PDA

View Full Version : Austin Collie injury

XtremeCouture
11-07-2010, 05:42 PM
gets hit, flag thrown for hitting a defenseless receiver. as he's laying on the ground not moving, the entire eagles defense is jumping around irate about that call. 10 minutes later, collie is being wheeled off a stretcher motionless. leave it to philadelphia to be a bunch of a-wipes.

BaseballUmp
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
While yes it was a vicious hit, I don't think it warranted a flag

bwdlionfan
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
While yes it was a vicious hit, I don't think it warranted a flag

I didn't see any thing to warrant a flag either

mwynn05
11-07-2010, 05:50 PM
that wasnt a penalty...collie lowered his head

XtremeCouture
11-07-2010, 06:06 PM
i'm not really worried about the flag. the point is the behavior of the players while an opponent is seriously injured. i understand being upset over a call but they were pretty animated.

LionFan72
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Personally, I hate the Eagles, but they got robbed of a turn-over, that is why they were acting stupid. Yes it was a violent hit, not an illegal hit. Hope Collie is alright! This is a violent sport and the players are aware of that when they sign to play.

Keith7
11-07-2010, 06:21 PM
BS call of the year. The Eagles got screwed.

1. Collie's injury likely occured when the back of his head slammed against THE GROUND not from when he lowed his head into Coleman

2. Collie clearly fumbled the ball. The refs blow the play dead for no reason and that leads to a Colts TD.

3. Shouldn't the NFL consider flagging the QB who leads the receiver into three defenders? I mean he is the one who puts his receiver in a dangerous position.

4. Why is Phil Simms an announcer? The guy is an idiot who is horrible at his job. Get him the hell out of the booth.

Keith7
11-07-2010, 06:23 PM
5. The very next play Manning calls the exact same thing the other way to another receiver knowing the Eagles will play soft defense on it. What a ****.

DDBooger
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

4. Why is Phil Simms an announcer? The guy is an idiot who is horrible at his job. Get him the hell out of the booth. You missed a chance to bring up his son who played for the Horns...lol

Collie has a concussion.

Daddy D 11
11-07-2010, 06:29 PM
5. The very next play Manning calls the exact same thing the other way to another receiver knowing the Eagles will play soft defense on it. What a ****.

I mean can you blame him? lol the man wants to win.

The refs definitely messed that one up though, in no way what so ever was that a bad hit!

Also, I'm still angry over the James Harrison "hit" on Brees last week!! I'm still shocked he was fined $10,000 for it! NFL blows.

Keith7
11-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Also, I'm still angry over the James Harrison "hit" on Brees last week!! I'm still shocked he was fined $10,000 for it! NFL blows.

I agree.. that one was very ticky tacky..

the NFL blows.

I'm kind of glad there won't be a season next year

TheDOCTORdre
11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
the NFL needs to let the DBs be more physical with the WRs in coverage and that will take away from the vicious hits

DDBooger
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I mean can you blame him? lol the man wants to win.

The refs definitely messed that one up though, in no way what so ever was that a bad hit!

Also, I'm still angry over the James Harrison "hit" on Brees last week!! I'm still shocked he was fined $10,000 for it! NFL blows. Harisson has been fined over 100k this year.

Daddy D 11
11-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree.. that one was very ticky tacky..

the NFL blows.

I'm kind of glad there won't be a season next year

Yeah I really hope there isn't. And with all these fines coming down from Goddell, and the players discontent with the league growing... I think negotiations will be harder for sure.

I've never really gotten into the NFL at all, I'll only watch if the cowboys are playing a decent opponent or if it's the playoffs. So if there is no football I wouldn't give two shits.

I'm sick of all the ways the league is making it damn near impossible to play defense. And I think this goes for college too.... seems like now if you want some yards just throw it deep and tell your WR to bump into the corner and fall down.. works EVERY TIME. It really is impossible to defend the pass as a corner or safety now a days. If you are a fraction of a second early and the WR flops... it's a flag. It kills me all the ticky tacky calls that are made now a days when it comes to WRs and the people defending them. Really the only shot you have of stopping the pass is if its a bad pass or the receiver drops it... that's really it. You basically have to wait till they catch it, then try and knock it out! Because in some cases even if you get there at the same damn time it's still a flag because the WR flops.

Daddy D 11
11-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Harisson has been fined over 100k this year.

Yeah I know. He was only fined 10,000 for the last one on Brees though. That one was the most ridiculous one as far as it should have never resulted in a fine.