PDA

View Full Version : Noise Makers "official Rules"

Ranger354
11-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Anyone know that official rules on Noisemakers at Texas High School football games?

I have heard all kinds of talk, but would like to get the official definition.

We all know some school like GP and other have a Train Horn they blow after a TD.

pirate4state
11-07-2010, 07:26 PM
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/constitution/uil-ccr-section-1207-1210.pdf

Section 1208(n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS.
Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

Looks like if you are outdoors, noisemakers are fair game.

So, I will keep ringing my cowbell, courtesy of LH Panther Dad :D

Emerson1
11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
I am gonna have my vuvuzela in hand friday night

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Noise makers, getting them out of the closet for this game then :)

TexMike
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM
These are the UIL rules. But, specific facilities can, and do, make their own rules, enforceable by that facility, i.e. they can boot you. Best check with the facility beforehand.

Inmateboss
11-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Dern skippy, we have one too!!! We were told during the Burkburnett game by the Refs at half time not to blow it anymore, it bothered them! The Current President of our Booster club being a High ranking elected official graciously complied!! If it had been up to me I would have blown it every time we made a first down!!Well probably not and we don't try to over do it, but come on it's texas football, Friday Night Lights... We wait all year for this! I was so proud of our Romping Stomping Big Blue Band during the Graham/ Iowa Park game and they got warned three times by the ref's. Let them make noise and get into the game and have some fun!

TexMike
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Over-officious refs. They have no jurisdiction over these.

pirate4state
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Dern skippy, we have one too!!! We were told during the Burkburnett game by the Refs at half time not to blow it anymore, it bothered them! The Current President of our Booster club being a High ranking elected official graciously complied!! If it had been up to me I would have blown it every time we made a first down!!Well probably not and we don't try to over do it, but come on it's texas football, Friday Night Lights... We wait all year for this! I was so proud of our Romping Stomping Big Blue Band during the Graham/ Iowa Park game and they got warned three times by the ref's. Let them make noise and get into the game and have some fun! Wait, what? The BAND got a warning?!?! WTH?!?!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I've heard of a band being to loud and told to lower it down :doh:

Inmateboss
11-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Wait, what? The BAND got a warning?!?! WTH?!?!

OOOOH yeah!! Stopped the Game Three times and told the band they were playing too loud!! It was cool it just got everyone more fired up!! :D :D

pirate4state
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
I've heard of a band being to loud and told to lower it down :doh: The only time I will agree with this is when the band is playing while THEIR team is on offense. Just watch the game and wait until the other team is on offense and then play as loud as you want! :D

Inmateboss
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
The only time I will agree with this is when the band is playing while THEIR team is on offense. Just watch the game and wait until the other team is on offense and then play as loud as you want! :D

Dern Right!!! The band shouldn't be at the game just for half time!! and our band was KICKING it that night! We didn't play loud all the time, nice and soft while they figured out what they were going to do, and then cranked it up! it was fun and the Ref's didn't chunk anybody so i guess they knew it was all in fun!!

TexMike
11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
As long as the band and the noisemakers do not prevent a team from hearing its signals, there is no problem. As someone who is down on the field, I have never heard that much noise that the interior linemen cannot hear the snap count. And that is what we care about,the interior line, not the wideouts

bwdaggie
11-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
I was so proud of our Romping Stomping Big Blue Band during the Graham/ Iowa Park game and they got warned three times by the ref's. Let them make noise and get into the game and have some fun!

kudos to graham band!!!! thats something to be proud of!!!

sinton66
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/constitution/uil-ccr-section-1207-1210.pdf

Section 1208(n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS.
Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

Looks like if you are outdoors, noisemakers are fair game.

So, I will keep ringing my cowbell, courtesy of LH Panther Dad :D

So that's why we don't have the cannon anymore? Maybe we need to find us a HUGE foghorn or something.:D

BwdLion_80
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
I bet most schools don't know, or care, about the "releasing balloons" part of that rule. I have seen it at more than one game I have called this year!

Inmateboss
11-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
I bet most schools don't know, or care, about the "releasing balloons" part of that rule. I have seen it at more than one game I have called this year!

Yeah i've seen it alot, wonder why? Not Green? Cow ate one somewhere?

striker
11-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Certain districts can also ban noisemakers in their district rules and regulations.

partimefan
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Since you all brought up the band:

Guest band plays first, takes up 20+ minutes.
Home band cuts show down, but is still playing when half ends.
While home band finished last song of program, the guest band strikes up the fight song.

Not to mention the arrogance of the guest band, UIL rules say that Home team gets a penalty if half goes over. Has anyone seen that enforced?

buckeyebob
11-08-2010, 05:50 AM
I was under the impression that a whistle was against the rules. Does this mean that I can blow one as I want.

TexMike
11-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by partimefan
Since you all brought up the band:

Guest band plays first, takes up 20+ minutes.
Home band cuts show down, but is still playing when half ends.
While home band finished last song of program, the guest band strikes up the fight song.

Not to mention the arrogance of the guest band, UIL rules say that Home team gets a penalty if half goes over. Has anyone seen that enforced?

I have seen the coach from the home team ask that his team be penalized for what he perceived as his band going too long. Apparently in some schools there is not a good relationship between coach and band director.

We have had the last 2 weeks in row see halftimes that last 32 and 33 minutes respectively. All we can do is report it to the UIL. I am sure they give a hoot.

Ranger354
11-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Balloons were released at the Sinton - Mathis game I think. Just wanted to bring my air horn and didn't want to get anyone in trouble....