the other half went to the beach.

This is not about confidence( but I do agree to some extent) it is about talent not as good as we all thought at key positons.

And of course you bring up comments made by Romo two years ago that he has since said he regrets saying

Not sure what excuse was made about Romo and the fumble on the FG..I do know the NFL changed how the K-balls were handled( HAHAHA sounds bad) after that game

Again with excuses..u claim to many Cowboys make them, yet your making them about the refs and key penalties

Again just look at the "effort" this team has put forth since Romo went down. You might not like him, he might not be as good as people think, but the simple fact is when he plays the team at least tries, when he has been hurt this team folds

Of course you keep saying that but the difference in the effort in these players now compared to before Romo went out is minimal!
The offense sucks royally but newsflash: It sucked royally before. The defense is playing horrible but guess what? It was playing horribly before Romo went out. Basically NOTHING has changed from a effort standpoint! You don't have to look for every single little silver lining to try and support your arguements in favor of Romo over the last couple of years. There just aren't too many silver linings these days.

Points allowed by this defense per minute of possession by opponent.

Redskins: .5
Bears: 1
Texans: .1
Titans: 1.4
Vikings: .7
Giants: 1.10
Jaguars: 1.09
Packers: 1.2

Other than the Redskins and Texans this team is giving up about a point per minute. You really can't read Romo leadership into how this team is playing since he went out. Perhaps they are playing a little worst but the fact that they are DONE for the season and don't have any hope has a bigger impact on their play than Romo's leadership!

GrTigers6
11-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Of course you keep saying that but the difference in the effort in these players now compared to before Romo went out is minimal!
The offense sucks royally but newsflash: It sucked royally before. The defense is playing horrible but guess what? It was playing horribly before Romo went out. Basically NOTHING has changed from a effort standpoint! You don't have to look for every single little silver lining to try and support your arguements in favor of Romo over the last couple of years. There just aren't too many silver linings these days.

Points allowed by this defense per minute of possession by opponent.

Redskins: .5
Bears: 1
Texans: .1
Titans: 1.4
Vikings: .7
Giants: 1.10
Jaguars: 1.09
Packers: 1.2

Other than the Redskins and Texans this team is giving up about a point per minute. You really can't read Romo leadership into how this team is playing since he went out. Perhaps they are playing a little worst but the fact that they are DONE for the season and don't have any hope has a bigger impact on their play than Romo's leadership! except they were in every game until romo went out. They lost all there games by less than 7 points, so you cant deny that the team has given up without romo. Every game since has been blowouts

Farmersfan
11-08-2010, 03:00 PM

"This IMO is the problem with alot of the fanbase...your pointing out things like the trip to Mexico..."

IF this team goes on and wins the playoff game after the trip to Mexico then we aren't even mentioning it now! BUT THEY LOST! And you have no more of an idea if it affected the team or not in that playoff game. If anything the media attention to the trip DID have a adverse effect. And not once has anyone from the Cowboys publically stated that considering how the next game went perhaps the trip could have waited just a few more weeks.

"And of course you bring up comments made by Romo two years ago that he has since said he regrets saying"

You see, the problems with this team didn't just start this season. I have been pointing out the attitude, inconsistency, lack of dedication and the overall demeanor of this team for at least 3 seasons now! Even with a 11-5 record last season I told everyone there was something rotten in big D! I have also been pointing out that Romo isn't into this QB thing and doesn't have a winners attitude or leadership ability! You excuse makers disagree but the results are proof positive. And of course Romo "Regrets" saying what he said because he got his arse handed to him by the media. But that doesn't change the fact that he felt that way when he said it and logic would tell a observant person that he STILL feels that way. A team mimmicks the stars on the team! Even if he doesn't led the team Romo is still the big name and #1 player on this team! The combination of Wades rediculous pamperering and Romo's inexhaustive explainations about what went wrong and how he is going to "try and get better" the entire team has become one big proof that "IF LOSING A SPORTING EVENT IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO YOU IN YOUR LIFE THEN YOU WILL HAVE LIVED A GOOD LIFE"!!!!! And it's not likely to change until either Romo is gone or a coach is brought in that can get past it!

Farmersfan
11-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
except they were in every game until romo went out. They lost all there games by less than 7 points, so you cant deny that the team has given up without romo. Every game since has been blowouts

But the statement was made that this team has given up BECUASE of Romo being out! I say that is positively incorrect! This team has given up because they are 1-7 and are out of contention! It's a pretty big stretch to think this team would not also have given up if Romo had been the QB the last 2 games and they had still lost! And based on how they had played since the lost to the Vikings in the playoffs last season they certainly would have lost even with Romo!

GrTigers6
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
But the statement was made that this team has given up BECUASE of Romo being out! I say that is positively incorrect! This team has given up because they are 1-7 and are out of contention! It's a pretty big stretch to think this team would not also have given up if Romo had been the QB the last 2 games and they had still lost! And based on how they had played since the lost to the Vikings in the playoffs last season they certainly would have lost even with Romo! They are playing like, Why Bother, because without romo we cant win anyway and I dont want to get hurt. Not saying that romo inspires them that much. just that they think there chances died with his absence.